Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Thank You

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

The dumpster was against a chainlink fence. The overhead shot after Glenn and Nicholas fell shows no fence...?

Poetic license!

Also, the first photo clearly shows the fire escape on the side of the building. Yeah, it appears to have something blocking it, but it looks like a better bet than standing on top of a dumpster. (But, realistically, when you're running for your life, you're perhaps not thinking clearly. You're probably thinking that the alley you're in will lead somewhere.)

hqXyPU.gif

Rick did NOT get bit. He sliced his own hand with a Knife.

He broke his first Knife killing the first Walker.

The second Walker had a Knife in his Neck. Rick pulled it out & used it. That's when he accidentally sliced the top of his hand when he killed him.

You can see the straight cut on his Hand. It's from the Knife. NOT a bite mark.

• Love 4

Maggie is going to be destroyed.  Absolutely destroyed.

I'm calling it now.  Jessie dies and Rick and Maggie get together.

Nah. friend. That's Michonne's man.  Richonne 4 ever! I'm serious. Maggie and Rick have a brother/sister vibe at BEST. 

hqXyPU.gif

Rick did NOT get bit. He sliced his own hand with a Knife.

He broke his first Knife killing the first Walker.

The second Walker had a Knife in his Neck. Rick pulled it out & used it. That's when he accidentally sliced the top of his hand when he killed him.

You can see the straight cut on his Hand. It's from the Knife. NOT a bite mark.

He didn't get bit, but he might have gotten the blood from the walkers he killed mixed in with his blood :(. 

• Love 4

"When he hit the ground we clearly saw Nicholas was not on top of him."  We did?  I saw them falling and Glen was holding Nicholas' body in front of him. Since we saw Glen's face on the ground, Nicholas must have been on top of him.

I think Glen was screaming in fear of what would happen to him next, not out of pain.  If those body parts being torn were from his body, he would have been dead.  If he could pull himself under the dumpster, he could probably survive because the concrete walls protecting the dumpster would make it impossible for the walkers to push it over.  However, how would he pull himself under there fast enough to keep his legs from being attacked?

Watch the scene again. We see a wide shot of Glenn's impact on the ground. Nothing is on top of him.

• Love 2

Watch the scene again. We see a wide shot of Glenn's impact on the ground. Nothing is on top of him.

As witnessed by the photos that show a fence . . . but not a fence, there's no way we can prove anything. We have to wait for the show (and it's writers) to let us know. Because, you know, we trust them so much.

• Love 6
This!! I mean, back in "Clear" Michonne somehow magically returned into a walker-infested restaurant and escaped unscatched in less than a minute to retrieve Carl's family photograph. But in this episode she had trouble scaling a chain link fence?

Maybe her skin tight pants have gotten even tighter. 

I believe Glenn is alive.  He's going to survive by rolling under the dumpster, killing a walker, and covering himself with the walkers blood and guts.  After laying there for a few minutes, the walkers will lose his scent and slowly walk away.  Glenn will slide from under the dumpster and walk away.

Except walkers don't tend to just walk away unless there is another distraction elsewhere. 

So Rick has hurt his hand yet again.  Hope he didn't get too much walker goo in there.  Hopefully Denise can clean it out before infection sets in.

But will she give him a sage lil pep talk ala Hershel?

• Love 2

At the end of last season when Glen and Maggie were sitting on the porch talking right before a mission, they were being all sentimental and overly lovey, I said OMG Glen's not coming back!!!   

What was the deal with Dickolas and the high pitch screetch and zone out?  Seizures, aneurysm, stress?

When they went down the alley I thought go up the fire escape - oops not enough room for two.  Then get in the dumpster, geez the dumpster is full.  I was hoping Sasha would come tearing down the alley and run over all the Walkers - so sad that is not how it went. 

Watching the death scene in a loop - Dickolas and Glen fall but their feet fall towards the dumpster, heads away.  Close up of Glen's head/chest it is just Glen, no one on top of him - screaming, blood spurts -  go to zombies chowing down - back to Glen and he kind of does a mini crunch and you can see that it's just him no one on top of him and that they are pulling the intestines from down low.    

He didn't get bit, but he might have gotten the blood from the walkers he killed mixed in with his blood :(

Doesn't really matter, they're all infected. 

I believe it's only walker saliva that kills you - ala the fever and all that. 

• Love 3

I will admit I may miss little things here and there, but in what episode did we see Enid leaving a trail for the Wolves? I never saw her leaving a trail, period. But if she did, how are we to surmise it was for the Wolves? We never once saw Enid interact with any of them. 

