Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

I think the reason Fernando's papers are taking so long is because he didn't submit all the documents. I've heard that the couples have to show they are pretty far in the K-1 process to be considered for this show. Probably his divorce papers. They've asked for proof of divorce from my first green card application all the way up to my citizenship application. Neither my husband nor I were married before so it wasn't an issue, but it's standard.

Seeing all of this makes me pretty glad my husband and I didn't go the K-1 visa route.

There are other options? What did you do?

I don't think Alexei was as blind to Loren's flaws as we think. He may have overlooked them, but he wanted a physically attractive JAP, and now he's dealing with the consequences.

Also, Devar wanting to support his family is a very noble thing. If he said he was going to send $1 out of $10 to his family, I don't think even the Evil Stepsisters would have raised an eyebrow. But I think he underestimated the difference between being single and how much a spouse expects him to support their own family even if she has a good paying job.

• Love 1

Of all the model talk during this episode, Devar could make bank as a model, I think. There's a guy who could be his twin, doing a commercial now for Keurig or something similar.

I agree, Devar could do well as a model.  1) he's pretty hot and 2) he seems like he would be much more comfortable with cameras and focus and attention on him than Alexei would.  I think pushing Alexei into modeling is just more of Loren's desperate need for attention.  If she can't be a model, she can get attention by being married to a model, and then calling more attention to what a catch she is, because she landed such a stud.

• Love 1

From what I remember, Devar doesn't seem to be much taller than Melanie, so probably doesn't have the height to model.  He also is lacking in the sizzling eyes department--he looks a little bland and boyish in the face.  Alexei has the height (maybe too much for anything but underwear modeling), but let's face it, has kind of a gawky neck and prominent Adam's apple.  He's also a little "facially challenged".  Tyra would not approve. 

Edited by WhoAmIReally
  • Love 6

From what I remember, Devar doesn't seem to be much taller than Melanie, so probably doesn't have the height to model.  He also is lacking in the sizzling eyes department--he looks a little bland and boyish in the face.  Alexei has the height (maybe too much for anything but underwear modeling), but let's face it, has kind of a gawky neck and prominent Adam's apple.  He's also a little "facially challenged".  Tyra would not approve. 

That's true, I wasn't even thinking about Devar's height. So that probably counts him out. I think Alexei is reasonably good looking, and definitely in good shape but he doesn't have that "oh my God he's beautiful" quality. 

• Love 1

It's funny.   I went into this show believing the foreign fiances would be schemers, connivers, gold-diggers, etc.

After last night's episode, I decided it's the American fiances who are ugly and selfish.  

Starting with that bitch-on-wheels, Melanie.   Is she so obtuse she can't understand that people in other countries might have values different from her own?  Beliefs about family and responsibility that run much deeper than her one-dimensional vision of connubial bliss?   I found myself admiring Devar for his loyalty to his family.   It made me ask myself if maybe our own culture would be better off if more families pulled together like that.   This is a guy whose mother left the country when he was nine to go to America and send money home to support her family.  She's probably still doing it.   How can Melanie not GET that as an adult Devar sees it as his duty to do his part now?    Maybe she can order him to "STOP IT" like she did in the jewelry store.

Mark.  Mark has a screw loose.  Maybe two.   Selfish bastard with a train whistle, trying to mold Nikki into the image of his ex-wife -- who left him.   My money says Mark can't get it up, that's why he's not reciprocating Nikki's advances.   

Loren.   At first I wondered why an attractive girl like her would need to import a beau from Israel.   Now I know.   What a bunch of fucknuts she and her family are.  

Josh.   There is something very, very wrong with this man.    I don't know what it is.   Only that it is.   I cringed watching the Salsa Night scene with the local bumpkins all dancing like Elaine Benes.    Josh knows exactly what he's doing to that girl.   He acts all soft-spoken and innocent but his ultimate goal is to break her spirit. She wants to dance?  Heh, heh.   I'll take her to the most godforsaken dance hall this side of Bomont.   She'll never ask again.

The whacko with Noon.   I think there's something going on between him and his roommate.    He only imported Noon to be the maid.   That's my take.

Fernando.   I keep seeing George Costanza in that role.   It's funny and sad at the same time.   Carolina's father looks like a hard-case.   I don't see him letting his daughter go off with that buffoon.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 8

I found myself admiring Devar for his loyalty to his family.   It made me ask myself if maybe our own culture would be better off if more families pulled together like that.   This is a guy whose mother left the country when he was nine to go to America and send money home to support her family.  She's probably still doing it.   How can Melanie not GET that as an adult Devar sees it as his duty to do his part now?    Maybe she can order him to "STOP IT" like she did in the jewelry store.

