Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Restoration

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Ooooh, so there's actually a possibility that Andy is alive and working for H.I.V.E. OMG no one stays dead on this show. It's getting ridiculous. I'm seeing a shark that's circling just waiting to get jumped at some point.

Honestly, I can't imagine who else it would be other than Andy. He's been mentioned a LOT so far, and why would any 'ghosts' hesitate to kill Diggle? Clearly he knows who Diggle is, even with the mask, and unless it's someone like Carly, the only possible explanation is it being Andy. Plus, Eugene Byrd is a semi-famous actor (he's at least in steady enough work), enough for him to be more than just a guest star for flashbacks. 

• Love 1

I really liked this episode. So, Nyssa is imprisoned instead of being killed. This was a good way to explain her absence while Katrina Law is busy with her other commitments.I really want Malcom dead and maybe it will be Nyssa who does it, at least she destroyed his pet pit which really wiped out the smug look on Malcom's face. I loved it.

Sara's gone crazy as expected and apparently Laurel takes her to Star City in that state. Not a good move. She will most probably free herself and kill a bunch of poor Star City citizens. Also Caity Lotz looked hot as hell, the crazy look really suits her.

• Love 3

I don't think Malcolm was thinking about Sara's well being, for him it was Sara's a highly trained killer lets not let her kill me because she's now an insane highly trained killer. That also looks strangely hot. 

tumblr_nwlmmvpFir1u4cfmfo1_500.gif

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Alright I have a different opinion on Diggle and Oliver. Is everything resolved now because Oliver used his Arrow voice when he said Digg wasn't giving him a chance? Heh. Ask nicely Oliver.

The Nanda Parbat scenes between Thea and Malcolm were fantastic. Malcolm continues to be the scum of...everything. Willa Holland is just slaying this season. One other thing, Laurel continues to feel like surplus to the plot. She just ran away from ragey Sara to see what the issue was with the pit. Stay with her LAUREL. But other than that she was entertaining.

Felicity's story this season continues to be exactly what I wanted last season. Her arc is about HER and not Curtis. It makes me so emotional because Felicity is killing at everything!!!!!! And she's acknowledged as helping the city. Someooooooone. The way she sprayed bullets was my favourite part of the show. EVERYWHERE!!! So hilarious. And why did we not see OTA having drinks after Dodger?? I have been robbed!!

I really enjoyed the stunt sequence with Oliver fighting Double Down. It felt good to see him fighting alone ;)

Just before anyone thinks I was unhappy entirely with the way Digg and Oliver were resolved I LOVE that Oliver said Digg isn't alone anymore. Mature story telling people!!! Exactly what I craved from this and it has saved Digg's storyline for me. I'm right back in it. Hmm could Andy still be alive? Dude hesitated with killing Digg.

When Felicity's phone was acting up and she didn't fix it I was blatantly like WHAAAA?! Come on, she would be on that. I thought it was her daddy but as usual, if it is indeed mini Ray, Felicity's anything must be put on hold because Ray's storyline has to be accommodated...too bitter?

Have to hand it to Caity Lotz, she was fantastic as crazy Sara.

This episode definitely set up a lot of storylines that I'm very interested in. During the show I kept think "I really want this season to be done so I can know what happens". And this year, unlike last, it's not because I needed it over but because I'm super interested and excited.

• Love 8

Poor Nyssa though. The only one who spoke any sense and then she just gets locked in a dungeon and no one helps her? Clearly they weren't friends then. 

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that we're not getting darker Oliver. I mean, I know he wasn't ever going to go DARK dark, but I wasn't expecting this guy. He seems just like present-day Oliver to me (and it's not just because the wig is gone)? Like, I've always been able to tell the difference between the two, but so far there really isn't any difference at all. 

They were just never going to go that dark with him.  He's a rising SUPERHERO on the CW.  He'll probably be kind of mean, yada yada, but I still don't think he'll, e.g., kill a good guy.  That's why I have issues with Blood Hands, bc sex trafficking is just about as dark as a human being can go, and I personally would never buy a former sex trafficker as a current superhero.  I'd always want a sex trafficker to burn in hell.

So this gif is how I feel about Laurel right now. I'm a pretty easy viewer. She is probably redeemable for me (though I know I'm the minority). But it's difficult for me to feel like the writers are even trying with her. Unless they are trying to make her detestable. In which case, it's working. REALLY working.

And I still WANT to like her character. Still. 3 seasons and some change. It's always one step forward, two steps back with her. Tonight may have been the nadir though.

