Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 3/12/2023 at 7:51 PM, MerBearHou said:

Tom and Nicole can avoid an awkward encounter if he’s not there.

Tom and Nicole have been divorced for longer than they were married at this point. They've attended many award shows since them. 

On 3/12/2023 at 7:53 PM, wallflower75 said:

I'm definitely rooting for EEAAO too.  I'm still torn about Banshees--there were parts I liked, and parts where I was like, "Oh for God's sake."

The bolded is how I felt about Everything Everywhere. Sure the cutting the fingers off was weird and made me question what kind of things go on in Martin McDanagh's head but there were plenty of things in Everything Everywhere that felt try hard to me. Trying too hard to be cute, clever and offbeat - I mean the sausage fingers, dildo awards, etc.?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

First advertisement is a Verizon commercial celebrating all of the streaming channel offerings. Bit awkward a few minutes after Kimmel’s “yay we’re back in theaters as it should be!”

• Like 3

Feels like the first time in a while they’ve done Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress back to back in the beginning of the show.

edit: awww, she teared up saying his name.

Edited by dmeets
  • Like 4
2 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Feels like the first time in a while they’ve done Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress back to back in the beginning of the show.

It makes sense.  I'm sure they were staggered for ratings to keep people watching who only want to see big awards but it seems more fair to put them back to back.

And the winner is...not surprising!  Yay Ke Huy Quan! I know Barry Keoghan got some late momentum but figured this is how it would go.

Edited by kittykat
  • Like 5