I don't believe Melanie has any problem with Devar sending money to Jamaica, but I don't think she anticipated that it would be 90% of his income.  What happened to the children's fathers?  If the mother is sending home money to support her adult daughters and their kids, shouldn't his contribution be less?

• Love 6

I really dislike Loren and Melanie. To me, they seem like narcissists. It's like THEY wanted to get married because they wanted a HUSBAND. But it never occurred to them that they were marrying a real human being. In some cultures, the son is the one who supports the family. Melanie acted like she had never spoken to Devar about his family in Jamaica. If she knew Devar was supporting his family in Jamaica, why didn't they have the conversation of, "so Devar, when you come to the US, what will your family do? How will they live?"

With Loren and Alexei, it looked like he was very close with his family. Did they talk about what his leaving might mean to them? It just seemed from the show that Loren and Melanie were totally clueless, like they were surprised their fiancees actually had family and people other than them in their lives.

And Aleksandra, marry that nice young man from Angola, your dancing partner, let Josh find a nice Mormon girl who will fit right in to his life.

I completely agree about Melanie and Loren. We have been focusing in on Mark andNikki because of the huge age gap, but the truth is that these folks all want an accessory, not a person with thoughts and feelings of their own.The fact that they have needs is obnoxious to the Americans in this equation.

• Love 3

I don't believe Melanie has any problem with Devar sending money to Jamaica, but I don't think she anticipated that it would be 90% of his income.  What happened to the children's fathers?  If the mother is sending home money to support her adult daughters and their kids, shouldn't his contribution be less?

I googled "poverty in Jamaica" and decided it's not for me or Melanie or anyone else raised in the land of plenty to tell Devar how much he should or shouldn't be sending home.

• Love 12

If I were in Melanie's situation I would be calculating how much I could afford to send to Devar's family as well. That's just the kind of person I am. They don't really know each other that well and she probably never met his family to feel any bond with them to want to help out.

• Love 3

I googled "poverty in Jamaica" and decided it's not for me or Melanie or anyone else raised in the land of plenty to tell Devar how much he should or shouldn't be sending home.

Melanie would be a fool if she allows Devar to send 90% of his income to his sisters and their families in Jamaica, while keeping just 10% for their family.  

• Love 5

Loren is obnoxious beyond the scope of imagination. And I think that she brought herself a nice looking guy from Israel, just like someone would bring home a purse or trinket. Just like a purse or a trinket, she expects him to be shuffled into any space she deems acceptable. She is lacking so much self awareness that it is laughable. I do feel sorry for Alexei. Good luck, dude. You are another expensive thing that daddy had to pay for and she is NEVER GOING TO LET YOU FORGET IT.

Mark better watch out, because I really sense fangs behind Nicki's seemingly mild demeanor.I enjoyed his psychobabble session with her and the margaritas (?). Also, dude. If you keep landing these "dud" women from Cebu, maybe you're the problem.

Devar and Melanie's sisters? She really enjoys feeding him to the lions, doesn't she? I don't know what genius poster it was that said it, but now all I can see whenever I look at Bev is Jeremy Renner. Her sisters are way out of line. I know that at this point he really doesn't have anything to say to defend himself because he doesn't have a dime to his name, but I would have told them to go fuck themselves. They have no right to ask him about how many girlfriends he's had or anything of that nature, really. I wonder how many boyfriends Melanie has had post-marriage. Would it be appropriate for his mother to ask her? Would it be appropriate for her to question how many one night stands she's had in her life? To be fair, I will tell you that his sisters look plenty healthy and I think that they could earned a very good living and support themselves without his help. I understand that culturally it's probably something that is important to Devar, but his family has resting on their laurels long enough.

• Love 4

Alexandria is the one I hope makes a bolt for it

remember season one an older guy was dumped by his east european "fiancee"...they only showed their online courtship online episodes

cause it did not pan out, she stood him up

She needs to leave Rexburg and his nasty parents and passive aggressive boy man 

• Love 2

If I were in Melanie's situation I would be calculating how much I could afford to send to Devar's family as well. That's just the kind of person I am. They don't really know each other that well and she probably never met his family to feel any bond with them to want to help out.

Considering the amount of trips she took to see him I am certain she met his family. While the % may have shocked her, him wanting to send money home did not. More made up drama.

