Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 5/15/2017 at 8:31 PM, Josette said:

This couple was clearly chosen because they were celebrating ten years of marriage and Say Yes to the Dress is celebrating ten years on the air.

It's entirely possible that they were the only couple that got married in the initial contest that were still married.

(edited)
On 5/13/2017 at 8:33 PM, camom said:

Really, Shay?  A t-shirt with big ole pit stains?  Can you imagine if one of the women consultants showed up for work so casual?

Ugh. If I was an actual Kleinfelds consultant I would be very angry that the dress code of nice black clothing was not required for the male "employees"- though i'm speaking specifically about Shay. The intern dresses well, as does Randy. (Though based on pit stained Tshirt Shay's outfit I'm finally convinced he's just there for TV - I know a lot of you were ahead of me in figuring this out but i wasn't convinced until this week.)

On 5/16/2017 at 3:39 PM, 8th Light said:

Does anyone else hate the illusion neckline as much as I do? 

Most of them I don't like -  when there is no finishing to the edge it looks really cheap to me. But when there's some finishing to the edge - such as a small rolled hem, maybe some pleating, I think it can be quite beautiful.

The stories this season have been pretty awful. In reality TV I don't mind a little bit of faux production lying to let us make believe that an event is happening naturally. When done well you make believe too and go along for the ride and that's part of the fun. A little bit. But this vow renewal storyline was just insulting to my intelligence. Eyeroll after eyeroll of this pretend serendipity, and forced 2 day deadlines. And the lesson they're teaching us - if you're pretty and have a nice figure (after 3 kids! the miracle!) and don't plan well you'll be rewarded. It's all BS but that's what I saw.

I need to watch this show on mute.

Edited by Refresh
Edited to fix their/they're - it's been a long day
  • Love 8
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:39 PM, 8th Light said:

Does anyone else hate the illusion neckline as much as I do? 

I don't! SYTTD has not showcased any pretty, charming dresses with this feature so I can see why you would say that, though. A few years ago, I was helping my BFF look for cute, affordable decorations for a bridal shower. I got sucked into the black hole of Pinterest and now I get a million bridal related pins forced on me. A lot of the gowns that Pinterest is suggesting for me (ha!) has illusion and there are so many beautiful, classy dresses with illusion. Not the skanky cut-outs like vow renewal chick had on, but on the bodice and/or back and the body is covered up (gasp!). What a novel idea to cover up your body in your wedding dress!

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:15 PM, PinkyCupcake said:

Late to the party, but regarding last week's episode... I did a double take when the male friend of Valerie (the jet-set bride with the ''mafia'' entourage) said they were from Ile-Bizard since I'm from the area myself! (well, West Island, basically).

The dress she ended up with looked good on her, although it reminded me of lingerie... then again, it was a Pnina, lol.

I'm from the West Island too!  Beaconsfield and Pointe Claire!  Hi, neighbor!

• Love 1
On 4/23/2017 at 8:09 AM, Kohola3 said:

SYTTD has jumped the shark.  That is all.

This has become such a freak show, I'd welcome the "Say Yes to the Dress Normal Bride Edition." 

• Love 14

Tonight had the rerun on the 'no budget' bride. She chose the old Pnina and just added straps? With money to burn, Oscar de la Renta (or really anyone) could have easily come up with a 'reception' gown. Do any of the brides who choose the massive ballgown wonder how they will sit in the thing or have to use the bathroom? The pink Lolita type dress she wore was a bit of a turnoff. And the overdone makeup. You are trying on white dresses. No need for some of the spackle to come off on the gowns.

The twin sister and the entourage were really annoying. Why do people bring so many relatives and friends to pick a gown? One or two max or you will never get anything except another private appointment where you get the space to make the choice for - you. You are paying for it and it is your wedding. Not your twin sister's, not your cousin, not your friend.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Do any of the brides who choose the massive ballgown wonder how they will sit in the thing or have to use the bathroom?

Bridal Buddy to the rescue! It was on Shark Tank last week. It is a thin slip-like thing you wear under your dress (formal, prom, wedding, etc.) and pull it up with a drawstring. It gently gather up your voluminous skirt so you can go wee-wee by yourself and no assistance from girlfriends is necessary! Then when you let it down, your skirt goes back to its original shape. I've never worn a dress in my life that precluded me from going to tinkle without friends holding my dress up, so I have no idea if this is a good idea. BTW, the BB lady got a deal.

https://bridalbuddy.net/

• Love 4

The next time the clueless brides stating they want "tasteful" and "classic" and then put on a Pnina need to be shown these pictures.  That was one gorgeous dress that will still look gorgeous in pictures 20 years from now.  In half that time they will look at the Pnina pictures and ask "what the hell was i thinking".

