Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Dante has always been the most obnoxious Sonny apologist. Sonny could shoot him in the head and strangle his mother and he'd somehow come back to life to tell Michael that the old man ain't that bad.

I wouldn't really characterize Dante as a Sonny apologist at all. I knew people would jump all over Dante for daring to tell Michael to go see Sonny today, but Dante's scenes filled me with far less rage than any other today (actually today wasn't nearly as bad as episodes earlier in the week except for most of the stuff surrounding Sonny and Carly.) 

I will actually even go as far as saying that I think Dante and Sonny's relationship is one of the few relationships this show actually gets right. Today he never, ever advocated for Michael to forgive Sonny. He explicitly said that. He just said that when someone saves your life the decent thing to do is thank them. And, yes, yes I know Sonny didn't technically even save Michael because he didn't have to idiotically jump in the water with the bomb, and Mike was perfectly capable of throwing the bomb into the water, but for in show purposes all of the characters truly believe Sonny saved Michael's life. So coming from Dante's perspective, I think that what he said made sense. He tried to convince Michael to go, but when Michael firmly said he didn't want to, he backed off and let Michael make his own decision.

Dante also specifically pointed out that he understands why Michael feels the way he does. Dante said that he also partially cares for Sonny, but there's still a part of him that hates Sonny as well. I think you can always see that in most of his scenes with Sonny, even today's somewhat teary scene. Dante didn't call Sonny dad, he didn't tell him he loved him, just said yeah I'm glad you're alive, gave him a hug and that was that. Dante rarely calls Sonny dad - I think maybe less than a handful of times. He sees things from his perspective and isn't death to Sonny at all times, but that doesn't make him a Sonny apologist, at least certainly not even in the top five. 

I'm glad that Michael is conflicted and hasn't automatically forgiven Sonny. And I'm so glad that this ridiculous pardon is just going to piss him off more.

Shut up, Morgan. Gah, it's not some petty grudge. Here he is getting all hot and bothered because Michael simply won't visit Sonny. Imagine how he would feel if someone actually did something worse, like I don't know, shooting your father in cold blood, I doubt he'd be getting over that "grudge" anytime soon. And at one point he whined that Michael hadn't come by to apologize to Sonny. Apologize? Apologize for what?!

Did Sonny even ask about Dante in between the time he woke up and the time Dante walked into the room? Dante, your ass is so dumb.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he did. It was one of the first things he asked about and I think it was Morgan who told him that Dante was okay and Carly said that Dante had just been there and had just left.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 8

Not only did they insult the governor of New York by making him dumb enough to pardon Sonny but they just had to cast an actor who looks a lot like Newt Gingrich to play him.

For the half-a-second I saw of the show, I was thinking the same thing.  "Why is Newt Gingrich on GH?"

GH could be so good under them but they are deeply, pridefully, almost bitterly invested in making it a very specific kind of personal bad. That's what frustrates me. Because I can see where the good is and it's buried under shit and stuff that is just embarrassing (but fun).

There are times, that I think that this is FrankenRon's revenge for them losing [Other Soap Opera] to PP, you know, the great sin of the show going on without them.  Or, at least, the Holy Three.  "Well, since we couldn't continue with our vision, we'll fuck yours up so bad, no one will recognize it!"

Edited by MSquared
  • Love 4

The thing I like about Dante's scenes with Michael since the reveal is that it is abundantly clear that Dante cares more about Michael than Sonny. He wants Michael to thank Sonny (Which is dumb IMO. See him at the hospital OK, but thank him no fucking way.) because he is afraid of how Michael will go on if he doesn't do that; he's afraid that Michael will be wrecked with guilt and regret. I can understand that. 

Still won't ever forgive him for being an asshole to AJ for no fucking reason though!

• Love 6
FilmTVGeek80, I get where you're coming from, but for me, any type of interaction Dante has with Sonny will always be ridiculous. There's just nothing the show can do to change my mind at this point. I've always said that Dante would be my fave character if he was able to be out of Sonny's sphere. Sonny shot him point-blank in the chest. He cheated on his mother. That's just getting it started. And, I'm sorry, but I just can't find myself caring about whether or not Michael thanks Sonny for...anything. At the end of the day, he murdered his father, an innocent man, for no reason.
  • Love 8
Did Sonny even ask about Dante in between the time he woke up and the time Dante walked into the room? Dante, your ass is so dumb.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he did. It was one of the first things he asked about and I think it was Morgan who told him that Dante was okay and Carly said that Dante had just been there and had just left.