Yup, I think YNB is great but I don't think Enid is a Wolf.  This has not been shown to us at all.  And besides, it's far too byzantine for TWD and doesn't ring true to how they usually roll things out, plot wise, IMO. 

• Love 3

If all the blood somehow camouflages Glenn, and he's all catatonic and dead-like because of it, the walkers would leave him alone, maybe? 

Only if it was dead-walker guts, not human.

The next morning and I'm still so bummed. Mainly about not having Glenn on the show anymore. But I hate the manipulation too, though the writers and producers are currently smiling their evil grins at each other, whispering "EXCELLENT..." with their fingers tented, a la Mr. Burns. Most main character deaths haven't been due to being torn up by walkers (T-dog was one), but they hardly shy away from showing such deaths when they want it to be certain. They want us squirming for two more weeks, and I'm hella cranky about it.

• Love 2

So far the inconsistent criteria for turning has not shown walker blood or guts as a sure vector for imminent death, unlike a walker bite. However, If TPTB have decided to make Rick an amputee they will, or if they want him to get seriously ill in a non-zombie-onset way from the cut they will. Whatever consequence, that wound is significant. Maybe the significance is just in what we are seeing Rick deal with in the here and now. He is in a stalled RV with a walker herd closing in and his hand is badly injured, impairing his ability to defend himself and escape. 

• Love 2

The producers have always said that they need to kill main characters to advance the storyline. That's why I don't think that Glenn is dead. His death would do nothing to advance the storyline, other than show that zombies are really dangerous and that Nicholas is an asshole.

His death is attributed to giving someone another chance. Or several more chances. It is a nice juxtaposition to the crisis of consciousness that Morgan is going to face. And Rick's "we don't take chances". Is there room in the post-ZA world for redemption?

• Love 2

I did ask this morning about Daryl's "free-ride" and I've seen a few theories but nothing definitive because this is TWD and the writers never put anything in stone, or make anything comprehensible. If it weren't for Rick (now) being trapped, I'd say that both he and Daryl acted irresponsibly.  Except I wouldn't know because I never really knew what the master plan was.  But I do know, from last night, that they are to go 20 miles

. Now what the hell was Daryl up to? May be the same thing? But then changed his mind? But he heard gunshots on the walkie-talkie and somehow he knew/thought is was Rick

Daryl's job & actions confused the hell out of me, too. 

I get that he and Abe & Sasha were supposed to lead the herd at least 20 miles out from town before coming back. But why was Daryl on a bike needed for that? Was he supposed to be going ahead of them to act as a scout? Did they need a human scent out in the open for the walkers to follow? 

I missed a lot of dialog this episode but here's the sequence I recall and my take on it:

Shit hits the fan, Rick tells Glen & Michonne to run home as fast as they can, leave the Alexandrians if they have to. Via walkie-talkie he tells Daryl what's up but tells Daryl NOT to go home, stay with he mission to lead the walkers away. Daryl considers and decides F-this, I'm going "home" to help with whatever is happening there. Sasha gets pissed at him for deciding to go. (Why? See above. Why did they need him along with the car anyway?). He's on his way back to Alexandria when something makes him stop and raise Rick on the walkie-talkie, wherein he hears gunfire over it and no more Rick, thus realizing Rick is in trouble. So he turns around and goes ASAP to find Rick, his brother ya' know. But then we see him at the crossroads running back into Sasha & Abe in the car with the herd behind them, and it seems in the closing shots he had fallen back in place alongside them slowly leading the walkers again, rather than quickly telling them Rick was in trouble and he was off to find him.   

Did he mean to get back to Abe & Sasha and the herd or did he mean to go find/help/save Rick? Was it coincidence he ran into Abe & Sasha and the herd at the crossroads? Did that change his mind about what he wanted to do? Did he hear Rick trying to raise Glen on the walkie-talkie with no answer, then heard Rick and the gunshots, realized that Glen and Rick both might now be dead, and thus decided to carry out Rick's plan re relocating the herd because ..... ?    I'm Thoroughly confused.

And I know Daryl needing shampoo and a shower has been a running joke for a long time and I have always shrugged it off, but it's outt'a hand now. He's never looked as filthy and disgusting as he did in this episode. Yeah I get it, he's the gritty bad boy who doesn't give two F's about his looks or hygiene and it IS the apocolyspe,  but c'mon Show, there is such a thing as too much, get your male lead cleaned the hell up!

• Love 7

I know this is the zombie apocalypse and the world has gone to hell but sheesh.... can't we get a win every once in awhile?

