Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

As much as I hate watching Carly snivelling over the idiot, who doesn't deserve her, I have to give LW giant kudos.  She is bringing everything to this, from the quiet determination to trying to reign in Morgan, to leaning on Michael.  Well done Laura.  

Ahhh LIz, I can only defend you so much before I have to start wanting to smack you.  I know they're waiting for Nov sweeps but man, just spit it out already.  

Ric/Sam:  Loved those scenes.  This is how Ric should be written and not that stupid marry Nina, have a baby crying app and collude with Madeline crap that I've been forced to watch for months.  

Maxie/Nathan:  I like them but geez louise, can they have thier own story already,.

Where's Lulu?  You're husband's father/cousin's husband is in the hospital, shouldn't you be there to support them.  It was glaringly obvious when Sabrina showed up and she was the only one for support.  Also, where are Lucas and Bobbie?  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 6

Call me Pollyanna, but I actually thought for a minute there that the new writers were going to actually do the Jason reveal -- you know, just as a very legitimate way to show that this was a new GH. But no. Sigh. Really big sigh. Maybe I'm more like Charlie Brown, believing that this time Lucy won't move the football. It's been dragged out so long now that I have officially applied for a permanent seat in the I Don't Care Anymore Lounge (located next to the pool and hot tub on the Quartermaine deck of the Barge).

I did have to laugh at Sam, though, getting out her Jason&Me photo album and getting nostalgic about their life together after being a witness to a gangland shooting and then telling Patrick she loved him while looking at pictures of her dead husband. 

• Love 6

Why can't they even have a scene of someone suggesting to Jazz Hands McJunior that he take a sedative, and him saying no?? Taking sedatives is an actual thing people do! He was sooooooo friggin annoying in the two scenes I watched.

Ric sitting so close to Sam was weird, but I guess there's no where else to sit.

Hmmph, where's Kristina already?

It went by really fast so maybe I missed it, but the previews indicate Lulu has no eye make-up on. It's a miracle!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Where's Lulu?  You're husband's father/cousin's husband is in the hospital, shouldn't you be there to support them.  It was glaringly obvious when Sabrina showed up and she was the only one for support.  Also, where are Lucas and Bobbie?  

I guess she's home with Rocco, which is not a bad excuse. In any case it seems she shows up tomorrow.

Laura Wright is doing very well.

I thought it was cool how when Sam said that there were other people going through worse things than Ric, they cut to those two newly orphaned kids at the hospital. Oh, wait, they cut to the fiftysomething abusive murderer getting his chest zapped cause he got himself into this mess.

Maxie/Nathan:  I like them but geez louise, can they have thier own story already,.

Or maybe they could at least interact with her relatives? I'm not a big Mac/Felicia advocate but even I think they should be dusted out once in a while, maybe they could have done the same exposition except on a family picnic, Mac asking what the latest case was and Nathan talking about Jake Doe that way? 

And that was what they were talking about, right? Sam and Jason/Jake? I only caught two seconds but yeah, I was like, why are they talking about this? Why hasn't Maxie changed yet?

Call me Pollyanna, but I actually thought for a minute there that the new writers were going to actually do the Jason reveal -- you know, just as a very legitimate way to show that this was a new GH. But no. 

This actually still mostly Ron's writing. The new writers' material doesn't air until the first week of October. There was no way they could have shoved in the Jason reveal if it wasn't already written by the time they got there. At least I don't think so.

New writers or old writers, there's no way the reveal would happen during a non-sweeps period. And I don't believe for a second it's not going to be an EXPLOSIVE one. I just can't see them letting Liz revealing it in private and they cuddle afterwards. Liz will be bawling and screaming and Jason/Sam/whoever will be very, very loud.

With Nik, of course, in the background going, "Don't blame her! It was my fault!" with a half-asleep expression.

• Love 3

Also, where are Lucas and Bobbie?  

Well Lucas managed to stumble into the...previews...for tomorrow, visiting Julian in jail.  I'm cringing imaging Lucas yelling at Julian and crying that Sonny isn't his mobster daddy.  "I wish I was as lucky as Michael, Morgan, and Dante.  You never shot Tony!  You never shot me!  You never gave me the predisposition for mental health issues!  How could you!".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

With Nik, of course, in the background going, "Don't blame her! It was my fault!" with a half-asleep expression.

I think Nikolas will actually tell everyone off. Not gonna lie, I probably won't hate it. He deserves to be alone, but the main people who will be detracting him - Sam, Jason, Michael, Carly, Sonny - I have never particularly had a liking for.

