Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Someone mentioned Mykelti's easy parenting style against Maddie's constant whining....and I can't believe I am even saying this but remember Mykelti's wackadoodle LuLaRoe pictures, with her bizarre poses?  At least those pictures drew interest, even if they were weirdly composed.  Maddie's unbrushed hair and pale skin against a bland backdrop is boring compared to Mykelti's "whimsical" photos.  Mykelti wins again....I guess?  

Given a choice to spend time with either women, Mykelti would win hands down.  Maddie would utter her profound statements, then rivet her eyes on yours seeking agreement.  I feel I would come away from an encounter with Mykelti with a smile on my face, she seems so positive about her life.

Same goes for the spouses, Caleb seems a giant bore to me, with Tony there would never be a dull moment.  One may not agree with everything he has to say but at least there would be lively dialogue.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Maddie’s latest Plexus picture. 

This family and walls………

11FE152B-A58B-4833-A01F-1E9D0CD92407.jpeg

Once again she’s posing in such a way (leaning forward) that it’s hard to tell if she might be pregnant. 🤔

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Elodia said:

If Maddie is really pregnant she will be probably very, veeerrry mad at Mykelti for stealing her thunder. 

Now that would probably make for some interesting family dynamics (and SW tv shows)

• LOL 8

All they knew was Evie didn't have 10 fingers which wouldn't indicate a hospital birth would be required. The other issues were only identified after she was born.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B39fDNlgP_p/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Brought over from the Janelle thread. Yes, the instagram post clearly implies they didn’t know there were more issues besides the lack of fingers. But, as far as I remember, they were told about certain anomalies on the ultrasound at the time, though they did specifically mention the missing fingers. From a medical point of view, the under development of her left leg was so serious that It is highly unlikely this was missed on the scans, particularly because they measure limbs as they indicate a baby’s growth. They did notice an absence of little fingers, yet they missed the absence of an entire leg bone and a seriously malformed tibia? Not buying that. 

I also clearly remember Maddie down-playing the warning signs at the time.  It was very obvious she never realised it could be something more serious than missing a finger or two. I do agree with the statement that missing fingers do not necessarily warrant a hospital birth. However, such conditions are often not standalone issues but can be part of a bigger picture/another condition. This is one reason why this should have been a hospital birth. If only to rule out a more serious condition, which happened to be the case here too.

In Maddie’s defence, her entire “laid back” may have been her maternal instinct kicking in. When your child is seriously ill, you often focus on the positives an ignore the other signs. Positivity  keeps you going after all.  
it was this or she was overwhelmed by the devastating news and missed about half of what they said and focussed on a few missing fingers instead.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, LilyD said:

They did notice an absence of little fingers, yet they missed the absence of an entire leg bone and a seriously malformed tibia? Not buying that. 

Me neither.  The two things together point to the possibility of FATCO syndrome, which sometimes involves cardiac and/or respiratory problems. That ambulance ride probably wiped out any savings of having a non-hospital birth, though TLC got to film it all for more drama and more $$$ for the Browns.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
On 7/5/2022 at 6:35 AM, Sandy W said:

Given a choice to spend time with either women, Mykelti would win hands down.  Maddie would utter her profound statements, then rivet her eyes on yours seeking agreement.  I feel I would come away from an encounter with Mykelti with a smile on my face, she seems so positive about her life.

Same goes for the spouses, Caleb seems a giant bore to me, with Tony there would never be a dull moment.  One may not agree with everything he has to say but at least there would be lively dialogue.

Right??!!  At least with Tony you can talk about loving tacos.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Does anyone recall the season and episode of the delivery?  It seems they used a birthing center in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary).  I recall some if it.  I’m in Raleigh.  Did they reveal the hospital that was used?  

• Useful 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone recall the season and episode of the delivery?  It seems they used a birthing center in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary).  I recall some if it.  I’m in Raleigh.  Did they reveal the hospital that was used?  

