Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

My computer is all wonky not letting me quote anything so without quoting anyone, I'll get straight to the point.

Greg Evigan????? 

I thought he looked familiar and it was bothering me all day. 

Why do so many famous people come from my home town? And why did they go to my high school? Ok, so he graduated around 6 years before me but I always hung out with older kids and the theater group was kinda tight.

Last time I saw Greg he came back to see one of the high school plays I was working on, he was wearing a white full length mink coat, this was around the time he was starting to get "famous". And now he's on TFGH?!?!? Life is weird.

Just please, I beg of you TFGH, don't hire John I mean Jon BonJovi. I know I'm probably breaking rules by going off topic but that would be a deal-breaker for me. I can just picture it, JBJ turns out to be NotDead Morgan. (NotDead Morgan is not a spoiler, just an inevitability)

On topic: Michael, get the hell out of ELQ until you change your name back to Quartermaine. And this may be an UO, but I'd much rather see Ned Mayor instead of Laura. No offense to Laura but we need more Quartermaines front and center. Also, while I'm UO-ing, as long as Sonny exists, I will be on anyone else's side because the hatred runs so deep I want Julian to win anything and I want Ava to get her little AJ back for good. 

Damn, I really hate Sonny.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CPP83 said:

But this whole "let's have Michael take charge and rule over the family as the chosen son" story-line is utter and total tripe imho.

Especially because, save for those 10 glorious minutes a couple years ago, Michael worships at the feet of Sonny and Carly.  

• Love 4
10 hours ago, CPP83 said:

At this rate Oscar will show up in a few weeks demanding he be made CFO in the company because he can quote the book by heart

Nah, Oscar will demand to be CFO because he knows how to use a calculator. That's about the level of experience Michael has, even today.

Edward was a shithead when it came to his family and ELQ, but at least Ned and Tracy (despite the tragic flaw of being a woman) weren't 12 when the succession stuff was going on. How the show expects me to buy Michael being CEO with NO COLLEGE DEGREE AT ALL is beyond me. There should have been a story where the board okays Michael as a Q figurehead and lets him sit in the big-boy chair but has no real authority. Then Michael has to do some proving that he's able. As always, the show completely skips over that stuff. It doesn't have to be lengthy (Emily got her M.D. over a commercial break, after all), but I'd at least like to see some effort, or even some struggle. It's absurd that Michael has seamlessly taken over ELQ and his conflicts with Ned are basically philosophical! Gah. 

#TeamNed here, no matter how they trash him.

Edited by dubbel zout
verb parallelism
  • Love 6

I'm trying to remember which Quartermaines are still alive but just not on the scene right now.  I can remember Tracy and Skye. They killed off Justus but didn't he have a sister or some other relative named Maya who was also from Edward?  And Skye had a daughter with Alcazar (another character I miss who was sacrificed at the alter of St. Sonny) named Lila. Can we get the two of them back?  I don't even remember why Skye isn't around anymore.  Bring them back along with Dillion to vote with Ned to give Michael the ax. I know it soon but maybe Jane can be convinced to come out of retirement just for the voting episode.  Or they can just have her vote by proxy.  I really don't care at this point.  Maybe we can even get Drew to vote with the real Quartermaines if he sees how Michael is still more loyal to the same Corinthos family who has stabbed him in the back. Have everyone vote him out except Jason and Michael with Monica abstaining because Michael as the CEO is both obnoxious and laughable.  

• Love 4

In what world would Felicia and Maxie (two women that loved Robin and grew up with her/practically raised her) happily sit around with the psychopath that kidnapped and tortured Robin? I don't care if they are in-laws. Valentin is Nathan's brother-in-law (cousin-in-law?) and Nathan has no problem disliking him. Why don't Felicia and Mac (and Anna!) HATE Dr. O for what she did to their girl?