Ah, okay, thanks. Sorry Sonny!

Still won't ever forgive him for being an asshole to AJ for no fucking reason though!

Maybe AJ just bugged him, much like he just bugged me! Nah, just kidding, Dante was totally a dick to him. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I don't care if Sonny is in prison or not, I always said I only expected Sonny to go away for a month or so. I care that most everyone is telling Michael to get over it, even characters who should know better.

no, but it is trying to say, "well please forgive her/get over the fact that she helped torture Robin, see, she loves her son, she has a good side too!" I was just using O as an example, she's hardly the only example, just the most egregious.

I think you can be a good parent and do horrible things at the same time (although to a certain extent I question that - if i murder and abuse and cheat other people but don't hurt my kids, how good of a parent am I really? Isn't part of being a parent setting an example for your children?) but the show seems to say a lot, well hey, Sonny shoots innocent people in the chest, but he loves his kids, so please overlook while the same parade of people stoke his hair and give him a cookie.

I don't hate Sonny on the show completely. He moves plot along. But the thing was his throwing the bomb in the water was so lame. Didn't Joe Jr die because he gave Tracy the antidote? Or he did give Tracy the antidote, even if he didn't exactly die from the fever, right? That was a much better act of sacrifice than what Sonny did, even though it was technically the same thing, just because it felt a lot more was at stake, we saw him physically suffer. It was just so lame, Sonny jumps off screen and then comes back 40 minutes later! Give me something other than "sonny really loves Michael!" I already knew that.

If you consider Anna a good parent, do you think her putting Faison in a pit when she took an oath to serve and protect *others*, automatically means she'd cause harm to her daughter?

Of course not, and that's the kind of thing I mean.

And I don't think we're supposed to forgive O just because she loves Nathan. I think it's just showing us she's not ALL bad. And, she's not. Much like Anna isn't all good. Or anyone on this show, really, be all one way or the other.

Sonny-I get the frustration. And if Maurice had left, he might have gone to jail for good. But he didn't and we're stuck, and he had to have an out.

No explanation would have been an acceptable one.

I don't care if Sonny is in prison or not, I always said I only expected Sonny to go away for a month or so. I care that most everyone is telling Michael to get over it, even characters who should know better.

no, but it is trying to say, "well please forgive her/get over the fact that she helped torture Robin, see, she loves her son, she has a good side too!" I was just using O as an example, she's hardly the only example, just the most egregious.

I think you can be a good parent and do horrible things at the same time (although to a certain extent I question that - if i murder and abuse and cheat other people but don't hurt my kids, how good of a parent am I really? Isn't part of being a parent setting an example for your children?) but the show seems to say a lot, well hey, Sonny shoots innocent people in the chest, but he loves his kids, so please overlook while the same parade of people stoke his hair and give him a cookie.

I don't hate Sonny on the show completely. He moves plot along. But the thing was his throwing the bomb in the water was so lame. Didn't Joe Jr die because he gave Tracy the antidote? Or he did give Tracy the antidote, even if he didn't exactly die from the fever, right? That was a much better act of sacrifice than what Sonny did, even though it was technically the same thing, just because it felt a lot more was at stake, we saw him physically suffer. It was just so lame, Sonny jumps off screen and then comes back 40 minutes later! Give me something other than "sonny really loves Michael!" I already knew that.

Edited by IWantCandy71

Well, you know how it goes. When your father shoots your mother in the head while she's giving birth to you (as people will do)...

Bad things happen to good people. Shit happens, she said, dripping in sarcasm.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 2
And I don't think we're supposed to forgive O just because she loves Nathan. I think it's just showing us she's not ALL bad.

That's my thing though. I consider O all bad. Nathan is just an extension of herself. I guess she can't win with me in this case. But yeah anyway I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here. I think the writers want me to say "I'm totally over Obrecht torturing Robin, after all she loves her chip off the old wood block and Anna was mean to Faison."

If you consider Anna a good parent, do you think her putting Faison in a pit when she took an oath to serve and protect *others*, automatically means she'd cause harm to her daughter?

