Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

If Tamara Braun hadn't already played Carly on this show I might be a little more accommodating but as it is, Kim just feels like a lame stunt with an expiration date. The character could be more, yes, but people will never forget her as Carly first. That's the achilles heel. It was part of the problem with Bill Eckert, too.

When SJB returned too. Don't get me started on the revolving door FV's pets have had. How many characters has ME played in the last six years? I guess SBu not being real Jason but some other dude was a bridge too far. They can't write new interesting characters for shit as it is. Having them portrayed by actors that in the recent past were someone else on the show is like adding hundred pound weights to a row boat full of holes.  

My prediction. Their attempt to salvage Kim will be putting her in Sonny's orbit to see if she can recreate something with Mo. She was always one of his favorites and rumor is he's bored with what he's had to do for a while. So...just, ughhh. 

Just now, CharethCutestory said:

My prediction. Their attempt to salvage Kim will be putting her in Sonny's orbit to see if she can recreate something with Mo. She was always one of his favorites and rumor is he's bored with what he's had to do for a while. So...just, ughhh. 

Agreed. That's her next stop.

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Second, I was under the impression Mike never set foot in Port Charles until Sonny was there, right?

This I don't remember.  But what is also tripping me up is that when the story started, ninety three years ago it feels like, Sonny told Jason that he was just starting to work with Scully and that this was his first job for Scully.   Then both Mike and Sonny have said repeatedly that his happened when Sonny was 18.  Buuuuuut, 15 year old Olivia, didn't tell 15 year old Sonny about Dante's existence, because he has started working for Scully and getting deeper into the pocket of the mob.  So which is it, was Sonny 15 with Mike out of the picture when he started working for Scully or was he 18 with Mike in the periphery of his life.  I'm very confused and I've put way too much thought into a story that involves idiot Sonny.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Perkie said:
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Gross that Scott is taking Bensch's case when Scott's own daughter was sexually exploited by Sonny. Way to honor Karen's memory.

Ava is paying Scott to take Bensch' case so that he can tank it .  

I missed that. Thanks, @Perkie. Scott is lucky he doesn't have a reputation as a crack legal mind, so if he does tank the case and it fails, Bensch will be none the wiser.

6 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:
9 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Jax and Skye dated for five minutes  and Carly and Lorenzo were a thing for 7 minutes??  

Jax and Skye were married for 5 minutes. I never got why he dumped Skye for lying about Brenda's condition, but continually took back Carly.

None of this really connects Lila Rae and Joss, though. Neither of them were born when these relationships were happening, were they? 

• Love 1
(edited)

5 hours ago, LillyB said:

Is it possible that the bikini with the tag was put in Joss's bag by Nelle? It would be another way to mess with Carly.

Anything/anyone who messes with Carly is OK with me.

Edited by One Tough Cookie
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Ava is paying Scott to take Bensch' case so that he can tank it .  

And honestly, I hope it is found out and Bensch's sues Scotty and gets him disbarred. Why the fuck is sexually harrassement worse than being a killer of an innocent woman (Ava) or...someone who not only a serial killer (did the Golden State Killer stop being a killer eventhough he hadn't killed anyone in almost 30 years? No) but someone who also sexually harrassed a co worker. I argue that Franco pusuit of Liz was more intense and just as improper as Bensh of Kiki. 

• Love 1

I'll be surprised if Tamara goes back to a pairing with MB.

I also don't think they're even particularly interested in 'salvaging Kim' either - has she flopped per se? She's a romantic spoiler for Julian and Alexis that seems to be working, especially if NLG is uninterested in going back there. She could also easily be shipped off with Billy Miller. I don't see a massive investment. IMO casting her was a stunt with no real plan beyond 'what if we paired her with Billy and could keep both Jasons around?' Which I knew they wouldn't be able to do.

As for SJB and Claudia, that wasn't genius either and was never going to work longterm, but the day to day writing and textures for the character were vastly superior due to the longtime GH writing staff Frank has since mostly disposed of. Claudia was a fleshed-out if often inconsistent character. Who is Kim beyond a nice doctor and Oscar's mom? We have no idea.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I missed that. Thanks, @Perkie. Scott is lucky he doesn't have a reputation as a crack legal mind, so if he does tank the case and it fails, Bensch will be none the wiser.

None of this really connects Lila Rae and Joss, though. Neither of them were born when these relationships were happening, were they? 

No, but it does open up the possiblity of Skye and Jax reconnecting and getting married, since all the bad things she did to Jax was to keep him, not always get her way like Carly did. 