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

Pippa Middleton looked gorgeous on her wedding day. Her dress is classy, elegant, sophisticated. Only one tasteful keyhole cutout to be seen!

The dress had no bling, no jeweled belt, and no cleavage. She didn't wear huge chandelier earrings or lots of sparkly bracelets. 

What is this world coming to? ;-)

9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Do any of the brides who choose the massive ballgown wonder how they will sit in the thing or have to use the bathroom? 

I definitely wonder that when I see the bridal rompers and bridal jumpsuits that have been featured on the show this season. The last thing I'd want to be doing at my wedding reception would be peeling everything off in a narrow bathroom stall just to be able to pee. 

• Love 6

Wow.  What a contrast between what Kleinfeld's usually trots out for prospective brides and what Pippa Middleton wore.  Just breathtaking.  It will be interesting to see if future brides we see on SYTD will start preferring less bling/pnina dresses and more of the tasteful and classic style dresses like Pippa's.  Probably not too likely but one can always hope.

• Love 10

Poor, clueless Pippa - not even see-thru or cut down to her waist!  (I'm being totally sarcastic)  One hopes brides will follow her lead.  I think there was a tasteful trend after her sister's wedding.  I can't watch the morons on "Say Yes"  -  but I must say the lack of taste doesn't surprise me.  Have a look at what people wear.  They are either going for "comfort" or "sexy" - nobody understands appropriate dress any more.

• Love 8

Did SYTTD go to one hour just this season?   I watched last week, was turned off, and did not bother to watch this week.  That new "consultant" is annoying (I don't want a guy in the dressing room with me) and I don't watch this show to see hi-jinks from the staff.  Give me the regulars, Randy, and some beautiful dresses!!

• Love 5
(edited)

40916C9700000578-4524842-The_33_year_old_stunned_as_she_displayed_her_gym_honed_figure_in-a-39_1495301740866.thumb.jpg.c3c9a1a0ca59797441da92b377f1f6ee.jpgJust popped in to see what folks were saying about Pippa's dress. I'll be honest, I wasn't bowled over by it. But, you can't go wrong with simple, clean & classic. It was refreshing to see a bride look so modest & demure. (Maybe I've been watching this show too much, lol!) A hundred years from now her wedding pictures will still look lovely!

4092208F00000578-4524842-image-a-197_1495281352908.thumb.jpg.b87037a216e0675b031fd5cff1d028e6.jpg

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

A hundred years from now her wedding pictures will still look lovely!

Grace Kelly was married in 1956.  In my mind her dress still looks absolutely beautiful.  Her dress and the Middleton sisters dresses fit the definition of classic.  Not a single trashy Pnina (nor a lot of other ridiculously revealing dresses) now seen on SYTTD will ever fit that description.  Never.

grace.jpg

• Love 9

Yep, 100 years from now, pictures of Pippa's dress will still be admired for the classy elegance of the dress.

OTOH, 10 minutes after they were taken, cell phone selfie pictures of helicopter Grand Canyon bride's romper were already showing her to be tacky and clueless.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Spunkygal said:

. . .  I personally find a bit of sexiness in being covered up. 

Unlike the current "definition" of sexiness, which seems to be, "Hey, look, everybody . . . this is everything that the groom will be seeing tonight."

• Love 8

The classic dresses are a 'can't go wrong' elegance. I do enjoy seeing something a bit different now & then though - but still modest; not tacky or showy. I never liked the strapless trend at all. Sometimes there can be a nice balance. I'd love to see something like that once in a while on the show. Now that would take much more creativity & talent for a designer!

• Love 5

Pippa's and Kate's gowns are so beautiful and classic. The opposite of the gaudy crap dresses on SYTTD.  I see brides on this show say they want something elegant and classic, and the consultants pull the most awful looking gowns. Can their tastes really be that bad, or are they supposed to push certain designers? I used to tune in to see beautiful wedding gowns, now it's just to see the train wrecks.

I hate strapless gowns. And mermaid. I've been to exactly one wedding where the bride wore strapless. It wasn't pretty, or ugly. Just boring.