Edited by WaitandHope

Honestly, I can't imagine who else it would be other than Andy. He's been mentioned a LOT so far, and why would any 'ghosts' hesitate to kill Diggle? Clearly he knows who Diggle is, even with the mask, and unless it's someone like Carly, the only possible explanation is it being Andy. Plus, Eugene Byrd is a semi-famous actor (he's at least in steady enough work), enough for him to be more than just a guest star for flashbacks. 

Was the Ghost pint-sized?  That would be a huge indicator it's Eugene Byrd.

• Love 2

If Nyssa had any friends in the LoA, they would have helped her stage a coup back when her father was forcing her to marry Oliver.  Or when Malcolm took over. Does the ring have that much power, that no one commented that one day month they were trying to kill him and then next he was the new Ra's?

But it does open the door to some good fanfic though.

ETA:

Was the Ghost pint-sized?  That would be a huge indicator it's Eugene Byrd.

It would have been a stunt man doing the scene though.

Edited by statsgirl

Diggle and Oliver working it out - I didn't mind Diggle's anger, but I'm really glad they have worked it out and are moving on to the HIVE plot together. One thing I noted - the guy who didn't kill Diggle in the beginning - I want to know why. Was that his brother? It was subtle but it HAS to mean something.

I liked the little things in this one - the guard pausing over Diggle (Andy? Lyla under cover? Lance under cover?), the hints at the HIVE power structure and nefarious "genesis" end game, Curtis' inventions, Double Dare first throwing a Queen at the Green Arrow...

But seriously, why did Malcolm agree to resurrect Sara- right after telling Thea that her bloodlust wouldn't be quenched until she killed the person who hurt her? Sara knows Thea killed her, and Malcolm knows that. Does he secretly have it out for her or what? That makes no sense.

Making no sense is Malcolm's default setting, I guess. Maybe he thought unleashing Sara would create a distraction from any Star City-based scheming he has planned? At any rate, I don't buy the "all for you, darling daughter" stuff. But his saying that Thea's bloodlust won't be sated until she ends the person who caused her harm was very interesting - ultimately that wasn't Ra's but Malcolm ..... Hmmmm.....too many flowers on that grave site for it to be him, though.
  • Love 5

They were just never going to go that dark with him.  He's a rising SUPERHERO on the CW.  He'll probably be kind of mean, yada yada, but I still don't think he'll, e.g., kill a good guy.  That's why I have issues with Blood Hands, bc sex trafficking is just about as dark as a human being can go, and I personally would never buy a former sex trafficker as a current superhero.  I'd always want a sex trafficker to burn in hell.

No, I didn't think he'd go very dark, but I thought it would be different than this? He's basically the same Oliver he is in present day. Honestly, there isn't a difference at all in him back then and right now. And I thought the whole reason he didn't want to go back to Starling was because he was dark and terrible and he tortured a guy to near death, and yet here he is, pretty far into his journey and he was trying to be a hero in Coast City, now he's doing heroic shit on that idiotic island. This isn't a dude on the way to becoming the Oliver we saw in the premiere at all. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

No, I didn't think he'd go very dark, but I thought it would be different than this? He's basically the same Oliver he is in present day. Honestly, there isn't a difference at all in him back then and right now. And I thought the whole reason he didn't want to go back to Starling was because he was dark and terrible and he tortured a guy to near death, and yet here he is, pretty far into his journey and he was trying to be a hero in Coast City, now he's doing heroic shit on that idiotic island. This isn't a dude on the way to becoming the Oliver we saw in the premiere at all. 

He'll probably go a bit darker while he's undercover.  But the S1 present day dude was really not all that bad.  Never killed a good guy who threatened his secret identity (e.g., Tommy or Quentin).  Was mostly just really pragmatic.  And super incredible hot.  I mean, Guggie really talked up how present-day S3 Oliver would be "wading in blood" by the end of the season.  He killed one no-name LOA guy and RAG, who was so richly deserving of death.  Plus a couple bad guys in the past.  Guggie's ridiculous, in other words.

I mean, Guggie really talked up how present-day S3 Oliver would be "wading in blood" by the end of the season.  He killed one no-name LOA guy and RAG, who was so richly deserving of death.  Plus a couple bad guys in the past.  Guggie's ridiculous, in other words.

Yeah, I suppose so. I just remembered them talking about Oliver getting lighter in the present while getting darker in the past. For the first time in the series, they seem like the same guy to me.

Yeah, I suppose so. I just remembered them talking about Oliver getting lighter in the present while getting darker in the past. For the first time in the series, they seem like the same guy to me.

