Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

All of this STUFF! to get Sam Manning that cub scout kid in the same room as Todd Franco and McBain Dr. Michael Easton.  I mean, I liked Sam and Todd together on OLTL too (...and John McBain was also a character on that show), but this is just sooo silly, especially when it's in between boring garbage like the Croton body and LWB/FS not being dead.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

All of this STUFF! to get Sam Manning that cub scout kid in the same room as Todd Franco and McBain Dr. Michael Easton.  I mean, I liked Sam and Todd together on OLTL too (...and John McBain was also a character on that show), but this is just sooo silly, especially when it's in between boring garbage like the Croton body and LWB/FS not being dead.

And wasn't Wyatt not being believed about his crazy story about the man tied up by the scary woman, a call out to Starr trying to convince people about the man on the wheel?

• Love 1

So on the one hand, Liesl is painted as the "scary villain" for holding Peter captive, and on the other hand we have Sonny and Jason, our male protagonists, scrambling to dig up a dead body before anyone can pin Sonny for murder, and that behavior is totally a-okay. That's some nice cognitive dissonance you're working, GH.

I will admit to laughing that Wyatt ran to Franco for help, because Franco and hostage situations go together like peanut butter and jelly. And I've always found Finn and Liesl's mutual loathing to be stupid and unnecessary, but if that's what it takes for Finn to investigate Wyatt's story, then so be it. Anything to get Peter off that fucking bed.

• Love 11
(edited)
On 7/9/2018 at 3:37 PM, Linny said:

So on the one hand, Liesl is painted as the "scary villain" for holding Peter captive, and on the other hand we have Sonny and Jason, our male protagonists, scrambling to dig up a dead body before anyone can pin Sonny for murder, and that behavior is totally a-okay. That's some nice cognitive dissonance you're working, GH.

They're doing the same exact thing with Obrecht. She's torturing a man, but only because of her son and look at this touching scene of her holding her cute baby grandson.

Did people like the Sam actor on OLTL? Cause I think he must have partly helped get the show cancelled.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

They're doing the same exact thing with Obrect. She's torturing a man, but only because of her son and look at this touchimg scene of her holding her cute baby grandson.

Did people like the Sam actor on OLTL? Cause I think he must have partly helped get the show cancelled.

He was a little kid and the character ended up being adorable!  There was plenty of other bad acting and bad characters/storylines to tank the show, though I am still in mourning.

• Love 9
(edited)

What bannana and dubbel zout said - he was a cute kid just there to be cute with Roger Howarth - and as much grief as give about this being a crutch, he and RH were cute together - and then blast stupid Echo with silly string.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Linny said:

Anything to get Peter off that fucking bed.

I'm assuming LIesl will haul ass to the cabin, now that the bad acting kid has recognized her, and will take Peter somewhere else.  So that when Franco and Finn show up, the cabin will be empty.  

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Since Peter is tied to a bed and unable to use a bathroom,, he really must reek.

That's been bothering me for weeks.

A boring episode but I did like Julian's clued-in look when he sees the picture of Mike and Charley, and ties it to Sonny suddenly wanting to buy his pub. It will go nowhere because Sonny but at least someone appears to have brains.

Meanwhile, does Jason do anything but play second banana to Sonny and Carly?  He appears to have forgotten entirely about Peter and Drew's memories because he's so busy with Carly in Ferncliffe and Sonny obsessed with Croton. And Michael marrying Nelle.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I'm assuming LIesl will haul ass to the cabin, now that the bad acting kid has recognized her, and will take Peter somewhere else.  So that when Franco and Finn show up, the cabin will be empty.  

Liesl, honey, just take him to Wyndemere and throw him off the parapet.  And then treat yourself to a mani/pedi!

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, LillyB said:

Since Peter is tied to a bed and unable to use a bathroom,, he really must reek.

How many days, weeks, years was Mac tied to a bed, while fake!Mac took his place?  He had a huge bladder, too.   Poor guy missed Christmas.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

ll of this STUFF! to get Sam Manning that cub scout kid in the same room as Todd Franco and McBain Dr. Michael Easton.  I mean, I liked Sam and Todd together on OLTL too (...and John McBain was also a character on that show)

See, as someone who never watched OLTL, to me, these scenes are just a very bad kid actor, and stupid Franco being involved in yet another story.  Though now that I read that it's an OLTL thing, I understand why Finn was involved.  

