Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Browncoat said:

I hate Salma Hayek's dress.

It's blindingly sparkling, and NOT in a good way. It's just no, just no. Tacky at it's worst which is surprising, she's usually so well put together. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm feeling very fancy tonight! I'm wearing an old, black, polyester $20 nightie. The label's worn off now, but I'm pretty sure at one time it said "Marilyn Monroe Collection." ?

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 5

Is Betty Gabriel the one everyone thinks is going to fall out of her dress? I'm guessing there's a lot of double-sided tape holding it on. I appreciate the daring neckline but I'm not sure I like the fabric or pattern. 

I have seen the butt bow. Who is that? Zac Posen? I love him but it's the kind of thing he would do.

I'm wearing an old cotton nightgown with so many holes in it it's more holes than fabric.  I think it used to be pink.  My fleece robe is a pale greenish blue with giant pink roses on it.  I'm also rocking black wool socks and Birkenstocks.  I'm one smokin' hot woman.  Ha!

I don't have cable and it's windy out so my over the air antenna keeps cutting out.  Frustrating!I

Rita Moreno rocks at 86!  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

It's blindingly sparkling, and NOT in a good way. It's just no, just no. Tacky at it's worst which is surprising, she's usually so well put together. 

Yes, what is that?

• Love 2
Just now, Petunia13 said:

Yes she just got there and is in silver? I think she and Sam Rockwell will win tonight and give some good speeches. 

You have Mary J winning over Allison Janney and Laurie Metcalf? That would be quite the upset but those do tend to happen in the Support Actress category. 

• Love 1
Just now, double-elvis said:

You have Mary J winning over Allison Janney and Laurie Metcalf? That would be quite the upset but those do tend to happen in the Support Actress category. 

I am team metcalf and have not even seen the movie heh

• Love 4

Yeah, you just keep pretending you eat Kinder-Joy Giuliana, nice try. 

2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Yes, what is that?

It looks like a chandelier fell on her and landed over her shoulders. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Neeners said:

She can still fit into a dress from over 50 years ago? Bitch!

Well, it was probably altered.  Still she looked great for 80!   Her arms and skin looked much younger. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Richard Jenkins will always have a place in my heart because of “The Visitor.”

Mary J Blige looks very pretty.  Love the way her dress flows.

I feel like Allison Williams, Elizabeth Moss, and Gina Rodriguez all wore variations of the same dress, but only Allison is pulling it off.

Wow, Tiffany Haddish went all out!  I think she looks good.

Edited by Amethyst
  • Love 2

I like Beanie Feldstein's dress. It's a basic cut but the detailing is cool and a little edgy in a goth princess Evanescence way. It's nice to see someone dressing a plus size woman in a way that's not very sexy (body con to show off the curves) or matronly. I know Melissa McCarthy is the one with the fashion line but I'm more impressed in how women like Aidy Bryant and Beanie Feldstein and Adele are dressing in bold patterns and colors and flouting conventional wisdom about what plus size women can wear. 

• Love 1