Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Please, Sonny would survive Armageddon. Seriously, the bomb could drop on Port Charles today, and he'd drag his greasy carcass out of the rubble, then do the soft-shoe on the corpses of everyone who died.

So many SF references come to mind.

Sonny could survive:

* A liquified steel bath

* A molton lava pit while encased in a Panoptican.

* The Genesis Device while it was being eaten by the Doomsday machine

* A White Star with loaded nukes.

* The Time War AND Trenzalore.

* A Taylor Swift concert (maybe not SF)...

• Love 4

Please, Sonny would survive Armageddon. Seriously, the bomb could drop on Port Charles today, and he'd drag his greasy carcass out of the rubble, then do the soft-shoe on the corpses of everyone who died.

And have sex on them too.

• Love 11

I do feel sorry for Silas.  He got stuck with that turd of a story for way longer than the actual turd herself had to deal with it.  

I actually have grown to somewhat enjoy Silas, but I can't really feel too bad for ME. He checks out of stories all the time and it's like maybe it finally caught up to him and RC/FV were like meh we don't need him.

Too bad Dante only teared up and then was like "oh well, other things to talk about." Seriously, I'm gonna hold on to this until Sonny surfaces in a day or two and Dante cries and calls him dad.

I love when Dante shows the smallest amount of concern for Sonny and then just literally says 'fuck it' and moves on. I'm gonna be so annoyed when he joins the "SONNY IS A HERO!" parade.

Bruh. When Micheal kept calling Sonny "my father", I wanted to have a Tyra Banks moment and just yell at the tv, like "We were rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!" And just do the Richard Sherman face when the Seahawks lost the Super Bowl.

LOL. Amazing. 

I think Michelle is trying to sell whatever this is, even if it isn't working for me. Roger is just . . . I don't know what he's trying to do. Just trying to act through it as fast as possible and then go home.

Yea this. MSt is really trying here and in some ways I think she's even succeeding. Her scenes with Franco are strangely somehow her best. But RoHo is just awful in every way. I can't tell if he just doesn't give a fuck or if he's actively trying to make it as bad as possible.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

So many SF references come to mind.

Sonny could survive:

* A liquified steel bath

* A molton lava pit while encased in a Panoptican.

* The Genesis Device while it was being eaten by the Doomsday machine

* A White Star with loaded nukes.

* The Time War AND Trenzalore.

* A Taylor Swift concert (maybe not SF)...

I don't think Sonny could survive the combined power of Morgan, Silas, Kiki, and Franco sucking in all the air through their nostrils together though. Let's get those 5 in one room!

I love when Dante shows the smallest amount of concern for Sonny and then just literally says 'fuck it' and moves on. I'm gonna be so annoyed when he joins the "SONNY IS A HERO!" parade.

It was awesome because it was like, "well, it's kinda sad that my dad could be dead. But what's important is I'm not dead, woo!" If his dad hadn't shot him in the chest, I'd call it downright asshole-ish lol.

Yea this. MSt is really trying here and in some ways I think she's even succeeding. Her scenes with Franco are strangely somehow her best. But RoHo is just awful in every way. I can't tell if he just doesn't give a fuck or if he's actively trying to make it as bad as possible.

I don't know, but when he screamed "STAY BACK THERE" it distinctly reminded me of Will Ferrell doing that line reading.

Edited by ulkis

Based on the previews, I'm expecting to be capital D disgusted that Sonny's "sacrifice" will somehow be used to excuse Carly's complacency in the cover-up as well.

Oh we're supposed to be over that already. I'm sure Michael will be all "Bygones! My daddy's a hero! We're cool!"

• Love 2

I don't think Sonny could survive the combined power of Morgan, Silas, Kiki, and Franco sucking in all the air through their nostrils together though. Let's get those 5 in one room!

Add in Fluke chewing all that's not nailed down in the room and Sonny would be a goner for sure. Even cockroaches have their limits. heh!

• Love 2

Maybe the Cassadines have Sonny -- we can only hope.  We know as sure as God made little green apples that the greasy little mobster isn't dead.

