Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Restoration

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

That's true, and to my surprise I found myself feeling sorry for Laurel when she realized just how for in over her head she was.  On the other hand, just as with the files at CNRI, they did tell her not to do it.

When was that exactly? Not being sarcastic, I just really didn't read it that way. From what I've seen she's still powering on, fueled by her misplaced usual belief that she's always right.

• Love 3

when it would be so much easier and faster for them to do it in the first place?

Yeah for however much Slade's romantic revenge motif was decried I have to say at least it made sense for why he drew the whole thing out, his only object was make Oliver suffer. That's the one reason I'd like him to be related to Felicity, no matter how implausible from a narrative standpoint (Sara had a non decomposed body a year after being buried Implausible is the least of this shows worries). Green Arrow being your daughters boyfriend is a good reason not to kill him, even if you want to stop him from meddling in your plans.

So, I'm not really a die hard Original Team Arrow fan (like, I like them and I think their relationship is important, but I've also liked most of the additions to the team and what they've brought to the overall dynamic), but I really enjoyed seeing them in this episode.  

Laurel's reaction to her newly resurrected, non-verbal, basically feral little sister came across as very Stepford to me.  Like others have mentioned, I'm seriously concerned right now that she's having some sort of psychological break.  Her whole "dad's gonna be so happy to see you" while Sara was chained up and snarling at her was one of the most legitimately disturbing things I've seen in recent memory.  Also, the line about Thea being the same way at first seemed like it was ADR'd, so I wonder if it was an attempt to make Laurel seem less delusional.  If that was their aim, I don't think it worked.

On a side note, seeing Sara do her signature three point landing/hair flip combo was weirdly comforting.  I wonder if that's the spirit thing Laurel was talking about?  Or maybe she just knows to do that in her bones?  It's anybody's guess.

Unsurprisingly, Malcolm Merlyn continues to be the worst and I continue to be conflicted about who I most want to see kill him (Thea pulled ahead this week, but Sara and Nyssa are still both strong contenders).

• Love 8

As for this episode, I was wondering something about Double Down. I understand that he got his powers from the particle accelerator explosion, but how do you suppose he figured out he had that power to begin with? I mean, Barry ran, that's the kind of thing I can see someone doing accidentally, but did this guy suddenly realize he could peel off his tattoos and throw them? Was he picking at one and it came off?

That's what I assume. You're really not supposed to, but I have a tendency to pick at my tattoos or piercings about a week after I get them. The healing itches. :/

• Love 1

I just realized, it would have to be more than that. I can see "Man, my tattoos itch" turning into "Holy crap, it's real!" but how in the world did he then figure out he could throw the damn thing and kill people?

I just realized, it would have to be more than that. I can see "Man, my tattoos itch" turning into "Holy crap, it's real!" but how in the world did he then figure out he could throw the damn thing and kill people?

Weren't they razor sharp on the edges? It's not much of a leap from there.

Also, I loved Nyssa's badass moment of ruining the Pit, but it would've made more sense if she'd done it BEFORE Sara got dunked. She had plenty of time.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

To me, it wouldn't have changed anything if Malcolm had been the one that allowed it to happen without protest.  Laurel made the call. Laurel dug her body up and transported it to Nanda Parbat. Laurel ignored everyone's warnings. 

At this point, Laurel might be worse than Malcolm because we already know Malcolm is crazy but the show is trying to frame this as a good thing so far.  Holy shit, but no. 

• Love 1

I don't think it occurred to Nyssa that Malcolm would give in, then once she found out that he did, it was too late.

You'd think she would have done it anyway, since she was against the existence of the Pit and certainly would've been against Malcolm having access to it.

I don't think they're trying to frame what Laurel did as a good thing.They had Nyssa who was her only positive relationship at this point say this is all on her.Even Thea changed her mind and said she wasn't going to let it happen.I don't think we're supposed to side with Laurel over the rest of the characters.

They could have made it better if they had Laurel change her mind at the last minute but Malcolm already put Sara in the pit or something like that but they made her selfish and insane till the end.I don't believe this is an accident.They got so much right in the episode that its hard for me to believe they're trying to make Laurel be the one who is right but just not noticing how its coming across.

• Love 3

I don't think they're trying to frame what Laurel did as a good thing.They had Nyssa who was her only positive relationship at this point say this is all on her.Even Thea changed her mind and said she wasn't going to let it happen.I don't think we're supposed to side with Laurel over the rest of the characters.

