Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I remember reading somewhere a while back that RKK is/was actually an airplane engineer. That takes work and brains. I have no doubt that he's probably doing this for fun and having fun. I've seen him as Bo Brady and Sam Bobby whatever and he was/is a very good actor. It's quite jarring since imo during his Days run he would be more serious and Thaao Pengalis would be a tad more campy, which was in character. (And James E Riley was writing then, so yeah) I remember crushing on him hard core during the whole Carly buried alive story. So seeing him as this is funny till I think of the actual story.

• Love 2

By that time, Patrick wouldn't care, since Robin would no longer be his wife.  I'm telling y'all...next time we see Robin and Patrick in a scene, we'll be told that they are now divorced and Patrick did what he had to do to protect his daughter*.

Can Patrick just send her an email? I'd rather Robin be far, far away from his self-righteousness.

I've tried, but I can't get into Dante. His Bensonhurst bravado, dude-broness, is off-putting,  and I don't sense any chemistry with him and Lulu at all. ( it's not the actress, because I'm one of the very few who loathed JMB. I have no idea what my problem is) i don't care if the implantation is a success. Let Dante have to deal with the fallout. 

Dante was basically dead to me the second he entertained the thought of having any type of relationship with Sonny. Michael will soon join the party once the writers have him forgive Sonny for killing A.J.

• Love 2

( it's not the actress, because I'm one of the very few who loathed JMB. I have no idea what my problem is

To quote Sabrina (ewww....sorry):  "You are not alone."

I loathed JMB as well, counted the days till she left. She had a "yup & nope personality."  No warmth, cold as ice. Had a staccato to her line delivery that I could not stand.  

IMO, Emme may not be the world's greatest actress, but I believe she tries to infuse the character with some heart. Her portrayal is warmer, to me anyway.....

Edited by SiouxB
  • Love 1

Aren't the Cassadines rich enough to provide Maxie and Lulu with a new set of clothing?  Lulu needs to burn those black leggings -- she's thin but they are not doing her any favors. 

And my compliments on the size of all the hostages' bladders.  They never have to pee.

• Love 4
t's not the actress, because I'm one of the very few who loathed JMB.

I loathed JMB as well, counted the days till she left. She had a "yup & nope personality."  No warmth, cold as ice. Had a staccato to her line delivery that I could not stand. 

siouxbee, I was going to point out to MrsOldManBalls that more than a few people loathed JMB lol but I figured that was board on boards. Too bad the twop archives weren't around for 2008 because then there would be the physical evidence heh.

Aren't the Cassadines rich enough to provide Maxie and Lulu with a new set of clothing?  Lulu needs to burn those black leggings -- she's thin but they are not doing her any favors.

Well, the Cassadines didn't want Maxie and to Stavros, in his head he probably still thinks it's the 80s half the time so he's cool with the leggings.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

It adds an extra layer of humor in my head since I know both Maxie and Lulu's shirts are from a clothing line called Free People. heh!

I'm surprised Ron didn't "take credit" for that unintentional humor on his twitter.RME

• Love 2

I didn't like JMB with Dante so much as I did hanging out with Johnny and Maxie. Like, I could watch Brandon Brash in scenes with anyone to be honest. But the two of them had such a chilled out vibe. I could buy that Lulu co owning a club, but not being a mom. However, I can see this Lulu doing both. I just think her intro story really sucked. I've always liked ER. I adored her on GL, especially. So, it's the writing. Not her. She's even cute with DZ as Dante. I also liked her scenes with Maxie in the cabin. We just need Brandon Brarash back for the ultimate test.

• Love 3

I didn't like JMB with Dante so much as I did hanging out with Johnny and Maxie. Like, I could watch Brandon Brash in scenes with anyone to be honest.

I second this. I was originally into Johnny/Lulu as a couple, actually. I thought JMB/BB had cute romantic chemistry. But like you said, BB pretty much had chemistry with a tree branch.

• Love 2

It would appear that the Sonny/AJ reveal will be happening sooner than later.  Hopefully, the photos in Sam's apartment get switched soon.  I would be shocked if that vile thug of a repulsive character doesn't save someone in PC (Emma or Sam or Anna) before he is taken down a notch and a woman (hi there Ava or Anna - or probably on the opposite end of the acting spectrum - Sabrina) is made out to be the evil one.

All signs point to Ava.  I fully expect Sonny to play the "She manipulated me into it!" card to escape all responsibility for killing A.J.  I also fully expect everybody on screen to buy this line of bullshit.