He yelled at someone last episode.  YELLED.

Yeah, it's ridic, but I'm cool with it, bc I personally can't handle a superhero who legit did evil things in the past.

• Love 1
4. I may have been slightly turned on by flashback Oliver and the knife. I definitely am extremely ashamed about this.

13. And yay! More motorcycle stunts! I know on this forum, that's just me, but I still love the motorcycle stunts.

I stand with you in solidarity for my enjoyment of the motorcycle stunts, as well as for being ashamed by finding fbOQ torturing people hot.

• Love 3

The way Felicity glances back in this gif makes me think EBR wasn't expecting the back rub. I may be projecting from prolonged exposure to happiness about my TV show.

tumblr_nwllywsCrF1sxoekjo2_250.gif

I'm watching in real time right now, and how would Laurel know that Thea was exactly the same as feral Sara when she got out of the pit? What, she knows from all the stories she's heard....oh wait, no one told her a damn thing. Ugh, the stupid, it burns.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 18

Can we stop trying to pretend that Felicity was a part of the original team? That only works if you think Team Arrow began in s2. Which I doubt. 

Solid episode...didn't like that the only way to put Oliver and Diggle on good terms was to have him be just as shady/lying. 

Nyssa and Thea were aces. I hope that they don't skim over Thea's guilt/reconciliation with Sara. 

Also..that look in Thea's eyes when she killed that random league member was hot. 

How did double down find the secret lair again? 

Actually Felicity joined Oliver and Diggle in episode 1x14 so she has been there since Season 1 and not just Season 2. Just like Oliver revealed himself to Diggle he did so the same for Felicity as well. Plus since Oliver is the leader and he said himself that "it began with the 3 of us its time to get back to that" to Laurel I think in 1x21 (may have been another episode closer to the end of season 1 but Oliver said it) I'm pretty sure Felicity is indeed more OTA than any other characters on the show. Plus when the show itself recognizes it, broadcasts it, and sends a message for those watching that they're "Original Team Arrow"  and to get over it, let it go, and deal with it than any excuses or dismissals of Oliver, Diggle and Felicity being the "Original Team Arrow" becomes closed for any other interpretation IMO.

• Love 4

Oliver just flunked at everything school related didn't he? I wonder if we'll ever find out of he was good at SOMETHING at school.

Also, it was so adorable when Oliver asked Felicity if she still wishes she was a dental hygienist. I'm sorry these two are adorable. And a backrub.

Agh.

• Love 7

I gotta say it was a pretty good episode. Most people here have all mentioned the high points and the very few low points (basically just LL). I really enjoyed the OTA moments. I loved that Dig was mature and seemed to actually have a conversation with OQ. I was imagining his behavior to be far more juvenile from the last 2 episodes, but I was pleasantly surprised that was not the case. I also loved that OQ not only apologized but also verbalized what he didn't understand about Dig's inability to give him a chance. I thought that was good character growth, since OQ of previous seasons might have apologized, but would not have made the effort to verbalize stuff when the person rebuked his apologies.

Also loved the script this week. I feel that the writers were speaking a lot of what the audiences express about the BroTP tension & NP craziness. They did hit us over the head with OTA references. But the other lines felt just right in timing, placement & wording. The jokes were good, the delivery by most actors was great. It was a tight script. There is absolutely no logic behind what is going on with the LP rules/regulations/side effects, but at least the writing about it was clear.

• Love 4

Some people are speculating that it was a tiny Ray Palmer who helped take down Double Down and Felicity actually didn't shoot him at all. LMAO. That would be hilarious. 

For not wanting or being interested in the SL resurrection storyline, I will say that Nyssa was the MVP of this ep. Dropping some well needed & nicely worded truth bombs. Destroying the LP. Promising to come back for MM. She amplified every moment she was in.

OTA was a close second though because that A plot was amazing from beginning to end. Quality acting, Quality chemistry, Quality stunt work, Quality plot & script. It was awesome.

Honorable mention does go to WH who seems to be coming into her own in this new version of her character. Although am I the only one who notices that whenever she confronts someone she ends to point her toes and press into the ground.

• Love 6

This was the ep where SA bit his tongue, right? Cuz there were a few times he seemed to have some trouble with his jaw.

It is! There were a couple times when you can hear his lisp-- the scene in Digg's apartment and warehouse scene when he and Digg find the HIVE lady. Plus, SA told a story at DragonCon about how he tried to change some of his dialog so the lisp wasn't as obvious, but had to keep the "Could be a coincidence" line

• Love 1

This was the best episode so far for me.

