Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Re Michael's second killing/cover-up, this is yet another example of Ron never learning from his many mistakes. Knowing Ron, I wouldn't be surprised if Michael wound up in prison again and got re-raped, just like Marty was when she was held captive by Frodd on OLTL. As for Morgan's saying that telling Michael the truth about AJ's murder would destroy his relationship with Sonny/Carly, I say, "It's! About! Fucking! Time!" 

I think Morgan is also protecting himself.  Once this truth comes out, it destroys his whole family, and Morgan only really has Michael, Sonny, and Carly.  (God knows RC has forgotten about Morgan's close relationship to Dante.)  Morgan, I think, is afraid of losing his parents to jail and then Michael to disowning the lot of them.

Nina's money may have something to do with it. Nina's being batshit crazy is also a huge factor.  Rosalie may feel sorry for Nina, but pitying someone is one thing, enabling a dangerous lunatic is another. Michael's risking his life to save himself and Rosalie from Fluke's hit man may give Rosalie a few pangs of conscience, but Nina's not gonna stand for that if it interferes with her revenge against Kiki. Nina's so sick in the head that I wouldn't put it past her to put a hit out on Michael herself. 

Nah, Nina isn't really a badass.  I mean her "plots" are pretty amateur in the grand scheme of things.  Her basic objective is break up couples:  Sam and Silas, Michael and Kiki.  That's it.  She hasn't plotted to murder anyone or really break the law in a big way.  I don't even really consider her batshit crazy.  She has moments of lucidity like yesterday in trying to talk Franco down from his obsession with Carly.  I think both Nina and Rosalie are not too far gone that they can't be pulled back and made into redeemable characters.

I am with ulkis - I think either Kiki or Franco will be the hill Ron and Frank choose to die on. Maybe Franco because Roger is such a big name in their eyes, but Franco is a complete disaster which is taking the entire show down. Kiki, I can see them rationalizing, though very annoying is far more minor an issue and not nearly as centralized a problem. You could make her a gossipy candy striper, a bartender, a hostess at the Haunted Star and even cut her to (gasp!) one or two days a week and they could triage that.

I agree.  I think RC/FV will allow RH and KA to determine their own futures on GH rather than the fans.  I can see RH choosing to leave at some point because I'm sure it has not escaped his attention how horrible his character is and what huge mess RC made of his "new" character.  As for KA, she will never get another job if she is let go from GH.  So my guess is that RC/FV won't want to make her unemployed.  So we're stuck with her forever unless the higher ups finally say 'enough is enough.'  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2

Gary Tomlin and DAYS could always hire Kristen.

I wish I was kidding. They'd do it. They've hired worse (including well before Tomlin).

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

As much as I wish was otherwise, Frank and Ron will never get rid of KA.  After winning Outstanding Younger Root Vegetable two years running, she was also the recipient of the Lil' Spud Award from the People's Choice.

Unless Mrs. PotatoHead ends up mashed, she'll be smearing up our screens until the lights go out.

• Love 10

Ron's doing some shoring up work today.

Kiki being smart for once and setting up for the post shooting drama, and I suspect Rosalie/Michael (too bad the actress isn't a very good actress)

Jordan reporting in on the crime update without being silly, and Nathan 100% in the loop

Robin lying to Mom on top of lying to Patrick about wanting the marriage to end (we know it is forced, but now Patrick's peen's day out and Anna's failure to follow up are covered)

Silas and Sam's last gasp.

Liz getting foundation for the Jason on the run story storyline

Sonny being at Julian's post sex for some threats (and yuck, like finding your creepy uncle sitting in the living room after you finish with your first real boyfriend)

It's like watching Ron click Lego blocks together to try to fix the story wall.

Side note: Maxie, STFU.  Really, STFU. If she was a bottle of wine and three mangotinis into a girls night out it would be one thing, but she is just stupid and annoying.

