Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Morgan, otoh, is still dead to me now.

For me, BC plays Morgan as only processing one thought or action at a time and not even thinking about the consequences of said thought or action.

For example, Ava killing Connie made it okay for him to tell Sonny where Ava was, and he really didn't think beyond that.

And then today, it was 'ok Sonny knows where she is; oh wait - - he actually is going to kill her.'

I'm really curious to see how Morgan responds to Silas or Dante (couldn't tell who it was) asking him where Ava is tomorrow.

• Love 3

What is Kiki's excuse for repping for Franco for months on end? They were popular together on One Life to fucking Live. And I watched OLTL for 20 years, it is my #1 soap and I don't give a shit.

This, this, a 1000x this!

I'm sure we're eventually in for some scene where Kiki points her snarling snout at Franco and reads him the riot act (because now that he's betrayed her, he's an evil monster) while Franco makes a wooby face that he hurt her.  Blech.

• Love 1

I didn't completely hate Kiki today either. Her facial expressions are always off, but she was angry with Morgan for betraying her mother to Sonny. It actually scored her some points in my book, though she was in a deep hole, so it's going to take more. I'll never like her, but today she made a little sense. Morgan, otoh, is still dead to me now.   

The thing with Kiki is, the one secret she should have known, is the one secret she didn't know. Instead of knowing things that she really had no business knowing and making her a straight bitch for keeping them from Michael, it would be completely understandable that she would protect Ava, especially since she pregnant with her sibling. It would be a big enough secret that it could break up her and Michael, but didn't make her look like a lying liar that lies. 

• Love 1

When will Sonny realize that the "you take something from me, I take something from you" also applies to him.  I even hope that Michael

paraphasing the Princess Bride says, my name is Michael Alan Quartermaine, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 9

I am certainly no Kiki fan, but I do think that today was some of KA's best work to date on this show.  And I agree that Morgan is completely unable to recognize the consequence of his actions or to put two and two together - he seems to generally act on all emotion and in the moment, only later realizing "Hmm...maybe that wasn't the right choice..."

I'm trying not to get my hopes up but it is starting to seem like the writers actually might be realizing that everyone but Michael is an absolutely terrible person.  

• Love 5

The thing with Kiki is, the one secret she should have known, is the one secret she didn't know. Instead of knowing things that she really had no business knowing and making her a straight bitch for keeping them from Michael, it would be completely understandable that she would protect Ava, especially since she pregnant with her sibling. It would be a big enough secret that it could break up her and Michael, but didn't make her look like a lying liar that lies. 

I can't argue with anything there.  She is all up in everybody's business.

For me, BC plays Morgan as only processing one thought or action at a time and not even thinking about the consequences of said thought or action.

For example, Ava killing Connie made it okay for him to tell Sonny where Ava was, and he really didn't think beyond that.

And then today, it was 'ok Sonny knows where she is; oh wait - - he actually is going to kill her.'

I'm really curious to see how Morgan responds to Silas or Dante (couldn't tell who it was) asking him where Ava is tomorrow.

You can't tell the difference Dante and Silas? You look at the noses!* One has a perfect nose and the other has a nose. You're deadtome Tiger.  Sorry, time to get my incompetent hitman to take you out!

*And the height. One of them may be a lot shorter than the other, la di da.

ETA I forgot to put who it was after all that, whoops. It was Dante.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I'm sure they aren't going to go to jail, at least for any lengthy stretch, but I do hope Ron rewards us with a scene of Sonny and Carly, both in handcuffs, Carly preferably in her stupid wedding gown, facing a judge.

• Love 3

Oh Ron and his thinking he's all bad ass with referencing nanny cams, etc. Nanny cams are only legal if they are in areas where an individuals would not expect privacy and if no conversation is being recorded (unless the recorder is also part of the conversation).  

What Franco did, with the surreptitious recording, is ridiculously illegal. Every time that necklace recorded a conversation he wasn't part of, he committed a misdemeanor. Each any every conversation.  Each time Carly undressed, it became a felony. So, the cops have been handed a gold egg laying goose in terms of having something that would put Franco away for a long, long time.  But, you know, he cracks wise and all, and it's mainly a stalking crime against a woman, so, ehhhh ....

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

I'm sure they aren't going to go to jail, at least for any lengthy stretch, but I do hope Ron rewards us with a scene of Sonny and Carly, both in handcuffs, Carly preferably in her stupid wedding gown, facing a judge.

Please, yes. I need this.

When will Sonny realize that the "you take something from me, I take something from you" also applies to him. I even hope that Michael

paraphasing the Princess Bride says, my name is Michael Alan Quartermaine, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Pretty much all I'm here for.

• Love 3

Sonny was gross today, more so than normal. I hope Michael puts a bullet in him. You didn't give a shit about Connie because you were banging her cousin a month later. STFU.