All that was mentioned as far as I know is, she was born in a birthing center 2 hours from their home. From the birthing center she was transported to a “local hospital “.

In case the video doesn’t work for you, the episode was, Two Moms, Their Daughter, and A Baby 

Sister Wives: Season 14, Episode 15. (Sometimes TLC’s episode #s are wonky.)

video:

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 5
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I believe that they were at the Women's Birth & Wellness Center.  If so, the local hospital would have UNC Hospital in Chapel Hill. 

• Useful 6

Right. I read the hospital was UNC, so figured that must be Chapel Hill, unless they meant Rex UNC but Chapel Hill is 2 hrs from Greenville.  I didn’t see anything on the Birthing Center. Tks.

• Love 1

I agree with you here Cherrybelly. It’s so rare that I doubt such a precise diagnosis could have been made. But, like I said there were a few other things that should not have been missed. Or maybe they weren’t missed but simply ignored by Maddie and Caleb. Out of ignorance or a mother’s instinct….

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

One can lose weight in the summer because it’s hot and who can eat? All I’m eating is fruit and water and iced coffee. 

I would never spend $109 on plexus.

and yes where are the cute summer dresses?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 7/5/2022 at 8:07 AM, laurakaye said:

Someone mentioned Mykelti's easy parenting style against Maddie's constant whining....and I can't believe I am even saying this but remember Mykelti's wackadoodle LuLaRoe pictures, with her bizarre poses?  At least those pictures drew interest, even if they were weirdly composed.  Maddie's unbrushed hair and pale skin against a bland backdrop is boring compared to Mykelti's "whimsical" photos.  Mykelti wins again....I guess?  

I think Mykelti is naturally beautiful. She looks a lot like Christine, under the dark hair and cookoo eyebrows. I love her spirit. 

I don't care for the avenue of fashion she pursued, but she and Christine put together better combos than Meri does. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Look at Christine with her exposed shoulder t-shirt! I hate that she's still an MLM predator, particularly with this toxic brew which is worse than asking people to buy overpriced shoddy polyester garments or makeup - but Christine has come a long way from her modesty days. I guess dumping the religion has that effect - although with this MLM shilling, she's still participating in a cult. The conditioning is strong in her.

• Love 10
54 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Look at Christine with her exposed shoulder t-shirt! I hate that she's still an MLM predator, particularly with this toxic brew which is worse than asking people to buy overpriced shoddy polyester garments or makeup - but Christine has come a long way from her modesty days. I guess dumping the religion has that effect - although with this MLM shilling, she's still participating in a cult. The conditioning is strong in her.

If you. think about it, it is the only way she thinks she can earn money. MLM's suck and take advantage of people, but if you happen to get in early, you may make some decent money on the backs of your downline. I really wish she had not backed out of the Real Estate business. I think she could have done well if she applied herself.

• Love 8
On 7/20/2022 at 9:00 PM, ginger90 said:

2E1236BA-0BA8-44C4-86E8-7875A31161EA.jpeg

28978B8B-37B1-4B8F-A975-C69592D0AA31.jpeg

32482B02-E0CC-4106-8594-D814C798D41B.jpeg

I'm out of the loop for a few months.  Who is that with Christine?  and I wouldn't be buying what she's selling #frauds

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, Boston said:

I'm out of the loop for a few months.  Who is that with Christine?  and I wouldn't be buying what she's selling #frauds

That would be Maddie, Janelle's oldest daughter.  Not sure if Christine was visiting her in North Carolina or Maddie visiting Christine in Utah.

#frauds is correct!

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Boston said:

That's MADDIE??  She looks so different (maybe it's just me)

Edited by Boston
forgot word
  • Like 5
  • Fire 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

She's pregnant.  Early February.

Wow.

Nailed it a while ago!  She's going to have a tough road ahead of her. Just hope this one is very healthy. 

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

I would be surprised if she is still in school.  Her education goals kept changing, and she has not posted any "studying" pictures lately.  I would think we would have heard about studying, or she would have posted a picture recently.

