Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Seven Minutes In Hell!

In an attempt to protect herself from the killer, Chanel makes a surprising decision, which leaves Zayday in a position of power. To stay close to each other, the girls of Kappa Kappa Tau host a slumber party, but when a shocking discovery is made, not everyone will survive the night.

I don't think this show could be any more fun. I just laugh and laugh every episode. The ridiculous dialogue kills (ha!) me. I did miss me some Niecy Nash, though. 

What is the point of 7 minutes in heaven if almost everybody is just going to fool around with their significant others? That seems to take all of the thrill out of it. 

It looks like we're starting to lose some more people, but we still haven't reached the point of killing off big characters. I think we might be looking at more than two red devils. Maybe even two different groups of them working independently? I feel like we've seen so many characters in the presence of the red devil. 

• Love 2

My take away is that Chanel and Zayday really do need to join forces to not only rule the house but the school.

Also if Grace is supposed to be the like able lead then I am very disappointed because I think she might be the only character I don't like. Now if she turns out to be the killer I will be the first to apologize.

• Love 1

My take away is that Chanel and Zayday really do need to join forces to not only rule the house but the school.

Also if Grace is supposed to be the like able lead then I am very disappointed because I think she might be the only character I don't like. Now if she turns out to be the killer I will be the first to apologize.

I like Grace. She isn't a despicable unlikable Bitch like Chanel No 1 and Chad. How anyone can like those despicable turds escapes me

• Love 4

I like Grace. She isn't a despicable unlikable Bitch like Chanel No 1 and Chad. How anyone can like those despicable turds escapes me

I like them  as in entertaining to watch not in being best friends with them.

Grace is just not interesting imo.  I thought  I  heard  a audible screech in momentum in the show when she came on screen.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 8

The show is fun, but they need to move forward with the story or answer some questions, because just waiting to see who dies each week is starting to feel a little "same old, same old"

• Love 5

I missed my Denise Hemphill! I think Chad did too...He specifically told Chanel he ain't apologizing for getting some Denise-loving! lol. Chad continues to make my day with his basic foolishness.

Interestingly, I feel even more suspicious about ZayDay. Anyone else feel the same way?

I felt her story about her incredible escape from the Red Devil's layer was a little too convenient. Then proposing a KKT slumber party on a night all the girls end up mysteriously locked up inside the mansion from the inside out with the Red Devil lurking around. Again, too conveinient (just like how she ended up slipping through the Red Devil's grip again ).

I hope I'm wrong because Zay is one of my favs but something isn't right. I don't know if she actually is one of the Devils doing the killings but she could be working closely with them along with one of the Dickie Dollars (Earl).

• Love 2

This episode was somewhat boring, despite some more actual kills.

It has its moments but Murphy is trying too hard to make the show funny that a lot of the characterisation is becoming non existent in parts.

I did like Chanel and Zayday teaming up though in this one and the others Chanels vowing to take their leader out could be fun.

Chad continues to get some funny lines though, 6/10

• Love 1

Chad is hilarious and I'm totally behind Chanel # 3 and #5 teaming up. #1 is awful but funny. Grace is boring and I'm over her hat.

I think Gigi killed the lesbian character. Apologies, don't know know the character name.

Hester is crazy as is Chanel #1 but I don't think either is a red devil. The dean totally seems like she's in on it.

• Love 1

I like them  as in entertaining to watch not in being best friends with them.

Grace is just not interesting imo.  I thought  I  heard  a audible screech in momentum in the show when she came on screen.

I hear ya but yet Chanel and Chad are characters that aren't entertaining to me. Chanel is such an insufferable Bitch that I'm wondering why someone hasn't snapped and murdered the shit out of her. Same with Chad

It looks like we're starting to lose some more people, but we still haven't reached the point of killing off big characters. I think we might be looking at more than two red devils. Maybe even two different groups of them working independently? I feel like we've seen so many characters in the presence of the red devil.

We probably won't lose the main characters until closer to the end.

As for the red devil, I think there's more than 1.

There were 2 red devils when the frat boys went out to fight them in the street, so yeah, there are at least 2 if not more.  (I'm suspecting more like 4 or 5?)

