Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

She's a desperate pathetic loser

In Ron's world that's how you know the love is for "real", like really, truly dully, totally, completely real.

If one partner isn't a complete asshole, a selfish prick, a self absorbed boob and a cruel, one note monstrosity while the other is a stupid, useless, brainless, lacking all self esteem coupled with the inability to stand up for themselves and tell their incredibly shitty significant other to fuck off then there's no romance to be had... [/sarcasm to the hundredth power].

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 7

Good lord, Jordan and Shawn are really two of a kind.  They should have gone ALL out and told TJ on Thanksgiving.  Right over the turkey and mashed potatoes.

Day player fed dude was actually decent.

Tracy is always such a bitch to Sam, but I love how Sam just dismisses her shit by now.  She is used to it.

I thought nobody could be stupider than Shawn and Jordan but Luke might be up there.  A guy comes in with YOUR face, and your first guess at who he is IS NOT the OTHER guy out there that ALREADY had your face????  The stupid, it burns.  

• Love 1

Honestly the very idea that Ron thinks it's so goddamn interesting to pit those two against each other...it's so revolting I can hardly comment on it.

They're two actors who consistently come to work whenever they're onscreen. They usually manage to elevate the crap they've been given. This is their reward for being talented and professional. They have oppose each other. Because that's the only lesson Ron can take away from their work. (/sarcasm font)(/disgust font)

• Love 3
Good lord, Jordan and Shawn are really two of a kind.  They should have gone ALL out and told TJ on Thanksgiving.  Right over the turkey and mashed potatoes.

"And I'm thankful for the one time my bullet found its mark, because I'm still alive and I have my former friend's family around me." 

• Love 8
They're two actors who consistently come to work whenever they're onscreen. They usually manage to elevate the crap they've been given. This is their reward for being talented and professional. They have oppose each other. Because that's the only lesson Ron can take away from their work. (/sarcasm font)(/disgust font)

Ron just keeps overextending in every area, imho, instead of relying on his actors and their natural talents he just forces the issue or issues.

"More masks! More jazz hands! More day players who aren't necessary! More dumbing down the characters so the most obvious and ill kept secrets in the history of Soap Operas go another fifteen weeks unrevealed even though everyone and Aunt Mabel has already guessed the answer already! More shouting/screaming/yelling lines and repeating them for good measure as if we didn't hear them well enough the last twenty times!"...

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

"And I'm thankful for the one time my bullet found its mark, because I'm still alive and I have my former friend's family around me."

I don't get it.  Am I stupid?

It was Shawn's probable "What I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving" as he shares the meal with TJ and Jordan.

• Love 3

Remind me again why Shawn and Jordan had to tell TJ about his dad?  I'm with TJ on this one - maybe it was to assuage their own guilt, but it sure as well wasn't for him. 

Adding Faison and masks and Dueling! Lukes! to the mix did absolutely nothing to either help clear up my confusion about what the hell this story is about, or to change my complete disinterest in whatever it is that's going on.

• Love 8

A guy comes in with YOUR face, and your first guess at who he is IS NOT the OTHER guy out there that ALREADY had your face????  The stupid, it burns.

Right? I mean come on. Luke has witnessed how many people in this stupid town who were supposedly dead and came back and he can't rub two brain cells together and at least guess Bill?!?

Dr O trying to choke Anna? Give me a break RC. For realz.

Let's see, Faison was in a hole for at least some of the year but he apparently pulled together quite a wardrobe!

I'm to the point of being ashamed of watching this show. I think I may be hate watching.

• Love 3
So, Ron being the 13-year-old boy that he is, found the loophole and is exploiting it.

Hee.  And so true!

That neither Luke nor Alexis even considered and then dismissed Bill as a possibility is the biggest clue that he is Bill. Those Luke/Fluke scenes were boring because they already had these scenes back in June that were then recaped Fri.

Haven't seen today's show yet (and given what Dr. O does to Anna, perhaps I'll spare myself and won't), but I had a similar thought when Ashton described the picture of Tracy and Luke by her bed. He didn't say, "The guy who looks just like Bill Eckert."  Especially since they had Fluke talk about going to the Outback Club, where Ashton, et al., hung out in the early 90s, but didn't know Luke had run his own blues club (which was 1994 until 2000-ish).

