Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Say what?!  Michael threw Tracy out of her home?  This is why I haven't watched so much as a clip, let alone an episode since Sonny was shot.  I have zero interest in Michael Corinthos - SLS indeed.

To be fair, I also have zero interest in Lulu/Dillon/Valerie/Dante, whether Sonny/Carly get married, Liz going down in flames and any other related fall out from the Jason reveal.

ETA - I also don't care about Franco/Nina and their love story for the ages or where Kiki will live.  It pretty much leaves me without a reason to watch.  You guys, on the other hand, are a great reason to stick around here.

This is how I feel nothing I've read the new writers have said has made me want to tune in.Nothing is enticing me to tune in at all.

• Love 3

The show is better already compared to the last few months of Ron's crappiness. I liked that there was a lot of movement - people going into different scenes, not talking to one person for the whole hour. And the twist with Sabrina and Valerie's bags getting switched was actually kind of brillaint. It gives traction to both stories.

I'm just relieved we're not in for a baby switch. Or baby sandwich or babies with green eggs and ham.

Is Michael wearing black to show that he's back in Sonny's world?

I don't know, but he looks good, so he should just keep dressing in black.

Which reminds me - when he overheard her, he assumed or she lied that her comment about a pregnancy was about a patient.  So does that mean the AJ Quartermaine Memorial Clinic is open off-screen?

I thought it was rather douchey.  It's Sabrina's home, they've established that she and Tracy are friends, Tracy came over there to see if she was okay since she missed their breakfast date, etc.  The whole thing rubbed me the wrong way, maybe because it's something Sonny and Carly would totally do.

to the first question - guess so.

I don't know, I've seen a lot of Quartermaines throw people out of houses. To be fair, most of the time it was their own house, but still. I think that trait is both nurture and nature.

He wasn't just pantless for 20 minutes. Julian had to sit on a bed doing a manspread that would knock out three subway seats. I looked at that and thought You're earning your keep the hard way today, WdV.

oh my God. I am cackling.

Edited by ulkikis
  • Love 2

Well, not strictly true. I don't think I constantly ask. Yes, it's true, I've been on the Barge since Laura left last summer. But I've stated that I will only watch those scenes with Laura when Genie returns. And I am dvring the show, and knew I wouldn't be able to watch last night because I had a function to attend. Which is why I asked what Laura said.

I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing or calling you out, and I apologize if it came across that way. I was just using your question as a jumping off point to (attempt to) make a joke about my inexplicable inability to stop watching a show that makes me so insane so often. And the "constantly" was not a reference to you but to "everyone," and was a poor word choice. Just a terribly written post by me, all around!

Speaking of bugs-keep your eyes on that hourglass. Someone else mentioned it on Twitter, and I am thinking the same thing. La Q doesn't just give gifts like that out of the blue. Can I hope and pray that Tracy took a page out of Sam's book, and "bugged" it? Because I really want her to be more savvy. Not that I think we have to get rid of Paul. If we have to keep Julian and Ava, two of the worst character this show has ever seen, and we'll never be rid of Sonny-why can't we keep Paul, at least for a little while? I can't imagine Burgi wants to stick around forever, but for as long as he's willing. Paul and Tracy are witty and fun. He'll have to be whitewashed a *wee* bit, but not too much. Just for the Sloane thing. The Sonny thing, eh, who cares? Sonny will live, and Sonny crying out for justice is just ridiculous. Surely even the new writers know that.

• Love 1

It wasn't! It was Susan someone and another woman. (Sorry, I don't have the recording anymore to check.)

I think her name is Flynn. Well good job Susan Flynn. The other name you're thinking of is probably Elizabeth Korte, she's always there, she's the continuity checker or something like that. 

• Love 1

So Dante thinks that Olivia is right to keep Leo from Julian because of the mob but is totes OK with Sonny raising Avery.

He likes Olivia and Leo better than Avery and Sonny. :) Or maybe he just doesn't want him mom barging in all the time, so he's encouraging her to live in Brooklyn.

