Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

JJ should have refused to do any scenes in Port Charles or anything to do with Nik/Liz. Do everything with Luke/TG because he's the only reason he returned. 

Oh, I'm sure JJ wanted to do scenes with TC and especially RH.

• Love 2

Speaking of bringing Emily back from the dead, this whole thing would work so much better if a revived Emily was being held somewhere and Nik was forced to keep the Jakeson lie because of it. Lucky would legitimately be torn if the choice was between saving his best friend and telling the truth about Jason. 

But that is understandable/semi-believable conflict.

...is it any wonder RC wouldn't use that?

• Love 3
(edited)

But that is understandable/semi-believable conflict.

...is it any wonder RC wouldn't use that?

He just wants Lucky to leave his children with JASON (this makes me laugh most of all. It was always about keeping Jason away) and have Sam think her husband's dead and for the audience to just ride the wave. Edited by HeatLifer

And yeah, B.J., Stone, that's one thing. Georgie, Emily, Alan, A.J. (twice), Jake? Those were all horrible fucking mistakes and I'd bring them all back tomorrow. At once. In the same episode. I don't give a fuck.

Heh.  If a new writer was in charge and they decided to revive Georige/Emily/AJ the writers could literally have them walk in and respond with "reasons" when asked what happened and I'd be ok with it.

• Love 12

All Ron has to write is "And then Helena did it..." *commercial break*..."Oh, how wonderful! Let's have lunch."

I would totally accept that ... so long as what's being served for lunch is lobster bisque. [/seinfeld and yadda, yadda,yadda]

Here's my take on JJ's return and Jake revival.  But keep in mind, I've watched about 10 minutes of the show over the past six weeks, and nothing this week.

Ron & Company took a real long walk just so that Tony Geary and Jonathan Jackson could have a heartfelt goodbye scene or two.  Too long of a walk. They should have just had them meet up somewhere. In an airport. Whatever. 

And as far as Jake's revival having any lasting conse ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Love 4
(edited)

Okay, there was a whole lotta wtf and good at the same time going on in the Lucky/Nik scenes. Okay, first of all, love their smiles when Lucky said "that was a brotherly moment". And you still feel the connection between these guys. (Just in case anyone didn't know, I am pretty much as broOTP about Nikolas/Lucky as I am about romanticOTP with LL2/Lante.) 

But then the conversation got all schizophrenic and made no sense. Lucky talking about the Darkness and how he can't be near his kids but then demanding that Nikolas tell him what's going on cause he's their father. Him being okay with Liz knowing and not questioning why the heck Liz was keeping this secret and not being afraid he was leaving his kids with a loony mom. Again, this would make way more sense if Liz, Nik and Lucky were like "this guy is a nice mellow man, it's better to have him around than the stone cold hitman Jason was before" and conspired to keep it because of that. And not gonna lie, I would kinda LOVE that. But this is all just lame reasoning. Lame lame.

And I know Nik was in the room, but glad Laura and Lucky got in a bit of one-on-one conversation.

Lulu: me and Dillon are just friends. And if my dad and Tracy get back together, he;s gonna be my step-brother. Super sexy!

Loved that line.

Oy, Dante. Lulu is gonna kill you. Kill you. She will take a knife and try to stab you with it. I get why he is not spilling, I really do. But . . . she's gonna murder him.

She would also suspect something was up at him changing the sheets, but whatever, I guess.

And he totally demanded that she quit her job when Johnny came around.

I do wonder if Tracy is going to be a little bit more torn over the truth coming out on that front than she would otherwise be. She, after all, just dumped Luke for the same lie (hooray for that).

Paul is great. Did I miss some scenes yesterday or did Luke bump into Tracy and Paul in media res?

I hope Sonny has a lot of tall trees around that balcony.

Anyway, today was about characters that know each other pretty much as well as they know themselves and I liked it for that. Lulu/Dante, Lucky/Nik, Lucky/Nikolas/Laura, and even Sonny/Carly, so I enjoyed it for that factor. Even when I hate Sonny/Carly there is some weird affection for them because I do enjoy how they know each other inside and out. It's weird. Not that there is never room for new people, because there is and always should be, and everyone was once a new person after all, but this is also what the soap opera genre can do much better than other shows can.

And tomorrow, back to Nina/Ric, Morgan/Silas, Kiki/Michael, Avainawig, Franco and Julian, Sonny/Carly (for real, all that was in the previews.) Talk about a mostly brutal line-up.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'm amazed she is still alive.

(One of the last times I said that they killed Ford on OLTL the following week with a chandelier, so you know, fingers crossed.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 16

Woooooow. This Nik/Lucky shit is sickening.