Edited by Happyshooter
  • Love 2
Sonny is the head of the mob.  Michael called him because Sonny gives the orders and cleans up the messes, hence why Michael called it "a situation."  I don't have a problem with him calling Sonny, especially since its his father's business that put Michael on the hit list in the first place.  Sonny SHOULD clean it up

I'm aware of why Michael called in Sonny, but he did not have to which was my point, at least not to drag a dead body from his place and pretend as if nothing had happened. He had other options he could have gone with, better options that he, as an adult, should have been able to make because adults are supposed to learn from their past mistakes and not repeat them thoughtlessly.

It's basically "pick your poison."  Michael's odds of surviving with either group is iffy.  At least he went with the devil he knows (or thinks he knows)

Michael didn't get a hit put on him because of the PCPD so I'd say his odds with Sonny are lower just from the fact that he's being targeted for being his son, especially considering who Sonny has working for him to provide him "protection". Again, Michael's choice was obviously made because of how he was brought up and who he believes he can trust most in this world, but to me that just screams adolescent and not a grown up. After all he's the sort of guy who pouts when he falls in love with his brother's girlfriend/fiance/wife but for some reason his brother won't just give her to him.

He could have let the police handle the dead body, he has a brother on the force also to lean on, and then alerted Sonny and got help from him in the way of body guards, trying to figure out who the guy worked for, etc. One would think his former prison time would have had a little more influence on his decision making when it comes to such matters.

LOL, well that explains it.  You hate the character, and that's fine

I first said that I don't care for Chad's acting for a reason. To me he's just okay at best, he isn't as bad as some on canvas certainly but honestly if they were to recast Michael tomorrow I probably wouldn't remember what he looked like at the end of the week. I loathe most of the characters on this show frankly but that doesn't mean I can't look past that at times when the actor is good enough and interesting enough to overcome whatever flaws the character has. Chad playing Michael is an instance where a weak actor is playing a terrible character, there's no upside to it.

Also it seems they're going to try and give Rosie another godawful reason to stick around PC, being attached to Michael, which to me is just a dreadful decision. She is the Latina Kiki, she has no redeeming qualities and it was bad enough watching the actress poorly act her way around set with Michelle, but now they're trying to keep her around by making her a potential mate for another Corinthos? How fantastic, because it isn't as if there aren't enough unnecessary newbies on this show already while many classic, veteran characters get passed over on a regular basis.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Side note: Maxie, STFU.  Really, STFU. If she was a bottle of wine and three mangotinis into a girls night out it would be one thing, but she is just stupid and annoying.

I've tried to like Maxie but it never takes.  She's so one-note - never changes, never grows, always the same old schtick.  Nathan should have cut his losses and left at the clinic.

Also it seems they're going to try and give Rosie another godawful reason to stick around PC, being attached to Michael, which to me is just a dreadful decision. She is the Latina Kiki, she has no redeeming qualities and it was bad enough watching the actress poorly act her way around set with Michelle, but now they're trying to keep her around by making her a potential mate for another Corinthos? How fantastic, because it isn't as if there aren't enough unnecessary newbies on this show already while many classic, veteran characters get passed over on a regular basis.

Sing it!  Rosalie only looks good on occasion because most of her scenes have been with The Nina.  A rock, even a potatohead would look good in comparison.

• Love 2

Sonny judging Alexis' choice of bed mates (because he's shared the sheets with some real winners himself, including two women in the mob) and Julian for targeting a family member (wasn't he just trying to off Julian's sister?) was the height of hypocrisy.

Those Maxie/Morgan scenes were extremely random. 

• Love 3

Missed yesterdays episode. Not at all surprised Alexis ended up in bed with Julian. I hate her when she is around him or any mob guy really. She always comes off as a hypocrite.

As a straight female I have to say Jordan's butt looked really good in that skirt today. 

Morgan and Maxie were really amusing to watch. Though don't really know why she is going to him about romantic advice. 

I love how Liz manages to get her hair all done up in order to go into work on a  off day to check up on a patient. Gosh. I'm already over the stupid Jason story.

Danny is almost as tall as Sam. Lol. I'm short like KeMo so I feel her pain. 

The less said about Kiki the better.

• Love 2

Maxie talking to Morgan seems so random. Did they even meet before?

