Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

But this is the soap where Elizabeth is an ER, OR, and med-surg nurse depending on the story line.  Has she done pediatrics as well?  Nursery?  

But they showed Liz going to school to learn to be a surgical nurse, though. It was during VauhnLucky's tenure, where he got addicted and thought that Liz and Patrick were having an affair. So the things that she can do, she actually...can? Unless I dreamed up all of 2006-2008?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

New detective dude is my hero.  He refused to be bullied by Sonny and Dante.  And he looks a lot like Griffin.  I think I may be in love.

Uh huh.  He's hawt.  And I'm old enough to be his........well, I'm old enough.  And he's a Red Sox fan!  Sorry, fans of other teams ?; but I'm from MA, so that's a given.  -----   Yes, he does resemble Griffin - but is way cuter, I think.  -------   And he sure itsn't intimidated by all the Corinthi.  When has that ever happened??

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, OnceSane said:
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is the new detective Maxie's new cop?

I hope not.  He'll be dead in six months.

LOL. I hope the show remembers that. It's one of the few reasons I can see her with Peter (until she finds out he's Heinrich).

5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

And he sure itsn't intimidated by all the Corinthi.  When has that ever happened??

That happens a lot with the newbies, then they kiss the ring like everyone else. Enjoy it while it lasts.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That happens a lot with the newbies, then they kiss the ring like everyone else. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Exactly.  Eventually, he'll either decide Sonny and Jason are totes cool, or he'll turn out to be evil or incompetent or both.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But they showed Liz going to school to learn to be a surgical nurse, though. It was during VauhnLucky's tenure, where he got addicted and thought that Liz and Patrick were having an affair. So the things that she can do, she actually...can? Unless I dreamed up all of 2006-2008?

Yes.  Elizabeth entered the nurses program in 2004 after she returned to town with baby Cam which was the end of BH's maternity leave.  Patrick was helping Elizabeth become a surgical nurse in 2006, when Lucky thought the two were having an affair.  Ass hole.  

I would rather see Elizabeth juggling being a single mother, going to medical school, dealing with Audrey getting older and trying to find time to date.  Max Holden/Dr.Bensch/JDP should have been cast as Dr. Jeffrey Webber and that would have taken some of the pressure off of never seeing Audrey and him bonding with Cam, Jake and Aiden and Elizabeth having abandonment issues.  Lots of stories for Elizabeth/BH that has zero to do with being paired romantically with a serial killing rapist. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

It actually took me a few minutes to think why Sonny and Carly would even have anything to do with Brad/Lucas' potential baby. And hey, Lucas and Brad, your other sister was married to Jason Morgan, so you aren't clean there, either. Honestly, I don't think Lucas and Brad would be too high on anyone's list of potential adoptive parents, because of their multiple levels of family history of mob life.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

… still, clearly Sonny being a mobster isn't some big secret.  And yet Brad and Lucas want a letter from Mrs. Sonny Corinthos in their file?  Whaaa?

One of the first things we learned about Brad was that his family ran the underworld in the Asian Quarter of Port Chuck. Why didn't he mention any of that? (at least to let Julian know it wasn't just his history that was questionable.) (I'm still team Julian, as opposed to team Sonny.)

• Love 7

The only issue that I have with the new detective is that the show should have cut at least five pets / gets, because the show is still bloated.   

I love Brad!  I just wish the show would simply get rid of five to ten pets / gets and shore up Lucas/Brad/baby story, whateverthefuckisgoingonwithJason, Drew really motivated to uncover his past, Laura/Kevin/Mayoral race, CarSon exploding permanently over Carly tampering with Avery's DNA test in favor of Sonny, Sonny and Kim hitting the sheets, Oscar is really transgender, Nina/Nelle can be mother daughter and lots of soapy drama.

I mean, Brad's biological ties to the Wu mobsters might not be public, on record, whatever since he was adopted and legitimately has no relationship with them.  But would I be shocked these writers forgot about that biological tie existing at all?  Not really.

• Love 2

I'm no Julian fan, but seriously, Joss needs to check her attitude. This party could have been held at one of Sonny's locations, like the coffee house no one works at anymore for instance. Why do you go to someone's place and give them attitude? 

Nelle is a fucking idiot.