I thought so, it's the only way it makes sense with all the Red Devil interactions.

• Love 1

I missed my Denise Hemphill! I think Chad did too...He specifically told Chanel he ain't apologizing for getting some Denise-loving! lol. Chad continues to make my day with his basic foolishness.

If loving Chad is wrong, I don't want to be right. Even as he was unbuttoning his pants while they were standing over a dead body in a bathtub ::shakes head::

I too, adored his no apologies about nailing Denise. Denise seems to be the odd woman out so either she had low standards or she inspires Chad to a performance level he can't get with Chanel and the Dean.

Also love Chad is always torn up in the moment at losing a bro (showing Caulfield the respect he deserved by watching him die; weeping over R/Doger's body; reminding people about Boone). But still, Chad throwing both the phone and the bat out the window - two things one needs in a fight for your life situation- for armless Caulfield was sweet in a very dumb way, LOL.

Zayday disappointed me in wearing 6 inch wedges when they all know a serial killer is on the loose. Flats and or sneakers, ladies!

As everyone pointed out on twitter, Caulfield's head was taken out by a golf swing motion to the head so that was probably ole' Boone.

They were equal opportunity killing tonight: male, female, LGBT, straight, white, minority (asian).

But seriously where was Denise?! If Zayday is her prime suspect, she should've been all over that house. Kinda wish we'd seen her in a 'B' plot just wandering the hidden tunnels and finding random stuff. If this show had had any forethought they'd have made a web series about Denise and all the stuff she's doing when she's not onscreen. 'The B Story Adventures of Denise Hemphill'

• Love 7

Hidden behing a red mask maybe?:-)

Best way to throw suspicion off yourself is to come in as the authority investigating the situation, coming off as somewhat bumbling, and throwing suspicion on someone else. Or Denise could recognize Zayday is a crazy, lying killer but not a Red Devil.

And now I'm sure the unassuming lead cop is in on it. He could totally be the bathtub baby's daddy out for revenge against the sorority for what happened to his baby mamma.

The sophmoric banter about the rules of 'truth or dare" was just stupid as opposed to funny.

And yet just last week I bunch of friends of my cousin spent nearly an hour debating the "rules" of Beer Pong. Debating rules of these stupid sophomoric games are funny because they are true.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 10

I'm glad they killed off the lesbian character because her acting was ATROCIOUS. When she told the Red Devil to take off his/her mask and how she had known it all along and whatnot, I was like, "Is THIS the best take they had? Because that's tragic."

• Love 9

We've seen a pair of Red Devils on more than one occasion.  The question isn't whether there are two, but whether there are more than just two (#Cahoots™Denise Hemphill).

The double-axe Devil chase through the not really secret tunnels was a genuine rush, in a horror movie sorta fashion.  Not a rush: The Kappas and Scholars flipping from watching Caulfield's massacre to Let's get back to the slumber party, Yay.  Even within the show's heightened, twisted reality, there can be such a thing as too emotionally detached.  The scene was like dead air to me.

If loving Chad is wrong, I don't want to be right. Even as he was unbuttoning his pants while they were standing over a dead body in a bathtub ::shakes head::

That was unexpected and so subtly played for this show.  Just when I thought I was over Chad.

Edited by JohnnyGilda
  • Love 1

It was a crazy, funny episode, as usual. But I, too, missed me some Denise. 

I don't think Zayday is in cahoots with the killer. The Red Devil really was about to chop her head off until Chanel #1 hit him over the head with a lampshade? Sconce?

And Grace continues to be the weak link in the group. I get that she's the "good" one, but she has no memorable personality traits, other than being bratty to her dad and wearing ugly hats. Maybe it's the writing, and her character hasn't been fleshed out yet?

• Love 1
And Grace continues to be the weak link in the group. I get that she's the "good" one, but she has no memorable personality traits, other than being bratty to her dad and wearing ugly hats. Maybe it's the writing, and her character hasn't been fleshed out yet?

The writing's there, it's the actor's limitations that are hurting the character.  Her most memorable character trait is that stupid hat!

• Love 4

And yet just last week I bunch of friends of my cousin spent nearly an hour debating the "rules" of Beer Pong. Debating rules of these stupid sophomoric games are funny because they are true.

