Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

The actress who plays Sasha is very pretty.  If only I cared.

She looks so much like the Westbournes, particularly Britt. And has that same tall, slightly stocky build. Perfect casting there.

• Love 5

Okay, I usually don't rant on this for meta reasons but Lucky Spencer would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

ever ever

ever

ever

let this fucking serial killing clown raise his children for him or even let him within 10 feet of Elizabeth. Even if Liz was like "damn you Lucky I make my own choices" he'd be like nah sorry Elizabeth I saw him coming toward you and I had to throw him over that convenient cliff.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11

It drives me absolutely bonkers that the show stresses that Franco isn't Aiden's father yet can't say the name Lucky, and thinks that referencing Charlotte as Aiden's cousin is enough to establish the Spencer connection when it's really, really not. There's never been a proper explanation for Lucky's absence (because there isn't one), Lulu doesn't know an Aiden, not even busybody Spencer seems in contact with the kid, and Laura's got time to drop by Morgan's memorial but fuck if we ever see her with her grandson. It is beyond bullshit that Aiden is a legacy character and yet his entire existence is supported by just Liz and her uncouth murderous fiancé.

Franco seriously couldn't wait until the teacher shut the door behind him to express his disgust, even though she was perfectly nice. It's these kind of details that remind me that Franco will never be anything other than repulsive, because even peeling back the serial killer veneer still leaves behind a rude asshole.

• Love 7

I am so over this Oscar angst story, especially on the anniversary of Gord Downey's death from a glioblastoma.  It's so drawn out with nothing happening that I've lost interest.  They need to figure out what they're going for, a medical story or teenage love, because playing the two at the same time is not working.

Kim and Drew need to stop begging Oscar to be in the trial and send him to an oncology counsellor or Kevin if he ever gets back.  Let someone else confront Oscar on his pity party.

Carly is so smug, she could probably power a dirigible all by herself. Sure, Carls, go over to where Oscar is talking to Alexis and have it out with him.

Setting aside the Franco of it, I like the story of Aiden's problems in school because unlike most of the other stories currently on the show, like the body in Scrotom, Oscarr's brain tumor or Serial Killer Ryan, it's a story most of the audience can relate to, a not back to the origins of soap opera on the radio when the stories were about  "is my husband cheating?" and "Is it really okay if I work outside the home and don't be entirely about my family?".  A lot of parents have to deal with not knowing how to help their kids when they're in trouble or get called in for teacher/parent conferences and it's nice to see something realistic on the show for a change.

We got a respite from Sonny, Jason and Kiki/Griffin today.  That upped the episode a lot.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Linny said:

It drives me absolutely bonkers that the show stresses that Franco isn't Aiden's father yet can't say the name Lucky, and thinks that referencing Charlotte as Aiden's cousin is enough to establish the Spencer connection when it's really, really not. There's never been a proper explanation for Lucky's absence (because there isn't one), Lulu doesn't know an Aiden, not even busybody Spencer seems in contact with the kid, and Laura's got time to drop by Morgan's memorial but fuck if we ever see her with her grandson. It is beyond bullshit that Aiden is a legacy character and yet his entire existence is supported by just Liz and her uncouth murderous fiancé.

Franco seriously couldn't wait until the teacher shut the door behind him to express his disgust, even though she was perfectly nice. It's these kind of details that remind me that Franco will never be anything other than repulsive, because even peeling back the serial killer veneer still leaves behind a rude asshole.

Has anyone - Liz, Franco, Aiden's teacher - stopped to consider that Aiden's problems and wanting to be alone might possibly stem from the fact that students very well could be shunning him or staying away from him because their parents aren't happy about their children being in class or being friends with the kid that has a serial killer living in his house? I know, I know, Franco is supposed to be redeemed because of the tumor (and Port Charles also lays claim to Valentin, Sonny and Jason if you are talking about murderers) but why don't they even consider the option that parents may be wary? 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Has anyone - Liz, Franco, Aiden's teacher - stopped to consider that Aiden's problems and wanting to be alone might possibly stem from the fact that students very well could be shunning him or staying away from him because their parents aren't happy about their children being in class or being friends with the kid that has a serial killer living in his house? I know, I know, Franco is supposed to be redeemed because of the tumor (and Port Charles also lays claim to Valentin, Sonny and Jason if you are talking about murderers) but why don't they even consider the option that parents may be wary? 

