Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, toodles said:

What is with the crazy eyes?  And for the love of God, find your hairbrush.

Well, I'd have crazy eyes too, if I was early into my 4th month of pregnancy but looked like I was in my 6th month.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure I've said it before but god damn Brown genes are strong!  Axel looks just like his uncles.

Unless that is a 7 figure income Caleb is going to be bringing in there is no way I would move my pregnant self and toddler away from all that family and support.  But that's just me.  There's a part of me rooting for them and part of me thinking they'll be back in 6 months.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, GleamingMist said:

Unless that is a 7 figure income Caleb is going to be bringing in there is no way I would move my pregnant self and toddler away from all that family and support.  

Do you mean Caleb’s family because the Browns seem to leave town whenever the rent is due.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:34 AM, Kyanight said:

No kidding!  JUST MY OPINION AND OWN EXPERIENCES HERE* -  I had my first completely natural, my second was induced because of HELLP syndrome and my last was premature twins (31 weeks).  I had epidurals for the second and third pregnancies - and they were AWESOME!!!!!!  And I did not see ANY differences in any of my babies.  All I know is I saved myself agony and I was better able to hold and love on my new babies after the births because I wasn't so exhausted.  They don't give medals to expectant mothers who agonize and scream in the bathtub for 18 1/2 days and deliver naturally.  Been there, done both. (Er... not the bathtub and cameras bit.)  If Madison is going to have a Duggerful of kids, she might want to get to know Mr. Epidural Man.  He's my hero!  (Although could be a Ms. Epidural Chick, too.)

*  Disclaimer:   All births are different, all expectant MOTHERS are different, and my personal experiences and medical needs may definitely differ from yours.  

All information, content, and material of this post is for informational/entertainment purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. Hopefully no snowflakes were offended by my love for Mr. Epidural man.

If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

:::snort:::

The longer and more detailed the "birth plan" the more interventions needed. Well known nurse wisdom in the nursing world.

• Love 3

I live in the Greenville, NC area, and I am so intrigued by this move. The theory is that Caleb works in manufacturing or engine repair, right? There are a couple of places that come to mind where he could be working. The thing is, my husband works in construction, and there is no shortage of people he can train and hire. It’s not like you need a national search. And has Caleb stayed in a job long enough to become specialized in something super specific? 

Both the community college and the local state university have excellent nursing programs, so there’s that for Maddie at least. Also, the town is very family friendly.

Between his salary, the show, LLR, they can live just fine as a family of four out here. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Both the community college and the local state university have excellent nursing programs, so there’s that for Maddie at least.

I highly doubt she'll ever go back to school. She'll just keep popping out kids every couple of years.  It's ingrained in her.

• Love 9
On 2/9/2019 at 7:01 AM, ginger90 said:

CE50C9DE-E4E1-4BBA-A8BE-425ECCBEBFDD.jpeg

madison_rose11

Out of the first trimester! 12 weeks plus some days! This pregnancy has been so different so far. But I'm poppin' earlier 😣 definitely a bump😂.

Maddie can look very pretty and attractive, but not here--with redder hair, she could pass for the comedian Carrot Top! Why post such a weird pic?

About the move to NC, I wonder if Caleb has any friends or family there? I think Maddie is going to miss having her mother and siblings to lend a hand, especially when baby #2 arrives. Perhaps Janelle will make an extended visit when the baby is born, though.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

The longer and more detailed the "birth plan" the more interventions needed. Well known nurse wisdom in the nursing world.

3 hours ago, Higgins said:
On 1/25/2019 at 10:34 PM, Kyanight said:

No kidding!  JUST MY OPINION AND OWN EXPERIENCES HERE* -  I had my first completely natural, my second was induced because of HELLP syndrome and my last was premature twins (31 weeks).  I had epidurals for the second and third pregnancies - and they were AWESOME!!!!!!  And I did not see ANY differences in any of my babies.  All I know is I saved myself agony and I was better able to hold and love on my new babies after the births because I wasn't so exhausted.  They don't give medals to expectant mothers who agonize and scream in the bathtub for 18 1/2 days and deliver naturally.  Been there, done both. (Er... not the bathtub and cameras bit.)  If Madison is going to have a Duggerful of kids, she might want to get to know Mr. Epidural Man.  He's my hero!  (Although could be a Ms. Epidural Chick, too.)

*  Disclaimer:   All births are different, all expectant MOTHERS are different, and my personal experiences and medical needs may definitely differ from yours.  

All information, content, and material of this post is for informational/entertainment purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified physician or healthcare provider. Hopefully no snowflakes were offended by my love for Mr. Epidural man.

If you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

:::snort:::

That is the truth!!  And I actually had more children but I've gotten into some hairy discussions with people throwing "Do I know what birth control is" and overpopulation, so those were my first four kids.  Not that it's a big deal, but I have nothing to hide and this board has turned out to be much kinder and more tolerant than I had been fearing, lol.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 3

I am in the opposite situation of Maddie. I am getting ready to move with my little family of four to be close to our extended families. We grew up close to grandparents and cousins and want the same for our kids.

i find it so curious the Brushes would move so far away from family. Surely this wasn’t Caleb’s only job prospect. It makes me wonder if they wanted family to be a plane ride away. 