New writers or old writers, there's no way the reveal would happen during a non-sweeps period. And I don't believe for a second it's not going to be an EXPLOSIVE one. I just can't see them letting Liz revealing it in private and they cuddle afterwards. Liz will be bawling and screaming and Jason/Sam/whoever will be very, very loud.

Jason will grit his teeth, and perhaps cry for the first time since Robin broke up with him in the hospital in 1997.*

*I'm sure he had a lone man tear every now on then, but that was the last time I remember full on bawling.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I will laugh of Ric is the one to discover the truth about Jason and reveal it at Liz's wedding. I know he hates Jason, but maybe Liz says something disparaging about how he schemed and lied to get/keep her so he shows up at the wedding and blasts her world to smithereens.

Oh and I meant to add, I'll take Ric and Sam acting civilly towards each other before I'll accept Sam being anything but face-and-dick-punchy to Franco. #stillpissedshegavehimthetimeofdaywhenCarlywasmissing

• Love 13
It's the same reason why they have Jakeson say crap like, "I'll never leave you!" It's all a tease.

I get what you're saying, but I'd argue it's not a tease when you know there's no chance of the reveal. That's my beef. It's going to be another month of this crap, and it's gone on way too long the way it is.

I think Nikolas will actually tell everyone off.

He's been in a very IDGAF mood for months now. If bamboozling the family of the supposed love of his life hasn't bothered him, lying to his cousin about her not-dead cousin shouldn't. I kind of like it, even if the reasons are totally ridiculous. But if Nik doesn't get a similar level of hate directed at him, I will have a rage blackout. I don't care how he reacts to the hate, but he has to get it from everyone.

• Love 9

I think Nikolas will actually tell everyone off. Not gonna lie, I probably won't hate it. He deserves to be alone, but the main people who will be detracting him - Sam, Jason, Michael, Carly, Sonny - I have never particularly had a liking for.

Jason will grit his teeth, and perhaps cry for the first time since Robin broke up with him in the hospital in 1997.*

*I'm sure he had a lone man tear every now on then, but that was the last time I remember full on bawling.

He may tell everyone off, but he'll defend Liz, which was my point. He has always treated her like a child he needs to protect at all costs.

Yeah, Jason only bawled with Robin. It was glorious.

• Love 3

I will laugh of Ric is the one to discover the truth about Jason and reveal it at Liz's wedding. I know he hates Jason, but maybe Liz says something disparaging about how he schemed and lied to get/keep her so he shows up at the wedding and blasts her world to smithereens.

I...would kinda love this.

But sadly, given the intense focus on the Corinthii lately, it's mostly likely gonna be Carly.

• Love 3

I...would kinda love this.

But sadly, given the intense focus on the Corinthii lately, it's mostly likely gonna be Carly.

Probably. I wonder if she'll wear another dress that looks like she stole it from the Ice Dancing Bronze Medalists from the 1992 Olympics.

• Love 9

Considering we had two different conversations about how Jakeson acted just like Jason in today's episode--combined with Liz confessing a lesser sin to him, rather than the whopper, and that increasingly unsubtle ticking of the bomb strapped to Samtrick (the increasing rift, if largely in words, between them)?  I'm not even sure I care any more about his real identity being outed.  It's so blatantly a holding action/delaying tactic at this point it's pissing me off.  Just let Liz blurt it out at the wedding or some such.

And apart from the urge to see somebody shoot Morgan with a tranquilizer gun in slo-mo and punch the writers who declared that only Dante, not Michael, could still have some misgivings about Sonny (and hope in vain that Michael gets just a part of his brain back after Sonny gets out of surgery), I've got to agree with the sentiment that LW is...maybe not saving the story, but the lady's definitely trying.

• Love 6

I cannot BELIEVE Liz's answer to "Did Jason love you?" was "I hope so." She's willingly keeping a man from his wife and child, and screwing said man, and can't even say whether or not he loved her. I hate this destruction of Liz. They might as well go the crazy town angle because she makes no sense!

• Love 4

Meant to mention earlier that I thought Sonny's wedding vows were inappropriate and stoo-pid. Right off the bat he cited past times when he made up his mind to leave her and give up on the relationship. His vow recital supposed to be a prelude to why he decided to try again with her, but instead it was a gloomy reminder of their mutual incompatibility, selfishness, and immaturity as every past marital attempt failed.