Or, maybe Aiden just approaches kids like he assumes everyone will hate him anyway, since Jake is the only kid that counts in his house. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, LillyB said:

It bothers me that Aiden looks more like Nik than he does Lucky.

I don't really see any resemblance to Nikolas, but it wouldn't really be that strange. Genetics can be tricky. My brother, for example, looks a lot more like our uncle than our cousin, the son of said uncle, does.

• Love 1

Was anyone else sarcastically thinking, when the teacher talked about Aiden's helpfulness, "Of course he is! He's afraid he'll be back in the closet or the attic if he's not!" ?

Franco was exactly the kind of a$$ that makes parent conferences difficult. 

I'm really liking the "new" Julian. I hope he can stay a good, or at least better, guy. We need some on the show.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, LillyB said:

It bothers me that Aiden looks more like Nik than he does Lucky.

Remember when Lulu was played by a series of dark haired girls to remind us that she and Nikolas were extra related, even though the dark hair was from his Cassadine side. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Remember when Lulu was played by a series of dark haired girls to remind us that she and Nikolas were extra related, even though the dark hair was from his Cassadine side. 

Or like how Lulu ~knew Charlotte was her daughter because they both had that genetic anomaly of blonde hair.

• Love 3

Umm, Oscar ? Suing your parents for emancipation is not going to help keep your secret from Joss. But what the heck, Carly's going to butt her nose in, so the whole Corinthos clan is going to know soon anyway. Then they will support Oscar and it will be the "good" Corinthos family vs. "bad" Kim and Drew.

• Love 2

The law here is that the ages 16 - 18 is a grey area and in this case he could probably make his own medical decisions now that he's turned 16. But then there wouldn't be the drama.

Oscar refuses the treatment because he could die from it, but he's not doing anything with his life anyway, it's not like he dropped out of school to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, he's sitting in the park all day and moping.  It's so annoying that only Cameron is willing to confront him on anything.

• Love 1

On a somewhat GH-related note, it looks like the end of an era. The Soap Zone domain name goes to HostGator now. I guess the site is gone.

ETA: Spoke too soon! The site owner must have paid up, because now, after a couple days down, then the HostGator deal, the site is now back. Huh. Weird.

• Love 4

Oscar wants to sue for emancipation! Maybe he got the idea from watching Nashville!  ;)

Watching Lulu and Maxi fight over Peter makes me want to take a shower. RIP Nathan, and Dante, run like the wind! 

• Love 1

Charlotte and Aidan are in the same class?  They're the same age?  I know that technically Charlotte should be younger than Aidan (and Rocco), but she sure looks older than Aidan. 

How could Laura not know that Spencer has a "Fall Break" right now?  She left him, what, a week before the Break started?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, rur said:

Franco was exactly the kind of a$$ that makes parent conferences difficult. 

I don't get this. I know Franco is an asshole in general, but why act like one at a parent-teacher conference? Fishing for what the teacher knew about him, making passive-aggressive comments about his home life, etc. News flash, Franco: The conference wasn't about you.

4 hours ago, rur said:

I'm really liking the "new" Julian. I hope he can stay a good, or at least better, guy. We need some on the show.

I'm pretty sure it won't last. Julian is the Pol Pot/Hitler/Stalin of Port Charles.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Oscar refuses the treatment because he could die from it, but he's not doing anything with his life anyway, it's not like he dropped out of school to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, he's sitting in the park all day and moping.  It's so annoying that only Cameron is willing to confront him on anything.

I know. The wallowing was fine for a week or so, but now it's just manipulative.

37 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

Bobbie talking to Kim about B.J. and Alex is talking to Oscar about her lung cancer we're both very good sayings.  Nice touch of history there.