Seriously! "Whatever you choose will be right"??? So he's now going to just slink away with his tail between his legs because Jason is alive and Liz is happy? I guess we should at least be grateful Nik didn't hit him on the head and kidnap him to keep him from telling the truth.

• Love 3

ulkis, great point and I don't know why you're pretty much the only person saying it, but add me to your bandwagon, girl. Nik, Liz, Lucky, would make a whole lot more sense if they were keeping the Jason secret because he was a dangerous mobster and now he's not. And they don't want Sonny or Carly influencing him anymore.

I'm never going to understand why Ron believes the audience should solely care about Liz's happiness here. "Well, Liz is happy and Sam is fucking someone else now, so, whatevs!" Yeah, no.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't think he believes that. I think that's just Liz and Nikolas's terrible rationale. Their superfans might buy into it but it's being presented to the audience as a deeply misguided choice. The bigger problem is that RC believes these characters can do it and be forgiven anything because of their longtime durability. I personally do not believe either would ever do these things, and the only way they're going to be able to salvage it is tie it to a) a longtime breakdown for Liz and b) Nikolas being brainwashed or blackmailed over some undead loved one, both of which RC may well do, and both of which would not be necessary if he hadn't written this shit.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

It's being presented to the audience as a deeply misguided choice. The bigger problem is that RC believes these characters can do it and be forgiven anything because of their longtime durability. I personally do not believe either would ever do these things, and the only way they're going to be able to salvage it is tie it to a) a longtime breakdown for Liz and b) Nikolas being brainwashed or blackmailed over some undead loved one, both of which RC may well do, and both of which would not be necessary if he hadn't written this shit.

The day I'll believe Ron is showing that Liz and Nik are in the wrong, is the day those characters pay for these decisions. And considering that Franco, Nina, Dr. O, Helena, Ava, Julian, Sonny, Carly, etc, haven't paid for shit, I ain't holding my breath.

• Love 5

Seriously! "Whatever you choose will be right"??? So he's now going to just slink away with his tail between his legs because Jason is alive and Liz is happy? I guess we should at least be grateful Nik didn't hit him on the head and kidnap him to keep him from telling the truth.

That would've been better

• Love 1

The day I'll believe Ron is showing that Liz and Nik are in the wrong, is the day those characters pay for these decisions. And considering that Franco, Nina, Dr. O, Helena, Ava, Julian, Sonny, Carly, etc, haven't paid for shit, I ain't holding my breath.

Please, Liz and Nik aren't important like Franco, Nina, Dr. O, Helena, Ava, Julian, Sonny, Carly, etc! The show is going out of its way to make Liz and Nik look bad, unlike that list you mentioned, otherwise they wouldn't know it the first place. Considering it will allow Dr.O and Carly to yell at Liz, I am sure Ron won't be able to pass it up. 

• Love 5

I really want Cam to be a nightmare and as screwed up as Zander, his biodaddy.

Well, he will be when he realizes that both Jake and Aiden's daddy's have come back from the dead, so why can't his?

I just can't with Lucky knowing the Jakeson secret and then leaving town... because..... DARKNESS!

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm amazed she is still alive.

(One of the last times I said that they killed Ford on OLTL the following week with a chandelier, so you know, fingers crossed.)

Keep them crossed because there was a drop that said supposedly,

she would be killed off after catching Morgan and Ava in bed together...again.

Edited by MSquared
  • Love 7

Liz was running another DNA test on Aiden, so why wouldn't Helena snatch up Jake if the opportunity presented itself?  Helena had no clue that Jake wasn't Lucky's biological son, and probably found out after everyone thought the boy died from Nik when she ran into him at one of their homes.

I don't have a problem with Nik knowing that Jake is Jason, since the two were barely friendly at times.  Liz, Sam and Patrick should all be on equal footing with Jake/Jason slowly regaining his memories and outing them to the other three months later.

Oh, he knows what they're doing is terrible. It just services his plot so he doesn't care and figures he can dig 'em out of the hole later. He's done this a million times with many characters.

Also: Thematically, it makes the 'good guys' into bigger hypocrites, which services his preference for characters like Dr. O, Ava, Franco, Nina, etc.

• Love 2

Keep them crossed because there was a drop that said supposedly, she would be killed off after catching Morgan and Ava in bed together...again.

It's just a spumor, but I would put it under spoiler bars just in case :)

Nik is a manipulating douchebag and only told Liz the truth about Jake/Jason after she was shocked at the fallout with Ric/Hayden.  Lucky just returned an alive Jake to Liz after thinking the boy was dead for FOUR years, and Nik manipulates his brother with the truth that Jake is Jason.