• Love 5

Considering the amount of trips she took to see him I am certain she met his family. While the % may have shocked her, him wanting to send money home did not. More made up drama.

I think you misunderstood, and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear! I mean if I were Melanie, I as Devar's wife would want to send money over too, as much as I could afford. I don't care if the amount shocked her and it could be Devar never introduced her to his family although that seems unlikely, it is possible. I would think that in her subsequent visits she would have stayed with him and met them all and all of that, if they were serious about each other.

Alexei and Loren - Poor Alexei, his family is falling apart and Loren is the one who needs to be consoled.  How dare his family ruin her life by missing their son?  I can hear Loren now "why is this happening to me?  I'm not a selfish bitch, am I?  I just want my beautiful wedding, I deserve it.  Besides, he's here with me now and I am all that he needs."

Melanie and Devar - I actually am starting to like Devar.  Liked him even more when he said that even if Melanie told him that he couldnt send money back home he would do it anyway.   Dont let that shrew and her evil sisters run all over you Devar!!!

Mark and Nikki - have they had sex yet?  Cause Mark seems asexual to me.

Fernando and Carolina - in what alternate universe are we living in that Fernando lands a babe like Carolina.  Is she blind.  What the hell?  

Josh and Alexxandra -  please go back to Poland.  You will be miserable with Josh in that small as judgemental town.

Edited by vmcd88
  • Love 5

Melanie would be a fool if she allows Devar to send 90% of his income to his sisters and their families in Jamaica, while keeping just 10% for their family.

This is one of those things that normal people discuss while they're dating, so they know where they both stand before they get married. I'm pretty sure that every time Melanie visited Jamaica, they mostly focused on going to the beach and having sex. I don't feel bad for Melanie. Like Loren, she brought home a "souvenir" from her vacation, without giving it much real thought. I actually hate Melanie more than Loren, because Melanie moved a strange man in with her child, to meet her own selfish needs. And it looks like she is already leaving them alone together. Mother of the year.

Loren sucks, but she's mostly just annoying her parents, who could have backed out of this living arrangement before it ever happened.

• Love 6

funkyrat, I'll have to check out the Hamburg Murphy's on my way to the Leesport Farmers Market! ;-) 'Cuz, ya know, it's COOL.

Yep - it's their COOL store.  :P

I stop in that vicinity for WaWa or Logan's.  Or the Port Clinton Peanut Shoppe - that's amazing stuff.  But I don't do Cabela's or any of that, so I've always passed up Murphy's.  Never been to Leesport because it's during the week, but I've been to Renninger's and after my debit card number got stolen in their ATM, I won't be back.  Besides, it was downright gross last time.  The smells were unbearable.

"Plus, Aleksandra was informed of what she'd be committing to as far as Mormonism is concerned and she still went forward with the engagement. I don't feel that bad for her."

There's a big difference between being Mormon and moving from a big, cosmopolitan city to a almost nothing town in Idaho. None of her complaints have been about being Mormon. She accepts the new way of life. The girl just wants to dance! :)

• Love 6

I would think that the staunch Mormons of Rexberg would be falling all over her, welcoming her, consider her as a "success" - a conversion from Josh's mission...

instead they all give her the stink eye, the dad is so stiff ad unfriendly the mom is meek...and wishy washy Josh is all too eager to agree that Alexandria is such a "bad" girl

I am surprised they don't get a big scarlet letter for her to wear? Run girl run

• Love 7

This is one of those things that normal people discuss while they're dating, so they know where they both stand before they get married. I'm pretty sure that every time Melanie visited Jamaica, they mostly focused on going to the beach and having sex. I don't feel bad for Melanie. Like Loren, she brought home a "souvenir" from her vacation, without giving it much real thought. I actually hate Melanie more than Loren

I agree- I think Melanie and Devar did very little to no actual relationship building. However, I think Loren and Alexei know each other better.

The Mormons of Rexburg are probably more welcoming than the cameras are showing us.

• Love 2

I don't think Melanie has learned much about Jamaican culture.  She thinks she's getting a good looking male with an accent that will step up and be a father figure (as she has said numerous times).  She's also assuming he's going to take over much of the financial burden and that they will split their living expenses 50-50.  She's certainly hasn't supported her extended family with 90% of her earnings - so she doesn't see why Devar is expected to.  People here don't expect to have to support their parents, siblings, nieces or nephews unless there is a death in the family. That's why grandparents raising grandchildren is considered unusual here. 