But seriously, in the case of Avery, I think it's more that he thinks Ava is worse than Sonny, and it's not like there's any other option for Avery at this point with Ava out in the open. 

Speaking of them I liked Dante saying they should discuss all the options over with Lulu. I think I'll feel the worst for Olivia when shit hits the fan with them, she's like their adult nagging annoying kid, heh.

Edited by ulkikis

Wow.  Tracy needs to have the attitude of he's not worth it and let whatever happens happen.  It would be nice if the writers tried to play it like he's an ass to Tracy because he doesn't want to be around AJ's family because it makes him feel like a shit person but I think they are just playing Michael as the SLS that I guess he will always be.

What's this depth of character and layers of emotion you're suggesting?  

Dear Lulu and Dante: YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF YOUR BOX OF A HOME, before you think of having second babies!!

They can just install a nice 3 level bunk bed in the loft there.  

• Love 3

Uh Olivia honey, why are you walking around in the open, on Julian's floor no less, with that baby in your arms.  Girlfriend wanted to get caught.  

Why did Lulu say she was going to talk to her OB?  Wasn't her problem that she can't carry a baby to term?  Isn't that why they used a surogate in the first place? 

Not sure how I feel about the pregnancy test/licorice mix up.  Part of me thinks it's corny but the other part of me thinks it's an interesting way to advance the story (with Dante confronting Valerie).;  And if this means Val isn't pregnant but that it's all a mix up, I'm all for it.  

So Sabrina has taken about 10 tests, all positive and is keeping them in a box.  Why?  Because she's in denial?  Because she hopes if she takes enough of them that they'll start being negative?  I thought for sure she was going to confide in Tracy and I really wish she had.   I also wish she would have smacked Michael for being so disrespectful of Tracy.   

Why did Lulu say she was going to talk to her OB?  Wasn't her problem that she can't carry a baby to term?  Isn't that why they used a surogate in the first place? 

That was originally the problem.  But after they got Ben back, Dante and Lulu had a very boring summer arc where, oops, it turned out there was a procedure that would allow Lulu to carry a baby to term after all.  That's why they were horrified at Crichton-Clark when Stavros tried to implant his embryo into her.

The problem now is supposed to be that they only have the one embryo because her time in Stavros' freezer messed up her eggs.

Why did Lulu say she was going to talk to her OB?

Probably just to be on the safe side. I didn't think that was a dumb thing for Lulu to do, especially because it's only now something Lulu and Date are going to pursue. ETA: And what TeeVee329 wrote.

if this means Val isn't pregnant but that it's all a mix up, I'm all for it.

Emphasis mine. No one is hoping for this more than I am.

Edited by dubbel zout

So Sabrina has taken about 10 tests, all positive and is keeping them in a box.  Why?  Because she's in denial?  Because she hopes if she takes enough of them that they'll start being negative?  

I think she just really, really wanted to make sure she was really pregnant. I think they were just in a box so she/the actress could more easily put it away than scrabble to gather them all up when Tracy knocked at the door.

He wasn't just pantless for 20 minutes. Julian had to sit on a bed doing a manspread that would knock out three subway seats. I looked at that and thought You're earning your keep the hard way today, WdV.

So I came home today at shortly after 4pm Toronto time, and I time shifted GH.  MMMM good day- shirtless Julian check,  horney Dante check and then my DH comes home.  Apparently there is something more important on the TV here in Toronto  ;)  "Its a Dante day " I scream.  Now I am going to make my DH watch the baseball game shirtless and pantless!!!!

Edited by Blackie
  • Love 2

I am so over Julian/WvD having his clothes off and today's scenes were just nasty, not sexy in the least.

I am sick of babies, except for those cutie pies that play Avery!

Is Dante hoping having two kids with Lulu will make her less likely to leave him if she finds out he fucked Val?

I doubt they will have Sabrina have another miscarriage so I guess we're getting another stupid baby story.

