Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

not quite . . . she's 25 years older than him. I don't get this angle of the story at all though. What is the point of having Ric and Madeline make out?

Wow, my math skills have really gone wonky. I blame Sonny. And Ron. :)

I read DM was born in 1940 and just assumed RH was a lot younger than he is (time flies when you're a hot soap opera actor).

I'm right there with ya on the wondering what the hell the point is, I mean Ric is scamming Nina for money, and Madeline is boinking Ric for.... blackmail? Money? She wants some action? All of the above? 

I don't know, it looked really awkward to me when he picked her up and carried her to the bedroom, and I must have hit my head or been in a coma for 20 years or something because for half a second I actually felt sorry for Nina when she walked into the room and was questioning Ric.

I was thinking, that poor silly girl is stuck with a Mother who wants her money and her newly wed husband while the lunatic she actually loves is swapping spit with his wig-wearing gum-smacking supposed-to-be-dead ex, who also slept with Nina's ex-husband and had his kid.... on paper it's kinda sad, when Ron writes it, it's kinda pathetic.

• Love 2

not quite . . . she's 25 years older than him. I don't get this angle of the story at all though. What is the point of having Ric and Madeline make out?

maybe to make Nina 'rootable' by showing how awful her mommy and new hubby are? But they've already established that they arent really compatible (there was the whole conversation on Thursday about dinner/drinks) - why go out of the way to humiliate her? Oh, right this is Ron's GH where a vet character (Rick) just acts out for the shallowest reason (was Rick this obsessed with money that he could talk himself into doing anything? Weren't his motivations always out of love in the past?).

I was off of this show for a couple weeks but I'm finding some hate-watching of the Luke exit story is giving me a weird joy.. not because I think it's good but because I'm fascinated by what this writing team has come up with as this iconic characters' final story. I imagine bits and pieces of the shows former fans are tuning in for it and finding... this. It's not even making me mad like the Fluke story did.. I'm just indifferent. But it does look like they'll just run through all of Luke's enemies in a 'best of' kind of way. <shrug> I suppose that is one way to wrap up a 37 year long character.

The only thing that was keeping me interested was the Michael vs Sonny over AJ stuff and what looked like a long term commitment to portraying Sonny as a bad guy and potentially losing everything he had....  and I kind of feel that if they're just going to ditch that in favor of reinstating the Sonny Corinthos Hour again, I won't have trouble skipping the show until this writing team is gone - although I honestly don't have any illusions that ABC cares enough about this show enough to replace Ron and his merry band of hacks.

And btw Ron totally should have/could have milked the Dante/Valerie stuff for many more weeks... I don't believe that the Dante I've watched for the past few years would cheat this easily.. even if they "only" kiss. It's a way to get fans talking about the character I guess but it kind of wrecks the character for a long time to come because Dante has always been the one character that you could count on.. and by giving in this easily, he just looks weak.

Finally, I suppose that Sonny will hire Sabrina to be the new Leticia and so they'll be more clashes with Ava/Denise. BTW I really wish that once Ava/Denise and Franco were out of earshot of everyone else, he would have said "It's so good to see you alive,.... Ava!" (cue dramatic music for a weekend cliffhanger).

• Love 6

I imagine she's gonna pull back and he says it because he's trying to get some hot revenge sex. I mean, I can wank it, but really, as they have presented the character for almost 6 years, he would have just asked her point-blank, or gone there to confront her. And then he could have gone to their hotel room and seen them have some dumb "we're naked because we spilled stuff on ourselves" scene and then gone home for some hot revenge sex.

Still dumb as hell, but not quite as dumb as the scenario now presented.

I'm just never going to be on the side of the character who cheats. And, yeah, I know this is a soap opera and this is what happens and blah. But I still couldn't care less that Lulu isn't sharing information and Dante's ~confused~. Dante doing this puts him on par with Patrick in my eyes and LAWD, I can't stand that Ron had to go there.

• Love 1

I'm just never going to be on the side of the character who cheats. And, yeah, I know this is a soap opera and this is what happens and blah. But I still couldn't care less that Lulu isn't sharing information and Dante's ~confused~. Dante doing this puts him on par with Patrick in my eyes and LAWD, I can't stand that Ron had to go there.