To me, if you want to come to the US and send 90% of your income back home.... stay single, living in an apartment with several friends. Don't get married and think your spouse is going to support you while you send 90% of your take home pay out of the country, and use the other 10% to buy whatever the heck you want. He thinks he doesn't have to contribute to rent, utilities, groceries, insurance, auto maintenance,clothing, retirement savings and other micsellanous expenses. 

I also think Devar has no concept of the amount of money that it takes to have a good life here... and that there isn't that much call for lifeguards in PA, and that the job isn't high paying.  Even if he wants to be a paramedic, there is schooling, costs, and so forth expected with that.  His first aid course isn't going to cut it. He's not going to get offered the first job he applies for.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6

I would think that the staunch Mormons of Rexberg would be falling all over her, welcoming her, consider her as a "success" - a conversion from Josh's mission...

instead they all give her the stink eye, the dad is so stiff ad unfriendly the mom is meek...and wishy washy Josh is all too eager to agree that Alexandria is such a "bad" girl

I am surprised they don't get a big scarlet letter for her to wear? Run girl run

He was supposed to convert them, not marry them. I guess.

• Love 2

Fernando/Carolina -- no words. He is so clearly full of shit I'm surprised he hasn't exploded. He didn't realize that the people at the K1 visa office would want to have proof of his divorce before he sent in the application? If he was serious, it would have been overnighted to the office and he would be calling to check on it. Instead he comes with "well there are a million Carolina's" and "maybe another 2 months" and when she gets upset "another month" and with her dad "well I don't know how much longer its going to take." I think he is jerking her around and I love that her dad hates him. A good father should be concerned for his daughters well-being, and Fernando trying to charm his way out of responsibility is ridiculous. I found it very interesting that when her dad asked Fernando what the future plans were and where they would live all Fernando said was that he "understands there are obstacles." Medellian looks beautiful, she really should stay there with friends and family who love her. I can't see how its poor because isn't that where Pablo Escobar was from? She is a pretty girl and sort of looks like Jessica Rabbit to me. She can do so much better than man boobs Fernando.

Medellin is not a rich city. Like most cities in Colombia (other than the capital Bogota), it has a few nice malls and a handful of neighborhoods where the rich and well to do people live. The rest are neighborhoods where people are struggling to get by with different levels of poverty, from lower middle class to a bunch of slums (favelas) where you'll never make it out alive.

Carolina's family lives in a lower middle class/poor neighborhood.

It was painfully obvious that Carolina's dad was disgusted by Fernando. He's such a pig. He's full of shit. He's shady. He's so full of himself. The only reason he allows him to date his daughter is because he can take her to America and give her a better future (though he loathes the guy). If Fernando was a local he would never in a million years allow the relationship. Age differences are not such a big deal in Colombia (a 17 year old girl with a 30 year old boyfriend is a-ok), but she's barely 20 and he's 40...

For local standards, Carolina is as pretty as Melanie is for American standards.

I hope Carolina is able to find a job fast so it will be easier to leave the pig or survive if he dies of a heart attack during sex. 

• Love 5

Medellin is not a rich city. Like most cities in Colombia (other than the capital Bogota), it has a few nice malls and a handful of neighborhoods where the rich and well to do people live. The rest are neighborhoods where people are struggling to get by with different levels of poverty, from lower middle class to a bunch of slums (favelas) where you'll never make it out alive.

Carolina's family lives in a lower middle class/poor neighborhood.

It was painfully obvious that Carolina's dad was disgusted by Fernando. He's such a pig. He's full of shit. He's shady. He's so full of himself. The only reason he allows him to date his daughter is because he can take her to America and give her a better future (though he loathes the guy). If Fernando was a local he would never in a million years allow the relationship. Age differences are not such a big deal in Colombia (a 17 year old girl with a 30 year old boyfriend is a-ok), but she's barely 20 and he's 40...

For local standards, Carolina is as pretty as Melanie is for American standards.

I hope Carolina is able to find a job fast so it will be easier to leave the pig or survive if he dies of a heart attack during sex. 

That makes sense, because I kept feeling like Carolina's dad wanted to say something but was barely holding himself back.

The walk up apartment/condo looked nice to me, the outside looked freshly painted.  But I'm easy to please, so who knows.  It sounds like she had her own place and her own job.

I think Carolina is very pretty, but not in a traditional sort of way.  She gives me a Jessica Rabbit vibe, like her face is simple, but pretty....to me.  Melanie on the other hand, is a total butterface.  I would wager that she has always been the prettiest sister though.