• Love 3

I know the show used to give us a variety of designers that offered more than just strapless, strapless, stripper fairy, stripper fairy, cutouts, more strapless.  It wasn't just all Pnina all the time.  That can't be my imagination.  I mean, I'm a person who bought a sundress online for a courthouse wedding.  I'm not exactly a high-end shopper for as much as I might like to look at pretty dresses.  So there's no other real reason I should know who designers like Romona Keveza or Anne Barge are, except that the show featured them both enough at some point back in the day that I managed to file away the names in the part of your brain you keep seemingly useless information on the off chance I hit the lottery and my dressy dress youngest someday wants a designer gown I wouldn't be embarrassed to see her in public in.

I've seen a few strapless dresses I've liked but there haven't been many, and not as many women can pull them off without looking like they've been stuffed into a tube as they seem to think.  

• Love 5

So many of these brides have their boobs spilling out of these strapless dresses. Maybe it's just me but I think too much cleavage showing in a wedding dress looks cheap and tacky.  Is Pnina really considered a big deal wedding gown designer? Her gowns featured on the show are so awful. I can't recall any celebrity brides wearing a Pnina gown. 

• Love 6

She seems entirely a Kleinfeld/show creation, doesn't she?  If you go to the store website, it very prominently features her as a  "Kleinfeld exclusive."

What's funny is they have over the years showed a gown or two of hers that was quite nice, so it's not that she's completely incapable.  That's just not what her big sellers are or what made her famous.

• Love 3
(edited)

And those hideous dresses are so expensive! Luckily I haven't been to any wedding where the bride wore a stripper fairy gown.

Last night was a UK show. Are the US shows done for the year? That one girl resembled Kate, but the other girl really looked like Pippa. At least on the UK show we're getting some different styles of gowns. I guess over there most brides want a Kate (or now Pippa) style of gown. I wonder what Kleinfeld's does when a bride wants a Kate or Pippa style. Surely a lot of brides ask for gowns that are at least similar. Not everybody wants strapless. 

Edited by tawny411
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, tawny411 said:

I wonder what Kleinfeld's does when a bride wants a Kate or Pippa style. Surely a lot of brides ask for gowns that are at least similar. Not everybody wants strapless.

I have a feeling that brides that want classic and tasteful are not brides seeking 15 minutes of fame on TLC.  It's the famewhores that are shown with their expressed desires for sexy, revealing, skanky, tasteless dresses (or rompers, for Pete's sake).

• Love 5

)

4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I have a feeling that brides that want classic and tasteful are not brides seeking 15 minutes of fame on TLC.  It's the famewhores that are shown with their expressed desires for sexy, revealing, skanky, tasteless dresses (or rompers, for Pete's sake).

I looked at the Kleinfeld's website and they have lots of gowns that are very tasteful and beautiful. And have sleeves. I think they may be restricted to a certain small segment of dresses and designers for the show.

• Love 1

Full disclosure that my viewing of the show especially the last couple of years has been sporadic or limited to marathons that are on while I'm doing something else.  So take that for what it's worth.  But we have seen a least a few dresses with sleeves since Kate's wedding.  One showed up in the alterations portion of a episode I saw just recently.  I remember Randy in some episode or maybe even a special after the big wedding lamenting that while more brides would be wanting sleeves it would really limit their options because that wasn't what most of the designers were selling.  It was like it didn't register with him at all that the obvious solution to that would be to maybe stop with all the look alike strapless dresses.  

Of course, of the ones we do get see, half seem to not have any back at all or are cut down to the navel.  It's like they're playing some bizarre game of which body part do you most want your friends and relatives all to see?

• Love 2

Gee, maybe they should tell the designers that the customers want sleeves. I remember an episode where a bride wanted a gown like Kate's, and Randy said they only had one of those in the store.  This is a bridal store! It never occurred to these people that customers might want a gown like the most famous wedding gown of the last thirty years?!  But they fawn over these see through stripper fairy ugly ass dresses. I don't get it.

• Love 6
On 5/2/2017 at 1:54 PM, camom said:

Have you not seen "Four Weddings?"  I don't understand that every wedding must have a "theme."  (I understand wanting to have a certain style.)  When I got married, the theme was "wedding."  

I agree!  When I go to a wedding, I'm there to see two people in love say their vows.  