It's the way GH has rolled for the past quarter century.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2

Dante was basically dead to me the second he entertained the thought of having any type of relationship with Sonny. Michael will soon join the party once the writers have him forgive Sonny for killing A.J.

If Michael forgives Sonny the cold-blooded murderer for killing AJ I am done done done and will forevermore live on the Barge.

It adds an extra layer of humor in my head since I know both Maxie and Lulu's shirts are from a clothing line called Free People. heh!

I'm surprised Ron didn't "take credit" for that unintentional humor on his twitter.RME

I wouldn't be surprised if he "takes credit" now that you've mentioned it since we all know he trolls these boards. Damn, I don't know who ruins everything more, Sonny or Ron? I hate them both equally.

If Michael forgives Sonny the cold-blooded murderer for killing AJ I am done done done and will forevermore live on the Barge.

Even if the writers have Michael see Sonny's side, how do they have him not rage over being continuously lied to?  How do they not have him lose it with Sonny if/when he remembers Sonny being at AJ's funeral? Or Sonny telling Michael that Ava said that AJ had no remorse and instead of believing Michael he chose to believe the mob princess? 

This story should be just like Jason's story where he completely turns his back on his "family" and only after a considerable amount of time gives them the time of day but it never being the same.  There is just no other way to this story justice (that or Sonny and Ava doing jail time but we know that's not happening). 

But I would bet that Michael will look the idiot and forgive Sonny by May sweeps.

• Love 3

As much as I have enjoyed looking at the actor who play Stavros I find the Stavros addition to the story to be unnecessary and tedious.  Stavros is even more unstable than his previous appearances.  His uncle knows it and knows he is going to have to do something about his nephew and do it soon.  I am counting the days.  This entire defrosting of Cassadines storyline is ludicrous.  I am not looking forward to have Helena make a post-death appearance either.  Mother and son have had their day.  It's time for the younger generation to oust the older Cassadines.  Victor can stay since he is somewhat sane, but Helena and Stavros really have to go.  If we need an infusion of Cassadine influence then bring back Stefan.  Luke ought to get a kick out of that. 

I am still hoping and praying that Nik does not fall prey to Britt in any meaningful way.  The Britt character is lacks depth due to both the writing and the acting.  Nik needs someone new, someone who will totally wipe out all of the Liz love, or bring back Emily.  Surely the Cassadines have the ability to resurrect St. Emily.  Forget the twin crap.  That didn't work.  

• Love 1

I don't know if this qualifies as board on board, but I read a comment on another board that was kind of a light bulb moment for me.  Some of this Stavros story has distinct shades of Endgame.  These examples used were:  Helena threatening Tony and his family so he would defrost Stavros;  Victor threatening Robin and her family so she'll defrost Jason, Stavros and Helena.  Helena brainwashing Lucky; Victor rumored to brainwash Jaaayyyysssooon.  Luke drugged and having flashbacks; Luke drugged and this time drooling.  Stavros obsessed with Laura and wanting them to be a family with Nik; Stavros obsessed with Lulu and wanting to create a Rosemary's baby with her.

It sounded good at the time.  LOL

• Love 2
This story should be just like Jason's story where he completely turns his back on his "family" and only after a considerable amount of time gives them the time of day but it never being the same.  There is just no other way to this story justice (that or Sonny and Ava doing jail time but we know that's not happening).

The Jason story has been screaming for a reverse version where Sonny and Carly lose a child (ideally, Michael) to the Q's for years.  And it would seem like that would be why you'd write Carly finding out what Sonny did, keeping it secret, and eventually hooking up with him, because it's reason for Michael to hate both of them, as opposed to just hating Sonny and clinging to Carly as his true family.  If they don't take advantage of this point in time to do this right, then Ron's an even bigger dumbass than I thought. 

It'd be even better if, with defrosted Jason coming back, we get him and Michael both turning their backs on Sonny/Carly and becoming Q's.  

• Love 4

I think Ron is the only Spencer fan. At first it was funny then it was beaten like a dead horse.

And yes, the whole Micheal story screamed of him joining the Q's the moment Sonny put AJ on the meathook or the moment Carly drugged AJ and threw him in the alley. It's pure karma. If we hadn't had the brief moments where AJ was insecure, I'd doubt Chad being able to play anger. But I think he can.

I think Ron is the only Spencer fan. At first it was funny then it was beaten like a dead horse.

Part of my problem with Spencer (besides the horrible writing and wardrobe) is that I can barely understand what he's saying. I think a speech therapist could help in this area. And I say this in the NICEST way possible because I have no intentions to be rude about a child actor.