I blame Dominic Zamprogna more than Ron lol.

I'm definitely not on Dante's side, but I'm not gonna let Ron's stupid writing ruin the character for me permanently. If it does get too bad though, I'm outtie, heh. (Too bad equaling, I don't know, Dante proposing to her next month. I'm sure Ron can surprise me.)

I think Ron may be caught up in the idea of Madeline still being the vixen from the night time soap she did. So, of course there'd be a sexual component when she's in cahoots with a handsome co-conspirator.

Beyond that?  Of course the explanation is ...... REASONS, silly.

• Love 4

Work it, Madeline!  I get tired of the older man with the hot young chick, or seeing decrepit old Luke pawing some woman.  So, give Ric a heartache and break his back, Madeline!

• Love 8

I just got caught up on 2 weeks worth of episodes and umm... wth?!

In all fairness, Kiki of late hasn't seemed to give any fucks about hooking up with her mother's ex-lover.  Nor did she give any when she move on to Michael from Morgan.  I guess the Jeromes are a give-no-fucks kind of family.

I guess.  It would squick me out to no end.  I mean I could maybe get behind sexing up Julian and then Lucas.  But if one of them had sexed up my mom and then was interested in me... yea no.  Just no.

She would have solved this ELQ takeover if she had recognized her own cousin's voice.

Sam had bugged the phone and was listening to it on her laptop.  Doesn't it record it?  Couldn't she play it more than once?  Maybe for other people?  Great PI.  And no-one still thought to pull the phone logs of the company phone or cell phone to see who Rosalie calls? 

The idea that some mysterious kidnapper wants Luke and Laura not only to pretend to be together, but also to revisit places with significance to their relationship, is of course ludicrous. But dammit if I won't be watching.

Jennifer Smith wants to have sex with Luke? Ok.

I'm watching now. Is this the original actress? Was she 10 years old when engaged to Luke?

The actress looks damn good for 50 something.  Thanks to the poster for posting the 1980s Jennifer.  Don't remember her then but this actress does have a passing resemblance.  Of course the story that Lucky was kidnapped by someone who wants Luke and Laura to play a couple is pretty ridic.  Then layer on that an old flame who looks 1/2 his age wants to sex him up.  More ridic.  Did like Laura's faces though.  Now Holly shows up.  It's going to be a who's who I guess.  Kinda lame last adventure that feels thrown together.   They need to bring Audrey Hardy back and she can fish that gun out of the toilet and take out Luke, Nina, Franco, Kiki and Denise.  Amongst others.

I thought maybe Laura was behind it.  Guessing the anvils are falling that it's Helena. 

• Love 3
(edited)

The only thing that was keeping me interested was the Michael vs Sonny over AJ stuff and what looked like a long term commitment to portraying Sonny as a bad guy and potentially losing everything he had....  and I kind of feel that if they're just going to ditch that in favor of reinstating the Sonny Corinthos Hour again, I won't have trouble skipping the show until this writing team is gone - although I honestly don't have any illusions that ABC cares enough about this show enough to replace Ron and his merry band of hacks.

That's almost where I am too, and I have defended RC on occasion.  (God, I feel so dirty... ;)  ).  But really, it was the one really good thing RC did, and now he's just tearing it down for no reason other than a stupid plot point.  Way to prove all your detractors right, Ron-O.  >:(

On the other hand, if Michael does give little A.J. back to Sonny, RC could redeem himself a bit in my eyes if he had something happen which endangered her again, Sonny realizes that Michael was right about his lifestyle being too dangerous, and he gives her back to Michael.  (Though this will never happen, it's glaringly obvious that this recent fuckery is a setup for Ava to get little A.J.).

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 3

This. Show. Trying to catch up is just painful. I had no idea that stupid burns so painfully.

Do the writers (OK, RC) think we are all so stupid with the memory of gnats? Does he really think we buy his lame reasons for the shit he passes off for story??

Luke sleeping with Jennifer Smith (WTF, right??) without even asking to see Lucky first or demanding to speak with him or at least have some sort of guarantee that she even HAS him? That is just all kinds of stupid that original flavor Lucas Lorenzo Spencer and especially Laura would never do. (Nor would anyone with half a brain really.) So he just goes happily off to bang Jennifer like he's taking her out for an ice cream sundae?? I repeat myself but WTF??

