Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

When did Michael ever suspect Sam?  In fact, he argued the point with Jake a number of different ways.  The reason Michael confronted Sam, and it was a logical reason, was because Sam bugged his office.  So the logical question is "Why did you bug my office and not tell me?"  I could see why he wanted answers, and he asked the question, she answered it, and it was over.  

I'll give you that one.  Then again, EVERYONE is being written like an idiot regarding Duh-neese.  

No it wasn't.  He patted her head like a child, and yes it was condescending.

No, I wonder if it was his Billy Abbot shining through.  Now that Jake is in a corporate setting, I think BM is more comfortable.  Is this how Billy Abbott would act?

He was like that with Chloe (Elizabeth Hendrickson) on Y&R and I loved it about them. It's something Billy does here and there..

No, I wonder if it was his Billy Abbot shining through.  Now that Jake is in a corporate setting, I think BM is more comfortable.  Is this how Billy Abbott would act?

He mostly smirked and looked bored. Y&R had no genuine corporate stories during his time on the show, and he was written and acted as more of an overaged frat boy than much else.

I was pretty surprised at how quickly Lulu sold out Nikolas. I know he's in the wrong, but you'd think she'd at least ask him about it before telling Dillon, who's only been back in town for a minute, about her suspicions. However, I am finding Lulu and Dillon a more convincing couple than Dante and Valerie. If I didn't know (unspoiled, but 99% sure) that Dante and Valerie were going to end up together, I'd find it pretty funny the way Valerie keeps making tortured faces and talking to Dante about how they shouldn't be around each other, as if there's this massive sexual chemistry that can't be denied, while Dante is basically, "naaah, it's cool, you're like a brother to me!"

I don't think we're supposed to care about Dante/Valerie (as she's not white therefore has no real role to Ron and Frank), whereas we're probably supposed to care about the prom king and queen. Valerie is just there to help justify Lulu's eventual pairing or move toward Dillon.

• Love 3

Anyone else notice that when Tracy snapped at Michael briefly for telling Rosalie about the bug, Sabrina face-palmed at him doing so?  Made me titter a bit.

Sabrina's been killing it lately with the hilarious faces in the background. Whenever Tracy's talking to a third person in the room, I find myself looking at Sabrina to see her reactions. As an actress, she's been holding her own.

• Love 20
(edited)

I actually really, really like the Sabrina/Tracy rapport, and the whole thing with Sam and them (Sam has actually been competent at her 'job' for the first time in aeons in this story). And I think Billy Miller seems much, much more comfortable with the Q's and ELQ and that whole thing. It's what they should have been doing with his new Jason all along. If it's true the whole mob debacle with Jake, Sonny and Julian and the undercover deal ended quickly due to rewrites, thank God for small favors. I had zero interest in watching Jason literally repeat his entire old, boring life.

Finally, Michael and Tracy's genuine respect for each other never gets old for me. With a bit smarter writing, a lot of this could go on forever for me.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 17
(edited)

Maxie: Oh, hi Nathan.  I just got done doing some personal shopping.  Yup, I'm a personal shopper.  Been personal shopping a looong time now.  It's definitely not something I made up and drop into sentences during every interaction so people stop asking me why I don't have a job.  That'd be so unprofessional of me, a professional personal shopper.

Me: ...geez-us, Ron.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 18

I don't think we're supposed to care about Dante/Valerie (as she's not white therefore has no real role to Ron and Frank), whereas we're probably supposed to care about the prom king and queen. Valerie is just there to help justify Lulu's eventual pairing or move toward Dillon.

Unless DZ is actually leaving later this year, I doubt a Dillon/Lulu pairing is going to be a long term thing.

(edited)

Maxie has clients?? I think Dante would disagree. Maxie does a better Nathan than Nathan, though.

