Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Linny said:

Ryan Carnes slayed me with the emotions he showed when listening to Brad's voicemail, though, and that kind of on-point acting is keeping me hooked despite my misgivings with the story. I'm sure it will be equally as heartbreaking when Lucas learns the truth.

I'm starting to think that the folks that have actual talent don't get to be onscreen much, since that would make the lack of talent of some of the regulars much more obvious. 

• Love 7

As far as a last fuck you to Michael and the Corinthos clan from Nelle, giving the baby away and making them believe her own died is not a bad one. No one deserves the middle finger like those douchenozzles. 

Of course, it will eventually blow up in Brad's face and Lucas's who was so happy. 

Also, Jason still wants to run away to Canada with she-beast. She talks about how her family needs her, but not a peep about Jason's sons needing him. But you know, Sonny and Michael will also need Jason, so that's the deal breaker. 

Why do I even watch this? I quit this bitch for 2 years. I don't know why I'm back to watching it again.

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, Hater said:

Ryan Carnes does not want a contract.  He has said that in the past.  

That might be true, but it's hard to imagine the show being that interested in giving him one regardless.

And if they were, if they wanted to use Lucas as a contract player and Ryan Carnes wasn't interested, I honestly would have recast.  Don't me wrong, he's great, but Lucas deserves to be a real part of this canvas.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't remember the last time on a soap the parent of a dead child was the one who did the swapping, I feel like it's usually a third party, a la Todd and Heather in the Sam/Tea baby swap.  I mean, Jessica on OLTL kiiiinda, although it was one of her D.I.D. alters who did the job.

Quoting myself, duh, Jesse and Angie on "All My Children", Jesse was the one who did the swapping*.  And I was just talking about that story yesterday lol.

* And, IIRC, got incredible scenes where he returned to where he buried his baby and begged for forgiveness.  This show will never give Brad something like that, not that I think those actors are in the same class.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

As far as a last fuck you to Michael and the Corinthos clan from Nelle, giving the baby away and making them believe her own died is not a bad one. No one deserves the middle finger like those douchenozzles. 

Of course, it will eventually blow up in Brad's face and Lucas's who was so happy. 

Also, Jason still wants to run away to Canada with she-beast. She talks about how her family needs her, but not a peep about Jason's sons needing him. But you know, Sonny and Michael will also need Jason, so that's the deal breaker. 

Why do I even watch this? I quit this bitch for 2 years. I don't know why I'm back to watching it again.

Oh, now see, I actually like that plot device, re Nelle being the one to switch the babies with Brad to punish the Corinthii.  Shame it won't last and they'll win in the end and poor Wylie will be re-christened Michael Corinthos IV and get hoarded by that awful, awful family.

I'm actually surprised Jason even remembers he has two sons, given the amount of head space taken up by Carly, Michael and Sonny.

• Love 9
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I'm guessing Obrect helped deliver the baby than made a run for it.  She won't be around to blow anything apart.  I think I read that CL's last airdate is August 1st, so she'll be gone soon too.  

She won't be around tomorrow or next week, but I have to imagine Dr. Obrecht's knowledge of what happened that night will come into play eventually, especially if Nelle/CL isn't around.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Perkie said:

The fall out will come when Wiley's mother shows up within the 30 day window to reclaim her child and Brad is either forced to tell the truth or give up baby Melle.  

Or - some DNA testing is needed to prove that the baby is in fact Baby Melle and it turns out the baby wasn't Michael's after all. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Perkie said:

No, that's what he told Lucas to cover for what really happened.  Wiley died, Brad did CPR than took off to take him to the hospital.  On the way there, he runs into Nelle and newborn baby boy.  Nelle says the Corinthi will take her baby and if she's going to lose her baby anyway, she'd rather Brucas raise him.  So they swap babies, and Brad heads back home with new Wiley, where Lucas has gotten home and questioned where Brad was, which is why he said he took the baby for a drive.  

Im guessing Obrect helped deliver the baby than made a run for it.  She won't be around to blow anything apart.  I think I read that CL's last airdate is August 1st, so she'll be gone soon too.  

THIS!  The entire time, I'm laughing my ass off thinking Nelle is actually smarter than we gave her credit for.  Brucas raise her baby so the Corinthi can't get their hands on him.  And she tells everyone her baby died, hurting all of them with that knowledge.  You know Michael will blame himself for the crash killing the baby.  It's a genius plan.  

