Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh geeze what's next? The Flash references?! This is officially a delusion tour? We want to get off, Ron.

I went to the Dr yesterday for a sinus infection and ended up having tests done because apparently my blood pressure it really high (and it never has been.) I'm on orders to take it easy. Clearly I hate myself and need professional help since I've yet to change the channel.

NuKiki looks like the last Kristina... With a touch of Daphne Oz.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 7

W.T.F. was that convo with Robert Frank and Nina? Why on God's green earth would he call her Phyllis? Unless he was trolling Y&R.

That's what he was doing, even said she was from Wisconsin, which is where "Genoa City" which is the Y&R location is. 

I knew Silas had Ava.

Everything Michael said about how they grew up was right on. I really hope they get Maxie's judge.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6

Seriously Ron? I mean REALLY? I didn't think he could top his little joke about James Franco and Anne Hathaway, but he succeeded today when Franco called Nina "Phyllis." Is there no one who can make him stop???

• Love 3

Spinelli can't afford it? Hahahaha, that's bullshit! Not for years. Jason and Sam (and probably Sonny at points, I can't recall) had him on the payroll and Jason was rich as fuck with his blood money, now Sam is too. But Ron's done this many times with characters before despite all their past circumstances.

Re: the comparison at the top of the page, I do think soaps can and should use kids in active story, as GH has often done through the decades. But I don't think the show would ever have had Robin or Rowdy or little Lucky or Emily hanging around talking about how "I want you" or "you never tell me you love me when we're alone" - I didn't see an issue before, but now, watching how it's developed into that kind of dialogue, I think that shit is just weird and inappropriate. Also, those '90s kids were older, came off older, and were real actors, but if you gave them a lot of this it would still have been weird. These new kids are also visibly much younger than JJ, Amber Tamblyn or Kimberly, and most of 'em can barely deliver lines. Over the last year or so they have gone from "isn't it cute that these kids have a little crush on each other?", which I think is fine and can be used in story in easy ways, to trying to fuse adult romantic dynamics to very young children in a really awkward and sometimes creepy way that I don't think they intended, but which just does not work. If they were 12 or 13 a lot of it would more acceptable, but at either age I think a lot of the dialogue is still often really off.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 8

Well I already think NuKiki is a 100% improvement, acting wise. She's very pretty in a natural way and she strikes me as much more believable as a boho-ish chick from Manhattan who is the daughter of an art gallery owner.

too bad her character is still all "wah wah Michael you're being soooo meeeean."

So Silas is hiding Ava but not telling anyone, even Kiki? Dick.

Morgan: Michael works 24/7, no one is gonna give Michael custody.

Morgan, judges actually kinda tend to like that sort of thing . . . 

Good job from Tyler again today.

Sonny and Ric look like they sharpie'd each others beards on.

NuKiki looks like the last Kristina... With a touch of Daphne Oz.

Oh wow you guys are right. It was bugging me who she reminded me of. She seems better acting-wise, so far, though.

• Love 7

Is it just me or does nuKikki look a lot like nuKristina? Not Lexi. Odd that I got that vibe.

TC is doing a *fabulous* job. Kudos to him.

And, W.T.F. was that convo with Robert Frank and Nina? Why on God's green earth would he call her Phyllis? Unless he was trolling Y&R.

From the side I thought she was Connie.

and the Phyllis thing was to honor Y&R and the fans of both shows per RC and MS.

Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was edited
  • Love 1

Off-topic: Genie looks fantastic in that nurti-system commercial.

On-topic: Mo and Rick need to put down the dye bottles and back away slowly.

I like NuKeeks.

Tyler, Becky, Chad and Laura were excellent today.

I hope Lil' Douche: Crispy Edition, comes back from Shriner's with a new face.

