Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I loved that Hayden's room at the MetroCourt had red and yellow walls instead of the usual drab gray that overpowers most of the sets in Port Charles.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 3

I really would rather see the Patrick from CMA's fan fic than the one we are stuck with.

Yup. I'd rather see anything else than what has been on screen for about a year now.

When he said that he's a widower raising a child on his own, I was like :O. I don't care if that was a quote from DA or whatever, but wow. Just WOW.

I'm okay with Billy Miller playing AJ. Jason whomever is and always has been boring. Imo the text book perfect golden boy character is not as interesting as the flawed one that tries to do something right. Even better would be if Helena found a long-lost AJ son and placed him as Jason. Imagine the wtf faces there. Carly kissed AJ's actual first son. Liz cozied up to AJ's son. Lols all around town. Plus, Ron could ReRon Edward's will and say that NewSon gets more shares, so that's why Helena wanted to brainwash him. Eh makes more sense than rubber masks. But I would love Carly discovering Jake is AJ.

• Love 2

When NuJason tries to use that insurance card wouldn't Dr. O bust him for insurance fraud? The stupid, it burns.

Yeah, but that would be the same Ron's law that employed a terrorist as CoS at GH where she became a potential caretaker to her former victims and supervisor of the spouse of one of the many people she kidnapped. But eh Dr. O is amusing so, whatevs.

I'm waiting for Danny's eventual health crisis that only something from "Jake" can cure him of. I'm placing my ELQ shares, swiped from Lois in LA on that theory.

• Love 3
It's soooooo booooooooooorrrrring.

I just finished watching the last two days of GH.  Amazing, isn't it, how little actually sticks.

The only thing that stuck with me was my brain trying to figure out if the color of Molly's dress matched the green paint on the walls inside of Kelly's.  I guess that I enjoyed Sam's akwardness on Tuesday at seeing her parents at it in her living room and Carly's intrusiveness on yesterday's episode.  Props to having Rick commit a felony without producing a gun.  Can't wait for the weeks of RC/FV's 'see we care about the hospital' annual variety show.

• Love 2

I'm okay with Billy Miller playing AJ. Jason whomever is and always has been boring...I would love Carly discovering Jake is AJ.

I would thoroughly enjoy the reaction to Jake being AJ but I'm already distracted by BM being nearly a decade younger than SBu.

They'd probably resurrect that awful Jason's fraternal twin story that was originally supposed to be Franco

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

It's not working because KeMo, while she is clearly trying, is a low-energy actress to begin with and JT has no interest in making it work.  And really, why should he?  No matter how badly he tanks the scenes he's in, he'll still make the short list for Emmy prenoms while actors that are clearly trying get shut out, so there is absolutely no downside to him not bothering to try and put over the material.

These days making Emmy list prenoms is like managing to be second or third in line at Taco Bell during your lunch break. It's nice enough...that's about it.

I think the production schedules and consistently horrible writing for everyone (like being told right before taping that he was suddenly a pill addict) likely make him not care. I can't be surprised.

I'm okay with Billy Miller playing AJ. Jason whomever is and always has been boring. Imo the text book perfect golden boy character is not as interesting as the flawed one that tries to do something right. Even better would be if Helena found a long-lost AJ son and placed him as Jason. Imagine the wtf faces there. Carly kissed AJ's actual first son. Liz cozied up to AJ's son. Lols all around town. Plus, Ron could ReRon Edward's will and say that NewSon gets more shares, so that's why Helena wanted to brainwash him. Eh makes more sense than rubber masks. But I would love Carly discovering Jake is AJ.

Given how apathetic everyone on the show is unless they have to amp it up for shock value, I imagine they'd all just shrug, or be happy, because with a pet in the role, AJ would suddenly be a good guy (who would be happy that Sonny killed the drunk chunk because that wasn't him anyway). 

It would be ironic, given that one of the main reasons Ron and Frank seemed to dislike Sean Kanan is that he had possible work elsewhere and had a bit of a meat on his bones. Billy Miller is the exact same way...the main difference being shorter hair and a tendency to make faces like someone woke him up five minutes before taping.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 4

Anyone who wants to bang Jake is totally justified to barge into his maybe-wife's room and interrupt what could have been a touching (figuratively and literally) reunion. It's in the city charter. Plus, this is how Carly has rolled since owning the hotel. I swear, there should be a disclaimer warning people about her barging into their rooms. Maybe on a nice plaque at the front desk. Or embroidered on a sampler.

