Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 10/12/15

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Mon 10/12/15: 

New York Comic Con with actors Clark Gregg and Chloe Bennet; actors Olivia Wilde and Luke Wilson; America Ballet Theatre principal dancer Misty Copeland.

Tue 10/13/15: 

Whoopi Goldberg's new book ``If Someone Says You Complete Me, RUN!: Whoopi's Big Book of Relationships''; actors Alan Menken, Scott Weinger, Linda Larkin, Gilbert Gottfried, and Jonathan Freeman (``Aladdin'').

Wed 10/14/15:

Author Joe Zee (``That's What Fashion Is: Lessons and Stories from My Nonstop, Mostly Glamorous Life in Style''); actor Tom Hiddleston.

Thu 10/15/15:

Whoopi Goldberg's daughter, Alex Martin Dean; actor Matthew Broderick.

Fri 10/16/15: 

Author Ann Coulter (``Adios, America''); actor Alan Alda (``Bridge of Spies'').

I am going to say I am doubtful anyone could intimidate Joy.  I hope I am right!  Bill O'Reilly didn't and he is a bully too.  Why is Whoopi's daughter going to be on?  She has never said anything interesting on the show.

• Love 5

I am going to say I am doubtful anyone could intimidate Joy.  I hope I am right!  Bill O'Reilly didn't and he is a bully too.  Why is Whoopi's daughter going to be on?  She has never said anything interesting on the show.

She's either peddling something or The Whoopster wants her to make some money "of her own".  LOL.

• Love 7

At least Whoopie's daughter isn't going to be a cohost again. That was when they were really scrapping the bottom of the barrel. For awhile, It was practically "Here's Sherri's second cousin from Odenton, Maryland hosting today because it's Maryland Day! Which even Marylanders don't care about! Let's talk about it!" Of course, maybe that's how they found Michele.

• Love 5

Coulter is a grade-A bully. I hope Joy isn't intimidated.

Ann Coulter won't intimidate Joy at all.  Ann used to visit Joy's HLN show and, even though they have different philosophies, they actually get along pretty well and make interesting TV together.  From the looks of it, this may be the highlight of the week!

Ooooooo, I love me some Clark Gregg, but if they do just a remote from Comic Con (as I suspect they will), it'll be just wasted time.

• Love 3

Why is Whoopi's daughter going to be on?  She has never said anything interesting on the show.

Maybe that daughter's reality show is FINALLY about to air?

Yes, Whoopi was on Jimmy Fallon Friday night pimping it.   I laughed at that because it's on a channel I've never heard of, at 10:00pm on a Sunday.  From what I've seen of her on this show, I agree - she never has anything interesting to say.  Hardly enough to make me miss Homeland, The Affair, The Good Wife, The Leftovers, or John Oliver - all shows I watch and all on Sunday nights between 9-12.    Somehow I don't think Bravo has anything to worry about, LOL

Looks like at least two of Whoopi's four shows are all about her side jobs this week.  Books she put her name on, twenty five year old Disney movie, and her daughter's 'reality' show, a.k.a. an attempt to get her off Whoopi's payroll after 40+ years. I can't tell if it's because this show lacks the ability to book good guests or this is something to appease Whoopi. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

Didn't Whoopi mention that her daughter married, divorced and re-married the same guy 3 or 4 times?  And Whoopi has a crazy relationship history.  And she's writing a book on this subject matter?  

I think its supposed to be funny/comedy.