Nina needs to take it back a few notches. Lulu was just trying to talk to you about Valentin being questioned at the station. And hey, I've noticed that for all Nina claims to love her stepdaughter, she has no issue at all with Charlotte being raised by a man that is a psychopathic murderer, is questioned by the PCPD more times than not, and gets mixed up in shady deals even though he told her he wanted to stay clean for Charlotte and her. At least Lulu is worried about her daughter's safety.

ETA: Today is probably not the best day to use that argument "at least Lulu is worried about her daughter's safety" argument when Lulu is starting to go traipsing after Faison. Oops. LOL. The point stands, though.

Nathan being Faison's son makes no sense. Faison wanted male heirs and that is why he had no use for Britt.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

In what world would Felicia and Maxie (two women that loved Robin and grew up with her/practically raised her) happily sit around with the psychopath that kidnapped and tortured Robin? I don't care if they are in-laws. Valentin is Nathan's brother-in-law (cousin-in-law?) and Nathan has no problem disliking him. Why don't Felicia and Mac (and Anna!) HATE Dr. O for what she did to their girl?

Nina needs to take it back a few notches. Lulu was just trying to talk to you about Valentin being questioned at the station. And hey, I've noticed that for all Nina claims to love her stepdaughter, she has no issue at all with Charlotte being raised by a man that is a psychopathic murderer, is questioned by the PCPD more times than not, and gets mixed up in shady deals even though he told her he wanted to stay clean for Charlotte and her. At least Lulu is worried about her daughter's safety.

ETA: Today is probably not the best day to use that argument "at least Lulu is worried about her daughter's safety" argument when Lulu is starting to go traipsing after Faison. Oops. LOL. The point stands, though.

Nathan being Faison's son makes no sense. Faison wanted male heirs and that is why he had no use for Britt.

Both cousin and brother-in-law.

Soaps are so screwy with how they do families. You have Molly and Kristina who are both sisters and cousins.  Danny and Scout are both siblings and cousins (though, to be fair, Sam thought it was the same guy). Dante's brother and mom are both Quartermains but they have no relation to each other.  Bobbie is Lulu's aunt and the mother Maxie's cousin who donated her heart, but no actual relation to Maxie.  Michael and Morgan are half siblings.  Morgan and Kristina are half siblings.  Kristina and Michael have no blood relation but consider themselves half siblings.  Molly is cousins with Morgan, her sister's half sibling.  Julian and Sonny each have a child by the same woman. Sonny also has a child by Julian's sister.   It's all very weird.  People have multiple relations to others on this show and I can't imagine that any other city actually has this many situations like this and if they do, I highly doubt it is in the upper society of that city like these dorks on GH are supposed to be.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Faison wanted male heirs

For all of Liesl sociopathicity, she likely knew that he was a bigger sociopath than even she, and didn't want that life for her son.  She knew Faison wouldn't care about a daughter, and she was right.  But a son, to turn into a sociopath......that's why she gave Nathan up to Madeline to raise and then lied and said Victor was his father.  

Anybody else thinking Maxie was an idiot for spilling the beans about the DNA test to Liesl.  At least wait til you get the results because you know Liesl will haul ass to the hospital to try and get the results and change them.  

Thought for sure Anna had killed Cassandra, then I thought she'd set it up so that it would look like Valentin had done it when he came to check on her.  But no, instead we have her transferred to a WSB facility to return in 9 months, along with Rebecca Budig and her baby.   You know that's gonna happen.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Perkie said:

For all of Liesl sociopathicity, she likely knew that he was a bigger sociopath than even she, and didn't want that life for her son.  She knew Faison wouldn't care about a daughter, and she was right.  But a son, to turn into a sociopath......that's why she gave Nathan up to Madeline to raise and then lied and said Victor was his father.

Nope, that doesn't track for me.  As originally presented, Dr. O would have done anything to present Faison - who she viewed as a god among men - with a male heir.  That's why she was kidnapped "Ben" to present to him.  If they're trying to retcon that now, they're not doing a good job of lining up the pieces.  JMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

As originally presented, Dr. O would have done anything to present Faison - who she viewed as a god among men - with a male heir.