Someone should re-build the Port Charles Hotel, and its motto can be:  Where the doors have locks and management won't barge in.

• Love 12

I would thoroughly enjoy the reaction to Jake being AJ but I'm already distracted by BM being nearly a decade younger than SBu.

They'd probably resurrect that awful Jason's fraternal twin story that was originally supposed to be Franco

No. Don't let yourself go to the Dark Places of ..... Two Francos or Two Jasons. Think to yourself something like Carly having her gaping maw open in shock. Liz being completely and utterly stunned, as she'd told Monica over "Jake's " comatose body that she didn't really love AJ. Yet the moment Jake popped those blue eyes open.... The stutterbarking of Sonny. The mindtwisting, whaaa whaat of Morgan. (Morgan may get TBI from this. ) Kiki's brain melting from data overload. Patrick Drake feeling like a moron, as AJ isn't an angel, but he's far from a lifelong criminal type. He's considered more of the "weak, spoiled, rich boy" by PC. And Sam being confused and intrigued. Nik will just be mad that Helena tricked him into having feels over AJ. Micheal and Monica will just be happy. The utter endgame of it would be kinda epic in a sick way.

• Love 3
I did like Maxie going off on Spinelli about challenging Nathan to a boxing match, and treating her like an object without feelings. He got his assumption that they would now be a family shoved where the sun don't shine.

I thought the scene was great and well acted by KS and felt more real than any of the contrived angst between her and Nathan for the past year.

I thought that was a well-written and -acted scene, but Spin is still being willfully obtuse about the entire situation, and that's the most aggravating part of it for me. I hate what Ric is doing with Liz and Jake, but at least Ric isn't pretending he doesn't get what's happening.

This is the Carly I get a kick out of.  Oh, she's a nutjob and completely delusional, but at least in her overbearing know-it-all mood she's entertaining.

LW does a great job with this Carly.

When NuJason tries to use that insurance card wouldn't Dr. O bust him for insurance fraud?

Why? He's not intentionally trying to con anyone.

• Love 2

I'm dreading Liz finding out that Nik knew about Jason and kept quiet. I'm sure she will be unbearable and make it all about her

I'm sure she will, if Carly gives anyone else the chance to speak while she asks Nik how dare he not tell her, Jason's BFF, immediately.

• Love 3

Liz will get to have her say three days later, after Carly has finally shut up.

for once, Tyler Christopher's default "Why must I be here God" mode will be very relatable, heh.

• Love 12

I'm dreading Liz finding out that Nik knew about Jason and kept quiet. I'm sure she will be unbearable and make it all about her

As much as I don't like Liz at all, the noises that will come out of Carly's cakehole are what I'm dreading. She was up Jason's butt long before Liz ever was, and its not like she ever thought twice about steamrollering over Sam either.

• Love 7

I like Ric.  I can even handwave the Panic Room.  Any distress he causes Liz, Carly and Jayyyke is all good.  Although I don't know why Ric thinks Lizzy is such a prize worth so much effort.  I'm kind of irritated that Ric and Sonny are besties, but I'm sure that will change soon once Sonny no longer hates Michael and turns his back on Ric again.

#teamRic

• Love 7

Favorite two lines of the day:

Carly: "I'm not trying to be rude, but -"

Hayden: "You're not?!"

She stopped just short of actually jumping on and biting Hayden. 

The no, Patrick is not your new Daddy, he's mommy special friend/ "best buds" crap is vomit-worthy. I was shocked he actually remembered he has a daughter and that she misses Robin. 

Thinking things are going to get uglier between Fake!Jake and Ric - murder maybe? - and that's how Ric will get caught. 