(edited)
33 minutes ago, jsbt said:

There's just so much I find mindboggling about the show as is. Off the top of my head:

Lulu's husband just disappeared, possibly for good. The entire young adult scene is dependent on Kiki (because let's face it Michael and the exiting Nelle are not factors).

The refusal to let go of MB/LW/whoever the hell plays Jason as leads has totally driven away everyone. Do they just not care or did they not notice? It's odd.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How are they? Joss's parents are Carly and Jax, and Lila Rae's are Skye and Alcazar. None of the parents are related by blood or marriage, unless you count Carly's minute-long marriage to AJ, but that was ages ago.

Alan spent 15 minutes or so thinking Skye was his child. Michael is Carly's child by AJ and Joss is Michael's sister. So in GH land, Joss and Lila Rae are peripheral Quartermaines. 

26 minutes ago, Perkie said:

This I don't remember.  But what is also tripping me up is that when the story started, ninety three years ago it feels like, Sonny told Jason that he was just starting to work with Scully and that this was his first job for Scully.   Then both Mike and Sonny have said repeatedly that his happened when Sonny was 18.  Buuuuuut, 15 year old Olivia, didn't tell 15 year old Sonny about Dante's existence, because he has started working for Scully and getting deeper into the pocket of the mob.  So which is it, was Sonny 15 with Mike out of the picture when he started working for Scully or was he 18 with Mike in the periphery of his life.  I'm very confused and I've put way too much thought into a story that involves idiot Sonny.  

And let's not forget how Original Recipe Mike told Sonny when Connie first appeared in Port Charles that even though he wasn't in Sonny's life, he'd kept tabs on him. He gave an example of how one day he wanted to say something to him, but Sonny was with a girl, who we'd learned earlier in the episode was Connie. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

I would love this forever. Although it took me a minute to remember how Lila Rae and Joss were related.

Well they're not, but I was imagining Jax and Skye getting remarried off-screen, hence stepsisters.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It was made pretty clear the cologne fell into Joss's bag from Nelle's ginormous computer bag by accident. I think the weird look on Joss's face was because she'd learned it was Morgan's cologne.

Wow, I have zero recollection of Joss knowing the cologne was Morgan's--or anyone knowing, for that matter.

Sam was ridiculous today.  She painted herself as being left by Drew for, gee, no good reason, and now she's left to soldier on in spite of her sorrow.  Pul-lease.  Not to mention, which is it: did she leave Aurora because it was something Drew bought for the two of them and now that they weren't together she was graciously stepping down or what she's been saying for the past couple months: that "sitting behind a desk" was just, like, so not her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Perkie said:

Sonny and Olivia weren't the same age. She was younger than him.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Yeah Sam, we feel so bad for you that you ditched the nice guy who treated you and your kids like gold for an emotionless mobster that puts his boss' wife before all others. That Drew is a real monster, walking past you that one time, heartbroken that you're in love with another guy. He gives her the easiest, most respectful divorce ever, strokes HER ego, and somehow a scene later he's being degraded. This chick is the worst. And I don't even like Drew or Dream. 

Their relationship was based on a lie because he was believed to be Jason before that she didn’t have any feelings when he was Jake Doe so it doesn’t make sense for them to stay together. And Jason does show emotion idk what show you’re watching.

• Love 1

Is it me or does Sam look at least 10 years older than Drew.

I really wanted to hit Scummy upside the head when he said that he left stripping to the professionals. Doesn't he remember that he forced a very young Karen Wexler to strip in his club after making Stone give her some drugs.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

Their relationship was based on a lie because he was believed to be Jason before that she didn’t have any feelings when he was Jake Doe so it doesn’t make sense for them to stay together. And Jason does show emotion idk what show you’re watching.

I would agree if this was the story that they were telling, but they aren't.  If they had shown the relationship fall apart because Drew without the backgorund of being Jason, just didn't feel right for Sam, I would get it.  What they are saying though, is that he was forcing her to change her life, for him, and it felt wrong.  None of that is true.

Jason does show emotion.... he shows confusion and pensiveness, even when those aren't the emotions called for in a scene. 

I don't hate SBu or anything, I just wanted the story to show even an inch of growth for him after his captivity.  Like, some reflection, some kind of awareness.  We got nada, and I'm super butt hurt.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I guess when Jason walked past her the night Danny came home to do Sonny's bidding, he did it in a way that she felt respected.