In my college days, many houses would have official rules posted on the wall to avoid such shenanigans. I was horrible at Beer Pong and chose the less complicated Flip Cup as means to get drunk.

I'm glad they killed off the lesbian character because her acting was ATROCIOUS. When she told the Red Devil to take off his/her mask and how she had known it all along and whatnot, I was like, "Is THIS the best take they had? Because that's tragic."

Yeah, that was ... bleak. My friend watching with me asked why lesbians on TV are always monotone. The death scene making no sense didn't give the actress any favors, either. First she demands to know who it is, says she knew it -- then pleads for her life by saying she can help the killer. But was she desperate or genuinely aspiring to be murderous? 

This show's comic aces are Nasim Pedrad and Niecy Nash, so having both of them gone really hurt.

I wonder how they negotiated which Rhodes twin played who, considering one of them got an extra episode of pay. Maybe whichever one "auditioned" for Ryan Murphy. Kidding!! I hope.

I liked that Chanel #1 decided to go in the tunnel with Zayday. She has her moments where she's not entirely a horrible human being.

The sophmoric banter about the rules of 'truth or dare" was just stupid as opposed to funny.

This cracks me up, because honestly, I was laughing SO hard at that part.  Poor Chad was so confused - you HAVE to tell the truth, duuuuuh.   My family has been known to almost come to blows over UNO though, so that might be a ymmv sort of thing.

• Love 7

I liked that Chanel #1 decided to go in the tunnel with Zayday. She has her moments where she's not entirely a horrible human being.

I loved that Chanel #1 saved Zayday and then said it was only because having more people around will improve her odds of surviving.

This was a much better episode than last week, which was my least favorite thus far. I still hate that they aren't killing off any of the main cast, though. All of the deaths this week were minor characters that I don't give a shit about. Even though I like her, I was actually hoping the Red Devil would kill Chanel #5 in that scene, too, just because that would have raised the stakes a bit. As of now, I feel like the leads are totally safe.

I agree that Sam's acting in her death scene was pretty terrible. I thought she was decent in the other episodes, so I don't know what happened there. The only thing I'll miss about her is her "relationship" with Chanel #3- they were actually pretty cute/funny together.

Can they please get rid of Chad soon? I know I'm in the minority here, but I. can't. stand. him. I don't think he's hot, or funny, or any of that shit- he's just annoying, and he's easily my least favorite character. Knock him off and beef up Earl, who I think is adorable. Hell, I'll even take more Pete.

I missed Gigi and Denise.

Edited by mack6986
  • Love 2

Weren't there supposed to be 3 Halloween episodes in a row? This one wasn't Halloween themed whatsoever, I do agree they need to kill of main characters or every episode is essentially randoms getting killed off and them accusing each other with no actual progress in the storyline. This episode was just really boring to me and seemed like a filler

Weren't there supposed to be 3 Halloween episodes in a row? This one wasn't Halloween themed whatsoever, I do agree they need to kill of main characters or every episode is essentially randoms getting killed off and them accusing each other with no actual progress in the storyline. This episode was just really boring to me and seemed like a filler

Frankly I think it was a scheduling thing.  When they doubled up  the pilot with Hell week it moved  the actual 2 week Halloween event up.   So this one was just lump in since it would air closet to Halloween.

Climb you armless bastard!!

I just love this show.  I had to rewind that death scene about 6 times because everything was just so perfect.  Chad throwing the bat and phone, every line of dialogue ("Red Devil comin in hot!"), and all the facial reactions.  Chad Radwell is just the best character on TV at the moment.  As someone upthread said, if liking Chad is wrong, I don't want to be right.

• Love 3

I don't know why but Lea Michele's facial expression in the background during scenes she sitting there was killing me. LMAO! 

She is always lurking somewhere if not being creepy she is being obsessive looking.

Kind of figure out who was being killed off when I read 3 would die.  I really think they need to kill off Chanel #5 and get rid of one of the main characters sooner than later. 

I missed Denise but not really the other "adults".  Anyway this one was ok, there were a lot of good lines but it still seemed like a filler episode.

