Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yet none came to the Lante wedding(s) either.

If memory serves (and I could have imagined the whole thing!!), there are some that came to the first wedding.  Lante were in NY on NY Eve and decided to get married.  I vaguely remember a handful of extras showing up and supposedly being some Falconeris.  I think I remember being pissed that none of the Spencers were there.  

The renewal of the vows was a smaller event that only had Laura, Olivia and Maxie.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Perkie said:
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

Yet none came to the Lante wedding(s) either.

If memory serves (and I could have imagined the whole thing!!), there are some that came to the first wedding.  Lante were in NY on NY Eve and decided to get married.  I vaguely remember a handful of extras showing up and supposedly being some Falconeris.  I think I remember being pissed that none of the Spencers were there.  

This is what I remember, too. And I was also annoyed there were no Spencers.

2 hours ago, backhometome said:

Sonny in Sams hallucinations is the most Ive enjoyed MB in years. Him and KeMo seem to like this stuff. 

I feel like MB is actually putting some effort into those scenes.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

But this storyline sounds so familiar and deja vu! Laura knew about the rape, but married her rapist and had two kids with him. This show loves that miserable "plot".

I still don't know why Laura married Luke after he raped her...

• Love 1
(edited)

Not one single, solitary mention of Ned's ONLY DAUGHTER on his wedding day, that's inexcusable.  How hard is it to say her flight got delayed somewhere or have her send a gift from off-screen like Tracy did?

But no worries, plenty of time for Sonny and Carly - who shouldn't be there - to schmoop around and talk about renewing their vows, SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17

The good: Tracy's letter, the women helping Olivia get it together, the vows and song (hokey but nice), the officiant not being Lucy.

The bad: superfluous Man Landers stuff, Joss breaking the rules for Oscar 2.0 (because that'll definitely bite her in the ass), the pitifully low amount of wedding guests. Oh, and everything Sonny and Carly, but that goes without saying.

All in all, not a bad wedding. Nobody got held hostage or shot, so that automatically gives this wedding a leg up. Ned and Olivia are really sweet together, and I hope the show will allow them to stay that way.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Not one single, solitary mention of Ned's ONLY DAUGHTER on his wedding day, that's inexcusable.  How hard is it to say her flight got delayed somewhere or have her send a gift from off-screen like Tracy did?

Made even more egregious by the fact that Brook Lynn actually knows Olivia - she and Dante were childhood friends. Sonny and Carly's scenes could have been cut to show Brook Lynn coming to her dad's wedding, connecting with him and her new stepmom and "brother" (just make Leo Ned's kid, already, Show) and talking to her old friend about how wild it is that they are step-siblings now. (Made rather awkward by that time she tried to roofie him - on Carly's orders, because Carly is just super - but hopefully Brook Lynn is less of an asshole now and we can forget that.)

To not even mention her is crazy. Would the new or casual viewer even know that Ned has a kid?

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 14

It depends on when they've caught the show. She's mentioned once in a while. 

There should have been a moment of awkwardness or awkward joking between Dillon and Dante too. 

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But no worries, plenty of time for Sonny and Carly - who shouldn't be there - to schmoop around and talk about renewing their vows, SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP!

That was ridiculous. Do even their fans want to see that? Not to mention the stupidity of Sonny saying how difficult it was for them to see Nelle to Michael.

I was actually surprised at the number of guests, since no one has had extras at weddings anymore. Did Maxie and Nathan, maybe? I forget. I was kind of surprised Monica and Laura showed.

Nelle's body language during the show off your dress sassily time was so awkward.

I hated Ned's singing. I guess it added a bit of personal flavor to the wedding but it crossed my corny line.

All in all Olivia when she's on too much is annoying as hell but I thought it was sweet she got a wedding.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Not to mention the stupidity of Sonny saying how difficult it was for them to see Nelle to Michael.

While he's seated across the room from Monica, the mother of the man he murdered.

• Love 9

I thought Carly mentioned something to Joss about Avery, as if Joss was going to be babysitting Avery while paragon of virtue Sonny took Carly to the wedding they shouldn't have attended. And seriously? ANOTHER vow renewal for Carson?

I enjoyed the wedding for the most part, Carly constantly glaring at Nelle was annoying me to no end, I'm glad Tracey at least got a mention but yeah, Ned has a daughter writers.

My biggest disappointment was Sonny was still breathing at the end of the episode, but then again I feel that way every time I watch this damn show.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Oscar has a mom, but never knew his dad.  Any guesses who he's related to because, c'mon, he's related to someone.

No idea how reliable this is, but I came across a spoiler that said Oscar is

Spoiler

actually Alec, Brenda's son.

I don't know how I feel about it.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I hated Ned's singing

Oh, God. Having Eddie Maine flashbacks. Not saying WK isn't decent at singing, but this just sounds cheesy. On a side note, did anyone back in the day really think of Ned as a "rock star"? I mean, Chris Cornell, Eddie Vedder, Eddie Maine. One of these things is not like the other...