They could have made it better if they had Laurel change her mind at the last minute but Malcolm already put Sara in the pit or something like that but they made her selfish and insane till the end.I don't believe this is an accident.They got so much right in the episode that its hard for me to believe they're trying to make Laurel be the one who is right but just not noticing how its coming across.

I hope you are right. Because then they can give her a frakking consequence for her actions. A really serious consequence. But I'm side-eying it pretty hard because whenever I've expected Laurel to get a comeuppance she never has. It will be a real refreshing surprise if they make her legit accountable unequivocally for her actions.

• Love 7

I wish I could believe that about Laurel, that this is all leading to some actual major consequences for her. But their track record where she's concerned does not give me much reason to hope.

ETA: and what catrox14 said.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

I'm thinking Laurel's only consequences was Nyssa not wanting to be her friend anymore. It's Sara that will be paying the long term consequences and everyone else will have to clean up the mess she made, then thank her for bringing Sara back. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

The story will probably end up with everyone else being wrong and Sara thanking Laurel for being the only one strong/brave/loving enough to save her.

That's because Laurel can see spirits and bones while everyone else is limited to just seeing skin and hair with their non-special-snowflake eyes.

• Love 8

From what I understand about meta humans from The Flash, you're about 50 times more likely to get powers if you were already a criminal beforehand (it's like physics or something), so he might have already been killing people with thrown objects and now he's realized that he can produce his own.

• Love 5

It would have been so easy to make her look good in this storyline,why chose the worst way and then just gloss over it.

I don't know. I mean if they'd had a bad guy do it in one of multiple ways suggested by smart, creative people on this board, then Laurel could have been horrified that her sister was being used; she could have been righteously angry at the guilty party and had it fuel her desire for justice; she should have built up a relationship with her sister that she'd never had before as she walked along Sara and fought to bring her back from the cray-cray. There could have been growth and development. But instead, I suspect there will be nothing that will teach Laurel any kind of lasting lesson. 

• Love 4

Laurel has a psycotic break would explain a lot.  I don't know how Quentin's heart won't explode when he hears this news.  Or have a complete psycotic break of his own (given that he's working with DD, that might have already happened).

Maybe they'll get a discount on the family trip & admission to a psych hospital. Bonus ~ they can finally all get the overdue therapy they need.

• Love 2

You'd think she would have done it anyway, since she was against the existence of the Pit and certainly would've been against Malcolm having access to it.

Well, doing it before would have just gotten her locked up, just as it did now. Even if she'd done it in secret, she'd have been Malcolm's first suspect if the pit suddenly was sabotaged. Harder to get the upper hand on him from a cell, so until he suddenly decided to let them dump Sara in the pit, she probably didn't consider it worth the risk.

• Love 1

So I rewatched the episode because I wanted to be wrong about LL being super creepy this episode. But I feel like it was worse the second time. She was super /super/ creepy. Maybe it's the blank face or the almost maniacal smile when she said "Dad's going to be so happy"... Or maybe it's how that smile turned into almost annoyance when Sara intended to attack her but couldn't because she was in chains...

Super creepy. And it'll be worse next week when she shows Sara family photos......

• Love 5
I didn't mind the lack of sleeves, because biceps.

Though if he's going to go out fighting again after being bandaged, Felicity should make sure that the wrap on the wound is black or dark green so it doesn't

betray him when he's lurking in the shadows. (Also the dark color will help hide any blood...)

• Love 1

Ooooh. I just read a theory that suggests the Ghosts are really just that - people who are technically already dead but kept alive by DD magic or whatever. Might explain why the tooth only had half the genetic markers.

That would be pretty cool but at the same time, are the writers clever enough for that kind of plot/idea now? LOL.

Well just like the guy not shooting Diggle has to mean something - I'm sure the missing DNA must mean something as well.  So the idea that the "ghosts" are really ghosts/clones makes a lot of sense.  It also explains the willingness to commit suicide rather than be interrogated AND DD's speed of killing them off. They are 100% expendable because he can "just go make more."  I'm positive that's why he is over emphasizing that his "magic isn't a parlor trick."  So when they reveal how his army is made, we will buy into it.  I also suspect that this means Diggle is going to "lose" his brother again this season.  Poor Diggle.

ETA: And just let me say that I'm kind of glad that I am able to believe that these little clues/moments actually have some meaning again and work into a bigger cohesive story - unlike last season where I was just throwing my hands up going WTF? on a regular basis ready to believe they weren't going to make any of this shit make any kind of sense ever - and they didn't.  Somebody seems to have fixed something in the writer room - it might not be perfect, but it's a TON better than last year.

