Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Roger Howarth needs a god damned director. A DIRECTOR. Preferably one that tells him he does not, in fact, shit gold. This will not stand. Or maybe he just needs an intervention.

And yet, I'm willing to bet that the soap pundits will do nothing but RAVE about today's performance.

Good to see Ron and Co take this back to status quo with Michael and Sonny. We all knew it was coming. Unfortunately.

• Love 7

Since Patprick now knows that Hells has brainwashed Jake and connects it to what she did to Lucky perhaps he will connect it to Robin and realize that she is not missing because she wants to be.

You made a funny. Of course that won't happen!

More Franco/Nina, now with kissing? Ugh. Just spork out my eyes and be done with it.

• Love 3

Oy, today's episode...  There are a lot of stupid people in PC.  A lot.  And I am absolutely sickened, though not surprised, with the whole Sonny's a hero garbage.  He said it himself; he was there to save the people he cared about, making it all about himself, as usual, and how heroic was it to kill the unarmed A.J.?  But, I guess, A.J. who, at this point.

Was that the new commisioner?  First day and all, so I'll give him a chance, but, so far, they got rid of the other guy for this?  Not impressed today.

Poor Ava.  The police can't even be bothered to look for her body.

Why the heck did Luke look so cocky at the end?  As far as I could tell, all his machinations went kaboom, not his intended targets.

• Love 2

wow. what a hot hot mess.  

The few good things

- Liz, Lulu, Dante, and their cocoon of semi-normalcy. And Dante looking like he was kinda sad about Sonny being dead, but seeming pretty over it in the next segment.

-Maxie's coat.

-Sam and Jake scenes seemed okay, but to be honest I didn't really pay attention.

-I like McCouch way better, despite that hair and the odd voice and the get-straight-to-the-scenery-chewing acting.

Everything else:

-Fluke is not an enjoyable villain, just a fucking douchetool and it may be my imagination but I think I can sense how awesome TG thinks his performance is through the screen

- I don't get how Sonny is a hero when Michael was gonna do the exact same thing. I couldn't even bring myself to pay attention to that stuff

- Wow. re: Roger Howarth. If this is the shit RC gives his favorite actors . . . I'm real glad my faves are not his faves. I mean, what is there to say about the horribleness? I don't understand. He knows most people hate Franco so this . . . is what he gives him? I'm just surprised Spencer wasn't thrown in there.

In the end, it's not even the stupidity of Sonny non-rescuing the town. It was all just so disjointed which really killed it, even if there had been some sort of throughline floating in there.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
Also, it was OOC for Sam to be super concerned/ in tears about Lucas and Patrick instead of immediately demanding to know about Michael's safety after all the years she and Jason were so involved with that kid

Ron just can't, and by that I mean he won't, be bothered with all that history and such nonsense.

He'd rather write it where Jake is the one who gets so worked up instead while worrying about Michael. A kid he hardly knows, has barely met but a few times, and yet he still felt so strongly about the thought of him paying the ultimate price to save the others while Sam cared more about her bedroom buddy. 

The transparency of it all is so ridiculous it might actually be funny if it weren't so ineptly written.

So, basically, they brought AJ back from the dead to kill him again so Sonny could become the town hero?  Screw you, Ron.  Screw you.

I expected nothing else from the very beginning. Especially with how Ron reacted to Sean leaving. 

A.J. died so Sonny could mope for a little while, supposedly "pay some dues to society" and then get right back into the swing of things. An absolute waste. Just like so many other characters slaughtered at the altar of the almighty Corinthos just so Sonny could have the last laugh.

Now I just wait for the scene where Monica "thanks" Sonny for saving Michael as a final "f you" to A.J.'s memory.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 8

for those of you who want to know what happened with Franco, he took some LSD and apparently LSD makes the walls look like the old tv "off-air" rainbow signal. And yes, it was just as awful as it sounds.

• Love 10

So I haven't watched yet but Sonny is presumed dead?

Are we going to be subjected to half the cast mourning the guy when I had to sit through constant shitting on AJ even after the dude was freaking dead?

I feel a vain in my head throbbing.

• Love 12

So I haven't watched yet but Sonny is presumed dead?

Are we going to be subjected to half the cast mourning the guy when I had to sit through constant shitting on AJ even after the dude was freaking dead?

I feel a vain in my head throbbing.