The fall out will come when Wiley's mother shows up within the 30 day window to reclaim her child and Brad is either forced to tell the truth or give up baby Melle.  

Surely Julian will be involved at some point.  The anvils were never ending.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Surely Julian will be involved at some point.  The anvils were never ending.

Oh, for sure.  He'll notice Brad is acting squirrely and Brad will confess what he's done and want to tell Lucas.  But Julian will convince him not to and help keep the secret, so that when this blows up the Corinthii will have yet another thing to bitch and moan about, re Julian.

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why do I even watch this? 

I ask myself this question every day. I also have to explain hate-watching to my family every day they're home in time to see this awful show. 

There's also the many, many, many years invested so I kinda feel like I have to watch until it burns to the ground.

17 minutes ago, Perkie said:

THIS!  The entire time, I'm laughing my ass off thinking Nelle is actually smarter than we gave her credit for.  Brucas raise her baby so the Corinthi can't get their hands on him.  And she tells everyone her baby died, hurting all of them with that knowledge.  You know Michael will blame himself for the crash killing the baby.  It's a genius plan.  

TBH I was kinda rooting for Nelle at the end. It annoys me that the actress was so good when they did the episodes where she played Luke's sister Pat (I think that was who she played), then they hire her and turn her into the mess that was Nelle all because the writers suck.

I was thinking the same about Wiley's birth Mom showing up before the 30 days to reclaim her child, also aren't most babies born with dark hair? Nelle's birth child seemed to have fair hair but either way, the baby will eventually have some sort of reddish blond hair if it plays out that long, and Julian has the picture of Original Wiley.

Why am I trying to apply logic to this?

Julian equals bad. Sonny, Carly, Jason etc equals the bestest people in the world.

See above quote: Why do I even watch this?

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Why do I even watch this? 

Because I'm waiting for the Ultimate Retcon, where we learn that Sonny, Carly, & Jason prevented Ava and Julian from freezing Port Charles.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 6

Dr. Obrecht's knowledge of what happened that night will come into play eventually, especially if Nelle/CL isn't around.

Only if Obrecht needs leverage to get out of something.  But I thought KG is gone, which means so is Obrecht.  

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

the Corinthii will have yet another thing to bitch and moan about, re Julian.

Apparently the Corinthi don't actually need anything to bitch and moan about re Julian.  Hell, he's doing renovations on his property and they're making plans to kill him.  

• Love 9

Yes, I know that Brad was just making an excuse when Lucas came home to no baby in the crib. I was appalled that he came up with THAT EXCUSE to explain why they weren’t there when Lucas got there. How stupid was that whole exchange? Don’t answer that. This show has become more absurd by the day. 

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

I was kinda rooting for Nelle at the end. It annoys me that the actress was so good

The expression on CL's face at the end, when Michael realizes that the baby is dead and she says something like, "Sorry Michael, our son didn't make it".  They really didn't make good use of her talent.  

1 minute ago, Gam2 said:

Yes, I know that Brad was just making an excuse when Lucas came home to no baby in the crib. I was appalled that he came up with THAT EXCUSE to explain why they weren’t there when Lucas got there. How stupid was that whole exchange?

Sorry, I thought maybe you hadn't seen the scene yet, only read what happened and thought that he had actually taken the baby for a ride.

I spent two minutes trying to figure out why he was hanging out on the side of the road (other than the plot point to have Nelle show up).  He decided to take the baby to the hospital, then changed his mind?  Weird.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, for sure.  He'll notice Brad is acting squirrely and Brad will confess what he's done and want to tell Lucas.  But Julian will convince him not to and help keep the secret, so that when this blows up the Corinthii will have yet another thing to bitch and moan about, re Julian.

Maybe it'll be a wash if Julian finds the Croton body. Mutual destruction so they agree to a truce of sorts. But somehow Sonny will still come out of it the "better man."

• Love 2

Given how many babies seem to be born at the side of the road, maybe GH should have a wheeled maternity van for those out-of-hospital deliveries.

I LOVED RF!S basically telling Finn "you idiot" for not speaking with Anna and rebutting Finn that Anna was freezing him out again as she is wont to do.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Then of course he is torn between Carly and Sonny/Michael.  It's ironic that the template was set years ago when he rejected blood family for the Corinthii ties.

Luckily Jake and Danny are better off with Drew.  Speaking of which, I am so sick of that bloody thumb drive.  Do something about it or drop it entirely.

2 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

also aren't most babies born with dark hair?