• Love 3

Heiny has been tied to that bed for months now. No toilet, no shower, no deodorant, no clean clothes. That cabin needs to be burned down with him in it. I know this is a soap but couldn’t they make some mention of SOME KIND of accommodation for those things? Yuck people!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Meanwhile, does Jason do anything but play second banana to Sonny and Carly?  

No. I'm kidding; yes, he speaks/shifts awkwardly when he happens to see either one of his sons, the so-called love of his life, his twin brother's ex, etc.  The only actors from the f/t cast SBu appears to be comfortable around are Herbst, Bernard, Wright and Duell (I'm not counting temp Monica).

• Love 4

See, as someone who never watched OLTL, to me, these scenes are just a very bad kid actor, and stupid Franco being involved in yet another story. 

It's so hard to get past Franco being a sexual predator and serial killer but it was nice to see camaraderie at GH and in a scene that involves a boy scout, infectious disease doc, and serial killer.  The only solution to Franco is for him to have an unidentified identical twin that happened to go to med school and somehow he's the real Stephen Larrs.  Since there are scenes at Fernecliff that involve a felon named Corinthos that will never pay for her crimes, now would be a great time for Heather Webber to make an appearance or two and make good use of the facility.

Today's episode actually moved the plots down the road a bit and ME and RoHo looked to be enjoying themselves (which is a rarity these days).  But pet MS, who had a whole family created for her (Nathan, Liesl, a waste of Maxie, Valentine, and Carly's boyfriend) just didn't nail her dialogues with Maxie, Scout, Liesl, and Carly's boyfriend.  Why they didn't have Roho and MS's characters become doctors on a show called General Hospital is beyond me as it would have prevented the years of drudgery of trying (and failing) to fit two unique characters into the fabric of Port Charles.

• Love 2

I wish Nelle were suspicious about Michael wanting to get married right away. 

Shouldn't Scott be disqualified from being Bensch's attorney because of his earlier work for Ava? You'd think Bensch would want that even if legally/ethically it's okay.

I was waiting for a Felicia mention from Maxie. James does have two grandmothers.

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I did like Julian's clued-in look when he sees the picture of Mike and Charley, and ties it to Sonny suddenly wanting to buy his pub. It will go nowhere because Sonny but at least someone appears to have brains.

Same here, though Sonny wanting to buy the gastropub in the first place should have been a big clue.

• Love 2

Patrick Gibbons was like 7 when he was on OLTL, he got away with a lot due to spunk. He was never an actor but I enjoyed him in his small role. Now, uh.... well, he seems like a sweet kid.

Y'all had to bring up the silly string thing.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Patrick Gibbons was like 7 when he was on OLTL, he got away with a lot due to spunk. He was never an actor but I enjoyed him in his small role. Now, uh.... well, he seems like a sweet kid.

How old is he now?! He looks 6! (I was going to ask before how the hell old he actually was, since he looks 6 and all.)

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Heiny has been tied to that bed for months now. No toilet, no shower, no deodorant, no clean clothes. That cabin needs to be burned down with him in it. I know this is a soap but couldn’t they make some mention of SOME KIND of accommodation for those things? Yuck people!!

I don't know, do we really want to hear about Obrecht collecting his poop and giving him spongebaths?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I'm telling you, people taken hostage on soaps  have no bodily functions from the waist down and never smell like normal humans.

This always bugs me too....seriously. Talk about stench.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish Nelle were suspicious about Michael wanting to get married right away. 

Does this mean Michael intends to have his wife locked away in a mental institution forever as soon as she gives birth?

39 minutes ago, jsbt said:

he seems like a sweet kid.

He really is. Or was when I met him just before OLTL ended. Very sweet, well-mannered and appreciative of the fan support.

2 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

I'm telling you, people taken hostage on soaps  have no bodily functions from the waist down and never smell like normal humans.

This always bugs me too....seriously. Talk about stench.

See, they missed a perfect opportunity to do an advert/storyline on Depends undergarments.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, jsbt said:

How could I ignore all that campy goodness...happening at the same time that Echo was 100% going to murder Dorian, with Robin Strasser projecting terrified with just her eyes.  It's suuuch a weird scene.  But anyway...

• Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

He turns 12 on Saturday.

I guess he’ll be dating Emma soon. That said, he was really good on OLTL. He was a little kid spouting adult dialogue. I thought he was hysterical. He’s okay here but not great. I don’t know if he’s acted much since OLTL ended. You could tell that Howarth & Easton loved working with him. I’m assuming Wyatt will leave the canvas once Peter is caught. Unless, Wyatt is someone’s kid on the canvas that we are unaware of. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I guess he’ll be dating Emma soon. That said, he was really good on OLTL. He was a little kid spouting adult dialogue. I thought he was hysterical. He’s okay here but not great. I don’t know if he’s acted much since OLTL ended. You could tell that Howarth & Easton loved working with him. I’m assuming Wyatt will leave the canvas once Peter is caught. Unless, Wyatt is someone’s kid on the canvas that we are unaware of. 

