Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, RubySoho said:

But have you tried dark chocolate hummus yet? Me, oh my! It’s heaven on a graham cracker...👌🏼👌🏼

Chocolate with garlic.  No thank you a thousand times.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

No pot watching and stirring for me cuz I'm woke and shit!   

Plus they are for breakfast so I'm literally not woke enough to bother with the stirring.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Pudge, did you eat the entire recipe?  It looks like it is for 2 people or more.

by my calculations, one peach + 1/2 the recipe contains:

532 calories

19 g protein  (OK, but low relative to calories)

82 g of thigh-dimpling carbs

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8

I'm surprised she isn't throwing everything in a mason jar and making ultra-woke "overnight oats" and eating it right out of the jar.  And that voluminous recipe would require a litre/quart-sized mason jar!

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8

how come no one ever told me about steel cut oats?

LOL.  Well ya see, Mariah, much like yoga, bees, queerness, and water, steel cut oats simply didn't exist before you discovered them and could bestow your great knowledge on the world.

Back in 2007 or so I went so far as to buy a special canister to keep steel cut oats on my counter.  🤣

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Pudge, did you eat the entire recipe?  It looks like it is for 2 people or more.

532 calories

Let's hope not.  1/3 dry is a serving.  So that should be enough for 3 people.  But if you are active  i guess 1/2 cup would be okay.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Roslyn said:

White granulated sugar is not vegan.  To make commercially processed sugar white, they filter it through bone ash. You need to purchase organic or raw types of granulated sugar to be vegan compliant.  With my limited research regular brown sugar is a grey area, I haven't found a absolute definitive answer since it is known to be sugar with molasses added back in.

I'm learning a ton about why there's no way I could live a vegan lifestyle 👌😊

2 hours ago, deirdra said:

532 calories

Of course it would depend on what fruit she decides to add in. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

What's her next big Discovery gonna be? Quinoa?

Another one like Janelle, I see.

I've been eating steel cut oats for 30 years.  I started with McCann's Irish Oatmeal.  Nothing new there, Mariah.

It amazes me how she looks so much older than she is eating what she thinks is a healthy diet.  The meals she eats out are atrocious.  It's no wonder that even with exercise her thighs look like mine did when I was 50.  All the sneakers and athleisure attire in the world aren't going to make her look healthy and in shape, or squinting selfies taken in front of Soul Cycle.  Neither is posting all these photos of supposedly "healthy" meals.  Both she and Janelle seem to be doing similar things posting this wretched looking crap and passing themselves off as "experts" for a fee.  It almost seems like they took the same correspondence course about how to make money online using their z list celebrity.  First they take some course to give themselves license to call themselves an "expert", then post photos on social media to create the impression that they're athletic and into all the most healthy foods (even though they're not and behind the scenes they're chowing down on carb., fat and sugar laden breakfasts that could feed a family of 4).

I just caught up on this thread after 2 months.  You guys crack me up!  This is like one big COL support group.  Honestly, this stuff is therapeutic and it never ceases to amaze me how we all think so alike!  Mariah is like the poster child for everything that's gone wacko today, so through her we get to gripe about it.  I too worry about a future where the younger generation will put all of us COL's out on the ice floe somewhere!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Grammar question:  She is NOT "literally" into her breakfast, is she?  If she were, wouldn't SHE be in the bowl with the rest of that stuff???

That is one of my pet peeves, the incorrect use of literally. My favorite is "I literally died" which point I say that they look very much alive.

Of course then I get this puzzled stare because they don't understand the difference between literally and figuratively.

This COL really questions the quality education these days.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

What's her next big Discovery gonna be? Quinoa?

Between Janelle discovering nutmeg and citrus fruit and Mariah over here discovering steel cut oats and water bottles, I am wearing a path from home to my grocery store just to see if they stock such crazy things in my town!  Strive to be Woke, y'all!

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Ok I'm ready for another squinching eye picture to talk shit about!  🙂  C'mon Mariah.  I know you're reading here!!!

I want another shot of her cellulite as she touts herself as a fitness and healthy eating guru.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm sure we will see an update soon.  Sister Maddie popped out Evangalynn Kodi, and Mariah will be pissed at not being the focus.

