Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Shallow end. I find Billy Miller unattractive, so the idea that he is a delicious morsel of man-flesh completely takes me out of his scenes along with the way he over-relies on grinning. It's a distracting tic to my eyes. I don't care whether it's a Jason thing or not, I don't care about Jason. I thought the character had outlived his usefulness as an interesting character long before he tumbled off the pier and I had no interest in seeing a recast as an excuse re-imagine the part.

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 1

Finola's haircut is amazing.

Eyeroll at Franco thinking Nina being sedated was sketchy. That should have happened the day she stepped onto the set!

I was annoyed at Liz for barging in and acting like Sam was targeting Jake out of spite and then I rolled my eyes for Sam saying that Faison killing adult knew-what-he-was-doing hitman Jason in the back trumped Faison helping to kidnap and brainwash innnocent teenage Lucky for a year. Then I tuned out the rest of their squabble.

Nothing much of interest to me today, although I do appreciate how this is the third day or so in a row where the segments are a decent length.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Fin's new haircut looks great!

Vinessa's curls were also looking good again today. The last few times Jordan was on, it looked like someone put too much product in her hair.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3
Wait. Sam apologized to Liz over Jason?

They apologized to each other and admitted they'd both done dumb things in the name of Jason. I might have paraphrased that last part.

I do appreciate how this is the third day or so in a row where the segments are a decent length.

I know. Scenes were more than four sentences long. Happy holidays to us!

• Love 3

So the only reason I have to look at today's show is FH's haircut and VA's curls?!?!?

Well, Carlos is back. But I think someone discovered that we liked him, so now he's being written as … I dunno … ickier … than he was before. Seriously. I would not be surprised to learn that Jeffrey Vincent Parise was getting too much positive feedback on the boards when he was on before, so now he's being made to look worse. 

• Love 3

No, Carlos was pretty much always icky, if over the top. This time last year he was taking a teenage boy (aka TJ) hostage and laughing like a nutbar while he was doing it.

Ron's not Guza. I don't think he gives a crap if someone is getting better feedback than Sonny (which I really doubt was the case with Carlos), especially if it's a character of his own creation. I think the only person who cares about possibly getting overshadowed is Franco.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

"I'm a detective. It's my job to detect." Ahahahaha. Oh, Nathan. You stupid hot creature.

Carlos is the star of my heart, guys. Best thing to happen to this show. And, no, I'm not exaggerating. ;)

What are Liz and Sam talking about!?!?? Just shut UP, both of you. They both look like such hypocrites when they talk about the past and Jason. But, again, Jason was married to Sam. Married. Why is this a fight STILL!?

Why does Patrick always look like a douche? That's what Jason should have said when Patty basically said he's built like a mobster. "Well, sir, your hair makes you look like a tool."

Poor Jase doesn't want to be a criminal. I kinda love that.

Jordan and Anna are everything and more.

• Love 2

So the only reason I have to look at today's show is FH's haircut and VA's curls?!?!?

Actually it was a good hair day for Anna, Jordan, Alexis, and Elizabeth. Also, Alexis looking at Nina like she wanted to give her the finger (re: signing "on condition") was mildly entertaining.  

• Love 1

This episode was so booooorrrrrinnng.  Almost every single scene related to whatever the Legion of Doom is doing - Sam & Liz, Patrick and Jake, anything with or about Jake, Sonny, Julian, Carlos, Duke - it's so insane.  They really need to wrap this shit up. 

I hate that Sonny is trying to save Ric. It's stupid. Sonny doesn't give one fuck about Ric. I need to start fast forwarding these scenes.

As Shawn said today, "Sonny doesn't want another death on his conscience (or shoulders, or something - I forget)."  Shut up, Shawn.  Sonny has never cared at all about killing anyone, and just recently said he'd kill AJ again in a heartbeat.

I will die laughing if hostage Ric is actually in cahoots with Johnny.