I don't understand why brides take a huge entourage with them when they shop for their wedding dress.  When I got married, I took my mom with me to look for my dress.  No relatives, no friends,  no wedding party.  Just my mom.  She paid for my dress which with veil, shoes, jewelry and tax cost $600.  This was almost 25 years ago so I don't know what that would cost in today's dollars.  My tea length dress had sleeves, beautiful beading on the top and tulle below the waist.  It was beautiful and I received many compliments on it.  In fact, when people see pictures of our wedding all these years later, I still get compliments.  I can't wrap my head around brides who spend thousands of dollars for a dress they are going to wear one time for a few hours.  Heck, I can't understand why parents or couples shell out thousands of dollars for a wedding.  My husband and I had a beautiful ceremony and reception for only $5,000.  A friend spent $20,000 on her daughter's wedding.  The marriage didn't even last five years.  IMO, $20,000 would be a very nice down payment on a house!

I'm sick of seeing strapless dresses on SYTTD.  I've only known one bride to wear one and even though she's a size six, she looked horrible in it.  She has absolutely no fat on her body but it looked like back fat sticking out at the top of her dress.  I was matron of honor so I got to see it up close during the whole ceremony.

One think I like about the Atlanta version is the brides can look at gowns, rather than having the consultant pull all the gowns from the back.  A friend of mine went to a bridal salon that had gowns arranged in rooms according to price.  If you didn't see what you wanted, you either upped the budget or left empty-handed.  I would rather look through the racks myself and see what was there, instead of trusting someone who has known me all of five minutes to pick what I might like.    

• Love 6

I saw a couple of minutes last night, before flipping by in disgust.  There was a dad who bought his little girl a $30,000 dress.  He said he could always make more money.  Daughter was a very cheap looking, bleach blond.  

One hopes Pippa will set a trend.  I'm not optimistic, though.  I was reading FB comments where somebody said Pippa looked classy, beautiful, and respectful & she wished American brides would dress like that on their wedding days.  Wow - a few people tore a strip off her!  After all, brides have the right to look like cheap hookers on THEIR day!

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, my3sons said:

I would rather look through the racks myself and see what was there, instead of trusting someone who has known me all of five minutes to pick what I might like.    

That's part of the "Kleinfeld Experience," though. We plebeians have to go to the racks ourselves and find what we like. Traditionally, people who buy very expensive clothes (I don't know if I should call it haute couture or not) sit in the dressing room while sales clerks bring clothes to them. (But usually in those cases, the clerks, the store, and the customer already have developed a relationship.) Kleinfeld lets its customers feel rich for the day, but makes sure the rabble doesn't soil the gowns by touching those out of their price range. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, my3sons said:

I agree!  When I go to a wedding, I'm there to see two people in love say their vows.  

I don't understand why brides take a huge entourage with them when they shop for their wedding dress.  When I got married, I took my mom with me to look for my dress.  No relatives, no friends,  no wedding party.  Just my mom.  She paid for my dress which with veil, shoes, jewelry and tax cost $600.  This was almost 25 years ago so I don't know what that would cost in today's dollars.  My tea length dress had sleeves, beautiful beading on the top and tulle below the waist.  It was beautiful and I received many compliments on it.  In fact, when people see pictures of our wedding all these years later, I still get compliments.  I can't wrap my head around brides who spend thousands of dollars for a dress they are going to wear one time for a few hours.  Heck, I can't understand why parents or couples shell out thousands of dollars for a wedding.  My husband and I had a beautiful ceremony and reception for only $5,000.  A friend spent $20,000 on her daughter's wedding.  The marriage didn't even last five years.  IMO, $20,000 would be a very nice down payment on a house!

I'm sick of seeing strapless dresses on SYTTD.  I've only known one bride to wear one and even though she's a size six, she looked horrible in it.  She has absolutely no fat on her body but it looked like back fat sticking out at the top of her dress.  I was matron of honor so I got to see it up close during the whole ceremony.

One think I like about the Atlanta version is the brides can look at gowns, rather than having the consultant pull all the gowns from the back.  A friend of mine went to a bridal salon that had gowns arranged in rooms according to price.  If you didn't see what you wanted, you either upped the budget or left empty-handed.  I would rather look through the racks myself and see what was there, instead of trusting someone who has known me all of five minutes to pick what I might like.    

Regarding the size six bride with the back fat, that is exactly why very, very few look good in strapless. The top has to fit so snugly since there is often no other support. Even if it has boning in the bodice, it still is fitted snugly, therefore creating back fat when sometimes there is none. I am realistic about my body type and I would never consider strapless. It floors me when girls with substantial curves get a strapless and they look ridiculous. Just MHO, of course.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Unlike the current "definition" of sexiness, which seems to be, "Hey, look, everybody . . . this is everything that the groom will be seeing tonight."