I think he's going to be gone for like a day

Having this new character (Ivy) suddenly having scenes calling Nik repeatedly like the audience gives a crap or has seen ANY of this coupling is truly hilarious.

I find her blatant pointlessness so very, very irritating.

So Brad's fine.  But damn, Felix didn't get flattened by anything.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

My favorite part of today... Patrick getting owned by (a handcuffed!)Jakeson. Not a huge surprise, but it was a beautiful visual. Now that he knows about Helena, wondering if Patrick will put two and two together regarding Robin. Probably not. Hell, he probably won't even give Robin a second thought. Total shocked that he even mentioned Emma today. 

Edited by Baxter
  • Love 7

- Wow. re: Roger Howarth. If this is the shit RC gives his favorite actors . . . I'm real glad my faves are not his faves. I mean, what is there to say about the horribleness? I don't understand. He knows most people hate Franco so this . . . is what he gives him? I'm just surprised Spencer wasn't thrown in there.

I'm not even convinced it's about that. It comes down to this; Ron can write whatever he wants and gets praised for it and Howarth can do whatever he wants and get praised for it. Ron has proven that he can immerse the show in a love triangle involving 7 year olds and people laud and praise him for it. He makes a mockery of rape and mental illness constantly. He cribs and repeats his work over and over and over again and no one ever calls him out for it. He's continuously praised as the savior of soaps and never has to answer for a damn thing.

Howarth is coasting on one award he won twenty years ago and the fact that he played an iconic character. No one is ever going to say 'This is absolute shite. Why is he allowed to do this?' Howarth could sit on a toilet and grunt for 40 minutes straight and be praised for being brave and raw in his depiction of taking a shit. I mean... look at Bernard. He hasn't enunciated in twenty years and people are still constantly kissing his ass.

I can't say this is even remotely about Ron liking Howarth. It's about two guys that no one in the profession will ever call out so they can do whatever the hell they want knowing they'll never answer for it. They're not too big to fail. They're just surrounded by sycophants who lap up whatever they put out there.

• Love 15

OMG, show. W.T.F.

The Nina/Franco lovefest?

Chatting away as the bomb tick tocks.

Luke overacting. Again.

Franco overacting. Again.

Ava!!! She is SO lucky to be off this show.

What a shitfest. 

Dante was only good thing. Again.

And can someone please kill Helena and Luke. Once and for all?

• Love 4

Howarth is coasting on one award he won twenty years ago and the fact that he played an iconic character. No one is ever going to say 'This is absolute shite. Why is he allowed to do this?' Howarth could sit on a toilet and grunt for 40 minutes straight and be praised for being brave and raw in his depiction of taking a shit. I mean... look at Bernard. He hasn't enunciated in twenty years and people are still constantly kissing his ass.

I can't say this is even remotely about Ron liking Howarth. It's about two guys that no one in the profession will ever call out so they can do whatever the hell they want knowing they'll never answer for it. They're not too big to fail. They're just surrounded by sycophants who lap up whatever they put out there.

Okay the bold made my day. What a visual. LOL

But seriously I can't get too bent about RoHo or MB when we have to sit through MONTHS of TG. I'm sorry but no one on this show holds a candle to the shit TG is churning out. ugh! I can't begin to verbalize how horribly horrible this Fluke/Luke "character" is....I'd rather watch Franco take a dump.

• Love 5

I don't get the big deal about Billy Miller.  I see nothing extraordinary about his acting on GH, and I think he's a bad fit for Jason.  Maybe it's the writing or the acting or both, but I can't say I'm enjoying Jake at all.  I agree with others that the hype surrounding him coming to GH was annoying,and so I guess I was expecting something extraordinary.  He's certainly not bad, but he's also not fantastic either.  He also clenches his teeth all the time when he talks.  I couldn't tell if Jake was smiling or annoyed.

Michael better not forgive Sonny now because that would just piss me off.  It's bad enough that the character has not been allowed to have a pov at all in this storyline.  Everyone is against him for being mad at Sonny and Carly, but if he throw his arms around his parents at this point, I'm going to throw something at my tv.  I didn't mind him calling Sonny "Dad," because I've always felt that Michael still loves Sonny.  I just wouldn't buy instant forgiveness.

Lastly, Fluke better not be the real Luke because I CANNOT take another D.I.D. or brainwashing storyline.  I swear RC is writing this show into the ground.

