Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

My opinion on Ric's stratagy is that Michael's whole stance isn't that Sonny is a mobster, it is that being around a mobster puts Avery's life at risk b/c history shows children around him have been at risk.

Well Michael had a hit man come to his apartment with a gun to kill him and almost got himself and Rosalie shot. He had to kill this man to keep from dying. This hit man was sent by Mickey Diamond for Luke to kill Michael b/c he was the CEO of ELQ. That had nothing to do with Sonny, yet Michael and anyone around him at the time could have died. So reality is Avery wouldn't be any safer with Michael. If Michael would have had her at that time she could still have been injured by a stray bullet like Michael was as a child.

I think what Ric is referring to is when Michael killed Johnny's sister Claudia, a violent mobster in her own right who was attempting to kidnap newborn Josslyn (Carly: What's a Jossalyn?) at the time.

Also, bringing up that other guy Michael killed in self-defense would be a mistake because, hmmm, who illegally disposed of that body?  I'm pretty sure that was Sonny and company.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Aaarrggh!  Before tonight, no one was writing in the comments section of Hulu, regarding GH...now, it seems as if the Sonny fans decided to spew their nonsense there, too.  All hating Michael, of course, and all still yakking about Sonny "who loves his kids."  Is there no escape from these people??

Loved Michael relating all the reasons why Avery isn't safe - awesome job!  I guess Silas had to tell Ava sometime what was happening but what did he mean by, "Not unless someone else steps up"?  I wonder, who did he mean?  Not Kiki, as she has already given up that idea. 

I would love to see Ava fight for Avery but I have no idea how the writers are going to get her out of the legal fix she's in.  They can't bring AJ back, especially after that surreal "stairway to heaven" bit they did when he died, so...I can't work out how they're going to do it.

Grr@Sonny demanding of Michael, "Can I have my baby now?"  He's so full of himself, seeing everyone as a possession.  He still just doesn't get why this is happening to him, or how anything he could have possibly done to make him the not-so-ideal father. 

"It's not Mr. Corninthos' fault that some hitman is a bad shot."  Really, Ric?  Did you think that was at all intelligent to say? 

I wish the writers would just have Elizabeth be done with Ric, for good.  They don't do much with her character except make her look vapid and flighty, and it would be nice to see the actress get a better storyline.  I guess it's just reflective of how the writers see women.

• Love 7

Michael is pissing me off. I want him to shut up. Avery is not your sister! You changed your last name to Quartermaine, therefore, Avery is not your sister. He has no rights. He's not even a Corinthos anymore, so Avery is not his freaking sister!

I believe someone already mentioned this when it was brought up before, but Michael may have changed his last name, but unfortunately he can't remove the festering boil that is Sonny from being his legal father. So Avery is still his sister - no one, even Sonny, is contesting that point.

Michael's pissing me off, too. How dare he be so upset that Sonny murdered his father in cold blood and then got off for finishing the heroic effort that Michael started and jumping into the river like a dumbass with a bomb. And how dare he spread all those malicious truths about the horror that is being raised by Sonny. Avery can't be deprived of Sonny's love. Sure, she may get shot in the head someday and have to spend years re-learning the alphabet, but that's a small price to pay for Sonny paying attention to her every once in awhile and having to dodge glassware anytime Sonny so much as gets a hangnail.

Well Michael had a hit man come to his apartment with a gun to kill him and almost got himself and Rosalie shot. He had to kill this man to keep from dying. This hit man was sent by Mickey Diamond for Luke to kill Michael b/c he was the CEO of ELQ. That had nothing to do with Sonny, yet Michael and anyone around him at the time could have died. So reality is Avery wouldn't be any safer with Michael. If Michael would have had her at that time she could still have been injured by a stray bullet like Michael was as a child.

I think it is a valid arguement and this whole hearing is a farce to me b/c there is no way in real court Michael could have kept going on and on with his slanderous allegations(even though they are true there is no proof many of those things happened that way) a judge would have no way to tell truth from lie about half the stuff Michael said. Much of which was hearsay on Michael's part since he wasn't present just relating something told to him second hand. Ric could have objected many times over to half that stuff.

It's not really a valid argument. First of all, that's one time that Michael was sought after. It's not like Michael has stockpiled many enemies over time and has people coming after him all the time, unlike Sonny who's kids have repeatedly been put in harm's way. Secondly, Luke may have gone after Michael because of ELQ but Luke's real target this whole time has been Sonny. So once again, all roads lead back to Sonny. Thirdly, Michael is a legitimate businessman who was targeted through no fault of his own, unlike Sonny who chooses his violent business time and time before his kids' well-being.

None of what Michael said is a lie. And unless the judge is a complete idiot, she can't ignore the fact that Sonny's kids have been put in danger time and time again, whether she can truly prove that Sonny's alleged mob ties were at play or not. I'm not a legal expert, but this isn't some jury trial where Michael has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Sonny is unfit. The judge can take everything into consideration and only a complete idiot would award someone with Sonny's history custody of a gerbil, let alone a human child.