I don't get how this is comparable to Sonny and O though, or any other ueber villain who loves their kid. Sonny and O hurt good people. Anna hurt Faison, who is a monster. 

• Love 6

I died during Morgan's entire tantrum. I'd feel sorry for him permanently being number three on the list of Carly and Sonny's priorities (themselves, each other, Michael), but he's such a douchey whiner. I also loved Morgan being peeved that Sonny wasn't awake on Morgan's schedule. Hee.

Isn't Sonny noble for not killing Ava the way he wanted to? Good lord. He actually wants praise for not committing murder.

STFU, Nik. There is no justification for throwing in with Helena. Ever.

Ivy sucks, but I loved the way she steamrollered over Carly. And Sonny's face when he first saw the governor was the funniest thing I've seen from him in AGES.

• Love 9

If Fluke really is Luke, that means that Luke was running around running the Jerome crime family far before any of this Fluke crap ever began.

This is easily explained by all the time Lewq has spent out of town the last 13 or so years.

And after the juxtaposition today, I really think it might really be as simple as Luke decided to embrace The Dark Side.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

I like Anna but I never really thought she was the best parent better than sonny and carly for sure but I always thought it was  ridclous that she wanted 10 year old robin to choose to go into the witness protection with her and Duke or to stay with Robert.

Then on the other side of the fence you have scotty who does shitty things but always seemed to be a decent father to Serena.Well until RC decides to rewrite history lol.

Even sadder than Sonny saying and believing it, the writers want us to agree.

I can't believe this shit there expecting us to buy.

• Love 2

I think the writers want me to say "I'm totally over Obrecht torturing Robin, after all she loves her chip off the old wood block and Anna was mean to Faison."

Pretty much. There's a reason why Dr. O hasn't had to pay for...anything really. It's the age old "Crap, we had this character do all this bad shit, but the actress is just sooo good. Hopefully the viewers forget when she sings a song in that beautiful voice of hers!!"

• Love 5

Pretty much. There's a reason why Dr. O hasn't had to pay for...anything really. It's the age old "Crap, we had this character do all this bad shit, but the actress is just sooo good. Hopefully the viewers forget when she sings a song in that beautiful voice of hers!!"

I can't stand stuff like this.If they want to keep the charcters fine but don't pretend they didn't do the shit they did.Its like when I'm supposed to buy that sonny is a good mobster because he doesn't dabble in drugs but yet Sonny came to town as a strip club owner and got a young girl hooked on drugs.

• Love 5
That's my thing though. I consider O all bad. Nathan is just an extension of herself. I guess she can't win with me in this case. But yeah anyway I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree here. I think the writers want me to say "I'm totally over Obrecht torturing Robin, after all she loves her chip off the old wood block and Anna was mean to Faison."

Yep, and while a comparison to the ultimate evil one is overly used, I think it's particularly appropriate here.  "Look, Dr. O loves her kids! See, she's not all not bad!" is about as akin to someone doing a documentary on Hitler and saying, "Look, he loved animals! Was a vegetarian.  See, nuances!" 

I mean, if you want to get technical and compare Dr. O to the Third Reich's Dr. Mengele, fine. Because that truly is an apt comparison given the evil Dr. O is said to have inflicted.

• Love 3

I mean, it's not the Third Reich, though fictional Obrecht was said to have dabbled in inhumane experimentation. And it's not nearly as bad as some social media kids I see who get all woobie about Hitler's light-hearted home videos ("he was a person!") but in terms of a character we watch on TV 5 days a week it's still pretty gross. No amount of enormous talent on Kathleen Gati's part can make up for, or perhaps a better idea, balance the shit Obrecht has done. Only the writing could do that, and it hasn't. It is their failure.

(edited: Did I actually get autocorrected to "Third Reach"? Have people spent 24 hours thinking I misspelled 'Third Reich'? Jesus Christ.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

In other news, Whitney Bulger has been exonerated of all crimes by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts after rescuing Tom Brady and a litter of homeless kittens & puppies from a burning building, melting the acculmulated snowpiles throughout New England in the process.

It makes as much sense.

• Love 12

Ivy sucks, but I loved the way she steamrollered over Carly.

this is the only good thing about Ms Plotpoint.

