Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Update and off topic:  we got our YouTube tv connection!  Something about opening up the app on a phone.🤷‍♀️  Many thanks to those of you who offered suggestions. ❤️

Edited by Thumper
  • Like 9
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Interesting approach to that song, but I thought it worked well enough.  Lady Gaga is quite talented to put it mildly!

This.  I'm not sure what I think of the song, but she's an amazing talent. 

• Like 8
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

Gaga said something about the song being really personal so I guess removing the makeup and dress is part of that?

She says this about every song. The song where she’s dressed as a meat slab was “personal”.

She’s a brilliant artist but Jesus I find her exhausting at the Oscar’s.

• Like 8

Wow, go Gaga! What a stripped down performance! I could’ve done without all the extreme close-ups but I found it refreshing and emotional from a woman who’s shown up to awards shows in giant bubbles and meat scraps. 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Gaga said something about the song being really personal so I guess removing the makeup and dress is part of that?

How long will it take her to put all the makeup and dress back on for the rest of the show? I always wonder when performers change when they are on stage after being all dressed up at the beginning.

• Like 4
Just now, KittyQ said:

How long will it take her to put all the makeup and dress back on for the rest of the show? I always wonder when performers change when they are on stage after being all dressed up at the beginning.

I can't help but wonder how the people who put her together when she left her house feel seeing her on stage right now.  I know, I know, she's Gaga, they don't care, but still...you spend all that time, take pride in your work, and then the moment she's center stage with the cameras up close....

• Like 2
1 minute ago, KittyQ said:

Their makeup and clothes people are good at putting it back on quickly so it won't be a problem. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

From Wesley Morris in the NYT - this is how I feel about the song:

With her makeup wiped off, Lady Gaga is now Glenn Close in the last shot of “Dangerous Liaisons.” And she’s benchpressing the blues out in this otherwise underwhelming song.

Edited by ebk57
names matter
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

A couple of years ago during the pandemic my boss and I gifted Charlie Mackesy’s book to several of our closest clients and advisors.  The book was not very well known at all at that point and everyone was so grateful — Charlie’s book is so kind and uplifting and softly encouraging.  I am thrilled to pieces that he was recognized tonight.  I even wrote him an email after I read the book and got the nicest email back.  This is a lovely moment to see.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hmm.....I am sensing there may be an upset at the end of this evening....

Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

We now know he's "basically a scrotum."

Everyone who saw his pre-Oscars interview: "we didn't need you to tell us that, Hugh."

• Like 3
  • LOL 5