Rick has turned into Shane 2.0. His kill or be killed attitude, lusting after a married woman, bossing around some other guy's kid, and lack of patience makes him just like Shane. I wonder if Rick realizes that? I hope that he finds his humanity again. Perhaps Glen's death will soften him a little.

• Love 8

Just saw the episode....very sad to lose Glenn, I believe that he is dead as well nobody is on top of him and there is just too many walkers for him to escape!...After reading the graphic comic this Glenn death is much more emotional to me then the comic....So sad right now....Damn you walking dead for making me cry AGAIN!

Doesn't really matter, they're all infected.

I believe it's only walker saliva that kills you - ala the fever and all that.

I know they are all infected but it's a matter of how quickly he gets sick. Didn't he stab the other walkers in the face and  the neck and they could have drooled into his wound. Even if he doesn't get sick from the virus, if he starts dying from some kind of sepsis if his would doesn't heal, he's gonna turn anyway, won't he?

He didn't get bit, but he might have gotten the blood from the walkers he killed mixed in with his blood :(. 

That's my take, too. If you're Rick, would you really take a chance and wait on possibly getting sick?  I think he's losing the hand.

• Love 1

In reply to the theory that Enid was marking a trail to lead the Wolves to Alexandria, isn't there another theory that the Wolves are the exiled Alexandrites (and therefore wouldn't need anyone to give them directions)? 

• Love 4

It is true that it would be unfitting for this show to have a main and much-loved character die alone or without sacrificing himself to save someone else. So maybe Glen is alive but has been bitten. He will be found and will still die heroically or at least not alone.

"Only if it was dead-walker guts, not human."

But since suicide guy just killed himself and when you die you become a zombie, wouldn't having his blood and guts spilled all over Glen protect him?

• Love 2

And if he is under Nicholas, I don't really see that being an effective safety net; those walkers would just keep eating as if it were a double-sized person.

Walker 1:  <burp>  Man, I can't eat another bite even though there is another delicious human hiding underneath this guy.

Walker 2:  Me neither.  Let's go walk some of this meal off. <shambles away>

Glenn:  Whew!  That was close.  Hey, Nick, thank you! 

That's more or less what I think, but I don't think it entirely makes sense. For one, Rick could have accomplished the same end by going up a tree, keeping quiet and waiting for the main herd to pass.

I think Rick was trying to cut off the walkers heading to Alexandria and draw them away with the RV.  He couldn't do that in a tree.

• Love 5

I liked the episode overall, but the timeline really annoyed me. Were those gunshots supposed to indicate the fight agains the Wolves, long after the horn was turned off? 

And there's no way Glenn would have escaped death in that situation. I don't think he's dead though.

• Love 1

Hey Everyone. I know we are in mourning and everything (why, WHY?), but just a reminder that discussions about the Talking Dead should actually go into the Talking Dead thread. There's been some light references to some things that occured on The Talking Dead, which shouldn't be discussed here in the Walking Dead episode thread. Thanks!

• Love 2

I don't think Enid is a Wolf either. The wolves don't really strike me as long term planners. They seem to just be want, take, chop.  Enid's been with the AZHats for 8 months. Why would they take that long to attack? It's not like Alexandria was that well protected, I also doubt they were really watching the entire perimeter all the time. Anyone can see how easily it would be to just hop over the fence. 

I think Enid knows just like Team Rick that the Alexandrian's are too stupid and weak to live, the town will fall either to walkers or to another stronger group. 

• Love 5

In reply to the theory that Enid was marking a trail to lead the Wolves to Alexandria, isn't there another theory that the Wolves are the exiled Alexandrites (and therefore wouldn't need anyone to give them directions)? 

If the Wolves are exiled Alexandrites, that would explain the level of overkill.   

If Carol was able to use Axel as a shield to stop bullets (as if), we can fanwank that the walkers eat Nicholas, and leave Glenn who either rolls under the dumpster, or is miraculously uneaten because of some distraction, or because....whatever.

I really hate how they apparently know that they can disguise themselves by wearing walker entrails,   yet seem to have conveniently forgotten.   Why would you not wear walker guts every day?     Can't stink anymore than Daryl. 

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 10

I've seen that one as well, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't remember the details, but I got the impression that that exiled group was just a few people. Two or three. Now, in a few months, they're this roving band of dozens of psychopaths? Who not only got revenge on ASZ, but also demolished Noah's former subdivision and have elaborate semi-truck walker traps set up....for....? 

Plus, they seemed to come to the decision to go to ASZ right after finding Aaron's backpack. If they were the exiled group, they wouldn't have needed that. 

I think Enid knows just like Team Rick that the Alexandrian's are too stupid and weak to live, the town will fall either to walkers or to another stronger group.

