Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

How are they gonna get around the reek of impropriety of having the boyfriend of the grandmother of one of the plaintiffs sitting on the bench now?

As you said, real world rules don't matter, but this is the show that had DA Scott Baldwin prosecute the person who was accused of killing his son so clearly conflicts of interest don't really bother anyone in the PC legal system.

Not only have all of Sonny's baby-momma's kept his children away from him at various points because of his violent, unsafe life but Brenda, the love of his life, took her child and left Sonny because of it.  After she and her son were shot at (or almost blown up in a limo - I can't remember exactly what form the violence took), Brenda asked him to leave the business.  Sonny didn't say it was impossible to get out; no, he flat out told her that he loved her but he loved the power and money more and he wouldn't quit.  So, she decided it wasn't safe for her son and she left him.

• Love 8
(edited)

Maybe the anniversary reveal will be that Jason is still a prisoner of Helene and He and Robin finally escape. They head to Port Charles to confront Jake who is revealed to be.........................................................

Lucky? Ethan? Jimmy Lee Holt Jr.?........................or AJ

it would be awesome if that was who RB was playing

RB is at least 15 years too old to play Georgie. And even if she wasn't, I want Lindze Letterman ; she is available and there is no need to recast.

As for Jake turning out to be someone else, if Billy leaves when his contract is up in the fall I wouldn't be surprised if that is how the story went. It would an extremely easy retcon, and typical Ron to "waste" months of the audience knowing that Jake is Jasus without the characters knowing. It would also be typical Helena.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

I remember the scene you were referring to vaguely. Sonny does use blackmail sometimes, but his go to move is violence and criminal activity. I know AJ didn't sign away his rights to Michael in the scene you're referring because he signed away his rights when Sonny had AJ locked up for days, waving booze in his face, and then finally HANGING HIM ON A MEATHOOK. 

Actually the clip is in the history thread(page 36 10 or so posts down) and yes he did sign his rights away, I'm sure when Carly was presumed dead or some other time he got them back. I'm not trying to make Sonny any kind of saint he is a mob boss. He isn't a good person but AJ own family were far worse to him b/c the emotional abused and belittled him for years leading to his alcoholism.

My issue isn't that Sonny has done bad things my issue is that what Michael is doing is being like him, it could be said the Qs would do this too, but there again I don't see them as good people either. Edward was a terrible bully especially to his own family and that is not something good either(I also don't dislike the Qs but I don't think they were particularly rootable either.)

I would rather see Michael be the better man than Sonny or the Qs who were just as horrible to their own child.

Michael has every reason to hate Sonny for what he did but revenge always hurts the person doing it much more than the victim, especially when the victim is a mob boss.

If Billy Miller were really playing AJ, that squeee you guys would hear, the glass breaking, the dogs barking all at once- that's going to me screaming from sheer joy. And yes, Chad Duell is very hot now. It's the Quartermaine in him. Meow.

• Love 3

Edward was a terrible bully especially to his own family and that is not something good either(I also don't dislike the Qs but I don't think they were particularly rootable either.)

It has struck me that as Guza and Ron have killed off Q after Q (and the real grim reaper helped taking Edward and Lilia) that as a group they have become nicer and nicer. Oh they snark and fight, and say mean things to each other, but when they are on screen now the remaining Q's (sans Michael for the moment) seem to be better people: Monica, Ned and Tracy are all much nicer versions of what they once were.  I do not know if this in intentional or not, but it just seems the Q's have grown as people. I would love a scene where Ned and Tracy (who were more ruthless than Monica, who was really just a serial cheater) sit with Michael and say "look this is what we once were, we're better than that now. You can make this family much better" (Then Dylan walks in and says "and I can help you" )

I also wonder if this is what is fundamentally wrong with Sonny and Carly they are not growing into better people. Soap Villains use to either grow or die: Lucy, Bobbie, Scotty were all once villains and all grew to be better, if flawed people. Sonny and Carly do not grow they still act like children and the writers want us as adults to condone that.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm all for kids being kept away from Sonny at any cost because kids SHOULDN'T be around Sonny but I hate the idea Michael does something underhanded so much more because of the fact that Michael is right. All this does is give more ammo to poor Sonny and kind of have Michael admit his case alone isn't enough though it really should be enough

Exactly. I enjoy Michael doing it, but I know the show wants me to think Michael is evil now and that Sonny is a hero and a good father so I know they only did this to make Sonny more rootable and to make Michael look bad. I'm not an idiot though, so it didn't work on me!

I want all of Sonny's baby mommas, Olivia, Snarly,and Alexis,  up on the stand explaining why their kept their children away from Sonny.