And Dante and the cousin?? Really?? So OOC for him. Again. W.T.F. Right?

All this damn Denise/Ava (DeNava??) mess with Franco...pukeworthy...and MS, I mean Phyllis, oops I mean The Nina with Franco/Ric. Ugh. Not to mention Ric & Donna Mills...sorry. Not in the least interested. What show is this again??

Oh Sabrina...why did you have to butt in & preach the Gospel of Sonny? I was almost liking you again...and Michael honey...I know you've been through a lot lately with ELQ & all....but giving baby AJ back to Sonny??? Really? I mean, don't the courts have a say in this??

Oh. this. show. I've watched you since April 1963 and I just don't recognize anything about you anymore. I left when Guza decimated so many vets, actually came back for Carlivati & my OLTL peeps. Only reason I watch now is for certain actors that are just acting their hearts out in spite of the ridiculous writing. I salute you guys.

• Love 11
(edited)

I blame Dominic Zamprogna more than Ron lol.

I'm definitely not on Dante's side, but I'm not gonna let Ron's stupid writing ruin the character for me permanently. If it does get too bad though, I'm outtie, heh. (Too bad equaling, I don't know, Dante proposing to her next month. I'm sure Ron can surprise me.)

Oh, I know that Dom has spoken about wanting better acting opportuntities and about exploring Dante's darker side (with still retaining a moral core).  However, interview and PA comments I have seen have all indicated that DZ is intent on Dante's maintaining his moral center - even if that center is shifted for a while. 

Now I do think there is solid evidence that Emme Rylan wants exactly the same.  In a twitter chat in January, a fan asked her if she would like it if Johnny and Lulu had a fling.  Emme's response was that she would love it - would love the drama.  And, again in a recent magazine interview, she said that things were going to get messy - and she loved it.  You can't tell me that she isn't promoting and embracing all the Dante/Valerie/Lulu/Dillon messiness going on right now.  

As far as what happens next month, my gut feeling is that we are going to see Dante regret his actions and attempting to deal with them.  But you know the soap tropes - by that time, Lulu will be hooking up with Dillon (who, I'm beginning to think, would be ALL too happy for that to happen.)

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 3
(edited)

This show flat-out sucks.

I'm giving the show until Luke's final episode, and that's really only because I want to see Genie & Jonathan as I don't give one flying fuck about that rapist kiddie killer, to give me SOMETHING to hang onto and if it doesn't then I'm out.

And at this point, that something could be a thing as relatively little as someone pistol whipping Nina, or Carly snatching that Party City wig off Ava's head, or even Tracy making a receding line crack at Nik or Morgan; I just need some tiny something to continue watching.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Ric has to play tongue-hockey with Madeline, because how else could they possibly show him as being worse for Neenah than Franco?  Franco and Neenah are endgame, and Ric is collateral damage.

• Love 5

I don't think cheating shows someone's dark side, especially when the reasons are as stupid as the ones for Dante and Lulu. It's not what I'd call messy, either. Both Dante and Lulu are acting like temper-tantrum-throwing toddlers.

• Love 6

This show makes NO sense because of Re-RON AND FRANK allowing him to do it. No one gives a shit. The actors want the drama because they don't watch the show it is a job to them. We watch they get the money. Re-Ron thinks he knows it all, and that we will keep watching. Well I just read the ratings are in the toilet, and the way he is writing the exit of the drunken Hero. have turned it off, and even take it off my dvr. I don't care anymore . the same way I gave up Days. If it wasn't for this place I probably have turned te show off a while ago. keep biting the hands that feed you frankenRon .

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think cheating shows someone's dark side, especially when the reasons are as stupid as the ones for Dante and Lulu. It's not what I'd call messy, either. Both Dante and Lulu are acting like temper-tantrum-throwing toddlers.

My problem with it is that DANTE seemingly wants this. There were no regrets in the preview. The "There's something between us" line is disgusting for a married man to say. Like, at least have Dante be upset about it.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

My problem with it is that DANTE seemingly wants this. There were no regrets in the preview. The "There's something between us" line is disgusting for a married man to say. Like, at least have Dante be upset about it.