I wonder if Ron's going to see his original idea through to the end or do some last minute change given that people have more and more settled in on Bill.

Edited by Francie

I like that the close caption calls one Luke and the other Fluke.  That's all I like about those scenes.  So Luke manages to pick a lock that somehow has a key chamber facing him.  Then Fluke comes in, threatens him etc  Fluke sits on the floor, lazily waving the gun around and Luke does nothing.  Fluke leaves and Luke just pounds on the wall and screams.  Um, how about pick the lock again and go the other way? 

Hey, I have a secret and don't want one of the bad guys to know I have it. So I'll go to the house they are staying at, talk loudly about it with other people with the door open.  Better yet, I'll bring up stuff on a computer that faces the open door even though I know the guy is on his way back.  And when I am told he's nearby, I'll just sit at the computer, stare at the info on the screen with my back to the open door.  #smh

Better yet, I've stowed a criminal under a horse stable and left him there for a year but there's a stable hand that is feeding and watering him periodically.  Guess changing his litter box too?  I think looking down in that box, it would be easy to tell if anyone had been in there for any length of time.

meh meh meh

• Love 6

I just want the Fluke stuff to be over with so Ric can come home and Jordan can come clean that she's a federal agent and not a thug like Shawn is. Plus, maybe Tracy won't be an idiot anymore.

I think the Molly bangs and weird makeup was there to cover her acne. Ah, the dreaded teen years.

I hope Alexis is the one to get Luke out so this stupid storyline can end.

Dr. O is such a hypocritical bitch. I can't with her scenes. Faison better not be Fluke- was he ever into cocaine and that creepy around younger females? He just seemed to hold a candle to Anna.

• Love 1

I like that the close caption calls one Luke and the other Fluke.  That's all I like about those scenes.  So Luke manages to pick a lock that somehow has a key chamber facing him.  Then Fluke comes in, threatens him etc  Fluke sits on the floor, lazily waving the gun around and Luke does nothing.  Fluke leaves and Luke just pounds on the wall and screams.  Um, how about pick the lock again and go the other way? 

Hey, I have a secret and don't want one of the bad guys to know I have it. So I'll go to the house they are staying at, talk loudly about it with other people with the door open.  Better yet, I'll bring up stuff on a computer that faces the open door even though I know the guy is on his way back.  And when I am told he's nearby, I'll just sit at the computer, stare at the info on the screen with my back to the open door.  #smh

Better yet, I've stowed a criminal under a horse stable and left him there for a year but there's a stable hand that is feeding and watering him periodically.  Guess changing his litter box too?  I think looking down in that box, it would be easy to tell if anyone had been in there for any length of time.

meh meh meh

What was hilarious is that equally pathetic faux Luke kind of lazily waved the gun around as exited the "rubber room" and there is no reason why Luke could not have charged him as went through the door and escaped the room.  Sure, they may have been guards on the other side, but seriously, he is just going to let him saunter out of the room like that?

Wait - what if Fake Luke is actually Real Luke, and the person we think is Real Luke has actually been brainwashed in to *thinking* he's Luke, but he's actually... JASON???  That would make as much sense as anything else at this point.

• Love 2
I don't enjoy anything about it anymore.

My enjoyment of the show has gone up exponentially these past few days. It is not a coincidence that when Sonny/MB is on the show, my level of joy in watching this show is diametrically opposed to the appearance of that vile thug of a character and not easy on the eyes lead male actor.  If I never have to see the mobster from Bensonhurst on this soap opera, it will be too soon.  It is also not a coincidence that none of the three one-to-livers or Nina/Jason were on either. 

Edited by sunnyface

How boring were Luke and Fluke.  Blah blah blah stuff we already know blah blah blah no forward motion blah blah blah Larry and Faison are red herrings blah blah blah.

Yes, the Luke fluke stuff is pretty pretty pretty tedious.....plus the fact that Tony Geary hasn't aged well at all!! Good guys, bad guys, too much keystone cop and comic book stuff. By the way, I think someone one has made a mask for the real General Hospital, because it sure aint what it use to be!!