Well, they've always known each other obviously but this version of Morgan had scenes with her when she and Levi were protesting the renovations. I'm all for random character interaction, but seriously, that was so contrived. There could have been a million better ways to do that - they could have had Maxie just looking for a place for either her or Nathan to move into. Morgan asking who Nathan was was hilarious though.

The less said about Kiki the better.

I have something funnily enough. I thought her hair looked really nice.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Hold up....Robin is allowed to make calls? Stop, Ron. Just stop.

It gets more ridiculous by the minute.  Because, of course, Helena hands her a phone once every other day or so to make calls to her police chief mother.  Why wouldn't she?  

I'd have never thought it was possible, but Ron sucks at writing a character offscreen even more than Guza did.  

• Love 7

It gets more ridiculous by the minute. Because, of course, Helena hands her a phone once every other day or so to make calls to her police chief mother. Why wouldn't she?

I'd have never thought it was possible, but Ron sucks at writing a character offscreen even more than Guza did.

It's so freaking obvious that Ron is doing this so Dr. Douche and Anna can run around town without giving Robin another thought.

I don't know what's more ridiculous....THAT or the neurosurgeon extraordinaire not recognizing Jason's brain scans.

• Love 5

I'm no neurosurgeon . . . whew boy am I not . . . but wouldn't Jason's brain scans look kinda familiar to Patrick? This is a genuine question. 

Nathan cranky that Obrecht is still in a holding cell. Seriously, Cue Card? And I thought he was referring to Donna Mills at first. Poor forgotten Donna Mills. 

• Love 3

Julian has no competent body guards, none? None he can trust? None he can hire who will actually keep Sonny away from him? Ffs it's beyond ridiculous at this point.

I did enjoy how Julian just stood there and dared Sonny to go ahead and kill him and basically stop wasting his time running his mouth instead. If there is one thing I'm glad they've kept consistent with Julian is his fabulous inability to give a good damn about Sonny or his pathetic threats.

If I want anyone to expose Sonny for killing AJ why can't it be Julian? After all the bull shit Sonny gives him about honor and loyalty and whatever else, and considering he's the one who exposed his true identity the way he did it'd be justice come full circle.

I would love to see Julian smugly holding up the audio recorder and playing that sequence where AJ begs Sonny not to shoot him, to just listen, and then everyone hears the gun shot that came from Sonny's gun which ended an innocent man's life. Letting everyone hear just how much of a disgusting coward Sonny truly is. That would probably be the most satisfying scene Julian could be in, hands down, watching that greaseball stammer at a loss while his world caves in on itself.

Okay, if Jason's face is supposed to need reconstruction why wouldn't they reconstruct it to look like his old face? Or is that not even supposed to matter and Ron doesn't care that he keeps showing Steve's face even though the new guy looks absolutely nothing like him? Why couldn't he have just remained dead? Was that too much to ask?

Was there any point to the Morgan and Maxie scenes? I really blanked out because of her annoying, constant jabbering and his usual "dur" face on display.

And now I am going to have to wonder just how new of an undercover agent Jordan is, because it isn't a secret she's TJ's mom and she just interfered with "the boss"s plan to kill Michael, a man who's made it clear that the kids of his employees, and not just his enemies, are fair game when they displease him. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5

I hate Sonny (and Shawn) so much it makes me stabby.  It makes no sense that someone, anyone, hasn't kicked that greasy little bastard in the balls and shot him in his giant orange face.  Gah!!!

And why is Jordan protecting Shawn?  He is so not worth it.

Morgan's annoyance with Maxie matched my own.  I wonder if KS is happy playing an idiot.

As much as I wish was otherwise, Frank and Ron will never get rid of KA.  After winning Outstanding Younger Root Vegetable two years running, she was also the recipient of the Lil' Spud Award from the People's Choice.

This is so damn funny.  Thank you for the giggles!

• Love 4

I'm no neurosurgeon . . . whew boy am I not . . . but wouldn't Jason's brain scans look kinda familiar to Patrick? This is a genuine question.

I'm also not a neurosurgeon, but I would think they would be given the number of times he worked on Jason.