That's because KSt can actually act and when GH had better script writers Maxie was a much more likable/watchable character

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'd find it pretty funny the way Valerie keeps making tortured faces and talking to Dante about how they shouldn't be around each other, as if there's this massive sexual chemistry that can't be denied, while Dante is basically, "naaah, it's cool, you're like a brother to me!"

And here I thought Valerie was making those faces to torture US!  I liked her when she was first introduced although I was completely distracted by that hospital gown top.  For the longest time I thought she must have escaped from Miscaviage.   But I digress......I think I'd still like her a bit - I certainly don't hate her - but there is NO "Baby Light my fire" with Dante.  The closest they come is "Hey, ah...cousin-of-my-wife, how ya doing" from Dante.  I don't even see any romantic interest from Valerie towards Dante.  IMO she's not been the least predatory.  And since Ron C. is writing this show, the only way an outsider is allowed to show an interest in a guy is by being a predator of sorts.  Carlivati isn't subtle...Anyway, this is the most half-hearted "couple in trouble" storyline I've seen in quite some time.

Not that I'd blame Dante much for being bored with Lulu.  I know I am.  She's got all the animation of a Stepford wife wannabe.   Yeah, she's pretty, but not sexy at all anymore.  And she's gotten as dumb as she is dull.  But Dante, he's a long-haul kinda guy.  He'd just slog through Lulu's current brain-dead period until she either got better or drowned in the shower because she forgot to close her mouth.

That said, Maxie can fall down the nearest elevator shaft any day now.   I can only take her for a limited time to begin with.  I'm not and never have been much of a fan of the ditzy types, and Maxie's "But I'm so CUTE!" schtick combined with her subnormal intelligence and complete self-absorbtion put me immediately on Valerie's side.  Of course, being Maxie, she's unable to connect her own massive relationship fuckups, past and present, and have enough humility to keep her yap shut.  But she blathers on and on and on in that shrill voice until I yearn for someone to just throw a pie in her face.

Now that could be fun.....every episode Maxie is in, somebody should pie her.  We wouldn't know when, we wouldn't know who, but we'd know that at some point, she'd just get in the face.   I think I could like her more if that happened.

And Det. Kitty, okay, okay, he might not be the brightest bulb in the socket, but he doesn't deserve to be saddled with a Chatty Cathy who is missing her "off" button.

God I wish she's left with Spinelli.  He so deserved to win the "fair Assaminty"or whatever the hell he called her.

Good lord, BC was awkward today. Couldn't even find the door to close it. It was kind of funny but really sad at the same time.

Maxie is so damn annoying. Just shut up, you incessant nonstop pest. She's exactly like a housefly that keeps buzzing and buzzing around you and you can't get rid of it. She needs to be squashed.

Luke/Laura didn't do anything for me since I wasn't around back in their day, but they were okay. Lame cliffhanger though.

BC acted like his thong got stuck in his ass and he just couldn't get comfortable today.  Or more likely, he couldn't locate it.  Talk about a dim builb.

I enjoyed Luke and Laura more than I thought I would.  Luke was less bombastic, and Laura seemed to fit in better than she did in her last return, for some reason.  I did think it was funny that the old Diner had been abandoned and untouched since they were last there 25 years ago.  

So we've had Luke's childhood home, abandoned, intact, after his childhood trauma 50 years ago....

We've now got the Diner, abandonded, intact, since he and Laura were last there 25 years ago...

Makes me think that Luke leaves such a bad odor behind that people get one whiff, they hold their breathe, lock the door and turn away from the place as if it's a Plague House.

Luke needs to be more consistent with his deodorant application.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

Maxie: Oh, hi Nathan.  I just got done doing some personal shopping.  Yup, I'm a personal shopper.  Been personal shopping a looong time now.  It's definitely not something I made up and drop into sentences during every interaction so people stop asking me why I don't have a job.  That'd be so unprofessional of me, a professional personal shopper.

Me: ...geez-us, Ron.

Hahaha that's so Ron. 