• Love 1

And I'm thankful for the one time my bullet found its mark, because I'm still alive and I have my former friend's family around me."

Blackie, on 24 Nov 2014 - 9:04 PM, said:

I don't get it.  Am I stupid?

It was Shawn's probable "What I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving" as he shares the meal with TJ and Jordan.

Sorry I meant I don't get this whole Fluke, Luke, Faison, Lord Ashton reveal.........

Does anyone know where to buy Jordan's jacket?

I want to buy it for someone for Christmas.

I'm not good at the internet, but there has to be a place where we can shop for the things we see on soaps! 

Sorry I meant I don't get this whole Fluke, Luke, Faison, Lord Ashton reveal.........

No one does. I'm convinced the writers aren't certain where they are going with it either. 

And Joss is corn. Who does get it thou because I sure as hell don't.

I finally concluded Ron was simply pulling shit (red herrings) out of a hat, including the kitchen sink. Now, you will be shocked, I say SHOCKED, when Bill is revealed as FauxLuke.

My love of AH is the only reason I liked the Faison reveal. In my head, he wanted to visit the site where he shot Jason and kicked him into the harbor with his shoe. /memories......

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 8

I'm not good at the internet, but there has to be a place where we can shop for the things we see on soaps! 

Watching this show has made me stupid. The actress who plays Jordan, Vinessa Antoine, is on Twitter so I asked her there.

Previews...do we think Helena is really paying Luke a visit (looking fly in green) or is she just an illusion?  I mean, it's certainly possible she stopped by to say hi since (ugh) we know she's involved with Fluke, but something about that clip made me think she's not really there.

Oh I forgot to mention, when I was setting my dvr last night, I noticed that the info for this show now says "starring Laura Wright, Anthony Geary". It used to say "starring Maurice Benard, Anthony Geary".

My love of AH is the only reason I liked the Faison reveal. In my head, he wanted to visit the site where he shot Jason and kicked him into the harbor with his shoe. /memories......

If only he'd made a kicking motion while smiling so we knew that he was thinking about good times. 

Wait until he finds out they renamed Ben Rocco! That ought to start some shenanigans! 

Watching this show has made me stupid. The actress who plays Jordan, Vinessa Antoine, is on Twitter so I asked her there.

Please let us know if she responds. I need to know what they use to make Jordan look like she does!

• Love 1

I wonder if Ron's going to see his original idea through to the end or do some last minute change given that people have more and more settled in on Bill.

That's the question. I say he still goes with his obvious original plan for Fluke to be Bill and all this red herring stuff now is so he can act like it's a real surprise when the Bill reveal happens. LOL.

Ah, yes! Faison was so thinking about that glorious moment. I feel you, buddy!

Oh I forgot to mention, when I was setting my dvr last night, I noticed that the info for this show now says "starring Laura Wright, Anthony Geary". It used to say "starring Maurice Benard, Anthony Geary".

Mine now includes Kristen Alderson, which is just beyond. I think mine says Laura Wright, Maurice Benard, Kristen Alderson, Elizabeth Herbst; in that order.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

HA!  Love it.

The stupid story surrounding his return (Anna and Robert locking him up on Spoon Island, his now being connected with the Fluke garbage) has let a lot of the air out of the excitement balloon, but I'm sure Anders Hove will be as fun to watch as always.

• Love 2

The fact that Helena might be an illusion occured to me as well. In fact, if we hadn't already had Julian saying he'd met the guy years ago, I'd vote for the whole entire thing being Luke with a split personality. The whole entire thing has been him with another identity, like "Fight Club".  And it still could end up that way. It would certainly explain the sleeping with Tracy and Tracy not being able to tell them apart. Tony G has said he knows who Fluke is and it's going to shock the audience. I love TG, but I am wondering how much of that is bluster. Because at this point for me, the ONLY shocking thing would be is if it turns out to be the split personality scenario.

Anyone and anything else is going to be a bit of a let down IMO.I suppose if Fluke were Scott Baldwin in a mask, that would be a bit of a shock because he's someone no one has mentioned, and he hates both Luke and Sonny.

