Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

When Michael said that his name is Michael Quartermaine, I cheered and clapped my hands but couldn't he have said that in front of Monica.

These writers, though...they really do troll sites and don't have a thought in their heads, do they?

• Love 1

Is there any reason that Britt should care about what happened to Faison?

I found her abrupt about-face towards the end of the episode so annoying and plot point-y because everything she said to Sloane - that she and Faison have and never had any relationship, that he was a monster who was terrorizing Anna, that she doesn't care if he's dead or not, etc. - was spot-on and what I think she truly believes.  I also think Britt has a weird affection for Anna and I just could not really see her plotting against her like that.

ETA...unless, of course, Dr. O threatens her with the Spencer secret to get Britt to play ball.  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Well if it is true that

Britt is on her way out due to the actress leaving

then this whole ordeal with the agent and Anna's takedown and Faison's supposed murder is just another clunky wrap up that only Ron can provide.

I am angry about the disrespect shown to Monica by the writers of this show. For example, since she was his doctor, Monica should have been in at least one scene with NuJason because after all, he is her son. The fact that she wasn't in the scene when Michael announced his new name is so very wrong.

Edited by Lillybee

I am angry about the disrespect shown to Monica by the writers of this show. For example, since she was his doctor, Monica should have been in at least one scene with NuJason because after all, he is her son. The fact that she wasn't in the scene when Michael announced his new name is so very wrong.

Maybe they will take two seconds from the ELQ/Fluke nonsense and give Monica and Michael a real scene tomorrow (just a scene though -don't want to get greedy) and maybe Michael will also actually get to tell her that AJ was innocent.

When Michael said that his name is Michael Quartermaine, I cheered and clapped my hands but couldn't he have said that in front of Monica.

He did, she hugged him as he came in.  Yes, I just checked my recording, she was next to him (but not on screen) when he said his name was Michael Quartermaine.

Edited by jennifer6973
  • Love 6
I think Ron was hoping to wait out Tristan Rogers' contract at Y&R, got bored, and decided to wrap up the Faison stuff now.

But wrapping it up could lend itself to a

Britt exit/leaving story line

which was my point. But who really knows with him, anything is truly possible and it's hardly ever good.

Cameron was throwing some decent lip at Spencer today.

Monica's outfit was awful. No one put any effort into it at all.

LOL that Carly tells Michael to keep his voice down about holding a gun on Sonny, yet she and Sonny discuss shooting AJ at full voice.

"Anna Devane is out of control"? What?

I know. Anna isn't working with or for the WSB, which the agent called a "rogue agency," so how exactly is she out of control? If the agent is legit, he should be glad Anna and Robert got rid of Faison.

I still can't get used to the concept of Michael, the amazing 22 year old CEO.

I could buy it in a soap way if he were going to night school or taking any sort of classes, but as is? It's ridiculous. Michael barely graduated from high school. It'd make a lot more sense (ha!) if he were a troublemaking member of the board. 

Anna pretending to be Faison and freaking the hell out of Dr. O was delightful.  It is always a good time when Finola Hughes and Kathleen Gati share scenes.

FH and KG saved those scenes for me. It's clear the actors really enjoy working together.

Sam's hair looked terrific today. At least, it did in the scenes at Kelly's and Liz's house. At GH it was kind of blah.

Today's new segment was about how NY fans are among the best GH fans, because Port Charles is in NYS. And apparently New York fans aren't shy about yelling to the actors.

These segments are almost as stupid as the show itself.

Edited by dubbel zout
Monica's outfit was awful. No one put any effort into it at all.

It matched her dialog and screen time, I swear to god...how is she not a bloody feature piece for this damn mess?

The fact that she wasn't in the scene when Michael announced his new name is so very wrong.

She was.  She came in.  They hugged, he said he would have come sooner but had to deal with stuff.  Then Larry gave lip and called him by his name at which point Michael announced that he was a Quartermain.  Monica was standing right behind him.  

I still can't get used to the concept of Michael, the amazing 22 year old CEO.

I could buy it in a soap way if he were going to night school or taking any sort of classes, but as is? It's ridiculous. Michael barely graduated from high school. It'd make a lot more sense (ha!) if he were a troublemaking member of the board.

It's not even that, although maybe it would help - I just can't take Chad Duell seriously as a CEO. Maybe they can put some glasses on him when he's doing business stuff, haha.

Sam's hair looked terrific today. At least, it did in the scenes at Kelly's and Liz's house. At GH it was kind of blah.

Yeah, between that and the outfit, today was one of the days I could really buy Sam as the ride-or-die chick they used to tout her as.