• Love 3

The Jason story has been screaming for a reverse version where Sonny and Carly lose a child (ideally, Michael) to the Q's for years.  And it would seem like that would be why you'd write Carly finding out what Sonny did, keeping it secret, and eventually hooking up with him, because it's reason for Michael to hate both of them, as opposed to just hating Sonny and clinging to Carly as his true family.  If they don't take advantage of this point in time to do this right, then Ron's an even bigger dumbass than I thought. 

It'd be even better if, with defrosted Jason coming back, we get him and Michael both turning their backs on Sonny/Carly and becoming Q's.  

I want Jason to be different, but I don't want him to get to rail high and mightily against Sonny and Carly either; he was a worse problem than them imo on this show for a decade. At least people see Sonny and Carly for who they are most of the time, even if they tolerate them; everyone kissed Jason the hitman's butt and praised him for dealing with Sonny and Carly, even though dealing with them was one hundred percent his choice.

• Love 4

Stavros will no doubt be "killed," only to be resurrected yet again the next time Ron decides it's time to bring him back. Ron hates to kill off the campy villains. 

If Jason doesn't come back different, it was pointless to kill him off in the first place. I also wonder if bringing Jason back is Ron's choice or if TPTB insisted on it. Losing Burton stung, but there were definitely ways to get Jason off the canvas if they wanted to recast earlier. I have a hard time believing he's back simply because Billy Miller became available.

• Love 1

I want the character of Jason to do something different than what we've seen him do since the mid-late '90s. Give him a bit of a break from Sonny/Carly and that whole scenario for a hot minute. Now that BM is in the role, see how he works with other actors. What may have worked with SB might not work with BM.

• Love 1

I want Jason to be different, but I don't want him to get to rail high and mightily against Sonny and Carly either; he was a worse problem than them imo on this show for a decade. At least people see Sonny and Carly for who they are most of the time, even if they tolerate them; everyone kissed Jason the hitman's butt and praised him for dealing with Sonny and Carly, even though dealing with them was one hundred percent his choice.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jason's largest amount of disgust should be reserved for himself and for what he's become.  But, he should also have a hearty dose for Sonny and Carly exploiting a brain damaged young man and nurturing him along into becoming what he was. 

• Love 8

I also wonder if bringing Jason back is Ron's choice or if TPTB insisted on it. Losing Burton stung, but there were definitely ways to get Jason off the canvas if they wanted to recast earlier. I have a hard time believing he's back simply because Billy Miller became available.

I always thought they'd bring Jason back, but I didn't think it'd be this soon. I do think BM was special enough to them that they made the move to get him quickly, though.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Stavros will no doubt be "killed," only to be resurrected yet again the next time Ron decides it's time to bring him back. Ron hates to kill off the campy villains. 

If Jason doesn't come back different, it was pointless to kill him off in the first place. I also wonder if bringing Jason back is Ron's choice or if TPTB insisted on it. Losing Burton stung, but there were definitely ways to get Jason off the canvas if they wanted to recast earlier. I have a hard time believing he's back simply because Billy Miller became available.

You knew Jason would be back at some point when no body was found.  I have not missed the character and, as much as I hate ratings discussion, based on ratings, the show has not missed the character.  If he comes back as the same staring, constipated robot that everyone bows down to, then my question will be, what was the point?

• Love 3

I've always thought Jason would be back within a year or two. He didn't get a funeral or memorial, Carly and Liz didn't have meltdowns, Michael and Morgan didn't seem all that devastated, and Sam didn't react the way I thought she would. I didn't expect her to jump on top of his casket and make a scene but I thought we'd get something more than what we got. Jason's death never seemed real and I think killing him off was the easiest (in Ron's mind) way to get him off screen until he could bring him back.

• Love 2

The Jason story has been screaming for a reverse version where Sonny and Carly lose a child (ideally, Michael) to the Q's for years.  And it would seem like that would be why you'd write Carly finding out what Sonny did, keeping it secret, and eventually hooking up with him, because it's reason for Michael to hate both of them, as opposed to just hating Sonny and clinging to Carly as his true family.  If they don't take advantage of this point in time to do this right, then Ron's an even bigger dumbass than I thought.

There are no Quartermaines left for that story to be carried out. Monica is still a recurring character and has not been seen since AJ's funeral. AJ is still dead. Tracy won't care because she blames Michael for taking over ELQ. The only one Q left on canvas would be Ned.

Michael would have to be angry at everyone who lied to him and kept secrets from him which would include his brother and nosy girlfriend. 

I just don't know where on the canvas Michael would turn to if/when he turns away from his family.

• Love 1

I knew Jason would be back sooner or later. I just was so happy he was gone and Steve Burton with him.

