Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

When was the last time anyone in Port Charles used birth control?

There was also whatever prophylactic failure made Emma possible.

I have a vague memory of Jason ripping open a condom wrapper with his teeth. That was probably the one and only time I found him hot. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that was with Carly, so a hundred years ago.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

What fraud did LWB/FS commit? It's no crime to use another name as long as you aren't doing it for illegal purposes, and the work he did for Aurora was legit. Sam, you're the nimrod who didn't do her proper due diligence. 

And unlike Sam, Drew and Nina, Peter is probably qualified for his job. Peter may have legally changed his name to Peter for all Sam knows.

• Love 5

I still say it's a damned good thing I stopped watching. Because, even reading, the Anna shit has me at blackout levels of rage. And van Etten and Altman can keep right up with dismissing fans on Twitter about it while I laugh at the ratings going deeper and deeper into the cellar.

If this show keeps going as it is, The Chew may not be the only show that is just a memory.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

What fraud did LWB/FS commit? It's no crime to use another name as long as you aren't doing it for illegal purposes, and the work he did for Aurora was legit. Sam, you're the nimrod who didn't do her proper due diligence.

Does knowledge of Faison's crimes and failure to tell the police count?

On the other hand, Sam and Drew should be grateful to him because other than possibly Maxie, he's the only one at that company who was halfway competent. And that includes Lulu.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

If he told her, it was offscreen.

Why are they tanking Kiki's #MeToo storyline?  There was sympathy for what she was going through with Bensch but now she's slept with her mother's boyfriend (so she thinks), the man her mother said she loves.  Is the show that misogynistic that it has to make the woman the bad one even here?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Does knowledge of Faison's crimes and failure to tell the police count?

That's not fraud, though. Maybe accessory or accessory after the fact, depending on Peter's involvement.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is the show that misogynistic that it has to make the woman the bad one even here?

Yep. But I'm sure the show thinks it's adding layers to the story. And apparently Ava has to get punished along the way.

• Love 8

How did I miss the fact that Anna and Faison knew each other when they were kids?  That his mother was her nanny?  Given how much older he was than her, that makes his fascination even creepier.

I know that Griffin left the priesthood, but he seems to have left the Catholic church altogether and dumped his morals down the drain.  He knows that Kiki is upset and has been drinking, and yet still invites her up to his room and sleeps with her. What, two hours after he broke up with her mother?  Dude, you have no moral authority to pass judgement on anyone ever again.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

God, this.  Her whole smug "I've got the goods on you" attitude was so in keeping with the way she's been since Jason's been back.  That "I'm right, because I say so, and you're wrong, because I say so" way of thinking they (Jason, Sam, Sonny, Carly, even Spinelli) have is beyond groteseque.

I liked the Dante/Lulu scenes a lot. I don't think he was unfair or too hard on her by any stretch. She didn't do any independent research. She did buy—hook, line, and sinker—whatever LWB/FS told her, not to mention Anna and Jason, who had their own agendas. 

But, but, but...Peter told her she has great reporter instincts.  You mean he might've been playing her???  Maybe Lulu, Girl Reporter, can write an op-ed piece about it.

• Love 9

I like Peter, don't care if he's Satan's son, and I would like some kind of concrete proof that he ever committed a crime.  If he'd kept his mouth shut there would be absolutely zero evidence of any kind that he did anything wrong.  Nothing.  They only have deduction and supposition outside of his own words.  I mean, there wasn't even an indication that he existed, much less evidence that he's ever committed a crime.  

And WSB is not a Federal Law Enforcement agency.  It's an international espionage organization.  I want to know where they get the authority that they use to arrest and imprison people.  For real.  Interpol doesn't exist as a nation unto itself, they report to people.  Who does the WSB report to?  Obviously they just do whatever the fuck they want, but there should be SOMEONE outside their little clique of spy buddies badly overseeing this crap.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't get why Lauren hasn't asked any of the other women in the most general terms if they've been harassed. That wouldn't end the story.

It makes Kiki look dumb and uninformed that she hasn't connected the dots and asked other women at GH but maybe he hasn't harassed anyone but Kiki. Harassment doesn't seem to be a hot topic at GH, either.

• Love 1

Does Bentsch (within the world of General Hospital) have a long history at General Hospital? He slid onto the canvas so casually that I'm not even sure. Didn't he first appear during Sam's cat-feces storyline? I was under the impression he is supposed to be a recent addition to the staff, within the last year or so, not someone who had been working at GH and living in PC for ages and just never appearing onscreen.

