Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't call today's appearance by Maxie KS a real return. It is fake news, a tidbit thrown at us. A tease. Now she's off to Paris, and they didn't solve any of their problems or get a chance to talk.

We've been much more than patient. Please recast the role of Maxie and end the stool-pid Assman story with Amy 2.0.

Wow, I'm clearly on the opposite side of the fence of everyone else, because I loved Sam shooting Sonny and Spencer's return.

Now, I would have preferred a head shot but since it's not my birhtday or Christmas I have to settle for a leg shot and a shove in a hole.  I thought the leg shot made sense because Sonny was talking her down and she was lowering the gun before deciding to go ahead and shoot anyway.  Then I laughed so hard at 98 pound soaking wet Sam Morgan kicking Sonny into a hole.  And the way he went flying into that hole made me laugh even harder.  I just wish he would have landed on some sharp spike while he was at it.  

As for Spencer, I've never been a huge fan due to his townie histrionics, but I've liked NB's portrayal this summer, I've liked the Spencer versus Valentin scenes that we've had so far and I was disapointed yesterday when Dante didn't find him in the basement.  So when he showed up at the station today, well lets say it got a little dusty in here at that moment.  Who knew i felt that strongly about the little bugger!!

5 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Now she's off to Paris, and they didn't solve any of their problems or get a chance to talk.

Well, at least they had the conversation that we've all been saying for months, why isn't he going to Portland.  Of course his answer is because of stupid NIna, but at least they asked the question.  

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Not me, I wAs shouting, shoot him in the nuts.

I was thinking that very thing as well.  I could not say it out loud because it would have freaked out Mr.Moving.  Men are such babies when it comes to that sort of thing. :)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Wow, I'm clearly on the opposite side of the fence of everyone else, because I loved Sam shooting Sonny . . . Now, I would have preferred a head shot but since it's not my birhtday or Christmas I have to settle for a leg shot and a shove in a hole.  

Regardless of where he was shot, MB did some of his best acting today once he was spread-eagled in the pit. 

• Love 7

I must be channeling Max today and his big promotion because power appeals. (For example, a vision of Spencer tied up in that chair while cold water is dashed on his little weasel face.) Or Laura taking a switch out of her purse instead of another pair of glasses...you get the picture. At least let Valentin call him an idiotic spoiled brat, this time to his face and Laura's.

Frankly, I think Sam was aiming at the prick's prick, but her nerve failed at the last second. The fall into the hole may have hurt his spine and put him out of commission anyway. Wouldn't it be juicy to see Carly impale herself on Jason while Sonny suffers on the sidelines? (The two were joking earlier that it felt like "old times," whatever that means.) Sam could be too sick to care while Jason and Carly got it on.

When can this show quietly shed Finn and his baby mama?

20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I liked the Sam/Sonny scenes tbh. Some good stuff there and a lot of UCG. Now, if I think about it too hard I get irate, but the scenes themselves entertained me.

KSt still looks weird to me. And her hair is ugly. Sorry lol. 

I was trying to decide if she sounded tired or not and then I realized she just wasn't talking at a high pitch for once.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I liked the Sam/Sonny scenes tbh. Some good stuff there and a lot of UCG. Now, if I think about it too hard I get irate, but the scenes themselves entertained me.

KSt still looks weird to me. And her hair is ugly. Sorry lol. 

Really? I think her hair looks better than it has in a loooooong time!  Shorter hair and that color looks best on her. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What are the odds that when Laura finds out Spencer was taken because of Sonny that she won't go off on him? 

Laura ripping Sonny a new one has always been a thing of beauty.  Too bad no one is allowed to do that anymore.  

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Really? I think her hair looks better than it has in a loooooong time!  Shorter hair and that color looks best on her. 

I just think it looks badly cut and that the cut doesn't really work for her face shape. But also, it is better then her last hair style lol.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, LegalParrot81 said:

Laura ripping Sonny a new one has always been a thing of beauty.  Too bad no one is allowed to do that anymore.  

Well, Sam ripped him a new one today. It lacked punched though because a) it's coming from Sam who was extolled as Jason's best partner because she accepted the biz, and she and Jason are still living of the fruits off the biz b) KeMo's acting was fine but it didn't quite have the bite that that the best yelling-at-Sonny-scenes do and c) the writing was waaaay below the standard of the best yelling-at-Sonny-scenes.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Carly says she cares about Spencer.

How's that funny?  I can see Carly caring about Spencer.  She was very good friends with Courtney,* so I could see her caring about her son.  And as a bonus (for her, at least), he's Sonny's nephew.  Of course she'd care about anyone related to him.