I agree. But Oscar saying he doesn't want the treatment because it might kill him is so dumb. He keeps saying the trial might shorten his life, but he's not doing anything with it anyway. Also, he's been told he's going to die anyway. Why not see if the trial helps, or try to at least help someone else in the same situation? Maybe think outside yourself for a nanosecond.

Oh, FFS: Tomorrow we get more of Jason trying to show Margaux her dad wasn't some "innocent victim." SHE DOESN'T CARE.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
55 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Wouldn't Charlotte be going to a private school instead of a public school with all the townies?

That's what I wondered too.  Maybe Lulu insisted on it if Rocco goes there.

Does Abercrombie even know that Charlotte is his cousin?  I even had to think on that one for a few minutes.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Does Abercrombie even know that Charlotte is his cousin?  I even had to think on that one for a few minutes.

Has Charlotte ever had a scene with her Spencer cousins? (As opposed to her cousin, Spencer. Ha!)

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, LillyB said:

Wouldn't Charlotte be going to a private school instead of a public school with all the townies?

That's what I wondered too.  Maybe Lulu insisted on it if Rocco goes there.

I thought Rocco was at some fancy private school with Charlotte—Sonny went in to intimidate the principal or whoever and made a giant donation to ensure Rocco's acceptance. 

The mystery of Charlotte's age continues...

26 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Has Charlotte ever had a scene with her Spencer cousins? (As opposed to her cousin, Spencer. Ha!)

LOL.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Rocco was at some fancy private school with Charlotte—Sonny went in to intimidate the principal or whoever and made a giant donation to ensure Rocco's acceptance. 

I thought that was Avery. Does Sonny just go around town intimidating all the local elementary schools and preschools to accept his children and or/relatives?

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I know. The wallowing was fine for a week or so, but now it's just manipulative.

Terminal patients offer suffer from depression, and depression can lead to lethargy and wallowing.  That's why there are end-of-counsellors.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I was wondering the same thing, because the last time I can recall Lulu being in a scene with Aiden, she was played by JMB and he was a baby. I *think* Charlotte was maybe in the Jake/Emma back stage scenes at the Nurse's Ball, when Jake was showing off the chimera canister in the magic set that "Spencer" sent him for his birthday. Lulu had a very brief interaction with Jake then.

7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oscar doesn't want no stinkin' counselors. He's a delight at the moment.

Of course, he doesn't want them. He's depressed because he's dying.  It's quite natural.

• Love 2

Oscar is wallowing and it's not good for him. He's not trying to cross off his bucket list, he's not trying new treatments to get better. In fact, he doesn't appear to have researched his condition at all.  He's dropped out of school and sitting in the park all day brooding about how to make Joss not love him any more.

At this point, he's using his diagnosis as a weapon to hurt his parents and that's all.  Kim and Drew don't necessarily need to force him into the trial but they do need to force him to see a counselor.

9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

As @LexieLily said, it was Avery that Sonny was manipulating to get into the special school.

It makes sense that Charlotte goes there too because it is a private school and there's the Cassadine money for her.  But how does Liz afford it for Afterthought, a single mother with three kids?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I thought that was Avery. Does Sonny just go around town intimidating all the local elementary schools and preschools to accept his children and or/relatives?

Not just the schools.  I remember... gosh I guess it was at least a decade ago... Sonny intimidating Miss Sneed because there was a patient, April, who was in GH due to complications from AIDS. She didn't have insurance and couldn't afford to pay so Miss Sneed was going to have April sent to Mercy because that is a public hospital that receives government funding for cases like April's.  Sonny found this treatment to be unacceptable and offered to pay April's medical bills.  No, I'm just kidding.  He found the idea of them moving April to be unacceptable, reminded Miss Sneed of his name on he AIDS wing, and then, when that didn't work, told Miss Sneed that April had "connections" and that if she didn't make sure April received care free of charge, those connections would be called in.  Ass.

• Love 4

I feel like the show is at the point where it's getting cancelled or the writer who was Frank's assisstant is becoming headwriter soon. This is just absolutely terrible, and I'm not saying it in the "this is a message board so I automatically declare everything terrible" way.