The groom probably has already seen it.

Some of the gaudiness is the obsession with walking the 'white carpet'. It's a chance to be a celebrity for a day.  The attention is on you, all eyes are on you. Well, til they forget all about your fabulous gown within 2 minutes. The glitter, the glam. I dunno if a lot of the bridezillas understand wedding vows. It's just the me-me-me mindset. You are not saying 'yes' to the dress. Nice if you can afford thousands of dollars for something you will wear for a few hours. And probably sell on eBay a year later to cover divorce stuff.

Of course Kleinfeld is in the business to make money so the staff will push a higher priced gown. Weddings are a huge market. Have no idea if the bride or her parents realize that the alterations on a $5000 gown may be close to another $1000. The parents, of course, want to make the baby happy and will fork out more money to make her happy.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

<snip>Some of the gaudiness is the obsession with walking the 'white carpet'. It's a chance to be a celebrity for a day.  The attention is on you, all eyes are on you. Well, til they forget all about your fabulous gown within 2 minutes.

The glitter, the glam. I dunno if a lot of the bridezillas understand wedding vows. It's just the me-me-me mindset. You are not saying 'yes' to the dress. Nice if you can afford thousands of dollars for something you will wear for a few hours. And probably sell on eBay a year later to cover divorce stuff.

Exactly. Honestly, if you were to send out a survey to the wedding guests a week after the wedding asking them to describe the wedding gown, I'd guess other than the bride's immediate family and attendants, most of the guests would respond "It was white?"

What I personally remember is whether the gown was flattering and fit well, and whether the bride looked pretty in it (regardless of whether the style was of my taste). Honestly, if what I remembered about a particular gown was that the bride might as well have carried her boobs down the aisle on a silver platter, guests were treated to a great view of her butt crack, or "Look! She's not wearing panties!" - that would be a huge failure in dress selection in my book.

As for vows....YES! Do couples not know what the word "vow" means anymore? When couples write their own vows, often it just a list of all the things they like about their mate, and how wonderfully fabulous their mate makes them feel. Those aren't "vows." Vows are PROMISES. The things you are agreeing to fulfill during the course of your marriage - especially when the going gets tough (as it always does at some point). But it really doesn't surprise me that so many couples just don't get that, considering how weddings have morphed from a day in which friends and family witness and celebrate a lifelong commitment being made by two people to each other, and into big, expensive parties where a couple gets to pretend they're royalty for a day. 

• Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

As for vows....YES! Do couples not know what the word "vow" means anymore? When couples write their own vows, often it just a list of all the things they like about their mate, and how wonderfully fabulous their mate makes them feel. Those aren't "vows." Vows are PROMISES. The things you are agreeing to fulfill during the course of your marriage - especially when the going gets tough (as it always does at some point). But it really doesn't surprise me that so many couples just don't get that, considering how weddings have morphed from a day in which friends and family witness and celebrate a lifelong commitment being made by two people to each other, and into big, expensive parties where a couple gets to pretend they're royalty for a day. 

THIS 100x over... I've thought this over & over again when watching Four Weddings. Sometimes they are even trying to entertain with what they are saying - I mean really?  What baffles me is doesn't the officiant guide them in writing actual **promises**, & instruct them that is what a 'vow' actually is??  I guess not. (sigh)

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
On 5/21/2017 at 0:55 PM, tawny411 said:

So many of these brides have their boobs spilling out of these strapless dresses. Maybe it's just me but I think too much cleavage showing in a wedding dress looks cheap and tacky.  Is Pnina really considered a big deal wedding gown designer? Her gowns featured on the show are so awful. I can't recall any celebrity brides wearing a Pnina gown. 

A reality star wore a Pnina on her televised wedding. It was a used monstrosity that she bought off eBay. And she had a Pnina bejeweled jumpsuit for the reception It was Kim Zolciak of RHoATL.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2062430/Kim-Zolciak-wears-THREE-wedding-outfits-1-million-nuptials.html

So, yea, no celebrity brides I could think of either :)

• Love 2

How telling in that article that Pnina is identified as "of Say Yes to the Dress fame."  And of course she's responsible for a tacky as hell backless jumpsuit.  Because of course she is.