Agreed.  But now, they're making it look like Dr O is terrified of Nathan's father.  who would scare her like that?  We know it's not Victor.  Unless the rumour is true that she impregnated herself with Duke's DNA for whatever nutso reason, and doesn't want Faison to find that out.  

• Love 1

I didn't mind that Anna killing Cassandra was a fake out. Anna couldn't even bring herself to kill Faison, why would she bother to off Cassandra? Just ship her to the elusive WSB facility, out of sight, out of mind.

Pregnancy must be addling Maxie's brain, because telling Liesl about the DNA test was colossally stupid. And Lulu the plucky reporter is so obnoxiously wide-eyed and graceless in her investigative strategy. I appreciate that she's getting to do something outside of being a mother, but I don't like this approach to her new career.

Such a treat to sit in on PC's great minds discussing literary criticism. Spinelli used his computer to recreate the novel's form, Jason questioned the meaning of the text and author's intention, and then there's Sonny, who can barely understand the words on the page.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Agreed.  But now, they're making it look like Dr O is terrified of Nathan's father.  who would scare her like that?  We know it's not Victor.  Unless the rumour is true that she impregnated herself with Duke's DNA for whatever nutso reason, and doesn't want Faison to find that out.  

I really don't know.  I just can't buy her being terrified of Faison.  Being worried, as we saw, that he would kill Britt if she narced on him?  Sure, that made sense.  But her being terrified of him?  Doesn't track.

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Lulu: I'm a reporter

Me: *eye roll*

Shut up, Lois Lane.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

And Lulu the plucky reporter is so obnoxiously wide-eyed and graceless i

I don't mind Lulu as much as others here do, but even I have to laugh at her investigative moves, which seem to be, walking up to anyone (Sonny, Dante, Felicia, Liesl) and asking them if they know his whereabouts.  Come on show, don't make her such a spazz.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Laura's sunglasses are ridiculous. I've never liked that style.

Laura had a wonky eye yesterday. I have a feeling the sunglasses were hastily found to deal with it in most of the scenes.

Today's episode begs the question: How can Show not notice that the day's script has three different characters using (or misusing, but that's my husband's bailiwick) "It begs the question" in the space of about five minutes?

Maybe they need to get Spinelli's special computer program to assess their own writing for gaffes like that. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet

Lulu' s hair in the police station looked like it was platinum  blonde  with its own fluorescent LED  lights.  They need to do  a better job of lighting the women on this show.

Lulu must think Obrecht is an idiot who will fall for that "this is the only chance he'll get to tell his story ". Yeah, because reporters have never interviewed people who are arrested or in prison. 

And never doing any real work herself and just expecting others like Sonny,  Dante and Obrecht to do it for her is really  annoying.

The three stooges....I mean Sonny, Jason and Spinelli discussing "literature " was laughable  because that is not how literary algorithms work.  Super ridiculous was Jason's "we don't need to know how it ends, just what it means."It's not going to mean anything,  it was completed by an algorithm.

Are they really trying make me think that super tree Nathan is smart enough to figure out that Faison wrote under this alias, write that book, and send it to him? Why would he be looking  into his medical records if he knows Faison is his father?  Hey  maybe  Griffin is really Faison's son!

16 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Robin pulled a Robin and told the truth. That's who she is. I'm glad she was in character and didn't act like Jason wasn't Jason to coddle Drew Jake Doe Billy Miller, who she's only interacted with a handful of times.

It's not a  zero sum game though. Robin can keep her special relationship with Jason and still be compassionate to Drew.

If it were Carly or Nina I wouldn't care because they're self-centered like that. But I like Robin and so it bothers me. Robin tells the truth but she should have learned in medical school that telling it isn't always the best thing to do. No one who has just had a severe shock ever got better by being told to suck it up and face the truth.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Before Lulu  continues to call herself an investigative reporter, can she open up and read the definition of subtle because she is anything but.

What about what.she knows about  Dr O that Lulu thinks, she would be willling to lead her Faison for whatever the reason. 