The show is terrible. If Oscar is not on, people are talking about him. Sam and Jason, then Julian and Alexis. 

Why is Carly everywhere? What the hell was her point yesterday? And I like Carly (in the like to hate her way) most of the time.

And I feel bad about saying this but JL's performance as Ryan is about one more step subtle than TG's as Fluke. I'm surprised he hasn't told Laura to go eat at the Outback yet.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I feel like the show is at the point where it's getting cancelled or the writer who was Frank's assisstant is becoming headwriter soon. This is just absolutely terrible, and I'm not saying it in the "this is a message board so I automatically declare everything terrible" way.

The show is terrible. If Oscar is not on, people are talking about him. Sam and Jason, then Julian and Alexis. 

Why is Carly everywhere? What the hell was her point yesterday? And I like Carly (in the like to hate her way) most of the time.

And I feel bad about saying this but JL's performance as Ryan is about one more step subtle than TG's as Fluke. I'm surprised he hasn't told Laura to go eat at the Outback yet.

The show has run its course with frank. If they’re not going to change regimes then yeah there’s really nothing left to do at this point. I have said before 2018 has been by far the worst year in the last 5. Nothing is good. Chemistry free pairings that keep getting pushed. Stories that never get told. Bts issues. cve is a poor mans Ron controlled by Frankie boy.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

At this point, he's using his diagnosis as a weapon to hurt his parents and that's all.

Exactly. It's fine he wallowed in the beginning. That is natural and totally understandable. But he doesn't get an unlimited pass just because he's 16. To continue wallowing without even attempting to get help is exactly what @statsgirl said: using his diagnosis as a weapon. 

That said, I fully expect Jason to be the one who gets Oscar out of his funk and into Living His Best Remaining Life. Because of course.

• Love 4

Where are they going with this Aiden story?  I like it better than the Friz wedding story and Liz's missing family story, but I wonder what's going on.  It takes the focus off Franco.

• Love 2

"I tell you what, [Drew] is in a position to put me away." Typical Sonny that it's never his fault. And Jason is trying to excuse Sonny's actions as a poor 18-year-old kid who couldn't say no to his boss. I think that's a new low for this show.

LOL at baby James's "Who is this clown?" face at LWB/FS. It me.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

"I tell you what, [Drew] is in a position to put me away." Typical Sonny that it's never his fault.

LOL at baby James's "Who is this clown?" face at LWB/FS. It me.

Drew has been in a position to put Sonny/Jason away for three years if they wanted to take the memories route, why is this such a big deal for Sonny now? If Drew was going to turn over on them he would have done so by now, but he won't, because as he made it clear today, he can't take down Sonny and Jason without hurting Sam, Danny, and Monica.

• Love 9

Maybe they think Margaux is the one who can persuade him? I don't know, it's all so stupid, because Drew has kept his distance from Sonny for a while. Incriminating him would drag Drew back in, and I think he probably doesn't want that as much as he doesn't want to hurt his family.

"You're not the reason her father is dead." WTF? Sonny pulled the trigger. The bullet from that gun killed Margaux's father. How much more directly responsible can Sonny not be?

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Maybe they think Margaux is the one who can persuade him? I don't know, it's all so stupid, because Drew has kept his distance from Sonny for a while. Incriminating him would drag Drew back in, and I think he probably doesn't want that as much as he doesn't want to hurt his family.

So Margaux is going to be so persuasive and convincing, according to Sonny/Jason, to convince Drew to turn them in and hurt the people he cares about, but she's going to be so weak and submissive that a smear job against her father will automatically get her to back down from holding Sonny responsible for her dad's murder? 

• Love 6
Just now, LillyB said:

It will be just a little bit of time before Sonny asks Jason to take out his twin because reasons.

And Jason will make lip service to being conflicted but will do it happily, Sam and Scout and even Danny/Jake be damned.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:
4 minutes ago, LillyB said:

It will be just a little bit of time before Sonny asks Jason to take out his twin because reasons.

And Jason will make lip service to being conflicted but will do it happily, Sam and Scout and even Danny/Jake be damned.

Who cares if Monica loses another child?

• Love 1