• Love 1

That's how you've described Rick Hearst in the past, too. ;)

This one is even more Sears than Rick lol. I don't use it for *everyone* I don't find hot. For instance, Spinelli is like [redacted for being too mean].

• Love 6

This one is even more Sears than Rick lol. I don't use it for *everyone* I don't find hot. For instance, Spinelli is like [redacted for being too mean].

Ulkis, there is absolutely NOTHING you could compare Spinelli to that I would consider too mean.  Absolutely nothing.

Hell, you could say he's less attractive than Richard Simmons when he's Dancing to the Oldies and I'd think you were being unnecessarily kind.  

Cuz Spinelli just brings that out in me.

• Love 6

Unless DZ is actually leaving later this year, I doubt a Dillon/Lulu pairing is going to be a long term thing.

I don't think it will either, but I think it might be strung along for a while. I could also see Ron thinking it's "soapy" if she has a child with Dillion, since she aborted his child.

(edited)

Lulu figured out the corporate espionage?!?!? Because Nic said he was dating Rosalie (pre Nurses Ball) without actually ever dating her?

I think Ron has invented a new dramatic devise. Dumbass ex machina.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 16

I can't imagine this current Dillon with Georgie.

Me either. But they should bring Georgie back anyway just to try it. :)

But I mean I personally really like Dollar Store Dillon. Sure, he's not really anything like the old Dillon and I do wish he was, but whatever he's better than like at least 50% of the other characters imo so I'm ok with it.

I actually really like Jake/Sam but yea him patting her head didn't work for me. I know they were going for playful antagonistic banter but yea it just came off like Jake is a condescending dick. Which Jake has a tendency to fall into that a lot for me.

• Love 7
(edited)

Jason was frequently a condescending dick so it's not really out of character but there used to be affection when they teased each other - without that it's just douchiness

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Me either. But they should bring Georgie back anyway just to try it. :)

But I mean I personally really like Dollar Store Dillon. Sure, he's not really anything like the old Dillon and I do wish he was, but whatever he's better than like at least 50% of the other characters imo so I'm ok with it.

I actually really like Jake/Sam but yea him patting her head didn't work for me. I know they were going for playful antagonistic banter but yea it just came off like Jake is a condescending dick. Which Jake has a tendency to fall into that a lot for me.

And Jason too was a condescending dick so. yeah. 

• Love 5

LOL yea it's probably the most Jason like thing about Jake. But BM still plays it differently than SBu did IMO. I can tell he's going for playful but it still doesn't come off that way. SBu didn't even try to play it playfully IMO.

• Love 6
I don't even see any romantic interest from Valerie towards Dante.

She was a bit overenthusiastic about Dante when she and Lulu were having lunch at the MetroCourt a while ago, and there have been some "meaningful" looks between them, but it's all been so forced by the writing that I can't take any of it seriously. Just as what's coming up is forced and incredibly stupid.

I could also see Ron thinking it's "soapy" if she has a child with Dillion, since she aborted his child.

That would be something, seeing as Lulu isn't supposed to be able to carry a child to term. 

• Love 3

LOL yea it's probably the most Jason like thing about Jake. But BM still plays it differently than SBu did IMO. I can tell he's going for playful but it still doesn't come off that way. SBu didn't even try to play it playfully IMO.

I think it does come off as banter with BM. He's not angry, pissed, yelling, or cruel, which is all SBu knew.

• Love 2

She was a bit overenthusiastic about Dante when she and Lulu were having lunch at the MetroCourt a while ago, and there have been some "meaningful" looks between them, but it's all been so forced by the writing that I can't take any of it seriously. Just as what's coming up is forced and incredibly stupid.

That would be something, seeing as Lulu isn't supposed to be able to carry a child to term.

And when did that ever stop a soap writer? "It's a miracle!"

And when did that ever stop a soap writer? "It's a miracle!"

