Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Abby the strooker

I love that, let's keep it.

I can't put too much of that shit on Michael because that was just so strange. Looking back and rewatching some of it it's even more bizarre than I remember that they tried to make that chick happen. (Almost as weird as the random blonde chick from last summer and fall who dated Michael and appeared a handful of times, was super-wooden and clearly intended to be someone important, before Frank and Ron rewrote and lost interest.)

Edited by jsbt

I love you, Lucy, but take a fucking seat.  Do you really think Anna would be arresting Duke if she had a choice?  Do you really think she's enjoying it?

Lucy claimed to Bobbie that Duke is a platonic male friend.  I don't think Lucy is capable of platonic.  I did like her necklace though.

Go Michael! 

Finally Kiki and Silas buy a clue.

Liked the look on Madeline's face when she realized Nina has gone back in time.  Oopsie.  Best have her committed now and get appointed her legal guardian.

Makes no sense that the police would be arresting their family.  I'd think there'd be some conflict of interest.  Question of Miranda.  Something.

• Love 1
Makes no sense that the police would be arresting their family.  I'd think there'd be some conflict of interest.  Question of Miranda.  Something.

But then we wouldn't get the big displays of screams about family loyalty and all. The Nina will rail against "J" for betraying her and taking "her" baby away, while Sonny tells Dante he needs him to "fix" this little situation for him. It'll be so riveting...

At this point to me "whore" is just Ron's go to word so much and I'm tired of it. It's as if every time a man wants to insult a lady on this show it's "whore" this or "slut" that.

Someone on twitter called Ron out for Michael using the term 'whore,' and Ron's response was, basically, "He's never been this mad before."

So, anger brings out the misogyny in a person?  Ok, thanks Ron.

I guess if someone of a different race really, really, really upsets you, it's going to naturally bring out a racial slur. Good to know.

• Love 9

Lucy claimed to Bobbie that Duke is a platonic male friend. I don't think Lucy is capable of platonic. I did like her necklace though.

Go Michael!

Finally Kiki and Silas buy a clue.

Liked the look on Madeline's face when she realized Nina has gone back in time. Oopsie. Best have her committed now and get appointed her legal guardian.

Makes no sense that the police would be arresting their family. I'd think there'd be some conflict of interest. Question of Miranda. Something.

Nina is still legally married to Silas. He would be her guardian.

Abby the strooker

I love that, let's keep it.

I can't put too much of that shit on Michael because that was just so strange. Looking back and rewatching some of it it's even more bizarre than I remember that they tried to make that chick happen. (Almost as weird as the random blonde chick from last summer and fall who dated Michael and appeared a handful of times, was super-wooden and clearly intended to be someone important, before Frank and Ron rewrote and lost interest.)

thanks, but credit for strooker goes to someone else. 

I don't know if they tried to make that woman happen so much as . . . she just never went away. And then one day Garin Wolf was like, oh, she's still here? Off-screen crane! Probably his best moment.

I keep reading how Michael's reaction to AJ's death is over the top (like on twitter) because he barely knew him but for me?

I mean, he knew him for a year and half , that's a decent amount of time. And it's not just that he died it's that his other dad freaking murdered the guy and then lied to him over and over. And I can buy that Michael really connected with him. Which is what I would tell people on twitter if it didn't take me at least 500 words to say anything :)

Someone on twitter called Ron out for Michael using the term 'whore,' and Ron's response was, basically, "He's never been this mad before."

I guess if someone of a different race really, really, really upsets you, it's going to naturally bring out a racial slur. Good to know.

I'm surprised Ron didn't blame the breakdown writer. Probably cause it was his partner in camp Scott Sickles. Which I'll give him credit I thought it was a decent script. My one nitpick is that Michael's speech at the end felt a leetle too ripped off the boards.

• Love 1

Nina is still legally married to Silas. He would be her guardian.

And Mad's her mother.  She could still go to court and petition.  If she gets Maxie's judge, he might even grant it to her.

I don't know if they tried to make that woman happen so much as . . . she just never went away. And then one day Garin Wolf was like, oh, she's still here? Off-screen crane! Probably his best moment.

Wasn't she a dayplayer who they got some feedback on and then decided to make happen, when the actress was clearly not suited for it? Part of me used to suspect they settled for that when they gave up on the chemistry tests with the Michaels and Lexi Ainsworth's Kristina.

