Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Yup, Natasha and Julian's rescue of Luke went too smoothly. The two of them should be suspicious but hey, if Patrick and Anna can't see any distress from Robin when they skyped, I guess Alexis and Julian are blinded to all the GLARING signs that they are STILL being played!

Gah.

• Love 2
So, it wasn't Luke at the Quartermaines, then? So are you saying the real Luke is somewhere else and he pat which baby on the head? His grandson? And that is the real Luke?

Sorry hon, my anger clouds my posts at times I know.

No, notLuke is the one pretending to be the Luke Alexis and Julian rescued from the facility and that Alexis brought to the Qs.

Lulu decided to introduce Ben (Rocco) to him today.  During their scenes notLuke played the part as well, pretending to be glad to see the baby, to meet his new grandson that he'd never seen before, the whole business, talking about spending time with him and bonding, blah blah but at the end of the show he got a call from Faison and proved his true identity, he's the same imposter as always just playing them all yet again.

Edited by CPP83

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

It's supposed to be an exciting twist!!!!! Except it's actually so mundane, dull and predictable, that I'm too bored to even snark much about it. Boredom is the main part of why I can't be arsed to actually pay attention to the show anymore. It's just on in the background.

Slow clap for finally bringing an end to the Britt + Nik nightmare. I hope. Awesome job taking a couple that had potential and initial chemistry and repeatedly ruining them. Hopefully this means we'll see less of that unpleasant little shit, Spencer.

We'll probably see more of him because he'll be heartbroken over losing his new mommy/co-conspirator.

I'm as exhausted as Nicholas with all of this. Luke, not Luke, I don't care. The man drunkenly ran over a little boy.* He's a piece of shit. 

*(Can someone tell me why Jason didn't have Luke killed for that? I wasn't watching at the time)

IIRC, Lucky asked Jason to spare Luke's life and Jason agreed.

• Love 2

LOL at Madeline's bandage.

Does Rocco seem suddenly gigantic to anyone else? Or is it because ER is so tiny? (This show and its enormous babies. Hee.)

the soft tinkling musical notes in the background

Ron or Frank have to be doing the music cues these days. They're so wildly inappropriate in so many places.

For all the crap that Britt deserves for her part in Spencer's disappearance, I hope Nik gives Spencer just as much he gave Britt. Spencer is no innocent here.

he was out of Molly's life for 5 years

Molly visited Ric regularly, I believe, so he wasn't really out of her life. Just not physically there on a daily basis.

It was ADORABLE when the baby sneezed. 

(News flash, ABC 7 [the local NYC affiliate]: It's not breaking news if you've already reported it.) 

• Love 1

Wtf is Ron doing? Rewriting Too Many Cooks, starring TG?

Too Many Lukes.

One Fluke needs to be Patrick. Because.

Dude. If Patrick doesn't have a freakout over Faison tomorrow, I'll be convinced he's working with him.

• Love 2

Was Nik talking to a mirror today because I swear everything he said about Britt applied to himself? Or maybe it kind of sounded like what Lucky was saying when he found out that Nik was fucking his fiancée. So fuck you, Nik. I am done with you. And spoiler alert, Jason is alive, so you literally put your last shot at getting any on a boat off the island. Cheers to you! Because it's not like Spencer couldn't have learned lying from his Corinthos side. And it's not like you, Mr. Cassadine haven't done anything ever. Go rut some farm animals.

There, now I'm done with Nik forever. I'm just pretending he and Spencer no longer exist. I can't keep up with Too Many Lukes, One Crazy to Crazy, and Jason's Harem annnd Nik's Evil Island. No. I need to ignore characters.

• Love 4

Now, ya'll know I worship at the alter of Finola Hughes, but damn she was fucking brilliant today. She did more today with minimal screen time and barely any lines than other actors do in months of massive monologuing screen time. Same with Anders Hove. Today, they should have totally cut that Freaks shit and used that time for Anna & Faison to do their thing.

And I've always liked Dante, except when he's in Sonny-asskisser mode, but I want to have a full-on bromance with him after he fully supported Anna against Faison & Julian.

HP was also good today, but she needs to find the person who gave her that haircut and stick them in a tree.

At this point, the real Luke has been lockde away somewhere for almost a year. This story needs to come to a final resolution four months ago. And of course, myself and many of you brilliant snarksters saw this latest "twist" coming a mile away. Just reveal that Evil Luke is Bill and get on with it! Nathan's paternity is another story that needs to be wrapped up.