• Love 3

But then why give him all this airtime? I don't get what Ron's goal is here. I am in genuine confusion. Are you saying that Ron likes to see how shitty he can be and see if the soap press still kisses his ass? I can get behind that except I think Ron thinks this is good.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I didn't mind him calling Sonny "Dad," because I've always felt that Michael still loves Sonny.  I just wouldn't buy instant forgiveness.

Although the Sonny lovers saw it as a huge victory, I didn't see what the big deal was.  It was a tension-fraught moment and Michael instinctively called him Dad, what's the whoop?

But yes, this is all heading down insta-forgiveness avenue and that suuucks.

• Love 4

I don't get the big deal about Billy Miller.  I see nothing extraordinary about his acting on GH, and I think he's a bad fit for Jason.  Maybe it's the writing or the acting or both, but I can't say I'm enjoying Jake at all.  I agree with others that the hype surrounding him coming to GH was annoying,and so I guess I was expecting something extraordinary.  He's certainly not bad, but he's also not fantastic either.  He also clenches his teeth all the time when he talks.  I couldn't tell if Jake was smiling or annoyed.

Michael better not forgive Sonny now because that would just piss me off.  It's bad enough that the character has not been allowed to have a pov at all in this storyline.  Everyone is against him for being mad at Sonny and Carly, but if he throw his arms around his parents at this point, I'm going to throw something at my tv.  I didn't mind him calling Sonny "Dad," because I've always felt that Michael still loves Sonny.  I just wouldn't buy instant forgiveness.

I don't mind it because it was when he thought the guy was dead, it's hard to remember to purposefully call him by another name in that moment.

But seriously I can't get too bent about RoHo or MB when we have to sit through MONTHS of TG. I'm sorry but no one on this show holds a candle to the shit TG is churning out. ugh! I can't begin to verbalize how horribly horrible this Fluke/Luke "character" is....I'd rather watch Franco take a dump.

You're right... it's a problem across the board... for the male 'stars.' You never see the women pulling this half-assed shit. You just don't. The amount of leeway given to the men to act like complete jackasses on-screen for years on end when the women they are playing opposite from have to do all of the heavy lifting, can never phone it in, and still will be the first (and usually only one) to get blamed if things go south. It angers up the blood.

But then why give him all this airtime? I don't get what Ron's goal is here. I am in genuine confusion. Are you saying that Ron likes to see how shitty he can be and see if the soap press still kisses his ass? I can get behind that except I think Ron thinks this is good.

I do think Ron thinks this is good because he's taken all of that 'he's a GENIUS! he's a SAVIOR!' to heart and has completely refused to acknowledge ANY criticism. He definitely believes that he's absolutely infallible and I don't see that ever changing. If he got his ass fired he'd probably blame everyone else for not understanding his brilliance and then pat himself on the back for being so incredibly awesome he's not even understood in his own time. But the fact is, Ron CAN be as shitty as he wants and the soap press will kiss his ass.

(Same goes for Geary, Bernard and Howarth.)

• Love 8

I've caught up with this board more than the show for quite a long while, and made the mistake of actually using some downtime to watch. So Sonny the reprehensible mobster extraordinaire is going to be town savior and forgiven (and by extension, Carly the overbearing mother of the year) by Michael. Excuse me while I bleach my eyes and ears out. Or I'll try that nifty spork idea Oncesane mentioned.

What a gag inducing waste of time.

I'll continue to read the board for entertainment.

Edited by Sharkatefonz
  • Love 2

Although the Sonny lovers saw it as a huge victory, I didn't see what the big deal was.  It was a tension-fraught moment and Michael instinctively called him Dad, what's the whoop?

I think it was when Michael said "his father" saved everyone.  Also, how is Sonny the big hero when Michael is the one that got the bomb and was going to get it off the ship himself before Sonny showed up?  Considering that Michael hasn't been allowed a voice in anything lately, I'm going to assume that he gets no credit for this either.  I don't think I can handle him being all nice and wonderful to Carly since you know she's just waiting to say "I told you so, Michael!"

• Love 5

Oh, Sonny's not a big hero AT ALL.  And I didn't like the "My father, my father!" Michael started to spout.

But the initial exclamation of "Dad!" when he saw Sonny - at the moment he was holding a bomb - was fine with me.

