Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Was the Nygma from Gotham in that clip from Carol?

If that clip is any indication of Joy as a whole, that had to be a tiring and obnoxious film.  So much yelling!

There's Charlotte Rampling all "Hey, guys!  Sorry about those ill-guided comments I made about diversity.  Just remember I was in the last season of Dexter, so I'm not always the best at making decisions!"

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4

Common and John Legend had the biggest WTF looks on their faces as they announced the winner.

You've got to imagine after that performance by Gaga and the moment with the survivors on stage, a lot of voters in this category had a very uncomfortable feeling knowing that they voted for the wrong song and hoped other voters made up for their mistake.  Alas, no.  Unbelievable.

• Love 11

Oookay...I haven't seen Joy, but apparently it's Jennifer Lawrence giving the same performance she did in American Hustle.

I think she can be very good in the right role. She was very good in Winter's Bone and the Hunger Games movies. Her recent issue is that she's David O Russell's muse and he keeps casting her in roles that she's 10 years too young to play both looks and experience wise. When she doesn't have the requisite life experience to draw on to help her performance, she goes shrill, shrieky, and over the top.

• Love 10

Our Nation's Long Nightmare is over.  Leonardo DiCaprio is finally an Oscar winner.  Now, he won't actually literally kill himself to get one.  It still would have been hilarious if the new Master of Comedy, Matt Damon (according to the Globes), somehow won.

Was that really Michael Fassbender's best clip from Steve Jobs?  I heard he was brilliant in it, and he was... good in that clip, but not mind-blowing like I kept hearing he was.

• Love 6

No hot model date for Leo?

The last relationship ended when the model of the moment got cast in the Baywatch movie.  Apparently, she wasn't classy enough to be Oscar arm candy.  Don't worry, he'll go back to dating models under the age of 25 now that he has his Oscar. 

• Love 1