*Yes, I totally said her name.  I don't get why everyone doesn't like to mention her by name, but I'm beyond sick of it.  There've been far more heinous characters than she.  She was a character on this show, people.  That is never going to change.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

How's that funny?  I can see Carly caring about Spencer.  She was very good friends with Courtney,* so I could see her caring about her son.  And as a bonus (for her, at least), he's Sonny's nephew.  Of course she'd care about anyone related to him.

Because plenty of us can see Carly caring about Carly (as usual), but her empathy for others is always 'questionable', especially given her recent scenes and dialogue about Ada that bring up her participation in covering up Old Man Corinthos' murder of AJ or her vilification of the Quartermaines (like when 'Jake' first remembered he was Jason). I also remember her laughing with the Borg about Jax's rape.

She has a long history of being selfish and self-centered. This is the same person who risked Michael being sent back to jail because she wanted revenge against Dante more. She's a horrible person. Does that sufficiently answer your question?

• Love 6
Just now, Lobsel Vith said:

Because plenty of us can see Carly caring about Carly (as usual), but her empathy for others is always 'questionable', especially given her recent scenes and dialogue about Ada that bring up her participation in covering up Old Man Corinthos' murder of AJ or her vilification of the Quartermaines (like when 'Jake' first remembered he was Jason). I also remember her laughing with the Borg about Jax's rape.

She has a long history of being selfish and self-centered. This is the same person who risked Michael being sent back to jail because she wanted revenge against Dante more. She's a horrible person. Does that sufficiently answer your question?

Because I can still see Carly caring about Spencer . . . no.  It absolutely doesn't.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

he writing was waaaay below the standard of the best yelling-at-Sonny-scenes.

Like this one:  about 12 minutes in

Or this one:  at the 5 minute mark:

Or this one:  at 7:30

• Love 5

Previews...so Dr. O is asking some dude if he wants to find his "former wife", a.k.a. Rebecca Budig.  So is this in fact the ex-husband Rebecca Budig referenced a million years ago?  Or did the show forget that they called him her "former fiance" last week?

Also, Spencer is totally going to lie and say Valentin kidnapped him. 

• Love 1

Was totally loving Diane today.....until she started the Sonny/Carly props. Jesus H. Christ enuf already!!!!  Diane shouldve been having this convo with her bestie Alexis, not Carly!  

God how I loved the kick today.....I must've rewound 10 times! I wish they would let Sam yell more...she is so mich more enjoyable when she is mad and yells.

To the poster who said it upthread....I too am digging Spencer this time around. It helps I think that they have him dressing like a normal kid this summer...jeans, tshirts, etc. and he is not as obnoxious. Maybe its cuz he more with GF now? idk but I am liking him.  I really really enjoyed his scenes with Ava last week too..they were really good together.

And speaking of GF, she was great last week with Valentin.  I think GF has never been better than this last year.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Star Aristille said:

I don't get why everyone doesn't like to mention her by name, but I'm beyond sick of it.  There've been far more heinous characters than she. 

That's probably true; it just didn't seem that way at the time

It doesn't bother me if people mention Sonny's dead half sister by name; I just like her board moniker, so I use it. Actually, she went through several board monikers in her day, and I Iiked all of them: Skipper, Kung Fu Barbie, Steroid Barbie, SWSNBN, and my favorite of all, Toonces. (For the younger readers or the uninitiated, in a recurring '90s SNL sketch, Toonces was a cat who could drive a car, but the drive always ended in a fiery crash. Courtney, from the day she first appeared, couldn't drive a car without it ending badly. She was literally introduced standing beside her car that had gone off the road, threatening to hit the guy who was trying to help her, Zander, with a tire iron. They definitely established her dominant character traits early and kept to them.)

• Love 4

I was confused by the mention that Robin has gone into labor. Wasn't she supposed to have the baby some time ago? I guess they were timing it to sync with Finola's summer leave. Too bad--I was hoping to see the new baby and Robin again.

Well Sam won't have to suffer any payback for shooting Sonny. As soon as she got home she fainted in Jason's arms. Now he will have to clean up the mess, find childcare for the kiddos, rescue Sonny, and be Carly's support in the aftermath. He shouldn't be let off the hook for kidnapping and torturing Valentin too.

I liked the extra time and attention given to Diane and her life with Max. Here was a chance for the actress to show her vulnerabilities, since she is usually written as a tough-as-nails attorney.

Another fucking press conference????? And what was so earth shattering that ABC had to interrupt the show just when sam shot Sonny? It came back on when SAm walked into the penthouse and then I wa subjected to diane waxing poetic about how Sonny would move heaven and earth and a few stars just to prove his love for CArly. 