The Mike actor did a good job with all kinds of emotions. NuDetective standing up to Sonny was great. Of course, the writers had to do that using poor confused Mike, because you know, Sonny is so concerned for his sick father, and Detective who looks like Griffin's long lost brother is inhuman and an asshole for sticking to the rules.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Joss needs to check her attitude. This party could have been held at one of Sonny's locations, like the coffee house no one works at anymore for instance. Why do you go to someone's place and give them attitude? 

Ugh, she really is her mother's daughter.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

NuDetective standing up to Sonny was great.

He finds out that Sonny is "the most powerful mob boss in New York" (LOL) and also Dante's father, he gets screamed at because—Jasus forbid—he's following police procedure, and he's probably wishing he worked anywhere but Port Charles. 

The Carly-gaslighting story is happening way too fast. She should be irritated at this point, not freaked out. She's had three prank calls. Block the number and move on. 

I was surprised Carly didn't get in a dig at Ava when she was telling Jason how Morgan died.

I know I should feel sorry for Sonny, but he's been so awful to Mike for so long that his regret now is very weak sauce. You know what you can do for Mike, Sonny? You can stop treating like he's a burden and start showing him the humanity you demanded of NuDetective.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, teenj12 said:

I know Nelle is just trying to make a play, but the fact that a high schooler has to sit across from her and explain very slowly why naming her baby Morgan is a bad idea... just makes her look super pathetic. Can this character be written off soon???

I hate how the Carly and Sonny have taken hostage of the Quartermaine name "Morgan". If Nelle is carrying Michael's baby, it is far more appropiate for that child to have that name than Carly and Sonny's spawn. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I hate how the Carly and Sonny have taken hostage of the Quartermaine name "Morgan". If Nelle is carrying Michael's baby, it is far more appropiate for that child to have that name than Carly and Sonny's spawn. 

But Michael doesn't want his child to be named Morgan so I don't know why she keeps on insisting that will be the name. She wants to name her child out of spite and it is not earning her any brownie points with Michael.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, nilyank said:

But Michael doesn't want his child to be named Morgan so I don't know why she keeps on insisting that will be the name. She wants to name her child out of spite and it is not earning her any brownie points with Michael.

I am just saying, Sonny and Carly hijacking the name Morgan away from the Qs is just another thing they have stolen away from them.

• Love 1

That whole scene in the police dept was ridiculous. Mike is obviously distressed and confused. Sonny told the new guy about his diagnosis. Get Griffin on the phone and either take Mike to GH or to Sonny's. Or get Diane. She'd be all over this. If he freaks out overnight in a jail cell, it could be bad. An Alzheimer's patient in a jail cell. Get Ava there to drop charges. The man is so obviously suffering from something. Stress makes it worse. This whole scene upset and irritated me. 

Edited by seasons
  • Love 4

One of the things that keeps police from misusing their power is following the procedural rules. NewCop's hands are tied if they want him to be a good cop rather than a corrupt, Corinthos-ring-kissing one.

Call Jordan and leave it in the police commisioner's hands. Let her make the call, or call a judge an say it's special circumstances and he needs to make an exception.

It's bs that suddenly Mike gets really bad just so that Sonny has his manpain and can yell at a cop who has no power in the situation. But confused and distressed people being thrown into a jail cell?  Not unusual. Too often they get beat up too.

• Love 4

I don't know why Dante is stuck looking after Mike, especially during P.D. work hours.  Mike should be hospitalized in a secure ward, or Sonny should be the one staying with him.  But Sonny had to go home and look for sympathy for his horrible situation. 

It's a payphone in the middle of nowhere!  <rme> 

Avery could figure out Nelle's plaaan.  Why waste St. Jasus on it?  Shouldn't he get back to be ambivalent about Sam?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

She's heard Michael speak about his bio father (although can't recall if he said "AJ" to her). So, she could have a win/win by honoring Michael's relationship with his father and infuriating S&C by using the initials AJ for her baby. If it's a girl, the name could be something like Alaina Jamie.  AJ would certainly approve of Michael having a baby with a woman who hates Carly, and naming that child after him. But it still seems likely there's a set up for Nelle to have a miscarriage and for Carly to somehow be responsible because Carly always thinks she's protecting Michael, and goes too far. 

• Love 1

Put me on Team New Detective Chase. For all he knows, Mike could be faking his disease. It’s not like other mob bosses or bad guys haven’t. And if Dante is sooooo concerned about his grandpa who he never met or knew, then maybe he should go private.????