Can I just say how completely fascinated I am to be introduced to preownedweddingdresses.com through that story?  There seems to be an abundance of that overtired Pnina beaded thing that all the brides fall in love with for sale there.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

Can I just say how completely fascinated I am to be introduced to preownedweddingdresses.com through that story?  There seems to be an abundance of that overtired Pnina beaded thing that all the brides fall in love with for sale there.

I don't know whether I'm grateful or irritated that I've now found a link to a new time-suck. I'm struck by the number of dresses for sale that apparently never were worn at a wedding -- I'd love to know the story behind some of those. And I'm also kind of surprised at the number of very expensive dresses that are now up for resale -- mainly because I can't help but wonder if any of the brides are now thinking, "What if I hadn't spent that much on the dress?" "Why didn't I ask my parents to give me the money they were willing to pay for the dress to use as a downpayment on a house?"

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, rur said:

I don't know whether I'm grateful or irritated that I've now found a link to a new time-suck. I'm struck by the number of dresses for sale that apparently never were worn at a wedding -- I'd love to know the story behind some of those. And I'm also kind of surprised at the number of very expensive dresses that are now up for resale -- mainly because I can't help but wonder if any of the brides are now thinking, "What if I hadn't spent that much on the dress?" "Why didn't I ask my parents to give me the money they were willing to pay for the dress to use as a downpayment on a house?"

It appears that quite a few of the new dresses are being sold by resellers. I'm sure there are some who just didn't get married or even a few who bought a different dress (although I doubt this happens as often as SYttD would have you believe 

On 5/20/2017 at 8:32 AM, rur said:

The dress had no bling, no jeweled belt, and no cleavage. She didn't wear huge chandelier earrings or lots of sparkly bracelets. 

What is this world coming to? ;-)

I definitely wonder that when I see the bridal rompers and bridal jumpsuits that have been featured on the show this season. The last thing I'd want to be doing at my wedding reception would be peeling everything off in a narrow bathroom stall just to be able to pee. 

A friend went to a wedding where the bridesmaids wore backless bridal rompers.  She said from the front it looked like a dress but once they walked by, you could see it was pants.  She showed me a picture and I thought it looked ugly in the front and back!

I wonder if strapless dresses and see through stripper dresses are popular in other bridal stores around the country?  You'd think stores would have dresses with sleeves, especially if brides are wanting them.  I've seen the consultants at Kleinfeld's put a bolero on the bride to mimic sleeves.  IMO, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I found this bridal gown picture one time while surfing the internet.  I saved it because I thought the dress was so pretty.  If I was looking for a gown in 2017, this is the kind I would want to purchase.  Although I love the look of a train, I never wanted a long dress because I'm a klutz and would trip in my own dress!

13626999_10154287326443057_8403056879761730876_n.jpg

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, my3sons said:

A friend went to a wedding where the bridesmaids wore backless bridal rompers.  She said from the front it looked like a dress but once they walked by, you could see it was pants.  She showed me a picture and I thought it looked ugly in the front and back!

I wonder if strapless dresses and see through stripper dresses are popular in other bridal stores around the country?  You'd think stores would have dresses with sleeves, especially if brides are wanting them.  I've seen the consultants at Kleinfeld's put a bolero on the bride to mimic sleeves.  IMO, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I found this bridal gown picture one time while surfing the internet.  I saved it because I thought the dress was so pretty.  If I was looking for a gown in 2017, this is the kind I would want to purchase.  Although I love the look of a train, I never wanted a long dress because I'm a klutz and would trip in my own dress!

13626999_10154287326443057_8403056879761730876_n.jpg

That is darling! It has an Audrey Hepburn vibe which I adore. 

• Love 6

I wonder if strapless dresses and see through stripper dresses are popular in other bridal stores around the country?

There is a lovely little bridal salon in my town and you can see many of the dresses in the window.  I have never ever seen anything even close to the stripper fairy dresses.  Many are strapless, but they also have a lot that aren't. 

• Love 1
(edited)

My daughter is engaged and we just started looking at dresses. She doesn't like strapless and we have had no problems finding plenty of beautiful options that aren't strapless. And no consultant has given us a second look when we said no strapless. We also have a small budget $500-$800 max. (Her favorite so far is $499) No issues with that either. No one looked at us like we were cheap ass trash. And none of this 'we have time for 3 dresses and then you should decide' crap either. We tried probably 10 both times and had no pressure at all. All of that to say I'd never go to Kleinfeld. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 11