No, those who are true blonds are often born bald or with a light fuzz.    Michael and Nelle's bio kid would most likely be blond.

Damn, I miss the Quartermaines.  They were a dysfunctional family but at least the show admitted that they were dysfunctional.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

She won't be around tomorrow or next week, but I have to imagine Dr. Obrecht's knowledge of what happened that night will come into play eventually, especially if Nelle/CL isn't around.

That would be lovely and soapy.

• Love 4
On 7/31/2018 at 8:04 PM, statsgirl said:

Damn, I miss the Quartermaines.  They were a dysfunctional family but at least the show admitted that they were dysfunctional.

Yes. At times I am shocked with just how obendient Jason is to Sonny, without question, something that Sonny told Drew when SB's Jason came on board. No Q, including Jason when he was Jason Quartermaine, were nearly this obedient to Edward. Edward constantly got pushback from everyone. Maybe Qs were more obendient Lila, but Lila had a strong moral compass and far less demanding. The child that aspired to be the most like Edward, Tracy, constantly plotted to steal ELQ away from him. I can understand his anger at the Qs for covering for AJ for the accident, but no Q thought it was ok what AJ did and Jason never pauses to think that Sonny does same thing, only he is far more reckless and entitled than any Q.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5

OK now that were a couple of hours out of it and my joy at Nelles brilliant plan has worn off, the small questions start to creep up.    Like, newborn babies usually come home with a clip on their umbilical cord which falls off after a few days.  Wylie would have one being born in a hospital, but baby Melle wouldn't.  Forget about Julian noticing that the baby he held isn't the same, is Dr Lucas not going to notice that his newborn doesn't look like it was born in a hospital.  Will no one at the hospital notice that baby Melle doesn't look like he was born in the woods?  

• Love 6

Babies change amazingly in the first few days. A friend of mine had a baby last month and when I saw him again 3 weeks later, he was unrecognizable as the same baby. All Brad has to do is  keep Julian away for a few weeks and no one will know. The babys were born only a day or two apart so Wiley would still have had his umbilical chord.  Clean up the baby and it's likely Lucas won't notice.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And there's the swap.  Count on this show to give something I want - Baby Swap 2018 - with the worst possible execution.  Oh Brad, this is going to end sooo badly for you.

Of course it's being handled in the grossest possible way.

6 hours ago, Linny said:

I'd really like for the show to stop acting like two newborns are interchangeable, and that the loss of one won't be very impactful for Brad since there's another at the ready. I'd like for Brad to remember Britt and the fallout over Ben/Rocco and realize this is never going to end well for him. I'd like him to acknowledge that no matter how distasteful Michael/Sonny/Carly may be, Nelle's baby IS a member of their family and they DO have every right to claim him as such. And I'd like Brad to think about Wiley's birth mother, who is still within the window of revoking the adoption, and understand that this swap has ramifications for her, too. At the very least, she deserves to know the child she gave birth to has passed away.

I would die laughing if the next time he sees Wiley he's all, "Wait, this is not the baby I saw last time!"

I wonder if they'll have the birth mother revoke her permission for the adoption? They've made such a big deal about that I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. That puts Brad in a really bad place, and it seems like it's time for him to do the absolutely wrong thing.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I know. I have to say I think it's really soapy that Nelle pretends she had the dead baby. It fits perfectly with being in the accident. And anything that causes Sonny pain is okay in my book.

6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also?  We got to talk about my girl Dr. O.  Nelle didn't mention her taking part in the birth so she could blow this whole thing apart.

Here's hoping she sends up a smoke signal or something to bust it wide open.

• Love 6

Sooooo Brad, being a lab tech, is cool with just pronouncing the baby dead without even considering a call to 911. Wow. Exceptional parenting. 

I am kind of rooting for Nelle at this point just cuz I cannot stand any Corinthii. However, I am NOT looking forward to having to watch Chad Duell try to emote. God help us. 

• Love 12

Parry Shen doesn’t know how to cry with tears. Isn’t that Soap 101? I will say I was a little surprised how it played out. I didn’t figure Brad meeting up with Nelle in the woods and switching the babies right then & there. I thought Nelle would die but I guess she’s just going to jail. They could always recast later down the line or Chloe Lanier could come back if the Hollywood thing doesn’t work out. It was kind of creepy how she just handed the baby to Michael and he realizes it’s dead. So soapy and very 1980’s. I remember on OLTL when Karen & Marco switched Jenny’s dead baby with another one. 