I hope it works out for Carolina and that she meets someone better when she actually gets to the States.  Of course, I'm certain Fernando's mother will start working to chip away whatever self esteem Carolina has as soon as she can.  Gosh, just talking about this makes me feel so sorry for her.  Fernando will play mind games with her, and she will be stuck all day in a house with his naggy harpy of a mother being told how lucky she is Fernando picked her out of the thousands of Carolina's that he had available and how she should be grateful to be able to eat meat and how if she makes one wrong move they will send her packing back to Colombia.  

• Love 1

That makes sense, because I kept feeling like Carolina's dad wanted to say something but was barely holding himself back.

The walk up apartment/condo looked nice to me, the outside looked freshly painted.  But I'm easy to please, so who knows.  It sounds like she had her own place and her own job.

I think Carolina is very pretty, but not in a traditional sort of way.  She gives me a Jessica Rabbit vibe, like her face is simple, but pretty....to me.  Melanie on the other hand, is a total butterface.  I would wager that she has always been the prettiest sister though.

I hope it works out for Carolina and that she meets someone better when she actually gets to the States.  Of course, I'm certain Fernando's mother will start working to chip away whatever self esteem Carolina has as soon as she can.  Gosh, just talking about this makes me feel so sorry for her.  Fernando will play mind games with her, and she will be stuck all day in a house with his naggy harpy of a mother being told how lucky she is Fernando picked her out of the thousands of Carolina's that he had available and how she should be grateful to be able to eat meat and how if she makes one wrong move they will send her packing back to Colombia.  

Apparently, the apartment she's been living in has been provided by Fernando. It's very low middle class. It's ugly on the outside and unfinished (but you can see that a lot in certain areas). The inside is very random. Pretty basic. Nothing fancy.

What was all that huffin' and puffin'? For just a flight of stairs?! He needs to get a grip on his health! (ETA: Although Medellin, pronounced Medejean and not Medeleeen, is located on a mountain, it is NOT high enough for soroche/altitude sickness to set in).

I feel for her. Not only is she going to wake up next to that pig every morning, she's going to have to deal with his mom and dad too. I think he'll be very jealous and controlling of her. I hope she'll be able to get independent fast and find someone who is right for her.

Edited by Nutella
  • Love 2

Apparently, the apartment she's been living in has been provided by Fernando. It's very low middle class. It's ugly on the outside and unfinished (but you can see that a lot in certain areas). The inside is very random. Pretty basic. Nothing fancy.

What was all that huffin' and puffin'? For just a flight of stairs?! He needs to get a grip on his health!

I feel for her. Not only is she going to wake up next to that pig every morning, she's going to have to deal with his mom and dad too. I think he'll be very jealous and controlling of her. I hope she'll be able to get independent fast and find someone who is right for her.

I don't believe him, unless someone else confirms (besides his mommy).  I believe he has straight up lied about his parents "living with him" so I don't put it beyond him to lie about financially providing for Carolina.

I think his mom is going to chip away at her soul, so I hope she can escape before its too late.  He will probably try to get her pregnant ASAP so she can never leave him and he can continue to have them live in his parents house while he does whatever "business" he has and cheat on her.  I sincerely hope she can find better, because I really think she can do better.  But I think almost any 22 year old can do better than a 40 year old who has man boobs and lives with mommy and daddy.

I don't believe him, unless someone else confirms (besides his mommy).  I believe he has straight up lied about his parents "living with him" so I don't put it beyond him to lie about financially providing for Carolina.

I think his mom is going to chip away at her soul, so I hope she can escape before its too late.  He will probably try to get her pregnant ASAP so she can never leave him and he can continue to have them live in his parents house while he does whatever "business" he has and cheat on her.  I sincerely hope she can find better, because I really think she can do better.  But I think almost any 22 year old can do better than a 40 year old who has man boobs and lives with mommy and daddy.

Oh for sure, I don't think that he allowed his parents to move in with him - he's still living with his parents. Free of charge. 

I can see him lie about providing for Carolina too - however I think she/her family would demand financial support until she could come to Florida. Apartments like hers, in so-so areas rent for 100-130 USD a month, plus another 60 USD for electricity/gas/water and 200-300 USD for food, cellphone and other misc stuff. It's not that much, especially if he's not paying rent or bills at his parents.

There is absolutely zero chemistry between the two. No real attraction. It's a really strange relationship.