Tyler sounded different in that Shriner's commercial. Does he purposely speak differently as Nik?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Have not seen the episode yet but if Ron was/is respectful, reverent and kind towards Shriner's Children's Hospital than I may forget what an absolute dick he is most of the time and give him some serious props and applause for a shout out to one of the great (along with St. Jude's) Children's care centers in the universe. Any parent who has ever had a sick kid (and I did years and years ago....grew up to be own little Lucky) just has mad respect for the work done there. Hell I may need to open a new twitter account and send Ron some love

• Love 2

I'm sorry but Luke looks like the Lorax. That thick-ass white beard has grown out to consume his face and he can barely stand. This is the least menacing man alive.

I would be afraid he might vomit on my shoes. Yesterday when he was like "is that how you greet your father-in-laaa-aaw" it seriously sounded like he was about to go "blah" and throw up everywhere.

• Love 4

I would be afraid he might vomit on my shoes. Yesterday when he was like "is that how you greet your father-in-laaa-aaw" it seriously sounded like he was about to go "blah" and throw up everywhere.

Ol' Boy looks like Benji the dog after a long bender.

• Love 3

Oh wow, Franco was being meta again. So entertaining. STFU you piece of worthless shit.

Oh wow, Ava is alive and Silas is helping her. This is shocking. Whatever. I can't be bothered to care about either of these people. Please make it stop.

Michael has some nerve telling Kiki she'll never be allowed to see her sister again. STFU. This is exactly why I don't buy his bullshit about caring about Avery's well being. She may be safer with him but that's not why he's doing this. He just wants to punish Sonny, Kiki, and Morgan.

• Love 3

have always thought that if Fluke was not actually Pat, then his alter is Pat, because TG does change his mannerisms to be slightly more effeminate when he is Fluke.  And I agree, something really bad is going to be the root cause of this.

But seriously, DOES ANYONE CARE?  Mr. Geary can exit stage left AFIC.

{quote aboove} So THIS is the storyline Geary has waited all his life to play??  Well isn't that just special.  Besides those oh-so-dramaaaaaaaaaaaaatic pauses when he speaks, I also particularly love the Totie Fields bouffant hair-do he wears as Fluke}.quote

I can't lie, this caused me to spit out my afternoon beverage. Totie Fields, indeed!!!!   :)

• Love 2

Why is this random waitress day player talking to the audience?

I realized I don't care about NuKiki or OldKiki.

Morgan has like, no emotion talking about Ava. Lol @ him saying "at least it's a good one" when referring to the pic with Avery. Wtf.

Lmao @ Spencer being a hero for running into flames for a robe. I wonder if he's going to wake up like the asshole he was.

I'm tired of everyone talking and yelling at Michael like he's dirt in their shoes. And I don't even care about Michael.

Is Ron SERIOUS with this Y&R shit!? This show is a meta joke to him. He's completely destroyed any good GH had. It's all about jokes and giggles. And it's not even funny. Fuck.

Sonny has a beard now because...sure.

Tyler is the only one that kept this shit afloat today. Even though Nik being outraged by Dr. O makes him look like a hypocrite.

Did the show start calling Emma "Emma Drake" and not "Emma Scorpio-Drake" under Ron? Because of course.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

"Been a Cassidine all of five minutes, but I'm crazy about Spencer."

I'm gonna let that one go because a) You are not really a Cassidine and b) Even if you were a Cassidine you have been one all of five minutes.

"The role of Kiki Jerome will now be played by Haley Erin"

Silas: Excuse me, Kiki. I already can't stand to be in a scene with you, so I'm going over there to talk to Nina's brother.

Edited by backbiter
  • Love 4

Morgan has like, no emotion talking about Ava. Lol @ him saying "at least it's a good one" when referring to the pic with Avery. Wtf.

Lmao @ Spencer being a hero for running into flames for a robe. I wonder if he's going to wake up like the asshole he was.

I'm tired of everyone talking and yelling at Michael like he's dirt in their shoes. And I don't even care about Michael.

Is Ron SERIOUS with this Y&R shit!? This show is a meta joke to him. He's completely destroyed any good GH had. It's all about jokes and giggles. And it's not even funny. Fuck.