Loved all the OTA we got and that they recognized them as that on the show and made the term canon.Felicity was amazing and I like her interactions with Curtis so far.It feels like its her storyline and she's not there to prop anyone.We didn't get big Olicity moments but I love all the little ones we got,they just work so well as a couple.

This episode just proves to me how much better this show is when the arrow cave isn't overcrowded and filled with people who only bring negative energy and dirty looks.

So glad they solved Oliver and Diggle's conflict instead of dragging it out and making Digg look bad.Its so much better that he's getting Oliver and Felicity's help in taking down HIVE.

Thea was also good this episode.I liked that there isn't a cure for her and she has to try to control herself.The whole bloodlust thing can be interesting.Malcolm is finally being the twisted father that he is and I didn't feel like they tried to sell him as anything but sick and bad for Thea.

Laurel is just awful,there are no words to desribe how much I hate that character at this point.They made it even worse then last episode and now I think they're doing this on purpose for some reason.She had everyone tell her what will happen,even Thea came in and tried to get her to leave.She was also so creepy all episode,she's just not behaving in a normal way.KC is a horrible actress,she's somehow worse then ever this season.

I liked how little of Laurel there was.For what's supposed to be her storyline,it felt like Thea got more screentime and focus in NP and OTA was the A storyline.

I'm so glad Nyssa is alive,I thought they would kill her.I want her to kill Malcolm and the fact thag she's alive makes me think she will someday.I felt so bad for her,unlike KC KL can actually make you feel how much she loves Sara.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 8

Still happy with how the episode left me- excited for the next episode! So different from last season.

Can they have Dig talk a bit more? He has a voice that just pleases my ear, not unlike Katrina Law and Mr. Barrowman. Does David Ramsey do audio books?

Damien Dahrk / NM can talk a bit too.  Not that I really listen, as I am always mesmerized by those beautiful eyes of his.

Not a big fan of what the previews were promising, re: Quentin Lance, but that falls under Dammit, Laurel!!  :sigh:

• Love 2

Laurel's despicable, she doesn't care about Sara or anyone else. She just wants Sara back at all costs for herself and her own selfish motives. Nyssa was awesome blaming her for what happens now. I hope the lack of a Lazurus Pit means nothing for Malcolm but it means Laurel dies and they're not saving her.

Loved the 3 original Team Arrow members together through out the episode together. That's how it should be, also enjoyed Malcolm and Thea sparring. 

Wait, just one stinking rotten retcon minute here. 

Did they really put the line into Laurel's mouth about Thea: "The same thing happened to Thea when she came out of pit" .

OH JFC. No no no no no.  Laurel did not know that.  Even when Oliver told her what happened a whole 2 days ago, he never told her that Thea was feral. That she was out of her mind.

I just.../head desk head desk head desk

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 10

Nyssa!!!  Automatically makes it one of the best episodes of the series!  OK, that is obviously somewhat of an exaggeration, but Nyssa makes everything better.  As great as she is here, part of me still thinks that in a just world, Katrina Law should be headlining her own show, and not just recurring on one.  But, whatever: she's back, and awesome.  Not mincing words with Laurel, telling everyone how stupid they are, and then being proven right.  Could I ask for anything more?  Why, yes: she destroys the Lazarus Pit, therefore boning over Malcolm (ha!), and preventing anyone from being this stupid again.  Thanks, Nyssa!  Even if you're getting jailed for it. Worth it!

I find myself saying this way too many times, but Laurel just leaves me speechless.  Despite the fact that Nyssa says this was a bad idea and she would want Sara back as much as Laurel does, Laurel goes through with it.  Despite the fact that Malcolm thinks it's bad too and pretty much relents only because he wants to "prove himself" to Thea, Laurel goes through with it.  And, finally, despite the fact that not only does she know what Thea has gone through (and she was only somewhat dead), and that even Thea is hesitant about it, Laurel goes through with it.  What an idiot.  A big, stupid, selfish idiot.  But I'm at least enjoying it.  Now, had Nyssa died because of her stupidity, oh, that would be so different.  Laurel would have then become the biggest villain of all time.

All that said, I'm glad that Sara is back (well, sort of), and Caity Lotz still is all kinds of awesome and badass (plus, hot!)  I'm sure they'll cure her somehow, but I looking forward to Crazy Sara.  I just hope she has a brief moment of sanity, and says something like "What have you done to me?!!" to Laurel, to really dig the knife in even deeper.  Of course, that would all depend on Laurel's reaction, because if it was anything like tonight, Katie Cassidy apparently has given up on emoting.  I do think she's trying to go for stoic or something, because it really comes off bland.  When Nyssa said whatever happens will be on her, it should have been a huge final moment, but instead, Laurel looked like she was going "Error!  Can't not compute!  Please rephrase the question!"  Or maybe she was just buffering...