I think the writers have been reading too much Harry Potter. If the ghosts turn out to be inferi, I will not be shocked. It makes so much sense. For 3 years we imitated Batman, maybe they're on a Harry Potter kick with all the magic this year. Both are great stories to steal from, but I do wonder if the writers are clever enough to do their homage justice. They kinda went off the skids in s3 with their Batman impression. If OQ starts rocking a scar, I will start to get concerned. I'm hoping no clones, because that story is just not that appealing to me.

Gotta agree I do like the little things meaning stuff again. The writing is tight. And I'm glad it seems to be alll working towards a cohesive story.

• Love 1

I think the reason I find the Daddy comment creepy is because she sounds like she is patting herself on the back. No thought to what it means for Sara or Thea or NYSSA.

ITA - it was a combination of "Look what I did!" and "Maybe daddy won't be so mad at me anymore. When you combine that with Malcolm relenting because Thea was mad at him, it's really sad that Sara is being used as a pawn for everyone else to work out their daddy issues.
  • Love 5
I think I'm the only one growing tired of Damien and his Bond Villian speeches and parlor tricks? Especially when he's obviously more capable than any of his minions in getting it done. That's more of the DUMB this show is so fond of, and it feels like an obvious stall.

You're not the only one. I still enjoy NMcDonough's performance and I think he's perfect in the role, but I think that there are a couple of issues. He begins to sound very much like a serious version of Dr.Mad, with incompetent henchmen every week.

I was ambivalent about him being so openly evil, and now I wonder if it isn't simply a question of timing. I do like that they didn't drag down the Big Bad reveal, but I wonder if it wasn't too early considering the other plotlines at hand. There's Sara's resurrection and its consequences, there's the LoT set-up with Ray  Phone Home and also, obviously, a lot of set-up for S3-B. So I think that the writers might delay Damian getting down to business and really hurting Team Arrow until those plots are solved/set up, while they try to establish him as a menacing presence; hence the incompetent henchmen.

I guess it could be interpreted as Damian underestimating Green Arrow, therefore not doing the job himself. It will depend on what happens in the following episodes, after all it's been only two with this pattern, but I hope that he'll intervene in another way in the narrative. Otherwise, it will get old fast for me.

I saw some mentions of Sarah's bloodlust being for Thea since she's the one who killed her...my mind took it two steps further and I can only pray this leads to the grave that was shown in the premiere.

How about both Thea and Sarah discover that their blood lust leads them straight to Malcolm Merlyn since he is really the reason both of them are in this position.  And they band together and smoke his ass.  

Great episode.  I loved the OTA stuff immensely and I really am beginning to love Curtis Holt.  What a great addition to the cast.   

Felicity is an adorable badass and I loved that half the time she was obviously aiming the machine gun high.  If she's not used to it there would definitely be some kick.  Not to mention her eyes were closed some of the time.  Just so much fun. 

And with Neal McDonough added to David Ramsey, et al., this cast really brings the pretty.  Me likey. 

Reading MG's tumblr responses about Laurel's actions: He apparently thinks Laurel is perfectly in the right. Grrrrrrr. Ok, NOW I'm angry. :(

theoriginaldramaqueen asked:

Get your butt on tumblr and answer to the pissed off Laurel fans. Its as if every season you find a way to piss us off! Why must bringing Sara back be at the expense of Laurel's character! Laurel put her sister to rest in canaries!

How is it at the expense of Laurel’s character? I think Laurel has been brave and courageous in order to bring her sister back to life.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/131726917974/get-your-butt-on-tumblr-and-answer-to-the-pissed

robinthesidekick asked:

Drama again at the expense of Laurel's character. She is never going to be written to be in the right is she?

She brought her sister back from the dead. I’m having a difficult time figuring out how she could possibly be MORE in the right.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/131726973289/drama-again-at-the-expense-of-laurels-character Edited by Starfish35
I saw some mentions of Sarah's bloodlust being for Thea since she's the one who killed her...my mind took it two steps further and I can only pray this leads to the grave that was shown in the premiere.

How about both Thea and Sarah discover that their blood lust leads them straight to Malcolm Merlyn since he is really the reason both of them are in this position.  And they band together and smoke his ass.

While I can easily buy Sara and Thea getting together and killing Malcolm, I don't know why Oliver would be at his grave and I certainly don't see Barry coming to his funeral.  

