Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Silas to Nina Van Winkle: "I remember everything"

Me: *looks at Pacey/Joey avatar and gets stabby*

I need to go kill some balloons now, Sam McCall-style.

#TeamPaceyandJoeyForever

How dare they use that line. 

• Love 2

JT needs to pull a Tony and just go on a long vacation, I am not a Patrick fan by far but I just feel bad for the guy.

Ava, once such a promising character, a hard woman capable of destroying all things Corinthos, turned into a whimpering puppy sniffing after Morgan's pitiful backside, taking pointless pot shots at Carly, while linking herself to Sonny for an indefinite period of time.

Sadly Gabriel died without being able to take his "saintly" mother with him, can Ava's spawn do better though and just have both of them taken out in one fell swoop?

The Nina is even worse than I envisioned her being. Wow...this is going to be absolute torture for me.

So Julian went from standing behind his daughter, offering support by rubbing her arms to suddenly vanishing so Alexis and Sam could have alone time. I guess he used one of those magical portals that just so conveniently pop up in PC to make a quick exit.

There was no time to film a quick scene of him giving Sam a hug and kiss and telling her to call him if she needs anything before leaving? But no, why show a sweet father/daughter moment, let's just skip right over that, it isn't as if Sam and Julian's relationship hasn't gotten back burned or blatantly ignored really since he was exposed or anything...oh how I loathe you, Ron.

I hadn't watched this show live all week and today I had off so I did and boy do I regret it. I feel gypped actually, as if they owe me back my hour for that mash up of bs laden dribble that spewed forth from my screen.

And tomorrow Kiki is back...can Rafe try and rob her and then fly into a crazed, drug induced rage and murder her? Then he can be put away for the rest of his life, two twit birds gotten rid of for the price of one, a sweet deal in my book.

• Love 2

I have yet to figure out what's so great about Michele Stafford.  I didn't get all the hype when she was on Y&R and I certainly didn't see the superior talent yesterday.  Nina's arrival left me flat, as it apparently did all the actors in her scenes yesterday.  The energy on screen could have maybe made enough amperage to light a very, very small pen light for 40 seconds.

Wow, just give her time and she'll be chewing up scenery like a pit bull because i noticed that she has a new set of choppers big enough to get the job done. She'll be swinging those jazz hands around like a ninja using a nun chuck before too long!!

• Love 2

Morgan's getting all the good lines this week

Morgan: You needed to talk to her? It's too bad they didn't invent a device you could use to talk to someone from far away . . . oh yea it's called A PHONE!!!!!!

Would it kill Laura Wright to get her bottom teeth straightened? I'm shallow, I'm sorry. I guess maybe they just can't be for whatever physical reason.

Also, they can have every character say that Michelle Stafford is beautiful but it will not make it so.

Heh. Same with Michael Easton. "You're a sexy, attractive, successful doctor." 

• Love 4

ME makes a sexy cop. There. I said it. As McBain, he was hot. As Silas, not. Ron ruins everything. Just in the past year he's ruined AJ, RoHo, Livvie/Caleb, Robin, Anna, music,Wendys, castles, monsters, vampires, kids, corn , and Puerto Rico for me.

Oh just shut up Nina. I want someone to just throw her out of a wheelchair. I can't with that shit. Just be a woman and say he owes you. Say I know you're banging that chick. Hell, he couldn't keep it in his pants while you were out of the coma.

Ava gained a tad respect from me today. Bonus points if we get a revenge fuck with Frank Baldwin, the so-called artist formerly known as Franco.

• Love 2

Also, they can have every character say that Michelle Stafford is beautiful but it will not make it so.

This is the same town that thinks Sonny is a powerful mobster, that Carly "loves her kids", tha AJ was a worthless SOB who deserved what he got, and that Shawn is a good shot.

Whole town should be forcibly sterilized - with the current possible exception of Morgan.

• Love 6
(edited)

Ava gained a tad respect from me today. Bonus points if we get a revenge fuck with Frank Baldwin, the so-called artist formerly known as Franco.

More likely, we'll get Franco (the supposedly reformed SERIAL KILLER) issuing a death threat of his own against Ava.