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Nelle's body language during the show off your dress sassily time was so awkward.

I'm not a Nelle fan, but when she looked so crestfallen and said she had put on her best dress and was it not good enough, I felt a tug of ... something charitable toward her. 

And I loved the lighting when Joss opened the door, the red glow reflected off the devil himself.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Not to mention the stupidity of Sonny saying how difficult it was for them to see Nelle to Michael.

While he's seated across the room from Monica, the mother of the man he murdered.

This is the sort of thing I find alternately enraging and hilarious. Enraging because the show is so bent on forgetting that Sonny murdered AJ, but hilarious because it's exactly the sort of smug, tone-deaf thing Sonny would say.

14 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

On a side note, did anyone back in the day really think of Ned as a "rock star"? I mean, Chris Cornell, Eddie Vedder, Eddie Maine. One of these things is not like the other...

Eddie Maine wore leather pants. That was basically how GH defined "rock star." Hee.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Oh, God. Having Eddie Maine flashbacks. Not saying WK isn't decent at singing, but this just sounds cheesy. On a side note, did anyone back in the day really think of Ned as a "rock star"? I mean, Chris Cornell, Eddie Vedder, Eddie Maine. One of these things is not like the other...

The most hilarious thing about the corny singing was Sonny seemed to like it and was bopping his head along to the music.

Oscar 2 is cute in that bland sort of Rafe way but I thought his scenes with Joss were sweet.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

No idea how reliable this is, but I came across a spoiler that said Oscar is

Reveal hidden contents

actually Alec, Brenda's son.

I don't know how I feel about it.

I remember reading this too.

37 minutes ago, nilyank said:

The most hilarious thing about the corny singing was Sonny seemed to like it and was bopping his head along to the music.

Oscar 2 is cute in that bland sort of Rafe way but I thought his scenes with Joss were sweet.

Yes, I thought of Rafe for a minute too. 

Joss:  There's a big wedding at the Metro Court

Me:  In another room?  There were barely any guests for Ned and Olivia.  What about Alexis, who was a good friend of Ned's as well as being his ex.  Kristina is the half-sister of the bride's son.  Even if they didn't want to fork over the money for an extra or two, there must have regulars who they could bring in to fill those empty chairs.

• Love 6
(edited)
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

No surprise there. He still doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Mother Aristille, who's obsessed with all things Sonny, apparently doesn't think he did anything wrong, either, and wasn't mad that he deported Jax.  In fact, she outright said she thought it was Jax's own fault for sleeping with Carly, even though Sonny was the one who declared their marriage over in the first place!

I love my mother, but she can be so blind when it comes to Sonny.  It's nauseating.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Joss:  There's a big wedding at the Metro Court

Me:  In another room?  There were barely any guests for Ned and Olivia.  What about Alexis, who was a good friend of Ned's as well as being his ex.  Kristina is the half-sister of the bride's son.  Even if they didn't want to fork over the money for an extra or two, there must have regulars who they could bring in to fill those empty chairs.

Kristina's not a regular, though, so they'd be shelling out extra money for her to be there.

6 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Would you advertise that? LOL!

Absolutely!!  I'd be all, 'get that creepy little bugger out of my head" !!

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I was kind of surprised Monica and Laura showed.

Monica is Ned's aunt and Laura is co-grandmother with Olivia.  Would have been terrible if they hadn't been there.  

I didn't recognize Lauren until the two-shot with Laura.

I'm not surprised at everyone's "that fireman was so sensitive about being groped by drunken Olivia!" but I'm still grossed out by it. 

Sonny feels "real bad" about hurting Joss—so bad it took him weeks to finally apologize face to face. I'd love a story where Joss's kidney puts her in the hospital and Jax can't visit her and it causes a lot of problems, but it'd be written so that somehow Sonny ends up the hero. So never mind.

I really can't see Tracy sending monogrammed champagne flutes as a wedding gift.

LOL at Sonny calling Carly generous for letting Olivia have her wedding in the hotel she partly owns.

I had to stop and think who the smaller boy was. I'd forgotten all about Leo. I really wanted Julian to crash the wedding so he could see Leo.

I wonder if ER started her mat leave while they were filming the wedding, since Lulu wasn't there and Dante said she wasn't feeling well.

I don't think the dress Olivia ending up wearing was much better than the family dress she disdained.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

The scenes were sweet, but wow, is Oscar 2 bland. 

• Love 2

What I liked:

Carly's dress colour was stunning.  

Loved the colour of Nelle's dress, though didn't think it was all that in a bag of chips in a Cartulo designer kind of way.

Loved the three small kids walk in together.  