And sure Lulu if you are not going protect your sources or honor things that are off the record, you are a shitty journalist and should stop pretending to be one.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

They'll probably retcon that Obrecht lied to keep him safe from Faison. I prefer however that when Obrecht was about to tell Faison the news that she was pregnant, she caught him mooning over a picture of Anna, decided not to tell him and then after she gave him up, was too scared to say anything because she knew Faison would be pissed at her for lying. 

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I really don't know.  I just can't buy her being terrified of Faison.  Being worried, as we saw, that he would kill Britt if she narced on him?  Sure, that made sense.  But her being terrified of him?  Doesn't track.

I disagree, I think she would be scared of him. Why doesn't it track with you?

Does Spinelli realize Sonny hates him?

On that note, does Nathan realize his mom is sorta evil? He's just worried about passing down evil dad's genes?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Robin tells the truth but she should have learned in medical school that telling it isn't always the best thing to do. No one who has just had a severe shock ever got better by being told to suck it up and face the truth.

She never told him to suck it up. She didn't believe he was Jason. She told him that. I'm not sure how else that conversation would have gone unless she lied to him like Sam did, for example. And I don't think he ever found out Sam knew he wasn't Jason, too, yet still made get "outed" in a public forum.

6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I've still never been convinced this show cares about what was done to Robin, who would most likely still be locked up somewhere if JT never quit.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I didn't mind that Anna killing Cassandra was a fake out. Anna couldn't even bring herself to kill Faison, why would she bother to off Cassandra?

Those long months of having to watch Anna shooting Carlos over and over again really made me glad that Anna did not kill her today.

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Lulu: I'm a reporter

Me: *eye roll*

So far this investigative reporter role is emphatically NOT a fit for Lulu.  As well, she comes off as more annoying than interesting. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm not sure how else that conversation would have gone unless she lied to him like Sam did, for example. And I don't think he ever found out Sam knew he wasn't Jason, too, yet still made get "outed" in a public forum.

Wasn't one of the things that he was upset about was the fact that Sam wouldn't call him Jason? She just kept reassuring him that she loved him and that he was her husband. Although honestly, once he walked into the house and Jason was alone with their daughter he should have realized that Sam knew he wasn't Jason. She never outright told him that she believed that he was Jason, but it was a lie of omission

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

I can’t take Emme Rylan seriously. She always talks like a 12 year when she curls  her lips when talks to people. I wonder if she’s like that in real life. I guess I didn’t notice as much on GL because was a lot younger. I really noticed it on Y&R & now on GH. 

• Love 7

I was touched by the chip scene between Finn and Amy. How sad for an addict to have to start over again. More of these scenes and I may come back for good.

Oh Anna, if you couldn't kill Faison then no way can you kill Cassandra. Nice try.

Lulu is a reporter? I'm still laughing. 

I want whatever Kristina Wagner is drinking because she hasn't aged in the past decade.

Maxie's baby shower should have been at the metro court, not at a pub.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Perkie said:

I don't mind Lulu as much as others here do, but even I have to laugh at her investigative moves, which seem to be, walking up to anyone (Sonny, Dante, Felicia, Liesl) and asking them if they know his whereabouts. 

I'm shocked they had her file a FOIA for all the PCPD files on Faison. That's a legit step. That said, it's ridiculous that Lulu thinks Faison is dying to tell his side of the story to anyone, let alone her. Ugh. Of course she's going to get caught in some dumb peril that Dante (or some man) has to rescue her from.

5 hours ago, nilyank said:

And sure Lulu if you are not going protect your sources or honor things that are off the record, you are a shitty journalist and should stop pretending to be one.

I know. If they make Faison fall for any of this, it's wildly OOC.

Watching Spin, Jason, and Sonny try to decode that stupid novel cracked me up. It was kind of soapy in a very silly way.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Especially because, save for those 10 glorious minutes a couple years ago, Michael worships at the feet of Sonny and Carly.  

