Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

Watch, now the movie will win.

It better not. We watched it for nostalgia’s sake only. I want Everything Everywhere to win. I loved that one. I hated Banshees, but my husband and son loved it. I think it’s going to come down to those two for best picture. 

• Like 1
Just now, Eureka said:

It better not. We watched it for nostalgia’s sake only. I want Everything Everywhere to win. I loved that one. I hated Banshees, but my husband and son loved it. I think it’s going to come down to those two for best picture. 

I'm definitely rooting for EEAAO too.  I'm still torn about Banshees--there were parts I liked, and parts where I was like, "Oh for God's sake."

• Like 3

I like the non-flower side of Nicole Kidman's dress.

Just now, wallflower75 said:

I'm definitely rooting for EEAAO too.  I'm still torn about Banshees--there were parts I liked, and parts where I was like, "Oh for God's sake."

I loved both movies, but I'm rooting for EEAAO.

• Like 2
Just now, wallflower75 said:

I’ll clarify - the performances in Banshees were excellent. But I hated the whole cutting the fingers off and everything. The whole story was just too depressing for me.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I'm not a fan of Gaga's dress, but at least it's not meat.

I like it.  Who is she with — the guy with hair falling in his face?

Edit:  whoa; just caught the back of Gaga’s dress.  It really dips dowwwwwn!

Edited by Thumper
24 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Ashley Graham; she's probably the most well-known plus size model. That outfit is a disaster. 

Whoa. If she’s plus size, I guess I need to go shop at the tent store.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

Spoiler

The therapist in me wanted to get Brendan Gleeson into counseling ASAP, before he started cutting off fingers!!!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Same and I liked both films.  Banshees will likely take screenplay and the Daniels are favored for Director(s).

Edited by kittykat

A little late, but I finally watched Elvis today, so I've now seen 8 of the Best Picture nominees (only missed Women Talking Avatar: The Way of Water.) My rankings are 1. The Fabelmans 2. Everything Everywhere All At Once 3. The Banshees of Inisherin 4. Elvis 5. Top Gun: Maverick 6. Triangles of Sadness 7. All Quiet on the Western Front 8. Tar

It's probably the most enjoyable batch of BP nominees I've seen in a while. The only ones I didn't particularly enjoy were AQOTWF and Tar. Even though TF was my favorite, I know it doesn't have a shot at winning BP, and I'll be happy with an EEAAO win.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

A little late, but I finally watched Elvis today, so I've now seen 8 of the Best Picture nominees (only missed Women Talking Avatar: The Way of Water.) My rankings are 1. The Fabelmans 2. Everything Everywhere All At Once 3. The Banshees of Inisherin 4. Elvis 5. Top Gun: Maverick 6. Triangles of Sadness 7. All Quiet on the Western Front 8. Tar

It's probably the most enjoyable batch of BP nominees I've seen in a while. The only ones I didn't particularly enjoy were AQOTWF and Tar. Even though TF was my favorite, I know it doesn't have a shot at winning BP, and I'll be happy with an EEAAO win.

I wanted to like The Fablemans more than I did. I did like it and think Michelle Williams was excellent but it felt long to me.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Eureka said:

I wanted to like The Fablemans more than I did. I did like it and think Michelle Williams was excellent but it felt long to me.

I thought it was long too, but I felt that way about almost all of them. Like when I was trying to decide which movie to start with I wanted to start with EEAAO but at 2h20m, I wanted to go with something shorter, but each movie was just progressively longer. I loved TF and EEAAO, but with both with about 45 minutes to go, I looked at my watch and thought "Seriously, how can there be this much left!"

• Like 2