I would too, but it seems unlikely since Ric is still locked in the trunk.​

• Love 4

I hated the catfight between Sam and Liz, but the irony was great. Sam has no ground on which to stand, but she never has had a real sense of her own hypocrisy. Liz is wrong believing that Jake would never hurt anybody, but she senses he is a good guy. Wasn't that always the idiotic Guza way of whitewashing what he and Sonny did? That they only hurt the guys that were more evil than they were? OTOH Sam recognized Jake in the blow-up by his eyes? Shouldn't she have recognized his eyes as Jason's? Does Sam "know" on some level that Jake is Jason, but she can't believe it because she now knows Jason is most "sincerely dead"? Was her cattiness with Liz (and maybe Liz's with her) more of their basic jealousy with one another over Jason? Do they both know on some level that Jake is Jason?

Or is it just Ron going back to square one in the Jason Wars? UGH!

• Love 1

OMG, the smug today. It reminded me of why I used to hate Liz so very much.

I feel the same way about Sam.

I really hate Duke and Shawn thinking they're better than Carlos and Julian.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 3

I don't think anyone has a feeling or knows Jake is Jason. Maybe Danny knows on some level because of the scenes where he wouldn't let go of Jase and runs to him and stuff. Then again, the little one also called Patrick "Daddy" so he's a bit scattered. Heh.

One thing jumped out at me. I don't remember a scene where Jason told Sam Elizabeth was responsible for changing the DNA test to keep them apart but today Sam spit it out. 

The last scene I remember during that time was Elizabeth handing over Danny after his check up and everyone was all smiles.

Other than that..I'm sure some of you heard..womp womp womp womp womp, smug, smug, womp, womp, womp

Edited by Thinbalina

One thing jumped out at me. I don't remember a scene where Jason told Sam Elizabeth was responsible for changing the DNA test to keep them apart but today Sam spit it out. 

The last scene I remember during that time was Elizabeth handing over Danny after his check up and everyone was all smiles.

Other than that..I'm sure some of you heard..womp womp womp womp womp, smug, smug, womp, womp, womp

This is just like that douchenozzle. Similar to whatever bullshit Sam was spouting about how Robin was always coming in between her and Jason. Or that Jason would drop everything for Robin, when we ALL KNOW that the only person Jason would do that for was the shebeast. Robin was never an issue between Sam and Jason.

• Love 2

Liz is so desperate for Jakeson's dick. Ugh STFU you pathetic freak. Helena needs to come slit her throat. I don't even know why Sam subjects herself to Liz's bullshit. Sam did her good deed by giving Liz a heads up about Jakeson. If her dumbass wants to stay with him and he kills her nothing of value will be lost. Definitely don't understand why she felt the need to discuss Jason with that stale bran muffin. Jason told Liz he didn't want her and when he died he was married to Sam and was prepared to raise Danny with her. No further discussion is needed.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

IIRC, Liz went over to Sam's (where was she living then, Alexis'?) to apologize to her in person right after she told Jason.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I don't think anyone has a feeling or knows Jake is Jason. Maybe Danny knows on some level because of the scenes where he wouldn't let go of Jase and runs to him and stuff. Then again, the little one also called Patrick "Daddy" so he's a bit scattered. Heh.

Which is more offensive than anything. The assswipe rejected Danny from the womb and had no bonding sessions with him. Not even after he was born.

I HATE Jasus. 

I don't even know why Sam subjects herself to Liz's bullshit.

Did you see how waltzed into her home without invitation. Short of throwing her out, sam had to deal.

• Love 2

Jason told Liz he didn't want her and when he died he was married to Sam and was prepared to raise Danny with her. No further discussion is needed.

This is why I don't understand reopening Liz/Jason/Sam. Before he "died", it's not like he had feelings for Liz? So what's the point of this? Because even if Liz/"Jake" have a connection now and start up a relationship, the second he regains his memories, I would never honestly believe he'd be torn. It's BS. This triangle of hell is so tired.

• Love 2

This is why I don't understand reopening Liz/Jason/Sam. Before he "died", it's not like he had feelings for Liz? So what's the point of this?