• Love 2

This just makes me believe that everything will be hunky dory after Constantine 'fixes' Sara -_-

Honestly, after htis, the team should never tell LL anything nor should they trust her. But we all know they will make LL in the right. 

NOOOOOOOOOoo

• Love 3

I just rewached the scene where Oliver wants to go to the robbery alone and Felicity tries to call Diggle. Hilariously, the contact picture on Digg's phone is of Felicity wearing the exact same pink shirt she has on when making the call. I like that the characters on this show re-wear outfits but that's a little too much lol.

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 6

I noticed that too--shirt, hair, everything identical. Come on, production staff, pull it together.

I ended up rewatching all three episodes today while I was recovering from a migraine, and I liked this one WAY better the second time around. (I think it felt off to me yesterday because I felt off.) Watching them in order helped with the issue of familiarity with the sets, etc. Oh also, it might have helped that I skipped the flashbacks and any Laurel scene that didn't involve Nyssa. :) Anyway, I'm much happier with it, and honestly, would be quite pleased if the rest of the season maintains this level of quality.

• Love 5

You know, I went into this episode ready to rage at LL. And more than I had already ranted & raged on this site. But as the episode unfolded, I realized on major thing - beyond the LL asking for a dip, she was not really a major factor in this episode at all. Yes, she set the wheels in motion, and everything will be on her as a result per Nyssa's accurate truth bomb. But then she was just kinda there. MM consented to the dipping because of TQ. TQ was wrapped up in her own story. Nyssa was slaying every convo/interaction she had. Not even sure Nyssa gave a passing thought to losing LL's friendship over her disapproving beliefs. SL leap frogged out of the pit and ignored LL. So after all the rage set-up the week before, I was totally expecting to hate LL, but I barely even noticed her. Which is a good thing for me.

• Love 5

This is silly but they should have more realistic photos of each other on their phone, like ones of them pulling faces or whatever. Oliver's picture of Felicity on his phone should be one from their road trip. Personal things like that. But at least they changed Felicity's photo. Wasn't it from 103 before, when she was in the pink shirt? Looked like a set photo. Haha.

Reading MG's tumblr responses about Laurel's actions: He apparently thinks Laurel is perfectly in the right. Grrrrrrr. Ok, NOW I'm angry. :(

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/131726917974/get-your-butt-on-tumblr-and-answer-to-the-pissed

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/131726973289/drama-again-at-the-expense-of-laurels-character

I don't understand those asks at all considering the only reason Laurel became BC was at the EXPENSE of Sara's character, you know, with her death and everything. EYE ROLL.

• Love 3

She brought her sister back from the dead. I’m having a difficult time figuring out how she could possibly be MORE in the right.

Maybe the shitload of characters on his show who told her she was wrong, with sound arguments, could give him a clue?

• Love 9

Maybe the shitload of characters on his show who told her she was wrong, with sound arguments, could give him a clue?

MG is a bit clueless when it comes to knowing the reception of his audience. Remember when he was shocked by how much everyone hated Laurel using Sara's voice in s3? He thought people would like that and pretty much everyone complained how gross it was. He just doesn't have much of a clue so it's no surprise he doesn't get it now. 

There's a real line between what they imagine, their intent for a scene and character, and then how it comes across on screen. Something always gets lost in translation, especially where Laurel is concerned. It's weird. I guess because they're writing for an imaginary character that only exists in their heads.

• Love 5

I just think MG's trolling. He can't very well say, "well, see, we needed Sara back for the next moneymaking show, and Laurel didn't have a storyline, did you not watch 401? She was just standing there narrative-less, for crying out loud! We needed to give her ANYTHING AT ALL, STAT, and Sara has always been used as a plot device to develop other characters, so two birds [heh heh], one narrative!"

But also, I truly feel for you guys here who 1. love Sara, and 2. were still holding out hope that they were actually doing something 'more' with Laurel.

• Love 11

MG is a bit clueless when it comes to knowing the reception of his audience. Remember when he was shocked by how much everyone hated Laurel using Sara's voice in s3? He thought people would like that and pretty much everyone complained how gross it was. He just doesn't have much of a clue so it's no surprise he doesn't get it now. 

There's a real line between what they imagine, their intent for a scene and character, and then how it comes across on screen. Something always gets lost in translation, especially where Laurel is concerned. It's weird. I guess because they're writing for an imaginary character that only exists in their heads.