Seriesously the only ones who never got miracle pregnancies was Bobbiebecause well that would have been impossible since she had an hysterctemia and Lucy and they could have done a few miracle pregnancies with her.Thankfully the writers back then saw characters as more than baby machines.

• Love 1
(edited)

Dillon's handsome, but imo, in a Sears model kinda way.

He looks more like Jason (SB) than Jake does !   All Dillon needs is a crew cut and to lose all those natural facial expressions.  And to bulk up a bit.  He's actually a good, natural actor.  Low key and fairly subtle.

I'm enjoying Jake, now that he's growing a brain.  He's very cute.

Edited by pitchy
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think the actor is trying his best, actually. He's not even bad, really, not this week at least, and he's very handsome. It's just that these writers clearly have no ideas on or interest in writing for anything but Dillon's most bland, stock role in the quad configuration RC has stuck by for years - newbies or people from the past coming in to fuck with a couple because they're marking time story-wise. Look, it's a pretty white guy with a broad shoulder for Lulu to cry on! That's never who Dillon was, but that's all they see and all they want to write for. And Dillon was never this broad-shouldered or handsome. In some ways, especially early on, he was as idiosyncratic as Spinelli.

I disagree that SC's Dillon wasn't written as the kind of guy women would use as a shoulder to cry on. He was tender hearted, emphathetic, and sensitive-and that's the kind of guy so far this one is. It was part of what drew Lulu to him in the first place years ago, so it makes sense that a need for  a friend and confidante would be what draws them together now. It makes perfect sense actually, and I think it's one thing character wise, they are doing right.

Any character is going to be different when a new actor plays them. This Dillon hasn't even interacted with most of the cast, and only been on a few weeks. I think it's far too early to say definitely how much or how disparate he'll end up being from SC's Dillon. There's also the fact that much can happen in eight  years to make a teenaged boy a much more grounded and serious person-though I have seen bits of humor thrown in here and there.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5
(edited)

Jason was frequently a condescending dick so it's not really out of character but there used to be affection when they teased each other - without that it's just douchiness

I agree he was condescending, but I don't think there's no affection with NuJason and Sam. I do think it was a bit much. I actually think Kelly's having a much easier time having fun opposite Miller. Big Steve was a godly plank.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I liked yesterday's show, for the most part. Jake did seem condescending to Sam, but I got the sense that he thought he was doing so in a funny way, what with the little bow forward down to her and clasped hands. And it was kind of funny.

I even liked Maxie and Nathan's scene. It makes sense that Maxie is doing some personal shopping, especially after her stint working for Kate. And I for one have no need to see it. Anyway, I thought their banter was fun and it was nice to actually get some insight in to what Maxie was thinking for a change.

I can't help myself, but I do enjoy Morgan and Ava together, even if she's being Denise. Rosalie catching them wasn't terrible. But boy, did Kiki ever bring that scene crashing down. I hope Morgan and Ava get it on right in front of her and she finally throws herself off the docks for good.

• Love 5
(edited)

My post about Luke and Laura was deleted. Is this website censored?

Did you write that Luke and Laura were communists?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11

That said, Maxie can fall down the nearest elevator shaft any day now.   I can only take her for a limited time to begin with.  I'm not and never have been much of a fan of the ditzy types, and Maxie's "But I'm so CUTE!" schtick combined with her subnormal intelligence and complete self-absorbtion put me immediately on Valerie's side.  Of course, being Maxie, she's unable to connect her own massive relationship fuckups, past and present, and have enough humility to keep her yap shut.  But she blathers on and on and on in that shrill voice until I yearn for someone to just throw a pie in her face...And Det. Kitty, okay, okay, he might not be the brightest bulb in the socket, but he doesn't deserve to be saddled with a Chatty Cathy who is missing her "off" button.

