Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, jjj said:

And then it REPEATS on the West Coast!  So they have incentive to get done close to 11:00 ET

It usually does, but I don't see it on the guide for tonight. Odd. 

Awww... we're being thanked.  Although I must fess up - the only reason I saw one movie this year (Three Billboards) is because my best friend wanted to do...something...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, jjj said:

And then it REPEATS on the West Coast!  So they have incentive to get done close to 11:00 ET

The real incentive is not to piss off affiliates coast-to-coast by having their local news anchors sitting on their ass and not sell any commercials while the Oscars run long. :) 

• Love 1

The movie might have missed the mark in some ways but I am probably the biggest Cillian Murphy fan and I would just love to see him finally honored and acknowledged for his talents because I think he is just one of the best actors out there.

• Love 2

Can someone write a movie for all these people who are going next door? I LOVED that Mark was all “let me raise my hand, Im so in.”

I also love that the ladies were just like “Kimmel is saying all male names, we’re just going” and walking in without being asked.

• Love 4
Just now, ebk57 said:

Awww... we're being thanked.  Although I must fess up - the only reason I saw one movie this year (Three Billboards) is because my best friend wanted to do...something...

Meanwhile I go see movies almost every weekend (I have tons of Regal points to prove it). I just saw Game Night earlier today in fact. I’m taking the thanks personally.  

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mystery said:

It usually does, but I don't see it on the guide for tonight. Odd. 

It's on my cable listing for 8:00 PM PT.  

Kobe Bryant, Oscar Winner, is a sentence I never thought I would ever type.

(I'm a bit behind so I apologize if I’m being repetitive)

Oh.  Also, I haven’t seen any of the new Star Wars movies and when they say Oscar Isaacs I constantly think of Jason Isaacs, so what a pleasant surprise to see how freaking hot Oscar is.

• Love 6
Just now, CherryMalotte said:

I dunno...I'd kind of like it if Mark Hamill came over and thanks me for going to the theatre to see films....considering how much it costs these days.

I would too, but not as an inane interruption to the bloody Oscars ceremony!

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ombelico said:

Who goes to see a movie at a theater next door to where the Oscars are being held, while the Oscars are going on? This whole setup seems fishy.

Like Shape of Water fishy?

Edited by kib
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, ombelico said:

Who goes to see a movie at a theater next door to where the Oscars are being held, while the Oscars are going on? This whole setup seems fishy.

How the hell would they even get there?  I was under the impression that all the streets near the Dolby Theater are basically closed to traffic unless you've got an Oscar ticket.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, ombelico said:

The people who were watching the celebs on the red carpet as they arrived. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not mine. They instead have a two hour "On the Red Carpet After the Awards" show listed. 

WOW, you are right!  Earlier today, it said "Oscars" at 8:00  Really glad I decided to watch the "first" airing! 

3 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

love how many cole porter songs they've played as they go to commercial. any one know if there's any significance?

Don't know if there's any significance, but it's making me very happy!

• Love 4