• Love 3

I'm on the 3:00 watch schedule so I haven't read any posts yet but I just have to say this before I explode:

Dear Sonny,

Please DIAF asap.

That is all. For now.

ETA: STOP INTERRUPTING FOR NON-NEWS!!!!

Edited by tveyeonyou
  • Love 1

Dude, today was good for me as it proved two things. Sonny is a creeper and he is dumb. But I'd like to ask why Julian has not hired better nor new guards nor um locks on his doors. Or are we assuming that Sonny has locks to every door in PC? Okay.

I laughed at Sonny firing Alexis on the heels of the reveal of his murdering AJ Quartermaine in cold blood for numerous reasons. Everything Sonny has done in Port Charles ever, maybe ever in life, will bite him in the ass. Why, you ask? I'll tell you.

The DA is the father of Karen Wexler, the young girl he got hooked on drugs and got into stripping oh and said she liked being molested.

He fired his lawyer. The best lawyer in town. Mother to his daughter, that he had blown up accidentally, that can testify that he's said many times how he'd like to kill AJ. That he has killed. Hell, she can tell all his secrets.

Oh and he murdered his golden child's bio dad and the brother of his not so dead former number one guy. I'm sure Jason will take Team Monica over Sonny now, especially when he learns the how, the why, oh and the recording. And Carly's Franco banging. If he remembers being Jason Morgan. And Micheal? You created that monster, Sonny. Good luck.

Now he wants to take on Jordan? Please. You aren't man enough, Corinthos.

ETA. Can we get Julian a boom box playing recording?

Edited by Grrpants09
  • Love 3

At this juncture, I cannot believe I'm even defending Patrick, but really, a brain is a brain is a brain. Unless the brain blinks with a blank expression and wears a black T-shirt, how the hell would he know whose brain it is without the patient's name on the scans?

• Love 6

Nathan cranky that Obrecht is still in a holding cell. Seriously, Cue Card? And I thought he was referring to Donna Mills at first. Poor forgotten Donna Mills. 

It actually seemed like he was asking more for Britt than himself, which hit me right in the WestSibs sweet spot.

And Donna Mills can remain forgotten, as far as I'm concerned.  I think she was envisioned to be a Helena/Dr. O hybrid.  And now that Hells is back from the dead (and had better share scenes with Liesel in the near future, pull the trigger, Ron!), there is absolutely no need for her.

At this juncture, I cannot believe I'm even defending Patrick, but really, a brain is a brain is a brain. Unless the brain blinks with a blank expression and wears a black T-shirt, how the hell would he know whose brain it is without the patient's name on the scans?

But didn't Patrick do revolutionary, one-of-a-kind work on Jason's brain?  Wouldn't he recognize his own technique?

• Love 5

But...but...this is St. Jasus. His brain is filled with dashboard pieces and bullet fragments.

• Love 3

Actually if Jason has had previous brain surgery he'd have scar tissue where the surgery was, but I don't even know why this up for debate since it IS Patrick. The man is in hot pursuit of a pair of chestpillows and a vajayjay, so anything else is really not relevant to him. Douchecannon befor doctor come on guys. duh

• Love 1
But didn't Patrick do revolutionary, one-of-a-kind work on Jason's brain?  Wouldn't he recognize his own technique?

Old regime, old story. If Ron doesn't care to look it up, Patrick won't remember, either. Because RC's "love of GH history" is a joke.

• Love 1

Actually if Jason has had previous brain surgery he'd have scar tissue where the surgery was, but I don't even know why this up for debate since it IS Patrick. The man is in hot pursuit of a pair of chestpillows and a vajayjay, so anything else is really not relevant to him. Douchecannon befor doctor come on guys. duh

LMAO x 5864677. Chest pillows.

Old regime, old story. If Ron doesn't care to look it up, Patrick won't remember, either. Because RC's "love of GH history" is a joke.

Well, that's true. Patty doesn't even remember what happened yesterday. Or where Emma is.

Edited by HeatLifer

Morgan's annoyance with Maxie matched my own.  I wonder if KS is happy playing an idiot.