I bow down and worship at the altar of Finola fucking Hughes! She was just brilliant today. I actually jumped out of my chair when she started that pretending to be Faison routine. KG was also excellent. I guess the question now is, who has Cesar actually been masquerading as?

I actually stood up and clapped when Michael said his name was "Michael Quartermaine" at the end, and I'm glad Monica got to hear that. I also enjoyed the Ned/Tracy/Larry CEO talk.

Cameron getting bitchy with Spencer was hilarious, as was him being suspicious of Jake. I think he, Emma and Cameron are all good when they actually act like kids, but Spencer has got to go. He's an obnoxious character and the actor cannot enunciate for anything.

LW was really good again today. I want someone to slap Carly in the face with a 2x4, but L.A. is doing Ana amazing job as Carly becomes totally consumed in her total inability to comprehend why Michael is so mad.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

The fact that she wasn't in the scene when Michael announced his new name is so very wrong.

As jennifer6973 noted, Monica was in the room when Michael made his announcement. 

I don't have a problem with the actual pace of this. This has been only one day and he made it over to the Qs after taking care of a few loose ends. I like that he got a promise about the recording to clear AJ before he went to see Monica. I also don't mind him arguing with Tracy. He walked in on a discussion to remove him from his job and Michael and Tracy have already had this battle before. AJ wanted him to have that job and now that AJ is dead, he's not going to let him down.

Probably going to be a lot of guilt on Michael's part -- while he did not have much control over the situation when he was a child, he probably feels stupid for allowing Sonny and Carly to continue to poison him against AJ for as long as they did and that he wasted so much time with his dad. The Qs may get tired of him trying to make up for lost time :-)

Anna was fabulous today.

• Love 4

FH never fails to disappoint when given the material. I got chills when she went into her Faison impression. Cartini waste her.

I'm glad to see Michael still not giving any shits about Carson. Michael Q, sounds nice after 20 years. I wish AJ could have seen it/been there. That's all he wanted.

They need to give the kid playing Spencer fewer lines. I spent most of my time trying to figure out what he saysand end up missing the start of what's happening.

I don't have a problem with Michael yelling at Tracy. We know she's being played again. Also, Tracy wasn't a fan of AJ. She hated him & often threw vitriol at him.Michael was present for some of it.right now he's out for anyone who wronged AJ.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 7

They need to give the kid playing Spencer fewer lines. I spent most of my time trying to figure out what he says and end up missing the start of what's happening.

But he's so cute and clever calling Cameron a townie and acting like everyone is beneath him even with his annoying speech impediment! 

• Love 2

Okay today? Was a thing of beauty. Well maybe not all of it. I mean, I could have lived a long, happy life without the kiddie quad. But Michael was perfection. And the end? "My real name: Michael Quartermaine"

• Love 3
FH never fails to disappoint when given the material. I got chills when she went into her Faison impression. Cartini waste her.

Yes, he does. She can't even put this on her emmy reel, because she had a total of 7 minutes of screen time for the entire show, compared to the 14 or so that Spencer got.  Priorities!

• Love 2

While Michael declaring himself a Quartermaine was satisfying, I love even more how he's comprehending the levels of Sonny and Carly's deception. He caught that  Carly destroyed the tape because she wanted to erase all evidence against Sonny and let them know he sees her action for what it is. It is little gems like these that give me hope that this won't be a short term fallout.

Michael is angry but not blindly so. He is seeing them clearly for who they are.

• Love 9

Yes, he does. She can't even put this on her emmy reel, because she had a total of 7 minutes of screen time for the entire show, compared to the 14 or so that Spencer got.  Priorities!

There's hope, since the kid from DAYS won an Emmy this year with a three minute reel. But you have to watch/know GH to know how good her impression was, although that's not the only reason she was good today.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Frank needs to get Tristan and Anders back, stick them on a set with Finola and Kathleen, and just turn on the camera.

Finola was so damn good, and just chilling in that pretending to be Faison scene; probably one of the best pieces of actingI have ever seen.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 7

Really, Liz, you're just SHOCKED that your son is being a bit standoffish with the stranger you invited to move in that he's never met?

Not to mention the fact that his name is the same as his dead little brothers.  Not strange at all.  This storyline is completely ridiculous.  There HAD to have been 1000 better ways to have Jakeson/Liz thrown together than this bullshit.   As shitty a human being I think Liz Webber is at times, even I think it's ridiculous that she has a strange man move into her house with her and her children.  She has shitty judgement sometimes, but this is just worst mother of the year material, and that already goes to Carly.