The point is that Ron didn't get to tell the Liz/Jason/Sam story he wanted to because Steve Burton wouldn't play ball so now he's going to tell it, no matter how many stupid way he has to twist the narrative.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

This is just like that douchenozzle. Similar to whatever bullshit Sam was spouting about how Robin was always coming in between her and Jason. Or that Jason would drop everything for Robin, when we ALL KNOW that the only person Jason would do that for was the shebeast. Robin was never an issue between Sam and Jason.

Sweet Jesus almighty. Since Robin came back in 2006, she's the one who keeps dropping everything and sacrificing herself for Jason!

Whereas Jason only looked mildly constipated about Robin almost dying from Monkey!virus and has done nada to put Robin first in anything.

My God. This show is like opposite world. The worse this story gets for Robin the better the payoff better be. Like, the entire town should pitch in to support Robin financially for the rest of her life because the poor thing is never going to want to see the inside of a lab again.

And also pay for round the clock security guards so she's never kidnapped again.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

Whereas Jason only looked mildly constipated about Robin almost dying from Monkey!virus and has done nada to put Robin first in anything.

I do think Jason was a good friend to Robin in terms of being someone who would listen to her with no judgements. No, he didn't put her "first" because their storylines never crossed paths that much to begin with, but whenever the writers allowed them interact, he was always someone she could talk to.

And he FINALLY apologized for Michael, so he'll always get major props from me for that. It was like, 10 years late, but hey.

• Love 4

Fair point. But in terms of supposedly dropping everything to help the other, it was always Robin fixing Jason's malfunctioning brain. (Post 2006 and in the Sam era, obviously not during their actual relationship in the 90s).

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

IIRC, Liz went over to Sam's (where was she living then, Alexis'?) to apologize to her in person right after she told Jason.

That was to apologize for lying to Sam and Jason about Sam dating McBain and about Jason and her "getting close" again to get them to finalize their divorce.  She never mentioned the DNA test, because Jason asked her not to. 

So..no.  Sam finding out what Liz did with the DNA test happened off screen.  Liz apologized to Sam on twitter, apparently.

And I am going to reign in my Liz rage from today, because most has been said already.   But the smug, shrill voice REALLY grates on my nerves.  She could be saying ANYTHING and it comes out sounding bitchy.   And at least Sam has the ability to accept that she shouldn't throw stones, Liz has NEVER been able to do that.  Because her shit doesn't stink.   Any normal person would thank Sam for being concerned, but ask her to kindly butt out.  But Liz is incapable of putting the bitch face away.   Sam said some ridiculous things as well, but Liz is just a smug little witch.  I really enjoyed not having to endure Liz and her holier than thou attitude for 2 years.   But I am incapable of ff'ing KeMo. 

I haven't seen the Jake stuff yet, I am about to catch up on the tube.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 7

Yeah, Julian is totes a bad-guy. RME. I just can't take it seriously when he's sitting across the table from Dukes garish suit and incompetent hit-man Shawn smugging it up.

I will die laughing if hostage Ric is actually in cahoots with Johnny.

What kind of flowers do you like, and where should I send the flowers, because Ric is totally in cahoots with Johnny. Their families go way back. Trevor L was Anthony Z's mob lawyer. Johnny and Ric were thick as thieves once. Edited by Veronica
  • Love 2

Sweet Jesus almighty. Since Robin came back in 2006, she's the one who keeps dropping everything and sacrificing herself for Jason!

My God. This show is like opposite world. The worse this story gets for Robin the better the payoff better be. Like, the entire town should pitch in to support Robin financially for the rest of her life because the poor thing is never going to want to see the inside of a lab again.

And also pay for round the clock security guards so she's never kidnapped again.

True, Jason didn't even bother to check up on Robin after his bf/boss accidently winged her in his mad quest to kill Jax.

because Ric is totally in cahoots with Johnny

Wasn't he shown struggling to get out of the trunk, though? I don't know, maybe he had to take a leak or something, but there is probably a reason why they showed that.

Liz was smug, Sam was a hypocrite...Zzzzzzz, moving on.

I didn't think there was a chance in hell of Alexis helping Franco, but by the previews it seems that way...which would be complete and utter bullshit.