It seems pretty clear to me to keep this story going Michael is going to win custody and start feeling sorry he did fairly soon after.

I hope to God he does win. I think it's ludicrous after all these years that Sonny hasn't once legitimately lost custody of one of his kids, even though every single one of his baby mamas has tried to keep him away from their kids. I hope he doesn't regret. Someone else upthread mentioned a great twist would be it being revealed that Morgan is the real father and Michael ending up having to give Avery up to him. That would be a better end than Sonny raising another child.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 10

I think what Ric is referring to is when Michael killed Johnny's sister Claudia, a violent mobster in her own right who is attempting to kidnap newborn Josslyn (Carly: What's a Jossalyn?) at the time.

Could be right but wouldn't make as much sense, Michael isn't trying to take Avery b/c Sonny is a murderer he is trying to take her b/c being around him is unsafe due to his lifestyle.

You are probably right though b/c Ron and sense don't usually go together.

• Love 1

We can help Mikey with more arguments why Avery would be safer with him - or dropped of at the pound, or raised by feral cats - than stay with Sonny.

Such as - 

The danger she'll face from from crawling on broken bar wear...

Being around Snarly - just bring Joss into the courtroom - case closed...

Being shamed because her dad gives our really shitty Halloween candy (remember the crap Max was holding when he got shot?)....

Being around her brother Morgan, a guy whose brain is moving backward at such a rapid rate that he no longer knows how to put on his pants or tie his shoes....

Ditto the same argument, just subsitute "Kristina" for "Morgan".....

Letting the judge know that Sonny's first gift to the new girl child is the kiddie version of "My First Tanning Bed"......

• Love 7

Could be right but wouldn't make as much sense, Michael isn't trying to take Avery b/c Sonny is a murderer he is trying to take her b/c being around him is unsafe due to his lifestyle.

Okay, but even so, in general, businessmen/CEOs are less likely to have violent things happen to them than mob bosses.  And Sonny knows the court would frown on that, hence him "leaving the mob to Duke".

You know why I feel bad for Michael?  The only person to offer him an iota of on-screen support has been Sabrina.  SABRINA!

• Love 12

Micheal's allegations are far from slanderous. They're truth with documentation to back it up. Slander is legally defined as a false and damaging statement made up to damage someone's reputation. Micheal clearly stated that he had reports to back up everything he said under oath. If Sonny and/or Dante or Olivia are called to testify regarding Sonny shooting Dante and they lie, it's perjury, which is a felony. Under Judge Moesha, Dante could lose custody of Rocco as he's quick to do such a thing. Dante has a lot more to lose by lying for Sonny now. If anything, Micheal is telling the truth. Micheal is not the villain in this tale. Sorry. Now should he be going for Avery? I'd prefer Dante, to be honest. No judge would turn him down. But then again, why would a judge turn Micheal down?

• Love 10

Michael is pissing me off. I want him to shut up. Avery is not your sister! You changed your last name to Quartermaine, therefore, Avery is not your sister. He has no rights. He's not even a Corinthos anymore, so Avery is not his freaking sister!

And yet Sonny, Carly, Morgan, Kiki - no one - ever brings up that point.  So if they can't see it or the writers don't care, then why should we?

My opinion on Ric's stratagy is that Michael's whole stance isn't that Sonny is a mobster, it is that being around a mobster puts Avery's life at risk b/c history shows children around him have been at risk.

Except that no one knows about the hit on Michael at his apartment unless Sonny gave that information to Ric.  Even then, Ric can't use it because Sonny got rid of the body.  So I don't see him admitting to a cover-up and disposing of a body.  So that shooting won't be brought up at Monday's hearing is my guess.  The only killing that Ric can bring up is Claudia's death, and even that death was because of Sonny.  It wasn't murder.  It was manslaughter.

I think it is a valid arguement and this whole hearing is a farce to me b/c there is no way in real court Michael could have kept going on and on with his slanderous allegations

Some of it was heresay, but there were court records for much of what Michael mentioned. What's funny is that Michael's testimony was all true.  Not a single falsehood in it.

It seems pretty clear to me to keep this story going Michael is going to win custody and start feeling sorry he did fairly soon after.

I actually think the opposite.  I think Michael is going to grow to love that little girl and be forced to give her up.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4
I think it is a valid arguement and this whole hearing is a farce to me b/c there is no way in real court Michael could have kept going on and on with his slanderous allegations(even though they are true there is no proof many of those things happened that way) a judge would have no way to tell truth from lie about half the stuff Michael said. Much of which was hearsay on Michael's part since he wasn't present just relating something told to him second hand. Ric could have objected many times over to half that stuff.

[Nitpicking]If something is true, it automatically isn't slander[/nitpicking]

[Not nitpicking]Michael was standing next to Sonny in that warehouse the day he got shot in the head, and instead of protecting him, Scummy dove to protect Kate, his bedwarmer of the moment. Imagine the same thing happening, only with Avery being the kid in question. If Michael is his most beloved possession...er...son, and he didn't dive to keep him out of the line of fire, what are the odds he would even consider doing the same thing for Avery?[/not nitpicking]

• Love 12

Okay, but even so, in general, businessmen/CEOs are less likely to have violent things happen to them than mob bosses.  And Sonny knows the court would frown on that, hence him "leaving the mob to Duke".