Tyler is the only one that kept this shit afloat today. Even though Nik being outraged by Dr. O makes him look like a hypocrite.

Did the show start calling Emma "Emma Drake" and not "Emma Scorpio-Drake" under Ron? Because of course.

I never cared aboiut kiki in the first place lol thought it was pointless to recast myself.

I guess they did start calling Emma Emma Drake under Ron.

Did the show start calling Emma "Emma Drake" and not "Emma Scorpio-Drake" under Ron? Because of cou

Edited by Harmony233

"Been a Cassidine all of five minutes, but I'm crazy about Spencer."

I'm gonna let that one go because a) You are not really a Cassidine and b) Even if you were a Cassidine you have been one all of five minutes.

Is that what he said?! The only time they've ever interacted was the election episode. Lame.

I went to the Dr yesterday for a sinus infection and ended up having tests done because apparently my blood pressure it really high (and it never has been.) I'm on orders to take it easy. Clearly I hate myself and need professional help since I've yet to change the channel.

I hope everything is OK. It seems like several of us are having health problems currently; I think we should blame this show.

He [Michael] just wants to punish Sonny, Kiki, and Morgan.

Good.

That was so strange, but I thought it was kinda cute. That actress is kinda interesting to me. I almost wanted her to get promoted to a more important character, but she'd probably just be related to Sonny or something so never mind.

• Love 8

I never stop laughing whenever suddenly, random-ass people like Sonny are all about Spencer. Until the producers took a shine to Nicolas Bechtel Sonny had never had the slightest amount of time for his nephew, from birth til now. But since then Sonny's like "Spencer's comin' over! Get his present! How's Spencer's party goin'? Keep me updated!" It's ridiculous. And Nathan? Come on.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 12

I thought Tyler did great work in the hospital scenes, and in that hospital PSA. I thought it seemed different because he spoke very clearly, directly to the camera in a positive tone.  Nikolas gets angry or indignant on a regular basis, which changes his tone of voice and clarity of speech. In the PSA, he just comes across as a regular guy promoting the work of an important hospital.  I think we were seeing Nikolas the TV character v. Tyler the man.

• Love 7

Have they ever did what they did with the day player telling the audience that a new actor/actress is playing the character that was odd lol. So Kiki dyed her hair, grew a few inches , got a deeper voice and got more attractive. That's all I have for now more will come when I watch the whole Episode

I do not get what is happening with Sonny's hair and beard. What is the show trying to communicate with the constant changes? Why are they doing it? It's driving me little batty.

I think New Kiki makes some odd facial expressions, as did the former Kiki.

So Ron thinks that if he references one of the greatest medical institutions in the world that will somehow cover for the shit load of nonsense he has going right now. Yeah, sure, okay. He is such a shameless ass.

I give him a pass on this because they said some great things about Shriner's and showed a commercial with some of the kids they've helped. It's a really good organization and I'd much rather they promote that than Campbell's soup. Definitely does not erase all the bullshit of course, but I think it was a genuinely good thing to do.

Spencer and Nik are going to be gone for a while, right? Is it possible they'll use this time to SORAS the kids? I wouldn't mind that, but I really can't imagine this regime letting go the actors who play Spencer and Emma especially. They should do something though because we're only a few months from summer and Molly and TJ are out our teens, and we haven't seen them in months.

• Love 2

So I really liked today's show except for Silas. WTH is up with him? I mean Ava kept his daughter from him her whole life and he had some part in what happened leading to Nina's coma yet he is all about protecting a murderer escaped from prison yet hasn't even bothered to VISIT his wife and knows nothing of Nina's case. Very dickish behavior, not to mention letting his own daughter whom he supposedly loves(I'd think much more than he cares about Ava) think her mother is dead.

I haven't really been against Michael until today. He clearly is not thinking of Avery as a person. He is thinking of her philosophically as a "child of a mobster" but not of Avery herself. I mean what risk do Kiki or Morgan pose to Avery? None. He clearly is all about the hate and I'm not down with that.