This! Except for her curves, I don't see anything "womanly" about Maxie. She has the mind of a pre-teen and the body of a woman, and apparently doesn't think about her child too often. Maxie seems to identify herself completely by shopping and marketing/fashion trends. She is even more shallow than Lucy, who also seems to be half-child/half woman (carrying on affairs with two men simultaneously but tolerating a pet duck laying eggs in her closet, ruining her haute couture). With these two characters, Ron seems to have stepped firmly into caricature, "a picture, description, or imitation of a person or thing in which certain striking characteristics are exaggerated in order to create a comic or grotesque effect." In fact, the glut of characters on GH can be organized by recognizing the caricatures, who are satirical creations. Caricatures have no depth because they are one-dimensional short-cuts, standing for the trait that is being satirized. Lazy writers bring them onstage to distract the audience or to fill in awkward gaps left by plot points.

• Love 2

But then when has Maxie has had any depth, she has always been written as a shallow person.

When she was a child played by Robyn Richards?

I guess when Georgie died or Robin "died". I DO think she has her moments. 

• Love 2

And here I thought Valerie was making those faces to torture US!  I liked her when she was first introduced although I was completely distracted by that hospital gown top.  For the longest time I thought she must have escaped from Miscaviage.   But I digress......I think I'd still like her a bit - I certainly don't hate her - but there is NO "Baby Light my fire" with Dante.  The closest they come is "Hey, ah...cousin-of-my-wife, how ya doing" from Dante.  I don't even see any romantic interest from Valerie towards Dante.  IMO she's not been the least predatory.  And since Ron C. is writing this show, the only way an outsider is allowed to show an interest in a guy is by being a predator of sorts.  Carlivati isn't subtle...Anyway, this is the most half-hearted "couple in trouble" storyline I've seen in quite some time.

Not that I'd blame Dante much for being bored with Lulu.  I know I am.  She's got all the animation of a Stepford wife wannabe.   Yeah, she's pretty, but not sexy at all anymore.  And she's gotten as dumb as she is dull.  But Dante, he's a long-haul kinda guy.  He'd just slog through Lulu's current brain-dead period until she either got better or drowned in the shower because she forgot to close her mouth.

That said, Maxie can fall down the nearest elevator shaft any day now.   I can only take her for a limited time to begin with.  I'm not and never have been much of a fan of the ditzy types, and Maxie's "But I'm so CUTE!" schtick combined with her subnormal intelligence and complete self-absorbtion put me immediately on Valerie's side.  Of course, being Maxie, she's unable to connect her own massive relationship fuckups, past and present, and have enough humility to keep her yap shut.  But she blathers on and on and on in that shrill voice until I yearn for someone to just throw a pie in her face.

Now that could be fun.....every episode Maxie is in, somebody should pie her.  We wouldn't know when, we wouldn't know who, but we'd know that at some point, she'd just get in the face.   I think I could like her more if that happened.

And Det. Kitty, okay, okay, he might not be the brightest bulb in the socket, but he doesn't deserve to be saddled with a Chatty Cathy who is missing her "off" button.

God I wish she's left with Spinelli.  He so deserved to win the "fair Assaminty"or whatever the hell he called her.

BC acted like his thong got stuck in his ass and he just couldn't get comfortable today.  Or more likely, he couldn't locate it.  Talk about a dim builb.

I enjoyed Luke and Laura more than I thought I would.  Luke was less bombastic, and Laura seemed to fit in better than she did in her last return, for some reason.  I did think it was funny that the old Diner had been abandoned and untouched since they were last there 25 years ago.  

So we've had Luke's childhood home, abandoned, intact, after his childhood trauma 50 years ago....

We've now got the Diner, abandonded, intact, since he and Laura were last there 25 years ago...

Makes me think that Luke leaves such a bad odor behind that people get one whiff, they hold their breathe, lock the door and turn away from the place as if it's a Plague House.

Luke needs to be more consistent with his deodorant application.