• Love 4

It will be all about Spencer, somehow. Jason will save him after he has a panic attack at the sight of Cameron and Emma dancing to "Relight My Fire." Liz and Nik will cry tears of gratitude. Then Liz will tell Nik he never had a good woman like her, and Emma will say the same to Cameron, because that's hilarious and daring and brilliant.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 3

Luke, I'm pretty sure it is a Spencer thing to hustle and beg, if it means saving your own life. And also, he's still complaining about his minions being dumb. I really need for someone to tell him he's no smarter than any of the idiots around him.

Also, I didn't need to hear Luke chew his food loudly. Thanks show.

Yay, Franco's lawyer that hates him is back! I love that guy.

I liked Lulu's red coat.

Okay, Liz and Jason, I get they like each other, but this is one melodramatic goodbye. Just go pick up another schlub at Home Depot or something, Liz.

It was so touching when 45 year old Franco started complaining that Scott put his job before him, but then it turns out that Scott really put his serial killing ass first after all! :tear:

I wish they'd let Bobbie and Carly have a scene, or maybe have Carly almost overhear Morgan and Kiki, instead of shrieking like a psycho at Hayden. What is the point of her in these scenes?

lol Jason is looking down from Heaven. Good one, Sam! Best laugh I've had all week. As Jason professed to be a Catholic, if he didn't go straight to hell, he's working on year 3 of 29408903458934 years in purgatory. But I get how that's a bit much to explain to Danny. Ahaha. Heaven. The special hitman kind, where there are lots of warm toasty fires.

I liked today's show.

• Love 10

Carly was soooo ridic OTT today. Take it down like, 28 notches, woman!

Liz/Jake were too much for my brain. You just met a few months ago. You aren't star-crossed lovers. I can't believe how Ron is twisting Jakeson to look so careless about a possible wife. I don't care that the audience knows she's fake.

I can't EVEN with anything related to Patrick and Danny. "I'll be sure to remind Danny of how much I hated his father and wanted him dead!" It's so diabolical seeing this unfold. Patrick is a weasel.

And LOL @ his "Emma misses Robin." Oh, she does??? Has he even tried to contact Robin? Where is she? WHY IS HE ACTING LIKE SHE DIED?

Luke sucks. Get it off my screen, please.

• Love 4

Franco and Nina's true luv is vomit worthy. I don't understand that after all they did, they are free. But I guess that if Sonny can be pardoned for first degree murder, all is possible in PC.

• Love 2

Well, today sounds shitty. Ergo, status quo. And, I fully expect the sky here (gray and rainy) to start raining blood since Robin was <gasp> mentioned with relation to her own kid. Whoa. Maybe even see a flying pig or ten.

• Love 4

Well, today sounds shitty. Ergo, status quo. And, I fully expect the sky here (gray and rainy) to start raining blood since Robin was <gasp> mentioned with relation to her own kid. Whoa. Maybe even see a flying pig or ten.

It actually pissed me off more, though. He knows his child misses her mother, but isn't making any effort to contact her or find where she is? And on top of that, the audience is supposed to think he's the most perfect sparkly dick ever.

• Love 4

DZ is looking a little thin. Excuse me while I dive into Olivia territory but I'm making chicken parm tonight and I think he could benefit from some. Let RP be the model, leave Dom/Dante as a real boy (man) please.

Danny running into the bedroom... Sam, like mother, like daughter (yeah yeah it's her house and Alexis was in the living room but still.)

Looks like the rest of the show won't air here in NY because of news of a fire.

It actually pissed me off more, though. He knows his child misses her mother, but isn't making any effort to contact her or find where she is? And on top of that, the audience is supposed to think he's the most perfect sparkly dick ever.

I get it. Believe me, I do. But....I blame the writing and TIIC here. The writing for obvious reasons. Patrick is not a character. He is Sam's fuck toy. And TIIC won't try to wrap this shit up by asking KMc to cameo again, so Patrick "trying to search" would just be a huge tease and go nowhere.

It needs to have a resolution. This shit makes everyone look terrible. And stupid. And dickish. And...

• Love 5

Carly needs to be locked up in a zoo behind bars and 9" glass.

Lewq's eggs looked disgusting. I loved Valerie being proactive, untying herself and shoving Lewq. He looks so feeble that Avery could probably knock him over. Why no one has tried this before is mind-boggling. Anyway, Brytni Sarpy is a real find. IMHO, she's the best soap newbie since DZ.