Oh Duke, another one who fell at the altar of Sonny.

I wasn't expecting for Franco to turn on his mother. He is nutso, but I prefer this to the so by pathetic Franco we've been seeing lately.

I actually liked Kiki today. She's not half bad when she's not making stupid faces. She's worried about Michael and her mom, while Morgan is still clueless.

• Love 11

Did they show Michael walking in on Sonny or was that in the previews?  I thought the scene ended in a gunshot. My channel doesn't show the previews.

MB acting was especially bad today with MW, good god!..The writing was terrible too, you'd think there would have been "evidence" around that a baby had been birthed in that room, I guess Nina did a good clean up job. (and they neatly by passed the part about delivery the placent).  I thought Ava was going to have to lift up her dress to show Sonny where the baby came out, he was do dense.

• Love 3

Blackie, the last scene before previews was Sonny turning around to see where the shot came from and there was ragey Michael. Utter perfection. I cannot wait until tomorrow- I have waited years for Sonny to pay for his shit.

• Love 8

I don't think the necklace around Carly's neck would be a felony in terms of naked Carly, because didn't it only take video of whoever/whatever Carly was looking at? And since it's doubtful she'd stand in front of a full length mirror naked with that necklace on, or shower with it on....I don't see the Felony.

Then again, I'm not a lawyer. I do know I thought for years that it was completely illegal just to tape a phone conversation. Now I think (though I may be mistaken, laws change all the time) that even in the US now,  in *some states*, only ONE of the parties has to know about the phone call being taped. Obviously that's off the rails a bit, but if phone call laws have changed so much, and so MANY people walk around recording/taping things with cell phones, etc....I wonder just how much trouble Franco would really be in with that necklace. I don't expect the show to give me the real consequences, but I am curious now.

• Love 1

In the real world, the camera necklace is a huge problem.

In soap world, it's not. It just isn't and I would be utterly gob-smacked if anyone brought up the illegality of Franco's evil eye. Then again... that may well be their get everyone out of jail free card.

It's hard to say how Ron will play this. Real life legality has no bearing on what he writes.

• Love 4

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm interested in the reactions of Olivia and Dante to the news of who killed Connie and that Sonny knew for months and has been lying to Olivia's face.  Will Olivia actually get to be angry or will she just think about poor Sonny and the weight it must have been on him?   (Gag, I can really see that happening.  We already have Morgan and Bobbie beginning that shit with Sonny and Carly).

Think either of these idiots will take any of the blame for Sonny killing AJ ? They both protected Sonny when he shot Dante in the chest.  If they both hadn't lied, and Dante the undercover cop knew what scum he was. They both said stupid cop Dante shot himself. And he is still a cop ??? Olivia can choke  on her AJ deserved to die. Maybe Heather can finish the job she started.

• Love 3

I'd be totally fine if Ron used his Creative Law to make it okay for the police to use the recording against Sonny and Carly, while also prosecuting Franco for making the recording.  That way, they all end up in jail!

• Love 6

Morgan was so stunningly stupid today, "it was like a chain reaction of.... things." He is totally Sonny's son.

As for Sonny, MB had some epic duh faces today, pretty much every break ended with him looking like he was trying to do long division in his head, with the turn around to see Michael being the topper.

As for the campaign signs, Ron's monthday claims continuity as a victim. The wedding was supposed to be on Halloween, but even though its the very same day, everybody is talking about the election results. Lucy went from the Haunted Star to Felicia's campaign headquarters at the Floating Rib, with Flea's talk of election recounts.

That means Spencer and Joss have been begging for candy for 4 days.

• Love 4

In soap world, it's not. It just isn't and I would be utterly gob-smacked if anyone brought up the illegality of Franco's evil eye. Then again... that may well be their get everyone out of jail free card.

It's hard to say how Ron will play this. Real life legality has no bearing on what he writes.

Your not surprised that they had Dante say Is it legal? Guess Sonny will tie up Ava and she won't be able to say she witnessed Sonny killing AJ. You knew they had a way out of it.. This just makes me ill, and now I will not watch the last weeks show. I knew Sonny wouldn't pay so the barge will be my home.

• Love 1

Think either of these idiots will take any of the blame for Sonny killing AJ ? They both protected Sonny when he shot Dante in the chest.  If they both hadn't lied, and Dante the undercover cop knew what scum he was. They both said stupid cop Dante shot himself. And he is still a cop ??? Olivia can choke  on her AJ deserved to die. Maybe Heather can finish the job she started.

Why in the world would either Olivia or Dante take the blame for shooting AJ? How could they even do that?? Dante still thinks AJ shot Connie, so he's not excusing why Sonny shot AJ because of that, so it stands to reason he's hardly gonna be more sympathetic when they find out AJ *didn't* kill Connie.