• Love 3

I'm hoping that Nelle disappears into the woods instead of being sent to prison. Chase made a point of saying that Nelle is nine months pregnant so they won't miss her.

Not because I have a particular fondness for Nelle but any enemy of the Corinthii is a friend of mine.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

OK now that were a couple of hours out of it and my joy at Nelles brilliant plan has worn off, the small questions start to creep up.    Like, newborn babies usually come home with a clip on their umbilical cord which falls off after a few days.  Wylie would have one being born in a hospital, but baby Melle wouldn't.  Forget about Julian noticing that the baby he held isn't the same, is Dr Lucas not going to notice that his newborn doesn't look like it was born in a hospital.  Will no one at the hospital notice that baby Melle doesn't look like he was born in the woods?  

Good points that they'll probably never address! But if they did it would be plausible. Brad is not only the director of the lab and would think of stuff like that, but he also has plenty of experience faking medical evidence.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 2

Over/under on the prediction that when the truth finally comes out it comes to light that Brad or Lucas is the bio-dad of Nelle's baby and that was part of the reason Nelle was only too eager to hand it over, other than the fact that it is a FU to Michael/Carly/Sonny.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm hoping that Nelle disappears into the woods instead of being sent to prison. Chase made a point of saying that Nelle is nine months pregnant so they won't miss her.

Not because I have a particular fondness for Nelle but any enemy of the Corinthii is a friend of mine.

Nelle is a bitch for gaslighting Carly using her dead son and what did Carly ever do to Nelle? She just wanted to get Carly out of the way so she can get Michael. Any enemy of the holy trio is an enemy of mine 

15 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Yes, because, in the Sonnyverse, breaking out of a court-ordered maximum psychiatric hospital not once, but TWICE, is acceptable if the staff is evil.

This is the same justification that allowed JaSam and Spinelli to break into the Swiss bank, although those oligarchs may find out anyway and the Evil Bank Manager may be disposable.

Now, if you excuse me, Sonny and Jason said I can go punch a Nazi like Captain America.

Not to mention, security in this maximum security institution stinks. You know what they say...break out once, shame on you. Break out TWICE, shame on Ferncliff!!

• Love 3

Am I the only one who keeps a pair of scissors in the glove compartment of my car? Admittedly it isn’t becaus I think my seatbelt will jam, but you just never know when they’ll come in handy! He’ll even a first aid kit should at least have bandage scissors! Or do soap people not keep first aid kits in the glove box either?

really surprised and disappointed that brad wrote the baby off so quickly after finding him. Sure he tried CPR but if he were really en route to the hospital he wouldn’t have been parked in the middle of nowhere to bump into nelle. I don’t know what his plan was but a call to 911 should have been his first move.

that being said, I would love for Brucas to raise the child without incident. It won’t happen but Michael doesn’t need or even deserve a child and he wouldn’t get to raise it anyway. His parents would glom onto that kid so fast michaels head would spin. And Monica would NEVER see her great grandchild.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I'm hoping that Nelle disappears into the woods instead of being sent to prison

Her chance to disapear in the woods was immediately after the switch.  She could have been half way to Canada by now.  INstead, she deliberately let herself get caught with the dead baby, so she could rub it in Michael's face that the baby was dead.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

A friend of mine had a baby last month and when I saw him again 3 weeks later, he was unrecognizable as the same baby.

Are you sure it was the same baby?  I mean if we have learned anything from soap operas, you can't let those buggers out of your sight for one minute.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Am I the only one who keeps a pair of scissors in the glove compartment of my car? Admittedly it isn’t becaus I think my seatbelt will jam, but you just never know when they’ll come in handy! He’ll even a first aid kit should at least have bandage scissors! Or do soap people not keep first aid kits in the glove box either?

I have to admit that I am woefully unprepared for any emergency.

• Love 5

If I lived in that town, I would set up "Birthing Station on Wheels" and just drive around, finding all the women giving birth on the side of roads, or in the woods, or down an embankment, through their pants, or in a puddle. I'd make a fortune.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I recently deleted five episodes off the DVR without watching.  I was away for a week and when I returned I asked my mother:

Has Nelle had the baby?  No.

Has the biological mother had the baby?  No.

Is Carly still in the mental institution?  Yes.

