Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I can't deal with Allison Janney going on as if Tonya Harding is some sort of hard done by victim. She had a tough life we get it. Lots of people did and they didn't do what she did. It's ruined her well deserved inevitable win for me.

• Love 14

I don't like Allison J's hair - swooping into her one eye, and then scraped behind her ear on the other side.  If it were me, I'd be nervously pushing that one side out of my eye, and very self-conscious of what my one ear looked like. 

I’m wearing a black t-shirt that has all of Stephen King’s book titles written on it in the shape of his last name and grey fuzzy jammy pants with pink and white skulls all over them.

I’m actually not even watching any of it yet, we’re watching Titanic.  I don’t care if it’s lame, I love this movie and I love this song.  It actually makes me sad because James Horner is one of my favorites ever and the world lost great artistry when he died.

I’m going to watch the whole broadcast though when it starts at eight, even if I haven’t seen any of the nominated pictures (unless Fate of the Furious is nominated for something).

• Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Good for Eva Marie Saint (spelling?) showing up at age 93. Wow.

29 minutes ago, Neeners said:

I really like Roshumba's necklace.

Oh gosh! I'm tuning in late!

I looove Eva Marie Saint! From the Golden Age of Hollywood & aging soo gracefully--- a real beauty resisting the temptation of the scapel.

& Roshumba?!? The Supermodel?!? *squeee!*

I totally missed it. How'd they look?

What did they say about the food?

& what was said about the Ryan Seacreast allegations? (I'm #mettoo over here. I didn't say anything for years & when I did, I wasn't believed. Still hurts like hell, but all allegations aren't true. To me, RS showing up suggests he's standing by his truth.)

Anyway--- how are the dresses so far?

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 1
(edited)

Ashley Judd looks great.  Her dress looks more classic than basic.  Love the color.

Not loving Rita Moreno’s dress, even with the symbolism.  Looks like something is propping it up, a petticoat?

Who is the woman in yellow they keep focusing on?

Edited by Amethyst
  • Love 2
Just now, Amethyst said:

Ashley Judd looks great.  Her dress looks more classic than basic.  Love the color.

Not loving Rita Moreno’s dress, even with the symbolism.  Looks like something is propping it up, a petticoat?

Are you on E! or ABC?

(edited)

Ashley Judd is gorgeous. I wish she hadn't changed her face.

Some of these other dresses... I wonder how they are going to sit in them.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I'm not on any social media, but I occasionally check out Ashley Judd's instagram. Lot's of beautiful photos appreciating nature!

• Love 1

Kristin DoSantos is the wrong co host for e!red carpet. Not everyone is into the fashion but when your hosting the fashion segment I think you need to be able to make your way through discussing the fashion without barely being able to contain your eyerollinf. I get she has a lot of knowledge and feelings about the film industry but I feel like she thinks she's above what she's doing.

I don't mean basic in the slang way. I mean it's a basic design. A sweetheart neckline with a bell skirt in a solid color. If that's not basic, I don't know what is. 

Haven't seen "Get Out," but saw Bradley Whitford in "The Post."  He's with Ryan now and I can't get used to him with gray hair -- looks good, though.  This actress is beautiful and I like her dress.

1 minute ago, Neeners said:

It's interesting that there aren't any time's up pins (that I have seen, at least).

I didn't see any either, but I've been multi tasking. 

(edited)

Allison Williams is being interviewed on ABC.  I would love her dress if it was in a real color instead of dishwater and her hair is a bit too dark.

Woman in yellow is Eiza Gonzalez.  Still don’t know who she is or what she’s done, though.

Edit: Nvm, she’s from Baby Driver.

Edited by Amethyst
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Woh. I thought Peter Fonda had died a while ago, for some reason, but there he is talking about Palm Springs. 

Oh, he's very much alive and active on Twitter, at least. His tweets remind me of his sister back when she was in her activist days.

• Love 1

I'm watching on E! A channel I normally avoid because of that K family. Ryan seems extra thirsty tonight--- maybe he's just happy people are talking to him? Kelly Ripa & Mark Consuelos looked great! & there was a brief piece about the Times Up Movement.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Kristin DoSantos is the wrong co host for e!red carpet. Not everyone is into the fashion but when your hosting the fashion segment I think you need to be able to make your way through discussing the fashion without barely being able to contain your eyerollinf. I get she has a lot of knowledge and feelings about the film industry but I feel like she thinks she's above what she's doing.

Is she the woman in the spangly too-tight tiger dress?   

2 minutes ago, ABay said:

nm

And I just saw Rita Moreno...no...just, no. It's like she's wearing a tea cozy.

She's wearing the same dress from when she won in 1962. It think it's pretty cool :)

1 minute ago, Petunia13 said:

I want Get Out or Call me by Your Name to win.

I'm loving all the bright colors. 

I am all for Get Out. It's fantastic

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Thumper said:

Is she the woman in the spangly too-tight tiger dress?   

Yes that's her. Lots of great film knowledge but I'm here for the fashion, not someone who thinks she's above it.

• Love 1

Finally saw a picture of Rita Moreno's dress. I know she's short but that dress is doing her no favors. 

I'm undecided on Alison Janney. I like the red. It would not be my first choice of neckline but she manages to get a low V while also not widening the neckline so much that it gives her linebacker shoulders. I'm not 100% sold on the giant sleeves. And it does make me think of the Gwyneth cape but with the extra fabric in a different place.

• Love 2