That. And I think she's doing that whole, "I can't be close to people, because they'll die" thing. She's starting to develop feelings for Carl, so it's time to move on. 

I really hate how they apparently know that they can disguise themselves by wearing walker entrails,   yet seem to have conveniently forgotten.   Why would you not wear walker guts every day?     Can't stink anymore than Daryl.

Or, in lieu of actually slathering themselves in guts, why not at least try to concoct some type of perfume/scented oil/spray that carries that scent? They've done this in certain zombie books I've read, and it doesn't seem too far fetched, IMO. There's a job for ol Eugene!

• Love 7

And I know Daryl needing shampoo and a shower has been a running joke for a long time and I have always shrugged it off, but it's outt'a hand now. He's never looked as filthy and disgusting as he did in this episode. Yeah I get it, he's the gritty bad boy who doesn't give two F's about his looks or hygiene and it IS the apocolyspe,  but c'mon Show, there is such a thing as too much, get your male lead cleaned the hell up!

If TPTB think Daryl in a shower is too out of character, just have him fall in a creek for God's sake.

I don't think this has been mentioned, but at the end when Michonne, Heath and Scott (?) walk through the fence and past a burned building, isn't that the burned feed store?  If so, they may be close enough to divert the walkers from Glenn and save him.  Of course it depends on a lot of fan wanking, like they'd have to hear him calling for help or something, but it could happen...

Just saw the episode....very sad to lose Glenn, I believe that he is dead as well nobody is on top of him and there is just too many walkers for him to escape!...After reading the graphic comic this Glenn death is much more emotional to me then the comic....So sad right now....Damn you walking dead for making me cry AGAIN!

Rick is not screwing his best friends wife and he's not terrorizing people. He's trying to save people and not just looking out for himself big difference.

• Love 6

Or, in lieu of actually slathering themselves in guts, why not at least try to concoct some type of perfume/scented oil/spray that carries that scent? They've done this in certain zombie books I've read, and it doesn't seem too far fetched, IMO. There's a job for ol Eugene!

At least pull a Michonne and make a pet or two when you go out on runs. It boggles my mind that they have ways to minimize the walker threat and don't use them.

• Love 7

If TPTB think Daryl in a shower is too out of character, just have him fall in a creek for God's sake.

I don't think this has been mentioned, but at the end when Michonne, Heath and Scott (?) walk through the fence and past a burned building, isn't that the burned feed store? If so, they may be close enough to divert the walkers from Glenn and save him. Of course it depends on a lot of fan wanking, like they'd have to hear him calling for help or something, but it could happen...

The burned buildings are the ones just outside of Alexandria.

• Love 2

I would much prefer it if Michonne and Carol tackled him as he was leaving out the back door, and then hosed him down and burned all of his clothes. 

• Love 8

When Glenn is falling, he is almost spooning Nick. When we see him land, it is only from the shoulders up, not his entire body.

Burning the walkers doesn't kill them. It only makes them crispy walkers. Remember the ones from the "Look at the flowers" episode? Therefore, building a fire to get rid of them wouldn't work.

• Love 2

I love how y'all are like, "I love Heath! He had potential!" And I'm over here like, "Who's Hea- OH! Magnitude! Pop POP!"

Oh my God, I swear for a minute I was like "THAT'S THE SAME DUDE?!?!"...then I remembered Magnitude's face and realized it was a joke.

I also wound up googling the actor to remember his name -Corey Hawkins, now I know- , and boy oh boy, without the crappy wig he's freakin' gorgeous. Wow.

• Love 4

"Only if it was dead-walker guts, not human."

But since suicide guy just killed himself and when you die you become a zombie, wouldn't having his blood and guts spilled all over Glen protect him?

One of the very few perks of shooting yourself in the head is that you don't come back as a zombie because it damages/destroys the brain.  As such, Nicholas hadn't turned when he sprayed all over Glenn.  Glenn's soaked in human blood, which probably only makes him all the more appetizing.

• Love 11

Glenn is under the dumpster. Glenn is under the dumpster. Glenn is under the dumpster.

This will be my mantra until we know for sure otherwise.

:sniff:

ETA: almost forgot the one thing that made me crazy. They are in the pet store, with two dead walkers when the horde starts to come towards them. Why the hell don't they all just cover themselves with walker guts to disguise themselves? Michonne knows that will work!

Edited by PunkyMouse
  • Love 5

Oh my God, I swear for a minute I was like "THAT'S THE SAME DUDE?!?!"...then I remembered Magnitude's face and realized it was a joke.

I also wound up googling the actor to remember his name -Corey Hawkins, now I know- , and boy oh boy, without the crappy wig he's freakin' gorgeous. Wow.