I think the guests would hardly have avoided snickering and eye-rolling if he'd actually said his vows.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4

I cannot BELIEVE Liz's answer to "Did Jason love you?" was "I hope so." She's willingly keeping a man from his wife and child, and screwing said man, and can't even say whether or not he loved her. I hate this destruction of Liz. They might as well go the crazy town angle because she makes no sense!

I can't believe we got a second chance at LiRic, and it was trashed and Liz ruined just for The Patron Saint of Douchbags.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 11

I can't believe we got a second chance at LiRic, and it was trashed and Liz ruined just for The Patron Saint of Douchbags.

Jakeson isn't a douchebag, though. Which is why I don't understand why Liz's "lie" isn't about keeping JAKE. She loves who JAKE is more than this Jason obsession.

• Love 5

I could only watch the Ric/Sam secnes because everything else seemed awful. But those Ric/Sam scenes, man. I was into it. I don't care, I ship it. But like those scenes were very bizarre.

Oh, I also caught a bit of Morgan when I accidentally pushed play too quick and I got a real good laugh.

Which is why I don't understand why Liz's "lie" isn't about keeping JAKE. She loves who JAKE is more than this Jason obsession.

I feels like it's all about her Jason obsession to me. It would probably come off a lot better if it seemed like she really fell for Jake. Although, it would make little sense since Jake has no real personality, but still, it'd be better than Liz doing all this shit because she wants a piece of shit that chose other people over her time and again.

• Love 3

The thing is, Liz did really like Jake before she knew he was Jason.  She was really upset when Hayden showed up claiming to be his wife, and when she found out that was a lie, courtesy of Ric, she was already ready to go to him.  It was such crappy story telling to have her find out that night.  As others have said, it would have been so much better to have her find out after they became engaged.  The fact that she really liked Jake, as Jake, is pretty much going to be entirely lost now, because instead of it being a story where she really fell for this guy and then found out he was Jason, it's been swerved over into her being crazy over Jason.  

• Love 11

Jakeson isn't a douchebag, though. Which is why I don't understand why Liz's "lie" isn't about keeping JAKE. She loves who JAKE is more than this Jason obsession.

Now Liez can get Jason to fall in love with her and only her and doesn't have to worry about him choosing Sam over her. In her eyes she's won. Just as long as he or Hayden never regain their memories. 

• Love 2

Now Liez can get Jason to fall in love with her and only her and doesn't have to worry about him choosing Sam over her. In her eyes she's won. Just as long as he or Hayden never regain their memories.

She's certifiable. Because she will never get JASON to be in love her. And it's like she knows this, but doesn't full accept it. Which is why the show should have focused on her loving Jake over Jason.

• Love 1

The thing is, Liz did really like Jake before she knew he was Jason.  She was really upset when Hayden showed up claiming to be his wife, and when she found out that was a lie, courtesy of Ric, she was already ready to go to him.  It was such crappy story telling to have her find out that night.  As others have said, it would have been so much better to have her find out after they became engaged.  The fact that she really liked Jake, as Jake, is pretty much going to be entirely lost now, because instead of it being a story where she really fell for this guy and then found out he was Jason, it's been swerved over into her being crazy over Jason.  

It would have been much easier to forgive her later on if (at least part of) Liz's motivation from keeping Jason in the dark was to prevent him from returning to the mob life (and being torn that she was keeping him away from Sam and Danny).

• Love 2

I wonder if Jordan knows that TJ isn't even at Sonny's.

Color me legit surprised that Michael is entertaining the idea that maybe Julian isn't responsible for Sonny getting shot.

Someone needs to shoot Morgan with an elephant tranq. Or five.

I love how Sonny is thisclose to bleeding out, and the gauze on his chest is immaculate. And the room is softly lit instead of superbright so everyone can see what they're doing.

LOL that Sonny is so critical yet Patrick has time to chat with his girlfriend before surgery. 

• Love 6
LOL that Sonny is so critical yet Patrick has time to chat with his girlfriend before surgery.

I'd like to think Patrick's hate is subconsciously making him drag his feet, hoping Sonny will bite it. I'd call him a hero.  :-)

• Love 9

Color me legit surprised that Michael is entertaining the idea that maybe Julian isn't responsible for Sonny getting shot.

It sounds like Michael is being written as Jasus 2.0 again while poor Morgan gets to play WrongandImpulsive!Sonny Jr.

• Love 3

I'd like to think Patrick's hate is subconsciously making him drag his feet, hoping Sonny will bite it. I'd call him a hero. :-)

He had tears in his eyes talking about Sonny. I was crying myself from the hilarity of it all.

• Love 2

Nice to see he hasn't completely relinquished his brain now that he's back to kissing the ass of the man who murdered his father.