Hey, if Spencer comes back for a visit, he'll need a new "rival." 

9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Keep AJ's name OUT OF YOUR TRASH MOUTH, SONNY!

Unless he's going to go to the police and say "I confess to killing AJ Quartermaine."  But, Sonny taking responsibility for his actions will never happen.

• Love 6

The "I am usually soooo amazing" speech from Carly is always  nauseating.  So was Sonny telling Jason what a great planner (!!!) Michael was for knowing just how to hurt him after he killed AJ. as casually as saying that it may rain tomorrow. Jason joins Sonny as scum for their treatment of AJ.

The "I'm worried that Michael is marrying Nelle" line was a strange delivery from SBu because he emphasized 'Nelle' rather than 'marrying'. Who else is Michael going to marry?

The best part was Obrecht talking about using kinky sex to get over her son's death and Franco getting nauseous.  Yes, they're the villains but they are more entertaining than the "heroes".

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The "I'm worried that Michael is marrying Nelle" line was a strange delivery from SBu because he emphasized 'Nelle' rather than 'marrying'. Who else is Michael going to marry?

Also, doesn't Jason know about this dumb plan? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.)

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, doesn't Jason know about this dumb plan? (I haven't seen today's ep yet.)

MIchael confided in Jason today, but CarSon don't know that it's a plannnnnn.  so Jason got his panties in a bunch and had to go and be talked down by Sam.  

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Well I guess that answers the question. Jason does know that Sonny killed AJ. Sonny said it nonchalantly that he killed him in front of Jason and Michael.

That's still bothering me. In that conversation, Michael out and out called Sonny his father and didn't display any kind of body or facial twitch that might indicate that he was even slightly uncomfortable with Sonny so casually discussing the murder of a blood relative.

I hope Nelle knows how to operate a crane and can take out Sonny, Jason, and Michael in one mighty swing.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Keep AJ's name OUT OF YOUR TRASH MOUTH, SONNY!

What a weird conversation that was.  He's talking to the man's brother and son and says it so casually, like it's not an issue that he killed him.  and it was said in praise of Michael.  

Sonny:  When I killed AJ, Michael got angry and found a way to hurt me by taking Avery, so I know that if he sets his sights on Nelle, he'll pull it off.  

And MIchael doesn't flinch, like it's just part oftheir history.  

56 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The "I am usually soooo amazing" speech from Carly is always  nauseating.

It was, but at the same time, I understood what she was saying.  She's usually the winner but here she let Nelle get under skin, which wouldn't normally have happened.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 2

It's bad for my blood pressure to think about Jason's total lack of response to Sonny's admission of murdering AJ, so I'm gonna slide right past that to focus on how disconcerted he was by the news that Michael is partnering with the PCPD to take down Nelle. Anyone else would probably be comforted knowing Michael has the police on his side, but since Jason wouldn't give a cop the time without Diane present, he is naturally suspicious and worried that Michael's making a mistake.

Carly admitting that putting on a phony display for Nelle was the "first time she felt like herself in months" is basically her acknowledging that she is thoroughly manipulative and disingenuous. And worse than that acknowledgement is her taking PRIDE in her awfulness and wearing it like a badge of honor.

My poor Chase, stuck ludicrously professing his love to Nelle. She should really be more suspicious of both Chase and Michael's behavior. She may not be the most adept schemer, but she should be smart enough to recognize the weirdness both men are exuding.

• Love 16

Carly talking about how she always wins and Morgan's death was the first time she's really lost felt strange since her early years on the show were about Poor Carly and how bad her life had been since Bobbie gave her away.

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

What a weird conversation that was.  He's talking to the man's brother and son and says it so casually, like it's not an issue that he killed him.  and it was said in praise of Michael. 

That's how Sonny sees it and Jason agrees. AJ was worth nothing,  bug to be squished beneath their shoes.  Sadly Michael has bought into it.  It makes them, and Carly, awful people.

Sam was so close to pointing out Jason's codependency with Carly and Michael but she just couldn't get there.

Are Sam and Curtis really going to be checking out shoe stores looking for Obrecht's shoes?  What about buying things off the internet?

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Linny said:

, but since Jason wouldn't give a cop the time without Diane present, he is naturally suspicious and worried that Michael's making a mistake.