Jason didn’t want to go that night but Sam insisted he goes because Bernie seemed to be in trouble not like Sam was begging him not to leave and he still left 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I would agree if this was the story that they were telling, but they aren't.  If they had shown the relationship fall apart because Drew without the backgorund of being Jason, just didn't feel right for Sam, I would get it.  What they are saying though, is that he was forcing her to change her life, for him, and it felt wrong.  None of that is true.

Jason does show emotion.... he shows confusion and pensiveness, even when those aren't the emotions called for in a scene. 

I don't hate SBu or anything, I just wanted the story to show even an inch of growth for him after his captivity.  Like, some reflection, some kind of awareness.  We got nada, and I'm super butt hurt.

This storyline had so much potential but the writers ruined it. It started off great when Jason returned but after the reveal things went south. Drew showed no interest in finding out who he was when him and Jason should’ve been working together because they’re both victims in this case 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Is it me or does Sam look at least 10 years older than Drew.

Lol. I don't think so.  I met them in person, they look very much around the same age. 

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How are they? Joss's parents are Carly and Jax, and Lila Rae's are Skye and Alcazar. None of the parents are related by blood or marriage, unless you count Carly's minute-long marriage to AJ, but that was ages ago.

12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well they're not, but I was imagining Jax and Skye getting remarried off-screen, hence stepsisters.

Why did I think Jax was the Father? Did I just wish it so hard I made myself believe it?

This show.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sam was ridiculous today.  She painted herself as being left by Drew for, gee, no good reason, and now she's left to soldier on in spite of her sorrow.  Pul-lease.  Not to mention, which is it: did she leave Aurora because it was something Drew bought for the two of them and now that they weren't together she was graciously stepping down or what she's been saying for the past couple months: that "sitting behind a desk" was just, like, so not her.

Sam initiated the divorce, right? So why is she acting so shocked it went through? I have no problems with her being sad about it for any reason, but it would be nice if the reasons stayed consistent.

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

Sonny and Olivia weren't the same age. She was younger than him.

Olivia was 15 and I think Sonny was very early 20s. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Olivia was 15 and I think Sonny was very early 20s. 

Which would be considered statutory rape today.  Horrors.

9 hours ago, gp1999 said:

This storyline had so much potential but the writers ruined it. It started off great when Jason returned but after the reveal things went south. Drew showed no interest in finding out who he was when him and Jason should’ve been working together because they’re both victims in this case 

There was a time when  Drew and Jason agreed to work together to find out the information and then Jason bailed on him.  Jason started confiding in Sam what he and Spinelli had found out. When Drew confronted Jason with reneging on their deal, Jason said that he wanted to make sure of the information before he shared it with Drew. Meanwhile he was fine leaving Drew out while he worked with Spinelli and told Sam. Which is not working together at all.

I never understood why Jason's only reaction to Drew wanting to lose the Jason memories was blinky blink. Jason should have been thrilled that Drew wanted to lose the Jason memories not only because I can't imagine how awful it would be to have someone else know your intimate memories but also because Drew knows information that would put Jason in jail.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I never understood why Jason's only reaction to Drew wanting to lose the Jason memories was blinky blink.

That's Jason's reaction to basically everything and anything. It's so dumb.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Drew knows information that would put Jason in jail

He'd never use it against Jason, though, because it would hurt Sam and the kids too much. It's too bad Drew knowing about all the illegal stuff was never much mentioned, let alone explored. He could have blackmailed Sonny and Jason forever. (Which explains why that aspect has been ignored.)

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

He'd never use it against Jason, though, because it would hurt Sam and the kids too much. It's too bad Drew knowing about all the illegal stuff was never much mentioned, let alone explored. He could have blackmailed Sonny and Jason forever. (Which explains why that aspect has been ignored.)

It was brought up last week during a convo with Liz.  I mean you never know, they may go there.

Edited by Hater
55 minutes ago, Hater said:

It was brought up last week during a convo with Liz.  I mean you never know, they may go there.

They might. And in this show's moral calculus, that would make Drew irredeemably evil. Because not only should Sonny and Jason be immune from prosecution and imprisonment for all their crimes, they shouldn't even be inconvenienced.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The conversation with Liz when they very vaguely tiptoed around the issue, like @Hater said, was the first time that it was ever brought up that Drew knew all of the illegal goings-on and it still mystifies me that, especially with how he and Carly treated Drew when Jason returned and how Carly spent the next months doing her damndest best to undermine Sam and Drew's marriage and manipulate her back to Jason, that it was never even a concern for Sonny that this man knows intimate details of his and Jason's rich criminal history and could at the very least cause a lot of trouble for Sonny if he went to the FBI or WSB.