Excited that we finally get a Helena/Dr. O scene, and one last Britta/Brad scene tomorrow.

• Love 7

I agree that it's time for Tony Geary to go.  I thought he was great in the 80s, but now he's just not that important.  Plus, today he looked a little unsteady on his feet at one point, so I worry that he came back too soon. 

• Love 4

So far nobody's mentioned the UCG of the baby bursting into tears when MSt held her upright, close-ish to her face and took the pacifier away to make her little self pay attention to Nina and NotTodd!Franco. I truly thought that was the best moment of the show. 

Molly, sweetheart, your father is STILL not a good man. Doesn't matter how many times you say it. The best that can be said about Ric is that he's never killed someone in cold blood...I think. I could be wrong.

• Love 2

I can't keep up with Too Many Lukes, One Crazy two Crazy, and Jason's Harem annnd Nik's Evil Island.

Heh! This makes me think Ron is riping stories off of Dr. Seuss.

One Luke, Two Luke, Red Luke, Blue Luke...

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 5

So far nobody's mentioned the UCG of the baby bursting into tears when MSt held her upright, close-ish to her face and took the pacifier away to make her little self pay attention to Nina and NotTodd!Franco. I truly thought that was the best moment of the show. 

I think because we all fast-forwarded it.

• Love 3

Faison: Why don't you tell your heroic young detective what you did to me??

Yes!! Welcome aboard Faison!!

And also I thought my man looked extra hot today too. 

Did they drug Rocco or something? He was practically falling asleep.

Nik is perfectly in the right, but it's hard to feel for him when his child is the unholiest brat since the red menace.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

but she's adorable. She still loves Roger Howarth a lot.

So do I.......ahem....

When the baby kept sneezing, Roger (not Franco) was laughing and delighted. That was all him, not Franco. As an RH fan, I loved it and yes I am still pretending he is playing someone other than Franco -- its the only way for me to watch him and not gag ! 

• Love 5

So far nobody's mentioned the UCG of the baby bursting into tears when MSt held her upright, close-ish to her face and took the pacifier away to make her little self pay attention to Nina and NotTodd!Franco. I truly thought that was the best moment of the show

I saw it. The gigantic baby is the only thing I've paid attention to in those scenes. I cant tell you one word carzy labor induxing baby stealing Nina or Franco said. I did see the sweet baby holding her own bottle again, reaching for her pacifier and putting it in her mouth and trying to naw off crazy Nina's finger in order to get to freedom.

Anna/Faison were the only other story to hold my attention. To little time spent with those 2 together.

I still don't care about Luke or Fluke. I guess Cartini found their way to drag this pathetic shit out until February sweeps.

• Love 4

Just to be clear, since I wasn't in the room during the Britt/Nik scenes and just heard the dialogue - did Britt somehow think that "spineless idiot who listened to her evil mother when she suggested she encourage Nik's child to run away and hide for days as a means to make Nik emotionally vulnerable and get him back" was going to play better than "cooked up the same plot with the help of his kid and not on her mother's say-so?"  I mean, really.  Either way, she actively allowed Nik to freak the fuck out while his child was missing for days just so she could exploit that concern as a means to get closer to him.  It doesn't matter whose fucking idea it was.  God, she's useless.  Did she think that Nik would say "oh, so you only stupid, irrational shit that has the potential to endanger my kid when your psycho mommy whispers in your ear?  Then, by all means, stay, darling.  I love you!"?  

Not that I think Nik is parent of the year, and I'm sure that, if KT was sticking around, Nik would get around to deciding she was just acting out of misguided love, and he'd welcome her back to his bed, unless he gets another Emily tumor ghost to sex up.  

I still don't care about Luke or Fluke. I guess Cartini found their way to drag this pathetic shit out until February sweeps.

That makes me throw things. This whole storyline has no rhyme or reason and it's still trucking on.

And it's so tiring that every fucking storyline is wrapped in a secret or a lie or blah. Who has an actual romance or relationship on this show, for example? I mean, how is this possible!? How is no one just...dating and falling for each other? I just...ugh...

• Love 5

That makes me throw things. This whole storyline has no rhyme or reason and it's still trucking on.

And it's so tiring that every fucking storyline is wrapped in a secret or a lie or blah. Who has an actual romance or relationship on this show, for example? I mean, how is this possible!? How is no one just...dating and falling for each other? I just...ugh...