Edited by TeeVee329

Do Jew-lee-ehn and Uh-lex-[inaudible] know that Ava is carrying a Corinthos spawn?  

Whoever the father is, i hope that spawn joins Geehhhhh-brrrrrr-elllllllllllll Drehhh-ick St. Tiago in heaven.  The last thing Port Charles needs is another Corinthos.  It's bad enough we have Rocco since he is technically a Corinthos, although thankfully he won't carry that last name.

• Love 2

I am actually glad Sam didn't get possessive and catty.

I didn't want her to be possessive and catty, either.  I just wanted to see Sam & Silas admit they are dating.

THIS.  I've never thought MSt was attractive, & the role of Nina hasn't changed my opinion.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm glad she didn't get possessive and catty, too, but she totally punted when Nina asked her how she knew Silas. "He's my son's doctor" isn't a lie, of course, but but would it have been so terrible to admit to dating Silas? As I wrote earlier, I think it's way soapier to get that news out sooner rather than later and see the fallout. It's not some great secret.

this is the woman whose son got kidnapped because she didn't 'deliver the letter to Steven Lars' for crazy Heather Webber. This shock is happening just feet away from her little boy, during his b-day party. She has no idea if this woman could freak out and harm her son or another loved one, have a loud breakdown right there in the park and ruin Danny's b-day celebration, have a medical crisis/collapse in the park from the "shock" of seeing the S&S relationship that the vindictive Madeline later blames Silas and Sam for, etc.

It would have been best if she'd said something that would open the door for Silas to spit out the truth to Nina when they had some privacy, like Silas has been a very good friend to me, we spend a lot of time together etc.  If it was a straightforward situation, which of course it's not, then there is simply no way for Sam to speak the truth at that time and place without being a terrible person, in my estimation even if was being shown as obvious that Nina is a Psycho Bitch From Hell, (beyond being portrayed by Michelle Stafford) Sam would still be on the wrong side of things if that was her reaction. Even if Nina were a sweet, frail paragon of virtues who is utterly clueless about Sam's attachment to Silas, she still needs to know sooner rather than later about his life in her absence. 

Really though, showing up at a birthday party for the child of strangers to spring a back-from-the-dead surprise(!) pretty well screams nutbar

And what isn't sick about this show is stupid and boring.  I feel sorry for Kelly Monaco.  She got through years of acting opposite a block of wood only to be paired with someone just as boring, only scrawnier.

I laughed when Nina said that line about how Silas did not need to worry about rolling in over in the bed and crushing her, because I'm pretty certain Silas' wizened self worries that all the wimmins are going to do that to him. If she wasn't wheeling around, I think Nina would have just flipped bashful Silas over her shoulder and tossed him on the bed. 

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 1
(edited)

Nina Van Winkle

BWAH!!!!!

Well, today, like yesterday was meh.

Thankfully Sham Wow is still dead, Patrick cries more then Lucky ever dreamed to and Joss is still corn.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 1

So Julian went from standing behind his daughter, offering support by rubbing her arms to suddenly vanishing so Alexis and Sam could have alone time.

IIRC, when the Silas-Nina reunion was going on, Alexis told Molly to take Danny to Kellys, and they'd all meet up there. So I figured that Julian was with them.

(edited)

I loved the scene between Carly and Ava, especially Ava's threats to end Carly for messing with her. They were both highly entertaining in that scene. Not however as much as Morgan entertained me for his smackdowns on dear old dad. How I wish Stumpy had revealed Ava's trigger-happy ways only to hear Morgan tell him that he deserved to get shackled to Connie's murderer/Olivia's shooter as his just reward for continuously fumbling at his belt buckle. 

Edited by yuggapukka
  • Love 6

IIRC, when the Silas-Nina reunion was going on, Alexis told Molly to take Danny to Kellys, and they'd all meet up there. So I figured that Julian was with them.

Given Molly's feelings about Julian at the moment, I'm not sure Alexis would be dumb enough to send them off together.

I'm not sure Alexis would be dumb enough to send them off together.

Given that Alexis has become almost as dumb as Tracy, and that's saying something, I have little doubt she sent them off together.  LOL

• Love 3

Ava telling Carly she was going to be a grandma was spectacular.  As was her calling out Carly about really being mad that Ava slept with Sonny.  I enjoyed that entire conversation very much.  