• Love 2
Ron & Company took a real long walk just so that Tony Geary and Jonathan Jackson could have a heartfelt goodbye scene or two.  Too long of a walk. They should have just had them meet up somewhere. In an airport. Whatever.

They could have just had Luke leaving town to go to some out of the country clinic to get extensive therapy (or just leaving town because there's just too much damage done in PC in his life and he needs to retreat and get past it all), and Lulu and Tracy decide to get his whole family in town to send him off.  We could have had all kinds of the one on one scenes we've gotten without the stupid "caper" story.  Of course, Helena could have crashed it or been waiting for him on his plane after the party, giving the two of them one last scene, too.  

Did show ever mention how Lucky was supporting himself during his travels?

Shh!  Don't ask!  Ron will tell us Lucky is running cons like dear old dad.  

• Love 6

Lucky has taken some pieces of Luke's old giant Ice Princess diamond (which is how Luke used to finance many of his exploits) and is molding and selling various slivers as high-end sex toys or fleshlights.

• Love 3

Nik told Liz about Jakeson so she would t get hurt. The shitty choices she made with that knowledge are on her - same with Lucky although his choices make even less sense. Unfortunately, WendyCR72 is right, crappy, absentee parenting is in character for him now.

• Love 1

In other news, I'm glad Tracy told Luke to take a hike.  But her and Paul already sleeping together means we're probably not in for any serious romance there.

Normally, I'd agree, especially if two people having a OTS were strangers at the time. Since these two already have a history-and a child together-I think it's too early to tell. I do think they will most likely agree it shouldn't happen again, and Paul may move on to someone else. As to where he ends up, well, that mostly will hinge on how long RB is staying, and exactly what his character is up to. I can't imagine it's anything other than working as a silent partner in ELQ. I still think Paul "bumping into" Tracy the very moment she was about to board a plane to talk to Brook Lynn, is too coincidental. As to how he could possibly know what she was doing...sadly, the writers don't care about making sense. How could he know *anything* about Tracy's marriage to Luke?

Nikolas, of course, could have filled him in on that, but how would even Nik know that Tracy was about to leave town? Unless he has the Q phones bugged, or Alice is a spy, there's no way he could have known. But that won't stop these writers.

• Love 1

Lollllllllll. "Fine. I'll come back to this stupid show that makes no sense. But my mullet will show them!!!!"

The Mullet of Dissent.

I like it.

Now I wish more actors -- and actresses -- started sporting them on screen.

• Love 6

I like that Tracy got laid - I think more characters of a certain age on this show need to do that, not just have high school slapfights.

But I still strongly suspect Paul is taking her for a ride. He has a history, and Richard Burgi often plays a specific type. IMO his real motive for being here is to be a hired gun for the Cassadines in the war over ELQ. Which, of course, brings more drama for Tracy.

• Love 6

Not really. In order for Paul to be taking Tracy for a ride, she'd have to be blind to who he is. And while she might want to think the best of him, she knows him well enough to know he's not there just for Dillon.  Unless they continue to write her as stupid, but I think that's over.

Liz was running another DNA test on Aiden, so why wouldn't Helena snatch up Jake if the opportunity presented itself?  Helena had no clue that Jake wasn't Lucky's biological son

Actually she did know about the Liz and Jason affair, and that Jake wasn't Lucky's biological son. She specifically taunted Liz about having children by three different men (at the time Liz very recently found out she was pregnant with Aiden).  Liz was in Shadybrook, and Helena got into her room.  This was before the Nikolas/Lucky paternity test shenanigans. She then taunted Lucky.

• Love 1

I'll tell you exactly how I'd do it, too! Robin's in her little lab prison somewhere in Paris, listening to Yelle or something, and she hears a noise through the wall. She walks over, examines it, and klik! The wall swivels open and who is it but Georgie, with her post-death nose ring and everything!

Why, Georgie, whatever are you doing here? Why, it's quite simple, really - Helena's Legion of Doom abducted her to get leverage on Frisco Jones and a man inside the WSB, which explains some (but hardly all) of his terrible or ineffectual behavior during recent WSB developments. What's more, Georgie was a very promising potential medical student, and has been forced to help the evildoers work on their various bio-terror schemes.