Im gonna need a clip of Sam shoving Sonny into that hole. Or maybe a gif because I'm sure it was the best part of the show!

So if Spencer broke his glasses when he fell off the chair, how was he wearing them today and they were perfectly fine? And how did he 'escape'?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

KSt looks great, but where did that dimple under her cheekbone come from?

She's had the dimple since she lost all the weight last year or so. That said, I don't know how you actually get a dimple that you didn't have before. Maybe, it's some sort of scar that she got when she was having the skin issues. I do agree she looks a lot better. She has weight in her face her and looks healthier. Hopefully, she's got everything under control and will stay on the show without any issues.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Now, I would have preferred a head shot but since it's not my birhtday or Christmas I have to settle for a leg shot and a shove in a hole.  I thought the leg shot made sense because Sonny was talking her down and she was lowering the gun before deciding to go ahead and shoot anyway.  Then I laughed so hard at 98 pound soaking wet Sam Morgan kicking Sonny into a hole.  And the way he went flying into that hole made me laugh even harder.  I just wish he would have landed on some sharp spike while he was at it.  

I have to admit, I laughed a lot when she kicked him down the hole.  I usually hate any kind of violence but when it comes to Sonny, I am absolutely bloodthirsty.  And I don't feel a bit guilty, either!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

@Perkie, do I get half a point for saying Maxie called the station? ;)

I thought of you as soon as she said it!!   And when she said it, it made sense, like she knows that's where he goes when he comes off shift.   

But it I also liked that they mentioned it, like they knew someone was going to wonder!! 

@Sake614. 

My quote thing isn't working, but Laura had an extra pair of glasses that she gave Spencer.  And he stacked a bunch of books high enough to climb out the window.  

That whole convo with Diane/Carly/Sonny was bizarre and hilarious: "He's over the moon!" "It's his passion!" "It's the thing he's been waiting his whole life to do!" "He's ready!"  ... ... Jesus God people, he did not get accepted to be on Masterchef, he is becoming a fucking mob boss. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

*Yes, I totally said her name.  I don't get why everyone doesn't like to mention her by name, but I'm beyond sick of it.  There've been far more heinous characters than she.  She was a character on this show, people.  That is never going to change.

YMMV. I hated everything about the Sonny Fab 4. SkipperBitch and Sam were pretty much interchangeable in my view. The moment someone on the show staff decided that the then cutesy Courtney needed to be Sonny's sister and that Jason should be in love with her, was the character's downfall. Courtney with AJ wasn't too bad to watch. But then she all about Jason, Sonny and Carly. AJ was just some loser keeping her away from the MAN she really loved, Jason. Poor widdle Courtney!  No, she wasn't evil incarnate,  but she was a virus that infected the show and was forced into stories just because she was Jason's side piece and Sonny's lost sister. Her super power was annoying the hell out of me.

Carly only tolerated Skipper. She was Sonny's sister and Jason's gf/wife. Carly really doesn't have female friends. She has her mom. But it isn't like she goes out with Olivia or Sam. I don't think that Carly could ever really be a good friend with women. The character has always seen other women as rivals for her man's/sons'/Jason's attention. Contact with Olivia is mainly about the hotel or family. Sam. When was the last time we saw Carly just call to chat with Sam? If she talks to Sam, it is really about Jason. Or Jason helping Carly/Sonny/Michael. 

Carly has never cared one bit about Spencer. Outside of the rare occasions of Sonny remembering that Spencer is his nephew. It isn't like Carly begged Nik to let her see Spencer. Which you would think that Carly would do after all, Toonces was her supposed bestie and she died giving birth. But no. Spencer means nothing to Carly. Liz has more substantial relationship with Spencer.

Too bad Liz if off in Franco off site land, apparently. Since she should be supporting Laura. Especially with ER being on maternity leave. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So if Spencer broke his glasses when he fell off the chair, how was he wearing them today and they were perfectly fine? And how did he 'escape'?

Laura had a spare pair for him in her purse.  He piled books up and climbed out thru the window.

and he's totally going to lie and say it was Valentin, proving yet again what a brat he is.  Can't wait til he's found out and shipped off to boarding school again.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Star Aristille said:

I don't agree.  She did raise him for a fair while after he was born and did seem to care about him a lot.

She helped Jax kidnap him. Then Nik got him back and she never really mentioned him again. So caring about him for a few weeks doesn't mean that she ever really loved him. Or his bio mother. She really wanted baby John/Spencer because of Jax. Nik got the baby and Carly barely had a thought about Spencer again.