You know why I feel bad for Michael?  The only person to offer him an iota of on-screen support has been Sabrina.  SABRINA!

It really doesn't seem to be a secret that Sonny temporarily has Duke running things, since several people in PC have mentioned it.  So does Sonny think the judge is that stupid to buy that? 

I feel bad for Michael because he can't go anywhere - even to Kelly's - without someone screaming at him that he's using Avery to hurt Sonny.  It's overkill by the writers, and if they are trying to sway viewers against Michael I think it's backfiring. 

I was disappointed that Ava said Michael was using Avery to stick it to Sonny - so now Ava, while not being a Sonny fan, is still the mouthpiece for the "Michael's just vengeful" point of view.  And I think that's a really one-dimensional p.o.v.  It's not hard to believe that Michael might actually be concerned for the baby, given his character.

I like it that Teresa Castillo might have a bigger role in the future, so I think it's great that Sabrina is Michael's friend.  I do wish Monica would make an appearance, though - and I was hoping that the judge that ruled in Maxie's case would be the judge in this one.  That would make fine drama.  (I know, IRL he would have to recuse himself but GH is never realistic so...)

• Love 5

To be clear I realize some of what Michael said was fact that could be proven and he was present at the things that happened to him, but the other stuff about Kristina and Morgan and AJ being coerced to sign his rights away he can't testify to it it is hersay and Ric could very rightly gotten that testimony thrown out. Now Morgan or Kristina themselves and Carly could be called as a hostile witness to testify to that stuff Michael was saying but Michael can't say it. The whole thing was a joke.

I also know what he said wasn't a lie but to the court it isn't the truth b/c in the courts eyes if you don't have proof it didn't happen so hence it is slanderous. It is true the Sonny coerced AJ to sign his rights away but where is the proof that happened? Michael wasn't there so anything he says is hersay. Sonny could sue Michael for slander and win if there is no proof it happened.

I know it was done to get the point across in the shortest possible way without letting Michael have any other support, but it was really ridiculous.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

Why did Sonny want custody of Micheal in the first place? Not because he loved him. But because he hated the Quartermaines and desperately wanted to stick it to them, specifically AJ. Carly was pregnant with Sonny's child after cheating on AJ while married to AJ to get something from the Quartermaines, I forget what. Typical Carly bs. Carly fell down the stairs and forever it's been AJ pushed Carly down the damn stairs. No. Dammit. Carly fell. She fell. And then Sonny decided Michael is my child. But before that he was Jason's. Before that Tony Jones's. Micheal has had more fathers than anyone else on tv. And Sonny has always treated him like a trophy. The only people to ever treat Micheal like a person were Alan, AJ, Jason, Robin, and Monica. Sonny and Carly screwed that kid up so much that he ended up with a weird imaginary friend and later in prison. When a kid thinks its ok to put out hits because he sees his father figure do it, that's not a good environment.

So Ric bringing that up is a stupid strategy imo.

• Love 10

So reality is Avery wouldn't be any safer with Michael.

Whether or not this is true, the reality remains that Avery's custody doesn't have to be an either/or - Sonny or Michael - decision.  There are other viable candidates who could be guardians of Avery, and, if worse came to worst, the court could put her in foster care.  No fun for any child, I'm sure, but there's no doubt in my mind that no child is safe in Sonny's care.

I can't get over how people keep talking about Sonny's "love" like it's some physical, tangible, inviolable thing that trumps all, including Avery's safety.  Also can't get over why no one is pushing the paternity test issue.    If I was Michael's lawyer, especially knowing Ava's character, I'd be all over pushing to have that done.  If it showed Sonny was Avery's father, no harm no foul, they continue apace with the case.  If it showed he wasn't, case over.  Of course, they're not pushing for that now because - Egregious plot point alert! - they don't want anyone to know he isn't Avery's father (pure speculation, and hope, that he isn't on my part, not a spoiler) but it's making Alexis look like a doofus in the process.

No worries.  Sonny's turn is coming.

Wasn't it wonderful how loving father Sonny insulted both Alexis and Michael with his lower class of client comment.  Warmed the cockles, it did.

• Love 3

Also can't get over why no one is pushing the paternity test issue.    If I was Michael's lawyer, especially knowing Ava's character, I'd be all over pushing to have that done.  If it showed Sonny was Avery's father, no harm no foul, they continue apace with the case.  If it showed he wasn't, case over.  Of course, they're not pushing for that now because - Egregious plot point alert! - they don't want anyone to know he isn't Avery's father (pure speculation, and hope, that he isn't on my part, not a spoiler) but it's making Alexis look like a doofus in the process.

Wasn't it wonderful how loving father Sonny insulted both Alexis and Michael with his lower class of client comment.  Warmed the cockles, it did.