Joss dismissing both Carly and Sonny.  Carly: "I love you"  Joss; "Yeah, whatever"

Dante walking Olivia down the aisle.  Got a little dusty in here right about then.  

What I didn't like:

They waited so long to do this wedding crossing into Emme's mat leave, that Lulu couldn't be at her mother in law's wedding.

NO mention of Brooklyn.

We have Vernee Johnson yelling at Jordan every five minutes but we can't rent an extra to play Olviia's mother?   Italians go to every human person's wedding that they've ever met in their entire lives, and this family is supposed to be huge but not one of them showed up?  

Hated Olivia's dress.  The top part was fine but the poofy bottom did nothing for me.

Where was Alexis.  Or Jason?  

Everything CarSon.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Absolutely!!  I'd be all, 'get that creepy little bugger out of my head" !!

Monica is Ned's aunt and Laura is co-grandmother with Olivia.  Would have been terrible if they hadn't been there.  

It would have been, but it wouldn't have been surprising either.

• Love 1

I still can't believe Will's mom is some serious supporting player on this show.

Curtis had some super-dramatic line about "My Auntie" a couple weeks ago and I lost it. It's so ridiculous. I like the dude playing him but who cares about this storyline between all these characters the show has zero investment in? The actors are all talented (Vinessa Antoine is okay), and they could do better with all of them but they never have.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Linny said:

All in all, not a bad wedding. Nobody got held hostage or shot, so that automatically gives this wedding a leg up. Ned and Olivia are really sweet together, and I hope the show will allow them to stay that way.

According to previews, the wedding and reception aren't over yet, so....we can't count our chickens before they're hatched.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
sp
(edited)
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Oscar has a mom, but never knew his dad.  Any guesses who he's related to because, c'mon, he's related to someone.

My guess: he's either a Quartermaine from a long-frozen sperm sample of Ned's grandfather, or AJ or Alan, or he's Sonny's kid from a past liaison. I prefer the latter, so that when Joss gets involved with him she can hate him and love him simultaneously. And if Joss has an accidental pregnancy with him, she can actually give birth to a spawn in the Corinthos line like her mother Carly did. They will name the kid "Morgan".

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I suppose it's too much to hope that he's A.J.'s long-lost son...

4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

did anyone back in the day really think of Ned as a "rock star"? I mean, Chris Cornell, Eddie Vedder, Eddie Maine. One of these things is not like the other...

I think of Eddie Maine as a "rock star" in the same school of "rock star" as Michael Buble, Michael Bolton, and Justin Bieber are "rock stars".

I wondered where Lulu was during the wedding but didn't hear Dante szy she wasn't feeling well. Still made no sense because she was perfectly fine five minutes before the ceremony when she was in Olivia's room. And her absence at the wedding was quite jarring since she's dantes wife and the brides daughter in law.

didnt think Nelles dress was all that. The color was nice but I was expecting something more since nina made such a big deal about it.

sonny and Carly were atrocious as always. At least Joss didnt immediately cave when Sonny apologized.

• Love 1
(edited)

Didn't Ned say something about thinking there aren't many Quartermaines left and look at them now.  Does that mean that Oscar is going to be AJ's son?  Because I would really like that.  Plus  Carly's and Sonny's heads would explode.  Speaking of Carly, when one of your two remaining children is angry at you and the other is telling you to respect his choices as he dates a woman in spite of your disapproval, maybe it's time to reconsider your parenting choices.

Olivia not having a bridesmaid or maid of honour shows just how much this show has ignored her life.  She doesn't even have a best friend.  I rolled my eyes as Sonny told Carly what a wonderful person she is for the basic decency of ordering her staff to decorate a room for her partner's wedding.  On another show, they'd clearly be identified as Lord and Lady Macbeth.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny feels "real bad" about hurting Joss—so bad it took him weeks to finally apologize face to face. I'd love a story where Joss's kidney puts her in the hospital and Jax can't visit her and it causes a lot of problems, but it'd be written so that somehow Sonny ends up the hero. So never mind.

I really can't see Tracy sending monogrammed champagne flutes as a wedding gift.

Sonny will arrange to have the charges against Jax dropped because he's just so influential in the federal government (probably does real estate deals with Trump) and everyone is so grateful to Sonny they kiss his ring.

Monogrammed champagne flutes seems like one of those things that people who aren't as rich as Tracy thinks rich people do.

Edited by statsgirl
5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

To not even mention her is crazy. Would the new or casual viewer even know that Ned has a kid?

Possibly - in a Ned-Tracy goodbye seen (on the Q couch) he mentioned love of Olivia and his daughter.  So no mention of his daughter on his wedding day is glaring.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sonny will arrange to have the charges against Jax dropped

Pretty sure that's exactly what he was doing at the end of yesterday's show when he made the phone call and told the person 'I have a job for you.' Carly had just told him that if Jax were there, the three of them could sit down and discuss Joss' living arrangements but obviously that couldn't happen.

so by next week, Joss will see that Sonny is really a swell guy and instantly forgive him. ::eyeroll::

• Love 2

Can some kind soul with more intact brain cells refresh me on AJ's long lost child and who is the father of Brenda's child.