"According to Alex" is on Centric.

http://www.centrictv.com/videos/according-to-alex/season-1/exclusives/according-to-alex-preview.html

(auto-play website)

Only 6 episodes.

http://www.centrictv.com/shows/according-to-alex/news/2015/according-to-alex-premieres-on-centric-fall-2015.html

Centric was formerly "BET on Jazz", rebranded a few years ago (2009), is buried in the digital cable channels, shows endless reruns of Family Feud, Steve Harvey, My Wife And Kids, Family Matters, as well as videos and movies.  And a handful of new reality shows. TVByTheNumbers cites that Centric is in 52M homes, covering 44% of the USA (pretty far down the list -- #94 -- just under HallmarkMystery but more than Logo)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/02/22/list-of-how-many-homes-each-cable-network-is-in-as-of-february-2015/366230/

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 1

Did you guys see Whoopie's interaction with Paula? She really hates her....I believe those rumors about Whoopie's dislike of her to be true...It can't be said enough, but I really miss Joy..She is truly a ray of sunshine on this dreary show....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15

Not to defend Whoopi.... but Paula was acting like a dumbass..... Whoopi was criticizing Trump and Paula was trying to derail her by pointing out that Kanye West was running.... and Whoopi said that Kanye campaign was not real.... and Paula questioned that Kanye is not real??

Whoopi was quite aggravated..... seems Paula knows where the buttons are to push.

-----------------------------------------------------

Please someone explain to me... They have a guest on to promote their show..... and the first thing they want to talk about is their kids...... She was pregnant when she was on the show last.... so lets spend the first part of the interview about kids..... pregnancy is not some special accomplishment... people have kids every single day.

• Love 9
Whoopi Goldberg's new book ``If Someone Says You Complete Me, RUN!: Whoopi's Big Book of Relationships''

Seriously? The woman who says all she needs is a vibrator? The woman with three divorces? The woman who can't stand to be disagreed with on anything?  She's hawking a relationship book?

Man. Sherri's diet books. Whoopi's relationship book. What's next, Elisabeth's book on historical politics? Jenny's book on science? Why do they attach their names to books about things they spend an hour each day telling us they know nothing about?

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 23

Ann Coulter won't intimidate Joy at all.  Ann used to visit Joy's HLN show and, even though they have different philosophies, they actually get along pretty well and make interesting TV together.  From the looks of it, this may be the highlight of the week!

I haven't started watching but it will be Misty Copeland for me!!!

(Follwed by Matthew Broderick and Alan Alda!!)

eta: did Whoopi just have a ching-chong moment referring to Kim Jong Il?  Or just me?

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 3

Not to defend Whoopi.... but Paula was acting like a dumbass..... Whoopi was criticizing Trump and Paula was trying to derail her by pointing out that Kanye West was running.... and Whoopi said that Kanye campaign was not real.... and Paula questioned that Kanye is not real??

Whoopi was quite aggravated..... seems Paula knows where the buttons are to push.

-----------------------------------------------------

Please someone explain to me... They have a guest on to promote their show..... and the first thing they want to talk about is their kids...... She was pregnant when she was on the show last.... so lets spend the first part of the interview about kids..... pregnancy is not some special accomplishment... people have kids every single day.

Perhaps, I am being mean today, but I had no problem with Paula needling Whoopie..She had no problems doing it to Rosie for so long..Now it is time that she realizes that not everybody is enamored of her...

• Love 12

I don't think any of them like Paula.

I do like Paula... some of my favorite people have a dumbass side to them.

The most snarkworthy part of Paula is how she asks softball questions to political guests and blindly supports them during discussions.

• Love 4

My gosh, Misty Copeland is exquisite. She is perfection. I first developed my girl crush when she was a guest judge on SYTYCD. Smart, talented, gorgeous. The woman has no faults.

Michelle needs to dial back the blue eyeshadow. It's really distracting.

• Love 6

I am disgusted with whomever let this show become the Whoopi Hour. She has ruined the show. Come on people, show some guts and intelligence. Do your job and don't let Whoopi bully you.

In comparing Trump and Kanye, Paula's just toeing the GOP line. No way do they want Trump to be their nominee. Trump and Kanye are alike in that they're both ridiculous, vain and not at all presidential material.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 10

One of the only topics that Whoopi is perfectly eloquent and appreciably spot on about for me is a woman's right to choose.  I feel bad that I missed Kasich last week to see if she challenged him, that also must have been the show of Raven's stoopid remark about ethnic names.