Yes, but you know that's how it will work out.  Chase and JOrdan will mess up, Michael will almost die for real.  Jason will save the day.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Jason hears Sonny killed AJ in cold blood and predictably, he blinks and stares because he's hopeless. Not that the PCPD is any great shakes, but Michael working with them in what passes in this show as a legit sting, would comfort any normal person. But this is Jason. How dare law enforcement infringe on his and greasy's illegal escapades. Inevitably the police will do something wrong and the mobsters will swoop in to save the day. Up is down. Right is wrong. Criminals are heroes. This wannabe Sopranos bullshit should've ended ten plus years ago. 

Once again Sam had to remind Jason of HIS OWN CHILDREN. Yeah run right into the arms of that guy, Sam. Jason was then big enough to include them in the "I'd do anything to protect my kids" bit. No you wouldn't. You haven't. Unless its Michael or Carly/Carly's spawn, you don't do shit for anybody. Even then you don't do the one thing you should do which is not be a criminal. The ultimate karma I want to see play out for Jason is for either Jake or Danny to have the same type of injury he did. Then they can wake up, detest Jason, everything he stands for, reject his love and treat him like complete shit until the day he dies. They can still love their mothers though. They've been through enough. 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

Unless he's going to go to the police and say "I confess to killing AJ Quartermaine."  But, Sonny taking responsibility for his actions will never happen.

Well there’s nothing the police can do about it he already was sentenced for his murder and pardoned, as much as I like Sonny it was weird seeing him talk about killing AJ so casually 

• Love 2

I enjoyed Curtis's "babies need sleep" retort to Sam when she called him a whiner about being awakened at the crack of dawn. 

1 hour ago, Linny said:

My poor Chase, stuck ludicrously professing his love to Nelle. She should really be more suspicious of both Chase and Michael's behavior. She may not be the most adept schemer, but she should be smart enough to recognize the weirdness both men are exuding.

I know. Of course Michael will win—that's a given—but they don't have to stack the deck so heavily against Nelle. This show has been doing that a lot—when it's not having things both way, that is.

"Nelle is in a league of her own!" Oh, Jason. She really isn't. And gross that Michael doesn't want Nelle, his baby's mother, to have equal say in their baby's upbringing. Then maybe you should have worn a condom or five, eh, Michael? Gah. I'm no fan of Nelle's but this is really gross. Oh, and LOL that a prenup will be the big undoing of Nelle. 

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Sonny:  When I killed AJ, Michael got angry and found a way to hurt me by taking Avery, so I know that if he sets his sights on Nelle, he'll pull it off.  

And MIchael doesn't flinch, like it's just part of their history.  

WTF WAS I LISTENING TO? The takeaway from Sonny killing AJ is that Michael is a good strategist? Sonny and Michael are patting Michael on the back for getting custody to Avery, which cut Sonny to the quick, so good job there, Michael? I just...I'm...It's...

I wonder how long it will take Sam and Curtis to put two and two together and figure out it's Liesl who took Peter. I can't believe no one has even floated the idea.

Why is Sam getting packages at the MetroCourt? Is that where the PI office is?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gp1999 said:

Well there’s nothing the police can do about it he already was sentenced for his murder and pardoned, as much as I like Sonny it was weird seeing him talk about killing AJ so casually 

I don't watch enough to know these things.  I go through cycles and when the show makes me mad I stop watching for a while. So, I thought he got away with it other than Michael finding out.  But, if he was pardoned I guess he did get away with it.

What is especially gross about Sonny's comments on AJ is that he has zero remorse or even awareness that he did anything wrong.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"Nelle is in a league of her own!" Oh, Jason. She really isn't. And gross that Michael doesn't want Nelle, his baby's mother, to have equal say in their baby's upbringing. Then maybe you should have worn a condom or five, eh, Michael? Gah. I'm no fan of Nelle's but this is really gross. Oh, and LOL that a prenup will be the big undoing of Nelle.

He really is the child of Carly and Sonny. Now Michael is collecting children too.

Nelle is only in a league of her own because her plots are so very lame.  Young Carly would have actually slept with Sonny while he was drunk.  Speaking of lame strategies, a pre-nup is just going to make sure that Nelle clings on to him even harder.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder how long it will take Sam and Curtis to put two and two together and figure out it's Liesl who took Peter. I can't believe no one has even floated the idea.

I bet no one else in Port Charles wears shoes like that as opposed to four inch heels. Much less someone who has a motive like hers.

• Love 1