I will not lie- I was ????? as Mooby watched helplessly while Chase ignored him. A slightly nicer version of Taggert. I will enjoy this until he’s killed, turned dirty or converted.

And since when are minors allowed in bars?

STFU JOSS.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

t's a gastropub!

In all seriousness, I think if it's a restaurant that has a bar, there's no problem. You just can't serve minors liquor.

It's like Applebees.

I don't why Julian is surprised by Lucas decision. Both of his adult children have told him that they want nothing to do with him.

11 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't why Julian is surprised by Lucas decision. Both of his adult children have told him that they want nothing to do with him.

I thought he seemed hurt and disappointed more than surprised.  He's accepted it but it's gotta sting to be told that he's never going to be allowed to have contact with his grandchild an if if he's asked, he should say so.  Add to that, Julian's not stupid, he knows that Sonny and Jason are going to be able to play with that kid any time they want.

• Love 4

I hated today's episode.  First off, as I expected, the Alzheimer's story is moving at lightening speed.  I expect Mike to be in an off-screen assisted living facility before we turn the clocks ahead.  I was unmoved by Sonny's pain at the PCPD and was rooting for NuCop.  And Dante can STFU with his "the man who used to sit there" speech.  This guy is there one friggin' day and Dante's acting like he shot Nathan himself.

Speaking of shutting up, Joss is so a goddamned brat.  There were other places they could've had their anti-prom (or whatever they're calling it), but they went to Julian and he agreed.  So he's doing HER a favor and if she can't just keep her mouth shut she shouldn't be involved.  Snot-nose Carly Jr.

Add to that, Julian's not stupid, he knows that Sonny and Jason are going to be able to play with that kid any time they want.

I'm expecting Carly and Sonny to be named godparents. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 5

I don't think NuCop will be bad (well, you know, the show's definition of it), but he's not on contract and he seems decent. I wouldn't be surprised if he got something else fairly quickly. 

Why was Oscar on today?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Linny said:

First week on the job and Chase has gone head to head with Sonny and learned the hard way that a Corinthos is above the rules, talk about a baptism by fire. I do feel sorry for Mike, but I don't at all blame Chase for trying to do things by the book. And of course Dante is already negatively comparing Chase to Nathan after only knowing the guy for a few days.

I still like Ava and Griffin, but discussions of love and describing it as flying kind of makes me cringe. I'm also horribly distracted by the art in Ava's gallery and can't stop paying it attention (they kissed in front of a robot tangled in vines, WTF?)

Hitting the bull's eye again, Linny. Enjoying every one of your posts.

I really like the story of Ava and Griffin's love. Ava deserves an upbeat story that Sonny can't spoil or outlaw for her, and the actress is so --stunning--to look at. The art in the gallery is just abominable.

• Love 1

It doesn't make me like Carly, or (in retrospect) Morgan, but that Carly monologue about the day of Morgan's death was seriously good writing, and Laura Wright acted it like someone who knew it was.  Way more moving than the actual episode when those events happened, when Jelly held sway. 

Edit: So was Dante's scene in the interrogation room with Mike, and again, DZ was very good. You could see him thinking, "Should I even keep correcting him on the names? This is the way it's going to be now."   

And I think giving Dante a partner with whom he has friction off the bat is an excellent idea. So far, the actor playing NuCop is just okay -- generically good-looking, a little stiff -- but I'm going to give him and the character a chance, because this could be good.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 10

It doesn't make me like Carly, or (in retrospect) Morgan, but that Carly monologue about the day of Morgan's death was seriously good writing, and Laura Wright acted it like someone who knew it was

Barring Sonny and Carly finding a cure for cancer and volunteering full time at either a homeless shelter/hospital, I will have absolutely zero sympathy for their characters.  Their moments of reflection are all about themselves.  That 'seriously good' situational writing quickly descended into 'eye-rolling' territory when it devolved into trying to explain the inexplicable - how it wasn't the fault of a mob kingpin for his son getting killed by a bomb.  I hope that they aren't thinking about bringing Morgan back.  The return of Jason/SBu has been lackluster.  They failed to take advantage of a true villian - Faison and instead introduced a wimpy son. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, seasons said:

Geez, Ava's hair is awful.

She's a beautiful woman. I loved the way she played the scenes with Griffin when she confessed her love to him but he was not ready to return with love for her. I was riveted, having been in the same situation recently. The roller-coaster emotions of those moments were well-written and beautifully acted by both people.