• Love 9
On 11/28/2018 at 1:07 PM, Sasha888 said:

I checked out Ebay just to see how flooded it is with people trying to unload this crap - just the leggings alone there's TONS of them trying to sell for as little as $3.

One person who's obviously going out of business is trying to sell the size chart, price chart, etc that you'd put up at a pop-up sale, and I noticed this on the "How to Care" for your LuLaRoe section of that sign:

"Turn inside out, wash on cold gentle cycle or hand wash. Hang to dry or you will be sad. 😞 "

Are you kidding me? At my house doing laundry is like a "survival of the fittest" test for the clothing...if you don't survive the washer, dryer, and come out wrinkle free, you go in the garbage or get donated! 

It's a hilarious coincidence that I saw this now, because I just got done doing some wardrobe thinning - and I had several pieces of clothing that caused the little voices in my head to speak up - "Oh, but it's so cute!" and then the other voice "It wrinkles terribly and you know you're too lazy to ever pick up an iron! Throw it in the damn bag!" Ha ha ha....and into the donation bag it goes.

Words like "hand wash" and "lay flat to dry" basically mean "disposable clothing" to me. I know I'm going to wear it once, then ruin it and end up throwing it away.

It wouldn't surprise me if this LulaRoe crap is also a fire hazard like those cheap pj's a few years ago that were made out of really crappy synthetic fabric.🔥😱 

• Love 4
On 2/23/2019 at 2:25 PM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I am in the opposite situation of Maddie. I am getting ready to move with my little family of four to be close to our extended families. We grew up close to grandparents and cousins and want the same for our kids.

i find it so curious the Brushes would move so far away from family. Surely this wasn’t Caleb’s only job prospect. It makes me wonder if they wanted family to be a plane ride away. 

Maybe after the little twitter argument, they decided to move farther away and a job came up.  North Carolina is a beautiful state.  Just hope they are prepared for the humidity and heat in the summer time.

• Love 3
On 2/23/2019 at 4:52 AM, ginger90 said:

Yes.

2AE03166-0A64-47B2-AA99-3DE770FE5E86.jpeg

Their houses always look so dirty and unkempt...how difficult would it be to completely remove the label on that can?

Nope... try peeling it off and when that doesn't work just leave it half peeled, probably sticky like a dirt magnet instead of removing the label properly.

I wonder if that wooden spoon is for disciplining Axle or Kootie? 🤔

18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Their houses always look so dirty and unkempt...how difficult would it be to completely remove the label on that can?

Nope... try peeling it off and when that doesn't work just leave it half peeled, probably sticky like a dirt magnet instead of removing the label properly.

I wonder if that wooden spoon is for disciplining Axle or Kootie? 🤔

That would drive me nuts! I remove the stickers and/or price tags from everything, even bottles of shampoo and conditioner that no one else will see. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

She doesn't even have the energy to rotate the can so the half-peeled label is facing the wall.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

She doesn't even have the energy to rotate the can so the half-peeled label is facing the wall.

I was going to suggest that as well, but then I noticed that it looks like the container isn't solid all the way around, so maybe that wouldn't work? That label just needs to come off, lol. A little soap and hot water, and if that doesn't do the trick, I swear by good old peanut butter. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

That would drive me nuts! I remove the stickers and/or price tags from everything, even bottles of shampoo and conditioner that no one else will see. 

I am a Master Label Remover.  My husband told me once, years ago, that I should add under "special skills" on my resume.... Exceptionally Tenacious Creative and Skilled with the removal of any form of commercial adhesives from a wide variety of surfaces.

...I also have never been beaten by any kind of entangled yarn...

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Goo Gone is awesome for removing labels. But we’re talking about Janelles daughter here, so I’m sure things like removing labels is just.so.hard.  Probably would put her off exercising for six months. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

AH..... but have you been beaten a bunch of necklaces all tangled together...?

Aha, now that's one of my special skills! Having worked in the jewelry section of a department store, I've encountered my share of gold and sterling silver disasters. It takes good lighting, safety pins, tweezers, and a lot of patience!

32 minutes ago, Kbo said:

Goo Gone is awesome for removing labels. 

That is good stuff, my sister swears by it.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I've encountered my share of gold and sterling silver disasters. It takes good lighting, safety pins, tweezers, and a lot of patience!

THIS! I have the good lighting, safety pins and tweezers...but the patience...not-so-much...

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, llewis823 said:

THIS! I have the good lighting, safety pins and tweezers...but the patience...not-so-much...

Try a generous sprinkle of talcum or baby powder sifted throughout the tangles.  Just enough lubricant to let the chains slide easily and can be rinsed off after with no problems.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Kbo said:

Goo Gone is awesome for removing labels. But we’re talking about Janelles daughter here, so I’m sure things like removing labels is just.so.hard.  Probably would put her off exercising for six months. 