I was expecting Sam to see the picture (of her husband) when she turned around toward the table.  I was also expecting Liz to dive across the room to turn it over before Sam could see it.  THAT would have been comedy gold.

I am thinking that agent guy Sloan is Faison in a mask.  I thought it about halfway through when Britt decided to truth tell about her psycho dad.  I actually expected him to rip it off outside of Wyndermere, but nope.  Not yet.  Not spoilers AT ALL, just spec.  I think Anna's fake out sent my mind there.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 3

I enjoyed the fact that Michael was so calm about saying that he was Michael Quartermaine and that it was the name that he should have had his whole life.  I can't wait for the reactions.

I only saw the last twenty minutes of the show, but they were awesome.  I am happy they have gone here with the story.  It just sucks that AJ had to be dead to get to this point.  In my head, I'm imagining AJ's alive and gloating about all of it to Sonny and Carly.

I am thinking that agent guy Sloan is Faison in a mask.  I thought it about halfway through when Britt decided to truth tell about her psycho dad.  I actually expected him to rip it off outside of Wyndermere, but nope.  Not yet.  Not spoilers AT ALL, just spec.  I think Anna's fake out sent my mind there.

My spec is that Faison has been masquerading as someone in town this past year and that Anna actually thinks he is a secret facility. Last week when Anna was interrogating Duke in her office, there was actually a minute there when I thought he was really thought he was going to pull off a mask.

What I can't figure out is who. The obvious answer would be Fluke, but I just don't know. If Anna had been Faison this whole time, it would certainly answer some questions about her behavior concerning Robin & Patrick.

I think DoJ guy is definitely not who he claims to be, but I don't think he is Faison.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive and it's just a soap, but it really, really, really rubs me the wrong way that a woman with young children is letting a man who is practically a stranger live up in her house. It's not right.

On that note, I think Sam and Jake have FAR more chemistry just looking at each other than Liz and Jake have had in their thousands of endless scenes together. Liz belongs with Patrick. 

/Electrick shipper.

Edited by BinkyMimo88
  • Love 2

Maybe I'm being too sensitive and it's just a soap, but it really, really, really rubs me the wrong way that a woman with young children is letting a man who is practically a stranger live up in her house. It's not right.

On that note, I think Sam and Jake have FAR more chemistry just looking at each other than Liz and Jake have had in their thousands of endless scenes together. Liz belongs with Patrick. 

/Electrick shipper.

I may be no Samtrick fan, but personally, I'm glad he and Liz never got together. If there was ever a triangle between Liz and Robin, I'd need to scratch my eyes out since I couldn't take Liz's superior smirks or lecturing Robin for things out of Robin's control since Robin never left voluntarily. (See Liz during the PPD arc when she lectured Robin about her PPD and "wanted to make Patrick smile".)

But I admit, I think Liz should join a nunnery in Siberia, so...

• Love 2

To be honest, I don't think the Qs lost Jason to Sonny. Yes, Sonny gave him a gun and told him to shoot, but no one controlled Jason, not even Robin. Two years after the accident, Jason was in charge of Sonny's organization and actually quit and got back in when Robin almost blew up, and that was all with Sonny not there. 

I think what I would do is have Jason tell them (Sonny and Carly), "I don't even care about how you guys are fine with killing - it's just that you're both boring, very stupid idiots who I can't stand to even listen to for than one minute. And by the way Carly, I would have never gotten together with you if you were the last woman on earth. Bye!"

I don't think that Sonny and Carly took Jason the same way they took Michael. by any means (and Jason certainly helped them steal Michael).  But I do think that Sonny and Carly took the Q's place as his family, and when you combine it with them also stealing Michael, it has to feel, to them, like Sonny and Carly stole both of them.  

If Michael said that stuff to Carly and Sonny, I'd have to not criticize Ron for a month or two.  Even if he "treats" us to two months of nothing but Britt/Nik/Spencer. 

It's not even that, although maybe it would help - I just can't take Chad Duell seriously as a CEO. Maybe they can put some glasses on him when he's doing business stuff, haha.

He'd need a dog named Mr. Peabody if he started wearing glasses. 

I kind of loved Cameron in the kiddie scenes today.  The "if your Uncle Sonny is so great, why is he in jail?" line alone was worth watching the kiddie scenes. 

LW was good in the Carly/Michael/Sonny scenes, much as I loathe Carly.  Her reaction shot when Michael called her "Carly" was really well done.  

I can't even remember how long I've been waiting to hear Michael call himself Michael Quartermaine.  