• Love 3

I think it's great that Joss & her bf can hang out in bars during school hours. That said, why is Jullian taking crap from a 14 year old? It's bad enough he has to listen to Molly preach but now it's Joss. WTH?

• Love 9
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

In all seriousness, I think if it's a restaurant that has a bar, there's no problem. You just can't serve minors liquor.

This show is so goddamned cheap, they can't even try to make it look like it's also a restaurant. All I see is a BAR.

17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Brad's last excuse - that Lucas was in emergency surgery - was ridiculous.  ER physicians do not perform surgery. 

I do think we heard at some point (from someone who wasn't Lucas (who?), #eyeroll) that Lucas was applying for some kind of surgical fellowship?  So I guess he got it?  Ugh, it's so lame how his and Brad's entire life is off-screen.  And I've heard some scuttlebutt that Ryan Carnes is busy, but I have no sympathy for the show, recast then if you want Lucas to be a real part of the canvas.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Add to that, Julian's not stupid, he knows that Sonny and Jason are going to be able to play with that kid any time they want.

I'm expecting Carly and Sonny to be named godparents. 

Yeah, I think it's the hypocrisy that's bothering Julian. Plus, he has to say out loud to the adoption agency he won't be a part of the baby's life. That's a lot different from a private agreement with Brad (I think I know who he is) and Lucas (who?). 

Of course Carly and Sonny will be godparents! Who else is there?

6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

And I think giving Dante a partner with whom he has friction off the bat is an excellent idea.

I jwish the friction didn't involve Sonny and Mike. Ugh. It gives Sonny yet another opportunity to climb on his high horse and berate people, and he does that enough the way it is. NuCop could have shown a bit more discretion, but excuse him for not knowing what the "most powerful mob boss in New York" and his father look like on his first day. Not to mention complete medical histories.

8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Looks like any other pub to me :)

IT'S A GASTROPUB, PEOPLE. It serves high-end food and drink, as evidenced by the avocado toast (LOL) and the classy Corinthos coffee in every cortado.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling, as usual
  • Love 5

Someone asked a few days ago about the male nurse and Liz's pre-wedding evening and has he left the hospital.  Apparently Felix is still working there since Liz said she was glad that Pip hadn't invited him along since he would be against her marrying Franco but the show is not putting in the money to have the actor actually appear on screen.

48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Carly and Sonny will be godparents! Who else is there?

That really shows how isolated Lucas and Brad are off-screen.  Sam and Drew or Jason would be logical choices because while Lucas may reject Julian, Sam is still his half sister and he seemed to get on well with her. Plus they have a young child so if anything happened to Brad and Lucas, Sam and Drew could look after their child.  (A constant worry even after the child turns 18, who is going to look after him/her if something happens to me?) Also Sonny and Carly are getting on in years (MB is in his mid fifties) so Sonny especially could be joining Lily soon.

Liz should also have been a friend of Lucas' from working at the hospital with him.  Maybe Lucas could have been mentoring TJ, the boyfriend of Molly who was his stepsister a could of year ago.  I personally wouldn't pick Michael but he is Lucas' nephew and he's young and rich so he could help the baby in life,

Really, anyone but Sonny and Carly.

50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I jwish the friction didn't involve Sonny and Mike. Ugh. It gives Sonny yet another opportunity to climb on his high horse and berate people, and he does that enough the way it is. NuCop could have shown a bit more discretion, but excuse him for not knowing what the "most powerful mob boss in New York" and his father look like on his first day. Not to mention complete medical histories.

When he heard who Sonny was, he doubled down on the "I have to stick to the rules" because he still thinks Sonny The Mob Boss is a bad guy.  Poor deluded soul, he'll soon learn the error of his ways.

In terms of the writing, it may play to Sonny's fans to see him getting all self-righteous but for me, it strips away any sympathy I may have felt for Sonny in the situation. He's still a narcissist and a bully.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That really shows how isolated Lucas and Brad are off-screen.  Sam and Drew or Jason would be logical choices because while Lucas may reject Julian, Sam is still his half sister and he seemed to get on well with her. Plus they have a young child so if anything happened to Brad and Lucas, Sam and Drew could look after their child.  (A constant worry even after the child turns 18, who is going to look after him/her if something happens to me?) Also Sonny and Carly are getting on in years (MB is in his mid fifties) so Sonny especially could be joining Lily soon.