There aren't enough words to say how much secondhand embarrassment I have for Emme and Kristen having to have filmed those scenes with the KFC man. Isn't Emme vegetarian and Kirsten vegan?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5

This Colonel Sanders shit is the dumbest and most mortifying thing I've ever seen GH do, and I watched the entirety of the pickle relish war circa 2013. At least Kirsten Storms and Emme Rylan are getting paid for this, while I'm just sitting here hanging my head in shame that my soap has been reduced to glamorizing the mascot of a subpar fast-food chicken joint.

• Love 16
(edited)

Did you notice the actual Col Sanders commercial placed after the scenes of Col Sanders talking with Maxi and Lulu? Seems he has a new crispy chikken sammich.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Oh my gosh!  This scout kid absolutely cannot act.  At all.  He makes the Oscar actor look like Johnny Depp.  

Colonel Sanders scenes were embarrassing.

Still don't care about Sonny and the body.

Kiki and Griffin are being stupid not telling Alexis.

Scotty better tell Ava.

For the love of cheese, please let PCPD pull this Nelle plot off and not end up tripping over the dicks and needing Sonny and/or Jason to save the day.

• Love 3

Who doesn't know that the real Colonel Sanders has been dead for almost 40 years?  The ones you see on commercials are actors (like George Hamilton) but Lulu and Maxie were all giddy like they were meeting the real deal!  Really really dumb (and if they were going to resort to this storyline, why not Reba's version? let's make it even weirder...)

Whoever the kid is who's playing the scout is really bad.  Must be somebody's kid who's out for the summer and they just thought they'd throw him in a scene or two while he was visiting dad/mom on the set.  And why didn't they get him to untie whatshisname in the first place?

I almost dozed off when Sonny was telling Jason his Croton story...there was one place where he paused for so long that I was afraid my sound had gone off. 

Okay, now positive thoughts....um...I'll get back to you...

• Love 7

I think it may be time for me to step back onto the barge.  I'm incredibly bored by most of what's going on and as usual, incensed by anything related to the Corinthii and their enablers.  I so miss the days when soaps were fun to watch.

• Love 2

I know many are claiming it's a good venture because the show gets money.  But this is pathetic.  On many levels.  When you need to resort to these types of gimmicks, it's really way past the time this show needs to be cancelled.

They are also have a sponsorship with Clorox that Varni was promoting.  So so sad.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Linny said:

This Colonel Sanders shit is the dumbest and most mortifying thing I've ever seen GH do, and I watched the entirety of the pickle relish war circa 2013. At least Kirsten Storms and Emme Rylan are getting paid for this, while I'm just sitting here hanging my head in shame that my soap has been reduced to glamorizing the mascot of a subpar fast-food chicken joint.

Tuned in for the first time in months and thought I was being punk'd.

• Love 6

That Col. Sanders is amazing -- so media savvy for someone who was born in 1890.  (Meanwhile, there's a body in a grave in Mississauga Ontario thatis spinning.)

As bad as the dialogue for those scenes was, the worst was Spinelli's genius plan (was it Praise Spinelli day?  Michael and Jordan were doing it too) for  a concealed hiding place -- a fake book like the kind you can buy in a dollar store.  That's the first thing place  thieves look after they've gone through your bedroom drawers.  There are all sorts of clever hiding places now, fake used paint cans or oil spray cans; this was just really stupid to praise Spinelli for that.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

The conversation with Liz when they very vaguely tiptoed around the issue, like @Hater said, was the first time that it was ever brought up that Drew knew all of the illegal goings-on and it still mystifies me that, especially with how he and Carly treated Drew when Jason returned and how Carly spent the next months doing her damndest best to undermine Sam and Drew's marriage and manipulate her back to Jason, that it was never even a concern for Sonny that this man knows intimate details of his and Jason's rich criminal history and could at the very least cause a lot of trouble for Sonny if he went to the FBI or WSB.

Sonny is so stupid, it boggles the mind that he's the leading man on this show.  He's also so greasy and unappealing that I can't understand why he and Jason are the romantic hero of the show.

All three of them, Sonny, Carson and Jason are so entitled or so stupid or both, that they can't imagine how it could not go their way.

23 hours ago, Perkie said:

Scully shoots and kills whoever and wraps him up in a shower curtain and tosses him in his trunk.  He tells 18 yr old Sonny to get rid of the body.  Sonny drives to Scrotum (sorry meant to say Croton, my bad) and buries the body.  Mike, being psychic or a peeping Tom, (as well as a gambling addict and a deadbeat dad, busy guy our Mike) knows what Scully has ordered and follows Sonny to Croton and unburies the body.  Mike brings the body back to PC where he and his good budy Charlie bury the body in the foundation of what has now become Charlie's Pub.  Charlie's Pub that Julian now owns that he's now planning to dig up for renovations.