This would be amazing. But it won't happen solely because we are supposed to root for Sonny here and that won't go along with that. 

Why oh why does no one in the custody hearing pose to Sonny "so if you feel that as the biological father you are entitled to raise Avery, why did you feel that it was your decision that Michael shouldn't be raised by his father, AJ Quartermaine?" It seems like such an obvious point to make in this storyline. I also agree that Olivia, Carly and Alexis should be testifying why they felt the need to protect their children from Sonny.

Seriously. Michael has so much ammo. It's so fucking stupid that he hasn't brought up more. But, no no, Sonny's great and Michael's a big meanie!

Not only have all of Sonny's baby-momma's kept his children away from him at various points because of his violent, unsafe life but Brenda, the love of his life, took her child and left Sonny because of it.  After she and her son were shot at (or almost blown up in a limo - I can't remember exactly what form the violence took), Brenda asked him to leave the business.  Sonny didn't say it was impossible to get out; no, he flat out told her that he loved her but he loved the power and money more and he wouldn't quit.  So, she decided it wasn't safe for her son and she left him.

Oh man, this made me want Brenda back to testify for Michael and then they can fuck afterwards. That would fill me with joy.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
April 1, 1963 //  April 1, 2015  Celebrating 52 years on ABC, mark your calendars for a can't miss episode! 4-1-15

Considering last year was Umily leading AJ into the light, I'm wary. Although I did like the three Carlys.

I thought the three Carlys were a really good gimmick. NL returning, even for a day? Not so much.

I am cautiously optimistic for what will happen this year. Every so often, Ron does it right. A one-time thing gives him the focus he needs.

• Love 2
(edited)

It has struck me that as Guza and Ron have killed off Q after Q (and the real grim reaper helped taking Edward and Lilia) that as a group they have become nicer and nicer. Oh they snark and fight, and say mean things to each other, but when they are on screen now the remaining Q's (sans Michael for the moment) seem to be better people: Monica, Ned and Tracy are all much nicer versions of what they once were.  I do not know if this in intentional or not, but it just seems the Q's have grown as people. I would love a scene where Ned and Tracy (who were more ruthless than Monica, who was really just a serial cheater) sit with Michael and say "look this is what we once were, we're better than that now. You can make this family much better" (Then Dylan walks in and says "and I can help you" )

I also wonder if this is what is fundamentally wrong with Sonny and Carly they are not growing into better people. Soap Villains use to either grow or die: Lucy, Bobbie, Scotty were all once villains and all grew to be better, if flawed people. Sonny and Carly do not grow they still act like children and the writers want us as adults to condone that.

THose characters weren't propped the way that Sonny and carly is either.Heck the town hated Lucy and scotty for being greedy and liking power.However now that its sonny all of a sudden its great means hes a terrfic father.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 2

RB is at least 15 years too old to play Georgie. And even if she wasn't, I want Lindze Letterman ; she is available and there is no need to recast.

I think she is a chef now though.

(edited)

Hmmm...Okay my mind just went silly but if LL is a chef why can't Georgie be one as well, and a spy on the side. Then instead of losing GH ABC actually gives it another hour: The first hour is the show as we know it , but it bleeds into a show within a show Daytime talk feast a la the Chew and the View:  LL as Georgie, giving cooking tips, NLG as Alexis with legal advice, LC as Monica with Medical advice and  LH as Lucy with cosmetic beauty advice and to stir the pot. Real Guest Stars mingle in with Guest from the show: So Patrick is on talking about advances in Brian Surgery while Rick Springfield is on hawking his concert tour.  "Man you look so much like my Dad it's scary"  "If you were my kid I'd tell you to keep in it your pants and go look for your wife." 

I'd rather watch that than the hens on the View.

Edited by Fylaki
  • Love 4

Not a chef, but the restaurant manager. She has come back for short stints. I'd be happy for a "yes, I'm alive but I'm off the map so only a few trusted people know the truth"  short plot.

https://twitter.com/nathanvarni/status/572940656147972096/photo/1

April 1, 1963 //  April 1, 2015  Celebrating 52 years on ABC, mark your calendars for a can't miss episode! 4-1-15

Considering last year was Umily leading AJ into the light, I'm wary. Although I did like the three Carlys.

We need an older Future Carly with a Scottish accent and angry attack eyebrows.

• Love 4

I may need someone to explain this Nikolas thing to me like I'm three.  How does withholding the information about Jason help him get ELQ?  I'm not making the connection.  Didn't Jason give his ELQ stock to Sonny long ago (I have no idea what happened to it after that)?  Why would Jason's existence stop him from getting ELQ?  Why does he want ELQ anyway?