Yes!!  I have posted this a couple of times now.  Sonny's never been tested and Alexis should bring that up, instead of worrying about who the father of Olivia's baby is - keep focused, Alexis!  And Silas' remark today about "somebody else stepping up" made me wonder...I can't see him switching paternity results but it was an odd thing for him to say to Ava.

Ah, Sonny and his snarky comments.  And his outburst in court, showing the judge how cool-headed and mellow he is.  Keep shouting out of turn, Sonny, let your true angry self shine through.

• Love 2

It was great fun today, watching Snarly make all those "I can't believe this", and "I'm so disappointed in you, MIchael", and "somebody come get this kid STAT she make a poopy" faces during the custody hearing.  Of course, watching Snarly make faces is always so much better than hearing her shriek.  

Poor lil' Moobs, sittiing there with his sad face on because a child he raised has DARED to get on the stand and TELL THE TRUTH.  It's just awful.  This is NOT how he raised Michael.  

A) I saw Snarly's expressions as "How could you tell those very uncomfortable truths in public? We feel so betrayed!" and "Oh my God, we've completely lost our control over him! And Jason's not here to come fix it!" I saw her face when he talked about the Q Family's place in society - she hated hearing him sound somewhat like AJ because she always wanted him to worship Sonny and Jason and utterly reject the Q Family, the mansion as a home, etc.   

B) So true, this is NOT how he raised Michael.

Just speculating re: the preview, that Ric will say Michael told his mother he didn't want Avery to be raised by a killer. So he turns it around, Michael, you're a killer, na na na. Hey, he obnoxiously clapped for Michael's statements in court, like it was a grand performance, so I think being an ass/poor strategist in this way seems logical too. It would be great if Michael somehow knew about, and brought up, that Sonny fired a gun at Jax (bullet shattered a glass vase) in the Drake household while little Emma was home, and that in a fit of anger, Carly - see the woman holding baby Avery over there? - grabbed a gun and shot a doctor during a trial in this very courthouse.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 5

[Nitpicking]If something is true, it automatically isn't slander[/nitpicking]

[Not nitpicking]Michael was standing next to Sonny in that warehouse the day he got shot in the head, and instead of protecting him, Scummy dove to protect Kate, his bedwarmer of the moment. Imagine the same thing happening, only with Avery being the kid in question. If Michael is his most beloved possession...er...son, and he didn't dive to keep him out of the line of fire, what are the odds he would even consider doing the same thing for Avery?[/not nitpicking]

Also Avery is a girl child, so therefore...

• Love 2

A) I saw Snarly's expressions as "How could you tell those very uncomfortable truths in public? We feel so betrayed!" and "Oh my God, we've completely lost our control over him! And Jason's not here to come fix it!" I saw her face when he talked about the Q Family's place in society - she hated hearing him sound somewhat like AJ because she always wanted him to worship Sonny and Jason and utterly reject the Q Family, the mansion as a home, etc.   

Just speculating re: the preview, that Ric will say Michael told his mother he didn't want Avery to be raised by a killer. So he turns it around, Michael, you're a killer, na na na. Hey, he obnoxiously clapped for Michael's statements in court, like it was a grand performance, so I think being an ass/poor strategist in this way seems logical too. It would be great if Michael somehow new, and brought up, that Sonny fired a gun at Jax in the Drake household while little Emma was home, and that in a fit of anger, Carly - see the woman holding baby Avery over there? grabbed a gun and shot a doctor during a trial in this very courthouse.  

Yeah, Snarly had this open-mouthed expression like, "How dare you say all that good stuff about the Quartermaines!"  She really lives in her own wee head.

Isn't it in the police reports that she shot someone in a courtroom?  And didn't Michael say he submitted police reports to the court?  Come on, Alexis!  Do your job!  Or did Julian...um, well, do something to you that made your brains fall out? *coughing fit*

I wish Michael had a different attorney, and not the one who helped Sonny take him away from AJ.

• Love 4

Does anyone know who Julian was on the phone with when he said something about PC still being the Jerome's territory.?

I think it's supposed to be a surprise. Hey, maybe mystery person has something to do with Rosalie's secret…nah, I bet Ron forgot about that.

• Love 1

Micheal should just respond "I've also sent a copy of a recording that has Sonny murdering my biological father as he begs for his life. Avery's mother is there confessinf to a murder of her own. There's a video too of Carly Jax and Sonny Corinthos having sex in my apartment conspiring to hide the murder of my father from the police. "

• Love 7

And Silas' remark today about "somebody else stepping up" made me wonder...I can't see him switching paternity results but it was an odd thing for him to say to Ava.

Well, he was involved with the test done on Carly that disproved her having any relation to Avery.  Of course, I seriously doubt he'd fudge the test that then put Sonny forward as Avery's father.  Perhaps he has another trick up his sleeve.  Hey, maybe he's Avery's father!  Unlikely, alas, but I find him infinitely preferable in that role to Sonny or Morgan.

• Love 1

It's a kickstarter fund. Also:

Team Micheal : He Never Liked Franco

Team Micheal : Takes A Punch Like A Man

Team Micheal : Because It Makes Carly & Sonny Mad

Team Micheal : Because We Don't Have Pity Either

Team Micheal : GTFO Kiki

Team Micheal : This Shirt Pissed Off Everyone In Port Charles

Team Micheal : Because You'd Reject Sonny's Love Too

Anymore ideas?