So, if he moved there from another hospital or even another state, it could be harder to talk to other women who have worked with him, and it's more plausible that Kiki is his first target.  

• Love 1

How did I miss the fact that Anna and Faison knew each other when they were kids?  That his mother was her nanny?  Given how much older he was than her, that makes his fascination even creepier.

Double whiplash points for Faison having risen in the ranks to the upper-echalons of DVX by the time that Anna was a mere trainee in the WSB.

Yesterday, Show actually resembled a soap opera.  Extra credit points to the tear ducts of Anna and Valentine.  Oh Valentine - you are no longer in hell.  You have been relieved of Nina duty.  You have been relieved of Nina duty.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

One of the things that bothers me is that they don't mine the familial relationships that exist on the show. Sam and Kiki are cousins! Does anyone even remember that? I think she might be able to help her.

Sam likes da men and da men like Sam. But most of all, Sam is besotted with emotionless Jason. Her underwear, if she's wearing any, practically buzzes with electricity around him. I think Sam is indifferent to most people except Jason. She just doesn't care. Even her own kids most of the time are secondary. I don't know if she would even understand Kiki's problem, because Sam is used to being lusted after herself, and likes it in an unconscious way. I was amused that the show left her dressed like a showboat madam for so long, running around Crimson and GH risking a wardrobe misfunction.

Most hilarious were all the scenes in which Sam was earnestly updating Jason on many details and shocks while he stared carefully at her face instead of her chest and overflowing breasts like the rest of us. Not a good way to prove how competent you are as a PI, Honey, while distracting with your half-naked charms.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Poor Maxie.

Maxie has had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into adulthood. A shallow fashion puppet, she's played with fire and lost several times in her life, virtually abandoning her first baby to be brought up by cuckoo Spinelli and his busy wife, and volunteering to be a surrogate before that without checking thoroughly to see if she had any heart issues with it (since she had a heart transplant as a child). It's a good thing that none of her previous medical issues popped up when she chose to give birth in a field after partying at the Nurses' Ball and ignoring hints from the baby about its intentions to be born. And she's probably flirting with postpartum depression of some sort after learning about Peter's big lies and feeling betrayal. Yes...... poor Maxie.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I can totally see Lauren getting pregnant with Griffin's baby. It gives him a story, and Ava apparently hasn't been punished enough.

I can see that and raise you this: Ava and Griffin will get back together, with Griffin sweating out a reveal. Kiki will be puking her brains out in the early morning rounds with Dr Sleeze, or he will manage to seduce her so she can plead he's the daddy and give Ava and Griffin's relationship a pass for reasons.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

And she's probably flirting with postpartum depression of some sort after learning about Peter's big lies and feeling betrayal.

I really don't think PPD needs to be included in a "Why [Someone] Sucks" list.

• Love 10
(edited)

I seem to recall Faison's mother being Anna's Nanny as something from the old days but I could be remembering wrong.

I also think I remember a nasty court case where Maxie tried to get custody of Georgie but like all TFGH court cases except those involving Carly, it went against Maxie for unfair reasons..

5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

So if he moved there from another hospital or even another state, it could be harder to talk to other women who have worked with him, and it's more plausible that Kiki is his first target.  

But some women at GH would have experienced that kind of harassment and could have normalized Kiki' s experience. I remember in college being told not to speak with a male professor in his office with the door closed or if that's not possible,  let him know that I'm recording the conversation.

Coincidentally,  Jessica Walther said in an interview with the New York Times that Jeffrey Tambor harassed her on the set of Arrested Development and her male colleagues didn't do a thing to hell her.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Very good episode, regardless of how you feel about the characters.  The culmination of lives being shattered, in that two minute musical montage to end the episode, was well done.  Nice touch with Valentin spilling his glass all over the floor.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

Very good episode, regardless of how you feel about the characters.  The culmination of lives being shattered, in that two minute musical montage to end the episode, was well done.  Nice touch with Valentin spilling his glass all over the floor.

Added plus was no barware was harmed in the making of that scene.  Had that been a scene with Sonny, that lovely glass would've ended up shattered in the fireplace.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Ugh, I can totally see Lauren getting pregnant with Griffin's baby. It gives him a story, and Ava apparently hasn't been punished enough.

Griffin so impregnated Kiki yesterday.  I'm actually looking forward to that possibility, could make for one of the best S/Ls this show has seen in ages.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I seem to recall Faison's mother being Anna's Nanny as something from the old days but I could be remembering wrong.