So, Sloane recognizes that letting known criminals out of jail would be the end of his career, but the governor will pardon a confessed murderer who also happens to be a crime boss with more bodies to his name than there would have been victims of the boat bomb.

Sure Ron, What the f&ck ever.

• Love 3

That's it. Soaps just never learn that the kind of actors who can make heinous villains compelling to watch are the kind of actors who can make crap bearable and thus are worth keeping around. Hell, Luke wasn't meant to be leading man material when he was introduced. Sonny was a lowlife scumbag strip club owner who preyed on damaged-by-abuse Karen. Now he's just a lowlife scumbag mob boss. Progress.

• Love 1

I'm generally okay when a character who was terrible then later becomes a "good guy," especially if it's because the actor is really good or whatever. Like what they've done with Brad - he seems to have stopped being a total asshat and has apologized (seemingly sincerely) to people, and so it doesn't bother me too much in the long run. My issue with all this crap with Sonny is that his character never changes, he just gets forgiven for all his terrible stuff, only to turn around and almost immediately do it all over again. He *stays* awful. Additionally, when someone like Brad was being a jerk, everyone treated him like he was a jerk. Ava and Franco got crap from people all the time. But 99% of the other characters make excuses for Sonny or talk about how wonderful he is, blah blah blah. His mortal enemy Julian is now his BFF. He tried to save Ava's life (after trying to kill her for months) and so Morgan loves him for it. Dante and Olivia were mad for two seconds that he shot Dante in the chest. It goes on and on, and there's never been any real redemption or character growth for Sonny; everyone just keeps kissing his ass. If this show wants me to ever not want to skin Sonny alive and the slowly stitch him back together with rusty needles, they need to make him a layered character who might actually be capable of evolving. Instead I just get him being "sorry" for two shakes of a lamb's tale and everyone elses lip service about how awesome he is.

The same could be said of Luke, I think.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 15

"Sonny saved everyone on that boat" is one of those plot points that didn't actually happen* that will bug the shit out of me for the rest of time.

Sonny did not save everyone on that boat.  Maybe, maybe, he saved Michael but even that is doubtful because Michael was on the deck and could have flung that bomb overboard if Sonny hadn't gotten in his way, or since Sonny went overboard with the bomb and survived, who says Michael couldn't have gone overboard with the bomb and survived?  Anyway, the point being that due to Michael's actions, everyone on the boat was going to be fine before Sonny ever showed up.  Also, Sonny was the only one with advance knowledge that someone was going to happen but did he bother to let anyone know?  No. 

I agree.  It is a bit annoying that Michael did almost all the heavy lifting:  finding the bomb, carrying the bomb out of the main hall, up the steps, down the corridor and onto the main deck.  He was only a few feet from the water when Sonny showed up.  It's as if Michael had the football and ran the entire length of the football field and JUST before the end zone, Sonny takes it and makes the touch down.  Michael could just as easily have thrown the bomb overboard as Sonny, but we all know the plot point is to get Sonny out of jail by making him the hero - even though Michael did pretty much everything.  Even Ivy's pathetic response:  She looks at Michael and half-heartedly thanking him but GUSHING over Sonny going the last two feet to get the bomb off the boat - something Michael was going to do anyway.  (sigh)

I can't imagine that there is any way that Fluke's rant in jail about all the idiots guessing who he is and being wrong, wrong, wrong, wasn't Ron talking about the fans trying to guess who Fluke is. 

RC better fix this horrific mess because if it turns out that Luke Spencer, the iconic legendary character of soapdom for decades is now this evil, horrible character, there will be hell to pay.  I will be pissed.  I don't like when new writers decide to just trash and rewrite characters on a soap, especially GH vet characters.  His newbies he props to death, and the vets he destroys.  I don't like it.

Dante was the person that Sonny asked about first, before he ever asked about Michael.  He and Dante also shared a great scene where Sonny broke down in tears at the idea that Dante was okay.

I wouldn't really characterize Dante as a Sonny apologist at all. I knew people would jump all over Dante for daring to tell Michael to go see Sonny today, but Dante's scenes filled me with far less rage than any other today (actually today wasn't nearly as bad as episodes earlier in the week except for most of the stuff surrounding Sonny and Carly.) 