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

I would be surprised too. Those two kids must keep her really busy. The only photos she has been posting lately are relating to her "Plexass" MLM and about the chickens and she hasn't mentioned the chicks since they arrived (wonder if they are still alive?).

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Nailed it a while ago!  She's going to have a tough road ahead of her. Just hope this one is very healthy. 

Looking back on the thread, we were thinking she was pregnant last March/April, but she didn't get pregnant with this one until May if she is due in February.

• Useful 5

Mykelti announced her twins publicly in June.  Perhaps she got pregnant when Mykelti shared with the family in April or May.

I mean, no way Maddie would want Mykelti to have more children than she has.  LOL!

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 2
2 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Mykelti announced her twins publicly in June.  Perhaps she got pregnant when Mykelti shared with the family in April or May.

I mean, no way Maddie would want Mykelti to have more children than she has.  LOL!

That thought has crossed my mind. I know carrying twins has its risks, but Maddie is really taking a risk considering both of her children have health issues. Especially sweet Evie. Personally I wouldn't take that risk just to keep up with Mykelti. But that is just me...

• Like 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

Personally I wouldn't take that risk just to keep up with Mykelti. But that is just me...

and most rational people would do the same. Or some make use of everything they have learned and adopt or foster kids with special needs (but I don't think that is in Maddie's DNA).

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

That thought has crossed my mind. I know carrying twins has its risks, but Maddie is really taking a risk considering both of her children have health issues.

There’s no relation between Evie’s Fatco and Axel’s Apraxia/speech disorder. In both cases, this is simply a matter of bad luck as it could happen to anyone of us. I haven’t heard anything about Axel in a while btw so hopefully he has improved a lot and now developing normally. 
I do agree that Maddie is taking on a lot with two kids that need extra care. But….if three kids is something that she really wants, then she should go for it. A desire for a 3rd can be as strong as the wish for a first child. I can tell😉☺️ Our 3rd really was our special bonus kid. So Maddie, welcome in the club of 3s.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I understand there is no relation between their disorders. So bad luck...if I had bad luck twice I would have to think hard if I want to risk "bad luck" thrice.  And as I said that was just what I would do. Maddie is a grown woman and can make her own decisions about what she wants to do, it is her and Caleb's choice.

• Like 2
  • Love 9

When they came to Flagstaff to introduce Evie, Maddie said she wanted 2 kids but Caleb wanted 4. Perhaps they will compromise and have 3. I sure hope they don't rope Ysabel into too many child care duties,

• Like 7
  • Love 2
On 7/30/2022 at 9:26 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Brunette beauty??

Exactly….. I know it’s an old article and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen it before but… what’s up with that? 
It seems so out of place in a serious article about little Evie’s condition…. suddenly out of left field Maddie is being described as a “brunette beauty?!??” Wtf?  😳

I’m not saying Maddie is ugly but her bugged out eyeballs, unflattering dime store dye jobs and clenched teeth as she talks are not my idea of beauty.

If I didn’t know better I’d think Maddie wrote the article herself.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
On 7/5/2022 at 7:31 AM, ginger90 said:

Maddie’s latest Plexus picture. 

This family and walls………

11FE152B-A58B-4833-A01F-1E9D0CD92407.jpeg

Did she give up on going back to blonde? I see a couple highlights but there’s A LOT of dark there.

Its a rough process that requires a lot of patience. I’ve been going to a lighter blonde after years of dark. It’s taken 5 months of professional lightening every 6 weeks— with LOTS of Olaplex treatments and trims in between. 

At least her hair isn’t that terrible black shade any more. That really washed her out. Those little highlights help a lot! 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I do agree that Maddie is taking on a lot with two kids that need extra care.

I would bet money that Janelle will eventually move closer to Maddie and live local to her and help with the kids. Just a guess, based on how often we see Janelle with Maddie and how NOT often we see her with Kody.

• Like 6
  • Love 3