Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I know nothing of Todd and Star and could tell the scene between Kiki and Franco was for the actors not the characters but I didn't mind it too much. I thought they did a pretty decent job with it.

Spinelli. ugh! I don't like

Maxie you don't deserve Nathan in no way! Nathan run away run far away!

I want Ned and Olivia together and Alexis with Julian but the way the story is shaping up it doesn't seem very promising.

Why were Michael and Sabrina drinking wine at Ned's Valentine's table? That scene just didn't work. It seemed so forced.

• Love 1

Spinneli is back to get the girl, eh?  I wonder if the writers decided that Maxie/Nathan just weren't working?

I think they work, but every couple can't be happy all the time, there has to be an obstacle.  Unfortunately Spin is Naxie's.

• Love 1

I think they work, but every couple can't be happy all the time, there has to be an obstacle.  Unfortunately Spin is Naxie's.

But what do the writers think?  Really, another obstacle for Naxie already?  Levi, the judge, Johnny to a certain extent, and now Spinelli all in back-to-back succession.

Edited by Syndicate
In Micheal's mind this is exactly what he is doing.

I disagree, especially based on his behaviour today.

He is using Avery to get back at Sonny, that is where it starts and ends imho.

Yes he is trying to remove her from Sonny's custody, which is never a bad thing, but he's not doing it because he suddenly wants his "baby sister" safe and secure and raised in a loving home. Perhaps his actions might lead to that conclusion but that is not his main motivation right now, imo.

He knows one of the ways to best attack and hurt Sony is through his kids. Michael wants Sonny to hurt as much as possible so now he's using Avery to drive the dagger deeper.

Until this episode he barely acknowledged her and he certainly didn't care who was raising her, whether it was Carly, Kiki, Morgan, or a hobo on the street. Michael's never even attempted to hold or be near the baby, forging any kind of connection with her, whether sibling or otherwise.

In the same way he'd washed his hands, supposedly, of Carly, Kiki, Morgan, etc, he did the same with Avery basically, leaving her to be raised by the people he claimed were no longer his family. He refused to spend time with or be around them if given a choice, meaning he saw Avery as theirs and felt no need to be involved in her life because that meant he'd have to put up with the rest of them too. 

Today I didn't see a loving brother suddenly come to life, filled with determination to "save" his little sister from their horrendous father, I saw a guy ready and willing to do whatever it took to make his greatest "enemy" pay dearly for his crime.

• Love 2

Spinelli is not the obstacle. They may not admit this yet, it may take 18 months or longer, but with Spinelli back, Nathan is the goat. He will lose.

Am I supposed to know who the fuck this chef was on Friday?

• Love 5

They rewrote the scenes once KA announced she was leaving. But I could very much see Morgan saying the line about how a father shouldn't be separated from his daughter. Hopefully, that will come back into play once it's revealed he's the real dad. #denial

If you're in denial I am too because I honestly think Morgan is the bio dad. I'll wait till November before I actually think she's Sonny's.

• Love 6

No, but he is still a danger to her, and all of Sonny's kids are going to have to testify to that:

Morgan: "Did your father shoot your Mother while she was giving birth to you?"    "Yes"

Dante: "Did your father shoot you point blank in the chest?"  "It was an accident." "In the chest an accident? Really Officer?" "Well......"

Kristina "Did your father attempt to blow up a car you were riding in?"   "Yes"

Michael "Did Sonny's act ivies result in your being in a coma?"  "Yes"  "and raped in prison?"  "Yes" "and he killed your biological father correct?"  "Yes"

Sorry Sonny is a danger to that kid.

Sonny is a danger to all his children and other living things.

• Love 12

They rewrote the scenes once KA announced she was leaving. But I could very much see Morgan saying the line about how a father shouldn't be separated from his daughter. Hopefully, that will come back into play once it's revealed he's the real dad. #denial

Hah, S&M! Talk about two characters least likely to live up to their smush name ever.

Mabrina? Saicheal?

I want Ned and Olivia together and Alexis with Julian but the way the story is shaping up it doesn't seem very promising.

Oh I think this is the endgame, Ron is just doing his version of romantic run around, like Chole, Ned, Alexis and Jax, but because he is Ron there has to be a baby in the middle of the story.

Today I didn't see a loving brother suddenly come to life, filled with determination to "save" his little sister from their horrendous father, I saw a guy ready and willing to do whatever it took to make his greatest "enemy" pay dearly for his crime.