I will actually even go as far as saying that I think Dante and Sonny's relationship is one of the few relationships this show actually gets right. Today he never, ever advocated for Michael to forgive Sonny. He explicitly said that. He just said that when someone saves your life the decent thing to do is thank them. And, yes, yes I know Sonny didn't technically even save Michael because he didn't have to idiotically jump in the water with the bomb, and Mike was perfectly capable of throwing the bomb into the water, but for in show purposes all of the characters truly believe Sonny saved Michael's life. So coming from Dante's perspective, I think that what he said made sense. He tried to convince Michael to go, but when Michael firmly said he didn't want to, he backed off and let Michael make his own decision.

Dante also specifically pointed out that he understands why Michael feels the way he does. Dante said that he also partially cares for Sonny, but there's still a part of him that hates Sonny as well. I think you can always see that in most of his scenes with Sonny, even today's somewhat teary scene. Dante didn't call Sonny dad, he didn't tell him he loved him, just said yeah I'm glad you're alive, gave him a hug and that was that. Dante rarely calls Sonny dad - I think maybe less than a handful of times. He sees things from his perspective and isn't death to Sonny at all times, but that doesn't make him a Sonny apologist, at least certainly not even in the top five. 

I agree.  The Dante/Sonny relationship is actually well done as is the Dante/Michael relationship.  I do think Dante had Michael's best interest at heart, but his timing was bad in that everyone has been telling Michael to reach out to Sonny or Carly for weeks.  So even though Dante wasn't wrong, his timing made it a bit annoying only because Michael hasn't gotten a break from the Sonny/Carly cheerleaders in one form or another.

I'm glad that Michael is conflicted and hasn't automatically forgiven Sonny. And I'm so glad that this ridiculous pardon is just going to piss him off more.

Agreed.  Michael is going to feel like it was all a set up, and he was a patsy in it, and that is just going to SET HIM OFF.  Michael has been very detached from his family, but if he feels that his family played him, he's going to use his newfound power and wealth to actively work against Sonny, I think.  This could be interesting, but Michael is still going to catch flak from many, I think, who will still blame Michael for being petty and vindictive.

Shut up, Morgan. Gah, it's not some petty grudge. Here he is getting all hot and bothered because Michael simply won't visit Sonny. Imagine how he would feel if someone actually did something worse, like I don't know, shooting your father in cold blood, I doubt he'd be getting over that "grudge" anytime soon. And at one point he whined that Michael hadn't come by to apologize to Sonny. Apologize? Apologize for what?!

Morgan was acting like a 17 year old today.  He doesn't act like an adult, imo.  He pouts, he whines, he gets jealous, and if he genuinely believes that Michael is upset and holding "a grudge" rather than recognizing the genuine loss he has suffered, then he just needs to take a seat.  I can't anymore with him.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 6
He and Dante also shared a great scene where Sonny broke down in tears at the idea that Dante was okay.

I saw that part. I wouldn't call it "breaking down". It was like a couple of tears.

Morgan was acting like a 17 year old today.  He doesn't act like an adult, imo.

Most 21 year olds nowadays don't. I don't expect him to act Dante's age or even Michael's. 

• Love 3

If Fluke really is Luke, that means that Luke was running around running the Jerome crime family far before any of this Fluke crap ever began.

Now that I can buy...over the years  I have wondered privately how Luke gets so much money. He never seems to hurt for money. Back in the 60's or 70's he either owned or part-owned a club. Didn't he buy Laura a big house in the country one time with cash? And he and Laura bought the Haunted Star and gave to  Lulu to run? He's owned businesses or bought them for others. He bought that big Sapphire ring for Tracy's engagement. Yet he never seemed to have a real job. We saw him lounging around a club but I never saw him concerned about work the way people are who really have to support themselves. He's so often been like Tony Soprano or one of his goons, cleaning his fingernails and being far too interested in messing in the lives of others  or controlling them.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
over the years  I have wondered privately how Luke gets so much money.

Eh, it's a soap. Money is usually a plot point. Luke had some of the Ice Princess diamonds that he would sell off every now and then, and he also had numerous business deals going on. How he supports himself is always secondary to whatever adventure he's on. (When he's not mooching off of Tracy, that is.) You can say that for a number of the characters—we never see Lauren, Morgan, and Maxie cashing checks from their respective parents.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

This is easily explained by all the time Lewq has spent out of town the last 13 or so years.