It would be one thing if we saw him convinced Lulu was cheating on him, he is clearly angry, ties one on, and ends up crossing some line with Valerie (I mean, it should be Anna, but, whatever).  But him acting like "well, I've been into her cousin for minutes now, so yay for being able to act on it instead of confronting my wife and having an adult conversation about the problems in our marriage" is what's going to piss me off.  That's not Dante.  I could see it going the other way around - Lulu thinking Dante was having an affair and being too impulsive and Spencer-ish to talk to him, then turning to, say, Johnny, and being like "screw it, we've always been attracted to each other."  But I just don't buy it from Dante.  The one through line in Dante's character from the moment he laid eyes on Lulu has been his utter devotion to her, paired alongside his down to the bone goodness.  I refuse to believe that he's been giving any real thought to "hey, I want Lulu's cousin I just met, because we both were raised by single moms," to the point where he so easily says, the second he believes the worst of his wife, "there's something between us."  Nope. Nope. Nope.  

• Love 11

Ric has to play tongue-hockey with Madeline, because how else could they possibly show him as being worse for Neenah than Franco?  Franco and Neenah are endgame, and Ric is collateral damage.

Yeah, I'm definitely not here for this SERIAL KILLER as swoony romantic hero saving his fair damsel from eeeeevil Ric bullshit.  Team Ric every day and twice on Sunday.

• Love 11

I'm gonna reply in the Corinthos thread.

RC tends to wrote for story and not the character.  Nik ordering hits?  Liz keeping Jason's identity a secret?  Anna sleeping with Luke?

Tracy being dumb about Luke?  Dante and Valerie?  I could believe Brooklynn and Dante suddenly locking lips.

• Love 4

I refuse to believe Michael's gonna hand AJ over. I'm hoping he'll get to Casa Corinthos, see Sonny co-opting and corrupting TJ, turn right around and say good riddance. 

(It's nice where I live, We get to ride unicorns.)

• Love 16

In the middle of a rewatch of Battlestar Galactica, I feel even worse for DZ (who played Jammer on BSG) going from that amazing show to this. Even his better days on GH are horrendous compared to his BSG days.

• Love 4

In the middle of a rewatch of Battlestar Galactica, I feel even worse for DZ (who played Jammer on BSG) going from that amazing show to this. Even his better days on GH are horrendous compared to his BSG days.

I dunno. BSG was lightyears a better show (at least, when DZ was there, later on it devolved into a hot mess imo) but Jammer was a side character. For the first two years or so on GH Dante was on almost every day and in his first 6 months he had some pretty good stuff to play. The "Sonny shoots Dante" scene was really good . . . it was the aftermath that, as usual, came to nothing. I can only imagine the wtf face he must have made at the script where Dante lied that he shot himself.

• Love 5

Oh, I know that Dom has spoken about wanting better acting opportuntities and about exploring Dante's darker side (with still retaining a moral core).  However, interview and PA comments I have seen have all indicated that DZ is intent on Dante's maintaining his moral center - even if that center is shifted for a while. 

If Dom wants to explore Dante's dark side, I would have rather seen something like Dante decides Olivia's baby will never be safe and he makes a deal with Dr. O to make everyone including Olivia think the baby died. 

We could have Dante struggle with the guilt from the pain the baby's "death" had caused everyone and would start to push Lulu away, unwittingly into Dillon's arms.   Lulu could have cheated and Dante would be been both furious and blaming himself.  

At some point Dr. O could blackmail him into something illegal for her, and then later down the line just as Dante & Lulu reunited, the truth would come out and Lulu would blow a gasket finding out he worked with Dr. O after what she did to them.  

• Love 5

If Dom wants to explore Dante's dark side, I would have rather seen something like Dante decides Olivia's baby will never be safe and he makes a deal with Dr. O to make everyone including Olivia think the baby died. 

We could have Dante struggle with the guilt from the pain the baby's "death" had caused everyone and would start to push Lulu away, unwittingly into Dillon's arms.   Lulu could have cheated and Dante would be been both furious and blaming himself.  

At some point Dr. O could blackmail him into something illegal for her, and then later down the line just as Dante & Lulu reunited, the truth would come out and Lulu would blow a gasket finding out he worked with Dr. O after what she did to them.  