Anyone else notice how quickly Nina said that Heather is the one who shot up Franco?  Hmmmm.  Smart little cookie there still.  What kind of future story line can or will there be for these 2 characters?  Maybe the LSD will give Franco his artistic mojo back.  Maybe the doctors at Ferncliff will find the right cocktail for Nina and she will grow up.  

I really think this Fluke/Luke/Helena story line should be the swansong for Geary and Towers.  Let them fade off into the sunset.  If the show is to survive it will need new saviors and archvillains. 

• Love 2

I was sort of a little verklempt when Michael called Sonny Dad yesterday.  I am so easy.  Since the horror show wedding, to me Sonny has been trying to do the right thing as far as his family is concerned.  He stood up and took his medicine, doing what he thought was best for Carly by sending her away so she can get Michael back.  

SamTrick -- I really enjoy the pretty.  

Jarly -- I think they'll evolve into what they were with SBu, but still, I loved that NYE kiss.  I was and I guess am still die-hard Jarly.  

I'm really missing the other two-thirds of the coven.  And is it me, or have they really matured Molly's look?  She looks gorgeous now, when we see her, of course.  

• Love 1

Based on the previews, I'm expecting to be capital D disgusted that Sonny's "sacrifice" will somehow be used to excuse Carly's complacency in the cover-up as well.

Well, of course, I mean, she was just covering for Sonny because she knows what a truly good man he is.  

• Love 1

Well, of course, I mean, she was just covering for Sonny because she knows what a truly good man he is.

*Grumbling like Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons.*

• Love 3

I would like it if Nujason told someone who is not Helena about his vision of a tiny brunette woman wearing scrubs who tried to stop him from killing Sam.

Patrick would be like "Why would you see Sam in scrubs?"  

• Love 10

Patrick would be like "Why would you see Sam in scrubs?"

Jason: She had short brown hair, bangs, on the shorter side, wore scrubs, said she used to work at GH, mentioned she was your ex-wife, I think she said her name was Robin Scorpio?

Patrick: Doesn't ring a bell. I'm just soooo happy with Sam right now.

• Love 6

Quite frankly when I see Patrick nowadays I think "who is that random guy following around Sam all the time?", so how can I condemn him for forgetting Robin when I barely remember who he is.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

For me it's more about not letting Ron get away with this BS. You can't use Robin as a catalyst for your story and for dramatic purposes and then expect the audience and other characters to forget her and blame KMc. I may be the only one calling it out, but I'm OK with that. Lol.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

I didn't mind Michael yelling DAD after Sonny pitched overboard.  Instinctual.  Now though, he needs to start calling him Sonny again.

Not in with the Michael and Carly coming attractions. 

What's Nik gonna do since he knows Grandmonster was behind the bomb?

Why does fLuke look so pleased with himself when everyone escaped and the boat is still standing, and Michael's clinic gets a free demo?

How far is that bridge from the docks?

Loved Julian and Lucas at the hospital.

Did not recognize the new Sloane.  Took me a very long time to figure out that's who he was and I read the boards and know there was a cast change!  Wonder why they didn't announce it (or maybe they did and I wasn't paying attention again).

So why didn't Franco empty out most of the syringe and only inject himself a little?  I don't know the character but seems strange he'd give up that much control so willingly.

Helena knew there was a skeleton in the basement.  Does she know who it is?  Does she know fLuke talks to it?

Waiting for Kiki to go looking for Ava.  Maybe she dives into the water and re-emerges as the new actress?

• Love 3

What was up with Luke's "cat who ate the canary" grin as he walked across that bridge.  None of his plans went off; no one died* and people know he's not Luke and that he's in league with Helena. I don't get why he was so pleased with himself.

I wanted to see his reaction to the fact that no one on the Haunted Star was hurt.  I know it would be hammy and over the top, but I was looking forward to his "curses, foiled again" rant straight out of Scooby Doo.

* I guess at this point he may think Ava and Sonny died but does he even know that?

ETA:

Or, basically number 4 on Lola16's list above.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 1

What's Nik gonna do since he knows Grandmonster was behind the bomb?

I have no sympathy for Nikolas.  He knows what Helena is and what's she about, he cannot be shocked that she had her fingers crossed when she promised not to hurt anyone he cares about.