Fake Jake extorting Ric was actually interesting. I like the actor a lot more than Billy Miller.

Dante's hair looked like shit but I loved his shirt and jacket. It's nice to see Lante working on something together.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

At least Dante has a clue.Is he the only smart one on this show.

I miss Dante. DZ is good and he hasn't been in a story for awhile. Maybe RP can be rotated to the bakburner for awhile (or recast) and Dante can do something besides being the only intelligent person in this dreadful Spencer story.

I like Valerie Spencer. Good job casting! Way to redeem yourselves

I hope Ric doesn't end up killing FakeJake. RiH is a great actor, and Ric is too good of a character to have him run over the bus over Liz, ffs. He deserves better, and they're writting him like a one note pathetic idiot.

Speaking of FakeJake, is there any way I can find out who is playing him? He looks exactly like Kurt from Mad Men, and it's driving me crazy not knowing for sure.

Carly was no longer entertaining today and crossed way into OTT insufferable shrillness. I was actually rooting for Hayden to slap her one, and I don't even like her.

I for one am glad Nina and Franco got out, no matter how utterly ridiculously it all played out. Them in Shadybrooke had gotten boring. Im curious to see what they will do now.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 1

There are so many characters I feel like we've reached the point where everyone just appears once or twice a week. Liz, Sonny, Carly, Sam, Jason and Sam's appendage are the only characters I feel like are on often enough that I don't think "when's the last time they were on again?" whenever I see them. And I'm sure Liz will be shuffled back into the rotation soon enough.

Edited by ulkis

Every time Luke yells at someone, all I hear is "Get off my lawn!".

Hey Ric, remembered your brother the mob boss? I'm pretty sure just mentioning his name will get Model With A Brain off your back. Otherwise, you'd better hope Mikey still has his axe handle.

Liz, Jake, this isn't the fucking Titanic and Jake didn't just let go. Calm down. And Carly, it's always musing when you, of all people, talk about legalities like you didn't just help cover up a murder. Or, ya know, just be you.

Where are Danny's death eyes when you need them? Boy is slipping.

I'm glad Dante has use of the town brain for now, though I'm sure he will have already passed it off when he talks to his twitchy-about-paternity mom down the road.

Previews: There's the hot GM I know and missed! What a difference a shower and a haircut can do.

• Love 6

DZ is looking a little thin. Excuse me while I dive into Olivia territory but I'm making chicken parm tonight and I think he could benefit from some. Let RP be the model, leave Dom/Dante as a real boy (man) please.

I wish he were involved in figuring out what Sloane's deal is. I miss Dante and Anna scenes!

• Love 5

It was so touching when 45 year old Franco started complaining that Scott put his job before him, but then it turns out that Scott really put his serial killing ass first after all! :tear:

maybe have Carly almost overhear Morgan and Kiki, instead of shrieking like a psycho at Hayden. What is the point of her in these scenes?

A) Yep, hated all the court room stuff: notTodd!Franco making a face and sticking his tongue out at the attorney, Chia Hair (looking extra Chia-y) coming up with a strategy for the serial killer, and the hug like they are some new great love to root for. Blech.

B) The point was to re-affirm that she has no boundaries whatsoever regarding Jason's...er...Jake's life, and that he will continue to be passive and let Carly do and say whatever she wants in his presence (at any volume). The only time he asserts himself is when he wants to kiss Elizabeth. Gotta love how he left Carly in the room to continue attacking Hayden if she felt like it, while he pursued Elizabeth in the hallway. I thought maybe Hayden would smack Carly's hand away for stopping her from following Jake and Liz.

• Love 1

Previews: There's the hot GM I know and missed! What a difference a shower and a haircut can do.

I saw this comment and had to check out the previews. That's the GM I remember as well. He is definitely hotter with short hair.

I like Valerie.

That's all I got.

• Love 2

Even from the barge I can see that the worst father/son relationship ever written -- on any fictional show -- is the Franco/Scotty one.

You mean you don't love the interaction between daddy Scott - 

Scotty.jpg

And his darling baby boy?

Franco.jpg

They're both proof that far too many Port Charles residents were conceived on top of nuclear waste sites.

• Love 7