And now I can't get that out of my mind and burst out giggling every time they say 'Croton'.

• Love 3

They need to do something about the lighting on this show. Sonny's and Maxi's place were particularly bad. Are they using fluorescents? There's better lighting in a Wawa bathroom. 

I saw KSt put down that bucket of chicken with a sick look on her face and proceeded to FF through Colonel Sanders' cameo. It was just too mortifying. Poor Emme and Kirsten pulled the short straw on that one. 

Out of all the characters on this bloated ass cast, even all the kids of the characters on this show, they have bugle boy, the unknown scout, find Heiny. And then they link him to Frodd. I caaaaan't. 

I got a fleeting couple seconds of enjoyment at the very end when Julian told Sonny he was ripping the place up to the foundation. Heh. It'll all work out for Sonny though. Always does. Yawn. 

I think I'll switch to recaps for a while. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Hater said:

Drew knowing about all the illegal stuff was never much mentioned, let alone explored. He could have blackmailed Sonny and Jason forever.

I'd like to see that explained to a jury, even a Port Charles jury.  "Drew had Jason's memories transplanted into his brain, and now Drew is aware of everything bad Jason has ever done."  

• Love 3

The Colonial Sanders thing reminds me of some of the things they did as AMC was circling the drain to try to bring in some extra revenue.    They had Greenlee go to work for Revlon, although at some point Revlon must have had realized how bad the show had become, because suddenly she was working for some fictional company.  It seemed like there were some other awkward product placements, but I have blocked a lot of the final years out of my head.   I could tell you more what happened in 1987 than 2007.  Needless to say, the gimmicks did not help save the show.

• Love 1

This. I just don't get why they would bring SBu back and have him fall right back into the same exact role as before. No second thoughts, no reservations - Jason is just back to doing Sonny and Carly's bidding. No change, no growth - nothing. It would have been much more interesting if SBu came back as the long, lost twin. As an actor, I can only imagine how bored he must be. Let's face it, the character of Jason has a limited range of emotional capacity. Most of the time he just stands around looking pensive.

I was always a JaSam fan, but I now much prefer Sam with Drew. She showed 10x more emotion in yesterday's scene with Drew than I've seen between her and SBu since he's been back. I imagine JaSam is the end game here, though.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, CCTC said:

The Colonial Sanders thing reminds me of some of the things they did as AMC was circling the drain to try to bring in some extra revenue.    They had Greenlee go to work for Revlon, although at some point Revlon must have had realized how bad the show had become, because suddenly she was working for some fictional company.  It seemed like there were some other awkward product placements, but I have blocked a lot of the final years out of my head.   I could tell you more what happened in 1987 than 2007.  Needless to say, the gimmicks did not help save the show.

At least Revlon sort of makes sense at AMC.  This KFC shit is just sad.

• Love 3

Poor old Colonel Sanders...If I worked there I would be so embarrassed!  Hope no one here works there...lol

And Lord have mercy that scout was the worst actor I have ever seen.  He must know someone!  I will never get over that scene with LuLu and Maxie    oh my Lord!

• Love 4

Am I the only one who hoped Sonny would choke on his free coffee when Julian told him he was going to rip the foundations of his pub. I did like when the smirk was wiped from his face. That was fun.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Baxter said:

This. I just don't get why they would bring SBu back and have him fall right back into the same exact role as before. No second thoughts, no reservations - Jason is just back to doing Sonny and Carly's bidding. No change, no growth - nothing. It would have been much more interesting if SBu came back as the long, lost twin. As an actor, I can only imagine how bored he must be. Let's face it, the character of Jason has a limited range of emotional capacity. Most of the time he just stands around looking pensive.

I prefer SBu back playing Jason but I agree otherwise. Who goes through what he did and falls right back into being Sonny's enforcer, business as usual? He's more robotic than ever. No growth or introspection over the lifestyle that got him gut shot and missing five years of his life? Right back to it. He spoke a little of his trauma in the clinic the other day and it was to try and equate it to what Carly is going through. Is that all we're going to get of Jason working through that time? How it relates to Carly? What a joke. Jason was already a shell of himself when he fell into the water. 

I wouldn't feel too bad for SBu. I think he likes the Carson, "Stonecold" Jason. He likes his Spinelli hijinks. Look no further than his podcast. He works that persona. More than anything I think SBu likes a steady paycheck.

• Love 2