It is weird, indeed, when relying on his comments, I think about the way I should have taken the episode.

Was I supposed to admire Laurel's tenacity when she refused to listen every piece of advice given to her by people who actually knew what they were talking about?

Was I supposed to think that Nyssa was wrong and that she wasn't the one who knew and loved Sara selflessly? Was I supposed to consider her unfair when she blamed Laurel for submitting Sara to that pain?

Was I supposed to take Thea's last-minute doubt as a show of weakness and admire Laurel's strength for not flinching, in comparison?

It just boggles my mind.

The writers know that Laurel is polarizing, and they have admitted that they misjudged the reaction to her storylines. Why do they go on trying to write her as Awesome, whereas they should start with writing her well? (YMMV)

• Love 7

It is weird, indeed, when relying on his comments, I think about the way I should have taken the episode.

Was I supposed to admire Laurel's tenacity when she refused to listen every piece of advice given to her by people who actually knew what they were talking about?

Was I supposed to think that Nyssa was wrong and that she wasn't the one who knew and loved Sara selflessly? Was I supposed to consider her unfair when she blamed Laurel for submitting Sara to that pain?

Was I supposed to take Thea's last-minute doubt as a show of weakness and admire Laurel's strength for not flinching, in comparison?

It just boggles my mind.

The writers know that Laurel is polarizing, and they have admitted that they misjudged the reaction to her storylines. Why do they go on trying to write her as Awesome, whereas they should start with writing her well? (YMMV)

I just don't know anymore. Most of me thinks MG actually believes what he's saying - that Laurel is right and courageous and whatever - but then another part of me thinks he's just saying that because what else can he say? It's not like he can say that Laurel messed up or that perhaps they didn't write this storyline the best way. That's like admitting defeat.

I think the only person who was right in this episode was Nyssa. So everything Nyssa said I take as what the audience should believe because yes, whatever happens to Sara is all on Laurel now. She set this ridiculous plan in motion and now that's on her. Granted, it will only be on her for two episodes and Sara will have to deal with the consequences for the rest of her life but whatever. Nothing new there.

• Love 7

Thanks for the link, Starfish35.

MG almost said "stunning and brave", which would have been a great troll (and points for selling it, but minus ten million for he actually believes it and doesn't know he's trolling), and anyone who doesn't get that is...listening to the other characters on the show who all made cogent points supported by the direct evidence of Thea's behavior.  I liked KC's acting choices, because I've lost relatives and I understand the temptation (and I was bounded by reality, which Laurel isn't), but denial and bargaining can be powerful), and death is painful and incredibly difficult, no question--but denial is NOT brave.   

Apparently Buffy the Vampire Slayer doesn't exist in the Arrowverse, because anyone who knew the show (or if it's a shared universe, the people) would know coming back from the dead badly can go badly, even zom-badly.

It's nice to see CL getting work, and she played psycho-Sara really well, but considering that there is a functional wormhole that their friends have in Star City, there was a way to make this work--but maybe no one on this show actually pays attention to The Flash, or maybe they wanted to shut down the Lazurus Pit anyway and figured this would neatly tie together some loose ends.  Instead, it was more like a bad combover.  

• Love 9

I think as someone else said they know Laurel's a lost cause, so they talk about how awesome and pure Laurel is for her defenders then show Laurel being an entitled selfish brat for her haters. That way they are covering both sides and that's the best they can hope for. 

They aren't getting rid her because comics. We are all stuck with her, we might as well enjoying hating her. 

• Love 2

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/131726973289/drama-again-at-the-expense-of-laurels-character

Ok he needs help.  When even Laurel fans are pissed because Laurel is being written so badly, you are doing something wrong.

• Love 5

Laurel's heroic storyline could so easily have been refusing to give up on Sara after one of the VILLAINS raised her using LP waters.  Have MM do it and you still get to Nyssa poisoning it.  So incredibly simple and Laurel's a hero with a big heart who actually would be saving her sister (from inhumanity).

• Love 12
Laurel's heroic storyline could so easily have been refusing to give up on Sara after one of the VILLAINS raised her using LP waters.  Have MM do it and you still get to Nyssa poisoning it.  So incredibly simple and Laurel's a hero with a big heart who actually would be saving her sister (from inhumanity).