Am I a bad person because I can live with that? Whatever Michael's motives he is far to good a guy to ever actually hurt Avery, so whatever reason he has for taking the kid from Carly and Sonny, then Go Team Mikey

Spinelli is not the obstacle. They may not admit this yet, it may take 18 months or longer, but with Spinelli back, Nathan is the goat. He will lose.

God help us you are right. Sad.

• Love 11

They never wanted him to leave in the first place. It was only a matter of time. Poor Ellie.

Seriously, what is the deal with the detailed roles for both the ADA lady and that damn chef? Why did they spend so much time on that guy and his fictional TV show?

Edited by jsbt

That might be believable if Michael had treated Avery like his sister. What had come across on screen is that he didn't consider Avery his sister(never saw her, never mentioned her, never seemed to care she was kidnapped) and now sees her as leverage to use in his angry vendetta against Sonny. It comes across as he sees her as a thing not a person.

Whoops, sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to Michael's legal standing after renouncing Sonny as his father. (Not that I think a brother has a lot of legal standing in the first place, but changing his name and publicly denouncing Sonny wouldn't affect anything.)

Michael knows what Sonny did in the past when Jason told him it was his sister Emily or the coffee business and when Sonny chose Emily Jason took the business away from Sonny.  Michael knows the ins and outs of Sonny's world and what he will do based on emotions. Avery does need to be taken away from Sonny because does anyone really think Ava won't retaliate? 

• Love 3

Am I supposed to know who the fuck this chef was on Friday?

Yes Sadly if Spineill is back for the long haul we will have Spixie again. I liked Spixie until that beautiful adorkable redhead named Ellie came into his life. I miss her

• Love 3

If you're in denial I am too because I honestly think Morgan is the bio dad. I'll wait till November before I actually think she's Sonny's.

I also think it's Morgan. I think Carly switched the results. And I think Michael will become complicit in hiding the truth, and somehow it will circle back to Carly being truly repentant and blameless while Michael is the real bad guy. That's the Ron way. The original perpetrator is rarely to blame, it is always the hypocritical 'good people' who call them out who are truly the problem.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

They never wanted him to leave in the first place. It was only a matter of time. Poor Ellie.

Seriously, what is the deal with the detailed roles for both the ADA lady and that damn chef? Why did they spend so much time on that guy and his fictional TV show?

For real Ellie is beautiful adorkable and Awesome. Bring her back and hook her up with Micheal OR make her a Q, Tracey's long lost daughter Edited by jay741982
  • Love 4

I am *so* happy to see Bradford Anderson again. No matter how long.

I like Michael going after Sonny. TEAM MICHAEL!!!

Why, oh, why did they have to drag LLO's real-life pregnancy into the storyline? Enough with the babies. Georgie, Avery, Rocco - no more, please.

• Love 2

I also think it's Morgan. I think Carly switched the results. And I think Michael will become complicit in hiding the truth, and somehow it will circle back to Carly being truly repentant and blameless while Michael is the real bad guy. That's the Ron way. The original perpetrator is rarely to blame, it is always the hypocritical 'good people' who call them out who are truly the problem.

I think it will be Silas. Since ME isn't going anywhere. He would have done it to protect Ava assuming that Sonny wouldn't kill the mother of his child even though he was locked away in prison. Silas was the one who conducted the test in order to make sure no one would tamper with the results. But clever Ron will have Silas tamper with the test to give himself the out.

• Love 2

And, you know, his dialog to her about being his daughter and her being a hell-raiser and wanting him with her mother, who -- when it was good, it was great and when it wasn't, it was awful -- then freaking about about a father needing to be with his daughter... that was ALL about Todd, Blair and Starr. And that's got nothing to do with any of this shit. It was Ron and his meta crap trying to play the OLTL card AGAIN.

And also proving that his attempts to make them into completely new characters FAILED.

Bingo!

Why, oh, why did they have to drag LLO's real-life pregnancy into the storyline? Enough with the babies. Georgie, Avery, Rocco - no more, please.

Because he is ReRon. There is absolutely no reason to write this in. It might have worked a few years ago when Olivia was with Johnny, but she's single right now and LLO is well into the pregnancy. It reminds of last year when Teresa Castillo and they wrote in her pregnancy, but it was really unnecessary because she was in scrubs most of the time and it was winter.