Nina is already driving me crazy.  She's been in a coma for, what, 20 years or so?  And it doesn't even occur to her that Silas might have moved on, or at the very least might not be ready to have her move right in and snuggle up next to him in bed?  Is she a crazy and unreasonable person, or is her pushiness and presumptuousness just a plot point to move the Silas/ Sam angst along? 

Morgan continues to be the highlight.  Keep yelling at Sonny, Morgan!​  I had to pause and laugh for a minute when Sonny said to Ava "You're pregnant with my baby, or my son's baby, it doesn't matter..."   Um, Sonny?  I think it does matter.  A lot.  Especially to your son.  Probably to the baby too.  And maybe even to Ava.

• Love 6
(edited)

So, Gabriel really IS Angel Gabriel now. Woot. I thought for sure Ron couldn't resist having Sobby place her oh, so holy hands on the spawn and single-handedly revive him.

Buh bye. If only his mama would join him. But I'll settle for this.

ETA: The revolution...er, Daytime Emmys will NOT be televised...but will be streamed this year.

Soon, I bet there will be no show at all, just the winners announced and the awards mailed to them.

Edited by WendyR72
  • Love 3

I'd rather watch Carly - detached from the leech that is Franco - than watch her be crowded out by the double team of Nina and Ava (though Ava's a very entertaining villain).

• Love 4
(edited)
ETA: The revolution...er, Daytime Emmys will NOT be televised...but will be streamed this year.

Soon, I bet there will be no show at all, just the winners announced and the awards mailed to them.

Wow. That shows how little the networks care about daytime television.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Hey y'all.

Yup, I's still on the barge, and I heard about Gabriel and that he died, and so I came here to get the details. I've read all the posts that are comparing it to that douchecanoeratbastardprickofafuckwit's attempt at trying to make this like BJ's death. I actually thought it was his attempt to "redo" (ha ha, get it?), Claudia's miscarriage.  To wit:

1. Claudia was run off the road--CHECK
  2. The baby wasn't viable out of the womb--CHECK
  3. The baby died, and both the midgety moobster and Claudia listened to his(?) heartbeat on the monitor until it flatlined*

*Except here, Sabrina was listening to said heartbeat via stethoscope,

See? A repeat of Claudia's miscarriage.

• Love 1

Considering he was alive for a good amount of time after the accident while Patrick was running around with him in a blanket, anything is possible. I did feel sad for the because I've seen parents mourn and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Nina and her crazy eyes. I just can't. You apparently don't give a shit about your brother.

Snarky Morgan is awesome.

• Love 2

He didn't tell Sonny to keep her on her leash though. After Ava told Sonny she wouldn't go far, he said, "Wow, that's sweet. Maybe you should get her a leash too while you're at it." 

I do think the fact that Morgan will eventually forgive Sonny vs Ava isn't just about the fact that Sonny is a man and Ava is a woman. (For now, who knows how gross things may get later.) Yes, Morgan will forgive the man over the woman, but in this case the man in his father, and his father is a long-running contract player and the woman in this case is someone who is probably, in maybe less then a year, two years if we're stretching it, going to be killed off in some murder mystery probably. Now, I think it would be totally about the men if, for example, he was angry at both Carly and Sonny and he eventually forgave Sonny but held a grudge against Carly for all time.

I agree, but it just bothers me because when I hear lines like that I feel like it's about gender. I don't believe they would have a line like that if Morgan was talking to, let's say, one of Sonny's old mute bodyguards (if any are still around).

So, Gabriel really IS Angel Gabriel now. Woot. I thought for sure Ron couldn't resist having Sobby place her oh, so holy hands on the spawn and single-handedly revive him.

Buh bye. If only his mama would join him. But I'll settle for this.

It's time to give up those awards. They actually had an offer and chose to turn it down waiting for something better.

Oops!

They have been shit for years anyway, and for a number of years almost seemed ashamed of daytime drama.

The Nina is even worse than I envisioned her being. Wow...this is going to be absolute torture for me.

Yep.  Pretty much.  If there was an award for a scenery chewing over acting newcomer Mrs. Van Winkle wins by a mile.