• Love 11

Isn't it in the police reports that she shot someone in a courtroom?  And didn't Michael say he submitted police reports to the court?  Come on, Alexis!  Do your job!  Or did Julian...um, well, do something to you that made your brains fall out? *coughing fit*

Alexis is doing her job. Right now, the judge is only asking to hear why Michael thinks Sonny is an unfit parent. While Carly is busy clutching Avery to her bosom like she's Avery's mom, it's not about her right now. Michael submitted police reports about the things Sonny was responsible for, not Carly.

• Love 2

Forgive me, if I am remembering in correctly, but didn't Snarly use hate sex to get Sonny to sign off on his parental rights to Morgan so that Jax could adopt him?  I don't believe that this has ever been reversed.

• Love 1

There's actually a ton more stuff that Michael could have brought up, including that while Morgan was at military school he was using the last name Benson, and that Sonny shot Carly in the head while she was giving birth to Morgan. Does he know about the whole Alexis/Ned/Kristina/Dobson thing? He could also have said that Sonny didn't know about Dante because Olivia considered it too dangerous even all those years ago.

• Love 4

I apologize for how long this is.  I just couldn't stop talking badly about  this show, but it's not my fault because the show is so terrible that I had no choice but to abuse it.  You know how it is.

I missed the first 15 minutes because my (adorable, but grabby) one year old niece loves remotes and somehow stopped the recording - do I care at all why Olivia went to visit Franco?  What are the theories about how Silas got Ava?  I cannot for the life of me figure out how that happened.  Does he scuba dive at night?  Why would Franco wait until now to tell Nina he was faking?  What in the hell is the point of that? 

I really need to stop trying to make sense of any of this. 

I think Ric has a plan to help Michael get custody.  The Ric that used to curry Sonny's favor has been gone for a while (hasn't he?), and this Ric is trying to convince Liz that he's a changed man, so I don't believe he would really be supporting Sonny at this point.  At least I hope. 

the other stuff about Kristina and Morgan and AJ being coerced to sign his rights away he can't testify to it it is hersay and Ric could very rightly gotten that testimony thrown out.

Some of that stuff Michael has firsthand or independent knowledge of, and so it wouldn't be hearsay.  Most of the rest of it would fall under an exception to the hearsay rule - statement against interest, excited utterance, and most importantly, reputation concerning character.

Hate to rehash this, but Avery *is* Michael's sister.  Michael changing his last name did not affect his legal relationship to anyone.  Legally, Carly is his mother, Sonny is his father, Morgan and Dante and Kristina and Avery are his siblings, Molly is his cousin, and so on and so forth.  Non-legally but true nonetheless, when he was Michael Corinthos, he still called Monica his grandmother and hell, even called AJ his dad.  He could legally change his name to John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt, and Avery would still be his sister.  Moreover, it is not a chain reaction situation - disavowing one member of your family doesn't sever ties with every other member of your family, legally or otherwise.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 18

Ava! Yay! With Silas! Boo! Honestly, I don't mind them in this capacity. They have a good rapport, and it kinda works for me that he's the one she called to help her.

Not even the horrible Silas could ruin Ava for me. And I'm glad they made a point to say it was Ava herself who got to shore on her own, pulled herself out of the water and walked through the woods to a gas station. Yes, she called him. Whoop de freaking doo. She saved herself, as far as I'm concerned. I could hardly think she was boring when she called Sonny a "slimy bastard". Girl continues to be my hero.

The rest of the show sucked, as usual. I'm glad Julian's back to mob mode, he was pathetically boring and lame before. If he's playing Sonny to take him down, then he can stay.

I think Ron is trolling me, or the writing is just more of the same yes we do/no we don't kind of thing that we get over and over and over. So now Morgan says he knew Ava better than Julian did. Well, I suppose he has a point, and I would gladly give one to him (he needs points badly right now since he's pretty much at negative 50), but this back and forth whiplash writing really sucks. I should be happy that Morgan remembers his relationship with her, and her name FFS, but just the inconsistency took me out of the scene. In any case, I never thought I'd see the day that Kiki, Morgan and Julian are all sticking up for Ava at the same time. Hell might have just frozen over.

I'm sure LLC had a good time working with RH, but that was painful. His fake LSD is stupider than this storyline can get. And all the names that Ron cribbed from long ago, it's really just sad.

Liz and Jake had a conversation. I watched it. I have no idea what it was about, nor do I care. THEY are appallingly boring. I'm really surprised she hasn't given him the bitchface yet.

I enjoyed Sonny getting his ass handed to him, and I'll enjoy it when it happens to Michael on Monday. I despise both of these characters, along with Carly, Nina, Franco and Silas. Morgan and Kiki remain on temporary passes, but they are treading a very thin line.