• Love 3
On 7/21/2017 at 4:38 PM, movingtargetgal said:
On 7/21/2017 at 3:21 PM, Linny said:

I guess Nina borrowed Alexis' copy of How to Deal with Your Criminal Ex-husband, because she seems to be making all the same moves.

How to Deal with Your Criminal Ex-Husband is a self-help book written by Carly.  Carly, Nina and Alexis should form a support group.  Laura could be a guest speaker to offer inspiration to the group because she was able to walk away from her criminal ex-husband, Luke, and has found love with a handsome law abiding doctor.

I guess now Diane will be going to the support groups.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Laura had a spare pair for him in her purse.  He piled books up and climbed out thru the window.

and he's totally going to lie and say it was Valentin, proving yet again what a brat he is.  Can't wait til he's found out and shipped off to boarding school again.

I can't wait until Alexis tells him he just gutted his lawsuit against Valentin. Since juries tend to frown upon plaintiffs lying.

And did this show actually have legal lawyer Diane call her boy toy criminal a soldier? Nope show. Max is a criminal. Not an honorable soldier in service to his country. Why do they need someone to point simple morality out to them?

• Love 3

That stupid twit Spencer is going to lie and says Valentin kidnapped him, isn't he. Then when the truth comes out that he's still a sociopath, everyone will stick up for him about how he's mourning his father's death. Nothing excuses him for being an arrogant jerk.

I ffed the Sam and Sonny nonsense, but that kick was glorious. Then Jason is going to save the day yet again, and we have another near-death Sonny storyline that we had to stomach. What is it now, every other year?

Loved seeing the Scorpios. I rarely watch so have no idea what this ass Man Landers storyline is, but it seems so boring that I am not going to waste my time finding out.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

He entered the police station without glasses, and Laura had another pair in her purse.  

Even when they try to write someone smart on this show, it's dumb. Spencer is talking about how there were old books lying around where he was being held, so he stacked the books until he could reach the window. Then he made sure to close the window behind him. Dude, I think they'd look at the stack of books reaching almost to the window and know how you got out, if there were any mystery about it to begin with. I doubt the second it would take to open the window would buy you that much time.  

Agreeing with CreamedPeas. Felicia is just terrible. Always and forever. Kristina Wagner tries so damned hard with all her verbal tics and affectations. She's sub-Stafford...and Stafford herself has been backsliding lately with the repetition of the dialogue, and the stammering while she thinks of where the line is going.  

Felicia: "Tell me about it! How was the flight? Was it a good one?" Jeez, simmer down there, Felicia. Air travel isn't such a novelty. "Oh, it was amazing. There was no turbulence whatsoever, I had a window seat, the person next to me didn't snore at all, and the in-flight movie was Sack Lunch. Here, I brought you peanuts."  

I was thinking today that Laura Wright as Carly is nothing at all like Laura Wright as Cassie on Guiding Light. She's good. She's really made it hers.  

Max/Diane fell flat as a source of angst and emotion. They're just not on enough. If this show has gained any viewers in the last year, rather than just hemorrhaged them, I don't know if they'd even know who Max is. The last time I remember seeing him was during Morgan's funeral episodes, so fall of last year.  

Oh, good, tomorrow we can see Nina requesting that Spencer tell the police Valentin had nothing to do with his kidnapping, and Spencer staring. It's not as though we just saw that. Preview-cutting person and episode-cutting person must not be on speaking terms this week. Talk it out, guys.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

That whole convo with Diane/Carly/Sonny was bizarre and hilarious: "He's over the moon!" "It's his passion!" "It's the thing he's been waiting his whole life to do!" "He's ready!" 

Does anyone else think it's odd that the Don of the Eastern Seaboard can find no one to take over for him other than the goon who was his bodyguard? The guy who would always be standing outside, guarding the closed door, when business was being conducted? The one who was always expected to follow orders but was never given an explanation why they were being issued? The guy we haven't even seen Sonny talk to onscreen in the last three months?  Newer viewers of the show (if there is such a thing) may never have seen Max at all.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Meh, Spencer's story is because of FV's "fondness" for Bechtel.  It has zip to do with the character's familial history to the show.

I'll continue to use SWSNBN because the character ate the show due to another executive's "fondness" for the actress in the role.  Blame Frons/Pratt for that overexposure and me cheering when Guza had her die in childbirth.  

*shrug*

• Love 5
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, Spencer is totally going to lie and say Valentin kidnapped him. 