Far be it for me to defend Poohbear, but I was cheering when he punched Michael.

Michael is so manic about "winning" Avery yet he wouldn't even look at her nor hold her without Carly's proding. I doubt he even has baby things she needs what will he do with her if he wins? Park her in her stroller in the hall of the Q manison and hope someone takes care of her?

I was glad to see Nathan living his life and not worrying about Spin and Maxie.

I thought Sonny was sweet today, taking care of the baby, making up with his brother and worrying about Spencer. awww

Nik and Liz were both good. I still think they have the best chemsitry with eachother.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1
I never stop laughing whenever suddenly, random-ass people like Sonny are all about Spencer. Until the producers took a shine to Nicolas Bechtel Sonny had never had the slightest amount of time for his nephew, from birth til now.

Seriously. Sonny barely remembers his own children, let alone other people's. And spare me Sonny's guilt about Spencer. 

I don't like nuLauren, but I never liked the character, and recasting seems utterly pointless.

The Y&R reference was dumb, and about a year too late.

KG was definitely reading off cue cards when she was doing the Shriner's PSA. I'm a little uncomfortable with it only because this show is terrible when it comes to medical and social issues. Throwing in an occasional RAINN or Shriner's mention doesn't mitigate that.

Silas's "You're grown men. Supposedly." was the best line of the week.

It was weird to see Sonny in a white dress shirt; he usually wears dark shirts.

Why is everyone at the courthouse so early? I want Michael to win only because it will burn Morgan. He's dreaming if he thinks Sonny will let Lauren see Avery whenever she wants. At first, maybe, but later? Ha.

Spencer woke up? He was supposed to be heavily sedated. Good think he's leaving GH. Here's hoping the Shriner's doctors understand drugs better.

GF did look great in the NutriSystem ad.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2
I started watching GH a couple weeks ago, and I've been getting caught up on the more recent major storylines via Youtube.  There's something I haven't found an answer for yet though: if Fluke is just another personality within Luke, how was he interacting with people while Luke was locked up in a psych ward?

IIRC, Faison was faking being Luke during that time.

Re: today's episode, yay for Nathan and Silas!  Nathan for being a good brother to Nina and thinking to thank Alexis for helping them even when she had a family member in the hospital, and Silas for breaking up the fight between Michael and Morgan.  Nice to see good guys doing good things every once in a while.

NuKiki isn't bad.

• Love 5
Seriously. Sonny barely remembers his own children, let alone other people's. And spare me Sonny's guilt about Spencer.

Yeah, all that anguish about how he needs to get to Spencer in the hospital rightnow!!! but the custody hearing!  Whatever is a shoe-polished mobster with a heart of gold to do??  So obnoxious. 

It was a dead heat between Sonny's anguish over Spencer and Franco's "Phyllis" crap for most annoying thing GH did to me today.  (Seriously, can Y&R get Ron to ceast and desist?) 

• Love 5

Sonny's love is the biggest epidemic hitting Port Charles. God. Everyday he's on I hear about it. Apparently, Micheal is the only one with the antidote. Monica is in quarantine. And yeah I'll say it. Micheal in a suit, holding that baby, hating Sonny and Carly, being a Quartermaine. ... he could get it. Meow.

I feel no shame.

• Love 15

Yeah, all that anguish about how he needs to get to Spencer in the hospital rightnow!!! but the custody hearing!  Whatever is a shoe-polished mobster with a heart of gold to do??  So obnoxious. 

Any moment now I expect them to re-enact the Asian Quarter hug between Robin and Anna with Spencer and Sonny (Nikolas who??).

• Love 2

Morgan was ten kinds of stupid today, and he has been for a while. I really can't stand him propping Sonny, his line about Avery being better off knowing him was disgusting. But the way he ignores that he had a relationship with Ava pisses me off more. If you're going to split them, then don't insult my intelligence by telling me I didn't watch what took place on my own screen. And all to pimp her with Silas and him with NuKiki. But I gave Morgan a decimal point for saying that Ava loved her gallery. At least he remembers something about their time together. But lame overall, Ron, and you're not fooling anyone.