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't Jason give his ELQ stock to Sonny long ago (I have no idea what happened to it after that)?  Why would Jason's existence stop him from getting ELQ?

If Jason gave his stock to Sonny he must have gotten it back at some point because Sam inherited it when he died and she has control of Danny's stock until he comes of age. Jason had/has 12% of ELQ and Danny has 6%. Back when AJ and Tracy were fighting over the company Sam gave proxy of 9% to each of them. When Jason reclaims his life he will regain control of his 12% of ELQ, so I guess it could be assumed that he would he would put his full 12% behind Michael and convince Sam that they should put Danny's 6% behind Michael as well. So basically, Jason coming back would probably lead to Michael getting more stock and Tracy having less stock. Since Nik currently has Tracy's stock that would mean he would have less stock. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 2

I want Sam to quickly marry and have Patrick adopt Danny when she finds out Jasus is alive. 

I'd love nothing more than for her to place Danny's safety over whatever lingering feelings she has for Jasus. I hope as hell the fact that he acts and looks nothing like Jasus is a huge factor. Not to mention the stuff with Liz. I could see Sam being happy he is alive but not necessarily wanting to be with him. She's walked away from him plenty of times for this to be a strong possibility.  

I can't recall, why can't Nik now tell Sam that Jake is Jason?  Helena is no threat, so who is the threat, Sloan?  And why would he say anything?

I thought it was because Helena threatened to reveal Nikolas' part in the election scandal that would land him in jail AND getting ELQ.  I think Helena can still pull strings from Cassadine Island.

Ric is weakest when he's working with Sonny, IMO. I'll never understand why he's so desperate for Sonny's approval. It never lasts, for one thing, and what does it get him? Nothing but trouble. I don't think the brother dynamic with those two has even been written properly or interestingly. Like almost everything on this fakakta show, it was an opportunity squandered. 

It's that magickal Sonny love...the love that trumps all....the love that everyone needs....the love that gets you locked in a trunk..wait, never mind.

• Love 3

I'm okay with all the Q's dead. I have hung on for years hoping they'd be used, and while they get thrown bones now and then, the only "Q"s TIIC are interested in are Michael and the thing called JakeWhoIsReallyJason. I believe JE is the show's best actress, and Tracy is still one of the show's most complex, entertaining characters, and she'll never get anything other than wringing her hands over Luke. It stopped being worth hanging on for about five years ago for me, and I haven't paid much attention since. Sad, really, that they wasted such a wonderful family for all this time.

So yeah, kill them off. It's not like it's going to make much difference sl wise.

As far as Tracy and Ned sitting with Michael, I'm also okay with Michael having as ruthless a streak as he wants to for as long as he wants to, especially if his target is Sonny. Yes, Tracy and Ned are both far nicer than they ever were-but I think it's mostly mellowing with age, and also the writers just not caring enough to give them back their fangs. Few people remember Nasty Ned, because he was at his nastiest during the early days when played by KRMc. From what I'm reading from recaps, Michael is just Mini Original Recipe Edward, and I kinda like that.

But then, I am not suffering as some of you are, by watching. I might want to tell him to drink a big glass of "Shut Your Pie Hole" if I was.

• Love 1

I thought I heard yelling - I believe that was the sound of you all cheering when Michael said "go for the jugular" and Alexis asked Sonny on the stand about him shooting Carly in the head while she was giving birth to Morgan, as well as going to military school under an assumed name for his own safety. It's hard to miss Sonny giving Alexis the "Die, bitch" look. I almost laughed at Sonny saying this isn't about Michael getting shot as a kid.  It's so funny that the best he can say is "I will make it the truth."

Loved the mother-son conversation about the judge and Monica, and Tracy's smirk. And there's Danny playing like no big deal beside Cousin Ned and Great Aunt Tracy. Ned playing with Danny was seriously adorable. 

The only good thing about Ava's memorial was baby Avery being all adorable and 'talking' to Silas as he tried to entertain her. Much more interesting that what Morgan had to say.

"Your mother is dead." How sweet of you to let the baby know, Delia. *RME*  But she enjoyed the singing, so that's something.

The Olivia-Dante conversation was sweet. 

Preview: Yes, Silas, you're an idiot. 

• Love 4

Liz doing her usual pit bull routine with Jake. That Sloane guys hair is awful. Greasy mess.

Ava was Kikis hero???? I thought they didnt get along.

Tracy watching Danny was odd since she seems like the least maternal person ever Lol. 

