Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Mystery said:

Dakota Johnson was funny and charming in a tv show called Ben and Kate, but I agree she seems dreary nowadays. 

Ben and Kate was wonderful!  And she was excellent in it. It was on Fox so of course it got cancelled too soon.  I just thin she hates Dornan and the whole 50 Shades thing and so all her misery oozes through.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Heh.  I don't think Jennifer Aniston was miked but I thought I heard an "Oh!" just like Vanessa Bayer's version of Rachel. ;) 

It wasn't just you, I heard it too!

• Love 2
Just now, wallflower75 said:

Wait, wait??  I must have this!

During the last commercial break.  At least I think that was Zachary and I think he was reading 1984...  I've been into the wine.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Craphole Island said:

I actually liked the tour bus bit.

I think I just like seeing celebrities interact with normal folk haha

That's the whole thing.  It felt like you should be so lucky to be in their presence sort of thing.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, abstractstuff said:

Jesus Christ. Put your damn phones down. YOU ARE THERE. And they are taping you. Dolts.

I would be doing the same thing, and so most people.

I actually think this bit is cute and fun.  Ryan was a sweetheart.

• Love 12

Ava DuVernay wants me to fall more in love with her - she tweeted this:

"A small sign of solidarity. I chose to wear a gown by a designer from a majority Muslim country. Thanks to @AshiStudio of Lebanon. #Oscars"

• Love 18

Kind of surprised they would have two stars of one of the nominees present a category.  I guess they weren't worried by any protests or anger if their film lost!

Well deserved win for The Jungle Book.  One of the biggest surprises of 2016 for me.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mojoween said:

Ava DuVernay wants me to fall more in love with her - she tweeted this:

"A small sign of solidarity. I chose to wear a gown by a designer from a majority Muslim country. Thanks to @AshiStudio of Lebanon. #Oscars"

And as an added bonus, it's a beautiful dress.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, double-elvis said:

Seeing Andrew Garfield, I have to ask if anyone else saw 'Silence'? No one I knew saw it and I want to know if anyone else fell asleep during it or if it was just me?

I just watched it yesterday and I HATED every minute of it. I wanted desperately to fall asleep, but my bf worships at the altar of Scorsese, and it would have been sacrilege to do so. Boring, dreary, and what Simon Cowell would have described as "indulgent".
Originally Marty wanted Daniel Day Lewis in the role that Garfield played, and now I can't help but think the film would have been at least 38% better if DDL HAD been cast.

• Love 4
Just now, Sugar said:

I just watched it yesterday and I HATED every minute of it. I wanted desperately to fall asleep, but my bf worships at the altar of Scorsese, and it would have been sacrilege to do so. Boring, dreary, and what Simon Cowell would have described as "indulgent".
Originally Marty wanted Daniel Day Lewis in the role that Garfield played, and now I can't help but think the film would have been at least 38% better if DDL HAD been cast.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did not enjoy it. Now I don't feel bad for falling asleep!

• Love 1