And here, I do miss Guza. Yeah, he was a pissant, mob-obsessed hack who lived through Sonny and Jasus with Carly as the adoring female who begged for their scraps.

But all that said, he and his team could - even if also rare - actually do romantic buildup. Sure, it eventually got torn down and blown to hell, and for those that did reunite, the rebuild was nothing less than shoddy, but there were moments of good before the inevitable fall. See Scrubs. Or original Dante and Lulu's build. But they could do it.

This regime has ZERO concept of ANYTHING romantic.

• Love 4

Does Molly know about Ric's past involvement in the mob?  If not someone needs to tell her and explain the reason Julian's boss chose to frame Ric was because of his past crimes.  Ric was a victim here but he was not an "innocent" victim, sometimes your past comes back to bite you on the ass.  I am so tired of hearing her whine about Julian hurting her dad.  Molly has grown up surrounded by the mob, yet she can not grasp the fact that Julian was being threatened to frame Ric even after Lucas was shot and she, her mother and baby nephew were almost blown up.  Shut up Molly.

• Love 3

Well there was Nathan and Maxie, until the judge forbade them to be in the same room, so um yah.....

Does Molly know about Ric's past involvement in the mob?  If not someone needs to tell her and explain the reason Julian's boss chose to frame Ric was because of his past crimes.  Ric was a victim here but he was not an "innocent" victim, sometimes your past comes back to bite you on the ass.  I am so tired of hearing her whine about Julian hurting her dad.  Molly has grown up surrounded by the mob, yet she can not grasp the fact that Julian was being threatened to frame Ric even after Lucas was shot and she, her mother and baby nephew were almost blown up.  Shut up Molly.

Sending this post a bullet of love.

• Love 2

And here, I do miss Guza. Yeah, he was a pissant, mob-obsessed hack who lived through Sonny and Jasus with Carly as the adoring female who begged for their scraps.

But all that said, he and his team could - even if also rare - actually do romantic buildup. Sure, it eventually got torn down and blown to hell, and for those that did reunite, the rebuild was nothing less than shoddy, but there were moments of good before the inevitable fall. See Scrubs. Or original Dante and Lulu's build. But they could do it.

This regime has ZERO concept of ANYTHING romantic.

I agree 100%. I expect relationships to be destroyed on soaps. I mean, duh. But there was also great buildup and great relationships in-between that. I really miss the simple stuff too. I remember during early Scrubs when Patrick got sick and Robin took care of him and he told her about his mom and his favorite book and...Ron would NEVER write these scenes.

Well there was Nathan and Maxie, until the judge forbade them to be in the same room.

But even with them, there was no buildup. It was like Naxie were just soulmate love after one scene and no actual bonding.

• Love 3

Random things I think.

If what Fluke wants is ownership of ELQ, why didn't he just make a Michael Quartermaine mask for a day or an AJ mask back when he was in charge?  Or why, if you can make a mask and disguise yourself as virtually any one else, do you go after a company like ELQ, which was on the verge of bankruptcy last year and then had the IRS dealings, when you can have anyone else's life in the world, apparently? Be Donald Trump for a day and sell all his shit for cash and take off the mask and walk away.

Look, all I'm saying is that, as wacky as it was, I got why Faison picked Duke back in 2012.  He wanted Anna.

I can get why Dr. O made the Anna mask. She wanted to break Faison out of prison.

But why would anyone impersonate Luke Spencer for an entire year of their life, when handy dandy super masks are around that would get whatever the job is (take over ELQ, get revenge on Sonny) faster? Why not make a Max mask and blow him away.  This is a long game I'm not understanding.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 6

But even with them, there was no buildup. It was like Naxie were just soulmate love after one scene and no actual bonding.

But I think they could have had build-up. After the Game of Thrones Aztec knife debacle finished these past couple of months they could have gone out got ice cream strolled through Julian's living room(park) and done cutsie little couple things and gotten to know each other but instead they've been mostly MIA b/c the mean judge and shenanigans......sigh.

• Love 2

My number one complaint and it's quite jarring for a soap. No romance whatsoever. It's weird. The couples we do have are either, never shown, slapped together in 5 min, or broken up. And after they break up, a lot of the time, they don't interact again for long stretches if at all or come off as indifferent to each other. See: Patrick/Sabrina, Morgan/Ava, and Sam/Silas for examples.