I saw the photos of the guy who is inflicting Levi on us and was absolutely gobsmacked that that is HIS REAL HAIR.  Don't you think someone like a manager or spouse or parent would tell him that is so not a good look??

• Love 1
I agree, but it just bothers me because when I hear lines like that I feel like it's about gender. I don't believe they would have a line like that if Morgan was talking to, let's say, one of Sonny's old mute bodyguards (if any are still around).

Well now they will, since you mentioned their existence. :glares: I kid, I kid.

It's time to give up those awards. They actually had an offer and chose to turn it down waiting for something better.

Seriously? Idiots. 

I'd rather watch Carly - detached from the leech that is Franco - than watch her be crowded out by the double team of Nina and Ava (though Ava's a very entertaining villain).

Me too. By far. I actually enjoy some of her scenes with her sons and Luke sometimes. And I loved it when she was going batshit trying to ruin Brenda and Sonny's wedding. They fucked up on the follow through there.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't with Nina's good-golly-gee little-girl act. Not at all. I love how she just assumed she'd be able to move in with Silas. Good thing she conveniently had all of her luggage with her!

Does MS always slur her "s" or is that a character choice?

LOL at the enormous number of cups at the birthday party. There were six people there.

It always cracks me up how Ron tries to wring out emotion from scenes (currently: Gabriel's death) when he's done such a terrible job of setting them up in the first place.

I thought the Ava/Carly stuff was pretty meh. Typical sniping by both of them. Ava threatening Carly? Zzzz. We'd be lucky if Ava pushes Carly off the curb and Carly sprains her ankle. Killing her? Never. The show doesn't have the guts. It can't even put Sonny in jail for more than a few days.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I loved the way Alexis was holding Sam.  It was so sweet.  It took years, but they finally feel like mother and daughter to me.  

I used to think the actor playing Morgan couldn't act, but he was so the shit today.  Running circles around MB and Sonny.  

Can't wait until Michael finds out the truth.  Carly and Sonny are so disgusting in their "I'm better than Ava" game.  Yeah, you're saints.  Whatev.  

Is Nina supposed to sound like a 40 year old two year old?  I'm frightened.  

• Love 2

Would it kill Laura Wright to get her bottom teeth straightened? I'm shallow, I'm sorry. I guess maybe they just can't be for whatever physical reason.

Thank you! Sorry but her teeth drive me nuts. They're just so aggressively bad. 

MWOP is genius. Major kudos, tveyeonyou, for that! And he was, indeed, MWOP again today. Keep it up, my baby! The phone line was so great. BC is killing this.

Ava was giving me life today. The Ava/Carly scenes were really fun.

Nina continues to straight-up terrify me. I had to start ffwding because it was too much.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't with Nina's good-golly-gee little-girl act. Not at all. I love how she just assumed she'd be able to move in with Silas. Good thing she conveniently had all of her luggage with her!

Does MS always slur her "s" or is that a character choice?

The Nina is like one of those devil dolls from an old Night Gallery episode.  The makeup piled on with a trowel, the squeaky creepy little girl voice, the jerky movements, those dead, dead eyes.  I don't care much for or about Silas, but it was a good idea he had not to sleep in the same bed with her.  If he had, he'd have woken up to her munching on his femur before she skittered away and hid in the walls.  MS really missed her her calling.  She should have specialized in Grade C straight to video horror fliks.

I used to think the actor playing Morgan couldn't act, but he was so the shit today.  Running circles around MB and Sonny.  

Can't wait until Michael finds out the truth.  

Is Nina supposed to sound like a 40 year old two year old?  I'm frightened.  

Morgan is on fire these days.  He's getting the best lines and his delivery is perfect.  Poor Orange Glow looks like an old guy lost at the mall next to him.

I'd be more interested in seeing Michael's reaction if it wasn't pre-ordained that Kiki will take it over and make it hers.  Somebody should just put her back in her hamster cage already.

The Nina isn't a person, she's a possessed Betsey Wetsey doll.  Hence the need for a nurse and rubber sheets for the bed. 

Edited by boes
  • Love 3
Is Nina supposed to sound like a 40 year old two year old?  I'm frightened.

Hee. I think she is. Maybe she and Franco should get together, they appear to have the same childlike mentality.