• Love 4

Love the trial so I could see Sonny's ass handed to him. Stop rolling your eyes you stupid fucks- Michael told the truth and someone finally called Sonny out. Is he so selfish that he can't leave the mob life to protect his children? Oh wait- I answered my own question.

Jakeson and Liz were snoozeworthy even on FF.

I can't warm up to NuKiki. She has no chemistry with Julian or Morgan yet. I can't feel bad for her for planning her mom's funeral because she's not Kiki to me.

At least they explained how Ava was alive. Managed to wander around after a bullet wound and a big fall. She will be walking around in about a week.

Burn doctor was definitely a real doctor- him talking about burns and the hospital sounded realistic, so it is probably what he really says to patients. No way these shitty writers could have written something so realistic and eloquent.

• Love 3

Ava is at the hospital in NYC that Silas used to work at. People owe Silas favors. Probably because he didn't let his vampire brother kill them. That's also the hospital where Stephen Clay "died" or is on staff if we believe Ron and Lucy are in their right minds.

Ava might be a vampire. Silas could be a vampire. Seems legit.

• Love 3

I forgot about the NYC hospital, that makes sense.  But how did Silas *find* Ava?  Or Ava find Silas, I guess.  She had a gunshot wound and landed in whatever water is between Pentonville and Port Charles (the Pacific Ocean?  Mississippi River?  Nile?  Erie Lake?  Red Sea?  This show has given me so much confusing geographical information that I'm really not sure), but I can't figure out how she ended up in any hospital with Silas keeping her secret.

Here comes a rant, so look away if you're not interested:

You know what else Michael could bring up at the hearing?

The reason Morgan used the name Benson in private school was because SONNY FUCKING ADMITTED that any child of his was not safe.  He knows it.

Sonny tried to kill Jax, a man who was the actual father of Joss and a father figure to Morgan and an uncle figure to Michael, someone they had known and loved for much of their lives, because Sonny was mad.

When Michael was a child, he was able to get a gun from (I think) Sonny's and he tried to order a hit because he had been raised to believe that's how you got things done.  And all of the adults in his life didn't think that was really a problem.

Sonny killed that Russian guy in cold blood, and I'm pretty sure Michael knew about that.  Maybe witnessed it?

When and after Michael was in a coma because someone wanted to kill Sonny and Sonny chose to protect his girlfriend instead of his child, Sonny admitted to several people, including Michael, that it was all Sonny's fault because of his business.  (Sidetone: How did Michael ever forgive Sonny for protecting Kate/Connie over him?)

Obviously, Sonny killed AJ.

Jason, who Michael loved, is dead because of Sonny.

Lily and clink-boom are dead because of Sonny.

Brenda, who Michael was close to, was shot up in the shower because of Sonny.

I feel like there must be at least a hundred more examples, and we could do this all day.  Michael killing Claudia to protect his sister and killing that goon to save his own life does not compare at all.

• Love 9

Forgive me, if I am remembering in correctly, but didn't Snarly use hate sex to get Sonny to sign off on his parental rights to Morgan so that Jax could adopt him?  I don't believe that this has ever been reversed.

After Michael was shot and he was placed in the facility where they thought Michael would never recover, Sonny and Carly had hate grief sex. Afterwards, Carly demanded that Sonny give up his parental rights and said she wanted Jax to adopt Morgan. Morgan loved Jax but he didn't want to lose Sonny and he did not want to be adopted by Jax no matter how much he loved him. He was eventually sent to military school with the last name Benson. When Jax was divorcing Carly, he initially was going after full custody of Joss and Morgan, but Alexis reminded him that he never did adopt Morgan so he would be unable to get custody of Morgan.

Like most trials on GH, this one continues the fine tradition of being silly. Michael will probably get custody and Avery will get to live in the Q mansion with the loving multigenerational family living there. All four of them: Michael, Monica who is rarely seen but would certainly love the child of the two people responsible for killing her last child, Tracy who cannot stand Michael most of the time, and Ned who is going to be involved in his own silly baby shenanigans. 

• Love 4

now Morgan says he knew Ava better than Julian did

Heh-- someone on Twitter remarked that of course Morgan knew Ava better than Julian "They're Jeromes not Lannisters!"

I'm dreading how they're going to spin this so that Sonny wins, yet again. The person who actually comes off the worst in all this is Carly. She really sounded like a cult member. "Don't deprive Avery of Sonny's love, you know how wonderful Sonny's love is."

Seriously creepy.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 13

Turtle, regarding how Ava and Silas connected: (Please keep in mind that I'm usually on my iPad during this show playing Scrabble, because it's more interesting.). I believe Ava said she crawled out of the (body of water of choice) and dragged herself to a house/gas station/store and called Silas. Silas then said he doesn't usually answer a call from an unknown number but for some reason,he did that one time. I'll have to go back and rewatch to be sure, but that's the gist of it.

• Love 5

"They're Jeromes, not Lannisters!" Can that be a T shirt too? A good Jules line yesterday was "I didn't grow up with Ava, in fact I didn't always want her around, but now I miss her." Felt the same for you too Jules, till you became Team Sonny's Love.