I've been away for two weeks and am working (sometimes half-heartedly) at catching up with GH.  So, for now, I'll just say thank you for this post which pretty much sums how I feel about what I've seen so far.  I especially related to your comment about how Maxie's approach put you quickly on Valerie's side.  I've found myself coming to Valerie's defense rather often in this and other scenarios for similar reasons - especially with the inanity of the writing and overdone character "positioning" in this tale.

Back to playing catch-up ... and to giving serious consideration to increasing the water flow in Lulu's shower. 

• Love 1

I've seen Twitter pictures of the actress who plays Valerie and she's beautiful. On General Hospital not so much. I'm not sure what the issue is. Makeup? Hair? Wardrobe? Lighting? I don't neccesarly see any heat with Dante because it feels so forced just as we are being forced with Lulu and nuDillon. Interesting thing about the actress who plays Valerie. She originally auditioned for Jordan but TPTB thought she was too young for the role. They remembered her when the role of Valerie came up.

• Love 1

I have to say though VA looks a good bit older that BS to me. Or at least she is able to carry herself as the age she's playing. BS wouldn't have been able to do that at all IMO.

I agree, there's no way I could buy BS as TJ's mother and/or Shawn's lover. She looks young enough to be his daughter and that would seriously skeeve me.

• Love 4

I vote for #PieMaxie as the hashtag

I've fanwanked this that it's intentional, and part of the continuing conversation that the show is having about its Luke and Laura fans: that we are living in the past and need to get over it.. But that may be a bit more high minded than perhaps the show intended. Maybe it's just easier to write that it's there intact than to write how/why it was abandoned or changed by subsequent owners. After all, this show only as 260 hours to fill every year, we can't be dicking around with ... actual story development, motivations, character - when would we have time for shoot outs?

• Love 4
(edited)

I find Maxie to be an example of a character we're supposed to see as quirky, that we're supposed to love because we're supposed to find her quirkiness endearing. I find her vapid and overrated, much like I always found the Vet Version of Maxie: Lucy Coe. Maxie was fun as a bad girl, much like Lucy was fun as a bad girl. But their idiotic breathless rambling isn't cute or endearing or anything remotely great.

I think this show does that a lot, though. They shove it down out throats that we are supposed to love this or that character for this or that reason, and don't really subsequently write a character that lives up to what they are trying to sell.

For another example: Laura and Liz. We're supposed to look at both as "good", and supposed to overlook their flaws, because supposedly those flaws aren't as bad as everyone else's. We're supposed to see them as heroines. The truth is though, that both of them are pretty horrible people.

What the show wants us to think, is never substantiated by what the characters do. This is true IMO, either to postive or negative effect, with ALL of them IMO. As a last example-though I could list each contract player and give reasons why they are either better or worse than what I feel TPTB wants us to see them as, I'll use Michael: we're really supposed to believe ALL the other Qs couldn't run ELQ properly, but up until now, no experience no college classes Michael could? Or that he knows what being a Quartermaine really means, enough that he can lecture his aunt about loyalty to the family. A family BTW, he honestly is just starting to get to know?

Silliness.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
(edited)

I go back and forth on Maxie. On the one hand, this iteration of the character did not begin with Kirsten Storms - they were writing Maxie as a wild child even when Robyn Richards was still in the role. When Kirsten started she was a disaster; Brian Frons pushed her very hard very fast as an even more OTT vixen shoved into an immediate frontburner story and insta-pairing with this teenaged cop Jesse, then they moved her to stalking Lucky and finally a drug-addled affair with him. I detested her. It took me a long time to come around, as they segued her into more screwball comedy and stopped trying to put her with plastic Fronsian hunks, and let character dynamism guide her. Now, of course, the old Frons tradition of plastic hunks for Maxie has brought back by Uncle Frank, with the much more gentle and kindhearted but still pretty wooden Nathan. And even Nathan doesn't deserve to put up with Maxie's shit. Everything that just happened with Spinelli is grounds to dump her ass.