I like that Morgan was like "good, that makes two of us" to Sonny's "I hate myself." Sonny always thinks saying he hates himself will absolve him.

LOL at the enormous number of cups at the birthday party. There were six people there.

Maybe an impromptu game of beer pong was going on yesterday ;)

Silas listens to jazz for long stretches? Congrats writers, you found the one more way to make Silas more deathly dull to me.

• Love 3

Silas listens to jazz for long stretches? Congrats writers, you found the one more way to make Silas more deathly dull to me.

I actually felt bad for Silas.  I'm sure he'd rather listen to some slow jazz than Nina's Kewpie doll voice.  

(edited)

Its been 20 years why would she think her and Silas would pick up where they left off.

Nina's on the crack.  Did Ron C actually believe this was a good way to introduce an already newbie character.  Showing up uninvited to a kid's party?  Questionable.  Acting like it's all good 20 years later?  Brain must be some form of mush.  Yiiikes.

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 1

Acting like it's all good 20 years later?  Brain must be some form of mush.  Yiiikes.

Especially since the dude was screwing somebody else right before her coma.  It's not like they had a fairytale romance going on.   God this story is so fecking stupid.

• Love 2
(edited)

It can't even put Sonny in jail for more than a few days.

A few days?  We're lucky if we get a few hours.

Acting like it's all good 20 years later?  Brain must be some form of mush.  Yiiikes.

Especially since the dude was screwing somebody else right before her coma.  It's not like they had a fairytale romance going on.   God this story is so fecking stupid.

Exactly.  Between this & the crazy eyes, I don't know why we're supposed to believe this is a valid triangle.  Oh maybe Silas' wang will kill the crazy like Nik healed Emily with a kiss.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

Ava telling Carly she was going to be a grandma was spectacular.  As was her calling out Carly about really being mad that Ava slept with Sonny.  I enjoyed that entire conversation very much.

I loved seeing the Slagbeast get her face pushed into the (virtual) poo today when Ava called her bluff and alluded to potential grandmotherhood. Yes! Yes! Yes! I had been shocked into being speechless when Carly was gloating about Ava's possible murder, when she even had a bottle of champagne at the ready for the event. Carly's comments and attitude were blood-chilling; she reminded me of Lady Macbeth.

Ava's threats and taunts that she had been with both men made my day! Of course Carly still has what the French call tendresse for bad boy Sonny. Let the catfights begin!

I cannot imagine why everyone is letting Nina manipulate herself back into Silas's life so easily. She must be depending on their shock. If Silas wants any chance of respect from her (or Sam), he must not let her get away with this outrageous behavior.

It appeared that Alexis was plying Sam with alcohol to calm her down and cope with Nina's shockwaves. But was that wise? I don't remember if Alexis drove Sam home, but I hope so. Besides the danger of driving drunk, an inebriated Sam might turn up at Silas's door, causing a scene that crazy Nina would probably relish. And if Sam is already depressed by the situation, alcohol isn't going to help her depression.

I'm anxious to see if we will witness a scene between Patrick and Emma talking about the demise of little brother. Patrick was wise to take the stuffed animal to give to Emma so that she could use it for healing and remembering. The death of the baby was extremely painful to watch, but the writers might have been using it to show the compassion that hospitals can offer in the event.

• Love 2
(edited)

As a MS fan Nina's first real scene was disappointing. Not so much her but everyone else really made it horrible. She was trying her best to tone down her acting to a snails pace but ME was just like playing against a block of wood. And don't even get me started on Sam just standing there looking ridiculous.

That whole scene was horribly written I don't see where she'd get any idea how to play it. It was like an unknown character trying to give a monologue in a scene full of other characters just milling around. My Gawd SOMEONE should have had some kind of feeling besides just her. ugh! I hope she gets more to work with.

The problem, imo, is that Nina is an unknown character with ties to no GH vets.  RC should have tied Nina to a GH vet character.  He didn't.  The reason no one had a reaction to Nina is because no one cares.  The only person who knows Nina is Silas.  Molly doesn't give a crap.  Neither does TJ.  Neither does Alexis and Julian for that matter, except how it impacts Sam.  No one in PC, except Nathan, is going to give a damn about Nina being back from the dead.  No one knows her from Adam.

