Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

On 10/5/2018 at 2:25 PM, ChristmasJones said:

I adore avocados..one of my favorite foods!! I really like the small ones they sell at Trader Joe's as they are the perfect size for a single serving. 

I also love avocado but get the 100 calorie packs and spread it thinly. Mariah’s toast looks like it has 500 calories of avocado topped on it. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I also love avocado but get the 100 calorie packs and spread it thinly. Mariah’s toast looks like it has 500 calories of avocado topped on it. 

True, 1/4 is a serving and no more than twice a week.  She remarked in a video she put on YouTube, that she has avocado toast every day for breakfast.

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:57 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

The constant proclamations of a love *so* deep mere mortals must struggle to comprehend is oh-so-so touching, right. But isn't this really the first relationship Mariah has ever been in? So ... call me a dark-hearted negative skeptic, but aren't the odds against her relationship with Audrey being the life-long magical forever soul mate match Mariah seems to think it is? I guess some first relationships do stand the test of time (congrats to those who've enjoyed such unions) but despite Mariah's heartfelt expressions of adoration for Audrey,  I don't know if it's going to be such a huge shocker if they don't last forever. I mean it may surprise Mariah, of course. But if they eventually break up it wouldn't surprise me.

That being said, I do sincerely wish them well. But I'm just no quite ready to install their great love among the likes of Anthony and Cleopatra just quite yet.

I always figure if you have to constantly publish your love on the internet for public consumption, something is not right.

• Love 14
23 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I just got a package of those.  I find that about 1/2 the package is enough for one of my meals.  An entire package is decadent but will settle for 1/2 until I am in maintenance mode.  ALMOST there!  Now that my schedule is nuts again I am not sure I could eat all the fresh avos before they are too ripe so this is good for now

• Love 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Wouldn’t be a bad picture if she cropped it.

This is an artistic photo.  All their photos are artistic.....to them. Without the manhole cover it would just be a picture of two girls. Meh!

On 10/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, Natalie68 said:

I just got a package of those.  I find that about 1/2 the package is enough for one of my meals.  An entire package is decadent but will settle for 1/2 until I am in maintenance mode.  ALMOST there!  Now that my schedule is nuts again I am not sure I could eat all the fresh avos before they are too ripe so this is good for no

I wish I could find those packages in my area. A whole avacado mostly goes to waste in my house. Avocados just don't store well.

• Love 6

Dear Mariah:

For once, I like your post.  I can't snark on your message.  You may end up likable yet.  Stranger things have happened.

HOWEVER, those hashtags all over the place really suck.  Self-care everyday?  Don't most of us do that?  Jeez Louise.

• Love 12

I think Mariah wants people to know she isn't taking all her avocado toast-eating life for granted. Some people get no avocado toast, and she is aware of that.  Something appears to have drove that point home last weekend. She should say what it was, but I guess being self-importantly mysterious is more fun. 

I think it's basically an attempt to get people to stop saying she has a pretty cushy lifestyle for a grad student.  She *appreciates* all she has so stfu, I guess.

• Love 14

Audge looks good in all black and she has accessorized nicely with the belt and pendant, but that LLR topper/jacket/coat needs to go.  The fabric is so flimsy that it rolls back on itself, exposing the unlined interior.  On a slender person, that garment might work as a wrap dress, belted and with interfacing along the outer edges...but what would be the point in reconstructing a  $40-50 piece from LLR when you could go to Ross and buy one ready to wear for $25.

• Love 6

Sorry to say, Mariah is the homeliest.  Dead ringer for Aunt ?  Meri's sister.   Audge is pretty in comparison.

"These are my people."  Sounds like something someone too big for their britches would say.

Odd pigeon-toed stance.  Yep, try on a stereotype till something sticks.  Where are their brooms?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Such large, homely looking young women. They are in their mid twenties, and still act like they are in their teens for some reason? Grow up!!

How are they acting like teens? They are smiling and posing for a picture. What is wrong with having some fun?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

It's fine to have some fun, but when is the last time any of them had a job or actually worked at something? Are they all getting their Masters? 

They are in college. I'm not sure what the issue is here.

• Love 10

To be fair, do we know anything about either of the blondes?   This is a single moment of a single day - I shudder to think what assessments would be made about me from a snapshot of a random day in my life.  Even if they all have a social media presence we still only see what they post, or in the case of Mariah, and to an even smaller extent Audrey, what the show editors choose to show us.   Yes, we get a slightly bigger view into the life and times of the Browns' due to the show but even that is a fraction of the actual daily activities out of an entire year!  It's a rare bird that catalogs and posts the daily grind of everyday living thus providing "proof" that they are indeed productive members of society and earning an honest and fruitful living.  I mean if we were to take a statistically significant sampling of social media posts and assess the activities and chronology of society how many of those posts would be "here I am at work slogging away at this vital spreadsheet"?   Therefore the logical conclusion can only be that very few people work and those that do only spend a small fraction of their time earning an income.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

To be fair, do we know anything about either of the blondes?   This is a single moment of a single day - I shudder to think what assessments would be made about me from a snapshot of a random day in my life.  Even if they all have a social media presence we still only see what they post, or in the case of Mariah, and to an even smaller extent Audrey, what the show editors choose to show us.   Yes, we get a slightly bigger view into the life and times of the Browns' due to the show but even that is a fraction of the actual daily activities out of an entire year!  It's a rare bird that catalogs and posts the daily grind of everyday living thus providing "proof" that they are indeed productive members of society and earning an honest and fruitful living.  I mean if we were to take a statistically significant sampling of social media posts and assess the activities and chronology of society how many of those posts would be "here I am at work slogging away at this vital spreadsheet"?   Therefore the logical conclusion can only be that very few people work and those that do only spend a small fraction of their time earning an income.