I'm finding it hard to believe Charlotte is so easily and happily integrating with all these new people and not more upset about her father. I would think Valentin's absence would be extremely hard on her as close as they are, and she would suffer at least some depression and confusion.  

• Love 2

Sonny, it's a wedding.  Shave off the grey fuzz, you look like a bum. 

Call me old fashioned, but Nelle shouldn't have worn fire engine red to a wedding.  The style didn't do her any favors, either.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Can some kind soul with more intact brain cells refresh me on AJ's long lost child and who is the father of Brenda's child.

Until we hear otherwise, Michael is AJ's only child. The father of Brenda's child was a Russian mobster,Karpov's son.  IIRC,  the story was that Brenda dumped him and tried to get some distance, he cornered her, they struggled and she accidentally killed him. Dante knew her back then and helped cover it up.   Karpov wanted revenge ... cue the storyline of Brenda coming back to Port Charles and moving in with Jason so he could protect her. Bleh. At that time she believed her baby had not survived. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Brenda's baby daddy was the Balkan's son, not Karpov's.

That whole thing was just such a waste. I mean, I guess it's better than Dante (wasn't that the rumored plan that VM put the kibosh on?), but way to have Brenda have a kid with someone the audience had never even met. (And I say this as someone who has always been indifferent to Brenda.) He should have been Jax's. Could have been story galore there, and I could just see Carly's head explode in jealousy. But that's actual soap.

And GH seems determined to avoid that at all costs.

• Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Hated Olivia's dress.  The top part was fine but the poofy bottom did nothing for me.

I can never understand why some brides insist on a strapless gown. It always gives the same effect: suspense concerning whether a wardrobe malfunction will occur (a "bride-flashing" incident). And the clergyman can ogle all of the bride's charms while he is supposed to be listening to the vows. I hope Ned stuffs cake down her boobs.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

I never understood why Jax wasn't Brenda's son's father! It would drive Carly to rage status that Brenda had a kid with Jax. The only other woman I would want to have Jasper Jax's child would be Liz. Brenda and Liz having Jax's children would damn near have Carly speechless.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Monogrammed champagne flutes seems like one of those things that people who aren't as rich as Tracy thinks rich people do.

Yes really useless, since they can be used one time (or perhaps on anniversaries). Now they can gather dust in some china cabinet for decades. I expected a large check from Tracy to the  newlyweds. Cheap bitch.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Call me old fashioned, but Nelle shouldn't have worn fire engine red to a wedding.  The style didn't do her any favors, either.

Yes Nina was an idiot for picking a color that screams  "look at me" at the wedding of someone else--an acquaintance, in fact.  Carly was beyond crass for sending evil eye stares at the couple during the wedding. Even Sonny had better manners than hers.

Speaking of CarSon, wasn't it typical that they used Olivia's and Ned's wedding as an excuse to dream up an extravaganda for themselves, where they will be the center of attention renewing their own tattered wedding vows.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Possibly - in a Ned-Tracy goodbye seen (on the Q couch) he mentioned love of Olivia and his daughter.  So no mention of his daughter on his wedding day is glaring.

If Jean Passanante was still at this show she'd be telling people on Twitter that they cut the scene where Ned explained Brook Lynn had been hit by a car and killed two years ago. There's only so much content for 35-38 minutes of non-commercial air, and Nina, Charlotte and Auntie Stella have story that needs to play.

1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

That whole thing was just such a waste. I mean, I guess it's better than Dante (wasn't that the rumored plan that VM put the kibosh on?), but way to have Brenda have a kid with someone the audience had never even met.

I wanted the kid to be Jax's at the time - badly - but I kind of get why they changed it up, if not just for VM rebelling against the Dante thing. Alec being only a Barrett frees up romantic options someday.

Though I'd bring him on as either flamingly gay or bi. Come on, that's what would happen to Brenda's kid.

• Love 3
(edited)

Literally did not recognize Molly. Thought she was in Witness Protection.

I loved James DePaiva on OLTL for many years but I was not thrilled at his being brought on as yet another OLTL hire on GH at this late date, so I will admit to being amused that he is just some fly-by-night dayplayer nobody, not Jeff Webber or some shit where once again an OLTL star will have an unnecessary leading role on this show. But I imagine the job is to help JDP keep his health insurance, which is kind of them. That said: "Dr. David Bench" sounds like a George Glass Brady Bunch thing, where Frank just saw random things in his field of vision and kludged them together in two seconds to make up a fake-sounding name - an eroticized poster of Michelangelo's David; a shot of that one park bench we use all the time! Go!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1