I agree. I was going to say Laurel could fight her way into Nanda Parbat to try and stop Malcolm from bringing Sara back wrong, but then I realized the first couple of competent League members she ran into (there must be SOME, right?) would have taken her down. But there was a story line available for Laurel trying to do the right thing in an actually heroic and not ultimately selfish way, even if she failed, yet they chose one where even some of the Laurel supporters are having a hard time with it. That should tell them something, though history shows they will probably be confused by the anger and respond to it in entirely the wrong way.

Also I just want to point out, since we got clearer shots of it this time, Diggle's helmet still looks ridiculous. The retractable faceplate doesn't help. I get him wearing it for protection and all but unless DR really loves it surely they could have come up with something...better.

• Love 2

I just think MG's trolling. He can't very well say, "well, see, we needed Sara back for the next moneymaking show, and Laurel didn't have a storyline, did you not watch 401? She was just standing there narrative-less, for crying out loud! We needed to give her ANYTHING AT ALL, STAT, and Sara has always been used as a plot device to develop other characters, so two birds [heh heh], one narrative!"

But also, I truly feel for you guys here who 1. love Sara, and 2. were still holding out hope that they were actually doing something 'more' with Laurel.

I hope he's trolling. It just doesn't come across to me like a lot of his troll responses, but maybe he is.

I really wasn't hoping for anything more with Laurel...ok, well, maybe there was a tiny little bit of me that was, but it's like the tiny little bit that still can't quite stop hoping they'll eventually write KC off the show. You know it's futile but you can't quite help yourself. But yeah. I knew there really wouldn't be any major consequences for Laurel's behavior. And I already couldn't stand her, so it doesn't bother me on that angle.

I guess I just wasn't prepared to have her actions actually defended like that, as right and brave and courageous!!!!!! I mean, seriously?!? I guess that finally just tripped my rage switch, a week or so after everyone else. Lol. I guess it's because on the show I could put my own interpretation on Laurel's behavior, especially when every other character is telling her she's doing the wrong thing.

Oh well. It's just rather stunning their level of cluelessness about this character. I should be used to it by now, but it still manages to surprise me.

Also, thanks for ruining the "sister-in-law" line, MG. I thought that was funny. Now not so much. :(

• Love 7

Really, since the outcome in the end was Malcolm doing it, they could have had Thea going to Nanda Parbat for answers, then Malcolm offering her those men to kill, and then bringing back Sara as a peace offering. Just remove Laurel until Sara is already back.

As for the joke, poor man has no fault if some people don't have a sense of humour :/

• Love 2

I hope he's trolling. It just doesn't come across to me like a lot of his troll responses, but maybe he is.

I really wasn't hoping for anything more with Laurel...ok, well, maybe there was a tiny little bit of me that was, but it's like the tiny little bit that still can't quite stop hoping they'll eventually write KC off the show. You know it's futile but you can't quite help yourself. But yeah. I knew there really wouldn't be any major consequences for Laurel's behavior. And I already couldn't stand her, so it doesn't bother me on that angle.

I guess I just wasn't prepared to have her actions actually defended like that, as right and brave and courageous!!!!!! I mean, seriously?!? I guess that finally just tripped my rage switch, a week or so after everyone else. Lol. I guess it's because on the show I could put my own interpretation on Laurel's behavior, especially when every other character is telling her she's doing the wrong thing.

Oh well. It's just rather stunning their level of cluelessness about this character. I should be used to it by now, but it still manages to surprise me.

Also, thanks for ruining the "sister-in-law" line, MG. I thought that was funny. Now not so much. :(

Yea I was really hoping the fact that KC seems to be playing Laurel as creepy and every single character was saying this is a mistake and when Merlyn finally agreed it was for desperate, selfish, and wrong reasons - I thought maybe, just maybe, Laurel was being written this way on purpose.  Like she was heading for a meltdown and she would eventually come out of her delusion realizing she wanted Sara back because she couldn't deal with losing her again and she was wrong, but she was going to stand by her and be there for her - even though she had been wrong to bring her back to begin with. 

But MG's comments here do boggle me.  I mean, even the Laurel fans are pissed because they find her actions inexcusable and he's saying he doesn't get it?  What?

Really, since the outcome in the end was Malcolm doing it, they could have had Thea going to Nanda Parbat for answers, then Malcolm offering her those men to kill, and then bringing back Sara as a peace offering. Just remove Laurel until Sara is already back.

As for the joke, poor man has no fault if some people don't have a sense of humour :/

I really think Thea should have been shown having nightmares of killing Sara every episode since the pit so that when she begs Merlyn to bring Sara back it would have made sense.

• Love 3