The A-story was pretty much a love letter for Original Team Arrow (the OG!), and I loved every minute of it.  Even though I've enjoyed the various iterations (Roy, Sara, Thea, even Laurel once or twice), there is something special about it just being Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity.  Those three have been through so much together, and just have a bond I don't see ever breaking, no matter what problems arise.  But I love that Ollie and Diggle have finally worked things out, and Felicity was pretty instrumental in it.  Her chewing them both out was just great.  They both needed it, because they are just stubborn in their own ways.  Their scene at the diner was a perfect way to end it for the OGs!

Continue to love Curtis, and him now knowing that Felicity is helping the "Green Arrow."  Although finding out that his last name is Holt, is now making me wish he is distant nephew of Captain Raymond Holt from Brooklyn Nine-Nine.  I can only imagine what a crossover between those two shows would look like...

I'm still loving Neal McDonough, but I'm really starting to question Damien Darhk's methods of punishment.  This isn't a healthy way to run a business, Damien.  Have you even considered verbal warnings, revoking privileges, or write-ups?  Just going straight to "terminating" employees?  Worst boss ever!

Only thing I really wasn't wild about in this episode were the flashbacks, even if they introduced a character played by Ryan Robbins.  It was only a matter of time before he popped up here, according to Canadian Actor law.  We already got Roger Cross way back in season one, so I guess this means Ian Tracey needs to get his ass over here soon, so the set can be complete (who am I kidding?  There are way more recognizable faces out there.  Canada is full of them!)

If I haven't said it enough, have I mentioned that Nyssa/Katrina Law is the best?  Better be safe and just add it anyway!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 12
Did they really put the line into Laurel's mouth about Thea: "The same thing happened to Thea when she came out of pit" .

Yes, they did and it annoyed me to no end but, I'm not surprised.

I forgot about the guy who didn't shoot Diggle.  I wonder if that it supposed to be Andy?  I wonder if Andy died and DD is using his magic/mojo to bring people back and keep them as slaves?  There has to be something to the whole Ghosts missing half of their genetic markers.

• Love 4

That was pretty good! I'd probably give it a 8/10.

The major things I had issues with:

1) the flashbacks. So far I'm even more bored with them than last year. Not good. And to whoever said flashback!Oliver now seems just like current!Oliver - completely agree.

2) the metahuman. I love JR Bourne, but the whole peeling cards off his skin thing was just too too weird for me.

3) Laurel. Oh Laurel. I never dislike her more than when she gets on her obnoxious high horse, and marching in with her nose in the air and practically ordering Malcolm to bring Sara back? Wow. And I notice not one word came out of her mouth about helping Thea. Malcolm had to bring that up with Thea himself (super creepy dad that he is). And I don't have a high regard for KC's acting at the best of times, but she was really really bad in this episode. Talk about expressionless. Willa Holland acted circles around her, as did Katrina Law.

Best thing: Sara's back!

2nd best thing: Nyssa lives! and destroyed the Pit! I look forward to seeing her eventually get the best of Malcolm.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

You know why I love Oliver Queen? Because he doesn't pile on his friends with "I told you so" and bitterness, even though they did exactly that to him. Because he's aware of his screws-up and truly regrets his mistakes, so he doesn't reproach his friends with theirs. With episodes like this, I see why Oliver Queen gets awesome people like Diggle or Felicity to join his crusade in the first place.

There were more obvious Hell Yeah moments in this episode, and Nyssa and Felicity were (sooooooo!) awesome, but Oliver was the silent MVP for me.

Now, fangirling.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

OTA (canon! Yeah, they piled up on it but obviously, it wasn't even enough) was just.so.awesome. I was beaming whenever the three of them were onscreen. Writers: I got your message. Now, please don't make it a simple lampshading and deliver OTA from now on. I want as much, every episode. I know I'm greedy, but after S3 I'm starving.

O/D, HellYeaaah! The writers wiggled themselves out of the mess they imo made, gliding on Diggle's small case of hypocrisy. I lurve him, but I have to admit that keeping a secret for two years while reproaching Oliver with keeping secrets was hypocritical. I'm not talking about being mad at Oliver for breaking his trust with the NP S3 nonsense, there I get his POV.