Absolutely. Michael may be a Q in name, sort of, but he is every bit the son those two wretches raised and even through it all, even with Sonny without question guilty of A.J.'s coldblooded murder, Michael still hails them as his loving parents who sacrificed so much for him (I suppose one could say that A.J. certainly served as their sacrificial lamb on a meat hook) and gave him everything he could ever want and if he was only half the father to his own kid as Sonny was/is to him, and blah blah bullshit and it's vile.

I have always found Michael to be one of the worst evil spawns this show ever came up with, but I actually found him less annoying when he was just Sonny and Carly's stupid little brat. He made more sense as the long neglected, poorly and terribly raised offspring of two people who together shouldn't have been given permission to own a cactus. Michael was bound to be a troubled, complicated, dumb, whiny, ridiculous mess of a human being because of who raised him.

But when they tried to make him a Q again and "fix" what happened in the past, what with his kidnapping, keeping him away from the only fit and lovable family he really had, and the destruction of his real father and such, I knew it wouldn't pan out.  

And now with this end result of him still being a Corinthos, annoying, dumb, and worthless on a good day and yet he's somehow pitted against a true Q, such as Ned, and Ned's on the losing end to this little punk ass nobody who not too long ago was wagging a big boy gun in the faces of his father's enemies because they didn't show Sonny "the proper respect"? But now he's supposed to be some sort of economic wizard and creative genius who can crunch the numbers and keep a handle on the DOW with the best of them? Give me a break, show, it's just ludicrous to watch for me.

14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nah, Oscar will demand to be CFO because he knows how to use a calculator. That's about the level of experience Michael has, even today.

Edward was a shithead when it came to his family and ELQ, but at least Ned and Tracy (despite the tragic flaw of being a woman) weren't 12 when the succession stuff was going on. How the show expects me to buy Michael being CEO with NO COLLEGE DEGREE AT ALL is beyond me. There should have been a story where the board okays Michael as a Q figurehead and lets him sit in the big-boy chair but has no real authority. Then Michael has to do some proving that he's able. As always, the show completely skips over that stuff. It doesn't have to be lengthy (Emily got her M.D. over a commercial break, after all), but I'd at least like to see some effort, or even some struggle. It's absurd that Michael has seamlessly taken over ELQ and his conflicts with Ned are basically philosophical! Gah. 

#TeamNed here, no matter how they trash him.

Hah, true enough.

I swear though if I ever see a scene with Michael taking Oscar on a tour of ELQ as he tells the "young one" about the "good ol' days" of the Q family business my blood pressure will not be happy.

I guess the show just wants us all to accept that Michael is the magical unicorn of a Q who doesn't need silly diplomas from schools (higher learning? what rubbish!) or actual training in a legitimate business field that doesn't rely on threats of cement shoes or being buried alive in coffee bean containers.

No, he's just that good because he was born that good and Edward left him a "How to Run My Shit" for dummies book and viola, CEO Michael was born.

I will always be team real Q against that little idiot. Michael will always in my mind be a Corinthos more than anything else because most of the time he acts like it, until he wants to use the Q name to get his way. Since he couldn't even stay mad at Sonny for killing his innocent, tortured father, I have no use for him.

Not only did this show wreck my precious Tracy (how I miss her...) but now they've moved on to her son, who literally has every right and reason logically be head of ELQ without question or contest from anyone else right now.

But no, he's being told to kiss Prince Michael's ring or else he gets the boot? It's pathetic and patronizing.

Michael should be leaning from Ned,  taught by him, if anything, not giving Ned the business about how he somehow knows what Edward would want over the man that Edward bloody helped to raise as his own and trained from the start. It's just...maddening, it truly is.

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, LillyB said:

So who the hell will Octavian turn out to be?

Normally, I would say either Julian or Valentin but both of them are way too old to be Faison's son and this supposed dna test should show that Valentin and Nathan are not related to each other.

Now if they wanted to be interesting and it will be shocking, they should make him be Curtis.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Normally, I would say either Julian or Valentin but both of them are way too old to be Faison's son and this supposed dna test should show that Valentin and Nathan are not related to each other.