• Love 9
Total shocked that he even mentioned Emma today

What got me is that he only brought her up because of how she's connected to "him" of course.

"You almost got Emma's father killed today!". I mean really, is that for real? 

What an extra special douchey way to speak about himself in the third person as the typical selfish asshole he's always been. As if there weren't how many other parents on that boat or someone else's children and loved ones.

• Love 6

That was a hot ass mess.

There are no words for Franco. It's stuff like this that makes me so embarrassed I actually watch this.

I think I'm done. I can't watch every character kiss Sonny's ass and proclaim him a hero. I rolled my eyes so hard at that shit today. I felt actual rage.

• Love 14

Not for nothing, but you just answered your own question.

I think I'm done. I can't watch every character kiss Sonny's ass and proclaim him a hero. I rolled my eyes so hard at that shit today. I felt actual rage.

Oh, I could heat a small home with the "Flames, on the side of my face..." hate I'm feeling today.

• Love 4
So you'll be killed off or doing something really lame next month.

Oh the lame writing is already on the wall, imo.

Jake will finally find out that he's "Jason" and then start reconnecting with everyone. Figuring out  how to be besties with Sonny again, helping Michael reconnect with his parents, picking between Carly and Sam, and maybe Liz.

He's going to be quite the busy little beaver I'd imagine.

• Love 1

What got me is that he only brought her up because of how she's connected to "him" of course.

"You almost got Emma's father killed today!". I mean really, is that for real?

What an extra special douchey way to speak about himself in the third person as the typical selfish asshole he's always been. As if there weren't how many other parents on that boat or someone else's children and loved ones.

"You almost killed the man who sends his kid to sleepovers!!!!!"

More accurate? Yes.

• Love 4

Why the heck did Luke look so cocky at the end?

I all but expected him to show fangs with blood oozing down his old chin and have huge bat wings flap from behind his tux as he propels his way out of Port Charles into the frail but white as the driven snow arms of Helena C. Please someone stick a stake in them both.......they are DONE.

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 8

I almost forgot...between Franco on LSD, Sam handing Jason the phone to talk to Lucas, Lucas saying "A bomb!?", Michael carrying the bomb, Sonny running with the bomb, and Grayson's acting and hair, I was cracking UP. Like, my face hurt.

I don't think this was supposed to be funny, though.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 8

Oh great. We get a Sonny saves the day and we think he hath died for our sins sweeps spectacular. That's worse than Sonny merely saving the day or banging someone on your dad's grave at his funeral, knowing he murdered your father.

Roger Howarth, we need to talk. Get out of soaps. Take a restraining order against Frank and Ron. I do appreciate that minute with MSt before the LSD where I got to pretend I was watching Todd/Rebecca at the Cult/Church. But bruh. You're a talented, good looking guy. Turn this new job into something. You are better than this crap.

JT, please go to the gym. If you're going to be in scenes with Billy Miller and I'm expected to not think you're a geek, you need to eat a burger, take the stairs, lift ladies. Whatever. But lol at that chokehold. Bruh, you got owned.

Shut up Sonny. And for the future, Shut Up Carly. Oh and meow new Sloane.

If talents and good looks guaranteed a great part in Hollywood, my main boo, Adrian Pasdar (in spite of his annoying wife) would have a great starring part in a good TV show. But, no.   So RoHo I can't really blame. He has a job that pays him to do something he loves. And I believe he still has kids at home-not sure-so the security of daytime is better than the uncertainty a lot of his fellow actors face.

And I wish I could say it's only the men that chew scenery and over act on this show, but I know it's not.

I don't think Michael and Sonny are going to be braiding each other's hair anytime soon-no spoilers. Just a feeling.

I hate that it sounds like the Fluke thing is just going to keep dragging on. Really, show? I'm starting to go from merely annoyed, to angry about that, at this point. I think the only reason that I'm not is because I just am not bothering to tune in.

• Love 2

I enjoyed some of the show today.  Everything after the bomb went off.

I mean the stupid burned from Lucas to Sam to Elizabeth (we'll let the police take care of that--WTF)(I loved Dante's retort)

I loved that Nathan protected Maxie.

Even though I know Sonny ain't going anywhere, I enjoyed the thought of him blowing up with the bomb.

"You almost killed the man who sends his kid to sleepovers!!!!!"