• Love 5

I have no sympathy for Nikolas.  He knows what Helena is and what's she about, he cannot be shocked that she had her fingers crossed when she promised not to hurt anyone he cares about.

Also, it's Nik, she could have, rightly, figured "well, as long as we don't hurt his penis, I've kept my promise." 

• Love 4

Nik: But she pinky-swore!

As for Fluke, he's probably relieved he doesn't have to pretend to give a damn about anyone anymore. That or he's a moron.

• Love 3
That or he's a moron.

Or? No need to question that, everyone on this show has become too stupid for words.

Thinking back to yesterday when Lucas was so bewildered and befuddled while on the phone with Jake I would have given anything if he'd turned and just snapped at Sam, "Is your entire family this slow or what??".

• Love 5

Well, the letter of the day is "H", for Hate.

I hated that Julian was supposedly saved from being smothered by a frail old geezer. Julian, he who could take down twenty thugs but couldn't fend off a bloody feather pillow held by a living skeleton.

I hated that Sonny was saved.

I hated that Nik didn't just jab Helena's jugular vein and let her bleed out.

I hated that there was no Avery sighting. And seriously has no one heard of baby cribs or bassinets?   

I hated that Kiki made an appearance.

I hated new Sloane's hair even more today than I did yesterday.

I hated terrorLuke being front and center and apparently is the most untouchable master villain to ever live.

At least ten guns got pulled on that old fart at the end. 

• Love 10

"Not too long ago, I had two fathers.  Now I have none."  That's because, Michael, one of those fathers MURDERED THE OTHER ONE!  GAH!

Are we supposed to give a shit about Sabrina and Carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlos' relationship?  Every bit of it up to now has been off-screen.

I'm surprised they even bothered putting in a reason why Ned wasn't at the Haunted Star party (the flu).

I hate how pathetic they've been making Helena look, begging for mercy from Fluke.

Shut up, Nikolas.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

First time in three months I get to watch live, and I get Sobby and Kiki? FML

The prop folks couldn't be bothered to vary the monitor while Franco was being killed? Speaking of being killed, WTF for Sonny the hero, and the acid crap?

As for all you guys, I always agree with everyone so there is no point in posting  the time I get to the epi. As always, props to my sister in viewpoints, GP09.

• Love 2

uh, did they run out of money for hospital gowns or something? I understood Dante still being in his regular clothes yesterday, kinda, but why is Julian in his playtime deputy outfit in a friggin hospital bed?

Sabrina would be (maybe) interesting if she were like Mama Corleone, turning a total blind eyes to her boyfriend's business, not even wanting to know.

blah blah everything else. I did like the Ned/Tracy/Alexis scenes.

• Love 1

I hate how pathetic they've been making Helena look, begging for mercy from Fluke.

Oh, I liked that. Nice to see her distraught once in a while, I've long tired of her omnipotence.

Oh, what was up with Nik's, "I know you killed Katherine"? Was that supposed to be some sort of mystery to him? It's only been 16 years!

• Love 6

Oh, what was up with Nik's, "I know you killed Katherine"? Was that supposed to be some sort of mystery to him? It's only been 16 years!

Another random moment of Ron inserting GH history as if that'll show all of us. I really don't get why he does that.

As if characters suddenly bringing up things from ten, fifteen, twenty years ago will make us all somehow nostalgic and happy and forget just how crappy everything is currently.

And why didn't the little lisper come running in with all that noise everyone was making? Maybe he'd been sent away on a "sleepover" with Emma.

• Love 1

Oh, I liked that. Nice to see her distraught once in a while, I've long tired of her omnipotence.

I just don't like seeing it to prop up Fluke as the Ultimate Supervillain when he's really just a campy mess.

Relatedly, I saw someone point out on another board that Helena not being able to stop Fluke from trying to kill Nikolas is likely proof that she is not controlling him with brainwashing, a la Jake(son).

I totally missed the random Katherine mention.

• Love 2

Nikolas, the time to stand up to Helena would be BEFORE she tried to kill everyone you know. WTF he just sat their waiting for her to get back... To yell at her for killing half the town? No wonder his own son doesn't even take him seriously.