But wait - there's more! Georgie introduces Robin to her mentor, just in the adjoining chamber, behind a curtain. Why, it's Alan Quartermaine! Bedridden, short of breath, still in ill health, but alive! Saving him from the brink of death was one of the Legion's early experiments with modern cryogenics, and his knowledge of Quartermaine business/family workings and medical knowhow have made him invaluable for their various schemes! He's been mentoring Georgie from his hospital bed, and both of them have been plotting in secret to find a way to get a message to the outside world and undo their captors' plans. But they can't go too far just yet...

Why is that, you ask? Simple, really! Look, over here, in this foggy glass tube that resembles my bathroom mirror - first it's A.J., yes, of course, and then it's - can it be? - yes! Emily Quartermaine, and who knows, maybe she's played by Amber Tamblyn on her day off, whatever, IDK! She's alive after all, but suspended in cryostasis until she, like Stavros and Helena, can truly be revived! Alan would risk everything, even his own health, to live in captivity until Emily (and A.J.) can be revived and freed! And she's Helena's ultimate leverage over Nikolas!

I'm here all week! mic drop

I actually wrote something similar to this in a fan fic but they were all held in a lair that the Cassadines, Faison and Jerry Jacks built in a mountain. Haha. 

• Love 2

Without reading anyone's  reaction to today's show I only have one question. What the hell is wrong with Nikolas?

I'm going to go with 'dark magic' and leave it at that.

• Love 9

At this point, introducing a "Cassadine blood magic" angle to several major stories might be a legitimate improvement.

At least it's an explanation! It's ludicrous and insane, sure, but it's also fitting. They're all a bunch of Tremere vampires anyway why not go all the way and bring ancient blood magic into it? Like Helena doesn't consider Elizabeth of Bathory her personal muse?

• Love 2

At least it's an explanation! It's ludicrous and insane, sure, but it's also fitting. They're all a bunch of Tremere vampires anyway why not go all the way and bring ancient blood magic into it? Like Helena doesn't consider Elizabeth of Bathory her personal muse?

Personal muse? I'm sure she's Helena's ancestor and spirit animal.

• Love 4

You know me well enough to know I wouldn't hesitate. They can show Undead Robin and Georgie developing it in a lab. From Obrecht's old notes!

• Love 2

Oy, Dante. Lulu is gonna kill you. Kill you. She will take a knife and try to stab you with it. I get why he is not spilling, I really do. But . . . she's gonna murder him.

I mostly like Dante and I don't care about Lulu really but I kinda really want this story to actually end this way.

• Love 2

Wanna bet?

~Ron

I can see him saying this:

Challenge accepted.

-Ron

I'm going to go with 'dark magic' and leave it at that.

Nikolas is acting this way because [commercial break].  And now he is evil.   (sorry, this won't get old soon)

I ff'ed most of the show when I got home.  Taking my grandpa to get his pacemaker checked was more entertaining than the shit we saw today.

• Love 8
(edited)

You know me well enough to know I wouldn't hesitate. They can show Undead Robin and Georgie developing it in a lab. From Obrecht's old notes!

The Cassadines are so over the top gothicly ridiculous that the best thing to do with them is make them full on ancient blood rituals in dusty grimores in basements dungeons (great use of the color gray, too!) This is a family that wanted to control the weather with a big rock. They're tailor made for full on Dark Shadows insanity. They live in a crusty old mansion on an island. For God's sake, have them say words like 'antediluvian' and 'eldritch' while they have inexplicable Cthulu images in their house. "What's that winged creature with tentacles all over his face?" "Oh... just a flight of fancy... it caught my eye at a bazaar in Turkey.. So tell me what do you think when I say Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn?" "I don't... are those even words? You're freaking me out!" "Pity."

They freeze and unfreeze people and resurrect them and wander about their crumbling mansion with it's inexplicable maze of corridors and dungeons. I mean, if they were homegrown incestuous wackos they'd be either New England yokels or from Appalachia and completely shunned. Instead, they hold onto their Cassadine 'purity' and call people 'peasants' (except for Spencer who hasn't been raised right and thinks he's in the Outsiders with his 'townie' crap) -- it mystifies me why writers just don't go all in on their Greek/Russian/Baba Yaga/Cthulu/Elizabeth of Bathory/Dionysian Frenzy/Malkavian mashup and unleash chaos that people can actually fight against and make ridiculous alliances just to survive.

And no, Luke drinking tea with Helena is not the way that gets resolved. People should have torches and pitchforks and start carving stakes and practicing with crossbows and dousing themselves in holy water and crafting silver bullets to take on the Cassadines. Why is this not happening?!

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 6
(edited)

I assume Helena was playing possum. That quiet scene was just for the benefit of Tony's rushed exit. She's pretended to be 'weak and dying' before. That's how she fooled Stefan and returned to town as Constance Towers in the first place.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2