That sounds like a much better show than the one I'm watching. How can I tune in to what's in your head? :)

• Love 1
I don't think A.J. would've wanted Michael living his life being bitter, angry, or full of hate, either, though, so once again, I kinda got what Sabrina meant.

I agree - I don't think AJ would want Michael's life to be consumed with hatred and bitterness. But I also don't think he would want Michael to embrace Sonny as family either. If Michael does decide to give baby AJ back to Sonny, I hope that's where it ends and he doesn't welcome Sonny back into his life as if nothing ever happened. Forgive, move on, but never forget. Stay Michael Quartermaine.

• Love 5

It is possible to not forgive someone and not be filled with bitterness or hate. I'm an example of that--but this is not the place for it. 

And I have to tell myself not to expect anything logical because this show is written by those who can't remember what they wrote a month or so before. And thus we're stuck with retcon, after retcon, or more likely, in their minds, this is the new "canon!" bullshit.

Now, I can't remember who said it, or if I imagined it, but did Genie look like she was trying not to laugh in Monday's episode when Jennifer was blathering her nonsense? Just me, then? Okay.

I just zipped through the first three episodes in one hour. That's right, I'm only watching Luke and Laura, and some of the ELQ fallout.  Tracy away from Luke and sticking up for her family is a much more tolerable and enjoyable Tracy.

And I continue to miss Julie Marie Berman's Lulu, even if she annoyed me at times; because as someone said when Emme was first recast, I see nothing but Bratz Doll every time I unpause my screen and look at her and watch her.  And speaking of which, just who was with Rocco on Wednesday, when Dante left and then five minutes later, Looloo left to meet up with Dillon? Did I miss the line where someone came to take him to babysit? Because Looloo lied about Bobbie being on the phone when she was talking to Laura, but who Dante thought was Dillon.

And as disgusting as the rape that didn't happen episode was on Monday, I couldn't help but enjoy the disgusting and WTF looks/expressions on Geary and Genie's faces.  Does that make me a sick person?

• Love 3
(edited)

As much as AJ loves Michael, I really don't think he'd be super evolved on this issue. He'd be delighted that Michael has custody of Avery and that Michael used the damage he suffered being raised by Sonny as the proof that Sonny shouldn't have custody. I think AJ would be perfectly fine with Michael hating Sonny forever. He wouldn't want it to consume him but if Michael took down Sonny's legit businesses so he couldn't hide behind them? I think AJ would LOVE that - Sabrina would probably try to talk him out of it but she sucks

It is possible to not forgive someone and not be filled with bitterness or hate.

Yeah, this. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

I see nothing but Bratz Doll every time I unpause my screen and look at her and watch her

It's that damn hair. Even Maxie finally got a hair cut. Please someone take some scissors and save this poor girl drowning in hair.

This show flat out sucks in everything apparently

• Love 2

Back from vacation (boo!) and finally caught up with the last three episodes. I have to say, I'm glad I don't care about very many people on this show. It made it so much easier to watch. I never liked Sabrina and was annoyed that everyone had elevated her to the greatest thing since sliced bread, so the Sabrina hate warms my heart. I am hoping for Michael hate too, as I still think he's an insufferable prick who should be rootable after everything that's happened to him, but CD's portrayal actually makes me want to take a spork to his eye.

And don't get me wrong, I despise Sonny with every fiber of my being. But Michael giving back AVERY to him works into my agenda of finally having Morgan be outed as the real father, because I can no longer stomach hearing or seeing Sonny be known as that beautiful child's parent. So I'm all for it. I so enjoyed the anvils of Carly saying that Sonny would always be her father, and that no one could take that away from him. It's going to be fun to watch Morgan explode at him again, I've been denied for far too long and had to endure such grotesque suckitude.

Dante/Lulu - well, we all knew it was coming. Contrived, yes. OOC for Dante? Yeah, probably. But Lulu's a damn dumbass for not telling him, and then for running off and being stupid enough to think that she and Dillon can help save Lucky. Lulu, you're getting in the way. Shut up and take a seat, or better yet go the fuck home like your skeevy dad said. So I can't hate Dante because his wife sucks. They'll probably come out stronger in the end anyway. Val needs to come to life, she's really kind of boring. She's almost too nice.