And after the juxtaposition today, I really think it might really be as simple as Luke decided to embrace The Dark Side.

I would believe that if he hadn't been perfectly willing to off Lulu (and, to a lesser extent, Lucas).  I don't think, even at his worst, Luke would be OK with Lulu dying like that.  If this is Luke, it has to be a DID situation or mind control.  Since he seems to be equal to, if not above, Helena in the LoD power structure, I don't think it's mind control.  So I'm going with DID. 

• Love 2

Now that I can buy...over the years  I have wondered privately how Luke gets so much money. He never seems to hurt for money. Back in the 60's or 70's he either owned or part-owned a club. Didn't he buy Laura a big house in the country one time with cash? And he and Laura bought the Haunted Star and gave to  Lulu to run? He's owned businesses or bought them for others. He bought that big Sapphire ring for Tracy's engagement. Yet he never seemed to have a real job. We saw him lounging around a club but I never saw him concerned about work the way people are who really have to support themselves. He's so often been like Tony Soprano or one of his goons, cleaning his fingernails and being far too interested in messing in the lives of others  or controlling them.

I remember scenes where he went into some museum and chipped off parts of the Ice Princess diamond.

He used to regularly shave pieces off that diamond and talk about it constantly. I always assumed Luke had plenty of cash stashed away from his underworld dealings, which is why it made no sense to me when he turned into Old Grigsby the wizened street peddler, trying to constantly take Tracy's Quartermaine dough while the family kept talking about how broke he was. When did he lose it all? In that awful Summer Holloway story with the Cassadine bonds or something?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Morgan was acting like a 17 year old today.  He doesn't act like an adult, imo.  He pouts, he whines, he gets jealous, and if he genuinely believes that Michael is upset and holding "a grudge" rather than recognizing the genuine loss he has suffered, then he just needs to take a seat.  I can't anymore with him.  

Morgan is just following what everyone taught him throughout his life. Morgan didn't (and really shouldn't) care for AJ, a man that once engineered his kidnapping.  Michael once told Dante to basically get the fuck over Sonny shooting him in the chest because he was a traitor cop and thats how the mob rolls when Dante expressed displeasure towards Sonny. I still think he is smarting over finding out he isn't Avery's father and all the lies Ava told him.

Can I say how fucking disgusted I was to see Sonny getting a full pardon, for basically Michael's bravery. The only reason people were even on that boat was to fundraise for the clinic in honor of the guy he murdered. Even, if he did all the work himself, I would still be disgusted. I would say it is the worst travesty on the show, but Dr.O sits in Steve Hardy's chair after torturing Robin for nearly 2 years. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5

I agree.  It is a bit annoying that Michael did almost all the heavy lifting:  finding the bomb, carrying the bomb out of the main hall, up the steps, down the corridor and onto the main deck.  He was only a few feet from the water when Sonny showed up.  It's as if Michael had the football and ran the entire length of the football field and JUST before the end zone, Sonny takes it and makes the touch down.  Michael could just as easily have thrown the bomb overboard as Sonny, but we all know the plot point is to get Sonny out of jail by making him the hero - even though Michael did pretty much everything.  Even Ivy's pathetic response:  She looks at Michael and half-heartedly thanking him but GUSHING over Sonny going the last two feet to get the bomb off the boat - something Michael was going to do anyway.  (sigh)

RC better fix this horrific mess because if it turns out that Luke Spencer, the iconic legendary character of soapdom for decades is now this evil, horrible character, there will be hell to pay.  I will be pissed.  I don't like when new writers decide to just trash and rewrite characters on a soap, especially GH vet characters.  His newbies he props to death, and the vets he destroys.  I don't like it.

Dante was the person that Sonny asked about first, before he ever asked about Michael.  He and Dante also shared a great scene where Sonny broke down in tears at the idea that Dante was okay.

I agree.  The Dante/Sonny relationship is actually well done as is the Dante/Michael relationship.  I do think Dante had Michael's best interest at heart, but his timing was bad in that everyone has been telling Michael to reach out to Sonny or Carly for weeks.  So even though Dante wasn't wrong, his timing made it a bit annoying only because Michael hasn't gotten a break from the Sonny/Carly cheerleaders in one form or another.