Warning, it also takes off nail polish. 😐

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, Kyanight said:

AH..... but have you been beaten a bunch of necklaces all tangled together...?

I know that I've untangled necklaces over the years, not sure how many all tangled at once tho.  However the one that sticks out in my mind was when my daughter bought a spool of fine necklace chain to make her own jewelry and all the chain fell off the spool in a box ending up in a giant lump.  It took the better part of a day, a bright light and my fine tip tweezers to set it right and put it back on the spool. 

15 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Address please?  I have a box of Christmas lights that I could use some help with.

I've done lots of Christmas lights.  My mother never put them away with any kind of thought as to taking them back out of the storage box again.  Every year was started by sitting down and untangling them.  My lights are stored wrapped around thick cardboard and in a tub.  Kind of like how the part of a hive that bees make their honeycombs on.  It's where I got the idea...

I'll never forget when I watched Kody pull out his cables to put up those "strung from each house" lights and they were a tangled mess.  I had a very loud laugh and wished that I could hear how he truly reacted without cameras following him around.  Colorful metaphors shouted to the heavens I suspect.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

@ginger90, your social media updates are appreciated!

So, can we expect twins?  I only had one pregnancy, so to my eye, she looks a bit large for 4 months PG.

I think it's because now people wear such tight fitting clothes and you notice right away.  The bump is sticking out but she still looks very lean.  I was a little larger and a naturally poochy stomach so i didn't really show until about 5 months.  Then I ballooned up like a good year blimp.

• Love 2
On 2/28/2019 at 9:35 AM, Roslyn said:

I know that I've untangled necklaces over the years, not sure how many all tangled at once tho.  However the one that sticks out in my mind was when my daughter bought a spool of fine necklace chain to make her own jewelry and all the chain fell off the spool in a box ending up in a giant lump.  It took the better part of a day, a bright light and my fine tip tweezers to set it right and put it back on the spool. 

I've done lots of Christmas lights.  My mother never put them away with any kind of thought as to taking them back out of the storage box again.  Every year was started by sitting down and untangling them.  My lights are stored wrapped around thick cardboard and in a tub.  Kind of like how the part of a hive that bees make their honeycombs on.  It's where I got the idea...

I'll never forget when I watched Kody pull out his cables to put up those "strung from each house" lights and they were a tangled mess.  I had a very loud laugh and wished that I could hear how he truly reacted without cameras following him around.  Colorful metaphors shouted to the heavens I suspect.

I like that idea! I store my light sets in separate plastic bags, but they do still get tangled up a bit.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I like that idea! I store my light sets in separate plastic bags, but they do still get tangled up a bit.

Get you a package of plastic straws and thread each one through a straw and latch the clasp.  No more tangled chains.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4C9FC33F-AB57-404B-9151-68056C9B54DB.jpeg

Thanks, girl! You know how much I need updates on your bump.

/sarcasm 🙄🙄🙄

As for the size, remember how we all swore she was farther along than she was with Axel? We all thought for sure she was going to have a full-term “preemie” and that was only her first pregnancy. Maybe she is really short 

• Love 3

Tight tops during pregnancy weren't a thing in the 80's.  I'm happy they weren't!  I was a chunk.

Odd that so-called religious women like the Duggars wear them, when their non-pregnant garb is loose and long.  And remember the early Browns with their fake (IMO) modesty, wearing a long sleeved t-shirt with a sleeveless top over it?  All that seems to have gone by the wayside.  If it irritates Kootie like he says it does, good 🤣

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Tight tops during pregnancy weren't a thing in the 80's.  I'm happy they weren't!  I was a chunk.

Odd that so-called religious women like the Duggars wear them, when their non-pregnant garb is loose and long.  And remember the early Browns with their fake (IMO) modesty, wearing a long sleeved t-shirt with a sleeveless top over it?  All that seems to have gone by the wayside.  If it irritates Kootie like he says it does, good 🤣

I think Robyn dictates what goes now, and has for years.  Kody USED to be "boss man", but lost his balls when he married Robyn.  If ROBYN says a style of clothing is ok, they WILL be able to wear that clothing.  Robyn has first say, and then Kody is free to boss his other wives around.

• Love 5
On 3/7/2019 at 2:29 PM, xwordfanatik said:

@ginger90, your social media updates are appreciated!

So, can we expect twins?  I only had one pregnancy, so to my eye, she looks a bit large for 4 months PG.

I am roughly at the same point in my pregnancy and probably look more pregnant. And no, I am not expecting twins. It’s the second baby, things are stretched, you show a lot quicker. At this point baby has moved up out of the pelvis, shifting everything. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Semanire said:

I am roughly at the same point in my pregnancy and probably look more pregnant. And no, I am not expecting twins. It’s the second baby, things are stretched, you show a lot quicker. At this point baby has moved up out of the pelvis, shifting everything. 

This could be an indication that it is a girl.  Have read that your belly looks much bigger with a girl.  But that could just be an old sister wives tale.  🤭

• LOL 5