It's totally a joke. ;) I haven't committed the ASZ character's names who were introduced this season to memory yet.

Except Dr. Denise. (Because I love the actress.) Nurse no more!

• Love 2

Just watched and sorry if I'm repeating but after 3 pages of comments I just can't wait any longer to post! Gotta get it off my chest!

And obviously the biggest thing is Glen, and I'm only now processing so please excuse bullet point thinking:

1) Agree with many that it's probably a fake-out:

-the way it was shot

-(for those who watch Talking Dead) the coyness of no In Memorium and the cagey producer's letter

2) If so it's the best fake-out they've ever done, thanks to all the portents of imminent death:

-conversation w/ Maggie where he gave Words of Wisdom, told her to stay strong, and heavily implied that she's pregnant

-recall of his days as pizza delivery guy

-parallels of Bitten Guy's story, underscored by Glenn's "I've got a wife too"

-the pocket watch, which I initially saw as a red herring, until

-"We all have jobs to do". Chills down my spine.

-Calling Rick a dumbass over the walkie-talkie. That's when I almost turned off the tv, because if I don't watch it maybe it doesn't happen! Right?

No other fake-out has ever been so built up.

3) That leads me to believe it's actually, ultimately, a double fake-out.

My predictions:

-we won't see Glen for several episodes a la Beth

-Maggie will hold out hope until evidence is found (probably the watch) that indicates his death

-she will grieve, reveal her pregnancy, consider giving up, but ultimately soldier on because that's what Glen would have wanted

-we will eventually see Glen escaping his seemingly inescapable predicament and heroically making his way back to Maggie through numerous obstacles (and perhaps encountering Enid and/or the Wolves?)

-they will finally reunite and all will be well

-until Something Bad Happens and Glen sacrifices himself for wife and unborn child and dies for real by the end of the season.

I hope it isn't so.

Edited by klarsonovsky
  • Love 3

This is an example of the writer's having the characters do stupid things to up the drama.  Glenn would've gotten on the roof.  Michonne and Glenn would've stashed  the injured people in a safe place.  LIKE ON A ROOF. And then went to get a car/help. 

The whole situation was out of character.  They've survived this long by not being idiots (except when the plot calls for it).  So don't make it an idiot plot just to up the drama. 

The obvious fire escape was so annoying.  So very annoying.

Really, this plan is dumb as fuck and that's Rick. They had to do it on the fly but there were ways to neutralize this threat while they were still in the pit. So, if Morgan is a idiot, Rick is the king of them.

Maybe parking another big rig to buttress the previous big rigs or one of those tractors from the tractor shop and then setting a continuous fire of some sort that would burn the pit zombies and hopefully attract other pit zombies.

I absolutely told my kid about 5 minutes before Glen's death that he was my deal breaker on this show.  She had been spoiled and did a good poker face.  LOL

It is true that it would be unfitting for this show to have a main and much-loved character die alone or without sacrificing himself to save someone else. So maybe Glen is alive but has been bitten. He will be found and will still die heroically or at least not alone.

IF he's still alive, I think they'll string us out a bit, get us wound up in other plot points, then have him suddenly show up, i.e., come staggering in like Daryl when Andrea mistakenly shot him for a walker--maybe a last-second, hail mary, out-of-nowhere salvation of another character by a haggard, near-dead Glenn.

But I'm still afraid he's dead, and I'm not taking off this black armband until I learn otherwise. :(

• Love 2

Wasn't Daryl supposed to help round up walkers who wander from the main herd? He has more maneuverability than Sasha and Abraham in that car. Also what are Sasha and A supposed to do when they hit 20 miles? How do they get away without the herd continuing to follow them? Maybe Darly is integral to that part of the plan and that is why they were freaking when he took off. All I can think of.

Was I the only one very weakly saying "Glenn? Glenn?" Through that whole scene? It's all my brain could muster. He's totally not dead you guys. Nope. Nope.

• Love 2

As they ran down the alley the camera panned past a fire escape. "Oh," I thought to myself, "they'll run right up those stairs and everything will be fine." Silly me, I forgot the level of bad, lazy, stupid, inconsistent writing we're still dealing with AFTER SIX SEASONS.

I missed this earlier. I thought the same thing about the stairs, and there had to be buildings with two storeys to them. I had been spoiled on instagram, but I thought it was someone just messing with people's heads, because someone else said that only two characters were now left from the first season, and that wasn't the case. So I was sure they'd run up some stairs, get the injured people to a safe location, and themselves, or go away and come back with help (or a car). 

• Love 1