I didn't realize they killed her offscreen. Hilarious, after all that push.

Edited by jsbt

Wasn't she a dayplayer who they got some feedback on and then decided to make happen, when the actress was clearly not suited for it? Part of me used to suspect they settled for that when they gave up on the chemistry tests with the Michaels and Lexi Ainsworth's Kristina.

I didn't realize they killed her offscreen. Hilarious, after all that push.

I'll go reply in the history thread.

I won't be surprised if Madeleine tries to have WE NEVER CARED committed, but it will be for the money not WE NEVER CARED'S wellbeing.

I don't want Michael to shoot Sonny (okay, I kinda want him to shoot Sonny in the dick), I want him to take Sonny to the PCPD. Then go after Sonny's legitimate businesses and Carly's precious MetroCourt. I bet Jax would give him tips on how to do a successful hostile takeover.

So Silas and Nathan will likely save Ava's baby from crazeball Nina while Dante saves Sonny from a bullet in the chest. There's a joke in there somewhere.

• Love 7

Michael, or should I say, Chad is breaking my heart.

How did Sonny and Carly begat such a sensitive young man?

Oh wait, he gets that from his real father, AJ.

Seriously, I can't imagine what Michael is going through right now. The betrayal is not only about murder. It goes all the way back to when they stole him for AJ. They weren't satisfied with depriving AJ of his first born, or Michael of his real father, they further brainwashed the susceptible child into hating his biological father all his life. S&C and JASON (Sorry for shouting but he is too often overlooked to point of joining force with Michael ) wouldn't let Michael have a positive memory of his father. Not even for the sake of the child they claim to want to protect from all harm. Because of this hatred Michael had for AJ, he was robbed of the joy one would feel if their father miraculously came back from the dead. Instead of making up for lost time right away, they had to work to build a very damaged relationship thanks to the hateful lies told to Michael. He had to beat away S&C's relentless discouragements with a stick to have a relationship with AJ.

When they've mended the relationship to the point where Michael sees that his father have always loved and fought for him, Sonny took AJ away from him permanently.  And lied about it to his face. All the while STILL badmouthing AJ. I don't get all worked up with hate for Sonny, but damn, he is despicable. But as far Michael is concerned Carly is worse.  She's always, always had the power to steer this route she took her son into a more positive route for Michael . She'd had countless of opportunities to salvage Michael's life and have failed him each and every time. Aside from the Sonny portion, the icky interlude with Franco is a prime example of Carly disregarding her son's wellbeing and happiness for her own. She's never once made a decision that benefits Michael. Never.

Michael is having a rude awakening that I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy. However I feel about violence, if a storyline and character has earned the right to unleash some of very deserving individuals, it is Michael and his story since birth. He should have emptied the whole barrel into Sonny and walked away. Reloaded and gone in search of Carly. 

If a character is to wildly behave out of character, this sort of catalyst is pitch perfect for him or her. 

I hated Franco's role in the reveal, but I have never been more satisfied with a plot like I am with this one in a long time. I am not naive enough to assume it is going to last forever but I don't assume it'll resolve itself in a week or a month.  The story is not perfect, RC has major issues but he is the writer to finally bring give long term viewers this payoff. In all of his years at GH, Bob Guza never treated past history as true as RC has done with AJ/Michael and Sonny and Carly. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 9
My one nitpick is that Michael's speech at the end felt a leetle too ripped off the boards.

To me it seemed quite a bit ripped, as in a few persons may wish to file a claim of plagiarism. Some of it was word for word what I've seen online, it just took me out of the scene actually.

Ron is so strange to me, I don't think he ever has a set plan for anything he writes or does. He's just all over the place with how he's handling this show, nothing seems consistent.

Well no I can't say that, he has been consistently writing stupid shit, I must pay credit where it's due.

Watching this supposed "take down" of Sonny makes me miss Taggert, a lot.

Bob Guza never treated past history as true as RC has done with AJ/Michael and Sonny and Carly

I am going to reply to this in the "Backstage" thread.

Edited by CPP83
Anna has put in a call to Taggert. He knows what's going on.

Forget a phone call I miss his beautiful face, heh. I also miss the way he never gave two fucks about Sonny's "status" in town. He and Scotty could both be giving each other high-fives all over the police station.

If only Anna had Taggert to turn to in her hour of need...