I guess the illegality comes into the "expectation of privacy" laws. If he'd recorded the confession in a public place like Kelly's, it might be admissable. But in private? Don't think so. I also don't think the rumor about Sonny marrying Carly is going to matter, because there would be no spousal priviledge unless they were married at the time. So basically Sonny can probably walk, even though he confessed? Somehow...I'm not shocked.

• Love 1

Am I wrong for thinking Ron is FINALLY coming to his senses about Franco and that Franco is finally about to be exterminated? Carly and Sonny are going to be gunning for him, Jason too if he goes back to his hitman ways. No one in town besides Nina wants anything to do with him. Am I giving Ron too much credit for assuming he can't possibly be stupid enough to think Nina and Nina alone can keep Franco relevant? I'm really hoping we can start counting down the days until Franco is murdered.

• Love 1

Why in the world would either Olivia or Dante take the blame for shooting AJ? How could they even do that?? Dante still thinks AJ shot Connie, so he's not excusing why Sonny shot AJ because of that, so it stands to reason he's hardly gonna be more sympathetic when they find out AJ *didn't* kill Connie.

I am talking about when the shit hits the fan. If sonny had been in jail for the attempted murder of a undercover cop, he wouldn't have been free to shoot AJ. They both lied. They both said Dante shot himself. The actual blame no, but some guilt for lieing for Sonny. He was walking free because of them.

• Love 2

Am I wrong for thinking Ron is FINALLY coming to his senses about Franco and that Franco is finally about to be exterminated? Carly and Sonny are going to be gunning for him, Jason too if he goes back to his hitman ways. No one in town besides Nina wants anything to do with him. Am I giving Ron too much credit for assuming he can't possibly be stupid enough to think Nina and Nina alone can keep Franco relevant? I'm really hoping we can start counting down the days until Franco is murdered.

I would say... keep hoping.

Franco is still taping... with Nina.

But there's got to be an end to this madness at some point.

Or so I keep hoping... and I'm not even watching this dreck.

• Love 3

When will Sonny realize that the "you take something from me, I take something from you" also applies to him.  I even hope that Michael

I'm afraid we all know this isn't going to happen, but in a perfect world, this is my dream.  I would prefer that Michael not go to prison, however, so it would be better if Shawn killed Sonny while trying to shoot Michael.  That would really be killing two birds with one stone.

• Love 4

Blackie, the last scene before previews was Sonny turning around to see where the shot came from and there was ragey Michael. Utter perfection. I cannot wait until tomorrow- I have waited years for Sonny to pay for his shit.

It's been so long since I actually looked forward to seeing GH, I didn't even remember what it feels like!

I'm afraid we all know this isn't going to happen, but in a perfect world, this is my dream.  I would prefer that Michael not go to prison, however, so it would be better if Shawn killed Sonny while trying to shoot Michael.  That would really be killing two birds with one stone.

My dream ending to the scene would be if Sony and Michael get in a fight over the gun or whatever, and Michael ends up knocking Sonny into a closet, locking the door, and leaving him there so he could help with Ava's escape.

• Love 7

I loved Felicia's dress. Great color, great style.

The look on Sonny's face when Ava opened the door! "Oh, Ava! You've got some 'splaining' to do!" I can't stop laughing. I also laughed through his scenes with Ava desperately trying to convince him that she'd given birth. He's SUCH an idiot. Just galactically stupid. And it would be a lot more convincing if Sonny weren't constantly shaking his gun like he has palsy.

I think Scott was so smug because he thinks he has a slam-dunk case. He's been wanting to put Sonny away for years. But seeing as it's Scott, success is not a given. I'm sure he'll convict people like Duke. Which, big whoop. It's not as if we see much of him the way it is.

I can't believe Lauren played the "We were married; tell me" card to Morgan. They both went into that marriage knowing it was a farce.

"Sonny's not going to ride to the rescue, Shawn. I texted him from your phone, and I let him know: 'Franco's a goner.' Isn't that clever? And then your provider called. Apparently you're almost out of data." Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 13

I wanted to barf when Lucy and Flea told Mac, very attractive Mac, good father, great husband, sexy Mac- that he should box to gag get a body like Sonny's. No. To get a Sonny body, you hit the spray tan, hard. You hit the booze, hard. Then you hit the hair gel, hard. The rest is just the slime of not having any human decency.

Morgan, you sure Sonny didn't shoot you in the head? Like BC goes from being a good actor to being a shit actor in 2.5 around Mo. The uhh ahhh stumble word pauses. Barf.

• Love 8

Anybody else disgusted by LUcy and felicia drooling over sonny and his dimples today.