Agreed.  Michael is going to feel like it was all a set up, and he was a patsy in it, and that is just going to SET HIM OFF.  Michael has been very detached from his family, but if he feels that his family played him, he's going to use his newfound power and wealth to actively work against Sonny, I think.  This could be interesting, but Michael is still going to catch flak from many, I think, who will still blame Michael for being petty and vindictive.

I agree with that touchdown analogy and to add to it, Michael was the one who was smart enough to find the football in the first place.

But isn't that normal, doesn't Sonny get all the glory and has to outshine everyone else.

• Love 4

Ok, I know this might be a silly question but are the past few days worth watching? 

Tuesday's scenes were good for Sam - Monday's might have been as well, I forget. the last three days for you, probably not.

Well if he was, it had to be after 1996.  Its weird that I have perfect recall of adventures that involved Lucy, Luke, Mac, and Kevin but he clearly didn't know the Jerome's personally when Mac told Luke about Lucy's history with Victor.  And yes, I'm aware that I'm flat out denying all of this is happening over ten seconds that happened twenty years ago based on Geary's line delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oITmTkFQQVI#t=125

• Love 1
Ok, I know this might be a silly question but are the past few days worth watching?

Depends on your tolerance for UCG and stupidity. There's been PLENTY of both lately, but there are some nice scenes, like Ned and Tracy, Michael and Dante.

• Love 1

Tuesday's scenes were good for Sam - Monday's might have been as well, I forget. the last three days for you, probably not.

You know me so well :)  I knew Sam wasn't on Thurs and Fri so I didn't rush to watch.  The things I am reading here are making me not even bother to youtube it. 

• Love 1

I'm still interested in seeing if there's going to be anything interesting for Morgan when he's not around Sonny. But given they recast Kikizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Good luck on Morgan ever having story that doesn't revolve around Sonny or Kiki.

Could Morgan be any more gross today? And I'm not even talking about his pouting over Michael. Which yes, you guys are correct, but since I don't GAF about Michael I really can't bring myself to care. I just hate how Morgan is so in Sonny's back pocket again, and totes okay with Sonny being a murderous liar but he holds Ava accountable for it. He couldn't even fucking say Ava's NAME, now it's just "her mother", referring to Kiki. I actually thought for a second that Morgan was about to go off on his parents for basically ignoring him, but he went after Michael instead. And then Morgan cuddling up to Sonny to show him Avery's pic? Sickening. I thought Dante was bad today, but Morgan's Sonny worship is intolerable. HE SLEPT WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND IN A FREAKING CRYPT!!! Idiot. That being said, I still get a little protective of him at times. But right now he's pretty much useless.

Re: would Connie want Sonny to save Ava: didn't she come back and pretty much say just that when she asked him not to kill her?

I did like Lulu/Nik today. Most fire I've ever seen out of this Lulu. I enjoyed it.

Ivy is the new Levi.

Three words: Fuck this show. 

Pretty much my new mantra.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 11

I actually never realized that about luke.I did always think it was weird how that Luke all of a sudden turned into a gold digger though wanting Tracys money.Also didn't him and Tracy change Alans will or something the story was dropped.I did hate how Luke being after Tracys mony played as no big deal because I remeber when character like Lucy,Scotty,Katherine Bell,Heather ect did that sort of crap they was considered horrible people for it lol.

Going on record as saying that I really liked JMB and, with very few exceptions, I still miss her acting and her overall interpretation of Lulu (or perhaps, more to the point, the writers' interpretation of Lulu when Julie was in the role).  For the most part, the current Lulu has had such "nice" and "safe" writing that she has become almost too sweet - the good wife, mother, friend, daughter, cousin, sister - and boring as can be.  

For me, watching this sanitized version makes it hard to compare levels of smugness and entitlement because, so far, this Lulu has done so little.  Indications are that we are going to see her become more involved and I hope so.  Even if that involvement ups her "smugness" and "entitlement" quotients, I just want to see her become less one-dimensional and more interesting.  

JMB had bitchy resting face, and I think that came across as smug.  Oddly, I found her to be quite vulnerable, as opposed to smug.

I don't like nu-Lulu at all, and I didn't like her as Abby on Y/R.  So I guess the actress just bugs.