They could have hidden LLO behind the bar set and other various methods of hiding pregnancy. She could have even left for a family emergency in Bensonhurst to explain the actress' real life maternity leave.

Plus all the characters are going to act stupid about the pregnancy. They are all grown adults with children who are grown adults. They should have just agreed to date their preferred partners and raise the child together without the lies/potential custody issues.

• Love 6
Am I a bad person because I can live with that? Whatever Michael's motives he is far to good a guy to ever actually hurt Avery, so whatever reason he has for taking the kid from Carly and Sonny, then Go Team Mikey

I don't personally care to see anyone use a child whatever their motives or the outcome. Avery's well being shouldn't hinge on the chance that she might have a better life if she's taken away from Sonny. That should be the sole reason behind any legal custody battle that involves her, imho.

Then again I hate Michael almost as much as I hate his slaggard parents, Carly and Sonny, so I really don't see anyone as being "good" in this myself. Shitty behaviour is still shitty in my book and Michael's ploy to now use Avery against Sonny is just that.

Frankly she just needs to be taken away from them all because no one around her is fit to parent a potted plant.

I'm also sick and tired of Ron using babies to cause "trouble" in the lives of the characters. This show needs more fucked up youngsters like it needs another bullet hole to the head. 

I thought he was a chef from some competition

No the whole "Oven Wars" bit was solely a Wreck It Ron creation to explain why he suddenly had three one time guest stars from other ABC shows appearing.

But what do the writers think? Really, another obstacle for Naxie already? Levi, the judge, Johnny to a certain extent, and now Spinelli all in back-to-back succession.

IMO, this is the problem. MoRon throws obstacles at couple continuously without allowing them time to breathe. Couples are allowed one fun carefree loving episode then months of stupidity angst and obstacles.

MoRon doesn't seem to understand that it is the good moments that make you support for a couple/character and root for them during the stupidity angst and obstacles.

• Love 3

Oh, crap, you're right. The sad thing is that that could be soapy fun, if done right. It just won't be.

Michael gets custody for all the wrong reasons, and then falls in love with the kid. After that point, he finds out the truth. He can't handle losing another person from his life, so he hides the truth from Morgan. In his guilt and confusion over the situation, he starts trying to repair his relationship with Morgan which is complicated by the fact that Morgan hates that he still hates Sonny and blames him for taking their sister away. The fragile rebuilding of the relationship blows apart when Morgan learns the truth. Michael loses custody of Avery and spirals down, (not an addiction story, maybe he throws himself into a ruthless business storyline, deciding that loving other people is just too hard.) From there you rebuild the character, including seeing Morgan interact with Avery and realizing everything that he cost his brother and niece by his selfishness. That story doesn't make Michael evil, it allows him to realize his mistake and change from them and yet still manages to make him the antagonist of the situation. 

Instead, we'll probably get Michael hanging Morgan from a meathook. In 3 years, when Avery is 21, Morgan will be a drunk that tried to kidnap her several times but was always luckily foiled by Jason helping Michael out. The audience will be supposed to think that Michael taking her was the best thing that ever could have happened to her. Especially as she got to spend so much time with her beloved Grandpa Sonny after Michael realized that AJ was the worst thing ever and Sonny is a hero for killing him. After all, we couldn't possibly paint with any grey colors in the characterization - they used all of it for the scenery.

• Love 1
It reminds of last year when Teresa Castillo and they wrote in her pregnancy, but it was really unnecessary because she was in scrubs most of the time and it was winter.

Not to mention, it was Sabrina. 

In 3 years, when Avery is 21,

Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

So Ron tweeted that originally, those Kiki scenes with Franco were to be with Morgan. So I guess he was the one that was supposed to talk her out of suing for custody.

Whoever was supposed to say it, the lines about being a parent making you a better person don't apply to Sonny.  Sonny is a parent several times over and none of those kids have made Sonny want to be a better person - why would Avery be any different?  Alexis, Olivia and Carly have all taken/kept children away from Sonny and every one of those children have suffered because of Sonny/Sonny's lifestyle that he refuses to give up.

Do I think Michael's motives are altruistic and due to concern for Avery?  No.  Do I still think Avery would be better off with Michael?  Yes.  Michael might not have shown any interest in her but if he actually won custody, he would hardly mistreat her or not love her. 