Was I the only one to notice an undercurrent of vague animosity between Jakeson and Patrick?

I prefer Duke as a mob boss ten times over Sonny, or Julian for that matter.He doesn't have that fake bravado thing that the others have and treats his job as any other, not as a way to prove his manhood. He is Don Corleone to Sonny's and Julian's Sonny Corleone.

• Love 1

Finola's haircut is amazing.

That's really the main takeaway form this ep.

Liz is such a fool. And I'm sorry, but I think her hair looks like shit.

I loved Sam's hair and shirt. 

I love Jordan. I adored her scenes with Anna (as usual) and loved her scenes with Julian/Carlos. When she was like, "You look nice too, Julian," with that look on her face I was like fuck already dammit! It's so sad that Jordan likes Shawn. I guess everyone has at least one major flaw.

LMAO at Ric being locked in a trunk. I really thought he was gonna be secretly working with Johnny. Although, he is a little nuts, so he might agree to being locked in a trunk.

• Love 7

I don't know if Sonny would approve of Duke casually taking illegal pay-offs in Carly's hotel. 

Floved Anna today, the hair, manipulating Jordan, the smile at the end. 

I had to ff LizvSam, its too stupid to waste time on

• Love 1

Did you see how waltzed into her home without invitation. Short of throwing her out, sam had to deal.

All Sam needed to do was politely ask Liz to leave. Assuming she refused (which she would have) Sam could have grabbed her gun and shot Liz for trespassing and/or for self defense.

* I'm not a lawyer and I'm not sure if that's how it really works but Ron doesn't care about real world laws anyway so who cares.

I don't know if Sonny would approve of Duke casually taking illegal pay-offs in Carly's hotel. 

Floved Anna today, the hair, manipulating Jordan, the smile at the end. 

I thought that maybe Moobs was making Snarly pay protection money.  It would certainly be the icing on the cake of this perfect love.

God knows Carly SHOULD use protection, especially when mating with Moobs.  It would only be fair to us all.

• Love 2
then you are going to need to put on a show if people are around

He was by himself when they showed him struggling, though.

Who knows, though....maybe Johnny's somehow trying to con Carlos and Julian as well, with Ric's assistance.

Liz was smug I tried to be objective but the smug on this chick was too much for me.

Sam is stupid and I only got to like few seconds into the Liz/Sam scenes before I cut it off what stupid they were both sprouting.

• Love 2

They were using words but they were speaking a language I didn't care to listen to. Round and round the juvenile, petty, childish, high school wheel of fun that lives in Ron's head.

It is truly disgusting to watch such a display between two women, between two mothers, and all over a male. Where is their self-respect? Where is their dignity? Where is their self-worth?

• Love 8

I didn't think there was a chance in hell of Alexis helping Franco, but by the previews it seems that way...which would be complete and utter bullshit.

I fervently have my fingers crossed that Alexis "agreed" to help Franco just to get Nina moving.  She'll then do Nina's arraignment first and then when it's Franco's turn, be all, "Uh, flush him, your honor."  I mean, we know from the promo that he ends up in Pentonville.

Does the actress who plays Diane have something else going on?  Why is she not pitching in here?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I fervently have my fingers crossed that Alexis "agreed" to help Franco just to get Nina moving.  She'll then do Nina's arraignment first and then when it's Franco's turn, be all, "Uh, flush him, your honor."  I mean, we know from the promo that he ends up in Pentonville.

Does the actress who plays Diane have something else going on?  Why is she not pitching in here?

I have no idea if she has anything going on.Maybe we should be grateful scotty hasn't turned up on his sons behalf lol.

Edited by Harmony233

I guess she might be, she does do stuff sometimes.

What's a Scotty?

A person that is hopefully in Paris, France celebrating his daughter's birthday.

LMAO at Ric being locked in a trunk. I really thought he was gonna be secretly working with Johnny. Although, he is a little nuts, so he might agree to being locked in a trunk.

In the name of fairness, even though I actually hate Carly and like Ric, I am glad that he is getting a taste of what he did to Carly when he kidnapped her and chained her to a wall. Karma wise, he deserves it. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2