Of course with most of these couplings we never SEE their actual relationship progression before they break up, so who cares? Nik/Britt should have hurt today, but they were never shown as a viable couple after they blew up during the Rocco reveal. As it was, Nik seemed utterly bored and annoyed by her this time around.

Maxie/Nathan is the closest this regime has come to a love story, but too has been utterly stalled.

• Love 4

This, 1000%.  When Lucy was saying yesterday that Duke and Anna finding each other and reuniting after 20 years was so romantic, I nearly said out loud, "Sweetie, you didn't see it play out.  There was nothing romantic about it whatsoever."

The only time we saw Duke actually be romantic was when he was really Faison in a mask. Other than that, I recall a tango, a chaste dinner, and him dressing up in a tutu for Emma's sake.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

If this leads to a Sonny mask, I will be pissed.

However, I will allow it if the AJ killed in March was an imposter. AJ thought he was a murderer and bad for his family, so after Monica got fired, he left. He's in rehab somewhere. He has no idea what's going on and plans on contacting his family when he gets better. Alcoholism is a bitch.

• Love 3

But I think they could have had build-up. After the Game of Thrones Aztec knife debacle finished these past couple of months they could have gone out got ice cream strolled through Julian's living room(park) and done cutsie little couple things and gotten to know each other but instead they've been mostly MIA b/c the mean judge and shenanigans......sigh.

Oh, I agree. The writers could have totally started the romance but instead chose to write another roadblock. For no reason.

The couples we do have are either, never shown...

And this is another one of my major issues. Who are the couples that are actually legit together right now? Molly/TJ, Mac/Felicia, Dante/Lulu...is that IT? And if it is, where are they!?!?

• Love 1

Just to be clear, since I wasn't in the room during the Britt/Nik scenes and just heard the dialogue - did Britt somehow think that "spineless idiot who listened to her evil mother when she suggested she encourage Nik's child to run away and hide for days as a means to make Nik emotionally vulnerable and get him back" was going to play better than "cooked up the same plot with the help of his kid and not on her mother's say-so?"  I mean, really.  Either way, she actively allowed Nik to freak the fuck out while his child was missing for days just so she could exploit that concern as a means to get closer to him.  It doesn't matter whose fucking idea it was.  God, she's useless.  Did she think that Nik would say "oh, so you only stupid, irrational shit that has the potential to endanger my kid when your psycho mommy whispers in your ear?  Then, by all means, stay, darling.  I love you!"?  

Yes. Britt does a lot of rationalizing to herself to excuse her reprehensible choices/behavior and go on with her life; when those rationalizations don't work on other people (aside from her mother and that brat Spencer) she gets perplexed. Actually she could be an easy minion for Helena. 

• Love 1

And this is another one of my major issues. Who are the couples that are actually legit together right now? Molly/TJ, Mac/Felicia, Dante/Lulu...is that IT? And if it is, where are they!?!?

Molly and TJ spent Thanksgiving together, Dante and Lulu were just together at the Qs.

It  is not that they are not seen, it is that they have no substance. Much like the whole show. No storyline, character or pairing do. A rare exception is Michael and the AJ murder fallout but that beat seems to have been played out. If it hasn't the pacing isn't helping. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 2

The kiddie quad gets more airtime as a legit coupling than most of the adult pairings. Let that sink in y'all. Let that sink in.

• Love 5

Nik is perfectly in the right, but it's hard to feel for him when his child is the unholiest brat since the red menace.

Britt was wrong, but I still wanted her to get away with it, then realize Nik wasn't worth it. A year ago they just sparkled, but Ron ruined it like he does so many things.

I think he was an innocent victim for the reasons you said. Ric did a lot of bad things a long time ago. So did pretty much every other character over the age of 2 on the show. I don't GAS if Julian was being threatened.

• Love 2

What I liked today was the look on Dr. O's face after she asked Nathan if he was going to let Dante speak to his mother that way and then Faison said somethin g to the  of this is your son?  She knew she blew that big time.

Poor Nathan was all "too much data input!!" when Dante and Obrecht were shouting at each other.

Ugh, the "Who is Nathan/James's father?" storyline is becoming as convoluted as Rex Balsom's paternity issues.  Find a daddy and stick with it.

If they did that they would actually have to give Nathan a personality. They need the hook for him.

I can't imagine Nathan and Faison conversing. I just can't!

The kiddie quad gets more airtime as a legit coupling than most of the adult pairings. Let that sink in y'all. Let that sink in.

It's so gross. I mean, just make them teens if you really want to do a quad with them.

• Love 5