WAIT WHAT (runs over to Maddie's thread)...........................

• LOL 8
On 8/30/2019 at 7:05 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.ba4089626f08b10f1eb7acb2cb64b2f3.png

Finally! A newsletter of hers, I wish to subscribe too! Sign me up please@Mahamid Frauded Me

ETA- oh my apologies, I just see now it’s a blog not a newsletter, so I’ll have to check back periodically for woke updates myself. True Brown style that, make everyone else do the work. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
ETA
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2019 at 12:03 AM, AZChristian said:

Grammar question:  She is NOT "literally" into her breakfast, is she?  If she were, wouldn't SHE be in the bowl with the rest of that stuff???

Yet when I saw that bowl of greasy, sloppy, brown and orange sludge mess, I was actually congratulating her, for her correct usage of the word ‘literally’ into her breakfast. There’s that saying ‘You are what you eat’ right? I see the resemblance here.

• LOL 13
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Can someone decipher this?

What the heck is on his head?  Looks like half a round watermelon.  And what does that skateboard have to do with anything in the post?  I, too, am confused but as a COL I have an excuse.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

What the heck is on his head?  Looks like half a round watermelon.  And what does that skateboard have to do with anything in the post?  I, too, am confused but as a COL I have an excuse.

That is a helmet.  Because....kid playing I guess.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/28/2019 at 5:40 PM, deirdra said:

532 calories

Choice of fruit (I recommend LOTS)

A lot of fruit is not necessarily a good thing IMO. 

Also, I don't get the oatmeal hate! I've always loved it. Especially on a cold morning, as long as I can remember. 

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Also, I don't get the oatmeal hate! I've always loved it. Especially on a cold morning, as long as I can remember. 

The only thing i can think is maybe it wasn't cooked properly and was more like GLUE than porridge.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Growing up i hated regular oatmeal.  I would only eat the brown sugar maple Quaker one.   My mother never added anything to our oatmeal, except a little milk.  A few years ago I started making regular oats and I would add cinnamon,  french vanilla coffee creamer, walnuts and some fruit.  Sometimes I eat it raw with cinnamon, french vanilla creamer, almond milk and some fruit.  I would be hard pressed to eat it with no flavoring.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I have only recently started eating it daily and I started enjoying it more.  I would PREFER a bagel with cream cheese but my ass doesn't need it.  HA!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 8/29/2019 at 9:12 PM, DakotaJustice said:

I eat a ton of fruit, but I’m also working outdoors in the field all day. Probably not a great idea for a sedentary person. 

I love oatmeal! If I’m feeling exhausted at night, I eat it for dinner with a nut butter. It’s easy and cheap, has prebiotics and is overall good for us. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 10
On 8/26/2019 at 9:42 PM, DakotaJustice said:

I've had Field Roast (great name I thought) at potlucks before. It's not bad 😊

Hummus is always a good call to bring to potlucks where there might be vegans. Who doesn't like hummus?!?

Me, but I am not vegan.  Also I am allergic to it so there's that.   (I was looking for an emoji of an epi-pen but gave up)

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

WTF is going on with this family and rice substitutes all of a sudden?  And how dare Janelle not buy the brand that #sponsors Mariah?

The last time I looked that excited in a grocery store, I think I was in B.C. and discovered an aisle of British candy. 🤣  Clearly, I need to learn the joy of shilling some products.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

How nice.  Another squinty-eyed shit-eating grin picture.  Hair even greasier-looking than usual.  

I have come to the conclusion that that's not grease but some kind of gel she's putting in her hair thinking it's going to "tame" it or get rid of frizz or whatever.  The only problem is those things are known to dry out the hair (especially wavy or curly hair) so she's only contributing to her problem, not solving it.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Can something which contains rice substitute, actually contain rice?

Where have I been?  COL here.  I'm baffled.

Must be a percentage thing. Like “low fat”, “less sugar”. It contains less than 10% rice, but it contains it, so substitute is a lie, IMO. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Must be a percentage thing. Like “low fat”, “less sugar”. It contains less than 10% rice, but it contains it, so substitute is a lie, IMO. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Ah yes, horrible terrible rice that's been a main food staple for half the world's population for centuries. That rice.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2