Is Dante hoping having two kids with Lulu will make her less likely to leave him if she finds out he fucked Val?

I had to laugh when Lulu asked him if he wanted another kid as another apology for Valerie. That's kind of overshooting. She thinks it was just a kiss.

Edited by dubbel zout

I liked this ep. I think I've pretty much liked this whole week actually. I hate myself.

I ended up fast forwarding the Dante/Lulu scenes though because Dante just sucks now and it makes me sad.

Dillon's outburst was the funniest thing I've seen in weeks. So, so bad. I loved it!

I actually really like Dillon and Maxie's chemistry. I loved GQ, but whatever, I don't care, I enjoy them.

Michael needs to be punched. Tracy, cut your losses and let him go. But I'm with ulkis, he is just really hot currently. Dammit!

Oh, I fast forwarded the Julian/Alexis scenes too because I just can't with the second-hand embarrassment they give me. They make me so uncomfortable.

RP is coming off like he thinks he's hot shit now that he learned how to remember lines. You still suck, buddy.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

So Sabrina has taken about 10 tests, all positive and is keeping them in a box.  Why? 

Sabrina's not the sharpest tool in the Home Depot. She may think she can get her money back if she's not pregnant. 

Michael was so gross today.  I really, really hope some mystery spawn of AJ's from a drunken night he never remembered shows up so the Q's can have someone else to pin their hopes on.  Someone who doesn't worship at the altar of the man who murdered his father.

• Love 11

Not sure how I feel about the pregnancy test/licorice mix up.  Part of me thinks it's corny but the other part of me thinks it's an interesting way to advance the story (with Dante confronting Valerie).;  And if this means Val isn't pregnant but that it's all a mix up, I'm all for it.  

Re Lulu talking to her OB, could be a preliminary checkup to make sure everything is working properly.  But, even if it is, she will still need the intervention of an OB-GYN to prepare her body to accept the embryo and to insert the embryo.

Please may this is the sign that Valerie is NOT pregnant!! 

I actually really like Dillon and Maxie's chemistry. I loved GQ, but whatever, I don't care, I enjoy them.

I mean it could be good, if they deal with it. And then it could be even better if they bring back Georgie! Of course I can't imagine OG Georgie with this guy but maybe.

I had to laugh when Lulu asked him if he wanted another kid as another apology for Valerie. That's kind of overshooting. She thinks it was just a kiss.

I dunno. They kinda are writing like she's in denial, but since it's not as melodramatic as it is if she has no! suspicion! whatsoever! they will probably do the latter. But yeah I do think it is more guilt than him hoping it will keep her from leaving him if she finds out. Although honestly I don't think either are a huge factor in his mindset now. Just in a "yolo" mood cause Sonny got shot, which is not a great reason to have a baby either.

Michael needs to be punched. Tracy, cut your losses and let him go. But I'm with ulkis, he is just really hot currently. Dammit!

Well, Tracy did give an alternate reason why she wants to be on his good side - that he still has the biggest share of ELQ.

• Love 4
Although honestly I don't think either are a huge factor in his mindset now. Just in a "yolo" mood cause Sonny got shot, which is not a great reason to have a baby either.

Agree, but at least that would have been the better question to ask.

I mean it could be good, if they deal with it. And then it could be even better if they bring back Georgie! Of course I can't imagine OG Georgie with this guy but maybe.

As long as Georgie is alive and not paired with Spinbitch, I don't care who they pair her with.  

• Love 1

Dillon's outburst was the funniest thing I've seen in weeks. So, so bad. I loved it!

YES. I've watched it at LEAST 4 times and I haven't regretted it. I'm pretty sure this was ripped from a Dawson's Creek script circa Season 3.

"We didn't finish filming this scene because you brought it to a SCREECHING halt when you came BARGING in and RIPPED me out of the moment. You didn't realize we were filming!? Are you that oblivious or do you just not care!? I mean, what is it with you people? You just roam around and do whatever makes you feel good, whatever makes you happy, right? The hell with the people you hurt in the process! Whatever! Everybody take a lunch...I NEED A BREAK!"