Btw Micheal did say on the stand the stand "My brother Morgan was sent to military school under an assumed name." Since Ron loves to screw up history, I'll take that as close to Morgan went to military school as Morgan Benson. He also finished that with "....where even there Sonny's enemies found him and thugs beat him up." So Ron couldn't keep it straight that Ava and Julian targeted Morgan specifically in the gambling ring. Huge plot hole. Nice writing there, Ron. Because there was a big point for Micheal to point out that not even the maternal side of Avery's family is safe, whereas the Quartermaines are safe. It also counteracts any future attacks on AJ's or Jason or Alan's character that are inevitably coming via Ric.

• Love 4

There's actually a ton more stuff that Michael could have brought up, including that while Morgan was at military school he was using the last name Benson, and that Sonny shot Carly in the head while she was giving birth to Morgan. Does he know about the whole Alexis/Ned/Kristina/Dobson thing? He could also have said that Sonny didn't know about Dante because Olivia considered it too dangerous even all those years ago.

He did say Morgan was sent to military school with an assumed name, but that didn't stop him from getting beat up because people figured out who his father is. I was actually shocked that he didn't bring up Sonny shooting Carly during Morgan's birth. I guess he just doesn't want to bring her into this at all right now? I think he's just sticking with facts of the childhood traumas of the 3 kids. Bringing up Alexis and Olivia's lying about paternity/decisions to keep Sonny away from their children doesn't quite hit one in the heart like hearing directly from an adult child about all the violence and kidnappings children had to survive because of Sonny's lifestyle and decisions. That is proof he is a danger to children. Otherwise Ric could go at him like "You're saying Sonny is unfit? Did you ever starve as a child? Were you beaten? Left alone when you were too young to fend for yourself?" 

• Love 3

I think it's ludicrous after all these years that Sonny hasn't once legitimately lost custody of one of his kids, even though every single one of his baby mamas has tried to keep him away from their kids.

And this is why the custody hearing is stupid. Not because Michael isn't really Avery's brother (which is actually not even true), but because there is no way in hell I believe Sonny would get sole custody of a baby at this point in time, even in the real world. Literally the only thing he has going for him is he is the birth father, but even that isn't actually legally true I don't think.

I was disappointed that Ava said Michael was using Avery to stick it to Sonny - so now Ava, while not being a Sonny fan, is still the mouthpiece for the "Michael's just vengeful" point of view.  And I think that's a really one-dimensional p.o.v.  It's not hard to believe that Michael might actually be concerned for the baby, given his character.

It's stuff like this that just makes it 100% clear IMO that we're meant to be loving and rooting for Sonny in this instance and to think Michael is disgusting and evil to be doing this. Such fucking bullshit it fills me with rage. 

You know, if anyone ever did make t-shirts...we could raise money for charity.

How funny would it be if we made t-shirts with all the GH slogans we've come up with and then sold them and donated all the profits to Shriner's. Man, RC would flip his shit.

Heh-- someone on Twitter remarked that of course Morgan knew Ava better than Julian "They're Jeromes not Lannisters!"

They're not quite Lannisters but I think they're pretty close. They have some real inappropriate sexual chemistry.

I'm dreading how they're going to spin this so that Sonny wins, yet again. The person who actually comes off the worst in all this is Carly. She really sounded like a cult member. "Don't deprive Avery of Sonny's love, you know how wonderful Sonny's love is."

This. Carly is just unbelievably awful and embarrassing. At least Sonny sorta kinda seems like he's a smidgen remorseful about killing AJ. Of course only because it made his favorite possession mad at him, but still, it's better than Carly, who thinks she and Sonny did nothing wrong and seems to believe Michael should actually thank them.

• Love 7

Ric could go at him like "You're saying Sonny is unfit? Did you ever starve as a child? Were you beaten? Left alone when you were too young to fend for yourself?" 

"Did he ever chain your mother to a wall while she was pregnant? Oh, wait....."

I don't really care about the Panic Room because I hate Carly, but Ric ignoring his own history while trying to help Sonny's sorry ass get custody of an innocent baby is fucked up. STFU, Sonny's Brother.

• Love 3
New Kiki sux.  She has all the wrong emotions.  Almost smiles and looks wistful when talking about her dead mother.  WTH?!

She is horrible and not easy on the eyes.  Hopefully she'll play her scenes with Ava better than KA. Boy did Ava's dislike of Sonny sound like music to the ears or what?  I can't stand Sonny's stain on this show but am getting a (very) wee bit of enjoyment that MB is getting fewer lines and he still butchers them. 

Jakeson and Liz were snoozeworthy even on FF.

THEY are appallingly boring.

I enjoy watching both actors plus there is chemistry there.  I really don't watch GH to get my blood pressure up.  Nurse (at a soap called 'general Hospital') with a patient that has amnesia - classic plot line.  Of course, if they moved the storyline along a little faster, I wouldn't complain.   I'd rather watch this couple every single minute than having to watch the Sonny Corinthos family hour.

• Love 3

"Did he ever chain your mother to a wall while she was pregnant? Oh, wait....."