I think playing an idiot is a requirement on this show.

• Love 3
Who can forget him walking in, smelling cancer on Danny and walking out?

Bwah! If only that's how my cancer had been diagnosed. My doctor was an amateur!

Scarily enough, the only avenue I could possible see for Silas is Sabrina

There's Olivia. WK is recurring, right? So it would be easy enough to write Ned off for a while to see if Silas and Olivia can spark.

If there is one thing I'm glad they've kept consistent with Julian is his fabulous inability to give a good damn about Sonny or his pathetic threats.

Same here. Ava, look to your brother and learn. It's not as if Shawn will hit the target when he's aiming at you. She should know that!

Hell, she can tell all his secrets.

If "she" is Alexis, she can't tell all of Sonny's secrets. Attorney-client privilege is basically forever.

• Love 1

I'd comment on how nonchalant Anna was talking to her daughter, the daughter she should be on a jet heading to see/visit/interrogate until she got the truth out of her but...it can't be this healthy to rage so hard.

I'm surprised Patrick didn't crave his initials into Jason's brain so all who scanned it would know the "amazing" brain surgeon responsible for all the patch work keeping him alive.

I think playing an idiot is a requirement on this show.

At this point I think it has to be listed on one's resume to even be considered, otherwise Ron would be dealing with unhappy actors demanding to know what the hell he is doing/why their character changes their personality from week to week/is this show supposed to be following real time, soap time, space time or has everyone just gone down the Rabbit Hole/how come everyone in the mob truly sucks at their job but are still alive somehow, and so forth and so on.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

I'd comment on how nonchalant Anna was talking to her daughter, the daughter she should be on a jet heading to see/visit/interrogate until she got the truth out of her but...it can't be this healthy to rage so hard.

Ugh. This also gives me rage blackouts.

I wonder how far Sonny "I don't hurt women" Corinthos is willing to go to get information out of Jordan.

Well it's Sonny so either threaten her with his penis or threaten to withhold his penis from her, and when that doesn't work he'll just get Shawn to have sex with her and then steal her phone or something.

• Love 5

It gets more ridiculous by the minute.  Because, of course, Helena hands her a phone once every other day or so to make calls to her police chief mother.  Why wouldn't she?

Could Robin maybe lend the phone to Lucky?

• Love 1

I am not a neurosurgeon but I am a physician.  I actually thought that he had done one of a kind surgery as well. I thought he might have some flicker of recognition because  of the clips or scarring  that he may have left behind during the previous surgery. It's not a guarantee but I thought there might be a quick flicker.

Very funny! And true!

And if you have the option to be Billy Miller or Steve Burton, always be Billy.

Ugh, not for me.  Billy looks like a kid, and I can't imagine him as Jason Morgan.  I'll take SBu anyday.

So Michael told Kiki the whole truth, and she still lied to his face?  She doesn't get to be all jealous about Rosalie when she runs over to Morgan's every chance she gets to confide in him about whatever secret she learned.  Morgan needs to get a clue.  

I love Maxie, and yes, it's weird that she had that conversation with Morgan, but we all know it's just an excuse to create angst for Morgan and Ava while he hides her in his place.  I am looking forward to more Nathan and Maxie.

I loved that Nathan explained to Anna that it was Britt threatening media attention that got him to inquire about Dr. O.

Which...and I'm a fan of both Britt and Dr. O...would have been interesting to see...

Britt: Hey reporter, listen up, the police commissioner is holding my mother - not exactly a stranger to the PCPD holding cells - without charging her, even though she knew the hideout of an evil person who was unfreezing other evil people.  Isn't that scandalous?!?!

Reporter: .....

There's Olivia. WK is recurring, right? So it would be easy enough to write Ned off for a while to see if Silas and Olivia can spark.

Poor LLC would drop from exhaustion. She already overdoes it in her scenes, and then she would try to do even more to make up for ME just standing there.

• Love 4

I can't even imagine the vitriol that would have spewed if Patrick had said "Wait, I know this brain! This is Jason! " Everyone else "Jason is dead, dumbass." Patrick "....crickets......."  