• Love 5

Sam's hair looked terrific today. At least, it did in the scenes at Kelly's and Liz's house.

This. I was struck by how amazing it looked. LOL!

Now that I find Michael weirdly sexy, they should totally put some glasses on him. I'm into it.

On that note, I think Sam and Jake have FAR more chemistry just looking at each other than Liz and Jake have had in their thousands of endless scenes together.

I agree. But then they're lucky that they don't have to play out the asinine story that Liz/Jake are currently in. I'm interested to see how they work together. Can we please just end this Liz/Jake bullshit already!

I like Cameron. He cracks me up. He's got good snark in him. I loved when Jake said that name was a lot to live up to and Cameron said, "I guess." LOL!

FH is fucking amazing. When she went into that Faison impersonation I was just blown away.

Michael was awesome again today. I can't wait until tomorrow to see the reactions to "Michael Quartermaine."

• Love 2

I hope Jakeson has a brain malfunction and sets Liz's house on fire. Even better if she's inside.

If that happened, I'd consider it an early Christmas present and not say anything bad about Cartini for...15 minutes. (Sorry, but if you praise them too much, the arrogance starts! I figure 15 minutes to be a deserved compromise.)

• Love 2

So was Sonny asking Sean to do something for him tomorrow?  I guess he wants him to get the recording.

That sucks.  Michael is never going to get his hands on it now.

And Carly is between being in deep denial and just obtuse.  Michael is standing there calling her Carly and when Michael asks for the recording her knee jerk reaction was to say it would screw Sonny more.  Her and Kiki are in the running for idiot of the year.  

He should have said, "I want my father's recording that you took it upon yourself to steal."  Michael doesn't know that nugget does he?  

Edited by ch1
  • Love 1

This. I was struck by how amazing it looked. LOL!

Now that I find Michael weirdly sexy, they should totally put some glasses on him. I'm in to it.

If Spin ever comes back and kills Sonny, you're going to find him sexy too, aren't you? :p

• Love 4

He should have said, "I want my father's recording that you took it upon yourself to steal."  Michael doesn't know that nugget does he?  

I don't think he does.  He thinks Carly knew what Sonny did because of AJ's dying words.  I don't think anybody knows the recording came from Carly and Franco stealing AJ's phone out from under Anna.

Edited by TeeVee329
I had no idea crypt sex was so popular!  Maybe I should give it a chance... (No, I will not be giving it a chance.)

In Once Upon a Time's defense, Regina hangs out in her crypt like it was a scrapbooking room or a man cave.

Oh, and back to today's show. Anna was awesome. And Michael Quartermaine was a long time in coming. Now they better not screw it up!

The female actors are really bringing it these past few weeks, especially LW and FH.I wish we got some powerhouse acting by the male ones as well. MB has been a dissapointment for me in this storyline, and RH has just gotten shitty writting he can't do much with,save for a brief moment or two.

Agreed about Sam and Jakeson showing great chemistry just with a stare, and it pains me somewhat to admit it because Jasam was always tepidly boring to me. I'm more interested in Sam-Jakeson than I ever would be in Jasam and would rather have them hook up before he regains his memory and is turned back to boring old Jason once again.

Is Joss aware that her mother is in prison? Doesn't seem so.....

Even Sonny has enough sense to know when Michael is cutting his parents out of his life. Carly has yet to catch a clue on exactly why and how angry Michael is.

Is Joss aware that her mother is in prison? Doesn't seem so.....

She definitely didn't, she was surprised when she saw the news.  Granted, she was probably in school when Carly got arrested, but someone (Bobbie, Lucas, etc.) should have scooped her up, not let her run off on some milkshake playdate.

Not like Carly cares, though.  In her breathless tirade about why she needed out of jail, I don't recall her mentioning Joss at all.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

If Spin ever comes back and kills Sonny, you're going to find him sexy too, aren't you? :p

Can't speak for peach, but, hell yeah, I'd find him all kind of sexy.  I'd find Dr. O sexy if she killed Sonny.  

• Love 8
Am I the only one wondering why Jax wasn't called to come and get his kid lol.

Joss is in the custody of Bobbie and Lucas I guess since Ron hasn't twittered yet, but I would assume she is. Plus Ron could care less about Jax or Joss being his kid and he isn't going to just ship her off when she's such a key halve of his little sick kiddie foursome.

Previews...I dislike Nikolas more than I like him these days, but if he responds to Spencer's cries about Uncle Sonny being arrested with a complete lack of surprise and/or sympathy, I will give him a one-episode free pass from my tirades about him.

• Love 7