Delete.  I only watched yesterday because I heard the baby died.  Months of inaction, then a newborn death within fifteen minutes.  Great pacing show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

really surprised and disappointed that brad wrote the baby off so quickly after finding him. Sure he tried CPR but if he were really en route to the hospital he wouldn’t have been parked in the middle of nowhere to bump into nelle. I don’t know what his plan was but a call to 911 should have been his first move.

The way that was edited was weird.  We saw Brad giving the baby CPR.  But then the next time it cut back to him, he was already in the car pulled over.  I mean, I guess the idea was that he was rushing to the baby to the hospital, realized it was hopeless, and then got emotional and had to pull over?  But that didn't come across so well.  It would have been better if we had seen Brad saying he was going to rush the baby to the hospital, seen him run out of the room.

Also weird?  Those aquarium windows in the baby's nursery.  What IS that lol.

• Love 2

I wonder if they will eventually bring Bobbie into this.I know she's usually a Carly apologist and it's not the same but when Bobbie found out Cheryl was Lucas bio mom she kept quiet and even got Frisco to keep quiet.I mean with h er history although it will probably be another story of sonny versus julian.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Has Nelle had the baby?  No.

Has the biological mother had the baby?  No.

Is Carly still in the mental institution?  Yes.

Has Nelle had the baby?  Yes.  She and Michael were in a car accident.  She wandered off in the woods, ran into Obrecht who was escaping police custody, went into labour, Obrecht helped deliver the baby before disapearing.

Has the biological mother had the baby?  Yes, the day before.  Alexis gave him to Brad.  Both she and Julian have seen Wiley, julian also has a photo with him.  Later that day, the baby dies (SIDS??) and Brad runs into Nelle on the way to the hospital and she suggest switching her live child for his dead one.  

s Carly still in the mental institution?    Nope.  Yesterday Jason with Franco's help as the getaway driver, got her out just before she was given electroshock treatment.  

1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

I wonder if they will eventually bring Bobbie into this.I know she's usually a Carly apologist and it's not the same but when Bobbie found out Cheryl was Lucas bio mom she kept quiet and even got Frisco to keep quiet.I mean with h er history although it will probably be another story of sonny versus julian.

Bobbie could play an interesting role in this, given how she'd be caught between her son and her daughter/grandson, but I'm sure her involvement will be minimal as well.

I can't even remember the last time Bobbie talked to Lucas on-screen.  When he told her and Carly about the adoption?  That was like January!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

They never use Bobbie when it makes sense.  I'm 90% sure she was still a regular cast member when Lulu had her abortion.  Lulu talked to everyone in town about this abortion.  But, not her aunt, who had an abortion, a miscarriage, put a baby up for adoption and adopted a baby. She literally had all points of view on this and was a relative, yet, Lulu went and talked to Sonny instead.

• Love 2

I have to say - I did not see the dead baby angle coming.  Nelle handing over her newborn to Brad without any emotion at all and telling Michael theirs had died as a final stick it to him was a twist I didn't anticipate.  Dark writing for sure.   I'm sure with all the birth mom and she has 30 days to change her mind mentions we know what's coming.   As much as I loathed Nelle - the show's going to be a bit less interesting without her.   CL played the part perfectly.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Has Nelle had the baby?  Yes.  She and Michael were in a car accident.  She wandered off in the woods, ran into Obrecht who was escaping police custody, went into labour, Obrecht helped deliver the baby before disapearing.

Has the biological mother had the baby?  Yes, the day before.  Alexis gave him to Brad.  Both she and Julian have seen Wiley, julian also has a photo with him.  Later that day, the baby dies (SIDS??) and Brad runs into Nelle on the way to the hospital and she suggest switching her live child for his dead one.  

s Carly still in the mental institution?    Nope.  Yesterday Jason with Franco's help as the getaway driver, got her out just before she was given electroshock treatment.  

Thanks for the catch up!!

The way that was edited was weird.  We saw Brad giving the baby CPR.  But then the next time it cut back to him, he was already in the car pulled over.  I mean, I guess the idea was that he was rushing to the baby to the hospital, realized it was hopeless, and then got emotional and had to pull over?  But that didn't come across so well.  It would have been better if we had seen Brad saying he was going to rush the baby to the hospital, seen him run out of the room.

Rushing the baby to the hospital would have made no sense, cuz you need to keep doing CPR until EMTs/doctors can take over and work on the baby, and you cannot do CPR if the baby is in a basket in the back seat. If Brad knew infant CPR, then he surely would know this and his actions are just plain crazypants. 

• Love 2