I don't really care about the Panic Room because I hate Carly, but Ric ignoring his own history while trying to help Sonny's sorry ass get custody of an innocent baby is fucked up. STFU, Sonny's Brother.

But Sonny is on trial, not Ric. The panic room is irrelevant in this case. Ric is doing his job trying to make Michael unfit by bringing up him killing people as well. If he didn't bring it up, Sonny would lose custody. Of course we know that Sonny is more unfit than Michael because there is nothing else against Michael besides him killing someone (in self defense of course).

• Love 2

But Sonny is on trial, not Ric. The panic room is irrelevant in this case. Ric is doing his job trying to make Michael unfit by bringing up him killing people as well. If he didn't bring it up, Sonny would lose custody. Of course we know that Sonny is more unfit than Michael because there is nothing else against Michael besides him killing someone (in self defense of course).

Right in 1982 I think it was.Scott was representing susan and Lee Alan and anyways they called Heather to the stand who lied about a bunch of it about alan coming on to her imagine that lol.Anyways some time during the trial Lee brought up that Scott and Heather were having an intimate realtionship but the judge said that  had no bearings on the case.I could see how what Rics pst crimes are really irrevlant to this custody hearing.TRuthfully both alexis and ric are really conflict of interest but then we wouldn't have any lawyers left lol.

• Love 3

That was Jamey Giddens who said it. The one time I didn't want him to shut up.

They're not quite Lannisters but I think they're pretty close. They have some real inappropriate sexual chemistry.

Indeed. Maura thinks so too, which makes me love her even more.

• Love 3

If Ric asked Micheal were you starved, beaten, or neglected, couldn't Micheal answer that he was shot, put in a coma, imprisoned, and raped? Morgan was beaten. Kristina was beaten and blown up. Kristina was blown up by Sonny. Dante was shot by Sonny. So, yes, Micheal was neglected. He wasn't allowed to be sheltered from the Thug Lifestyle of Sonny Corinthos due to Carly and Sonny's selfishness. Dante, Kristina, and Morgan at least had outside sources that would remove them somewhat. Their trouble only came when Sonny was the outside factor. Carly is going to play mommy to Avery so she's included. She and Sonny played God with AJ and Micheal and look what happened to them. AJ is dead. Micheal was raped, shot, and has a record. He isn't a criminal because Sonny isn't his biological father and the Quartermaines never gave up on him, specifically AJ and Jason and Alan and Monica and Edward. That alone means the Quartermaines will be a better influence on Avery than Sonny or Carly.

• Love 5

Well, he was involved with the test done on Carly that disproved her having any relation to Avery.  Of course, I seriously doubt he'd fudge the test that then put Sonny forward as Avery's father.  Perhaps he has another trick up his sleeve.  Hey, maybe he's Avery's father!  Unlikely, alas, but I find him infinitely preferable in that role to Sonny or Morgan.

I don't think he's Avery's father as he didn't start cozying up to Ava until after the kidnapping. In the absence of Sonny's DNA, they tested Carly to rule out Morgan as the father.  It didn't establish any paternity.  It could be AJ's for all we know. 

When Silas said maybe someone else would step forward, he could mean Delia.  Or Julian. Or he could persuade Kiki.  Or himself perhaps.  I still think he should have kept that info to himself until she was more recovered.

I missed the first 15 minutes because my (adorable, but grabby) one year old niece loves remotes and somehow stopped the recording - do I care at all why Olivia went to visit Franco?  What are the theories about how Silas got Ava?  I cannot for the life of me figure out how that happened.  Does he scuba dive at night?  Why would Franco wait until now to tell Nina he was faking?  What in the hell is the point of that? 

Olivia went to visit Franco because she feels a kinship with him as they both got jabbed with LSD by/for Heather.  And she wanted to let him know that it gets better.  Also, she had to confess the Julian fling/paternity to someone who could blackmail her down the line.  And who better than someone who just helped another loon kidnap an infant.

Ava said she crawled out of the water, stumbled down the road to a gas station where there's a payphone (imagine that!) where she called Silas (guess she has his # memorized). Silas said he usually doesn't answer calls from a strange # (well that's good to know doc) but he had a feeling about this one.  Then they gave each other knowing looks.

Franco waited to tell Nina he was faking until he was sure that she was 100% mentally competent.  At least that's my theory.  He's still too early because while I think Nina has a better grasp of reality now, she's still a loon.

She is horrible and not easy on the eyes.  Hopefully she'll play her scenes with Ava better than KA. Boy did Ava's dislike of Sonny sound like music to the ears or what?  I can't stand Sonny's stain on this show but am getting a (very) wee bit of enjoyment that MB is getting fewer lines and he still butchers them. 

I wonder if they choose this actress to make us miss KA. 

• Love 3

Okay, sure. Is Michael aware that Sonny intended to Panic Room Ava, with the intention of murdering her once the kid was born? Regardless, Ric's hypocrisy when he knows exactly what its like to have to grovel for even the possibility of a crumb of Mini McMoobster's "affection" is stunning, and not in a good way. So STFU, Sonny's Brother.

• Love 6