I can see why you that about his mom. She won't be kind to Carolina. And yeah - if he manages to get her pregnant - he'll have control over her body and her life. Even if she'll leave him, she'll be tied to him for at least 18 years. I pray she's smart enough to be on birth control and bring plenty with her from Colombia.

• Love 2

I personally doubt that Carolina will ever come to the US.

I have my doubts too, Fernando said his marriage was 15 years ago.  Mark was able to get the K1 with no problem, so why is there such a holdup with Fernando's?  Its not like the divorce was so recent that they were waiting for the ink to dry....

Devar is nearing the cutoff age for employment as a resort employee. I am sure his sisters are facing it too. In fact, I was told that the majority of the jobs go to the under 30-somethings. So, the seriousness of his situation weighs in heavily on his decisions. 

• Love 5

I have my doubts too, Fernando said his marriage was 15 years ago.  Mark was able to get the K1 with no problem, so why is there such a holdup with Fernando's?  Its not like the divorce was so recent that they were waiting for the ink to dry....

He probably didn't submit the complete paperwork or made mistakes with the forms. I also doubt he told her family how long it could realistically take. 

Her family also seems extremely preoccupied with the visa process, more than with their actual relationship, future together, marriage or anything else.

• Love 2

Carolina's apartment seemed perfectly fine and middle-class to me, but I don't know which comuna she lives in. I am more familiar with other Latin American countries to gauge wealth by.

I think Fernando's deliberately witholding something from his divorce to get the K-1 approved. or the divorce was never final. He's keeping Carolina at arm's length for a reason.

• Love 1

What was all that huffin' and puffin'? For just a flight of stairs?! He needs to get a grip on his health! (ETA: Although Medellin, pronounced Medejean and not Medeleeen, is located on a mountain, it is NOT high enough for soroche/altitude sickness to set in).

I feel for her. Not only is she going to wake up next to that pig every morning, she's going to have to deal with his mom and dad too.

If he's huffing like that over one flight of stairs, he's probably near-death during intimacy.

Querida Carolina, it's not worth it.

Carolina's apartment seemed perfectly fine and middle-class to me, but I don't know which comuna she lives in. I am more familiar with other Latin American countries to gauge wealth by.

I think Fernando's deliberately witholding something from his divorce to get the K-1 approved. or the divorce was never final. He's keeping Carolina at arm's length for a reason.

For Colombian standards, it's definitely very low middle class. Definitely popular. I don't know about neighboring countries, I can only speak for Colombia.

Something was definitely shady with the hold up of the visa, as well as him not having been there for a year? He lives in Miami, shopping around smartly can easily get you a two way ticket for 250... If you're very savvy, you can probably get it for wayyyy less.

If he's huffing like that over one flight of stairs, he's probably near-death during intimacy.

On the bright side, he probably doesn't last longer than 20 seconds.

Edited by Nutella
  • Love 2

I think at first Fernando wanted to marry Carolina and bring her here, and wanted to do 90 Day Fiance, and all was going well, and then he woke up one day and realized that he made an adult choice he wasn't ready for and now he's stalling but the cameras are rolling and time is passing whether he likes it or not. So he's being shitty and hoping she'll make it easy on him and call it off. Just my guess.

• Love 1

I agree, I trust Fernando and his slick talk about as far as I could throw him and I am not a weightlifter.

I feel like having to show proof of divorce would be a pretty basic thing on a K1 form, it shouldn't be any great surprise and if I were in the position of applying for one with a divorce I would make it a point to ask if someone needed proof that I was free to get married again.

I wouldn't assume she wants to have sex with him for any extended period of time.

Shades of the parable of Fatty Arbuckle......

Or perhaps thats her plan....I've watched Investigation Discovery....death by sex?  Crafty!

Her family also seems extremely preoccupied with the visa process, more than with their actual relationship, future together, marriage or anything else.

That's so true. They are all over the visa process and how long it's taking. Though they were hard on Fernando they seemed to care more about when the visa would come in than anything.

Unless you live in a big city in PA, often times paramedic jobs are volunteer, or part-time so they pay very little.  Most fire companies are the same way, unless you are in a city where you have a full-time fire department.  I know people who are paramedics but they also work other jobs.  We have a huge aging population here, so he would do well to study to be a nurses aide or assistant or something along those lines.  They'd cover his schooling in exchange for him working for them for a set amount if time.

• Love 2

I don't see anything wrong with her parents being concerned with the visa. She can't go forward with wedding planning or anything else until she knows she's approved, and the visa's a pretty big thing. Especially is Fernando is being so shady.

• Love 2