• Love 2

re: Dillon's movie, but that Jamey Giddens actually had a good idea - Dillon should have come to town to make Molly's book into a script. I don't know if it would have added anything much but that would have been a neat tie-in.

• Love 4
I doubt they will have Sabrina have another miscarriage so I guess we're getting another stupid baby story.

I'm torn.  On the one hand, Sabrina already had a devestating miscarriage, so she is owed a live baby.  On the other, it's another godammned Corinthos spawn to further shit up the canvas.

Can't we have a retcon where it turns out that Sabrina had twins the first time around and the surviving one shows back up again?  It can turn out to be Avery, I'm not fussy.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2

I'm torn.  On the one hand, Sabrina already had a devestating miscarriage, so she is owed a live baby.  On the other, it's another godammned Corinthos spawn to further shit up the canvas.

Can't we have a retcon where it turns out that Sabrina had twins the first time around and the surviving one shows back up again?  It can turn out to be Avery, I'm not fussy.

Maybe by the time the baby's SORASed, if it ever gets there, Michael can be like "yeah I consider those people my relations but you make out with their kids, I don't care". Well, at least for Dante and whatever future kids Molly and Kristina may have.

The set is getting overrun with babies (Avery and now Leo), the affairees are worried that they have conceived a baby, and baby rabies have reinfected Dante and Lulu. Moreover, at least one actress is pregnant and another one just returned from a real life pregnancy! Next, will Felix and his new lover discuss adopting a baby? Show has noticed that Avery is popular and cute, so the desperate rush is on to rescue the ratings via babies.

If Elizabeth is so frantic to hang on to Jason's peen, why isn't SHE trying to get pregnant too?

Michael, when did you become a zombie? He seems suddenly as brainwashed as Neanderthal Morgan when he stalked around spouting "KILL Julian! KILL Julian Jerome!" Sonny's and Carly's poison is working well. Michael's IQ is sinking every day he hangs around Morgan.

Shame on that embarrassing pair, Julian and Alexis. Wasting perfectly good bacon!!! Couldn't they think of a way to work it into their foreplay?

Just make it Carlos's baby. She can go live with her cousin Juan and I never have to hear her sing again

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

I am so over Julian/WvD having his clothes off and today's scenes were just nasty, not sexy in the least.

You know I sort of agree with this. Jake is hot, Nik is hot, Dante is hot, Franco can be hot(still hate his character) Julian like way down the list perhaps even farther down then crippledSonny. Michael in black also hot.

I also have enjoyed this weeks shows, I am hate watching and feel dirty now.

• Love 3

Julexis were fine at first, but they've ventured into "trying too hard" territory a while ago.

I'm still laughing that Julian didn't put clothes on until the last 3 minutes of the show.

I'm still crying.

• Love 9

Random thoughts...

• Oh, for an opportunity to bitch-slap Maxie! She discovered a library with books on acting technique. What up? Maxie might be admitting that she needs to learn something? But no, the books were too hard for her little pea-brain to crack.

• Why has Dante quit shaving again? Is it guilt for his roll in the hay with Val?

• Tracy has switched her silky red-and-gold butterfly sleeves for black widow's weeds. It's too much black.

• Why is Olivia back in town? Can't Julian and Alexis have two minutes of peace with his bacon and her eggs?
Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

I just love you guys. With comments like "manspread" and "beard of pain", who needs to waste time and watch this show when the main action is on this thread,

Can't the writers have one actress be pregnant without writing it into the show? Why does Sabrina need to be pregnant? Maybe it will make Michael less douchy now that he's back to kissing the Corinthos ass.

• Love 7

So.... we're back to the assumption that this "Michael " is not AJ's son? Poor AJ. Poor Monica. I actually hope they'd bring back Red Rum and say he's Carly/Rando Guy's Kid. CD can be the actual Quartermaine who gets dropped by Sonny and Frrrriiieeennddss.