Jury's still out for me on NuKiki. I can't tell if I like her or not. Whoever said she looks like Daphne Oz nailed it though. I didn't see any kind of chem or spark with Morgan. She was just kind of...there.

I guess the fact that Silas told her not to give up on her mother will be his fallback when she realizes he lied to her face, multiple times.

I just can't with Nina. I don't even care about the Phyllis thing (it was stupid, but so what). Everyone acts like she's this little innocent Marcie McBain like person who kidnapped the baby, and are conveniently forgetting about the assault on Ava and the premature birth. There is no way in hell you can convince me that Nina's still not a danger to others, and especially Ava eventually. This in Shadybrooke for five minutes and I'm all cured is such BS. But maybe now she'll stay there forever with that miserable, worthless SERIAL KILLER and we'll never have to see them for very long anymore.

Shut up, Carly. Every time she says anything about Avery, I just want to hurl.

Ric's beard looks okay, but Sonny looks nauseating. Of course, everything about Sonny is nauseating.

Nik/Spencer were good today. Guess they need to cut the dialogue they give him by about 90% to make it look normal.

Hell yeah, Ava's back, bitches!

• Love 5
Morgan was ten kinds of stupid today, and he has been for a while. I really can't stand him propping Sonny, his line about Avery being better off knowing him was disgusting. But the way he ignores that he had a relationship with Ava pisses me off more. If you're going to split them, then don't insult my intelligence by telling me I didn't watch what took place on my own screen. And all to pimp her with Silas and him with NuKiki. But I gave Morgan a decimal point for saying that Ava loved her gallery.

He did say as well to Kiki that "Ava will always be a part of us". I was a little surprised at that.

Jury's still out for me on NuKiki. I can't tell if I like her or not. Whoever said she looks like Daphne Oz nailed it though. I didn't see any kind of chem or spark with Morgan. She was just kind of...there.

I liked NuKiki better than KA, but she is indeed a bit nondescript. I have a feeling they didn't even audition anyone and just picked this girl for whatever reason. Annoying.

• Love 2
I give him a pass on this because they said some great things about Shriner's and showed a commercial with some of the kids they've helped. It's a really good organization and I'd much rather they promote that than Campbell's soup. Definitely does not erase all the bullshit of course, but I think it was a genuinely good thing to do.

I've no issue with bringing awareness where it's most needed, and that group does world class work, I've donated myself to it.

However Ron wasn't just bringing awareness to the cause, he was, imho, clearly using it to elevate his crap of a plot, as if namedropping that group would somehow make what happened to Spencer just "that much more important" or something, and that's what I thought was rather loathsome and irksome.

Bringing up a real hospital where children are cared for that I actually do care about a great deal is not going to suddenly make me "feel" anything for your stupid mini clone, Spencer, Ron. Not now or ever.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

I mean what risk do Kiki or Morgan pose to Avery? 

Extreme stupidity? 

Seriously, Morgan is the product of Sonny and Carly; Kiki is the product of Ava and Silas. Aside from the medical knowledge Silas has gained over the years, there's not much brain power between the 4. 

• Love 4

Highlight of today's show: When Michael was holding Avery, she obviously saw someone off-camera who she loves (or who was making googly baby faces for her), and she started bouncing up and down with that big, toothless grin!  Omg I love that baby!  She's so adorable!

Really sick of Morgan.  And I know I am in the minority here, but I liked the old Kiki.  I don't like the new Kiki, but that's possibly because her character is being all Sonny-worshipping and stuff.  She seems like her emotional range goes from A to B.  Meh.  And I don't think that one talk with Franco should have made her change her mind about Sonny.