Same here. I don't remember if it's a retcon, but yesterday wasn't the first time it was mentioned. 

6 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Yesterday, Show actually resembled a soap opera.  Extra credit points to the tear ducts of Anna and Valentine.  Oh Valentine - you are no longer in hell.  You have been relieved of Nina duty.  You have been relieved of Nina duty.

Yeah, all things considered it was a pretty good episode.  They came very close to salvaging this shit storm of an Anna/Peter/Henrik S/L.

1 minute ago, Winston Wolfe said:

They came very close to salvaging this shit storm of an Anna/Peter/Henrik S/L.

NOTHING will salvage that craptastic, shitastic storyline except for revealing that Anna's "child" by Faison was a tock, and that Valentin stole a different baby to pass him off as Anna's.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, BlueMax said:

Very good episode, regardless of how you feel about the characters.  The culmination of lives being shattered, in that two minute musical montage to end the episode, was well done.

Yeah, we don't often see multiple characters affected by plot, even when it's supposed to be an umbrella story.

I still want to know what Lulu was typing on her computer while her eyeliner and mascara ran down her cheeks. (Also, really, Makeup? It's 2018.)

• Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I have a vague memory of Jason ripping open a condom wrapper with his teeth. That was probably the one and only time I found him hot. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that was with Carly, so a hundred years ago.

You can find it on YouTube and yes, it was HAWT! Jason and SJBCarly, in a room above Jakes's, after playing pool.

And I'm confused regarding Jason/Robin/protection. I have a vivid memory of Jason and Robin, cuddling post-"coitus" in Montauk, and her asking him if it was good for him. He responded, "Why, because there was no penetration?" 

Faison's mother being Anna's nanny was not a retcon. Still, I wonder whatever happened to Anna's bi-racial half-brother, Gabriel (from the AMC Devane saga)?

Edited by TheMediaHo

I didn't think they could make Ava any more feeble or desperate, and then today happened. I just want to sit her down and explain to her that she shouldn't have to get naked to attract a man's interest, and that a man's sexual desire for her is no substitute for the love she craves. 

Nelle did a pretty good job selling her story to Joss up until she crowed over the situation bringing her closer to Michael. If Joss were smart, she'd pick up that as a tell-tale sign than Nelle engineered the dominoes to fall in exactly this way for this exact purpose.

They shouldn't tease me with the possibility of Carly going to prison when there's not a snowball's chance in hell it'll happen, but I am kind of enjoying watching Sonny and Carly sweat. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Griffin having sex with Ava mere hours after sleeping with her daughter, that's quite the honorable, morally upstanding GOOD MAN you got there, Show.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Linny said:

If Joss were smart, she'd pick up that as a tell-tale sign than Nelle engineered the dominoes to fall in exactly this way for this exact purpose.

She's not.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Griffin having sex with Ava mere hours after sleeping with her daughter, that's quite the honorable, morally upstanding GOOD MAN you got there, Show.

In the same bed, no less.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think there was a shower, but no changed sheets.

Meanwhile, the last person I remember pulling this move was Carly, who went from (ewww) Limo Sex with Sonny to a shower to sex with Jax.  And at least she had SOMETHING of an excuse given her trauma over Michael.  But Griffin did this because he was mad Ava sang a song?  Whaaaaaaaaa?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Man oh man, this show hates Ava.  They have her rightfully dump Griffin, but then backtrack and return to the room 8 minutes later to beg him back.  Then the next morning they have her show up and declare that she didn't mean all those nasty thing she said.  When that doesn't seem to do the trick, she comes back 10 minutes later, naked, to seduce him. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I thought Faison's mother was Holly's nanny?

I can’t recall if Anna lied to Holly when Anna first appeared on the show, but I remember her telling Holly they had the same nanny. And yes, Faison’s mother was Anna’s nanny from that one flashback I recall wheee a youngish Faison was creepily watching Anna. Or something.

• Love 2

Anyone else think MIchael finally bought a clue and is on to Nelle.  That last conversation where he said he would be working from home so he could be there for her and the baby made me think he wants to keep a close eye on her.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Anyone else think MIchael finally bought a clue and is on to Nelle.  That last conversation where he said he would be working from home so he could be there for her and the baby made me think he wants to keep a close eye on her.  

I think he has.

Also, how is Spinelli trying to find the blanket? If it's not in the cloud, he's useless.