They only "love" you because you solve all their damn problems, NotMicheal.

Dammit, Sabrina. Take your pee stick box out.

Sabrina's not the sharpest tool in the Home Depot.

She is such a dull actress to watch, my eyes couldn't stop immediately moving to anywhere and anything in the scenery but her. Today they were locked into the design on the small pillow on the couch besides her. 

Did this character came out of Tracy's womb?

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 3

Tracy deserved to get thrown out of by Michael, and for the record, he was acting like a typical Quartermaine in that scene.  Tracy was going out of her way to meddle in Michael's life.  She got Paul to call Michael to his office (like he was going to the principal's office) to lecture him about his life choices.  Michael realized that Tracy had put him up to it when he saw the hourglass.  I love, btw, that Michael knows Tracy's business gifts of choice which demonstrates that he and Tracy worked closely (I would think) on business matters (perhaps when he was working with Edward).  Despite Michael's annoyance, he didn't go and confront Tracy.  He went to see Sabrina, and guess who's there lecturing her about Michael and his choices and how she needs to get him to get his head on straight.  Now I don't doubt that Michael and Tracy care about each other, but Tracy also has her own best interests at heart - namely preserving ELQ, its shares, and her son's inheritance.  She admitted that her motives for Michael are not purely about family ties and that Michael holds the largest shares of ELQ stock, and she doesn't want Sonny to gain access to it.  (If the writers EVER try to pull that shit with Michael giving Sonny ELQ shares for any reason, I think I'd be done too).  That being said, Michael seems torn between two families right now, and Tracy doesn't even realize that she's putting Michael in danger by pushing Paul to get involved in Michael's business.

I like that Michael has not changed his name of Michael Quartermaine.  I like that he still considers the Q mansion "home," and he never refutes anyone's statements that he is AJ's son.  So I'm hoping the new writers don't pull an "RC" and just erase a year's worth of storyline.  Michael seems to be trying to be a son to both AJ and Sonny.  I had no problem with Michael getting angry with Tracy and slamming the door in her face.  She was meddling, and if HE had done that to her, she would have gotten in his face as well.  I also loved that Michael was a douche to Paul, especially because Paul is using Tracy, his son, and his office to promote violence and death.  So Michael giving him the cold shoulder was a joy for me.  

Oh, btw, Chad Duell looked so freakin handsome yesterday.  That haircut and the dark clothes look really good on him.  

Edited by Bishop

Michael trying to be both AJ and Sonny's son could be a good story. (I guess. I mean personally I would still probably hate it because Sonny doesn't deserve anyone's love.) The problem is it doesn't really come off that way imo. Sometimes CD seems to maybe be trying to go for that, but the writing still basically suggests that Michael just changed his mind in .1 seconds and decided it doesn't matter that Sonny is a disgusting POS who has done nothing but put his kids in danger their whole lives because he's actually totes the greatest father and a true American hero. There's really no nuance there, as there normally is no nuance in any story anymore. But hopefully the new writers will try to be more nuanced with it. I don't see it happening though since they seem to be more willing than RC was to push that All Sonny All the Time story that the network apparently wants.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I can't with Dante's Patrick Beard of Pain. And there's no end in sight. It's like Michael's yelling.

Why has Dante quit shaving again? Is it guilt for his roll in the hay with Val?

I like it! muahahaha.

And it's not really his beard of pain. That's heavier! :) This is more scruff in the style of Liz-lite denial.

Apparently there is something more important on the TV here in Toronto

Unfortunately not, since the Jays lost the first game.  

Dante and Lulu had a very boring summer arc where, oops, it turned out there was a procedure that would allow Lulu to carry a baby to term after all.

I vaguely remember that now, thank you.  

Please may this is the sign that Valerie is NOT pregnant!!

It had better be, "that's not my pregnancy test" and not "that's not my pregnancy test....because I haven't bought mine yet".