I really enjoyed today's episode, especially Maxie/Morgan, except for that ridiculous ending with Danny magically drawn to the mysterious patient as Sam just stands there.  

I can't believe BM got paid to lay in a hospital bed with bandages covering most of his face.  I thought Uncle Frank was a budget buster?  

Kiki's righteous indignation was laughable, even moreso than her thinking that dried blood was wine.  Blood and wine leave totally different stains you dumbass!

ETA:

@jennifer6973

What did Ron tweet that makes you think he is reading the board?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

2 quick things:

When was Nathan brought over the wall about Jordan? I think it was when they faked Ric's death, am I right? 

Also, was that Billy Miller in the bed? I am not so familiar with his face, I couldn't tell.   And I thought it would have been really soapy if Danny grabbed his hand and said Daddy !

Edited by SiouxB

except for that ridiculous ending with Danny magically drawn to the mysterious patient as Sam just stands there.

Bwah, for real. The writing is so freaking obvious, it's distracting. Pip is all, "His loved ones could stare at him in the face and not recognize him!" We get it, Ron!

I can't stop laughing at Sam's scenes with her 3 men. That's a show in itself. "3 Men & a Lady!"

• Love 1

I am not a neurosurgeon but I am a physician.  I actually thought that he had done one of a kind surgery as well. I thought he might have some flicker of recognition because  of the clips or scarring  that he may have left behind during the previous surgery. It's not a guarantee but I thought there might be a quick flicker.

At this point, I half expect him to recognize it but keep his mouth shut.  Patrick needs to get laid after all, and bringing up that the John Doe in the hospital might be Jason would really stretch that "days until I get laid" timetable WAY out.  I'm sure he'd say he was keeping quiet to not upset Sam, because he's positive Jason is dead.  I mean, Robin told him while under clear duress and everything!  

• Love 4

You know you just did the equivalent of saying Beetlejuice 3 times.  We'll see Nathan's grandmother, errr, aunt, soon enough. I just hope whoever has to utter whatever lame Knot's Landing reference butchers it, like whoever plays ... oh, I seriously just blanked on his name because he's on the show even less than What's a Lucas? ... did. Oh yeah, Brad!

I think one of my top 10 Ron Carlivati moments will be writing a character so in love with Knot's Landing, and assuming the audience loves -- or even knows it -- too, and then having that character unable to pronounce lead character's name correctly. And no one else was around who could set him straight! I sure couldn't have and didn't know of the error until I read the twitter timeline (and I got over 150 on this 80s tv quiz:  http://www.sporcle.com/games/rockgolf/frozen-tv-dinner). Yep, that so well encapsulates Ron. Esoteric references are him.

As much as I wish was otherwise, Frank and Ron will never get rid of KA.  After winning Outstanding Younger Root Vegetable two years running, she was also the recipient of the Lil' Spud Award from the People's Choice.

OMG! If I had been drinking something, it'd be all over my screen now.  Younger Root Vegetable, indeed.

It gets more ridiculous by the minute.  Because, of course, Helena hands her a phone once every other day or so to make calls to her police chief mother.  Why wouldn't she?  

Offscreen didn't exist for Guza, so that's hardly a comparison. He just killed everyone. I prefer badly written offscreen.

Offscreen didn't exist for Guza, so that's hardly a comparison. He just killed everyone. I prefer badly written offscreen.

I was mainly thinking of the shittastic way he wrote all of Tony Geary's vacations and making Laura a wig on a stick. 

I'll give Patrick a pass on not recognizing his work, since he believes he did it on someone who is now dead. But I do begrudge the writers insulting the intelligence of the audience (and Patrick) by not having him say something like, "The only other brain I've seen with this much damage was Jason's." Then he could even be a nice guy while talking with Liz and remind her that Jason survived the brain injury and the surgeries, so this person probably will, too. 

Not everything has to be a full-on jump from point A to point B. Audiences, IMO, are happy with small steps in the correct direction. It's just too bad that TIIC can't understand slow but steady movement forward … in any story. 

• Love 5