• Love 9
Morgan and Carly are going to be insufferable about this. Poor Sonny, the martyr. GROSS.

It's really so vomit-worthy, and the worst part is that the only reason - and I do meant the only reason - Sonny remembers what Morgan's name is right now is that the kid's kissing his ass and propping him up. If Sonny, and by extension Carly, who has been down this road with Scummy and a baby, were worth anything at all as human beings, they'd want Avery to be with someone who maybe had her best interests at heart. Hell, she'd be better off being raised by wolves than those two. And it's Michael who's paying the price for it through the writing because he's trying to hurt "poor, wounded Sonny." Deke locked him in a closet, you know (a hundred years ago), so don't you feel terrible for him that Michael is just being so meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean to the poor well-meaning murderer. I guarantee that when Michael realizes the errors of his ways and admits that A.J. deserved to be shot down in cold blood for being fat, then reclaims his destiny as chief Corinthos apple-polisher, Sonny will once again be all, "Morgan Who?"

• Love 9
n 3 years, when Avery is 21

Glorious. Though I don't think the show will last that much longer so I'd say 2 years tops.

Although she is going to be forced into celibacy in town, because so far the only little boy in town, Ben, is her cousin or nephew...can't believe I just typed that. And even if Olivia and Julian's baby is a boy, he'd still be a cousin, first at that. 

he would hardly mistreat her or not love her.

On this show any person can easily become a monster. Ron seems to actually relish writing that out in fact, turning a supposed "good guy" inside out.

I think he wants to put Michael on a path of self destruction, fueled by his hatred and pain and many unresolved issue.

Since everyone and their night nurse keeps telling Michael that his quest for "revenge" could very well "destroy him", methinks the heavy anvils of obvious plot points are falling for a reason.

• Love 1

So Alexis couldn't control herself long enough to break up with Ned before she starts slobbering all over Julian. Rude.

The Kiki and Franco scenes were just...I don't even know what to say. Why couldn't she just slit his throat.

Whatever, Michael. Just because he's a decent person doesn't mean he's anywhere near ready to be a parent. He doesn't even care about Avery he just wants to punish Sonny.

Damn it, Nathan and Dante sneak into the interrogation room and no Anna around?

It's like RC is actively taunting us.

I don't understand why Ron wants to make Michael look this heartless.

Because he wants people to feel bad for Sonny, the man who murdered Michael's biological father in cold blood.

Bingo.

You guys, please don't throw hot fondue on me or shoot me with a polonium-210 laced bullet, but I think I might be into S&M . . . Sabrina & Michael that is.

I literally hate myself, but I'm down for S&M.

• Love 2

Michael FOR THE WIN! Loved everything about him today, in full Q/anti-Sonny mode. AJ and Edward would be proud. 

I loved hearing Sonny say "Michael Quatermaine".

Michael today was a thing of beauty.  Team Michael all the way!

You guys, please don't throw hot fondue on me or shoot me with a polonium-210 laced bullet, but I think I might be into S&M . . . Sabrina & Michael that is.

Mabrina? Saicheal?

I rather like Sabrael or Michina.  (Yes, I have thought about this...  ;)  ).

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 4

I want them to be called S&M because it's so not them so it cracks me up. 

So many of the characters suck so hard right now that I've taken a real liking to Sabrina. She has lovely hair and I liked her shirt today. At least she didn't try to tell Michael that Sonny is totes amazeballs, which is more than I can say for most of the people whining about how Michael just won't give over the fact that Sonny murdered his father

I hate Carly so much. When she smiles or laughs it takes everything in me not to reach through the tv and stab her.

• Love 7

They could have hidden LLO behind the bar set and other various methods of hiding pregnancy. She could have even left for a family emergency in Bensonhurst to explain the actress' real life maternity leave.

Plus all the characters are going to act stupid about the pregnancy. They are all grown adults with children who are grown adults. They should have just agreed to date their preferred partners and raise the child together without the lies/potential custody issues.

I could maybe understand Olivia wanting to hide the pregnancy from Julian if she weren't so gung-ho on keeping Sonny so in the family circle, despite the fact that he shot their son in the chest and then essentially used her as a rebound, but she is, so she's just gonna look dumb and like the world's biggest hypocrite* not cluing in Julian while meanwhile she's gonna be inviting Sonny to Rocco's birthday parties every year.