I forgave Maxie for what she did to Lulu and Dante because of how she paid for it, and because she tore herself up after paying the price. All that goodwill, though, has been eaten up by the nonsense with Levi, her utter lack of a life or job (I love how Ron and co. are banging on that 'personal shopper' note now - they always do this when they're questioned, they hammer something into the scripts to make sure you believe it, even though it's far too late for it to be plausible) and now her shiftless busybody routine is back with poor Val. I want to like Maxie, I have liked Maxie, but they have to give her an actual purpose beyond "Wacky Maxie!" She's starting to show her actual fucking age. She had a baby she barely sees who she pulled some real shady shit over, she almost left Nathan to go back to her ex out of boredom and self-absorption, and none of this shit is cute anymore. Lucy Coe was able to float around like Maxie's doing because she paid for all her misdeeds and wore her anguish on her sleeve whenever she fucked up right alongside all her exuberance; Maxie's done too much crap to keep acting like she's 22.

I did appreciate that, after appearing to leave the women at home while the men went to do the heavy lifting, they had Tracy, Sabrina and Sam be the ones to receive the crucial trump card on Nikolas. That's a swerve RC and co. have pulled before with women in stories like this, and when they give a shit it means something to me that they do it. That's why much of this ELQ story works for me, despite the stupid pieces (hi, fuckin' Nina and Franco), especially all the great strategy sessions. And God, it is great to see Jason working with his family. Tracy's insistent air quotes about "Jake" cracked me up. As for Jason and Sam, I continue to be unnerved by their chemistry considering how much I despised the pairing with Steve in the role. I also don't think the show is saying only Michael is qualified for ELQ, but I think he works in that role very well. (Except for that moment with Sabrina where he appeared to be trying to tuck his suit jacket into his pants like an eight year old. Don't do that, Chad.)

That whole bit with Luke and Laura was great, even if the Triple L Diner has undergone a classic Uncle Frank budget-lite makeover of an old famous set - cover it all in wood paneling or brick and cut it down to half its original size! It looked a little like a Golden Corral. At least they made Tony admit Luke did not hate his family or his life with Laura and the kids. Also, Vanillon Q. has an amazing ass. And his devotion to Tracy and the family was actually very sweet and endeared him to me a little, even if he is still totally not the Dillon I remember in any way.

Suspense question of the upcoming week: How long can Ava's feral cat wig hold up under Morgan's grubby paws and meatsweats?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6

While lucy and maxie are somewhat similar.We were never supposed to feel badly for Lucy.For example when lucy was having an affair with an married Alan her Aunt told her that it was wrong and she would get called selfish by evryone in town ect.Mac always blamed everything maxie did on everyone but maxie.

• Love 3

I am (clearly) a Maxie fan. This probably has a lot to do with having been the right age in 1999 to fall in love with Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century. Zetus Lupetis!

I'm also a huge Lucy apologist, so maybe I just like that sort of character. Flightiness doesn't faze me, I guess.  I think she generally pays for her mistakes (which are often huge), and she's been pretty hard on herself--she measures herself up to Georgie, and knows she falls short. 

To me, KS brings a lot of charm to the role, and can knock it out of the park when she has a dramatic moment. It's also nice to see her looking the healthiest she has in years.

• Love 2
(edited)

I go back and forth on Maxie. On the one hand, this iteration of the character did not begin with Kirsten Storms - they were writing Maxie as a wild child even when Robyn Richards was still in the role.

Yeah but Kirsten brought the airheadedness. Along with that awful Danica Stewart. How the hell do I still remember her name, when I call RP Nathan Paevey half the time. I've grown to like Kirsten though, I learned that when they Jen Lilley was in the role.

Suspense question of the upcoming week: How long can Ava's feral cat wig hold up under Morgan's grubby paws and meatsweats?

Hmmph, his love is what keeps it glued on. Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5