ETA:

I'm still wondering if there is some way possible for him to be Jordan's Dad...after all she is in law enforcement, and the actors have a 20 year age gap between them so it'd be perfect. And I'm convinced Tag would make a great grandpa to TJ, plus he would hand Shawn his ass five different ways without breaking a sweat. Let me have my dreams, they're all I have left really...

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

I'm going to defend Ron from this particular allegation of misogyny.

People do, in anger, use slurs which they otherwise might not. Having once heard my gran use the word "bitch" in a moment of extreme rage (this from a woman who'd scold us for saying "shit", "damn", etc.) I think this is a fairly natural reaction. You've heard the word before and regarded it as extremely insulting. You won't use it under normal circumstances, but your brain does have that word in its register and when you're out of control and the situation warrants it, you will more likely than not use it. Ava egged Michael's adoptive father to shoot his bio-dad, and just gave birth to a child that could be either Michael's half-sister or niece. "Whore" was a very gentle slur under the circumstances.

Racial and homophobic slurs have been used in similar circumstances.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 6

Forget a phone call I miss his beautiful face, heh. I also miss the way he never gave two fucks about Sonny's "status" in town. He and Scotty could both be giving each other high-fives all over the police station.

ETA:

I'm still wondering if there is some way possible for him to be Jordan's Dad...after all she is in law enforcement, and the actors have a 20 age gap between them so it'd be perfect. And I'm convinced Tag would make a great grandpa to TJ, plus he would hand Shawn his ass five different ways without breaking a sweat. Let me have my dreams, they're all I have left really...

Now that I would watch. Anger boy ,and Sonny finally gets his. Taggert could sell tickets to watch.Taggert. I remember when I watched him. Loved him but as usual Sonny won. Liked him on ATWTs also..TJ could use a law abiding relative.he could take down Shawn..

• Love 1

If only Anna had Taggert to turn to in her hour of need...

He never solved anything either though. ;)

I think that Sonny never really loved Michael but that he sees him as a precious possession that he stole from the Quartermaines. Despite all the loves of his life and his children, Sonny only loves Sonny

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 20

I feel that the show has given Sonny wiggle room, they always do, and as you mentioned Y&R, and I hate sounding like a broken record, heh, but to me Sonny is the Victor Newman of GH, an indestructible force of terror that will never be gotten rid of until the actors finally call it quits.

I edited my previous comment to make it clear that the popular character being destroyed was on Y&R, not on GH.  Sorry I didn't make that clear.  I don't consider Sonny a popular character, based on what I read on the board.  I would never compare the tiny orange man to Victor Newman, who is a force to be reckoned with, but I hate them equally.  I have had 30 years to nurture my hatred for Victor and his smug, pompous attitude, but it has taken me less than six months to find Sonny even more repulsive.  At least Victor is somewhat attractive old man, but I am sure you are correct.....they will both be there for the final curtain.

• Love 3
I don't consider Sonny a popular character, based on what I read on the board

Sadly, this board is more or less an anomaly. Facebook LOVES Sonny. They also LOVED Sabrina and other characters here so nicely hated upon. But it is what it is.

The point is, I'm sure there are those who are rooting for Sonny and Carly to "win back" Michael's affections as much as there are those who want Michael to renounce them forever.

She'd had countless of opportunities to salvage Michael's life and have failed him each and every time.

From the moment he was conceived, she failed him because she ALWAYS put herself, her wants and her plaaaaaaaans ahead of everyone else, including her children. She destroyed any chance of Michael having a real relationship with his real father, from the WTD games she played with Tony and Jason, to making everyone believe AJ had fallen off the wagon so he'd leave town and not remember the drunken one-night stand that would lead him to realize he was Michael's father. She looked the other way when Sonny used the Meathook Incident to take Michael away from AJ for good. She used Michael as a tool to get what she wanted. First Tony, then Jason, then leverage against AJ, the Qs, Jason, Robin, and Sonny down the road. Think of all the times Michael was witness to and victim of the abusive dysfunction of Sonny's and Carly's relationship -- his other women, her other men, the flying barware, the name-calling, the back-and-forth separations and reconciliations. She put him in a world where he was a target for kidnappers and mobsters. She gave Michael mobsters and murderers as his primary father figures. Thanks to the influence of Sonny and Jason, he was the first person to shoot Connie, after he picked up a gun thinking having it would solve his problems, and left her for dead. When Sonny, Carly, and Jason believed he had killed AJ that first time, they literally threw him a party. Between everything she did to Michael, then putting her itch in the pants for a serial killer ahead of her daughter's well being and safety, Carly may be the worst mother ever on GH.