It is sort of fun to see Paula rile Whoopi up because Paula doesn't back down.

Misty Copeland, what an amazing talent.

• Love 9

I have recently started DVRing this show again after stopping watching when Bits made me cray.

Whoopi is annoying, but imo nothing compared to Bits and Candace, so I pick my battles. I only half watch the show as background noise so I can come here and enjoy the great posts.

• Love 2

Ooooooo, I love me some Clark Gregg, but if they do just a remote from Comic Con (as I suspect they will), it'll be just wasted time.

Joy is the only one I have seen who is able to deal with Coulter and use humor while doing it.  Her interviews are the only time I can stand listening to Coulter, too.

• Love 5

Makes me wonder what Ann Coulter is like in her real life.  I've read (but can't confirm) that she is good friends with well known liberal Bill Maher.  Someone I know knows someone who dated Rush Limbaugh for a while when he was between wives and she said "he is much different in real life".  Well, if Ann is like that too, that to me is dangerous in that they get people agitated about things they don't even care that much about.  All for $$$.  

• Love 8

Whoopi sent me to the edge today.

First she says no need to even think about the elections until perhaps feb/mar/ or apr. She totally forgot about those pesky primaries in states starting as early as Feb 1.

And STFU and stop lecturing - "look at me, look at me, follow me" to Paula. Outrageously condescending.

Then WG's "ching chong" moment.

Raven said of the baseball thing "it was a scorpion" according to "my people." HER PEOPLE? I've heard it called several terms this morning - one being "take out slide." But not by "my people." I guess I should pause now and take time to pout about it..........

Ok, I'm back. Then Michelle says "all the girls in congress have photos of Paul Ryan on their desks." Really - all.....girls....?

• Love 8

Makes me wonder what Ann Coulter is like in her real life.  I've read (but can't confirm) that she is good friends with well known liberal Bill Maher.  Someone I know knows someone who dated Rush Limbaugh for a while when he was between wives and she said "he is much different in real life".  Well, if Ann is like that too, that to me is dangerous in that they get people agitated about things they don't even care that much about.  All for $$$.  

well, Rush L once defended his own lies by saying that his show was not 'NEWS' it was 'entertainment', so he didn't have to be truthful.   I wonder if Coulter has a similar take - kind of like, i'm not a real asshole, I just play one on TV. 

• Love 10

WTH was the purpose of that trip to ComicCon?  I think Whoopi, the attention whore, is so thirsty for public adulation that she actually decided to walk around a massive convention center and wait for the crowds to go crazy and swarm her.  Haha, from what i observed nobody really cared or lost their sh*t over her.  If they had, they would have edited together some rock star/Hard Day's Night piece to stroke her ego.

• Love 7

WTH was the purpose of that trip to ComicCon?  I think Whoopi, the attention whore, is so thirsty for public adulation that she actually decided to walk around a massive convention center and wait for the crowds to go crazy and swarm her.  Haha, from what i observed nobody really cared or lost their sh*t over her.  If they had, they would have edited together some rock star/Hard Day's Night piece to stroke her ego.

I don't know the show, but The Whoopster said she was dying to be on it.  She spent some time with the cast at ComicCon, so mission successful.

• Love 1

I usually can't stand whoopi, but Paula is an annoying calmer version of Elizabeth. She has that condescending look and judgmental, and stupid logic that the extreme right wing had.

The fax that she belongs to a

Party where 70% would vote for Trump, says it all!

I'm always glad when Whoppi shuts her up!

Is Michelle Collins transgender? Her voice and look are of someone who's is in transition.

Edited by marmalade
  • Love 2

I don't know the show, but The Whoopster said she was dying to be on it.  She spent some time with the cast at ComicCon, so mission successful.