• Love 7

I'm as critical of the writers as anyone, but I gotta hand it to them - Using those Ric/Sam scenes to show just how little chemistry Patrick/Sam have by comparison was genius.

What's that? That's not what the writers were going for with those scenes? Oops. Added bonus?

Don't get me wrong, after watching him work his magic for over 20 years now, I'm pretty sure Rick Hearst would have chemistry with a coat rack, but he and Kelly just work so well together.

It's just one of those things in soaps where I have to shrug and say 'I know it's wrong, but it's not real life so I don't give a damn.'.  Every time they so much as look at each other in a scene I just start thinking to myself 'My, my. Look at all that floor. Come on, you two. Once more for old times' sake!'

As for the rest of today's show - meh.

• Love 11

A drunken Nik could have outed Jake is Jason during the wedding and there would have been no need for Liz to be in this stupid lie.

• Love 2

And apart from the urge to see somebody shoot Morgan with a tranquilizer gun in slo-mo and punch the writers who declared that only Dante, not Michael, could still have some misgivings about Sonny (and hope in vain that Michael gets just a part of his brain back after Sonny gets out of surgery), I've got to agree with the sentiment that LW is...maybe not saving the story, but the lady's definitely trying.

Dante was still bad enough, lambasting himself for still daring to be angry at Sonny for his actions. It's sad that I am thankful it wasn't worse, but here I am.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

She's certifiable. Because she will never get JASON to be in love her. And it's like she knows this, but doesn't full accept it. Which is why the show should have focused on her loving Jake over Jason.

If Liz is certifiable so is Robin, Courtney and Sam.  Jason was IN love with Liz and Liz was IN love with Jason.  Liason ended in 2008 in order to keep Jake safe, and not because they were not in love with each other.

• Love 2

If Liz is certifiable so is Robin, Courtney and Sam. Jason was IN love with Liz and Liz was IN love with Jason. Liason ended in 2008 in order to keep Jake safe, and not because they were not in love with each other.

My post wasn't referring to anything other than what Jason was feeling the moment he "died." He was in love with Sam and they were a family. I mean, is that debatable? I guess anyone can debate anything. But I don't think it's debatable in terms of what the show was portraying at that time.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6

The Ric and Sam scene was so nice until all the Jason worshiping. Jason was a fucking hitman!

The rest was crappy, even on FF. Liz was crying yet again about the lie? Every month we've been subjected to her tears and almost telling Jake the truth. Just stop, writers.

Is anyone seriously on the edge of their seat to see if Sonny survives for the billionth time?

• Love 3

The Ric and Sam scene was so nice until all the Jason worshiping. Jason was a fucking hitman!

The rest was crappy, even on FF. Liz was crying yet again about the lie? Every month we've been subjected to her tears and almost telling Jake the truth. Just stop, writers.

Is anyone seriously on the edge of their seat to see if Sonny survives for the billionth time?

They keep teasing us with this shit, yet he never dies. Sonny is probably an immortal, immoral god of some sort, who ages to pay for the lives he takes or ruins. It explains a lot to me anyway.

• Love 3

Dante was still bad enough, lambasting himself for still daring to be angry at Sonny for his actions. It's sad that I am hankful it wasn't worse, but here I am.

Can there not be something in the middle when it comes to Michael and Dante?  Can they be concerned and not want Sonny to die while still seeing the whole picture?  Can there be a number between 0 and 60?  Just because your dumb ass father got himself shot basically for money and power doesn't mean any reasons you had for not thinking he is just a swell guy are completely negated. 

• Love 14

It would have been much easier to forgive her later on if (at least part of) Liz's motivation from keeping Jason in the dark was to prevent him from returning to the mob life (and being torn that she was keeping him away from Sam and Danny).

Agreed.  There are so many directions they could have gone in with this story beyond "the wimmens are crazy!" But, I guess we should no longer be surprised that they didn't go for any kind of complex motivation and layered story where viewers can understand different points of view. 

• Love 3

Don't get me wrong, after watching him work his magic for over 20 years now, I'm pretty sure Rick Hearst would have chemistry with a coat rack, but he and Kelly just work so well together.

It's just one of those things in soaps where I have to shrug and say 'I know it's wrong, but it's not real life so I don't give a damn.'.  Every time they so much as look at each other in a scene I just start thinking to myself 'My, my. Look at all that floor. Come on, you two. Once more for old times' sake!'