Sonny is to me the least droolable character on this show. I even would take either Fluke or Scotty over him and they aren't that attractive.

• Love 5

There are plenty of cases where Ron will ignore a certain extenuating circumstance - a legality, a plot issue, whatever - then bring it up weeks or months later in a very vehement way that often neutralizes it, basically saying 'fuck you' to the audience (see also: the very pointed, awkward conversations about Robin and PTSD after fan complaints). Who knows what he'll do with Franco's culpability.

My favorite part of that was how long it took Sonny to turn around and look.  Someone behind him fired a gun and he's going to take his time turning his head slowly to see who's there?  It was like he was trying to figure out what that sound was.  Or he's forgotten how guns work, and he thinks that his went off on its own and threw its voice so it sounded like it came from the doorway instead of his hand.  

• Love 2

Oh, and best line of the day goes to Ava for her ridicule of Shawn not being able to get her back from the penthouse.

That was amazing. MW was killing it today, as per usual. I also loved that Ava wanted to call the cops for the baby. She is a ruthless killer, but she's still a far better (and smarter) person than Sonny.

I actually thought that not only KA decent today, but Kiki acted like a real human being and KA had appropriate facial expressions.

I agree. Kiki was really the only person (besides Ava) making sense today and KA did a good job.

I'm sure you are wrong, but I felt the same way. I mean they really seem to be letting us know they realize Franco is a crazy sociopathic killer. But then the lead of the show is Sonny, so it probably means nothing.

Man, I am ridiculously excited to see Michael eviscerate Sonny tomorrow.

• Love 8
But then the lead of the show is Sonny, so it probably means nothing.

There has been worse, more out there characters that have ended up becoming longstanding characters. And so far, post tumor, he really hasn't actually done anything really criminal (minus "killing" Heather). I doubt he will end up killing anyone

( and based on spoilers and taping info, he will most likely be interrupted by news on Nina and go directly to her tomorrow)

And I don't think RC's hard on for RH has diminished at all. So who knows. If RH leaves, it won't be at the request of RC/FV, that's fo sho.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 2

The wedding was supposed to be on Halloween, but even though its the very same day, everybody is talking about the election results. Lucy went from the Haunted Star to Felicia's campaign headquarters at the Floating Rib, with Flea's talk of election recounts.

This mismatch of time is so typical of the sloppy ineptness and pacing of the writers. Unless Flea's campaign was some kind of strange special election...but no, it was a national election day in the USA today. And speaking of Flea's political race, why didn't we hear of Maxie's involvement and help for her mother? I'm guessing that we didn't hear more about Flea's political ambitions and connected stories because that would put a woman in a strong positive light as a potential leader and problem solver. The writers of this show apparently want to avoid that picture, choosing instead to focus on a deranged woman forcing the labor of another and stealing her baby.

Wimmens is cray-cray in PC. 

• Love 3

I hope Sonny tries the "Ava is a witch and she tricked me into killing AJ" defense on Michael so Michael can tell him to STFU with that BS. And then he can shoot Sonny in th penis and take Ava to the police station and then the hospital.

• Love 8

For some reason, I found it absolutely hilarious today when Heather was like, "don't leave me to die with these people" (morons).

I have to give props, as others have mentioned, to Ron for the lovely story symmetry of Ava/Sonny/Michael compared to Ava/AJ/Sonny.  I just pray Ron has some semblance of wanting better for Michael.  Let it go the other way, let Michael decide to kill Sonny through dismissing him as a turd and, of course, taking all his shit, a la Grinch.

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 3

Anna did tell Dante that the tape wouldn't be admissible in court but is enough to get a warrant. Dante specifically asked about its legality since neither party was aware or consented.

In other news, does Mo wear an earbud or something where he can be fed his lines? It seems that every time he forgets a line, he looks away and appears to listen, like he did today with Ava. Then when he remembers or is fed the line, he turns back to his screen partner. Really weird. And I about lost it when both Felicia and Lucy admired Sonny's physique and ability to instill such loyalty in his women. "It's the dimples!" Really? Seriously? Blech!

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 3

I just don't understand Sonny's thinking process. If he killed Ava and had some of his better goons clean up the blood and take her to an undisclosed location wouldn't Kiki and/or Silas report her missing to the PCPD? How would Sonny have handled that? Would he plan on having them taken out, too.  Sonny can not follow through anything. Sonny ruins everything.

• Love 4

Sonny really comes off as stupid.  He never learns, he did the same thing with AJ to more tragic ends.  I have no use for Ava, except for MW's good acting, but Sonny just can't listen to reason or what anyone has to say.  I mean Morgan, the braintrust, knew Ava couldn't have shot Max in her condition.  I just want to shake the moron like a Magic 8 ball.  Signs point to yes.

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 6