O/F is so not the pairing that ate the show and I'm so glad for it. They're together an integral part of the show, but blend into it seamlessly, imo, just as they do as part of OTA. They were here, but it wasn't about them as a couple; Oliver and Felicity had their own storylines and still exist as individual characters.

Felicity rules. So much. Gosh, Podlicity was just a bad dream.

Nyssa gets to be the voice of reason and isn't even dead? This, only, would make this episode a tiger winning one. And she's free of Laurel, woo-hoo!

I didn't like the "sister in law" callback to the most ridiculous plotline of S3 (imo), though.

Now, after letting know that Nyssa is detained elsewhere, would someone please blow Nanda Parbat up?

Although, Malcolm is pretty much back to S1 Malcolm for me. I feel that he's more palatable when the writers write him as this crazy villain who is convinced he does what's right although his actions are evil, than when they have everyone drop the idiot ball in order to redeem him and make him pass as an anti-villain. I don't think he's able to love as a "normal" father does, but I feel that he wants Thea's love and approval. Really twisted, indeed, but more interesting than trying to make Malcolm a devoted father in the general meaning of the word after he used her to kill Sara.

Poor Sara. I already said what I had to last week about his. CL looks great, and it's great to have her back.

The writers tried with Laurel, in this no win possible storyline they gave to her (imo). At least she mentioned her Dad's happiness, although it was too little, too late on a writing point. Again, it shouldn't have been an afterthought, it should have been her main motivation imo, if they wanted her to look selfless on some level. And at least she had a look of anticipation before Sara got out, and didn't look immediately disgusted -which I feared after the promo. Unfortunately, the acting was woefully lacking imo and it didn't manage to translate into emotion for me as a viewer. 

I believed until now that they had established links between Thea and Laurel since mid-S1. The end of last episode, and this one, destroyed those links for me. They were "also" supposed to go to NP in order to find what happened to Thea. I don't think that Laurel showed the least interest in her, and her well-being, except when Thea barged in her room in an obviously emotional state, and even then I don't know if it was because of Thea, or because they might have to leave before Laurel got what she wanted.Maybe it was a B story and they were short on screentime, but for me it was the biggest fail.

During the Nanba Parbat scenes, aside from shouting "Go Nyssa!", I kept on feeling so sorry and so angry for Thea, alone in this godforsaken place with her so-called father and her so-called friend who deep down, only thought of using her for their own ends. 

I hope that Oliver will rip Laurel a new one not only for Sara, but for using Thea and sending her back in the clutches of her psycho bio-dad.

For what Laurel did to Sara, I say it again, I understand the motivation. For what she did to Thea, there is imo no excuse whatsoever.

The flashbacks are slow. On a side note, I find it normal that Oliver starts to look like the one we met in the pilot, after three years out of the five he spent away. I kind of think it's the "new normal" for him, before another disaster strikes, like the Amazo at the beginning of S2.

The girl wouldn't happen to be Anatoly's daughter, would she?

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 10

I don't think Malcolm was thinking about Sara's well being, for him it was Sara's a highly trained killer lets not let her kill me because she's now an insane highly trained killer. That also looks strangely hot. 

Strangely hot?  There ain't nothing strange about it, she looks hot.

• Love 1

OH JFC. No no no no no.  Laurel did not know that.  Even when Oliver told her what happened a whole 2 days ago, he never told her that Thea was feral. That she was out of her mind.

Really how can you questions LL?!? She is able to look at TQ and see it in her bones how she reacted. That is pretty obvious at this point. She is probably blind to the realities around her because her ability to see things she wasn't present for it so strong. It really is a curse and we should feel bad for her, not judge her or accuse retcon. There is no retcon when it comes to LL, only revelation of the real truth. [Please read with my sarcastic tone :)]

That retcon was bullsh*t, LL was unaware a pit existed until last week and was not there for TQ's resurrection to know how she came out. Unless of course, LL believes it is very natural to have to chain people up for their own protection. Clearly that scene only proves that SL was not grateful enough and needed to be chained (enter sarcasm again).

• Love 3

So much to like about this episode :)

OTA! (although, yes, they were so obvious with the constant references that for a moment or two I felt like they were mocking us). I loved the scene were Felicity says Dig should be more evolved than Oliver, and every other scene with them. 

Nyssa!! I'm still campaigning for a switch, let her be a part of the team instead of Laurel. Loved the truth bombs, and also the sparring with Malcolm. "I'm not sparring". Hah!