Edited by pete

I shall miss Armless Frat. I don't know, I just found him amusing with no arms. I guess though it ate into the budget to remove his arms each week in post production. Although I admit I don't have any pre-chop and post-chop to compare the size of his torso to know if that was where they were hiding his arms for the past 2 weeks.

Well I am not entirely engrossed in the show, I feel it is trying too hard to be funny rather than just being naturally funny, I am tuning in each week to try to solve the mystery myself (I typically suck at these). But as long as they keep the gory deaths to a minimum I can deal with lacklustre execution of the show to get to the end.

I'm probably in the minority but I do prefer the episodes that focus on revealing the backstory to the killer, as opposed to random college fun with deaths. So while there was lots of pointing go on in this episode, overall it wasn't an episode that appeal to me.

I'm probably in the minority but I do prefer the episodes that focus on revealing the backstory to the killer, as opposed to random college fun with deaths. So while there was lots of pointing go on in this episode, overall it wasn't an episode that appeal to me.

I'd like to get down to the mystery of 1995 and why the red devil(s) are targeting Kappas and DDSes. The eps seem to habitually be: throw the girls together, RD makes an appearance, kills or nearly kills someone, the end. The storyline hasn't progressed. 

Chad Radwell is just the best character on TV at the moment.  As someone upthread said, if liking Chad is wrong, I don't want to be right.

In this case, can someone explain Chad's character to me? I don't understand what it's satirizing. I'm familiar with the fraternity stereotypes of beer pong, preppy guys, football players, and so forth, but this isn't related at all. He keeps talking about how hot he is while wearing these odd and to me inexplicable outfits, and others in the fraternity seem to agree with his hotness while also wearing similar odd outfits. Then this episode they referred to themselves as dicks, though I thought I heard dickie, which is the suit workers wear, and these guys clearly aren't laborers, and I can't do an internet search with any permutation of the word 'dick', certainly not when coupled with 'fraternity'. Help? This may be an aspect of American culture I have absolutely no reference to or context for. No one else I know watches this and I don't know how to formulate my questions (see above).

Did Roger's nail-filled face remind anybody else of Hellraiser? Seriously expected one of the girls to suggest watching it after that scene. Kinda surprised none of them commented on it actually, what with that heavy-handed Texas Chainsaw Massacre stuff a few episodes back.

Lea Michele's Hester is one screwed up, sick character in a good way. Her and the actress playing Jennifer run rings around the Chanels, who I can almost hear them say right before a scene " OK, now I'm playing comedy".

Exactly. I just find her expressions wether it is an eye-roll or just being creepy to be funny. 

Besides the lurking of Hester in the background they told a story of how during filming  Lea picked up Emma's hair and started playing with it and smelling it.  But of course the editor edited that out but they put a picture of it out as an offical episode pic. seen here: http://photos.leamicheleweb.net/displayimage.php?album=1609&pid=100397#top_display_media and Jennifer the candle vlogger was sucking on a candle most of this episode.

So its the little stuff like that I like that makes a character for me.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Did Roger's nail-filled face remind anybody else of Hellraiser? Seriously expected one of the girls to suggest watching it after that scene.

Raises an enthusiastic hand!  Of course, my mind went from Hellraiser to how the hell is there no blood on his face...

I am enjoying this show more that I want to, but have found I just have to suspend my disbelief to like it as much as I do.  I still not exactly sure what RM is going for with all of this, but I'm along for the ride since I do laugh each week.  Sometimes, however, I laugh at things that I'm not sure are intended. 

Example- throughout most of this episode, they talked about how they were secure in the house with all the doors and windows being locked and continued saying so  AFTER Chad broke the window and left the ladder right next to the Red Devil.  Once he broke the window (and why did the security alarm not go off when that happened?), the Red Devil had easy access to the house.  No need for hidden tunnels, etc.  I thought it was hysterical that the cast kept saying the house was "secure."  But I don't think that was supposed to be funny, I think it as a stupid continuity error. 

So yeah, I'm not sure why I like this show or why I find it funny but I do.  I wish they would speed things along, but I'll stick with it till the end.

I don't think it was continuity error I just don't think they care.  Thye need the story to continue on so they just let it be.  Ryan and company write for the joke first and they let the rest fall as it will.

Edited by tom87