Ric/Madeline was...scary? But also like a trainwreck, you couldn't not look at it. I kind of rooted for Donna Mills there. Girl knows a fine piece of ass when she sees it. Age be damned.

I don't even care about Ava/Franco (no Denise here) because it's leading to my Ava/Morgan agenda for later this week. And I have PAID my dues. I have watched every single episode of this dreck without FFing for like the last almost two years. (And by the way, the wig is horrible, but I love the black hair on Maura because it makes her blue eyes so striking).

So I will leave the utter hatred to you guys, because I'm selfish and am kind of in this just so I can get out of it what I want. Sorry, I sound like Sonny, don't I? Ugh, gross. I really do love y'all.

• Love 5

And speaking of which, just who was with Rocco on Wednesday, when Dante left and then five minutes later, Looloo left to meet up with Dillon? Did I miss the line where someone came to take him to babysit?

Pretty sure that was the day Lulu said Rocco was at daycare.  Which is exhausting, apparently, as the rest of the time he's asleep.

• Love 3

Pretty sure that was the day Lulu said Rocco was at daycare.  Which is exhausting, apparently, as the rest of the time he's asleep.

These GH kids are unwell. Always sleeping perhaps someone is tampering with their bottles or food.

Dante/Lulu - well, we all knew it was coming. Contrived, yes. OOC for Dante? Yeah, probably. But Lulu's a damn dumbass for not telling him, and then for running off and being stupid enough to think that she and Dillon can help save Lucky. Lulu, you're getting in the way. Shut up and take a seat, or better yet go the fuck home like your skeevy dad said. So I can't hate Dante because his wife sucks. They'll probably come out stronger in the end anyway. Val needs to come to life, she's really kind of boring. She's almost too nice.

All Lulu had to tell Dante was that her mother was having some sort of 'issue' and that she was going to help her.  Not sure what would account for Dillon tagging along but at least she wouldn't be lying about what country she was in --- which is very discoverable.  For someone who can't stand to be away from her son, she hasn't mentioned him once. (I'm OK with it but it's all we heard during that Levi kidnap caper).

I liked Val in the beginning.  Then she started with those scrunchy screwed up facial expressions.  And the fake niceness.  Plus she's always grabbing at Dante physically which (and I get it, he's hot) girl please. 

• Love 3
It is possible to not forgive someone and not be filled with bitterness or hate.

IRL, yes, but not on a soap. Ignoring Sonny would be the ideal punishment for him, since he has to be the center of everything. But that will never happen.

I hadn't noticed the kids sleeping all the time, but at least we see them occasionally, unlike little Tommy Hardy who was invisible for 20 years. Every time Gail asked Audrey where he was, Audrey would say he was in his room playing. And then one day, boom, he's a psychiatrist.

I used to think Ric Hearst could have chemistry with any woman, but then Donna Mills clamped onto his face like a lamprey and I reconsidered.

• Love 6

All Lulu had to tell Dante was that her mother was having some sort of 'issue' and that she was going to help her.  Not sure what would account for Dillon tagging along but at least she wouldn't be lying about what country she was in --- which is very discoverable.  For someone who can't stand to be away from her son, she hasn't mentioned him once. (I'm OK with it but it's all we heard during that Levi kidnap caper).

She could have said Dillon was going along because he wanted to confront Luke about ditching his mother like that. 

• Love 1

But...wasn't it in the morning? And with Looloo at home, why was he in daycare? It's not as if she knew when she called Laura, that Laura would say things are complicated, which led to her running straight to Dillon. It's ridiculous. And lazy.  But again, that's what this show is, so why am I whining about this?

IRL, yes, but not on a soap. Ignoring Sonny would be the ideal punishment for him, since he has to be the center of everything. But that will never happen.

True! I forgot what show this was.  Thanks for reminding me, dubbel!

• Love 2

Everything about Michael giving Avery to Sonny, forgiving Carly, taking any of the blame for the mess onto himself was just...bad soap. 

It could not be more obvious that Ron got bored and swept it all under the rug as fast as he could.

Booo.

• Love 11