Edited by MsChicklet
  • Love 18

Sadly, this board is more or less an anomaly. Facebook LOVES Sonny. They also LOVED Sabrina and other characters here so nicely hated upon. But it is what it is.

The point is, I'm sure there are those who are rooting for Sonny and Carly to "win back" Michael's affections as much as there are those who want Michael to renounce them forever.

Actually, last I checked Facebook, I saw a lot of "Sonny needs to be punished for this". I've seen a LOT of "I like Sonny but he needs to pay" actually. I was surprised. Not that surprised. Do I think Sonny has more fans than he does here? Of course. I think we've scared away most Sonny fans. But I honestly think his popularity is lukewarm now due to a lot of things, writing, moving out of the "stud" bracket, etc etc.

• Love 7
I edited my previous comment to make it clear that the popular character being destroyed was on Y&R, not on GH.  Sorry I didn't make that clear.  I don't consider Sonny a popular character, based on what I read on the board

I gotcha, though I must say Sonny is still pretty insanely popular in the mainstream of GH fans, mostly thanks to how beloved Maurice is. The amount of people who have been fretting about him resigning as Sonny might surprise you. He's like Tony, sure the character may be total crap but people adore the actor and therefore they forgive all sins of the character.

Oh I am quite sure there are, this is a soap and having a kid renounce his parents, using the usual "you're dead to me" speech, Michael is certainly not the first to do that or to then retract eventually and things change yet again. In fact most soaps have thrived on the fact that a head family has such conflict, that the kids waffle back and forth about their incredibly shitty and useless parents.

Well, if you want that solved, just ask Dante. Or Nathan.

Eh, heh, Taggert is my type.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Well, I knew that watching GH for this long has made me a cheap date and today proved that conclusively.  I really, REALLY enjoyed Michael verbally dismembering Mumbles a LOT.  Way more than the scenes deserved.  

But honestly, after starving us of anything substantial for so long these scenes were more satisfying than a cool drink in the desert.   I have no hope it will last, but I'll take what I can get.  Yep, I've got no shame left when it comes to this show.

Did any of you give a rats ass about Lucy or Bobbie's babbling, or Duke's whatthefukery explanation to Anna?  Man, it pisses me off that Duke was brought back and then almost immediately bastardized this way.  For some unexplainable reason, Ron C. has some affection for that bundle of tics known as Lucy, based on the amount of screen time and dialogue he gives her, but the same doesn't hold true for Duke. 

Finola Hughes can spin gold from horse manure, as she proved once again today.  And poor Bobbie seems to have lost whatever talent she once had with each botched botox injection.

But I'll be back on Monday, and the days following, and as long as Michael continues to punish Mumbles and embrace his inner Q.

• Love 9

"I'm not your son, you're not my father!"  "I was a pawn!" "You cost me my whole life with my real father!" Some great, emotional acting by CD. Those tears at the end, while aiming a gun at Sonny's heart, wow. 

I'm seeing an Emmy nomination in the cards for CD.  He's being handed some good, meaty stuff and he is delivering it well.

"I'm not your son. And you're not my father. AJ was my father."

"All those years...you and mom kept me from him. You poisoned me against him."

"I was a pawn! You hated AJ and you used me, his own son, against him. You didn't care what you did to me. You cost me my whole life with my real father!"

Music to my ears... such sweet, sweet music...

• Love 12

I don't think Michael went in hard enough. The writers Guza had for some of the old Dante stuff, or the breakup with Brenda, would have let him go in and tear Sonny apart for hours. There is a lot more detail and depth you can get into about what Sonny and Carly did to Michael, to all their kids, what they did to A.J., who A.J. was. But I think it was fine, and CD did a good job. Maurice was half-there, but that's typical Maurice. Hopefully he wakes up on Monday.