Liz should also have been a friend of Lucas' from working at the hospital with him.  Maybe Lucas could have been mentoring TJ, the boyfriend of Molly who was his stepsister a could of year ago.  I personally wouldn't pick Michael but he is Lucas' nephew and he's young and rich so he could help the baby in life,

Really, anyone but Sonny and Carly.

Or how about Lucas' (who?) cousins, Maxie and Lulu. or hell, even Kiki, who Lucas could be bonding with while she works at the hospital?  I mean, maybe not Lulu because getting too close might reactive the baby rabies, but Lucas has options!

*small voice* There's also Britt, were she not in jail.  Yes, yes, her moral compass is...not the greatest...but she's Brad's bestie and she never murdered anyone, SONNY *small voice*

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

Britt just lost her brother. It would be a nice gesture on Lucas' part to give her a little bit of family with his new baby. You know she'd spoil the kid like mad. They're all going to be offscreen anyway, so why not?

Speaking of Lucas' cousins ... Valerie, who apparently visits with Brad and Lucas because she saw the pamphlet on adoption when she was over there.   There are so many possibilities on Lucas' side alone.  Sonny and Carly need to stay away.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

if anything happened to Brad and Lucas, Sam and Drew could look after their child. 

Godparents are not guardians. Godparents are supposed to help with the religious instruction of their godchildren; guardians are the ones who are legally responsible if the parents died. They aren't mutually exclusive, but a guardian has a specific, legal definition.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Godparents are not guardians. Godparents are supposed to help with the religious instruction of their godchildren; guardians are the ones who are legally responsible if the parents died. They aren't mutually exclusive, but a guardian has a specific, legal definition.

Sure. But on this show, or hell, most shows, I think the writers are confusing the two, and think "godparents=Guardians." Because we sure for FUCK know Jason ain't religious, nor does he go to Church, but sure, go ahead, SheBeast, force Jax to make him Joss's Godfather. I'm soooo suuuuuure Jason would know how to instruct Joss on religion. They should just forgo all this "godparents" and just say, who will we appoint as guardians? Then again, we wouldn't have the blood baths while said child is being baptized.

• Love 2

I know Nelle is just trying to make a play, but the fact that a high schooler has to sit across from her and explain very slowly why naming her baby Morgan is a bad idea... just makes her look super pathetic. Can this character be written off soon???

If only Nelle had arrived as a Quartermaine and received proper training from Tracy.  I miss JE.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Britt just lost her brother. It would be a nice gesture on Lucas' part to give her a little bit of family with his new baby.

It certainly would be nice for Brad, who apparently has no other friends or family of his own because this show stinks.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

NuCop could have shown a bit more discretion, but excuse him for not knowing what the "most powerful mob boss in New York" and his father look like on his first day.

Who doesn't Google their new partner before starting a new job? Even a light interwebs stalking would reveal the Dante/Sonny relationship.  

At minimum, any partner assigned to Dante should get a heads-up that the guy is related to the head of the local mafia and that he "accidentally shot himself" in Sonny's living room.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

Naming someone a godparent can also be a way to recognize a special relationship. Note I said godparents are "supposed" to help with religious upbringing, not required.

1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

If only Nelle had arrived as a Quartermaine and received proper training from Tracy.  I miss JE.

Oh, such a good idea. Tracy would never put up with this prank phone call nonsense.

• Love 2

It's kind of gross for Scotty to be joking with Franco about getting strippers for his bachelor party (which, who in Port Charles would even want to go to Franco's bachelor party?) when Sonny got his daughter hooked on drugs and got her into stripping. 

Felicia, really? She couldn't give Maxie a minute to breathe and adjust to her new reality as a widow before adding more stress to her pregnant daughter? Maxie doesn't need to know right this minute that her unborn child could possibly inherit Huntington's. It doesn't show up until later in life anyway.  

• Love 4

Liz has become so pathetic in this relationship with Franco, it's honestly kinda hard to watch.  I cringed at that line she had about her taking hours and hours to get beautiful FOR HIM while he just slapped on a suit.

And sigh, my beloved Scotty, I know being Franco's dad gets him on-screen, but oh how it wounds me.

But at least there were plenty of anvils raining down that there's trouble ahead.  Thank gawd.

• Love 4