To be fair,  Spencer doesn't exactly know who kidnapped him, but he's going to assume it's Valentin. We all know Garvey (hey! what happened to his body in that showdown with Sonny and Sam?) did it. And since Sonny is DEAD DEAD DEAD pushed down a hole bleeding from his leg but not bad enough to die, everyone will still pile onto Valentin.

I'm going to call that Sonny is going to hallucinate SB!Jason, and that's as much of the "Two Jasons" as we'll get.

Max's dad is Not!BigPussy, so I'm not surprised that Max is over the moon getting Sonny's territory. Diane's moaning and groaning is another example of "you bought your ticket, you crash."

Sam kicking Sonny also reminded us of this:

I just saw a commercial about The Bold & the Beautiful's week of episodes set in Monaco. Viewers get to see sunshine-rich shots of characters on luxurious yachts, beaches, etc. Meanwhile, we get to see that janky park....well, we get to see the 3'x3' section of it that they shoot so the raggedy chainlink fence and staff trailers are cropped out. :/

• Love 10
8 hours ago, stlbf said:

Max is a criminal. Not an honorable soldier

That's how the mob refers to its members. As soldiers. I don't disagree with your assessment, but the title is accurate.

• Love 1

Kung Fu Barbie being dead is one of Guza's best stories, ever!

FV is the reason that the show has not SORAS'd Emma, Spencer, Cam, Jake, etc... who should all be in story with Josslyn.

Sam couldn't even shoot Sonny in the head.  Fail!

Valentine's sad little face is annoying, AF.

When is Nina going to die?

Diana should have been having her conversation with Alexis who loves bad boy mobsters.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, rur said:

Does anyone else think it's odd that the Don of the Eastern Seaboard can find no one to take over for him other than the goon who was his bodyguard? The guy who would always be standing outside, guarding the closed door, when business was being conducted? The one who was always expected to follow orders but was never given an explanation why they were being issued? The guy we haven't even seen Sonny talk to onscreen in the last three months?  Newer viewers of the show (if there is such a thing) may never have seen Max at all.  

Hmm Well Jason has known from the get-go that he could be the heir-apparent, but he said he wanted out. And isn't Max just the temporary head until Sonny locates a seasoned mob executive on the Eastern Seaboard?

I'm sure that Carly fantasizes about Jason peen whenever she's in bed with Sonny. I don't want her to have that satisfaction, yet I'd love to see Sonny's head explode, particularly if he's impotent. He could have prostate cancer too since so many older men must cope with that diagnosis, but the show might get negative feedback if he had that and Carly was bedding Jason.

The real soapy fun would be for Oscar to get a crush on Carly, now that Joss likes him. Carly could seduce him evilly and make poor Joss's head explode, ruining their bond just as she is hitting teenhood. Talk about family disfunction!

2 hours ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I just saw a commercial about The Bold & the Beautiful's week of episodes set in Monaco. Viewers get to see sunshine-rich shots of characters on luxurious yachts, beaches, etc. Meanwhile, we get to see that janky park....well, we get to see the 3'x3' section of it that they shoot so the raggedy chainlink fence and staff trailers are cropped out. :/

The show needed the money to resign with RoHo? I just don't want to believe the rumors that he has such a big fan base fighting for him and for Franco's redemption.

• Love 2

I don't know why we wasted all that time with Spencer trying to throw a rope on the window lock when he found a bunch of books to stack on that chair. I never expected this story to have a big ending, but wow, this was like a deflated balloon.

10 hours ago, stlbf said:

I can't wait until Alexis tells him he just gutted his lawsuit against Valentin. Since juries tend to frown upon plaintiffs lying.

I don't see how lying about being kidnapped by Valentin (which of course Spencer will do) affects the civil case. They're completely unrelated.

9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Max/Diane fell flat as a source of angst and emotion.

Diane was there solely to drive home the point that Carly is lucky Sonny is out of the mob. That discussion was so stupid. Max has been with Sonny as his bodyguard for ages; if anyone knows about the danger of being in the mob, it's Max. And how many people has Diane seen shot, kidnapped, bombed, etc. because they're mob or mob-adjacent? Yet now she suddenly is fearful for Max? This fakakta show and its unbelievable hypocrisy with violence.

• Love 2

Call me crazy, but I don't recall seeing a stack of -- or scattered -- books when Dante found the glasses in Spencer's dungeon. Surely one of PC's Finest might have noticed that, or an open window, no?

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know why we wasted all that time with Spencer trying to throw a rope on the window lock when he found a bunch of books to stack on that chair.

I would like to know what kind of books these were. You can't balance on top of a bunch of old paperback Sweet Valley Highs. How convenient that there happened to be a bunch of extra large hardcovers lying around.

• Love 5