• Love 5

I mean, it's not the Third Reach, though fictional Obrecht was said to have dabbled in inhumane experimentation. And it's not nearly as bad as some social media kids I see who get all woobie about Hitler's light-hearted home videos ("he was a person!") but in terms of a character we watch on TV 5 days a week it's still pretty gross. No amount of enormous talent on Kathleen Gati's part can make up for, or perhaps a better idea, balance the shit Obrecht has done. Only the writing could do that, and it hasn't. It is their failure.

I agree.  It's been established, via Spinelli, that Dr. O lost her medical license and had to change her name and go into hiding because of her grotesque experiments on people. Then pile on top of that that she's practically obliterated the Devane/Scorpio family -- trying to kill Robin, nearly killing Robert, and changing poor Duke from a human into a cat!

• Love 5

I agree.  It's been established, via Spinelli, that Dr. O lost her medical license and had to change her name and go into hiding because of her grotesque experiments on people. Then pile on top of that that she's practically obliterated the Devane/Scorpio family -- trying to kill Robin, nearly killing Robert, and changing poor Duke from a human into a cat!

Yep and lets face it Robert and Robin are pretty beloved characters.This isn't like them trying to off nina whom I doubt most care about.

Edited by Harmony233

1978 here. And same. 

Ditto and ditto.

So are Alexis and Molly going to get another house or was the destruction of that set part of some bullshit cost-cutting measure (while Sonny keeps his house, restaurant, warehouse, boxing ring, office, etc.)?

First I totally agree with you FilmTVGeek80 and jsbt your avatar is hilarious.

I really liked today, except for Fluke(but that goes without saying).  When Sonny talks about stuff it is like everyone around him doesn't listen half the time. Sonny tried not to take credit and he had nothing to do with getting a pardon. He was very respectful of Michael and didn't try to force himself on him. I liked what he said to Morgan about Ava. I mean Ava is a horrible person not some innocent victim and for Sonny deciding to help her instead of pushing her off or walking away it does show growth on his part. He did learn from what he did to Michael and didn't want to do it to Avery. To me that makes Sonny more layered than half the characters. Does it mean he'll never be a bad mob boss again? Of course not, but being a mob boss isn't all he is either. He is Avery's dad and he has yet to even get to see a picture of her so good on Morgan for letting him have some joy in his child.

As to the bomb thing. While Michael was trying to be a hero, he was kind of in shock about it and standing on the dock if he would have just chunked it off it probably would have caused damage to the boat and possibly Michael himself. By taking the bomb and jump he also probably threw it out farther so I do think Sonny's actions saved everyone but he wasn't trying to be a hero or get out of prison. He was just trying to protect Michael from a situation he felt like he got him into. Plus if Sonny would have gotten there and the bomb was still in place he would still have done everything Michael did, so not like he didn't have full intention to remove the bomb even if Michael had already done some of the work. But Sonny kept trying to give Michael credit anyway.

I've always felt Dante is very healthy about Sonny. He is trying to model his healthy way of dealing with a father who isn't a good person but still his parent to Michael. Dante knows in the end Michael will suffer the most if he allows his anger to cloud his judgement too much. I mean look what already happened. He refused to listen to Sonny's warning due to his anger and people almost died. In the heat of fear and possible death it is clear Michael does still see Sonny as his father so those feelings are there and denying them only hurts Michael. As Dante said Michael doesn't have to forgive Sonny or love him, but he does need to be a peace with him. Dante with both Michael and Sonny was very well done. Some of DZ best scenes I've ever seen are with MB. They play well off each other.

Helena in jail was hilarious. Her faces alone were priceless. Tracy and Lulu coming to grasps with Luke was very good too.

I LOL at Kiki questioning if Sonny really helped Ava or not. Gurl pleaze if Sonny didn't want to help Ava he would have just lied and said he never saw her after Carrloss pushed her off the bridge. What possible motive would Sonny have to say he helped Ava if she's dead anyway. He didn't shoot her or push her off the bridge, if he had just let her die he would have said he never saw a thing.

• Love 1

I mean look what already happened. He refused to listen to Sonny's warning due to his anger and people almost died. 

I'm sorry, but people almost died because of Fluke.  Sonny had a bunch of other recourses to deal with the Fluke threat (like calling someone who he knew wasn't furious at him, like Carly or Morgan) and Michael rightfully had no reason to believe a (cryptic, mumbling) word he said.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14