Now if they wanted to be interesting and it will be shocking, they should make him be Curtis.

Which doesn't mean anything if Valentin isn't actually a Cassadine, and that was what always made more sense to me.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, twoods said:

Oh Anna, if you couldn't kill Faison then no way can you kill Cassandra. Nice try.

That always bugged me about Anna - so-called super-spy that never seemed to have a "license to kill" the bad guys.  Sean Donnelly and Frisco Jones back in the day ?  There never seemed to have been a high-enough body count, to satisfy them, lol.  I remember Frisco once telling Britt "I get paid to kill bad guys."

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, twoods said:

Maxie's baby shower should have been at the metro court, not at a pub.

That wsn't the actual shower that was just the planning of the showere.  And yes, no way does Liesl Obrecht, who bitched out both Felicia and Maxie for being late, would have a baby shower at a pub.  But hey, they paid for the set so they are going to use that thing.  

• Love 1

Even though most people hate Julian and wouldn’t go to his pub, the show is going to pretend it is so beloved (liked Kelly’s) that people will still go there despite Julian. 

The only people that go there is Stella who has no history with Julian and Alex who stupidly ignoring her history with him. No way would Molly go there unless under duress.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LillyB said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Franco, in yet another attempt to make him somehow relevant to the show. 

At least that would free Scotty of the burden of being father to a man who looks older than him. 

(and it would be about the 8th attempt to rewrite his history, wouldn't it?) 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

I disagree, I think she [Obrecht] would be scared of him [Faison]. Why doesn't it track with you?

I dunno.  I mean, I guess he has threatened her life before, but she's shown an ability to stand up to him (i.e. not donning the Anna mask in bed) and she's always been presented as enamored with him, even relatively recently.  The one character I've seen Dr. O really scared of is Helena, IMO.

Now, if she had sired a male heir with another man, I would get her disposing of said child because that betrayal would probably get both her and said child killed, but more out of self-preservation versus being terrified of what a meanie Faison is.  But if Nathan is Faison's son, hiding him away doesn't track for me.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

That wsn't the actual shower that was just the planning of the showere.  And yes, no way does Liesl Obrecht, who bitched out both Felicia and Maxie for being late, would have a baby shower at a pub.  But hey, they paid for the set so they are going to use that thing.  

Thank you! I was wondering why it sucked and just assumed it was a small lunch. I was also wondering why Liesl was tantruming that everyone was late if it was just for planning it.

40 minutes ago, twoods said:

wondering why Liesl was tantruming that everyone was late if it was just for planning it

I dunno, when I invite people to meet me somewhere at a specific time, I expect them to be there. 5 minutes late sure. But 1/2 hour or more, I expect a call or text explaining why. It's just rude to keep someone waiting if you agreed to a time.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, LillyB said:

• Newbie Publisher Guy - why is he so interested in finding Faison, and he's a publisher guy
  • Valentin  - He's not really a Cassadine, and the DNA match will prove Nathan and Valentin are a match, but everyone will assume because of the Cassadine blood. KG will put on her best OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCK face.
  • Nicholas - Who's not really dead, but waiting to look like Peter Capaldi.
  • Andre - But it won't happen, because that would be too interesting out of left field.
  • Thomas - Who's not really dead, but they want to have a showdown with Aunt Stella belittling the cringing Faison before her.
  • Franco - Someone suggested it below, because of Reasons.
  • Dr. Bensch - Because he has interest in the Charles Street project, and there's that creepiness factor they backed off from Lauren
  • Drew/Jason - Because, why the hell not to keep them relevant to the storyline why Faison would target them, and that would fuck up the ELQ shares
  • Sonny - Because Sonny's the "hero", and this show will fuck with decades of history to make him front and center with ANY storyline.
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Even though most people hate Julian and wouldn’t go to his pub, the show is going to pretend it is so beloved (liked Kelly’s) that people will still go there despite Julian. 