IMO, Bob Guza and Steve Burton were the major problems with the Jason character. Both are gone, and you can drastically reinvent Jason in any way the show sees fit. What he needs to be is more closely tied to his Quartermaine roots - very closely. He has years of making up to do to whatever is left of his loved ones. He needs to repudiate Sonny, even if he still loves him like a brother; he needs to tell people they were right about the mob, he needs to apologize to Monica and poor dead A.J. He can be conflicted, he can be torn, he can be caught between both worlds, but IMO what the character needs is to repudiate his past and work to make up for it. Go to work for the WSB, use those skills for good. Make it clear that this is the only way Jason can work off years of murder and sin. I'd have him embroiled in a quadrangle with Robin, Patrick and Sam, myself - where he rediscovers his long-buried love for Robin along with his newfound understanding of her reasons re: Michael and their split in the '90s, and struggles to work at his marriage with Sam which is based entirely in his old life.

But a lot of this is just fanwank and academic, because if the question is whether they will go far enough with Jason to do stuff like this, I strongly fear they won't. They're too wedded to still seeing Sonny as the victim of other people. He murdered Michael's father, Jason's brother in cold blood and I'm still hearing excuses.

As for Michael and the Qs, that's another story. He's already at ELQ. They could tie him in as deeper as they choose, and you can bring other Qs back or not but he is already enmeshed in that world and can go deeper as he moves away from Sonny. I don't think Carly and Sonny will ever be out of his life, they should always be a source of tension - but I think he should write at least Sonny off for years.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 12

Don't get me wrong, I think Jason's largest amount of disgust should be reserved for himself and for what he's become.  But, he should also have a hearty dose for Sonny and Carly exploiting a brain damaged young man and nurturing him along into becoming what he was. 

Jason Q coming to terms with Jason Morgan's antics? 

I knew Jason would be back sooner or later. I just was so happy he was gone and Steve Burton with him.

IMO, Bob Guza and Steve Burton were the major problems with the Jason character. Both are gone, and you can drastically reinvent Jason in any way the show sees fit. What he needs to be is more closely tied to his Quartermaine roots - very closely. He has years of making up to do to whatever is left of his loved ones. He needs to repudiate Sonny, even if he still loves him like a brother; he needs to tell people they were right about the mob, he needs to apologize to Monica and poor dead A.J. He can be conflicted, he can be torn, he can be caught between both worlds, but IMO what the character needs is to repudiate his past and work to make up for it. Go to work for the WSB, use those skills for good. Make it clear that this is the only way Jason can work off years of murder and sin. I'd have him embroiled in a quadrangle with Robin, Patrick and Sam, myself - where he rediscovers his long-buried love for Robin along with his newfound understanding of her reasons re: Michael and their split in the '90s, and struggles to work at his marriage with Sam which is based entirely in his old life.

But a lot of this is just fanwank and academic, because if the question is whether they will go far enough with Jason to do stuff like this, I strongly fear they won't. They're too wedded to still seeing Sonny as the victim of other people. He murdered Michael's father, Jason's brother in cold blood and I'm still hearing excuses.

As for Michael and the Qs, that's another story. He's already at ELQ. They could tie him in as deeper as they choose, and you can bring other Qs back or not but he is already enmeshed in that world and can go deeper as he moves away from Sonny. I don't think Carly and Sonny will ever be out of his life, they should always be a source of tension - but I think he should write at least Sonny off for years.

It won't happen, but it's be a great story with years of material. 

• Love 2

The difference between a hero and a villain on GH these days is that when a "hero" does something reprehensible there are numerous excuses carefully written into the script to explain away their horrible acts, whereas a villain is just campy and crazeballs.

• Love 3

I don't believe there will be much difference between OldBorg and NuBorg except for a new face and likely a new pet playing him. The fundamentals - a la Borg not giving a shit about AJ - will remain static, I'm sure.

So Borg will likely shrug his shoulders, blink (assuming that is still applicable), and blather about what a waste AJ was and blah blah shitcakes.

I don't believe there will be much difference between OldBorg and NuBorg except for a new face and likely a new pet playing him. The fundamentals - a la Borg not giving a shit about AJ - will remain static, I'm sure.

So Borg will likely shrug his shoulders, blink (assuming that is still applicable), and blather about what a waste AJ was and blah blah shitcakes.

Bwah. Well, between the blinks, stares and shrugs OH MY, I'm gonna need him to kiss Robin's ass and sing her praises to pretty much anyone who will listen. This includes small animals and children.