Willa Holland is simply great, I find myself liking her more and more with each episode. She is able to sell the internal conflict Thea is facing, and makes me feel for her. Brava.

I'm intrigued with the whole HIVE thing. Where it'll go now that they seem to be out of leads to follow? Who are DD's associates? But count me in with those bored by the flashbacks (and I am one of maybe three people who enjoyed last year's fb, if not the whole story at least the bonds Oliver created with Maseo and Tatsu).

Malcolm saying that Laurel doesn't have the right to even ask for a cup of tea was glorious. The motivation for finally resurrecting Sara illogical as one can expect. But, welcome back, Sara!

It's surely peculiar that in a storyline involving someone resurrecting her own sister, every other interpretation is memorable except for said someone's . So flat, so forgettable,  Not even a moment of self-doubt? Can you even try and make me believe there is some part of this that's right?

Felicity's ponytail was weird as hell. At some point you could see clearly the real lenght. I say, they're shorter, let it loose and ditch the ponytail altogether, it'll never reach S2 greatness anyway. The rest of Felicity scenes though were awesome.

And YaY, the bromance is back!!

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3

Wendy Mericle co-wrote this, right? Combine this, the premiere, and what she's been saying in interviews and I'm really becoming a believer in her! It's still early but I like her influence, so far, in co-running the show that it doesn't feel like such a clusterfuck. Man, these past 3 episodes have been so refreshing and really feels like I got most of the old show back. I'm even feeling such excitement in anticipating the next episodes instead of the dread that Guggie inspired! Don't let me down, Wendy!

Ah, Nyssa. Yas, girl, yaaasss! Katrina Law, who has, probably, the best hair game of all the ladies of Arrow, is a gift to this show. Dropping truth bombs left and right then destroying the Pit. I hope you get your revenge on Malcolm soon, girl.

There was just so much to love about this episode. Original (Gangsta) Team Arrow was the best! I have missed them so, so much. Now that Diggle told Oliver and Felicity about H.I.V.E., I hope the show continues to showcase even just little moments between the OTA, even when Thea and Laurel return. Felicity and Curtis continue to be a pair I like seeing interact. And badass Felicity is awesome as always. Thea's storyline is getting really interesting--I'm all for it. Willa was great acting out that internal struggle she's been feeling. And Malcolm continues being the absolute worst father ever. Double Down (Martouf!!!) was a fantastic villain of the week--one that I hope will return some day. Also Darhk is certainly building himself up to be the best, most menacing villain this show has ever had.

I figured Darhk wasn't the top dog of H.I.V.E. and that he might answer to other people, too. Really freakin' curious who his partners are and what exactly Phase 3: Genesis is. Why is taking over Star(ling) City so important to their plans that the partners are getting super anxious about the vigilante problem? Is it because it really is actually on a Hellmouth?

I'm going to bet that the missing genetic markers and scrambled DNA (and, maybe, last week's jigsaw puzzle fingerprints of Anarky) are all connected to the hybrid drugs in the flashbacks. And those drugs combined with whatever mystic powers Darhk has been summoning is how he is controlling his Ghost army and making them do what he wants at all costs or choose death by cyanide. I mean, 'cause what else is the flashback useful for, at this point? It's been consistently used to introduce books, serums, viruses, and, now, drugs that point to how the big bad will take over Star(ling) City at the end of the season, anyway.

Martouf and Henry (Sanctuary) in the same episode!  Although who knew Henry could be so nasty and have a Southern accent while doing it.

Oh, yeah! That dude was in Sanctuary, too! I only recognized him from Continuum. So, we had Christopher Heyerdahl last year and now him, can we get Amanda Tapping next?

Also, it could've been how dark the show is shot or my tv but the H.I.V.E. dude that let Diggle go had a dark complexion. There was a little bit of skin peeking out from around his goggles and the eye hole in his face mask. It probably is Andy. But why was Andy so important that H.I.V.E. needed to assassinate him then bring him back to life as a Ghost?

ETA: Oh, hey, SARA! Welcome back to the DCTVverse! I've missed you. It's so nice to see you again, even if you probably stink so bad after being dead a year in the ground and all. I'm excited about you. How you were brought back, though, is something I don't ever want to talk about. Nothing nice to say about that at all.

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 4
I forgot about the guy who didn't shoot Diggle.  I wonder if that it supposed to be Andy?  I wonder if Andy died and DD is using his magic/mojo to bring people back and keep them as slaves?  There has to be something to the whole Ghosts missing half of their genetic markers.

I think the reason I'm pretty sure Andy will show up alive and working for DD is because his minions are called "Ghosts". These writers won't be able to resist the pull of the bad punning.