*Not a new look for Olivia, admittedly.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

For real.  Three out of the four characters involved in this nonsense are GRANDPARENTS.  It's not like Olivia was necessary to this show, anyway.   This is just stupid.  

• Love 1

Apparently Julian is very good at getting women pregnant on the first try, heh.

I think Dante may need a shot of LSD himself once he finds out that his new little brother or sister is mob born and bred as well.

Hey, maybe they'll end up giving Olivia twins, because coming up with ideas on how to make this pregnancy an even more stomach turning affair is what I'm here for.

• Love 3

so she's just gonna look dumb and like the world's biggest hypocrite* not cluing in Julian while meanwhile she's gonna be inviting Sonny to Rocco's birthday parties every year.

*Not a new look for Olivia, admittedly.

I will defend Olivia re: Rocco, because it's ultimately not up to her whether Sonny spends time with the boy, unless he drops by while she's babysitting. I remember when Sonny did use Rocco babysitting time as an opening to get close to Olivia, while Dante and Lulu were missing.  Dante and Lulu are adults and Rocco's parents, so they get to decide who attends Rocco's birthday parties, life events, etc. I think they have been reluctant to keep Sonny away from Rocco in part because the other, grandfather, Luke (in right mind), has basically been MIA since Britt turned Rocco over to them. Also, neither had a dad around on a consistent basis while growing up and we never hear mentions of time with grandfathers, so it seems likely they both want their kid to have a grandpa in his life.

What are they going to do now that Wally Kurth is going back to Days of Our Lives?  Recast Ned?  Just have him run out on Olivia?

Wally is recurring on both shows and will continue to film on GH and DOOL at the same time.

• Love 2

That's great news about Wally Kurth staying - I really like that actor.

I haven't watched the entire show since last Wednesday and I don't feel I missed much of anything.  Tried catching up, starting with Thursday, but it's just so yuck watching Sonny and Snarly.  I did think it was interesting watching Nikolas threaten Scott - not sure how I feel about him doing that.  At least his character was interesting to watch.

Can't they resolve the whole Luke thing before they get into yet another storyline (custody thing)?  I wish they'd wrap it up and maybe have Luke self-destruct and leave PC (kill him off, cart him off, or have his head explode, I really don't care at this point), for good this time?  I read TG's contract is up in April.  I hope he doesn't re-sign.

• Love 3

My biggest issue with Michael taking custody of Avery is what happens whenAva shows back up? If Sonny is unfit to parent his daughter b/c of his lifestyle and the fact he is a convicted murderer then Ava shouldn't have custody either. Sonny and Ava are cut from the same mob cloth.

If Michael's goal is what's right for Avery then he should still want custody regardless if Ava is around or not. Somehow I don't think that would be what happens....

I do wonder if they are chem testing Micheal and Sabrina? Bring Rosalie back on for a triangle cause you know Reron loves those triangles and keep Kiki away from Micheal. I wonder if Hayley Erin has good chemistry with The guy who plays Morgan any one know when Nukiki starts?

My biggest issue with Michael taking custody of Avery is what happens whenAva shows back up? If Sonny is unfit to parent his daughter b/c of his lifestyle and the fact he is a convicted murderer then Ava shouldn't have custody either. Sonny and Ava are cut from the same mob cloth.

If Michael's goal is what's right for Avery then he should still want custody regardless if Ava is around or not. Somehow I don't think that would be what happens....

Okay, sure, let's say that Ava turns up alive after all. The fact remains, Sonny and his wing-wench Carly swooped down on Kaka like velociraptors and swiped Avery out of her arms when she's also a blood relative to the baby, even though he's a convicted murderer. Michael is currently the sand in Sonny's undershorts, preventing him from "claiming" the kid as if she's a pair of boots or a jacket he left behind. If Ava shows up with a pulse, I would hope that she would throw her support Michael's way, if only because Sonny fully intended to murder her on several occasions. I have the feeling that Michael would be much more reasonable about visitation than never-no-way-uh-uh-I'm-not-negotiating Sonny would be.

• Love 6

There are more kids on this show under the age of 10 than there are living, breathing, Qs walking around...and, if my memory serves me correctly only one of them, Danny, are related to the Qs, either by biology or proxy.

In fact the one polarizing figure they all mostly have in common? Who else but Sonny!

I feel sick now...

• Love 5