I thought the Anna/Duke scenes were pretty decent, too. For as much as I rag on Duke, I love Ian Buchanan going way back and he sometimes wakes up and gives a great performance when they give him something, which they usually don't. At core Duke is basically a broken man who was taken apart by his years in prison, who has no idea how to rejoin society, who feels emasculated by the Jeromes and by Anna, feels he is no longer a man with pride or honor or strength. So of course he, pathetically, latches on to his "friend" Sonny and their bond in crime. It's the only thing that makes him feel like the old Duke. That's all he has left for self-respect. It's a tragic but compelling character you could do more with, and the writers hint at this often but they don't go deep enough into it, and acknowledge that Duke is a traumatized old man who is never really going to be able to put his life or his romance with Anna back together, unless he makes huge changes to himself (and I doubt he will).

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

It's a tragic but compelling character you could do more with, and the writers hint at this often but they don't go deep enough into it, and acknowledge that Duke is a traumatized old man who is never really going to be able to put his life or his romance with Anna back together, unless he makes huge changes to himself (and I doubt he will).

But why write that when they can get their yucks having Nina make appetizers vs. apps jokes. #hate

• Love 2
Is Real Andrews still hot?

Oh very, he has kept himself in amazing shape and...yes he can pick right back up where he left off without a problem, heh.

*Sighs* Now I am going to get all nostalgic again for the good old days when Sonny actually was challenged and hot men were doing the challenging...

I don't think Michael went in hard enough

They seemed way too concerned with all the gun play in the scenes, I swear Chad held that gun from at least ten different angles and I think his hand was partly shaking so badly because of how long he was having to try and hold it up and steady.

Again I felt like it was more about a precious prop then actually getting to the real meat of the scene. I said earlier I felt like the build up to the scene/confrontation was almost non-existent and I think today just flew by, blew by actually.

Yet again Ron supposedly hints at something huge about to happen and then when it's time to really impress and take it to that next level it just doesn't come together, I don't think he gives it enough time.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

In Rons defense, no, that is not uncommon. A little too much realism for a soap perhaps, but there it is.

Well, if you want that solved, just ask Dante. Or Nathan.

Anna gets more action (off screen!), according to this board, than she has in the past 2 years on the show!

The show in our heads is so wicked awesome!

• Love 7

Ava egged Michael's adoptive father to shoot his bio-dad, and just gave birth to a child that could be either Michael's half-sister or niece. "Whore" was a very gentle slur under the circumstances.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one in regards to calling Ave a "whore." She was sleeping with Michael's brother and schtupped his stepfather on his real father's grave. I don't like the word, but in this particular instance, I could see why it wa the go-to word.

"You cost me my whole life with my real father!" 

PREACH, MICHAEL!!!! PREACH!!  I'm not the biggest CD fan out there, but I am loving these scenes.

So... when Nathan asked Anna in the hall if there was anything he could do for her, did anyone else want Anna to just plant a huge kiss on him? 

Just me? 

• Love 6

How is it that Ryan Paevey has been on this show for almost a year already and he hasn't had one love scene. Ridiculous. Isn't that what they hired him for?!?!

OH MY GOD..

He HASN'T had a love scene yet. That really is 100 kinds of wrong.   

• Love 3

I wanted to smack Bobbie - could she care any less about Michael's suffering? She sees Duke arrested and Anna confirms that she's seen the video. Instead of leaving to try and find/check on her emotionally raw grandson, she stays at the Floating Rib for an idiotic exchange with Lucy about Duke, and then throw shade at Franco about the ambush/video. I had to roll my eyes that she said Carly made "a mistake." Carly must be proud that she has a perfectly brainwashed mother.

• Love 6
Man, it pisses me off that Duke was brought back and then almost immediately bastardized this way.​

Don't forget, they also had him disappear completely from the screen for months, without even a mention.  Oh, wait, that does not make it better, does it?

The closest Nathan has gotten to a sex scene was when he took his drunk sister home with him.  That is a real shame.  

I am so tired of Ron and his team forcing these scenes where people who have no reason to hang around and talk to each other do. I'm not talking about "unlikely pairings," either - I'm fine with that shit, mostly. Mix up the canvas, please, do it, although sometimes, honestly, Ron does it too much with too many random people who have no reason to confide in one another.

But when people like Heather Webber go on the run and have emotional heart to hearts with little orphan Rafe? Or when Franco sits down at the bar after outing bride Carly as an accomplice to murder, and has a conversation with Bobbie? Why would any of these people give these freaks the time of day? Bobbie should be physically attacking him or calling the police. Instead they sit there and throw barbs back and forth and have two or three segments of scenes! Bullshit! That would never happen! Stop! Stop!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6