But then we  had a mention of Fluke wanting to get revenge for his sister, and talking to someone in Heaven. And I can't recall anything bad Tracy did to Bobbie. THat makes it sound  like Bill Eckert, but I've read rumors Fluke is someone who has been in town this whole time.

Then there's also the fact that TPTB have been quoted as saying Fluke isn't wearing a mask. Which means someone else is, or why else the rigamarole with the mask stuff yesterday?

The shape of the face looked more like Larry than Luke, and Larry not being Larry at all wouldn't shock me.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3

@IWantCandy71

I really like your split personality theory. It would be easy to explain away the Luke we are seeing in Mascavagie as conversations taking place in Luke's own head.

The other theory I really like, and I can't remember who here came up with it to give proper credit, is that the evil Luke is the real Luke and the guy in Miscavagie is someone else.

As far as someone in a mask, to me the face on the screen looked like Larry. But I can't be Faison because we saw him on the docks at the same time Larry was at the Q's. So if someone is masquerading as Larry, I can't fathom who it is. Given all the references to Dobson, maybe it's someone who was around for that story? I just can't think of who.

• Love 1

I figured it was Fluke parading around in the Ashton mask, but then that conversation he had with Jerry wouldn't make sense. I don't see Fluke working under anyone. But who the hell knows or cares anymore with this story line...

• Love 2
Given all the references to Dobson, maybe it's someone who was around for that story?

I think that was Ron doing his standard beat-the-joke-into-the-ground-long-after-it-was-funny shtick. Like the continued references to Joss loving corn. Ron thinks he's being oh so clever.

• Love 2

Maybe Genie Francis has come back as Fluke to put an end to Luke and Laura forever, but on her terms. 

Actually, if it turns out to be anybodybutBillEckert, I'll say only nice things for a week.

• Love 1

It's actually left out Maurice Benard for a while now. I'm glad it's Laura Wright now, because for the past couple of months it's said Kristen freaking Alderson and Tony Geary.

Maybe Genie Francis has come back as Fluke to put an end to Luke and Laura forever, but on her terms. 

Actually, if it turns out to be anybodybutBillEckert, I'll say only nice things for a week.

Why don't you want it to be Bill Eckert? That's the only thing to me that makes sense. (Sorry, that comes off as kinda hostile . . . not attacking, just wondering why you don't want it to be him.) And I would have never guessed it without you guys, so I don't think it will be predictable for the general audience.

Edited by ulkis

It's Bill Eckert. Every associate, every connection (Ashton, Cartullo, Barrett Enterprises, the cartel, the vendetta against Tracy, the Outback) points to Bill Eckert. I'll be pissed if it isn't because I'll know it's some petulant rewrite RC threw together because he was mad people figured it out.

But it won't be rewritten. It is still Eckert, it always was. This is just Ron trying desperately to obscure it for a while longer.

Honestly, it's a fine idea with decent building blocks and supporting pieces and clues, if it wasn't so campy and cartoonishly written and executed. The Kiki molestation shit and singing at the Nurses Ball were bad enough, but when Julian told Ava he had no actual idea who his fucking boss was, that's when I gave up. He's been calling him "my boss" for years. That is ridiculous.

Also, please shut the fuck up, Obrecht.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

Why don't you want it to be Bill Eckert? That's the only thing to me that makes sense. (Sorry, that comes off as kinda hostile . . . not attacking, just wondering why you don't want it to be him.) And I would have never guessed it without you guys, so I don't think it will be predictable for the general audience.

I have nothing against Bill Eckert. I'm just tired of how many times we've gone to the "Back from the Dead" well. I understand that one way to bring back viewers is to bring back fan favorites. And I understand that soap deaths, even Jason Morgan's, are left ambiguous so characters can return. But, we've already had  revivified characters during the Cartini tenure.  That staple is used up. I recall Tracy and (real) Luke discussing how no one ever really dies in Port Charles. When characters in the story discuss how often folks return from the dead, I think it's time to find another way to bring a former character back onto the canvas. Just my 2 cents.

• Love 1

I somehow doubt TG would have actually walked. I think he bluffs a lot. I do think when he heard the name "Bill Eckert" he immediately signed back on. When he said in an interview that RC got only a few sentences into the pitch before TG said yes, that was the final confirmation I needed re: Eckert.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2