Well-said!!

I am all for snark when it's warranted,  really I am - but sometimes the levels in some parts reach the stratosphere, and often the supposed transgressions are pulled from thin air. And I honestly don't get the posts telling people they should grow up - having fun and being silly should not be limited to kids and teenagers. 

• Love 12

I like what I've seen of Audge, thus far.  I cannot say the same about her GF.  I'm happy for them, if they are able to make it work, and so far, so good.

From all of their recent photos, I like this one the best.  I'd bet Mariah's arm is to the right.  Apparently, she doesn't wear anything but black.  And dying her hair that dark shade?  Doesn't she know blondes have more fun?  Here's a piece of unsolicited advice:  if early greying is in one's genes, it just seems stupid to dye one's hair, before one has noticeable grey.  YMMV.

Edited by xwordfanatik
Noticed a misspelled word.
  • Love 2

I just learned Mariah was getting her Masters in Chicago. What fun! I am a Chicago native (born and raised) and currently live a hot skip from the Loyola North Side Campus. She will really enjoy it here (I love living here). I wonder if she and her girlfriend will spend a lot of time in Andersonville (a hip neighborhood for the LGBT community, young lesbians specifically). IF I see her I will report back.

On 10/19/2018 at 12:30 PM, winsomeone said:

The people that I know, nurses and teachers, work full time in their profession, and get their Master's on a part time basis. Guess if you are wealthy though, you can go to school full time and do it.

Many people I know study for their masters full time, especially if they attend right after undergrad (when they are less likely to have spouses or minor children). I don't think it has much to do with being wealthy, just a personal decision (again nothing wrong with waiting a few years, working and then going part time). Seems the girls are having fun and continuing their education, nothing wrong with that. 

• Love 7
On 10/19/2018 at 1:30 PM, winsomeone said:

The people that I know, nurses and teachers, work full time in their profession, and get their Master's on a part time basis. Guess if you are wealthy though, you can go to school full time and do it.

I think there is no hard and fast rule about this.  Speaking from personal experience.  But I went to Social Work school.

• Love 2

And the hashtags, which she types separate from her posts. I don’t get that?

mariahbrwn

#chicagofitness#chicagoblogger #everydaywellness#wellnessblogger #chicagowellness#chicago #chitown #loyola #luc#mondaymood #mondaygoals#mondaymood

• Love 2

That hair color is way too dark.

I am being a bit hypocritical though... when I was in college, I dyed my hair every color from white-platinum blonde, to jet black, and everything in between - dark red with the bottom half dyed black,  bleached white and then dyed neon pink like cotton candy (anyone remember Manic Panic?)... it was all fun and I'm glad I did it, but looking back at photos from that time, to an adult, my hair looked like crap during most of that time. Thankfully it was not preserved on social media for the entire world to see.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

That hair color is way too dark.

I am being a bit hypocritical though... when I was in college, I dyed my hair every color from white-platinum blonde, to jet black, and everything in between - dark red with the bottom half dyed black,  bleached white and then dyed neon pink like cotton candy (anyone remember Manic Panic?)... it was all fun and I'm glad I did it, but looking back at photos from that time, to an adult, my hair looked like crap during most of that time. Thankfully it was not preserved on social media for the entire world to see.

That's why I'm usually inclined to give Mariah and Audrey a break - self-absorbed, bad hair color, dumb social media posts? Sounds like one's late teens/20s to me, lol.

• Love 9
On 10/27/2018 at 1:08 PM, ChristmasJones said:

Thankfully it was not preserved on social media for the entire world to see.

I dyed my hair a gorgeous metallic blue last April and everyone on my FB got to go through the whole dye job, then follow along through the summer as my daily swim habit slowly but surely washed out all the blue by the end of August. I'm going to get it cut short & spiky next weekend and then decide if I want to dye it again. (And I'm old!)

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Nysha said:

I dyed my hair a gorgeous metallic blue last April and everyone on my FB got to go through the whole dye job, then follow along through the summer as my daily swim habit slowly but surely washed out all the blue by the end of August. I'm going to get it cut short & spiky next weekend and then decide if I want to dye it again. (And I'm old!)

You come on over to my house, and you and I can do dye on each other.  I'm 71, and I LOVE putting pink in my hair.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

You come on over to my house, and you and I can do dye on each other.  I'm 71, and I LOVE putting pink in my hair.

The senior ladies (my peers) in my town are dying chunks of purple in the front of their hair and adding strands of glitter.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, neh said:

The senior ladies (my peers) in my town are dying chunks of purple in the front of their hair and adding strands of glitter.

I'm a senior lady myself, and I remember lavender-tinted white hair on old ladies, in the 60's.

I'll stick with my strawberry blonde hair dye, for now.  If I live till I'm 80, all bets are off.  My mother greyed early (30's) and I did too.  Getting my grey roots retouched is my life.  

Mariah is way too pale to dye her hair dark.  It looks very phony-baloney on her, like when I spray-painted my hair black for Halloween as a teenager.  Ick.

• Love 7