More accurate? Yes.

Very much so. Oh and not to mention that he'd rather her "leave a voice-mail for Daddy" when he's getting busy in bed. After all if he might end up giving her yet another unwanted sibling he has to put in the work.

• Love 1

The thing is, even if I loved Sonny and were rooting for him and blah blah blah . . . I would still hate this, because it is so awfully told. 

Just the lack of any kind of subtleness or finesse...it makes me cringe.

And we haven't even gotten to the

official pardon from the governor for sorta-saving too-stupid-to-live Ivy.

Edited by TeeVee329

Very much so. Oh and not to mention that he'd rather her "leave a voice-mail for Daddy" when he's getting busy in bed. After all if he might end up giving her yet another unwanted sibling he has to put in the work.

It's just amazing to me how much the writers continuously won't give Patrick depth. Saying something like, "My child almost lost another parent" means so much more and adds so much to his character and what he's thinking than "My child almost lost me."

• Love 2

I almost forgot...between Franco on LSD, Sam handing Jason the phone to talk to Lucas, Lucas saying "A bomb!?", Michael carrying the bomb, Sonny running with the bomb, and Grayson's acting and hair, I was cracking UP. Like, my face hurt.

I don't think this was supposed to be funny, though.

I had hoped that I might get to see some of the extras diving off the boat Kiki style when they saw the bomb instead of just running around in circles and screaming at each other.

I  also cackled when Jakson told Lucas where the bomb was, underneath the bar, and Lucas was all "Wait? Huh? What does that even mean? I don't get it", while Michael, hearing his uncle speaking the words out loud, raced behind the bar so he could then look under it.

Without the stupid this show just couldn't exist at this point.

• Love 9

I also cackled when Jakson told Lucas where the bomb was, underneath the bar, and Lucas was all "Wait? Huh? What does that even mean? I don't get it", while Michael, hearing his uncle speaking the words out loud, raced behind the bar so he could then look under it.

Without the stupid this show just couldn't exist at this point.

I know Lucas was in shock and confused, but I was laughing my ass off. Funniest episode I've seen in awhile. And there have been some goodies. Edited by HeatLifer

I like McCouch way better, despite that hair and the odd voice and the get-straight-to-the-scenery-chewing acting.

I have always liked this actor but I do hate that they let him come back with the long hair. He needs the buzz cut from when he first was Dusty on ATWT. At least he can act and can muster some chemistry with his screen partners.

I may be at a table of one, but today's Nina and Franco did not make me puke but it did frustrate me. For me, the actors have decent chemistry together but the characters are so FUBAR that it is impossible to cut through the BS and get to them. If RH had been brought on as someone else (Steven Lars for instance) and MS was Nina but not a baby-stealing, labor-inducing, almost-raping character and was the character of Nina who just woke up from a 20-year coma (still with some mental issues but not violent), they might have worked together. I don't mind that both can chew the scenery down to toothpicks -- I expect some chomping in my soaps. It's why I love EMPIRE! So that part of today frustrated me.

The Sonny saving the world pissed me off. Once Michael totally forgives him, I may have to visit the barge. It would be a nice  surprise where Michael called a brief truce where he could thank Sonny for saving them and then maintained a civil distance for a significant amount of time.  Wouldn't that make sense? Sonny did something nice so Michael is grateful but Sonny also did something horrible that cannot be fixed and so Michael just keeps his distance for now. If they must reconcile, make Sonny work for it -- over time. Make it ugly and painful and more of a background story.

I know this soap won't be around long enough to do that story justice but one day they could make up -- YEARS down the road. I know it's a lovely dream. Michael will be eating dinner at Sonny's next week.

I wish they would explore why Maxie is so freaked out about Nathan. She needs to ease up because he was a policeman when she met him. However, how many policeman boyfriends did she lose? I don't think they have mentioned it in context with this particular relationship -- or they might -- I sometimes lose focus with some of these stories. He's already been shot once or twice so she should be a bit clingy.

I was hoping that Ava was going to jump out of the bushes and push Luke/Fluke/Puke over the bridge.

• Love 8

Why did Sonny not shoot Fluke after Fluke told him that Dante was dead? He should have killed him and then ran to the boat. It wouldn't have taken a second.

Because why waste a bullet if Dante is already dead I guess?

• Love 1