"I hate you, I despise you, you should be in jail, -- lemme have the Turkey Club Sandwich, hold the mustard and tomato -- you are an evil person who should pay for his crimes, -- and a Coke with lemon. Oh, and your sister is horrible, too."

• Love 9
9 hours ago, LexieLily said:
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

Which doesn't mean anything if Valentin isn't actually a Cassadine, and that was what always made more sense to me.

Valentin as a Faison would have the added weight of him scamming/killing/Jedi Mind Wiping into getting Spoon Island, especially since Show dropped a bit of history that P.K. Sinclair actually owned it Back in the Day.

I would also love it that Valentin revealed that his AnnnnnddddddSonnyAndJasonBeatHimUpin30Seconds was part of a long con and that he really is the Most Evil Cassadine Evah, and his whiny milquetoast demeanor since Nina came aboard has been a charade.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, twoods said:

I was also wondering why Liesl was tantruming that everyone was late if it was just for planning it.

Put me at the table with Sake614.  If you're given a time to be there, then that's when you get there. 

However, in this case, I think they had Liesl going on about the time in what was supposed to be a humorous attempt to play up her Germanic/Teutonic-ness. They do it once or twice a year. (Remember her powerpoint presentation to her daughter?)

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, rur said:

(Remember her powerpoint presentation to her daughter?)

Gawd that was so great.

But yeah, Dr. O was a stickler about timeliness when she was running the hospital.  Which...fair.  Don't be late to work, Brad.  Don't try to sneak out early to run to the side of one of your lame lovers, Liz.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Perkie said:

they paid for the set

RIP, Gene's Brandford Roadhouse (est. 1987).

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:
2 hours ago, twoods said:

wondering why Liesl was tantruming that everyone was late if it was just for planning it

I dunno, when I invite people to meet me somewhere at a specific time, I expect them to be there. 5 minutes late sure. But 1/2 hour or more, I expect a call or text explaining why. It's just rude to keep someone waiting if you agreed to a time.

The "joke" was that when Liesl said everyone should be there at 9:45 (or whatever), she really meant earlier. Early is on time, on time is late. Because she's German and a stickler for punctuality. Har har. No one arrived more than five minutes late. (ETA: Or what @rur wrote.)

36 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

I would also love it that Valentin revealed that his AnnnnnddddddSonnyAndJasonBeatHimUpin30Seconds was part of a long con and that he really is the Most Evil Cassadine Evah, and his whiny milquetoast demeanor since Nina came aboard has been a charade.

If only. Sadly, that will never happen. Plus, as a Cassadine, Valentin should never care one iota about Sonny. 

6 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Are they implying Nathan is Faison's son?

Sort of. It's likely a red herring. I still want Nathan to be the result of a ONS Liesl had with someone after getting drunk to celebrate passing her boards.

• Love 7

Jax was objectively better for her and "a dream come true", but her "loyalty is always to Sonny" even though he is "a nightmare"? That's the angle Carly is going with to get Sam to confront her "true feelings" for Jason? That's - special. You've got a real winner as a "friend" there, Sam. Scout needs new godparents immediately. 

Just because Valentin Cassadine isn't his cousin doesn't mean Victor Cassadine isn't Nathan's father. It just means the owner of the hair isn't related to Nathan.

• Love 4

Dang, how dumb is Maxie?  They've pretty spelled out the fact that Nathan is Faison's and she's all, "What?  What's going on?  What are you talking about?"  I thought she was a little quicker on the uptake than that...

• Love 3

Sorry guys, I get that this is a retcon, but Nathan being Faison's son is just a big nope.  I personally have been able to buy Dr. O having regrets and having grown to care about her children later in life, but she would not have particularly cared about Faison's influence on Britt and/or Nathan at that time - in fact, she would have thought they would have benefited from it! - and she absolutely would have presented a male heir to him to solidify their relationship.

I also didn't understand Nathan being all, "God knows what I inherited" re: being Faison's son.  Because 1) it's not like being a Cassadine scion was great shakes and 2) he's never judged Britt for having Faison as a father, he's never acted like she's tainted.

• Love 17