• Love 7

Original Team Arrow! <3 I thought the Oliver and Diggle conflict was pretty weak, so I'm glad they're already starting to resolve it. I was worried it was going to be dragged out for a while longer yet.

Felicity is equal parts adorable and badass. She and Curtis make for really fun scenes. I love them.

Gosh, J.R. Bourne is really good-looking.

Ugh, flashbacks. I really wish they'd give up on those. They are SO BORING. In present day, there's a dude throwing around playing cards he peels from his skin! There's a girl who's compelled to kill people because she was brought back to life in a magical hot tub! There's some other guy with a nefarious plan! There's Felicity and Diggle! And we have to keep leaving them for... some people growing drugs. Hooray...?

I have accepted that nothing Laurel does will ever make sense to me. Instead, I will take pleasure in things like Nyssa essentially telling her she's being a selfish idiot. (But seriously, why was Laurel outraged by Nyssa destroying the LP? Who else did she want to resurrect? Did she plan on starting up a side business digging up corpses and flying them to NP for a little face-lift?)

• Love 13

It looked like when Sara leap frogged out the pit, she looked straight into Nyssa's eyes, then turned to attack Thea.  Malcolm said the way to quench the blood lust is to kill the one that killed you. How exactly is this good for Thea? 

tumblr_nwlol9Ik7B1qb09mko9_r1_250.gif

• Love 5

If they're trying to sell that Laurel cares for Thea, it would've been nice to see Laurel start forward to protect Thea when Sara lunges for her. But Laurel stands where she is - behind Thea - until Sara's been restrained.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 3

As soon as I saw the new Green Arrow costume last week, the first thing I said to Mr. EB was that I hated the short sleeves because that just leaves bare unprotected skin. Cut to this week: Oliver with a card embedded in his bare skin.

You know shit has gone sideways when Malcolm is the one saying, "No, guys, this is a TERRIBLE idea." Too bad he then turned around and did it anyway because Thea was mad at him. Okay, sorry, I tricked you into killing two guys. Let's resurrect your friend after all. Do you love me now?

• Love 6

Because I do tend to tune out....Did Laurel mention helping Thea at all? IIRC, she just walked up to Malcolm and demanded he bring Sara back. 

I'm kind of surprised there was so little Laurel/Sara. I remember blurbs about the episode and in WM's preview she really talked it up. But it was all OTA and Thea/Malcolm with a side of Nyssa-Awesome-Sauce. 

They are half-assing the Laurel/Sara part. The previews really make it look like it will kick into gear next week, but I'm assuming Lance is going to do the heavy lifting.

• Love 2

OH JFC. No no no no no. Laurel did not know that. Even when Oliver told her what happened a whole 2 days ago, he never told her that Thea was feral. That she was out of her mind.

To me that was clearly Laurel trying to explain away why Sara was feral for so long. She knew or suspected that she messed up but she was trying to rationalize her worries away. I felt for Laurel this episode. She was just trying to bring back her sister after life ended tragically and violently. It's not like Sara slipped away peacefully or got to accept her fate.

• Love 2

To me that was clearly Laurel trying to explain away why Sara was feral for so long. She knew or suspected that she messed up but she was trying to rationalize her worries away. I felt for Laurel this episode. She was just trying to bring back her sister after life ended tragically and violently. It's not like Sara slipped away peacefully or got to accept her fate.

Eh, I get her wanting to have her sister back, but literally everyone who knew she was doing this told her it was a terrible idea. It's difficult to sympathize with her when everything she was warned about happened.

• Love 2

Did anyone else think that Sara came back to life quicker than Thea? I just think she should have bubbled and gurgled a while longer. Also, I'm probably wrong but didn't Thea faint after getting out? It just seems that after being dead for a year Sara came out stronger and more musclely than when she died and was ready ro fight.

It's one thing to want a loved one back, it's another to ignore everyone telling her it's a horrible idea, that she won't be the same, that it was a myth and no one knows what will happen and that she'll have an uncontrollable urge to kill people. Especially when the people telling her are an evil guy, Sara's lover and a woman that is going through the after effects right now. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

Did anyone else think that Sara came back to life quicker than Thea? I just think she should have bubbled and gurgled a while longer. Also, I'm probably wrong but didn't Thea faint after getting out? It just seems that after being dead for a year Sara came out stronger and more musclely than when she died and was ready ro fight.

No, I think she was injected with the same stuff Malcom gave Sara. And then Felicity stole some of it.

• Love 1