I was on the barge for Ric/Sam v1 but I'd stick around for Ric/Sam v2. I never bought into Jason & Sam's awesome!true!love!story for a number of reasons: Steve Burton, the Sonny/Jason pass around factor, Jason is a hitman, Steve Burton, Jason is a hitman, etc. Patrick & Sam fill me with "meh" and if I'm supposed to believe that KeMo and BM have unforgettable chemistry then someone needs to hand them a test tube, a bunsen burner and some silver nitrate. Ric and Sam would be sexy and wrong, but mainly sexy. 

• Love 2

Can there not be something in the middle when it comes to Michael and Dante?  Can they be concerned and not want Sonny to die while still seeing the whole picture?  Can there be a number between 0 and 60?  Just because your dumb ass father got himself shot basically for money and power doesn't mean any reasons you had for not thinking he is just a swell guy are completely negated. 

you'd think.

I did like one moment, when Dante and Michael were talking and Morgan paced by and they looked at him for a moment like, "what the hell?" Does someone want to give the kid with the crazy fingers a sedative now please?

• Love 1

It sounds like Michael is being written as Jasus 2.0 again while poor Morgan gets to play WrongandImpulsive!Sonny Jr.

Probably. But I'm still amazed that someone is allowed some distance, given that Julian has taken the OMG TEH EVUL!!11 crown from Ric. Dante hopped on the Julian-did-it train way too soon, and he should know better as a cop.

Just because your dumb ass father got himself shot basically for money and power doesn't mean any reasons you had for not thinking he is just a swell guy are completely negated.

I KNOW. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Dante and Michael can be worried for Sonny but still be disappointed with him. Sonny getting shot shouldn't wipe the slate clean. It's not as if they were fighting over who was going to bring the ziti to Sunday dinner.

I did like one moment, when Dante and Michael were talking and Morgan paced by and they looked at him for a moment like, "what the hell?" Does someone want to give the kid with the crazy fingers a sedative now please?

Does Dante know that they suspect Morgan has BPD? I can't remember if he was told about that (on- or off-screen). Morgan needs more than a sedative; he needs an elephant tranq. I wish BC would dial it back a bit. I'm finding him way too broad. 

• Love 1

The amount of St. Sonny and St. Jasus BS on our tv screens on a daily basis lately is barf inducing and what is so wrong with this is that these are the scripts that Nathan Varni and Frank Valentini "tweaked" so the show could feel more like GH, you know the GH that it was on the brink of cancellation before FV and MoRon were foisted on us. I saw a post on another site proclaiming that NV and FV are "Brian Frons and Jill Ferren Phelps' doppelgangers."  So appropriate IMO.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 4

Does Dante know that they suspect Morgan has BPD? I can't remember if he was told about that (on- or off-screen). Morgan needs more than a sedative; he needs an elephant tranq. I wish BC would dial it back a bit. I'm finding him way too broad. 

So far, there's been no indication he was told on or off-screen. Either way though, he knows Morgan is volatile.

I am still trying to figure out if Liz was full on delusional and truly believes that shit she spewed to Jake about Sam having moved on with someone else when she switched the DNA test, or if she was just spinning the story to make herself look better....either way....yikes. She knew full well that John and Sam were NOT a thing. She even admitted it to Jason as her first lie. Its like she cant help but lie lie lie all the time now.

• Love 6

The penthouse is still Sam's place

But she moved in with Patrick.  It's bad form to keep your old place as a back-up in case things don't work out.  Doesn't Sam believe that they'll be together forevah? 

• Love 1

I am still trying to figure out if Liz was full on delusional and truly believes that shit she spewed to Jake about Sam having moved on with someone else when she switched the DNA test, or if she was just spinning the story to make herself look better....either way....yikes. She knew full well that John and Sam were NOT a thing. She even admitted it to Jason as her first lie. Its like she cant help but lie lie lie all the time now.

I don't think she was to the point of being full-on delusional during that storyline involving Sam and McBain, but I think of the line from MJ's Billie Jean song ..."cause the lie becomes the truth." She needs/needed to justify her choice(s) so that she could tell herself Jason's actions showed he wanted to move on from Sam with her - that she wasn't actually coming between two people who wanted to be together. She is doing the same thing now - telling herself that Sam has moved on and is happy with Patrick because she is desperate to hang onto Jakeson's 'love' for her/protect their 'happy family' status. What Liz is doing - repeating to herself what she needs to believe to justify her own behavior - is fairly common in real life and corporations, just not with such bizarre circumstances as the Jakeson situation. I personally know of a few people in real life who have repeated the same lies for so long - to themselves and others - that those lies have become the truth for them.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2