It was Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.  And it's an ABC show, so she really didn't have to show up there to speak with the producers.  A role on something like that would be pretty easy for her to secure.  She knew the Trekkies would be there and was expecting them to go nuts over her.  Her role on Star Trek was hardly legendary.  

• Love 2

I usually can't stand whoopi, but Paula is an annoying calmer version of Elizabeth. She has that condescending look and judgmental, and stupid logic that the extreme right wing had.

The fax that she belongs to a

Party where 70% would vote for Trump, says it all!

I'm always glad when Whoppi shuts her up!

Is Michelle Collins transgender? Her voice and look are of someone who's is in transition.

No, Michelle is not transgender...I just did not like Whoopie's condescending tone of voice, I get a kick  out of seeing someone rattle the movie stah..For too long she had the whole panel scared and intimidated by her so-called greatness....Plus, Paula saw what Nicole's asskissing got her, she now has her job...lol Speaking of Nicole, I saw her on Wendy's show and she  seemed really hurt and disappointed with her exit from the show...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

This is Whoopis thing now, huh? Asking if she can be on other shows. When the guy said "you're so busy", she said, "not as busy as you think".

Maybe it's me, but she sounds kind of desperate, like she needs a new job.

YAY!!  Fingers crossed!  LOL  Hire that woman and get her off this show!!

• Love 8

This is Whoopis thing now, huh? Asking if she can be on other shows. When the guy said "you're so busy", she said, "not as busy as you think".

Maybe it's me, but she sounds kind of desperate, like she needs a new job.

Whoopie is always begging for a job..It is off-putting, not to mention she puts these people in an awkward position....

• Love 5

You need to watch just to see Paula messing with Whoopie....lol...I wish that I was at ABC studios when she had her meltdown about being a slave...lol...Speaking in a slave dialect and calling herself the N word and muttering incessantly, it is a 12 years a Whoopie... lol

• Love 5

In my opinion, The Whoopster thinks that by publicly asking to work on a show, she's going to get all her adoring fans writing the show to put her on & that's not happening.  I think she's lost her pride & doesn't realize how foolish she looks & how humiliating it appears.  (I wonder if ABC got her on SUV just to shut her up!!??)

• Love 4

Tomorrow looks like a good skip day to me. 

With all this Whoopi publicity, could it be that Whoopi is actually on her way out and the ABC people have agreed to allow her to exit gracefully - telling her that they'd let her promote all her projects on air and allow her to say this is all her decision, topped off by a huge going away party? (Instead of getting the bum's rush?)

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 5

I'm not a fan of Paula's sanctimony or her passive-aggressive judgmental attitude, but I love the fact that she isn't ruffled by "The Captain of the Ship." Whoopi's fury needs to be screen capped because she was PISSED when Paula challenged her on Kanye/Trump. As much as I don't like her, I hope Paula sticks around because I like Whoopi less and I find it enjoyable to see Whoopi humbled.

Edited by Fatkat
  • Love 12

I'm not a fan of Paula's sanctimony or her passive-aggressive judgmental attitude, but I love the fact that she isn't ruffled by "The Captain of the Ship." Whoopi's fury needs to be screen capped because she was PISSED when Paula challenged her on Kanye/Trump. As much as I don't like her, I hope Paula sticks around because I like Whoopi less and I find it enjoyable to see Whoopi humbled.

And while Paula's comment was stupid, you could tell she was pushing Whoopi's buttons, and Whoopi took the bait.  She was pissed!  And then she caught herself. But before she did, she was angry and reprimanding Paula, and telling her to look at Whoopi, like looking at Whoopi would help make sense of what she says.  Paula didn't back down, and did the whole, I have my eyes on you bit.  It was a telling exchange for these two.

• Love 8

Maybe Paula knows her job is safe and Whoopi's is not. Whoopi made her displeasure of having to be on the View crystal clear and now that she might finally be leaving I think she is thinking "Oh shit what do I do now" She makes a lot of money working there. That is going to be hard to replace.

• Love 6