• Love 2

I'm amused by how easy Joss, Sonny and maybe Michael find it to believe that Carly is nuts.  How exactly is Spinelli looking for the baby blanket?  Did he put out a request on Craig's list?

Where was this anti-mob judge when we needed him over the past 20 years?

I liked Drew and his pain telling Kim that she doesn't deserve to be an afterthought. He really, really hates Jason if he wants all the memories erased without anything to replace them. And that's all on Jason and his behaviour since he got back.

Is Bensch going to rape Kiki and there's a WTD story coming up?

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I dunno, I think it's more cementing the value Michael is placing on the baby (him/her versus his mother) and thus why Nelle, I presume, will steal Baby (who?).

I seriously can't believe Nelle was in the hospital and Maxie went into labor and there was no switch.  Booo!

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is Bensch going to rape Kiki and there's a WTD story coming up?

What would be soapier if if Kiki found out she was prgnant, wanted to protect Griffin and set up Bench.  Sleeps with Bensch then claims rape and the baby is proof.  (Orange is the New Black did it)

6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

why Nelle, I presume, will steal Baby (who?).

But why would she?  I would think she would steal Baby (who?) only if she lost hers and was trying to replace him/her.

7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I seriously can't believe Nelle was in the hospital and Maxie went into labor and there was no switch.  Booo!

Thank Goodness.  Maxie's been through enough, she doesn't need to lose her baby too.  

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But why would she?  I would think she would steal Baby (who?) only if she lost hers and was trying to replace him/her.

Thank Goodness.  Maxie's been through enough, she doesn't need to lose her baby too.  

That's what I'm saying - Michael is drawing closer and closer to her because of the baby so, I'm guessing, she'll lose the baby sometime soon and then steal Baby (who?) to replace it.

I'd take Maxie crying over her "dead baby" (because I would have wanted hers to not be the tock) versus what she is crying over, fuckin' LWB/FS.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Michael is drawing closer and closer to her because of the baby so, I'm guessing, she'll lose the baby sometime soon and then steal Baby (who?) to replace it.*

Ah got it.  I didn't realize you meant she would lose the baby and need to go shopping for another one (at Babies R Us!)

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Perkie said:

What would be soapier if if Kiki found out she was prgnant, wanted to protect Griffin and set up Bench.  Sleeps with Bensch then claims rape and the baby is proof.  (Orange is the New Black did it)

Would Bensch have legal rights over the baby?  I know that in some jurisdictions rapists do even when it's rape.  I would be too afraid that Bensch would claim visitation or maybe even joint custody (he's an established doctor with pots of money while Kiki is a lowly medical student) to try that.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think he has.

Also, how is Spinelli trying to find the blanket? If it's not in the cloud, he's useless.

I'm with you on that, but I think I remember Nitwit Nelle saying that she watching a youtube video on how to knit and that's how she learned.  If that really was the case, you just know that Spinelli will find the video in her history.  And, with this fakakta show, I'm betting Griffin will find the blanket in Ava's stuff and that will be the end of them... after she cries and begs St. Griffin's forgiveness, of course. 

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I think that is the case. Or maybe I'm just hoping Michael isn't that stupid.  Between how dumb Michael, Morgan, and Joss are, it's clear Carly's stupid genes run deep.

1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Yes. I believe Lulu may have alluded to having an abortion, subtlely.

Nevermind. I'm an idiot.... but not as dumb as one of Carly's offpring.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 3
On 5/23/2018 at 5:22 PM, TeeVee329 said:

So is it time to dismiss Maxie and Baby Boy West from Baby Swap 2018?

I can't imagine it is. The baby is small now and needs to be in the NICU for a bit. When Nelle delivers a lifeless tock, it will be about the same size as Little Jay (you know that's coming.)

(edited)
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I still want to know what Lulu was typing on her computer while her eyeliner and mascara ran down her cheeks. (Also, really, Makeup? It's 2018.)

As an old school GH fan, Lulu's mascara cracked me up. Her mother was famous for her dripping melodramatic eye makeup when she was a teenager. (I'm talking the murdering David Hamilton/ falling into Scotty's arms, days). 

On the topic of the Kiffin sex -- If I were the head writer, my storyline would be that they both just try to stay away from each other. Out of guilt, Griffin goes back to Ava, and Kiki continues to deal with Dr. Perv. Eventually, with her mother's support, she turns him in. At the hospital or criminal hearing, with Ava watching, it comes out that she slept with Griffin. Shock! Horror! 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 2