Proof Johnny is still better than Sonny: He apologizes for ruining people's couches.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 10

I thought Alexis looked really pretty today.

That's about all I got out of today, except I wish all those officers at the end would just open fire on Luke and finish this stupid story.

• Love 6

Has CD never ever taken a CPR course, not even in high school or something?  That was the worst TV CPR I ever saw, or probably he didn't really want to save Sonny.  Too bad that pathetic CPR worked.

• Love 2

Has CD never ever taken a CPR course, not even in high school or something?  That was the worst TV CPR I ever saw, or probably he didn't really want to save Sonny.  Too bad that pathetic CPR worked.

If you did real CPR on someone who didn't need it wouldn't that break their ribs or something? It seems like something that's hard to fake-do.

• Love 1

I've started watching GH again after a long break. So I'm a newbie with history.  

All in all, I've enjoyed this week. The Fluke thing is Casey the Alien levels of dumb. The entertainment value, what there is of it, comes from watching AG decide whether to eat the entire set or just bits of furniture in any given scene. The Luke/Helena stuff is fun in a squicktastic way. That said, I have no idea how this story can have gone on for months. 

I hate Sonny. Oh, occasionally he'll stop being douchey and I'll start to like him again but then he'll doing something even douchier than I ever imagined possible and the entire town of Port Charles will praise him for being a hero. This sums up my feelings about the prison escape car ride - fun - and then Sonny jumping off the boat with the bomb. Because just tossing the bomb wasn't an option. The worst thing about this isn't that Sonny won't be dead (I'm not that lucky) but that this gives Carly an excuse to browbeat everyone into doing her bidding while telling them how unworthy they are of Sonny's awesomeness. 

I hated Jason (yes, this is why I stopped watching) but I like Billy Miller as Jake. I like him with Kelly Monaco. I also like Patrick and Sam. This could be entertaining. 

I love Ava because I love Maura West. Please don't waste her on John Silas McBain. Please.

Love Julian and even tho I don't buy this Alexis/Julian back story for 5 seconds I like them together. I also like Alexis & Ned. They need to move this along.

It's a miracle! No matter who plays Lulu she's an entitled wench. She's nearly as annoying as Kiki.

I like Franco and Nina together. Sue me. But why this show ever tried to sell Carly and Franco is more of a mystery than Fluke. 

I'm trying to brace myself for Michael to forgive Sonny and declare himself unworthy of the great man. I'd take another year of Fluke over that.

• Love 10
I thought it looked like a rug, and was very distracting.

And here I thought that it looked like something that crawled under a rug and died.

Nooooooooooooooooo. How can I unsee it.
Ah the idiocy, where would we be without it?
Screw it. I don't even care enough to bother expressing it.

More awesome contenders for the official slogan of this millennium's GH.

• Love 5

I thought that, too.  We had to take a CPR course every year when I was teaching, and, if I remember correctly, you pump several times THEN breathe.  Michael and Carly did it the same time at one point.

Also, Sonny was only drowned?  No limbs blown off or anything?  Wow.  The bomb could've at least blown off that one part of him that keeps populating Port Charles.

• Love 1

Woooow, Jane Digby, nice to see you here! (Even though you are being mean to some of my favorites ;)). I still fondly think of an old line of yours from way back on twop - "Tony Geary forgot to act sometime after Lent 2000 and never started again". I used to laugh at that during random moments for a long time. :)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

I thought that, too.  We had to take a CPR course every year when I was teaching, and, if I remember correctly, you pump several times THEN breathe. 

I haven't watched yet, but they have basically done away with rescue breaths all together now with CPR.

Well today sure sounds....delightful. Think I'll pass on even bothering with youtube.

I got the distinct impression today that Fluke is in charge and Helena is just another lackey.

Dear Ron, did you have to let Sonny wake up today? Couldn't you have given us one more day with everyone thinking he died? And not only didn't he die, but  he doesn't even have a scratch from the blast! I mean, talk about superhuman. He jumped in the river WITH A BOMB, and emerged completely unscathed? Just no.

• Love 1