• Love 5

What are they doing with the "Child of the Corn" Danny actor? That hair...no-just no.

It was nice seeing Ned and Tracy together with very little focus on Luke, it was a bloody goddamn miracle.

What's Dante's issue with Ned? Quite a bit of shade he was throwing in his direction considering all the other potential "baby daddies" his mother could have had.

I can't get enough of that sweet baby Avery, she is a gem, an absolute gem. I loved how she acted when Delia was singing to her, those coos and that smile...my heart could hardly take it.

Sam and Nik...not even going there.

Jake continues to be...alive. I wish that would change, and soon. And he can drag Sloane right along with him to whatever pit of hell is waiting.

• Love 2

It's that magickal Sonny love...the love that trumps all....the love that everyone needs....the love that gets you locked in a trunk..wait, never mind.

That's this week's song on Empire! /sarcasm.

I seriously clapped my hands over my mouth when Alexis brought up the Bullet of Love. Like omg. I cannot even. And Micheal was like "Go for the jugular!" I think I have the kind of love for him that's like.... I dunno he could lock me in the trunk.

• Love 2

Regarding the anniversary.  My biggest fear is that #1---It will be all about Spencer and the return of the Snow Globe Princess or #2---It'll be photo after photo of Sonny with the Hallelujah chorus on endless loop in the background.

• Love 6

Sonny must be insane thinking that he can keep Avery safe since he is now in a mob war with Julian.

It's typical Sonny thinking.

His first child died in a car bomb along with his wife yet that didn't turn his life around in the slightest. He's always believed he can keep his kids safe, it's all part of his delusions about his life and lifestyle.

Sonny wants kids and he refuses to see himself as he is really, a bad father, a dangerous man, and all around terrible human being.

He blinds himself to the truth. And the same goes for Carly. They would rather lie to themselves about who they are than just face facts and actually go about changing their behaviour or attitudes.

• Love 9

Sonny also said Michael is doing this because he knows the way to hurt Sonny is take his family from him, and then minutes later he said he wanted Michael to drop the suit, not for Sonny, but for Avery, that Sonny wanting Avery was all for her, not for him.  That's what the judge will use, what is best for Avery and it pretty clearly is not giving custody to Sonny.

• Love 2
(edited)

Dante kind of accepted his mom was pregnant rather quickly. If it were me I'd be like, "are you sure? Are you suuuuuuure? Are you fucking sure?!"

NuDanny is cute. I don't really buy that Tracy would be so excited to have a Corinthos baby in the house though, even if it meant a little vengeance on Sonny.

Oy with all the damn speeches about Ava. The worst though was freaking Delia singing. I'm sorry, but that woman always looks like she's about to throw up or something.

Julian's speech for some reason cracked me up though.

"You want me to be a rat!" So a part of Jason still really loves 1950s vernacular. He's gonna call himself a cheese-eater next.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

So Sonny's whole strategy is to just swear that Michael only wants the baby to punish him?  OK, well, you do realize that Michael's motives have nothing to do with the fact that you have been proven an unfit parent, right?  No judge is going to be all "well, all of your kids end up shot, blown up, kidnapped, etc, but since the person who pointed this all out is doing so because he's mad at you, we'll let you keep this baby you haven't even officially established paternity of yet!" 

• Love 15

Forgive me, Danny Boy is a beautiful song, but depressing as all get out.  That this is Delia's go-to song to cheer someone up is ridiculous.

Did I hear right, Morgan professing his everlasting love for Ava?  Isn't this the same kid who told Sonny she was at the brownstone, knowing he would go there to kill her?  Well, he is his father's son.  His "love" is just as amazing.

I know and expect any court case on this show to strain the bounds of credulity, but this one...  Oy.  I can't believe no one brought up the paternity issue.  I can't believe Alexis didn't ask Sonny if he was going to go back to the mob.  I can't believe there weren't more witnesses called to prove what a crap father Sonny is.  I can't believe the judge didn't take longer than five minutes to make his decision.  Dude, I know you're trying to do your girlfriend a solid, but at least make it look good.  Most of all I can't believe we're expected to think Michael had to resort to a dirty trick to win (if he does), because, seriously, just one of the items on Sonny's list of misdeeds should've turned the tide in Michael's favor.

I agree with others who've said the show is trying to paint Sonny as the hero, the one in the right, in all of this.  And that is abhorrent.