• Love 1

I like Spencer.  A lot more than many other characters.  Hell, I like him a lot more than I ever did Robin as a kid (or as an adult for that matter).   He makes Nikolas palatable for me.   Now I don't particularly enjoy the kiddie quad, but I enjoy the character of Spencer.  I get a kick out of him tremendously.   And since they've taken most of my main enjoyment out of the show and are my torturing me with this loathsome Sam and Patrick stuff, I'm enjoying whatever I can.   And it ain't hambone Stavros or velociraptor Victor, that's for sure.   And as long as Silas is stuck in the deadzone that is Nina-land, sigh.............

No insult, your opinion is your own. However, I hate the character.  The actor is trying, but the crap they give him, to me, sucks.

I do see a way out. Since we are already at a frozen rebirth, sickening medical rape, and Aztec Princess part 500 mix up, let's go one more and make Spencer a tech brain boosted kid, or half Casey the space alien DNA, or something.

However, I suspect we are looking at a repeat of the weather control diamond instead.

• Love 1

I have little doubt that if Cartini could afford it, we'd get a 'Port Charles is Frozen' story, the denouement of which would be a big Cassadine musical number.

Unfortunatly, or rather fortunatly in this instance, GH can only afford a dry ice machine.  And by "a" I literally mean one. 

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

Can Patrick just send her an email? I'd rather Robin be far, far away from his self-righteousness.

Don't forget to put Olivia in there . Spent years keeping her son away from Sonny, then lies on the stand and helps Dante make a mokery of his police training saying *I shot myself* some cop why is he still part of the keystone cops.? This show is returning to everyone hates sonny at first and then changes their minds. This was why I loved Taggert.I also hated Mykill, and when Michael and AJ bonded I started liking him a little. wonder how long before we get mykill back. I can't I just can't!

What a terrible, awful, very bad episode. 

I really can't find the words except to say I feel like a chump wasting more time on this shit fest.

So Nathan isn't Vic's after all, well how grand, he'll end up Dante's twin at this rate.

Patrick is the worst, just the worst. He's a self centered asshole who is still married, who should have his just about to cheating ass at home with his daughter, attempting to be a decent human being for once instead if cuddling up to another pair of bosom pillows. And of course Sam would start to, apparently, fall for him right before a renegade Jason returns. They disgust me together, the outcome to all of this disgusts me, it's all disgusting. You're disgusting, Ron.

Maxie, it seems, fatally stabs Levi and then she and Nathan make out...I just...between that and the "Avenge me!" scream this may have been the worse stretch of acting I've seen in quite some time. At least since last month.

Why is there no real security at that damn clinic? It should have had masked goons swarming the place like a hoard, people actually guarding Victor's door, at least some alarms set up to go off when people enter restricted areas. It was all so cheap and stupid, like Ron, I just...I can't.

I have nothing to say about all things Stav/Lulu/Dante other than a long length of expletives.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 7

What a terrible, awful, very bad episode. 

I really can't find the words except to say I feel like a chump wasting more time on this shit fest.

So Nathan isn't Vic's after all, well how grand, he'll end up Dante's twin at this rate.

Patrick is the worst, just the worst. He's a self centered asshole who is still married, who should have his just about to cheating ass at home with his daughter, attempting to be a decent human being for once instead if cuddling up to another pair of bosom pillows. And of course Sam would start to, apparently, fall for him right before a renegade Jason returns. They disgust me together, the outcome to all of this disgusts me, it's all disgusting. You're disgusting, Ron.

Maxie, it seems, fatally stabs Levi and then she and Nathan make out...I just...between that and the "Avenge me!" scream this may have been the worse stretch of acting I've seen in quite some time. At least since last month.

Why is there no real security at that damn clinic? It should have had masked goons swarming the place like a hoard, people actually guarding Victor's door, at least some alarms set up to go off when people enter restricted areas. It was all so cheap and stupid, like Ron, I just...I can't.

I have nothing to say about all things Stav/Lulu/Dante other than a long length of expletives.

I'm not watching today's show until I can safely fast forward because of that stuff, although really the only thing I want to see is Maxie and Nathan's first kiss.

What was the point of introducing Peter "who" Harrel?

• Love 2
Really the only thing I want to see is Maxie and Nathan's first kiss

Watching the Levi actor "die" about as well as he played his character living, which is to say crap well at all, with Maxie fake hyperventilating for a whole three seconds about it while Nathan had this dopey grin on his face, he can't believe Maxie killed Levi just for him Then he basically steps over the withering shell of the Dunkledoofus and he and Maxie just can't deny their "passion" any longer and start to kiss. Everything about it, imo, was so tawdry.

• Love 2