RC keeps making these mistakes.  He brings on a new character, doesn't relate them to anyone on GH, and gives them a front burner storyline as if GH viewers care who this person is.  He did it with Sabrina.  He did it with Kiki.  He did it with Franco by trying to whitewash his past and reintroduce him as Todd Manning, and now he's doing it with Nina.  The reason the scene fell flat, imo, is because no one cares about Nina at all, whether she's alive or dead except two people in all of Port Charles, and both of those characters are new characters.  I have to actually have an emotional connection to a character in order to care about them, and I don't care about Nina or whether she and Silas still love each other.  Now, if Nina had been a secret sister of Monica's or a granddaughter of Lila Quartermaines, then I'd have more interest, and it would bring in more of the GH vets to her story.  Instead, she's this unknown entity that I don't care about and none of the GH characters care about.  Bad move on RC's part.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4

The last thing Port Charles needs is another Corinthos.

That's RC for ya.  On a canvas that is overflowing with useless Corinthii and achingly low on Quartermaines, he adds more of the first and kills off one of the second.

It would have been best if she'd said something that would open the door for Silas to spit out the truth to Nina when they had some privacy, like Silas has been a very good friend to me, we spend a lot of time together etc.  If it was a straightforward situation, which of course it's not, then there is simply no way for Sam to speak the truth at that time and place without being a terrible person, in my estimation even if was being shown as obvious that Nina is a Psycho Bitch From Hell, (beyond being portrayed by Michelle Stafford) Sam would still be on the wrong side of things if that was her reaction. Even if Nina were a sweet, frail paragon of virtues who is utterly clueless about Sam's attachment to Silas, she still needs to know sooner rather than later about his life in her absence. 

It seems to me that the person who is responsible for telling Nina that Silas has moved on is Silas.

I actually thought it was his attempt to "redo" (ha ha, get it?), Claudia's miscarriage. 

I got the feeling it was RC's take on the "Death of Delia" storyline that Y&R did.

I like that Morgan was like "good, that makes two of us" to Sonny's "I hate myself." Sonny always thinks saying he hates himself will absolve him.

I like that Morgan knows all of Sonny's psychological tricks and not only doesn't fall for them, but calls Sonny on them as well.

I don't need every new character to be related to an existing character to make me care. What I do need is a lot more than I'm getting from this story. I need a REASON to care,and that means I need to care about whomever the person is tied to. If RC had done a better job introducing Nathan and infused him with a real personality, I might invest in his sister's return from the 'dead.' Even if he'd waxed poetic about his childhood memories of her, it might have worked. But he didn't. He came on with a score to settle and pretended to be some objective third party.

In fact, Nina didn't even exist until Ron needed to create angst for Sam and Silas. So suddenly this 'deep dark secret' that Silas tried so hard to keep from coming out, and Ava kept threatening him with, was that he had a not-so-dead wife. Yawn,

• Love 1

Mean girl moment: The idea that MS could be the biological daughter of Donna Mills is by far the least believable aspect of this entire storyline.  And it has many.

• Love 3
(edited)
RC keeps making these mistakes.  He brings on a new character, doesn't relate them to anyone on GH, and gives them a front burner storyline as if GH viewers care who this person is.  He did it with Sabrina.  He did it with Kiki.  He did it with Franco by trying to whitewash his past and reintroduce him as Todd Manning, and now he's doing it with Nina.

I completely disagree. Not that Ron is making mistakes. Oh, boy, is he making mistakes. I disagree that the new characters are brought on with no ties to vets. Sabrina was immediately infatuated with Patrick, a vet. Lauren was immediately connected to Morgan, a (semi-)vet. Franco is connected to Jason, the vettiest vet who ever vetted (in terms of who the show thinks is important). Did that make them more interesting? Not to me. In fact, I resented them being shoved into stories with people without earning their place.

Nina's problem isn't that she isn't connected to a vet, it's that she's a nobody no matter what. You can't expect an audience to care about somebody they've never heard of. Connecting her to a vet wouldn't change that. She'd still be someone who appeared after twenty years in a coma.

Also, what Sake614 wrote. We have to care about a character. Connections don't do that. Good writing does.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4