• Love 9

Oh look, there's those allegedly awful Q's playing with Danny, giving him a juice box, talking about being happy to have more kids in the house, and supporting each other. I loved everything Ned/Tracy today, especially Tracy supporting off-screen Monica and celebrating her and Michael acting like true Q's. And then Michael telling Alexis to go for the jugular, and giving Sonny the death stare . . . I LOVE THE Q's!!!! Judge Walters will fit in nicely.

Ava's memorial, Dante/Olivia, and even Casadine cousins at Shriner's was all really good.

Laura is killing it with the facial expressions this week. If Carly must be around, can she just stand in the background and react to things instead of having story or dialogue herself?

Jasus is as boring with Sloane as he with Sam, Carly, and Liz. I don't know if the problem is Billy, the writing . . . I dont know what the problem is but he is so boring. Any scene with or about him should flash a 'don't operate heavy machinery while watching' warning at the bottom of the screen.

• Love 13

Since Sloan is with Hells and Fluke, why is he after the Jeromes, it would make more sense if he wanted Jake to spy on Sonny's organization and this would make for a much better story.

• Love 3

I thought I heard the judge call the baby Avery Jane Corinthos or Avery Joan Corinthos. Just assumed she had a middle name. My bad.

Didn't Morgan say her middle name was "Bavery"?

• Love 2

I thought I heard the judge call the baby Avery Jane Corinthos or Avery Joan Corinthos. Just assumed she had a middle name. My bad.

I could see the baby being referred to as Avery Jerome Corinthos and the "Jerome" sounding like "Joan".

• Love 2

Forgive me, Danny Boy is a beautiful song, but depressing as all get out.  That this is Delia's go-to song to cheer someone up is ridiculous.

I know and expect any court case on this show to strain the bounds of credulity, but this one...  Oy.  I can't believe no one brought up the paternity issue.  I can't believe Alexis didn't ask Sonny if he was going to go back to the mob.  I can't believe there weren't more witnesses called to prove what a crap father Sonny is.

Maybe Delia is under the delusion that living around the Ryans and owning the bar magickally made her Irish. 

I have been complaining about Alexis not demanding a paternity test since the custody case began.  I dislike the way she's handling Michael's case and she still seems very pro-Sonny to me.  She has a love for mobsters and I don't think she was a good choice for an attorney in this case.  Her badgering Michael to give up the case was just beyond the pale, and rage-inducing.

It's a shame that Kevin is nowhere to be found, as maybe that character could explain to one of these numbskulls that, just because someone is related to you, does not mean you have to include their poisonous presence in your life.  That love does not equal child endangerment.  That biology does not a good parent make, automatically - a psychopath is still a psychopath, and having a baby around does not change that, all it does is put the baby in danger.

Gah!  These writers!

• Love 3

Re: Danny Boy - I knew I was being blatantly manipulated, but it worked anyway.  Delia singing Maeve's song brought a tear to this old lady's eye.

I thought we might get a flashback of Maeve actually singing at the old Ryan's Bar!

• Love 4
(edited)

I think BestestAuntEver just wanted Avery to have the initials "A.J.".

Yes, this is what my confused brain meant. I blame Sonny for my lack of clarity.

Wow, Q's acting like Q's and getting family time. I would have definitely taken more of this than whatever MoRon was attempting during sweeps. Loved Tracy's glee with Michael and Monica's behavior.

All I could do was laugh at Sonny's anger for being called out on his actual actions.

Baby Avery is just too cute. Her cooing, being transfixed with Delia's singing and her "mute button" pacifier.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 5

Jasus is as boring with Sloane as he with Sam, Carly, and Liz. I don't know if the problem is Billy, the writing . . . I dont know what the problem is but he is so boring. Any scene with or about him should flash a 'don't operate heavy machinery while watching' warning at the bottom of the screen.

I do think BM is a better actor than SB, but they've made Jakeson so perfect in everything he says and does, he has absolutely no flavor at all.

• Love 2

I do think BM is a better actor than SB, but they've made Jakeson so perfect in everything he says and does, he has absolutely no flavor at all.

I think they're taking too long with the reveal. The only way this story gets interesting (IMO) is when Jason remembers. I have no interest in the Jake stuff, as it's just him sitting there listening to various women talk about Jason. I don't blame BM. It's the writers and the plot.

• Love 3
(edited)

Is it possible that they're using this Spencer accident to SORAS him?  Today, Nik sat down beside Spencer's bed, but we never actually saw Spencer.  Made me wonder if NB is on his way out for a different actor.

Why is it that Ric keeps saying that Michael hasn't proven that Sonny is an unfit father, despite the long list of Sonny's crimes and all the times the various children's lives were in danger.  What more could Michael say?  What more could a person say to prove unfitness??

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 3