Everytime someone says, "But Sonny is her father," I yell at the TV, "We don't know that for sure!!"  Why hasn't anyone, particularly Alexis, mentioned that??  When's the paternity test?  I don't want Morgan to be the father, either, and would like Ron to re-write it so that someone I don't hate is the father.  Because to me, Morgan is a stupid-head who never stops to think about anything.

Regarding the intro of the new actress, I liked it.  I thought it was clever.

TC is really good at crying.  I guess that whole talking to himself thing wasn't psychosis, or the stress of Spencer being hurt would have turned Nikolas into a raving person in need of Haldol.

I liked how Dr. O kept her cool and did the right thing, loved the shout-out to Shriner's (my niece had heart surgery and it was free because my sister couldn't afford it), and was gratified that Elizabeth said nice things to Dr. O.  I just don't see Dr. O as evil, like the rest of the villains, but that could just be because I love KG.  (Even though she's going to be in an internet series that has vampires or something in it)

Glad to see Ava is back. 

I have to admit, the first time Franco said "Phyllis", I laughed.  I am easily amused.  How are the writers going to spring Franco from the hospital, and keep him from going back to prison?

Ugh, Nina's "that's my baby" comment.  Is she doing that to get put back into the hospital?  That's dumber than, say, sneaking in to see Franco, disguised as someone else (which is what I thought she was going to do).

Edited by HipOldBat
  • Love 5

Have not seen the episode yet but if Ron was/is respectful, reverent and kind towards Shriner's Children's Hospital than I may forget what an absolute dick he is most of the time and give him some serious props and applause for a shout out to one of the great (along with St. Jude's) Children's care centers in the universe. Any parent who has ever had a sick kid (and I did years and years ago....grew up to be own little Lucky) just has mad respect for the work done there. Hell I may need to open a new twitter account and send Ron some love

I hate to be a downer on such a topic, but while I'm sure even Ron must think supporting Shriners is a very worthy thing to do, I believe he probably had too. Last week Who Wants To be A Millionaire contestants were playing for Shriners... So it seems to be an ABC thing, not Ron.

Thanks, Peachmangosteen and I'm down with us all blaming GH for our problems, after all its the common factor across the board (take that lame meta wit, Ron!)

ETA: I don't care show sees him as wrong, Michael continues to be the shiny, well groomed spot in this mess.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2

I am so sick of Snarly saying how much she loves Avery. Snarly's daughter friend is currently a crispy critter and Snarly should be helping Joss get through her worrying about Spenser but no, baby Avery is Snarly's child du jour.

• Love 10

I am so sick of Snarly saying how much she loves Avery. Snarly's daughter friend is currently a crispy critter and Snarly should be helping Joss get through her worrying about Spenser but no, baby Avery is Snarly's child du jour.

Snarly's daughter is probably on a high that she got the boy she loves

I have no idea how this custody thing is going to go. I can see Kiki teaming up with Morgan to sue for Custody after she found out about Micheal suing then it coming out that Morgan is actually the father, Maybe kiki and Morgan fall back in love in the process. OR Kiki actually comes around to helping Micheal or Kiki gets Micheal to drop the suit?

Snarly's daughter is probably on a high that she got the boy she loves

I have no idea how this custody thing is going to go. I can see Kiki teaming up with Morgan to sue for Custody after she found out about Micheal suing then it coming out that Morgan is actually the father, Maybe kiki and Morgan fall back in love in the process. OR Kiki actually comes around to helping Micheal or Kiki gets Micheal to drop the suit?

If anyone gets Michael to drop that suit, it will piss me off to no end.  It did kind of seem like that's the way it's going though, judging by the Snarly-Michael interaction.  Michael just kind of sat there, letting Snarly tell him how he would be keeping the baby from both families and on and on.  Honestly, how can they make that character be calm when half (or more) of the audience is shouting at their TVs for Snarly to shut up??  And even Alexis seemed like she was trying to get Michael to drop the case.

I hate hate hate it that everyone in PC is down on Michael, when he's doing the right thing.  And Kiki....tsk tsk.   She just had to jump on the Sonny train with everyone else.

• Love 6